Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I can see this work really well when used inside businesses for 360 reviews or leadership surveys as the tool offers you to add e-mail recipients even including e-mail templates."
  • icon"Ease of use and good to work with and support were quick to respond when needed."
  • icon"Spark is an easy tool to use for surveying people and the support is on this tool is superb."
  • icon"I had a major problem with the way the functions were named."
  • icon"A couple of features from e.g. survey monkey missing when I used it."
  • icon"It's not the prettiest of the survey platforms that I use."

Have you used Spark Chart and would like to share your experience with others?

All Spark Chart Reviews

Spark Chart is a multi-faceted marketing tool

I can determine if a potential client or customer is a fit for my business, based on the answers received. Spar Chart is part of my digital process to qualify new customers or clients.

Pros

Spark Chart is an easy tool to learn how to use, but very powerful when it is used to uncover information and share information for your clients or potential clients or customers. It is an excellent tool for surveys and feedback, utilizing it's various templates. I like it because I can create marketing audits for my business.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like a about the software is that there were not a lot of templates when I initially starting using it over a year ago. I just created my own templates for my business.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your encouraging feedback James. We appreciate you taking the time. Let us know if you have some specific survey template requirements and we will build some and add them to our library.

Dylan

Very powerful survey tool. Fast, responsive service. Innovative approach

We have used Spark Chart for a variety of survey needs from gaining feedback from our customers about the services we have delivered (Spark Chart works like a dream for this) to running organisational climate surveys for our clients (very powerful and easy to set up the way we want). We have received very high response rates and our clients are very satisfied with the quality of the results. Spark chart is very flexible - every aspect of the survey is customisable from the written content seen by respondents to the ways in which they can access surveys (anonymously or named). And it is still easy to use. I have launched simple surveys in just a few minutes and more complex surveys in an hour or two. Spark Chart also generates high-quality, shareable reports that clearly present the data. It is also regularly updated with new innovations and features.

Pros

Spark chart is a very flexible survey system. Every aspect of the survey is customisable - from the written content seen by respondents to the ways in which they can access surveys (anonymously or named). And, even with all these features, it is still easy to use. I have launched simple surveys in just a few minutes and more complex surveys in an hour or two. The system does most of the work for you. Spark Chart also generates high-quality, shareable reports that clearly visualise the data. Spark Chart is regularly updated with new innovations and features.

Cons

All my experiences have been good and the data reporting is excellent. The one thing I am looking forward to is even more complex reporting features that are in development and will be released soon (so, not really a 'con'!).

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the great feedback Dylan. We appreciate it.

Jacob

Industry: Research

Excellent Survey Software

I use it to do surveys for my clients. But you can use it in any case where you want to ask a person or more people about their opinion. This software is excellent - and the support is far better that anything I ever have experienced. If there is silence - they are improving the product. Just do it - you wont regret.

Pros

The incredible nice layout both when it comes the backend where you "live" and the graphics you are supposed to present to your audience. Super. Close to my reference in nordic design / japaneese design. The easy way to share links - both to join / invitate / and see the results. And up til today - I havent found any important bugs. It actually works. Are you doing surveys in english speaking countries - then you have acces to a library of well thought out templates, wich covers alot of common situations.

Cons

There is some kind of a learning curve - as there are with any new tool. It has improved a lot from spring 2019, and I think it is really easy to wrap your head around now. I have other survey tools that I up until today simply dont use because I cant figure out where to start or where to end. They looks fancy but are hard to get to deliver.

Response from Spark Chart

Jacob, thanks for your very encouraging and positive feedback. We really appreciate your comments. We have some more new features coming in the next week or so. Thanks again.

Survey's with Power

I am very happy with the survey power Spark Chart gives me. Without these templates I wouldn't know where to find the best in class business surveys, much less how to put them together.

Pros

Sparkchart is the best in class survey software for power users. It lets you create very sophisticated surveys. Including Net Promoter Score Surveys Aggregate selected rating scale responses into a single chart Corporate Board Survey SWOT analysis survey and more... In addition they just completed a major UX remodel and the site is getting easier to use by the day.

Cons

The old UX was not great. But it is much better now!

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback and review. we really appreciate your support.

