What are SurveyLegend users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SurveyLegend software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love how easy it is to set up my survey form and deploy it within a day. The free trial also gives unlimited questions which I appreciate."
  • icon"Beautiful user interface that lets you make beautiful surveys."
  • icon"So far I've tested out the features of the free edition which are better than most other - ability to add pictures, create as many questions as you like and add simple logic."
  • icon"The only downfall is that I can't read the full survey responses because they are too long and get cut off with. How do I see these full responses."
  • icon"For example, on the rating scale, the number can't be changed from 1-10 but instead is stuck at 0."
  • icon"It doesn't work well on all browsers and I found it runs badly on Internet Explorer."

Browse all SurveyLegend Reviews

• Have you used SurveyLegend and would like to share your experience with others?

Sara

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easier to use than bigger brands

Highly comparable to Survey Monkey, but better bang for the buck!

Pros

- Drag and drop function - The ability to add page break but stay within the same page

Cons

- Sometimes the drag function freezes while being moved up and down

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

Ease of use for me (the administrator) in creating the survey and easier navigation for the survey respondents.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Pricing and better user experience

Review of Survey Legend - RB Mind

We wanted to gain an insight into what aspects of our service are working well for clients and where we could make adjustments. We have been able to gain this to some extent.

Pros

The colour scheme, the user interface, the ability to capture qualitative data at no cost and the lack of restriction on number of questions you could create on the free version. One of our volunteers conducted some research on available free platforms and we asked them to make a reccomendation based on priorities including the need for analysis, no restriction on number of questions and the ability to capture qualitative answers. This was why we chose Survey Legend.

Cons

We couldn't test the survey before making it live and sending it to end users on the free version. Some users reported being unable to complete the survey (6 users completed the survey yet 12 started it without being able to finish and submit - can't yet see why). Users were not able to select '0' as their answer as this was seen as not providing an answer (this would have been picked up if we'd been able to test). Some of the questions and answers are not properly visible for some reason - unclear why.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Because we wanted to ask more than 10 questions, and capture qualitative data on a free platform.

Good start, some UI issues

Pros

From the POV of someone setting up the survey: Simple to use and set up Nice and friendly interface Has all the basic functions

Cons

From the respondent's POV Some UI issues - i.e. matrices with a swipe approach are not intuitive to many From the POV of someone setting up the survey: Answers are being skipped although mandatory Limited analysis function Limited question types

Mike

May 2022

SurveyLegend Review

brand new, just started a couple weeks ago

Pros

Great set of feature in free trial. Nice to try before you buy

Cons

Would be nice to be able to export text feedback without needed to complete this feedback, but understand rationale

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

better feature set in free trial

freed feedback limited to 40, we need at least 100 for our purposes

Nik

Industry: Photography

A legend Among Surveys

This has been a very valuable part of my market research and funding support. It's been relatively quick, easy and satisfying and I'd recommend this as a regular business tool to any of my colleagues (I already have.)

Pros

SurveyLegend - in my opinion- far excels in one of the most obvious but important ways: it helps the user build a really effective survey, and does so simply. And that's quite something given my experience of other survey builders. The richness of formats on offer presented in a neat drag-and-drop user interface was a joy to use, and within minutes I'd got myself the survey I'd wanted to build all along. Top marks. So - speed, ease of use, richness of content.

Cons

There's little missing. I just need to subscribe to get to some of the bits I really need. If my company wasn't a start-up I would subscribe to one of the reasonable packages in a hearbeat. One thing; the inability as a free user to see any of the survey answers until I reach a certain number of responses is very frustrating and - given that there are other limitations as a free user.. this could be waived maybe?

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

I found the options for creating the survey I wanted far richer and diverse, the UI was easier.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

SurveyLegend was far superior overall and initially allowed me to make the survey I needed, rather than the one SmartSurvey allowed.

Emin Çetin

Practical and easy to use

In general, I liked it and benefitting from it.

Pros

It is very practical and user friendly. Also, cost effective comparing with similar options.

