• Pros

• "Fairly easy to set up, customer support is amazing, right there if you have a question, no waiting. Also, has the ability to do a wide variety of question types that the free versions do not have."

• "Feature rich service with most of the bells and whistles you hope for in a survey solution and intuitive ."

• "ease of use and support if needed. the requirement that my answer is 100 words is really annoying to be honest. "

• Cons

• "Designing custom themes and colors can be a bit challenging; however, some of the templates that have been created help."

• "Can be pricey as compared to the lower level solutions. Also, not as many off the shelf integrations."

• "there is nothing is dislike about the software and yet the requirement to make us use 100 characters "

Browse Key Survey Reviews

Bill from Association Insights / Significant Research

June 2015

A surprisingly comprehensive and affordable system with a small company feel

Key Survey is as easy to use as a free on-line system, but is packed with tons of power when you need it. The paradigm is easy to work with, and has intuitive aspects that make it fast to work with. This has been very important for those times when we are developing all day, because repetition is minimized - boosting our productivity. Tech support is right there. I felt like I needed some telephone support when we first started using the system, because I was convinced what we needed to do was unique and pioneering. Much of it was and still is, but I did not need telephone support, because the folks on Chat are very serious about getting to the root of solutions. They are so accessible, and committed, it feels like a very small company that is just focused on you. We really like that aspect. PROS: Very easy to use, very short learning curve for all basic needs, excellent tech support, big toolbox (mostly in the form of supplied Plug-Ins) for special question and response presentation, interaction, and management, HTML coding support, custom CSS support, query string variables can be passed to prepopulate fields, new plug-ins and tools are developed as needed by Key Survey, available bulk e-mail survey invitation system, good pre and post survey entry and exit options, easy to copy surveys and questions across the platform, fast to load and update. CONS: Preloading data from a local file can be tricky, if you are used to Constant Contact this will not feel like a full-blown e-mail contact system, some mobile templates do not accurately scale on all devices when using some plug-ins, the "plug-in" system is highly capable but could use a few more intuitive features, like the ability to review question and answer codes in a separate window while coding plug-in variables.

Saul from Hays Recruitment

Great value for the money

Pros

Value for the money (other comparable software cost a lot more), great support, does everything we want.

Cons

Poor layout/design management, many features can only be amended using CSS (i.e. some CSS knowledge required instead just having WYSIWYG), managing background data can be clunky (e.g. there is no easy way to update or delete data in bulk). Database can be very slow if you have a lot of records.

Travis from Nueterra Capital

Industry: Investment Management

The Best Survey Tool I've Ever Used

The functionality and flexibility of the system is by far the most valuable and attractive parts of the software.

Pros

The features and functionality are by far the best in class. No other tool out there compares to this one. It is bar none the best survey software tool available in the market.

Cons

The support is mainly online and my preference is for phone support. With that said, they will get on the phone with you but it sometimes can be like pulling teeth. Their online support is always responsive which is nice. I would prefer to talk with someone vs type to someone.

Mat from ITWC

Overall feature rich software compared to competitors

Pros

Features, specifically conditional/decision based survey. We've looked at many survey options, and there are many that are cheaper - however what you get that is unique to Key Survey is conditional surveys. Essentially, if they answered X to this questions, then show them this question, but if they answered Y, show them this other questions. This is a unique feature to KeySurvey.

Cons

The price for Keysurvey is higher than the competitors, however if you want the conditional/decision based survey, then Keysurvey is a must.

Response from KeySurvey

Replied June 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Mat! Its great to see that the application meets your functionality requirements. Im reaching out to your account manager to see if we can identify some areas where you can get even more value for your investment.

Susan from Harley-Davidson Dealer Systems

Love Key Survey!

I understand my customers' experiences better, and can work on internal training when needed.

Pros

Easy to navigate, easy to create new surveys and reports, and the help nd training offered are awesome.

Maria from Educational Housing Services

Best solution ever!

Better reports and experience for staff and clients.

Pros

Easy to use, even for staff that's not too IT driven. Love the reports and how much customization you can do. Not only we use it for surveys but we create forms (jobs applications, questionnaires, sweepstakes, etc). Love how it gives you all the tools you need to publish in our site. The best is the customer support online, we've been using KeySurvey for over 4yrs and I have never had to call, all questions were fully answered via chat.

Cons

While the tech support service is great, you can easily tell when they have a new staff member. For the most part they will be unable to help. When we see that problem we close the window and try again and always gets the needed help. But honestly this an extremely small inconvenience for the most part this system is amazing.