Alex

Great tool for surveys

Spark Chart is a must tool to have to be able to gather information from your customers, and in our case from our clients' customers. This information is key to be able to develop products and services perfectly aligned to solve their problems and satisfy their real needs.

Pros

I like that it is a complete system to create, send, and analyze surveys

Cons

Their UX is not as intuitive as we would like it to be, but we've been told they are working on it so we now improvements coming soon

Response from Spark Chart

Alex, thanks for your great feedback about Spark Chart providing a complete survey system. We hear you about making the UX easier. We recently released a lot of changes to the UX but we also are working on more, including a new onboardng process. Surveys are inherently complex, which creates challenges, particularly with all the powerful features we have added. But we are committed to making everything as easy as possible. In the meantime, we are continuing to work on new fetaures and also providing 24 x 7 support and advice. Thanks again.

Leonard

Industry: Public Safety

Powerful slicing & dicing

Pros

SparkChart is the best among the survey platforms I use when I want the ability to slice & dice the survey results - whether for my own analysis or to be purposeful about how I present results to others.

Cons

It's not the prettiest of the survey platforms that I use. It's not bad-looking, it's just not eye-catching. However, that's because SparkChart was made from the ground up to be a powerful survey platform first and then give eye-candy second. The very pretty platforms are eye-catching but don't offer the same degree of analytical power after collecting results.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Leonard. We appreciate it.

Kevin

Tried the Free Tools, Glad I Paid for Spark Chart

Very positive. The end user experience looks great and functions smoothly. The reports save us time on compiling stats and gives us insights. The learning curve isn't real steep but once the customs and design approach are understood it became a simple to use and powerful ally to our survey work.

Pros

Spark Chart's flexibility and features handles our diverse needs. We're a business strategy consulting firm so I need to survey clients workforces from time to time. We've also used it to set up a proprietary tool I designed to assess Fluidity within a company across the company, teams, or departments.

Cons

The learning curve is not as intuitive at first, but over the last couple of years the development team has managed to both add more feature and simplify the end user experience.

Reasons for choosing Spark Chart

The added power of a dedicated tool versus Constant Contact and the lower price has made it a keeper. Same with the paid version of Survey Monkey, Plus I like that we can brand the surveys are our own and our survey participants don't get sold a survey tool after completing their survey. As a result, we look a lot more classy and professional.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Kevin. We are continuing to work on more features and looking to make them as easy to use as possible.

Replied June 2019

Great for very specific use cases

Smooth, easy and a little boring.

Pros

What I love about this survey tool is that they offer a lot of things straight out of the box. Specifically starting a new survey is made so much easier with templates available in the system. The system is also quite easy to use. Although there's a tour option, the tool itself is pretty self explanatory. I can see this work really well when used inside businesses for 360 reviews or leadership surveys as the tool offers you to add e-mail recipients even including e-mail templates.

Cons

Although very user friendly , the surveys come across pretty dull. Surveys are already not something people are waiting to fill out so a bit more excitement would be very welcome. I also feel the survey templates could use a bit more explanation (why are certain questions where they are, what's the thinking behind it?) And when I choose any survey tool it has to offer the option to add images instead of words as answers. This encourages people to respond and engage. I have not found this to be available in this spark chart.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. It's great to get suggestions, particularly when they align with our plans for the future. We have new features in development for some of your suggestions. Thanks again. By the way, I would love to get on a call to discuss.

Replied September 2019

Great tool with great development trajectory

I am happy with SparkChart, as it helped me transition from paper to online in all my surveys. Would love it to conquer the likes of Menti...but this may not be the purpose of it.

Pros

I like the reliability and flexibility of the tool. I can do all my training survey work with it and it does so in a great way. Analysis of results is easy and straightforward. What really keeps me in the tool is the frequent improvement of the service. The people who run it listen to their users and have greatly improved the usability of the software. It's also stable as a rock. I love how I frequently get the message 'this is what is new since your last use' when I log in. Thanks guys for believing in your product and keeping it fresh!

Cons

Usability is still an issue for me. Some design decisions are just strange. why do I still have to look every time for the way to create a link to give my people? Why do I manually have to generate a link for the survey to hand out? Things have improved, but I still keep looking around for things more than I should.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it. Please reach out to our support team for some help. It sounds like we may be able to make some things easier for you with a bit of one on one guidance. We are also building a new onboarding process right now. So, your input would be very beneficial. We are available 24 x 7.

