Qualtrics CoreXM Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"The dashboard and reporting capability is powerful if you put in robust info. As well, it integrates with Salesforce CRM."
  • icon"Integrates well with web services. Great preview, including for mobile."
  • icon"The look and feel is good too. Once you learn how to use it, it’s easy to keep up."
  • icon"The inability to get a single response from the API. There is no way to manage your employee surveys from an administrative perspective."
  • icon"Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options."
  • icon"The Qualtrics survey platform also offers an offline application -- for an additional fee -- which is extremely weak."

Have you used Qualtrics CoreXM and would like to share your experience with others?

All Qualtrics CoreXM Reviews

Ho'omana Nathan

May 2022

Qualtrics is a super powerful, customizable data collection tool but may be overkill for some projec

Jason

I love experimenting with new ways I can use Qualtrics every day!

We have started to use Qualtrics and its API to capture data from users and then pass that data into our other systems. We have been developing so many ways to automate processes on our campus and Qualtrics is becoming the engine that drives the automation, but also the main interface for the end user. For example, we have been using for self enrollment for certain faculty development courses. A faculty member goes to a registration page, which is actually just a Qualtrics form, fills out a little data and then clicks the Registration button. The faculty member is then automatically enrolled in the selected course in Canvas. That's just one small use case that saves a bunch of admin time.

Pros

I literally use Qualtrics for everything but surveys. We use it as a form tool, quizzing engine, LMS course enrollment, and so much more. If you want to capture any type of data from a customer and literally do anything you want with it, you need to take a good look at Qualtrics.

Cons

One feature I wish was available in Qualtrics would be the ability to use 'Switch' statements in the survey tool. It's set up so that you have to use tons of 'If' statements to set embedded data (variables) to specific data.

Industry: Research

Easy Collection and Analysis of Survey Data

Qualtrics is amazing to use. However, it made my work somewhat challenging when I used it for a project. We discontinued its use because we were unable to customize it for our mobile devices. It is not very helpful when it comes to rural or offline data collection. I realized the web version of the software also uses cookies, which can make life difficult sometimes.

Pros

Qualtrics has an easy-to-use dashboard. It is relatively easier to find all your current projects or deployed surveys. The data analysis dashboard is also super-easy to use. Qualtrics is one of the few high-quality and efficient survey and data collections I have used. It is great for both qualitative and quantitative questions.

Cons

A major drawback to this amazing software is the difficulty in creating and managing more advanced or complex projects using Qualtrics. I find it more difficult in creating and editing questions and templates in Qualtrics compared to other survey designers and deployment platforms I have used in my work.

Susana

August 2022

Qualtrics Pros and Cons

Overall, I think its a great application. Capable of so much more and easier to use than other application. I recommend Qualtrics to everyone.

Pros

The tutorials and the community posts have been so helpful! If I am not sure how to do something, going to those pages helps. Definitely recommend reviewing the videos when starting to use Qualtrics. The reports (data and visual) are great and that you can manipulate which data to focus on helps narrow the data.

Cons

If you are used to a simpler survey software, it takes some time to get used to it as there is a lot of functions to use. The margins seem to annoy everyone especially if it causes the user to scroll over more. The images for the PowerPoint export are cropped oddly so if you try to enlarge it, it looks distorted.

Recommendation from a coworker

June 2022

State of the art for survey building

As I limit my experience with Qualtrics to building surveys, distributing them, and downloading the dataset to work on data processing and analyses using other tools, the platform does its job. I could certainly expand my use of the tool if reporting and data visualization features offered a better user experience and look and feel.

Pros

Qualtrics is the state of art when it comes to survey building platforms. It has one of the most user-friendly interfaces, it allows very complex logics, and offers questions types that you don't see in other tools. It is also super easy to upload my own lists and I often use their panel for outside sample recruitment.

Cons

I am not a big fan of Qualtrics' reporting and data visualization features. The look and feel is poor and the tool is not flexible enough - if the dashboard feature was available, it could be another story. Customer support is also poor: they are not timely and often times they do not resolve my issues.

Reasons for choosing Qualtrics CoreXM

It has the most user-friendly interface and it looks more 'professional'.

Katie

No better way to collect data

Qualtrics is an amazing software. It has really helped me when working with HR needs assessments or other data collecting activities.

Pros

Collecting and analyzing data with Qualtrics is easy. From setup, to design, to distribution, Qualtrics has your back. It is constantly giving you tips and tricks to make your research better. This only helps you in the long run.

Cons

Depending on what level of account you have, you can be limited in response options. Unlimited everything is the way to go if you're going to be utilizing the software often or have a lot of responses you intend to collect.

Reasons for switching to Qualtrics CoreXM

The free version of survey monkey limits you to ten questions. My surveys are more in-depth than, unfortunately.