Tyler from Penfolds Roofing & Solar

Great for our use (customized, branded surveys).

Logic has been great on surveys, branding, and additional question types.

Dave from Bucher Emhart Glass

Industry: Machinery

very easy and great tool

good results and easy to use once you know how to configure

Pros

Simple and effective. It is very well laid out and attractive to the user. Many software tools end up looking like XL spread sheets, that is not the case here.

Cons

getting over the first time usage, then its fine. When you first start it is a little confusing but the online support is really great

Julien from TMG Support

Good product, flexible and intuitive

Pros

There are far more possibilities to customise actions and responses than with other products. It makes the software really versatile, and it's easy to integrate. The support is excellent.

Cons

There is still room for improvement, in particular around the layout options of the pre-defined layout. Very little customisation is available with regards to laying out the questions in a specific way. Using the non pre-defined layout is very fiddly, and so it can make life difficult. The software is still very expensive.

Brett from RPC, Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Our company has relied upon KeySurvey for years.

Consistent, reliable reports

Pros

Reliable Rarely unavailable Clear, intuitive site Always Improving Many, many reporting choices Live Chat for immediate support

Cons

There is no way to setup multiple daily reminders after a deadline is missed. I'd like to see the surveys combined with flowcharting, particularly escalation to the manager of the late survey.

Phil from City Square Associates

Satisfactory

Pros

Very rigorous logic and an easy editing interface. The launch feature also makes it easy to track completion and progress.

Cons

Not as many question-type options as other platforms (i.e., ranking drag and drop), and the designs can use some updating.

Michael from REZ-1

KeySurvey works well for my needs

Pros

It is easy to use. I'm a big fan of the show/hide feature. I also like the branching options. The reporting tool is great as well.

Cons

I've used other survey tools that have more bells and whistles and more layouts, but I've also never had a need for those.

BENJAMIN from H2R Market Research

on par with other systems in most areas

Pros

The platform is easy to use and doesn't take long to learn. Efficiency is key and the more intuitive a product is the more likely we are to use it.

Cons

It can take a bit of effort at times to figure out the best way to do things within the software. It has a lot of capabilities and if you aren't constantly pushing the boundaries of what you know you could miss some of what is offered.

Excellent survey platform

I love the KeySurvey platform. We use it for most all of our surveys - some internal and some external with our partners. I rated it 5 stars overall because it can pretty much do everything from a survey perspective. I rated the customer service 4 stars because sometimes it's hard to understand them and I prefer to reach them over the phone vs. online. Lastly, only 4 stars for ease of use because when updates and/or changes are made, it's not always easy to get use to the changes but those at least are not very frequent. Maybe once a year but still it takes a little time to get use to. Overall, I'm very happy with the product and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

May 2015

Sarah from Hachette Book Group

May 2015

Easy to use tool and great support

I've been using the KeySurvey software for years -- for everything from little two-question surveys going to small groups of people, to an incredibly secure and confidential survey going out to over 800 company employees with back-end demographic data preloaded. I find the web interface easy to use and intuitive. One of my favorite features is being able to copy an existing survey and tweak what I need for the current use. Flexibility with downloading and sharing results is excellent. On a few occasions I've been stumped trying to use an advanced feature, so I just click on the live chat support and someone walks me through what to do, nice and easy.

Jennifer from Talbots

Highly Recommend!

As a loyal customer for at least ten years, I've been extremely pleased with KeySurvey. Given most of the research studies I conduct are in-house, and high in frequency, this software has been instrumental in providing me with the tools to do my job effectively and efficiently. Very easy to use' from programming to reporting' and the customer service is excellent! Having the online 'live' support chat feature has been extremely helpful during those moments when a survey needs to be launched and a programming issue transpires. At a click of a button, the support team is there to help with any questions you may have at the moment.

Lori from Roth Staffing Companies

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Long time customer, best product for my needs

Ability to survey our coworkers and customers with ease of modifying the survey when needed

Pros

Ease of use, unlimited surveys. I am able to create the necessary scales and skip patterns to customize my surveys.

Cons

Limited in some of the graphing capabilities, but this is made up with the ease of exporting the data to excel and SPSS

Jessica from International SOS

Good software. fairly easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, the survey platform has definitely improved over the years since I started using it. Easy to change question types.

Cons

Altering the look and feel seems limited. I felt like I could only easily add a logo but there was not much I could alter throughout the survey.

Berje from Yacoubian market Research

August 2015

Extremely logical and user friendly.

