All Minitab Reviews

Ganapathy

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Minitab 19 user review

I've used Minitab all the way from version 15 to 19 for in-depth statistical data analysis and I have yet to be disappointed.

PROS

An entire handbook of Statistics is built into its highly underrated Help menu

CONS

Nothing really! When will Minitab 20 be released?

Jessica

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

It simplifies and ensures correct statistical analyses on massive datasets.

Minitab worked efficiently to simplify the statistical analysis processes, especially when dealing with large amounts of data, and this was reflected in the smoothness of our procedures, as we can conduct various analyzes, ensure the progress of operations, and achieve sufficient understanding of the results in a faster time.

PROS

Minitab makes organizing data for various statistical operations extremely easy. Minitab brings together all the tools that we need to perform multiple statistical operations such as capacity analysis, regression analysis, and other complex operations in an organized manner, and Minitab makes preparing tables and graphs of the results very simple. It's great that Minitab, with its effective tools, enables us to automate statistical analysis processes, so that we don't find any complications in dealing with big data, and enables us to quickly extract accurate results.

CONS

Nothing to worry about, as Minitab has an intuitive interface that is easy to use, which is not available in competing programs. It is necessary to know the statistics before starting to use, also you should spend an appropriate amount of time to learn how the tools work properly.

P

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2016

Good Standalone

If you need a statistical software that stands alone from any other system. Minitab is viable option. But, if you need it to tie to other systems to be feed the data, don't go this route. You can import data manually and copy manually, but that is it. This works the same way on export. So in other words, it is like a fancy calculator that you have sitting on your desk. Over the years they have improved their navigation thru their menus, and added some functionality to it, but still lacks to other software packages. If you have two or more systems that you use regularly (e.g. Virtual machine and Desktop Workstation), your license only supports one system. If you need it on both, you have to purchase a separate license. Even Autodesk has figured this out to not be a very viable option for their customers. Be cautious about their training packages. You are not allowed to purchase a course, but only an allotted time for a course. So like most work environments, work can take priority over completing a course. So, if you do not complete it in time, you miss out. It was a good statistical software back in their early years, but never kept up with technology and demand of the customers. And, it still has its old ghost that never were worked out of the system. I don't suggest using this. Go with some other system that someone suggests highly, that meets the demands of this age, not an age gone past.

PD, thank you for sharing your perspective on Minitab. Per your comment about using multiple systems, please use Help > Licensing > Move to transfer a single active license between multiple computers, at no extra charge. Only a single license can be active at any given time per the single-user license agreement, and we also offer multi-user licenses if that better meets your needs. And you can fortunately integrate Minitab with other systems to automatically import data, then create charts, run stats, etc. For assistance, please contact Tech Support at 814-231-2682.

Replied April 2016

jeramie

Machinery, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

There is a big difference between Minitab and other spreadsheet programs

It's a big jump for most people to go from Excell style spreadsheets over to Minitab. Both programs are needed and I often uses them in conjunction with one another. They fill different roles. I usually manipulate my data in Excel, copy it into Minitab, perform stats analysis, then copy data and results back over to Excel. Minitab does things that you simply cannot do with other programs. It is a statistics powerhouse!

PROS

the built-in analysis tools. The fact that you don't need to be a stats wizard to be able to create powerful analysis. The way you could take data and put it in graphical form. the help screens and tutorial modules are very helpful.

CONS

it takes a little bit to learn how to use the different features. There is a lot here and you first need to learn how to drive this powerful machine. It is not Excel and doesn't have the same formula logic and cell manipulation features.

Kat

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The most versatile way to get your data to tell you the truth

Overall, I have always had very porsitive experience with Minitab. But prospective customers had better consider that I have spent quite long years by analysing data.

PROS

I'm really impressed with the power of minitab. I can do so much with it, from simple hypotesis testing to complex regression analysis. Meantime, I do love using box-plot to make powerful comparisions.

