Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Another big benefit in pro to the system is there online training documentation as well as videos. It makes it very helpful."
  • icon"Reports are very flexible to customize. Officials scheduling piece has saved us money since officials receive reminders about games."
  • icon"Outstanding customer support, easy to learn and versatile interface, integrated background checks."
  • icon"Scheduling is the hardest part with odd teams."
  • icon"I can't find much to say that could be negative. Anything I have had to learn or find out is available with links and or videos."
  • icon"The website functionality for the lay person is a little limited."

Have you used TeamSideline.com and would like to share your experience with others?

All TeamSideline.com Reviews

Alison

February 2022

THIS is your system. Look no further!!!

Nicest people, best service. Great product. No one has anything that comes close. And these people who built this have been in our roles and understand what we need.

Pros

It has everything. Everything. Even referee management. And the SUPPORT IS UNMATCHED. They are always there to help. This is the single most important thing as a volunteer administrator!!! Thank you TeamSideline!

Cons

It’s hard to say. I have learned the system over the last year and built from scratch. There are things that we used to do as a club that were so manual- change management to being systematized was probably our biggest issue. Not the fault of TeamSodeline.

Reasons for choosing TeamSideline.com

No one from sports illustrated got back to me. Ever.

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Clunky system. No text communication. No app. No referee management.

Travis

Easy to use, quick to build new content, flexible to our changing needs as a club/association.

Pros

Simple, intuitive interface. Easy to teach others. Help videos available to assist with learning. Our users like the system-registration is simple and we rarely have to field IT-related questions, unlike other systems where the parents and volunteers often get quite frustrated with clunky or arcane interfaces. TeamSideline plays well with other computer systems, too, so, for example, they run our volunteer background checks in cooperation with our state association without the need for manual data pulls/pushes. As a youth soccer volunteer, I need a software platform that is very intuitive so I can learn how to do new things/use new enhancements to the program as the platform evolves. TeamSideline has been all that. One example... Last night, in one evening, using TeamSideline software, I was able to build a webpage for a tournament for my club, post their rules and their flyer in the Downloads area, set up a news item announcing the tournament, build an entry form to collect registration data for the teams, and add three entries to the club store so the teams can pay their registration fee with a credit card depending on which age team enters the tournament. Today I sent a note out to every club and team in the area telling them about the tournament and pointing them to the webpage for further info. I used TeamSideline contact tools to push the announcement to all the spring teams in my leagues with a few clicks.

Cons

A few of the higher admin functions sometimes take a bit of extra learning, but I suppose that's to be expected. TeamSideline service is very timely, and they sometime/often have responded to my queries on weekends, late at night, and always very quickly. Soccer volunteers often do their soccer "work" at odd hours because that's the only time available to them, so getting fast replies from support is just terrific! Another example: I schedule leagues with TeamSideline--normally 20-30 teams each season, but last spring I took on an 186 team league with 16 divisions, and my knowledge of the scheduling module was totally scalable to the larger task. The communications module was also very handy for this large-scale scheduling, as it allowed a very quick "check box" selection of team contacts, club admins, etc. for sending out reschedule requests, field closures, or any other sort of time sensitive email that required accuracy and reliability. Then it logged the communications, too, so there was an audit trail. Finally, the program has very nice additions, including a feature where coaches of record can log onto the league site and see the contact information for all the teams in their division. This means real-time access to up-to-date contact info, not hunting around for the contact list from the beginning of the season with possibly incomplete or out-of-date contact info. The mobile version means all the TeamSideline info is at my fingertips all the time.

Ashley

TeamSideline Review

It is apparent that TeamSideline cares about their product. They are constantly upgrading the product with new features and take feedback from the users serious in their consideration for modifications. The support team is EXCELLENT! Probably the most helpful, timely, and friendly responses I have experienced with any vendor. They are always willing to answer questions and help out immediately to address any issues. I have never had a negative experience or hesitations with TeamSideline and highly recommend the software.

Pros

The “communication” features on the site, especially the timestamped receipts, is a big asset to our office. It helps us keep track of communications that are sent to hundreds of individuals as well as send important communications very quickly when needed. The scheduling modular is super easy to use. It identifies errors in schedules or conflicts. The user-friendliness of the site makes training new employees a breeze. I have trained employees who have never scheduled any sports programs before by using this software. The customization of the webpage viewed by customers to make our site our own style with tabs, pictures, graphics, messages, etc. There are so many options to customize the needs as an administrator including adding or deleting functions that are or are not used. The site can be as simple or as detailed as needed which covers a large spectrum.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I would change or that I do not like about this software.

Amy

Great Software w/ Top Notch Customer Service

TeamSideline has been a game changer for our organization! Working within the field of youth and adult sports leagues for over 20 years, it was difficult to find a software to fit our needs and TeamSideline has exceeded our expectations. It is an easy to use software from participant registration to league management. We register teams, collect fees, manage rosters, create a variety of schedules and tournaments, along with assigning officials. We have yet to tap into the many fantastic capabilities TeamSideline has to offer.