A real sleeper

Very good and easy to navigate I love the new logic features

Pros

This software is quickly becoming my go to form tool so many features . Updates and powerful features being added regularly keep them comming!

Cons

User interface is not a modern as I would like but ut very easy to navigate. I'm sure they will give it a. Facelift soon

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your encouraging feedback. We appreciate it.

Kyle

Simple and Powerful Survey/Market Research Tool @ a Great Price Point

My org relies heavily on the survey/market research tools & after vetting out dozens, the decision to go with Spark Chart was the best decision that we could've made.

Pros

Customer service is unbeatable Features that you'd expect are all there Features that you wouldn't expect in such a tool are also available that can take the capabilities to the next level. Then with the pricing as compared to some of the competitors, it's a no brainer.

Cons

Customization options (confirmed they're in queue w/ development). Some small areas are a little restricted on what can be changed but sounds like those options are in the pipe line.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the feedback Kyle. We are continuing to work hard on many new features.

Replied July 2019

GILBERTO

Industry: Research

Great professional App for Online Polling Proyects

My company provides Professional Public Opinion and political Surveys through polls of all types: face to face residence polls, call center polls and Facebook Polls. Lately with all the bots an d trolls attacking and answering many times Facebook polls, I was forced to eliminate them. Now with Spark Chart, besides the IP address, i have the GPS registering feature for every reply which allows me to audit the participants and protects me from people and machines voting many times. Before I would use the PRO Facebook Polls App with no fraud protection from trolls like Spark Chart offers.

Pros

Ease of Use, Flexibility, One on One 24/7 Customer Service, Double voting GPS checking, price.

Cons

The only issue I had was the lack of some features that are now already in the new developments timetable and others have already been implemented.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Gilberto. Much appreciated.

Thet Htut

Comprehensive Survey Toolset

Simply, it is a wonderful app to use to create surveys. The app itself is geared towards business and educational surveys. I cannot use it for simple cases. Sometimes, I need more attractive and clean surveys. Then SparkChart is not a good option.

Pros

The app is clearly the comprehensive powerhouse to create surveys. I can create many kinds of surveys and it serves its purposes well. I can invite participants and review on them after the survey. The most thing I like about this software is it has complete analysis and ready made feature-rich templates.

Cons

The app is hard to navigate around. I had to play some time around to get used to it. The survey templates are feature rich but not very attractive yet. Sparkchart needs better UI and easy navigation.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review Thet. When you have time we would love to discuss your feedback in our Help Center. It sounds like there are features you may not have seen in your Spark Chart account. I am sure we can help to make sure your surveys are really attractive. We can also discuss your specific feature needs and get your ideas for any improvements.

Alan

Spark Chart Success

Surveying our staff/students and community has never been so easy. This is providing us with documented evidence of requested information that is guiding important school decisions. The ability to create a user friendly survey is capturing a wider audience. Very happy with Spark Chart!

Pros

Ease of use - myself and other staff members with limited IT knowledge have used this software to create staff surveys to guide our schools Professional Learning Plan and many other areas. Functionality - Plenty state of the art features which allow you to create a user friendly survey and then at the click of a button, it will graph your results. Play Tour - Provides you with a quick overview of the program in a easy to understand process.

Cons

With such a plethora of options, knowing the best one to use to suit my targeted audience is my only dilemma.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the review and great feedback Alan. We appreciate you taking the time. If you need help with anything then let us know.We are available 24 x 7.

Ivan

Industry: Restaurants

Spark Chart packs a lot of power at a reasonable price

We signed up for a good deal and have emailed the team a few times about issues and questions. We also get a reliable response and from tech support. The listen and release new features often and that's important in the SAAS world. Continuing to innovate is imperative.

Pros

The ability to schedule and automate review requests.

Cons

There's some features and terminology that are not clear when interpreting the results on an individual and group basis. They've been making improvements.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review and feedback Ivan. We are continuing to work hard on new features. Feel free to contact us directly with specific features or requirements you need.

Sanjay