CONS

I find the interface to be a bit clunky and outdated. Because of this, the learning curve might be steep especially for non-technical beginners.

Abdessalam

Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Discovering the Excellence of Minitab

I have been steadily employing this software for the past two years for Civil/manufacturing research purposes, and I'm also guiding our students to leverage this tool to generate better outcomes. Predictive tool study and time series intelligence are the most useful capabilities for this program

PROS

The most remarkable platform for acquiring knowledge and examining gives you the capability to refine the configurations with amazingly exact diagrams and graphs. Examine the results or data with their optimal figures on this practical application.

CONS

This system might incorporate some further essential features to augment its suppleness and enhance the standard of the diagrams and graphs it produces for investigation applications, rendering it more alluring and brilliant for scientists and analytic engineers.

saisri

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

One of the best analytical tool

I enjoy doing data analysis using minitab which gives best graphical analysis

PROS

Ease of doing work, beginners can work and understand it well

CONS

Can improve dashboard and worksheet for better visualization and clarity

Zainab

Education Management, 1 employee

Really easy for Dissertation projects

Overall, Minitab has been perfect to use for my dissertation projects and excellent to use for editing figures and descriptive stats

PROS

Statistical analysis on minitab is extremely straightforward due to the full guide provided online. Learnt mosy of my stats from here and used it during the last 2 years of my university degree.

CONS

Minitab can have AI implemented into it, just to enhance the level of analysis which may be missed from data collection. However, absolutely excellent to use.

José Luis

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Minitab, the best tool for quality management

I used minitab to run time series plots, charts and control charts, as well as Pareto charts, fish bone charts. I really felt like a Black Belt using this tool, all the quality data was presented to the upper management using minitab.

PROS

I remember using this software at college, on my quality control and Quality management classes. 6 years before, I was working as a Quality chief on a roofing company and got the chance to purchase it for problem solving, advanced data analysis and charting tasks for Six Sigma. I loved it, I really liked how it can handle a large array of statistical analysis. I also liked the tutorials that came with the software, they were very easy to understand.

CONS

Nothing! I would recommend it without hesitation!

Yogendra

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Most useful tools for data analytics

It helps to produce various plots and graphs like control charts, histograms etc, and other analysis tools used in TQM (total quality management).

PROS

Most of the data analysis tools available in any of the software.It is widely used software in most of the organization which is validated and approved.

CONS

No free version of software available under GPL license.Plots and graphs are not attractive and user friendly.

Kimberly

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great product for analyzing design of experiments data and smaller datasets

PROS

I love the intuitive user-interface and how similar it is to Excel. It gets the job done.

CONS

Minitab is expensive. Also, it is not expandable and customizable. like R or SAS

Hannah

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Sufficient functions for most of my statistical analysis

Minitab is easy to use since its user interface is not complex. My overall experience on Minitab is good and will renew my license in the future.

PROS

1. Minitab provides most of the functions in my daily work. For example, Design of Experiments, gauge R&R, ANOVA, distributions fitting, hypothesis tests, regression, Power and Sample Size, and Assistant. 2. I like the Assistant function the most because it can help me choose a proper approach to analyze a data set. The results from the Assistant reports are also easy to be understood and clear. 3. After each analysis, Minitab output results by text and figures. This can help me to understand the physical significance of the results and to report/visualize the data/results to my manager.

CONS

Although Minitab outputs statistical results in plots and figures, the formats, fonts, and designs of the figures and the plots can be improved to be more aesthetic. Maybe Minitab's developing team can try to use more AI to improve the outputs of the plots and figures.

Paula

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I use this analysis software with my AP Statistics students and have used it for many years.

The program allows my students to work with very large data sets and allows me to assess their analyses very easily.

PROS

I liked the package because it was a professional use package (not just deigned for classroom use) and it was still easy enough for my students to use. There is a small learning curve to overcome, but my students adapt to the package very quickly. The iterations I have used started with version 12 and I am now using version 17. They product has become more streamlined over the years and more user friendly as well. The support I have received from Minitab has been excellent and utilizing the license server for my lab allows me to deploy the package to more computers. That is a real plus when one machine goes down and I need to use all my licenses.