Cons

Question types are limited and available questions are not customizable as well. For example, I want to insert a prioritization question, but I cannot do it with available tools. I have to compromise with my survey and ask such questions in different ways. Also designing sperate questions is also not available. For example, I have several likert-type questions but I have only a carousel-type of a design for all of them. I cannot see all the subquestions together in a table. Finally, I couldn't upload all or a part of my questions at once. I had to write them again.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey Monkey's free option is extremely limited and pro version is too expensive.

Mary

June 2022

Very efficient, easy to use and cost effective

Brilliant and better than a lot of others

Pros

The survey builder is very easy to use. The interface as a whole is user friendly. You can put together a survey in no time and the fact that there is a free plan with most of the features is great compared to other software. The real time analytics that include break downs and charts are incredibly helpful and time efficient for analysing results

Cons

The questions where you use a comment box in the surveys. When looking at the analytics, it shows only part of the comments for some if the answer is long

price

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

It was too expensive and most of the features were disabled on the free plan

Dominic

July 2022

Quick, easy to use, excellent for students!

Pros

That a lot of the features were free to set up a survey, easy to navigate and develop surveys with, easy to track and share the survey once developed, users seem to find it easy and were able to quickly answer the survey for my research.

Cons

While I appreciate you are a business, it seems unfair that you cannot extract the data you collected from the survey unless paying. If you had to pay for the survey, or limited the number of responses you could receive, this wouldn't be an issue. However, I only realised I wouldn't be able to look at individualised responses until I had already collected the data.

Justin

Extremely Pleased!

Pros

I needed to do a quick survey. I was very easy to use and deploy. I got great feedback from the people I used it with.

Cons

The pricing. I wish it was more affordable as I don't do surveys regularly.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

I wanted to try an different option.

Shiloh

Thanks SurveyLegend

Incredibly easy! Honestly I was surprised how clean and user friendly the lay out was.

Pros

I found it really easy to use once I had played around and figured out what I was doing. I liked that the free version gives me many more options than similar products. Not overly complicated for the recipient too, also love that I can edit after the links been shared, handy to get those missed grammar errors.

Cons

As some one thats new to the software it would be nice to have full access for the first survey and after that use the options could be more limited until paying a membership. Its hard to know the full scope of what I'm paying for before I sign up

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey Monkey wouldn't let me do anything to trial the products. When I tried to publish it wouldn't let me as it said I had used paid features but given me no indication of that at the time of writing meaning I had to go back and edit every question. Before signing up to a service I also want to see how the responses are displayed to me from participants, there were prompts to pay constantly when I had even veiwed the entire product yet

June 2022

New to surveys and happy to find SurveyLegend!

Super impressed so far.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive right from the start. For someone just starting out with surveys like me, this is crucial!

Cons

So far the software has impressed me and made me excited to engage further. No complaints yet!

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Multilingual survey creation is extremely tedious

Marta

Industry: Biotechnology

Really Good

It was good and easy to use. I received all the answers in real time and was overall very useful

Pros

I loved how many question options they give and how easy ir is to use and view all the analytics live

Cons

There was one person who tried to answer the survey and noticed the questions were poorly written. When they sent me the sceenshots of the questions they were different from what I had written and what others were viewing. It only happened once so it was propably a problem of the person's phone.

Amazing Survey Builder

Convenient

Pros

It's so easy to use. The themes and options make the survey colourful and interactive

Cons

Nothing so far. The themes and options make the survey colourful and interactive

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

More features that suit my brand

Olivia

I'm working on a school project on how students treat their e-waste

Pros

There are several features that I really enjoyed while using it. Firstly, the designs all look really nice. There are many different themes to choose from and all of them look wonderful. I can also set a front page to introduce myself and my work before people start doing the survey. It has made my survey look classy and appealing for others to do. Secondly, it's very easy and simple to create and use. Just drag your favourite style of question into the survey and you can simply edit with ease. There are also quite a lot of question types to choose, so it gives my survey more variety and fun to complete. Thirdly, it allows me to have unlimited questions. I really like this feature as it offers me an opportunity to develop my questions in depth and provides me a convenient platform to create something more academic to support my school project. Overall, it's a great experience to use this and I'm satisfied with the quality of my work.

