(4,179)

4,179

(1,932)

1,932

• Pros

• "Easy to setup and customize. Nothing flashy here, but also not expensive. You know what you are paying for. This can help you get results quickly."

• "Super simple and easy to use Very user friendly"

• "This software is so easy and very well worth your time and the experience is awesome! You'll love it!"

• Cons

• "Worked well with Constant and Contact and NEON CRM but we did not find it as adaptable/integrateable with MS Access. "

• "It can be difficult at the beginning to handle all the raw data, once you get a hang of it you will find how useful is all the information. "

• "I do wish that Survey Monkey had more free options for its templates. The paid option does give you more features, but i find the free options are very effective. "

Browse SurveyMonkey Reviews

Aaron from Freedom 55 Financial

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

Pros

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch. There are many features that make this software exceptional. Particularly, the design and interface, which is not only customizable, but also professional looking and minimalistic. I think it certainly makes a lasting impression to an audience when your surveys look the part. It also makes data acquisition seamless for both surveyor and respondent. However, the true power of Survey Monkey is in it's data analysis. Especially when you've collected answers from hundreds and even thousands of respondents. This is where it stands out from the rest. It compiles all of the acquired information seamlessly into a single database. From there, you have an arsenal of tools to analyze the data: pie charts, bar graphs, and scatter plots. You can drill down your variables further to get a deeper understanding of what your market is looking for. And finally reveal statistically relevant correlations between features of your product/service your target market. Truly powerful stuff.

Cons

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.

Orlando from Mercado Libre

An excellent tool for creating surveys

Thanks to SurveyMonkey, our company can obtain important information about what our valued customers think. We can know what they like and what they don't. In addition, many times our administration department conducts a survey to send it to the other workers of the company to know their opinion about our work and if we are doing things well as administrators. It is a fabulous tool.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is an extraordinary tool to create surveys that serve a lot for marketing strategies and when making decisions in the company. I like it to be free to create basic surveys. In addition, it is very easy to use, it is not necessary to be an expert to be able to prepare a survey and share it with the people you want. I can easily move the questions up and down. I can preview the survey before submitting it. You can add the company logo and add a background image.

Cons

The SurveyMonkey price is a bit high. I know they offer many useful tools, but if the cost were a little lower it would be excellent. Technical support is limited, there is no live chat option, for that reason if I have any questions I have to wait several hours to receive an answer.

Govinda from AIESEC

Review for Survey Monkey

I am very happy with it as it serves the purpose of my job role. I am looking for a basic tool to collect information and analyse which it does. However, you get what you pay for. As its cheaper, it offers less options.

Pros

The fact that it is user-friendly and can be accessed by anyone wherever they are. It can also be easily dispatched and filled out without any problems. Offers simplicity and security.

Cons

It doesnt offer a lot of functionalities and options. Compared to other platforms, it is simple and for basic use. For complex analysis and depiction, its not the right tool.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

Because it was cheaper and had all the basic functions we needed. If we ever want to use something more powerful, we would eventually shift to qualtrics but we dont see the need of it now. Best for students though!

Rob from eSoftware

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than you imagined. I think this app can help many personal needs as students, pupils and some kind of personal surveys. Also, the app is very cool and powerful for big business surveys which can save you a lot money, find what people think about your product, help people to register for the event and many more things to do. I pretty recommend it for everyone who wants to power his or her business and personal needs.

Pros

I think this is a cool software because of: 1. It is very easy to use web application. 2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes. 3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to edit it a bit, but with automatic creation, it will save you much time creating the design of different questions. 4. Your questions can be very variable - you can use text boxes, multiple choices, insert images, you can use register forms, radio buttons and many more things which will help you express your idea. 5. You can implement logic in your questions which for me is very cool because you can skip or show some questions based on the answers of people. 6. Another powerful tool is that you can get a link to your survey and send it through e-mail, facebook or other social media, you can even embed it to your website - no need to print the survey and go and give it to everyone. 7. When you got the answers, the info is all there and the app visualizes it to you with such cool charts. Even though you can edit the charts and if you do not like them you can choose what is best for your needs or understanding. 8. And finally, there is a responsive design which in nowadays I think is very important because your survey will get to your clients in the best way.