CONS

Some of the graphical outputs are still not as good as MS Excel, but they have been improving over the years. I wish it could do a back-to-back stem plot, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2020

Analyse the data with Minitab easily.

It is actually a reliable statistical package I have ever used. I can remember how I learnt Minitab lessons eagerly during my undergraduate period and how I recalled them and analyzed thousands of my research data.

PROS

During the four years of my university life, among all the other statistical softwares Minitab is the easiest and versatile statistical package I have ever used. Specially it is very affordable package for academics and requires less disk space as well as can be easily installed. It provides a comprehensive set of statistical features including; Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Hypothesis tests, Design of Experiments, Graphical analysis, Descriptive statistics, Correlation and Regression and etc. to perform wide variety of statistical analysis easily rather than using statistiacal codes in SAS. When I am reading research papers I have experienced that many researchers use the latest version of Minitab to the analysis of their research data. Even for my undergraduate research I used Minitab for the analysis.

CONS

Actually I haven't experienced any kind of issue while I am performing Minitab yet.

uvindu

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2020

The Best statistical tool ever

I used Minitab for the analytical part of the research project. It has been very simple to use and has a range of tools and you can analyze your data, graph, and map with the Minitab easily.

PROS

For my last year, and also for my four years as a teacher, I used Minitab 19 for statistical analysis. Minitab 19 is one of the most strong DOE, Regression, Hypothesis, Graphical, Process Capacities, and System Analysis measurement applications. I saw no easy, productive program except Minitab. It must be accurate and optimistic for any type of data professionals and Minitab 19 is the resource that simplifies your work. You just need to provide the data in sheet form and pick the analytical type, provide control limits and limits, and in a couple of milliseconds, you can get more than you want.

CONS

Some concepts to perform regression and other analysis of the options make me confuse.

Efrain

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great Statistics Software

I've used several versions of Minitab for the past few years and I've noticed considerable improvement. It offers a wide variety of tools that allow you to work with data and build charts and graphs for data analytics.

PROS

Even if you don't have too much knowledge in statistics, you can get started using it very quickly. First time users won't have a hard navigating the program since its menus are well organized and clear and they allow you to find what you're looking for very quickly. It has a lot of data visualization features, like scattered plots, histograms and probability density functions.

CONS

Although it is easy for first time users, it will take you a lot of time to actually take advantage of every feature in Minitab. Also, even tho it is a great software, it is not as complete as other programs like JMP and SAS

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

An Effective Statistical Analysis Software

Overall, Minitab is a great statistical tool for complicated and big data analysis. The graphs and charts are visually appealing. There are a lot of analysis you can make and base your decisions on. It's a bit pricey but I think it's worth it for long time use.

PROS

The data visualization is beyond amazing. It is color-coded and in 3D. Regression analysis is included in the data analysis so it is easier to sort variables. There are a lot of statistical analysis available so this application is great for analyzing big and complicated data.

CONS

The price is a bit high and licensing is difficult. When purchased for corporate use, you need to connect to the company's VPN in order to use it. You can't use it offline.

Riley

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2019

A Powerful Tool

Overall, anyone who is employed performing statistical analysis on data sets should be familiar with Minitab. This is tool that holds the basis for all commonly applied statistical analysis techniques.

PROS

Minitab 19 is a major leap from previous versions. This tool has significantly improved the usability of more complex statistical analysis functions by improving the in-process teaching of correct application as well as background selection based off of data types. From simple to complex, Minitab is a powerful tool to gain accurate and rapid stochastic interpretation of your data.

CONS

Minitab is still stuck on this tabular Excel-type format. They need a UI overhaul of the data input screen vs the data analysis screen and should treat the two separately. The analysis tool is undersold in the current format.

Ece