April 2022

I highly recommend using Qualtrics as a marketing strategy tool

We will be able to convert our potential customers into customers who use our services and appreciate our marketing campaigns with the help of Qualtrics CoreXM, which can be used in any industry or situation. You can use this method for a variety of research projects since it makes it possible for any organization to gather and analyze information about how consumers perceive products and services to take targeted decisions based on that information.

Pros

It's a lot more user-friendly, flexible, and powerful than most other survey applications out there. In addition, the customer service representatives are always open to fresh suggestions and eager to help. Qualtrics surveys can be adjusted in several ways, from the form questions' structure and layout to the aesthetics. Customer and market research are two of its primary applications. Using Qualtrics email tool, an automatic Salesforce integration, social media posting, and Marketo emails, we distribute surveys to our customers and prospects. However, we also utilize it for internal purposes, such as surveys on the effectiveness of projects and departments, preferences of employees, and RSVPs for events.

Cons

I'm not sure how useful the new product lines are yet, but Qualtrics has been working hard to extend its product range. The Qualtrics insights summit is a great place to meet academics from all over the world. I simply wish they would place more attention on research and less on bringing in high-profile speakers. The help offered by Qualtrics may be better. It can be hard to find help in the community. To get assistance, I nearly always must use an online chat or email.

April 2022

Qualtrics is a strong tool for collecting and analyzing data

The platform is primarily used for market research, although other departments have recently started using it for vendor scorecards. We are currently developing a use case that will allow our stores to provide real-time input on operational opportunities. As a result, the time it takes to respond will be reduced.

Pros

Using Core XM, I can create surveys, distribute them, and view the results in a variety of ways. My target demographic will have no trouble using its user interface and templates because they are both very user-friendly.

Cons

After using Qualtrics, I can't think of many disadvantages. According to what I've read, the phrasing of questions can become challenging depending on the amount of your investigation. Using the tool for a research project, for example, necessitated extreme caution in selecting the questions we posed to ensure that they were relevant to our original idea. This is more of a warning than a problem in the tool itself, though.

June 2022

It's the best option for a survey platform

Best survey platform in spite of his questionable UI updates, but we'll stick with it forever.

Pros

Qualtrics is our go-to for any survey methodology. If qualtrics can't do it, another platform can't do it at all-- there is no other solution with as many features or functionality (e.g. Max Diff study template!)

Cons

Qualtrics updates it's user interface fairly frequently without warning-- this can be a bit disruptive. sometimes we more or less lose functionality when qualtrics makes the UI unintelligible. They need to do better when pushing updates.

Ruchi

Industry: Research

October 2022

Survey

Pros

Great tool for survey programming and market research.

Cons

Templates are a little rigid and data is difficult to manipulate

It's the best - but the future is concerning

Qualtrics is excellent all around, and has been the standard survey software among academic researchers for years for a reason. However, while the base platform is great, the organization is far from perfect. I had numerous issues deploying the offline app. After months of contacting support -- and getting zero explanation as to why my account, which was enabled for the offline app, could not access the app. After months of bothering them, they did something -- didn't tell me what -- and it worked. Their support team, while friendly, wasn't knowledgeable about their survey app and couldn't connect me with someone who was. Their best information regarding app crashes was that "the development team says it's buggy." Not super helpful considering the additional fee for the app. The timing of these experiences with support -- the same time that the Qualtrics company was sold, and immediately refocused toward the "customer experience" and CRM products they make -- has me concerned about the future of Qualtrics for academic research.

Pros

Building and deploying a basic survey in Qualtrics is very easy. Every step of the process, from writing questions to survey launch and distribution will be simple as long as you allow it to be. For advanced users, Qualtrics offers a number of methods for building in complex survey logic (such as skip patterns, display patterns, and survey flow mapping). Additionally, the built-in question types can be modified using JavaScript, allowing advanced users to ensure that the question "works" exactly as designed, without compromise. Sending the survey is exceedingly easy as long as you've got someone to send it to. Followups with those who haven't respond can be automated through their email system as well. Exporting data to a variety of formats upon survey completion is simple. As long as you've done everything right within Qualtrics, the quality of the data you export should be pretty high.

Cons

The data analysis options offered within Qualtrics are weak, as are the data cleaning options. This is a non-issue for smaller, or non-scientific surveys. However, for most of its existence Qualtrics has been licensed by universities worldwide specifically for use in scientific studies. Less experienced researchers may be misled by these lacking tools and produce inaccurate analyses based on them. The Qualtrics survey platform also offers an offline application -- for an additional fee -- which is extremely weak. It does not work with many functions that a survey used primarily online may include, such as the "request response" option. It's also prone to crashing for no clear reason. Users dealing with protected health information (i.e. those who need to be HIPAA compliant) should consider other options. While Qualtrics does consider themselves "self-assessed" to be HIPAA compliant, they do not enter business associate agreements with clients (so, they do not take liability for the protection of the data); other platforms, such as SurveyMonkey, offer full HIPAA compliance with a BAA.