Cons

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

Sara from SJCC

You get what you pay for, or in this case what you don't.

For a free service, it certainly gets the job done! The hardest part is condensing what you'd like to ask in only 10 questions. If you're looking for something that will let you dig a little deeper, you might need to try another service or pay for the premium version.

Pros

Plain and simple, Survey Monkey does what is says it will help you do; create a short survey that can easily be shared with others. Each question can be customized to gather the data you're looking for. You are able to easily select what type of question you would like (i.e., multiple choice, open ended) and then add on things like having the user explain why they chose that answer. A feature that I especially like is that you can select whether you would like the question to be mandatory or not. This way, you can make sure you're getting the most information from each user that views the survey. I also really like that Survey Monkey will e-mail notifications to let you know that people are taking your survey and then summarize the information so that you can keep track of how many people are providing you with information.

Cons

At the end of the day Survey Monkey is a business that wants to make money. While they offer a free service, they try at every turning point (or page click) to get your money. They suggest features to make your survey better and ultimately, most of it is click bate in order for you to look at their "premium" options. It is relatively annoying and does take up some time when you get to the end of building your survey only to realize they aren't going to let you use a well liked feature. So, you get what you pay for, if you're not paying, you're not getting anything spectacular.

Shajae from GraceKennedy Money Services

SurveyMonkey for the win

SurveyMonkey allows me to gather data international to improve the all over quality of my company's products and services.

Pros

SurveyMonkey allows you to send links through email, WhatsApp groups and other forms of messengers to individuals to collect data. I use SurveyMonkey to gather information about my company but the only difference is that I call individuals then enter the data myself. It's pretty easy to use and to create surveys. In addition, the data can be exported to SPSS. If persons do the survey by themselves you can see an average how long each person takes to complete each questions. Also once completed all the data is sent and saved to you the creator.

Cons

The problem most persons have is formulating the survey questions properly. If the survey questions and options are not structured properly you can not blame the software. "It's what you put in you reap". Just spend the appropriate time to sort each questions according to get the expected result.

Ioana from TourRadar

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reputable and gets the job done

I am using Survey Monkey as a survey platform for user research, as well as a sign-up form. Gets the job done, has most things you need and the analysis features are pretty good.

Pros

Built-in visualisations are good. Has most features you need for an affordable price. I like the prediction system that tells you the likely completion rate and the fact it suggests improvements.

Cons

On the yearly plan I am on, you can't customise the confirmation page. I only realised that after I bought it. I wouldn't mind if there was a logo or a discrete message but the full page is about Survey Monkey and it makes us look a little unprofessional. I would expect this to be more discrete for a yearly plan payer, even if I am on the lower plan The surveys are a little hard to make them look good, they still feel a little old compared to newer survey software. The visual design settings are a little hard to work and find myself often wasting a lot of time when I try and change them, but of you always stick to the same, it's fine.

Price, analysis features.

Yves from Edgenda

Amazing little tool and still the best

We had to have a way to easly deploy and collect data for training satisfaction and chances of transfer. Survey monkey allows us to do just that very easily.

Pros

Survey Monkey is easy to use, to setup and to manage. I use it very frequently to send post training survey and report to my higher ups and it is amazing. You have loads of option for branching and question types.

Cons

The only con I would have to say is that the free version is very limited since you cannot export a report. They have to make money somehow so I get it but still a limited but functional reporting capability would be nice.

Brooks from Engenius

Powerful and accessible surveying tool

We use SurveyMonkey for internal surveys, client surveys, research, and more. It helps us easily craft surveys, collect data, and analyze that data. We can also collaborate on surveys and send custom reports across our team.

Pros

My favorite thing about SurveyMonkey is that the free version is incredible powerful, and probably all that most individuals and small businesses need. It's easy to use, has a really nicely designed interface, and features a handful of different ways to collect responses in order to maximize your reach. Survey Monkey also has templates to help, as well as tools to help you craft great questions. Once you put your survey together, they will score it to tell you how effective they predict it to be.