It lets the user control all aspects of E-surveys. From composing of questions, making corrections, setting launch date parameters (which day and time to switch it on, when to shut it down) reviewing results instantLy with clear bar graphs and exporting data to SPSS or other software for more rigorous stats. Most importantly it is rightly priced. We have used Key Survey for more than a dozen projects and are extremely happy with it. Finally, when we have had questions and called for tech support or our assigned sales rep, they have helped us exceptionally well.

January 2016

George from Manitoba Lung Association

January 2016

My 2nd experience with WorldApp KeySurvey. Well done James Rucki, Jim Hatcher and your support staff

I used WorldApp KeySurvey in 2014 and 2015. There was a large learning curve for me however the customer service I received and technical support helped me along. I use the software in our schools with students. I continue to fine tune the survey questions because I believe WorldApp KeySurvey will work only as good as the questions. A significant challenge for our non profit organization being located in Canada is the US exchange rate at 40%. Please provide future quotes in Canadian Dollars. Thank you for your assistance.

July 2015

Ann from Financial Services Industry

July 2015

Customizable, well-supported solution

We have utilized WorldApp's Key Survey solution for nearly ten years. We have found Key Survey to be a powerful, comprehensive survey solution that supports many areas of our business. From client satisfaction surveys to workflow dashboards, Key Survey has it all. The online support staff is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help. Our customer service representative and account managers are highly attentive and always go above and beyond to support our needs. I highly recommend Key Survey and the WorldApp team!

debbie from ReRez

always positive

David from HighRoad Solution

High end survey solution with all the bells and whistles.

Peter from ONA LLC

April 2016

Best survey tool out there. Period.

Survey tool is absolutely the easiest to use from amongst several I have tried. And, loads of sophisticated functionality available if you need it. Response time is lightning fast, data is captured effectively and in a format I can easily use. And, the support staff is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. Can't say enough good things about KeySurvey.

Lara from Juice Inc.

Customer & Product Review

Key Survey is one of the easiest survey tools we have ever used - easy to both learn and navigate and easy for our customers to respond to. The best part is that their customer service is amazing. Response times, product knowledge and problem solving are excellent!

September 2015

Robert from TransAction Associates, Inc.

September 2015

I've been an avid customer of Key Survey since 2003. Great product. Very professional.

Key Survey is very easy to use. creating a survey can be done quickly without any programming knowledge.Great reports and ability to bring logic into the survey.Customer service has been exceptional. KeySurvey's staff continue to improve on this product.

Karin from Rocky Mountain Market Research

August 2015

Very helpful (and patient) support people.

When I need help with a programming issue the support people are patient and clear in their instructions. When I need something special, or something changed right away, my sales/customer service person, Jim Hatcher is exceptional.

Lacy from PA Consulting

I helped my client source a survey vendor and Key was the best fit.

Reliable recommendation.

Pros

An enterprise level system with logical & intuitive UI/UX. The sales team that I worked with was highly professional and quick to grasp the specific use cases I explained.

Cons

It's expensive! The # of template question types could be expanded although I do appreciate that there is a way to build your own type.

February 2015

Francine from EPCOS

February 2015

Best LIve Support & Customer Service

The online chat is Awesome! Extremely helpful!! I've been connected with several different live support people and all were very knowledgeable and VERY helpful!!! Great product! Easy to Use!

Ccile from MEDIASTAT

Industry: Market Research

Very user-friendly software for configuring responsive and attractive surveys.

Pros

Top software and responsive customer service always ready to find a solution to your problems. The software offers easy-to-set parameters.

Cons

Nothing, for the moment I have not seen a negative point to the use of this software. To see in the following months of use ;-)

Janet from Lion Associates

March 2015

Really simplifies creating a survey

The best thing about Key Survey is the customer service. They are always ready and willing (and patient) to help you with whatever you need. The sales support is also great.

February 2016

Hilda from Hamilton Lane

February 2016

Excellent product!

This gets used a lot for our business internal and external surveys. The customer service chat is top notch and very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend.

October 2015

Phil from PB&A Marketplace Intelligence

October 2015

We have used Key Survey for years. Great stuff.

We use Key Survey for all our online research. Works almost perfectly and when it doesn't the staff is fantastic at problem solving.

May 2014

Andy from KeyAvia

May 2014

Easy to set up, customize, analyze and manage - data collection and management

Surprised how good it actually is. and I liked it's support and sales teams - patiently and effectively they set up everything i needed.

April 2015

Eileen from GMR Marketing

April 2015

Jim Hatcher et al are GREAT!

Great product and service all around. Thanks!

Angelica from MFA

easy to use

Pros

you are able to make surveys and really find out what you need to improve in your business. nothing better than getting feed back from customers