Cons

There are some features that I would like them to be included in the free version. Firstly, I think that the function of branching out is quite a common type of question and it would be great if I can use it. I have several questions that require this function, yet I was not able to use it for free so I had to change my plan. From this, I also hope that there is a function of labelling the questions in numbers so even if I couldn't use branching out, I can still ask my respondents to skip it themselves. Secondly, I hope that the results can be shown in an excel file, yet this feature is again only available in the pro version. I'm still a student and I don't have much money to afford this so if this feature is provided for me it would have been so much more efficient and convenient for me to analyse the data.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Olivia, Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed review, helping us and others really understand the value with SurveyLegend :) Glad the quality of work was good and that you got a lot out of SurveyLegend, we are honored we could help. All of your cons refer to features not being in the free plan and you being a student, but that's why we have a special price for student and educators see here: https://www.surveylegend.com/pricing-education/ We can't have a 100% free solution, if we did we would not be able to exist. That's why we take paid for professional features like the ones you mentioned. I hope my response makes things more clear and that the discounted price makes life easier for you and other students :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Replied September 2018

Margherita

Industry: Textiles

Great tool to get great feedbacks

I used it to gather feedback on reports that we send out to the organization on a weekly basis to understand how to better serve the users of this information. I had a very good experience since the software was very quick and easy to use and set up and offered a wide range of question options.

Pros

I liked that it's really easy and quick to set up a survey and there are so many different types of questions you can ask. Especially the opportunity to add pictures makes it really relevant for any kind of application. Also the way that the results are visualized is great and helpful also during presentation of the results.

Cons

For the usage that I made of it, I would have preferred that the surveys that were not completed would not have shown in the results. And my second improvement point would be the visualization of the "rating sentences" is not as great as the others. It would be best if it was more visual. And another great addition could be to show the results live and have the opportunity to use the software during presentations.

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

Because it offered all the types of questions that I needed, especially the possibility of adding pictures.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Because I could do less things and had less opportunities.

Jack

Industry: Public Policy

A Great Alternative

SurveyLegend seems like a great resource for my work committee to use for surveying our membership. Based on my experience running a test survey so far, I'll likely recommend the platform for the cost savings it offers over its competitors.

Pros

First of all, this product is a great, cheaper alternative to more expensive platforms out there. The drag-and-drop features are great, and the site layout makes it very easy to create and review surveys. The steps to design and publish are very easy as well.

Cons

For some reason, extra clicks are required to enter text while designing the survey. The free version (of course) lacks many features, but one of them seems to include reviewing any survey responses longer than a sentence or so. Many of the backgrounds and font choices are a bit amateur-ish as well, but it may just be an issue with the free version, again.

Cost!

Cost!

Tanjin

Easiest to use and cheapest on the market for its value.

I have only used it for one survey but I check the responses daily and the emails that let me know when responses have reached 5/10/etc. are also very helpful. Overall, it’s my favourite survey tool to use so far.

Pros

I really like all the data tools that are given to us and that there is an option to export and share the data in various formats. All the information on the individual responses are very helpful. The survey itself is also very customisable so you can personalise as much or as less as you’d like!

Cons

The only suggestion I would have is that it could provide with an estimated time taken or average time taken to the users before they take it. Or give the survey creator the option to show those times.

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

It was the cheapest option while still being highly customisable.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Tanjin, Big thanks for your great review, we are really honored to have amazing members like you :) We do our best to offer an easy to use yet powerful solution with a competitive price. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Faiza

What an Incredible Software!

My overall experience with me and my team had been great. We were all able to log in and work in real time and see the improvements. The whole interface is very sleek and the survey came looking out very beautiful.