Cons

There's truly not much to dislike. I've used both the free and paid plans in the past I will say the free version lacks some functionality and support but that's expected. I've never used a better tool, so it's hard to say what's lacking. It's really a great software.

Sarah from Interel US

SurveyMonkey - For All of Your Survey Needs

We are able to gather lots of information from our business partners about their specific companies and what they do through a uniform survey that gives us all the responses, from a variety of people, in the same format, making it easier for us to collate information.

Pros

SurveyMonkey makes it easy to send out everything from a simple questionnaire to a complex, multi-page, logic filled response form. You can also customize the survey with your logo, colors, fonts, etc. before easily sending out the short URL or emailing directly from SurveyMonkey. Additionally, review of the results is simple, in that you can see all of the responses as a summary, or you can review individual responses.

Cons

The only negative I see, is that it is difficult (or impossible) for a user/survey taker to edit their responses once they've submitted them.

Kristen from Self

Industry: Writing and Editing

It's free, and the known and rusted name helps you get better results.

Businesses and non-profits need feedback, and SurveyMonkey is a free, easy, and efficient way of getting that feedback, and putting it into an analyzable form you can use. Having the ability to track your data and responses, chart them, even download your results, is invaluable for those who use member / customer / client feedback. In a non-profit for example, sending an email to people who didn't renew their membership to ask why they didn't renew was able to give us valuable information. We learned that some of the reminder mailings were not reaching the right people. By making some adjustments and making sure we always had correct contact information on file, we were able to drastically increase membership retention numbers.

Pros

It's free. That is the main appeal to me when I ran a small business, and also when I was involved with non-profit organizations that don't have a budget for professional surveys. Survey Monkey has been around for over a decade (maybe even over fifteen years?) and it is a well-known name in many industry circles, certainly in the non-profits I worked with. People are much more willing to click on links to website names they recognize. SurveyMonkey is familiar and easy to remember, with a reliable track record. SurveyMonkey is easy to use. In business and non-profit, the less time you have to spend training people, the better. The familiarity of SurveyMonkey means that plenty of people are already familiar with it. And even if they've never used it before, it's intuitive even for first-time users. And finally, if you really are stuck, or you want to go beyond the basics, their help files and tutorials are beautifully arranged. As someone who is no stranger to website help files, this is significant. The layout allows you to find the category of help you need, and the tabs are so clear and simply arranged. You can glance quickly down their list of help topics and tutorials. This is a real time-saver, and other websites could learn from the clean design. Very impressive and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to complain about free software. With all free software, there are limitations you don't get in the paid versions, which is to be expected, and I have no complaints about that.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

It was free, and there was no risk to try it. It was also a well-known name.

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

The temples first and foremost

Edward from E*TRADE

Professional Survey Creator

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors, Survey Monkey allows us to have the first question of a survey ask if the respondent is a supervisor. If the respondent answers no, that they aren't a supervisor, we can immediately have them directed to a thank you page that explains how we appreciate them taking the time for the survey but that at this time we are only seeking responses from current supervisors. It has been a feature that has helped increase survey response accuracy and save the time of those people who are responding because if they aren't the audience we are looking to survey, we immediately filter them out with the first question so they aren't wasting their time responding and so that we aren't wasting time sorting responses that aren't valid four our purposes.

Pros

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey, you do so with the intention of getting as many responses to the survey as possible. In order for people to participate in surveys - especially electronic surveys, they must trust the source. I have found that many people are concerned when responding to electronic surveys that their answers or personal information will be shared. With the Survey Monkey branding - especially for people that are not familiar with Survey Monkey, it could decrease the likelihood of people trusting the source and responding. I think that all versions of Survey Monkey - even the free account - should have the option to remove the branding. However, I especially think that the paid accounts should have the option to remove the branding.