Pros

Team Sideline's customer service is top notch. Their response time is within minutes. Team Sideline is very easy to use and offers a variety of league and tournament options. Low-cost They have a variety of communication options (text and email) for coaches and managers. Very efficient. A fantastic number of reports from enrollments to financials.

Cons

Reviewing a number of league management software...… I can't find a con with this software or company.

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Our previous software was very difficult to schedule leagues and tournaments.

Experience with Team Sideline Software Use

Being a youth sports non profit we need to maximize our resources. Switching over to the teamsideline software has allowed us to automate everything and helped saved money and resources that can be used in other areas of need.

Pros

The biggest attraction about the software was the simplicity that it delivered. We found it very easy on both the consumer end with registration and on the administrative side setting up the programs. It is very user friendly!

Cons

I can't find much to say that could be negative. Anything I have had to learn or find out is available with links and or videos. In a worst case scenario the support team is outstanding and will assist if needed.

Reasons for choosing TeamSideline.com

Overall I liked what I saw and after speaking with their staff I was sold.

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Once I became involved it was evident we had to catch up with our technology and ability to communicate with our players, sponsors and league as a whole. Teamsideline has more than delivered that for us!

Kris

Time used: Free Trial

September 2012

Couldn't live without Teamsideline!

I can't live without teamsideline! This has made such an improvement to our overall softball program. Once we got all of the teams using the site regularly, it has been such a great asset! Love being able to quickly and easily post schedules and playoffs and then notify everyone to check. Thanks Teamsideline! I am so appreciative of your efforts to helping make my program great!

Pros

Easy to post schedules Easy communications to teams Easy short cut link (www.teamsideline.com/woodland) REPORTS are excellent and use them all the time! The new page splash is a great function! Easy for ASA rep (Cassi) to bill us accordingly - spring only. Thank for for the timestamps on the schedules, that was a huge addition!

Cons

Difficult to "build" home page Roster functionality is limited Wish it was easier to move teams between divsions (especially at a half-way point in season) Page splash is tempermental, can't see what it would look like without going out and coming back in. Wish there was a way to track the ASA registered teams here.

Response from TeamSideline.com

Thanks for the feedback on areas too improve. We have worked on many of those areas already! We appreciate your partnership!

Replied December 2015

Jeff

Considerable upgrade

We originally came across TeamSideline for nothing more than a scheduling solution for our 50+ team youth baseball and softball program (and it's been wonderful). After just one year, we are starting to implement several other components for our league management applicable through TeamSideline.

Pros

Although the software itself is very user friendly to begin with, the support team has been nothing short of amazing since day one. Other tech companies are officially put on notice and should all clone their support team model after TeamSideline.

Cons

Any cons up to this point would be quibble however, if I had to be frivolous, I would like to see more integration with QuickBooks for our accounting end of league business.

Reasons for choosing TeamSideline.com

The league scheduling interface was what drew us to TeamSideline originally.  After using the software for over a year now, we are starting to expand other areas of our league management into TeamSideline and it has not disappointed.

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Scheduling a 50+ team league that runs over the period of 7-months is very cumbersome with our old product.  TeamSideline scheduling component is head and shoulders above any other product we have used.  Additional features such as the registration portal, volunteer management, and versatile home page interface was also attractive for us.

Response from TeamSideline.com

Thanks Jeff! We are always working to make the Platform better -- and a Quickbooks Integration function is on our list of high priorities. So stay tuned!

Replied January 2021

Maureen

Great customer service, scheduling, facility management and registration.

We used another product for registration and payment and we spent hours three times a year trying to get the data into the format needed for financial purposes. The staffing efficiencies gained more than outweigh the cost to use TeamSideline. We were also able to track account balances in real time. The experience for the end user was also greatly enhanced.

Pros

I have never experienced in my personal or professional career a company with such exemplary customer service. The responses are always prompt and complete. Every level of management is available for response including the owner. Virtual meetings and phone calls are scheduled as requested in a convenient manner. TeamSideline is a comprehensive sports program offering the end user all necessary capabilities to run a successful sports program. It is Arbiter, Game Changer, Team Snap, Sign-Up Genius, Gmail, and a scheduling program all in one.

Cons

The website functionality for the lay person is a little limited.

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Increase in efficiencies. We were already using TeamSideline for scheduling but added registration to the package.

Joe

Customer Service is second to none and the interface is very user friendly.

Pros

For many years our organization used a different service provider; they offered little or no customer service, tech support and the client was very user unfriendly. We then choose to search for a new provider, in our search we found Bruce from TeamSideline. We explained our situation and needs to Bruce and he assured us that he could solve all of our problems and help improve our families interface with our website. Not only did Bruce and the Staff at TeamSideline clear up all our issues they have gone above and beyond helping us improve our website and user interaction. No matter how small or large the issue they tackle (pun intended) the situation quickly and efficiently. The Staff at TeamSideline replies to e-mails usually within the hour no matter the time of day and follow up with us to make sure the problem was solved and that we were completely happy with them. I recommended TeamSideline to all of our organizations that I speak to.