Pros

So I have been using the free trial daily and it was by far the best survey software I've used ever! It is so easy to navigate and create surveys. It is also very easily accessible for the participants to access the survey. I like that I can take the link and embed it into my social medias making it easy to market the software.

Cons

Everything is great! If I had to pick anything to improve it would be to have a little bit more freedom to design the survey aesthetics ourselves. For scientific surveys it would be great if there was an option for people who did not consent so it can take them out of the survey.

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

Well it had a better free trial. I needed to get my survey across different people as it is super important for me and the community. With SurveyLegend, I can deploy unlimited amount of surveys and I really appreciated that aspect of it!

Zuhairah

Collect feedback from customer and internal usage

Pros

I have use SurveyLegend both for collection opinion from customer, returning customer and as an feedback collector for our internal staff. It offer many ways to distribute the survey, as an example, it can be shared directly to the email contact list, or to the public using the social media account.

Cons

SurveyLegend is lacks of option for third-party, or outside software integration. We are processing all of our marketing data thru Jira, and if they can integrate their service with Jira, it will definitely improving our workflow as we don't have to export the data manually.

Débora

Industry: Environmental Services

A big help for my thesis

I found it really easy to use and very complete with a lot of options. Will be using it in the future

Pros

I have tried lots of platforms for surveys but none of them wore good enough for my study, so I did a google search for the best survey platforms and SurveyLegend was in one of the top spots! It was free so I tried it. BEST. DECISION. EVER. I LOVE how aesthetic it is, the diversity of options for every tip of question, and specialy the way it analysis the results. I can really see myself using this software for future studies!

Cons

What I found kind of bad about the software was the fact that, in order to see the results from your survey you need to pay. Maybe have another way to get the results without paying or let the costumers know they will have to pay before they apply the survey, because for a student like me its not easy to have extra money for this kinds of stuff.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Debora, Thanks for the great review, we love you back :) The free solution has data limitations and one of them is not being able to export the raw data. This we state on our pricing pages and our feature page, you must have missed them. Please see www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and www.surveylegend.com/features/. We try to offer as much as we can for free like unlimited data collection, unlimited questions can be added... But some data view is only provided in the paid plan, to get the full data access you need a Pro plan or higher. We need to have paid features to exist and hope that the monthly fee is something you can afford, let me help you some more by providing a discount www.surveylegend.com/pricing-discount/ Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Replied August 2019

Clare

Industry: Publishing

Great interface but useful features only available with upgrades

I use the system to send out voting forms for my magazine's awards ceremony and track the results.

Pros

The design and user-friendliness of creating the survey is great - very simple to understand and easy to put together.

Cons

Some of the functionalities which could have been free, such as a thank you page and adding links into the survey, are only available with upgrades. Also I would have appreciated an integrated email/message send system within the platform so that I could email out the survey and then send reminders to those who haven't answered automatically, rather than having to keep track of respondents manually.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

SurveyMonkey was getting very expensive. I can have most of the functionality of that system with SurveyLegend at a lower price point.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Clare, Thanks for the review, we do our best to offer as much as we can for free but we are not Google :) meaning we don't sell ads or track your data to provide better ads. We sell our software and do our best to provide live support and amazing ease of use, and in the end, we hope that our members that need the premium features consider paying as the world still requires money for us to live and to be able to offer our services. The same way as you and others need to bill for your services at some point we also must do so. Thanks for being a member of SurveyLegend, we are honored to have you as members bee it free or paid. But please don't forget we have costs :) Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Replied January 2020

Useful for Collecting Feedback!

Overall, my experience with SurveyLegend has been pretty positive. I think that it serves its role and is a good alternative to services such as SurveyMonkey, which are pricier and just not an option for many individuals. I like the creative control that is given to the users on SurveyLegend, as I am able to change around colors and logos to make the surveys more personalized. I would reccomend to others to check it out if they're looking for something like this!