Eva from Safe states Alliance

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

Mary from Central Atlantic Legal Group, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Useful, but awkward

Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

Pros

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents dont have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate. The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped. The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

Cons

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an x for any that are not options for you at all.) A preset scheduling survey option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help set meeting dates, times and locations for professionals with divergent schedules. It could be much easier to repeat a question in setup so the next question will have the same setup, answer options, an phrasing as the prior. This option would allow quicker & more consistent survey question setup. I find the current version awkward for sending the survey to specific recipients, moreso than in prior versions. It can be done successfully without too much trouble, but the screens and fields and directives were unclear and not as user-friendly.

Heidi from Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce

The type of survey that's painless to make and painless to take!

10/10- would recommend. I have always been satisfied with the ease of creating a survey, and SM often gives recommendations to make your survey even better. It's easy to send out the survey via. hyperlinks to the URL, but they have several options if you're willing to pay for them. Also, the overall design of the software is easy to navigate and user-friendly. I have never had any issues with this program. It takes you through the whole process relatively pain-free: from creation to distribution to analysis to presentation. Very happy with my experiences with SurveyMonkey.

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. Not only are things easy to customize, but their templates are helpful as well. There are often times when Survey Monkey suggests questions that I hadn't thought to ask! One thing I particularly appreciate is how Survey Monkey (SM) provides the types of statistics that help inform the quality of your survey. If you have asked too many open ended questions, or made the survey too long, SM will tell you the likelihood that your survey will be completed by a user. It also tells you how long a survey will take to complete, making it easier to adjust the quality of your questions. Not to mention you can customize the themes and images appearing on your survey to make it look like you specially designed the survey from your website. I am a satisfied user of this software.

Cons

Only a few complaints. - The "delete" or "undo" buttons can be confusing to find in various components of the survey creation. There are other useful tools that can be hard to find in your survey because of the vast amount of options available on the site. - I wish there was a way to select multiple questions and duplicate them. You can only duplicate one question at a time, and that can be painstakingly slow if you have sections and subsections with similar questions. - I am sure if you upgraded that this isn't a problem, but with the version we use, you can only have 2 people use SM at a time. In my company, we have 4 staff that use SM for their work. We have to keep logging off and getting approval to log on. Maybe that's on us though for not paying more... - Creating the survey is easy. Analyzing the survey gets complicated. It isn't as intuitive to navigate. You have to take some time to play around with the settings in order for the information to display in a way that fits your preferences.

Samridh from TSI Incorporated

Great for Basic Survey Needs and Easy Setup

I have used Qualtrics and Survey Monkey both and I think depending on the needs, SurveyMonkey may be a better fit in many survey projects.

Pros

SurveyMonkey platform has been out there for a while and it is one of the most widely used online survey platform for majority of users. I have used it many times during project evaluation, class evaluations and also certain fun events at the company gathering. It has all the basic tools one needs for the survey such as setting up variety of questions (Logical: true/false or yes/nop, ratings: 1 to 10, satisfaction or interest: not at all to highly). One can get lot of options during the setup as well for determining what kind of response is appropriate. One question response could be not interested to highly interested while other could be very easy to very difficult. Once the setup is done collection of results is done by SurveyMonkey automatically and stored for analyzing. SurveyMonkey provides a lot of tools for performing analysis on the data whether it be through graphical methods or percentage methods or other statistical methods. I enjoy these varieties as different questions needs different analysis when presenting to the larger crowd. Visual information gets people more in tuned and its easy to pass on lot of information in a short period of time.

Cons

SurveyMonkey has some limitation on the design tools that are available during the setup process. I think it could use a revamp and make the surveys more attractive. Due to limitations it may not be a perfect fit for some of the highly complex surveys. There is some learning curve to make the best use of the online tool to get what you need. Most people want to use the free edition of the tool but then you loose access to major features which is not available unless one upgrades. Otherwise I do not see much negative side of this platform considering it can be used for free in majority of the cases.

P Christopher from Liberty University

A Free and Easy Survey Manager

Survey Monkey is an easy-to-use system which has provided a means by which we are able to better understand how we have succeeded with different customers and where we need to improve. While there is a fee to receive all the benefits with Survey Monkey, it has certainly been worth it.