Powerful Surveying Tool

Awesome. Qualtrics has provided reputability and security to our data collections.

Pros

The features that allow branching in surveying is powerful. This allows you to collect data from distinct groups of people all in one survey. The basic data reports generated by the software provide real time updates on progress and basic understanding of the data immediately. I appreciate all of the customization options in both the survey and report functions.

Cons

If you are just collecting emails addresses, t-shirt sizes, etc. you should use something simpler and quicker, like Google forms. It is just not fast and user-friendly for simple surveying. Also, it does not always give data outputs in excel, etc. in a super convenient way. You definitely have to do some data clean up. It takes awhile to learn all of the features, but once you learn them, Qualtrics is a powerful tool.

increased options and functionality

Dan

Industry: Fine Art

Useful Online Survey software perfect for Social Distancing

For my job I collect student equipment requests which can then be filled and placed into lockers for contactless pickups. Being able to have students fill in a survey online has been vital to my job during the pandemic. Doing the same thing through email would have been a nightmare and would not be as thorough.

Pros

The ability to customize the questions and their format is great. Tons of options multiple choice, blank fields, etc. Once the data is collected you again get to format it to your workflow. I export to Excel to use and add to the data being collected as I see fit. I can then easily share that with colleagues when needed.

Cons

There are some features that seemed hard to find to me. The name of some of the features are also not intuitive so looking them up is not easy, and could use some work to refine and make it better.

Natalia

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Qualtrics is great!

Pros

Qualtrics is very robust. It has so many functionalities that I cannot think or any data collection process that it could not meet my needs. I can always collect exactly what I want. I love creating surveys in Qualtrics. The customer support is the best I have seen. The help/resource page is extremely comprehensive and easy to follow. I have fun building survey in Qualtrics. I always say: "These Qualtrics people know what they are doing!"

Cons

Sometimes it takes too much html coding to achieve the perfect look you are trying to achieve - complex font and style formatting are a bit time consuming at times.

Salvatore

Incredibly Adaptable

I have utilized Qualtrics for a long list of purposes, and its features allow for a very diverse use basis. While Qualtrics shines as survey software, it can also be used for validation purposes as well a means to redirect customers or students based on need (dictates by questions they answer).

Pros

It it easy to begin building surveys, however, there are an incredible number of ways to customize Qualtrics for various purposes. In some cases, coding or branch logic may need to be set up, however, Qualtrics can be used as a validation tool, as a survey software, as a means to hold a virtual orientation through the inclusion of videos, or even as a means to link users to a meeting or other resource. The options are limitless.

Cons

It is easy to get started with Qualtrics, but it can be challenging to master. Setting up Branch Logic or Display Logic can be frustrating for some users, however, I do find that some of the visual organization tool help to allay some of these concerns. Fortunately, there is an incredibly large database of support materials. I have found customer support to be very communicative and helpful.

Deena

Formatting a survey on your own is easy even for more complicated tasks.

Pros

It's flexible. It has options for online and offline surveys. Importing questions from previous surveys is seamless, editing and reordering questions is simple. There are built-in features for a wide range of question and response situations. Qualtrics overs 24-hour support and tutorials for complex programming tasks to get you the design you need. The support staff are professional, friendly, fast and knowledgeable.

Cons

Ocassionally I've run into glitches and had to delete and re-enter questions to get rid of an issue. Editing (and re-editing) wouldn't fix the issue.

Crystal

Very intuitive, easy to customize and use, user friendly and best research tools

Pros

Features & Functionality (many options available, easy to select & use) Printed Report (customization) Initial Report (Dashboard look & feel) Easy DIY Customization (look & feel, survey flow, report) Best Customer Support Ever!! ^^

Cons

Signature & file upload (additional step require to download instead of usual downloading of raw data) Printed Report (unable to display all rows for text entry at times) Initial Report (not easy to customize, rooms for improvement as compare to Printed Report) Contact list (time consuming to upload data with other languages)

LORI

August 2016

Above and beyond

The Support group is amazing. No matter when I call they are kind an caring. You can hear the smiles in their voices and each one seems to really love their job. Yesterday and today Mark helped me with a particularly involved survey flow, and his suggestions and information led to the best outcome for us. And of course, the annual summits are unbelievable!

Pros

Easy to use. Engineers are open to changes and challenges, upgrades and upsets :)

Cons

The newer reporting system only allows one question per page, so reports can be very long, we sometimes have 300 questions~

Rebecca

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.