Pros

SurveyLegend has been really great for collecting feedback! Where it be for collecting feedback from students, teachers, or colleagues, we have been able to get general ideas of how well our projects have been doing throughout the schools. This allows us to see how other people feel about the things that have been implemented and when we know that something has not been received well, we are able to take the criticism to create improvements.

Cons

What I like the least about SurveyLegend is that there is a limitation placed with only ten questions that are able to be asked. As a result, we are not able to go past the ten questions limit without having to pay for a subscription. As someone who works in a school and can't get a subscription that's very expensive, I am required to create multiple surveys so that I am under the limitations. This can be very inconvenient at times and I hope that the ten-question limit is increased.

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

SurveyMonkey was too expensive.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi, secret reviewer :) Thanks for the great review but I must say we are surprised that you only could add 10 questions, this is not a limit we have, with us you can add unlimited amounts of questions. I suspect you must have missed something during the creation. See what can be used with a free plan here www.surveylegend.com/features/ Next time please chat with our support team, they will help. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Replied August 2019

Ray

Best survey software I've ever used

Easy to use, great customer service, and helped me achieve my small business goals!

Pros

I am a user experience designer and small business owner. I love how SurveyLegend combines ease of use with beautiful aesthetics. This is a survey I actually enjoyed creating and wanted to put in front of my customers. I needed a survey that customers could rank their favorite products (with photos) and SurveyLegend was exactly what I was looking for. Not to mention, their customer service team rocks! Every question I fielded was answered by their gurus. I will definitely be using their service again. Thank you SureyLegend for building an incredible product.

Cons

I only send about 1 survey every 3 months so an option to pay based on number of surveys sent in a year (or maybe a survey package) instead of a subscription would be helpful for my small business.

Reasons for choosing SurveyLegend

Mobile friendly, ranking products with photos (two features that were a MUST) and SurveyLegend hit a home run with these

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Survey monkey did not have an option to rank favorite products (with photos), the analytics were harder to distill, and it was hard to do the survey on mobile

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Ray, WOW! Your review made us all smile here at SurveyLegend. Glad to hear you found our solution easy to use and helpful, nice that you use the picture ranked question type, it's really an engaging question type and makes surveys, forms and polls look much more modern and fun. Ray, we do have monthly plans, and you can downgrade whenever you're done, even during month one. Go to this page www.surveylegend.com/pricing/ and above the plans you have two buttons, one is yearly and one is monthly, click on the monthly button to get the monthly prices. Thanks once again for the great review we are honored to have amazing members like yourself. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Noreen

December 2021

A great tool for market reserach

So far, I cannot complain. It is excellent.

Pros

This an excellent, intuitive tool with a lot of advanced features available.

Cons

The matrix function could be made to be a bit easier to make every step of it as required.

better tools and functionality

Reasons for switching to SurveyLegend

Surveymonkey was getting restrictive in its features.

KELSEY

Time used: Free Trial

I am loving the fun functionality of this!

Pros

It is very intuitive offering drag and drop style design features. This product has such vibrant personality, I felt it could help in addressing the dry survey overload many folks experience that doesn't encourage deep engagement in the topic. While being funky and colorful, Survey Legend still offers professional evaluation options, making it a holistic survey platform~!

Cons

Hmmmm... There really isn't anything that I don't like so far. I would have loved to have access right away to a free trial of full functionality to truly understand the platform's value right away. I think that would be strategic -- to offer 1 initial survey attempt at full capability and then require payment (or offer the option to submit reviews for extra time). Without this option it's difficult to get the whole picture perspective.

Response from SurveyLegend

Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the great review, I hope others see your review :) We are glad you like our approach to survey, form and poll creation. We put a lot of time and energy on making sure our solution stays easy to use yet powerful and never ever becomes boring hehe. We prefer offering a forever free account and if paid features are needed we offer 3 paid plans that you can choose. We have a lot of members enjoying the forever free plan and we don't plan on changing it :) But thanks for your feedback. Best regards, Team SurveyLegend

Replied July 2018