Cons

Cons- haven't found any yet after a few years of using TeamSideline. As the volunteer commissioner of a youth football league I have many issues to contend with throughout the year. I'm personally grateful to TeamSideline's ability to quickly and effectively support managing our websites, it has taken a huge burden off of me. For those of you still using the older, larger services you are doing yourself and your families a huge disservice.

Stuart

Time used: Free Trial

January 2013

Our TeamSideline site has added another level of professionalism to our programs

I hope to encourage any group looking use TeamSideline to not hesitate any longer! TeamSideline has gone above and beyond what I would have expected out of a simple scheduling software company and never once have they attempted to up-sell me during my time with them. They are just a group who wants to produce a great product in order to see their customers satisfied and they seem to accomplish it with ease. As our athletic programming in our department continues to grow I look forward to using TeamSideline more and more for my scheduling and my source of information for our local teams.

Pros

TeamSideline has a great balance between ease of use and having more than enough options and ways to accomplish our scheduling needs. The flexibility and adaptability of the system allows me to schedule our leagues the way I specifically envision them while doing a majority of the leg work for me. Being able to use a site that is very presentable and has a professional appearance has added another level of professionalism to our programs. I appreciate being able to design how the site looks without having any knowledge of programming or web design. Most importantly, TeamSideline has OUTSTANDING customer service. Bruce and his team are easily reached and will search for an immediate answer to any confusion or issues I may have when using the program. They've gone above and beyond to check with us numerous times to ensure we are satisfied with their service, and we are never disappointed!

Cons

The only cons I could maybe hold against TeamSideline is that their product offers so many options that the first time using their product I did need to call and ask for assistance. But, once they walked me through some of the scheduling program I was able to easily use it the next time around without any hiccups. Also, each TeamSideline site has the same basic structure so maybe just a little more opportunity to look unique would be nice.

Kristy

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

HARD Sports loves Teamsideline!

This is one of the best websites that I have ever worked with in my field. I find it very easy to use and interact with. All of our clients seem to be able to navigate the site with easy. Over the years the updates and upgrade have grown to make things easier to use and better for admins and end users. We have recently added some new features and I look forward to exploring how they function and work.

Pros

I like the way the Admin screen is laid out. Easy to use and interact with. I also like that I did not have to build the whole site from scratch (that was the case with our past site – actually had to do that twice, after it crashed one time). Customer Service is always top notch, great response times!

Cons

I can’t really think of one that comes to the top of my head at this point in time!

Reasons for choosing TeamSideline.com

We were impressed with what we saw right off the bat!

Reasons for switching to TeamSideline.com

Needed something that helped make league scheduling easier and more interactive.

Kristen

I have used TeamSideline now for four years. Every year it gets better.

Pros

Easy to track registrations, no paperwork. I can login at any time from anywhere and get what I need. Saves me time. Customer service is A+. Always adapting to what the customer needs. Easy explanation of how to do things online. Love the photo upload option. Can track all accounts and do as many options you need for your specific organization. Can use and view from computer or phone, which is a huge plus. Very easy for a new person to the system to use and learn how to operate.

Cons

I do not have any cons. TeamSideline is always there when I need them. It makes it so easy to do my job as a volunteer and the customer service is amazing!

Heather

It's everything we could ask for in a web-service plus prompt & knowledgeable customer service.

Pros

I highly recommend TeamSideline to all sports teams or leagues seeking a professional & clean look, to simplify communication, and/or to better publicize their team or league. They continue to have constant and continual updates to meet societies quickly changing & evolving technical demands and desires.

Cons

None. Southeast Portland Little League has been 100% satisfied with TeamSideline for the past 4 years, and we have absolutely zero intent to change to any other web service. Thanks to the helpful crew at Team Sideline, our SEPLL website is visually appealing, affordable, ad free, mobile equipped, safe, fast, and user friendly.

Jason

Game Changer

Support Next Level My problems where there problems and they just found solutions. Next level. These guys know what they are doing. I was able to setup entire registration platform, rosters, team sites and schedule an 8 week season in a couple hours. Excellent platform!!!

Pros

Game Scheduling & front end website integration. Ease of adding content fields and bulk team roster uploads. Playoff bracket tool quick efficient and easy to setup. Great tools.

Cons

Honestly anything I needed they had a solution or where able to help navigate the platform to driver on what we needed.

Reasons for choosing TeamSideline.com

Ease of use and game scheduling

Functionality and support

Mona

Great tool to manage youth sports leagues.

I spend less time on schedules and can spend more time on other aspects of youth sports.

Pros

SO easy to use. Scheduling tool is great. Alerts you to double booking field and/or coach. Easy to move entire weeks due to rain outs as well as moving a single game. Easy to upload contact files to send targeting emails.

Cons

Would love if it were easier to upload program participants if not using the registration feature in teamsideline. Our registration program does not talk to teamsideline so we must export/import contacts into teamsideline to use the roster feature.

Tami