Pros

The nice thing about survey monkey is that it gives you an easy way to get opinions on various topics through a simple form. Furthermore, rather than having to create the form by hand, Survey Monkey does all the work. Choose your question type, input the question, and *boom*: you've got your first form up and running. Since Survey Monkey is based on links, it also protects any user from inputting data twice to skew your results. It is not full-proof (the system uses IP addresses so a computer can only be used once. If you use another device, however, you could potentially reuse the link), but is certainly better than nothing. Lastly, the way it displays the data for the person who created the form is easy to read and simple to comprehend. This makes it a breeze to manipulate your data and use it for whatever you need to use it for.

Cons

While there is a basic plan, Survey Monkey does have paid options. This means the basic plan is severely limited in options. You have a limited number of surveys, questions, and even responses. Customer support is even limited based on whether you pay money or not. While every program needs money to pay for their different employees, the price is certainly steep. Furthermore, as far as responses go, it would be nice to group responses based on participant. Say you created a survey in which you were asking your employees to rank different staff benefits. If one person was unhappy with the company in general and gave 1 star to everything, it would group the responses for each question. You as the form creator would not be able to look at the results and be able to firmly say that it was only 1 person who was unhappy with everything instead of a few people unhappy with certain things. If you could group responses by the person responding as well, that would make everything a lot easier.

Laura from Alberta Bottle Depot Association

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Easiest and quickest survey tool out there

We have been using this tool for many years now and it's the go-to when we are considering gathering any kind of data for a variety of purposes. It has yet to disappoint, but we hope that there is ongoing feature introductions.

Pros

It's incredibly quick and easy to set up an account and a survey. There are common questions that can be easily applied to your survey, along with the ability to customize questions, and a fairly comprehensive bank of question types that are super useful. It's easy to apply themes and logos to make it look professional, as well as the ability to customize things like the thank you page, although some of these features are only available on paid accounts. The analysis tools have gotten even better recently with a very easy way to set up a dashboard to publicly present results. There's control over users on paid accounts to share certain surveys and levels of access within those surveys, which is very helpful for us.

Cons

The biggest issue encountered so far is that there is no option to automate things to send a submission to the person who filled out a form. This has to be done manually. For this reason, we use both SurveyMonkey and Wufoo; if SurveyMonkey had this option, it would be a one-stop shop. Some of the logic ability is a bit limited. The free plans are very limited, but it's nice to still have that option when very simple surveys are all that's required for a small team. Paid plans are fairly pricey if you're not using it very often, and non-profit pricing only applies to registered charities.

Sharon from Idyllwild Arts

Survey Monkey - Easy to use

Survey Monkey has helped our organization gather information about customer satisfaction, our programs, our teachers and our services and be able to display that feedback in an effective way. Before we used survey monkey, we used to give out paper surveys at the end of each of our workshops. During the summer we run 125 programs for around 1500 individuals. Gathering and analyzing that information from the paper was a big task and although we gave out the survey we never had time to aggregate the results. With Survey Monkey that is all done for you. Now we can actually use the feedback we are receiving from stdudents and parents to make positive changes that returning customers can see. In the past three years, returning campers and parents have definately noticed that their opinions and feedback is being heard and postivie changes have been made.

Pros

Survey Monkey is very easy to use and is great for sending out surveys to a large audience. Survey Monkey software formulated the feedback you receive back from customers in easy to read charts and tables. One of the features I really like about the software is that you can send different emails (or campaigns) from the same survey to compare different groups responses while still being able to look at the results overall. I used this feature this fall to send the same survey to four different groups. This allowed me to compare the satisfaction of each week of our programs as well as the satisfaction overall.

Cons

I had a hard time at first figuring out the different setups for each of the questions. It would be helpful if there was a definition next to the different settings. However, after a little trial and error I figured out what everything did.

Gina from Pharmaceutical

Best way to conduct a survey!

Our pta uses survey monkey before fundraising to determine what kind of participation we can expect (candy sales, fall gala, school fair??) and then ask for input after the money has been raised. Every two years we have an entirely new student body and membership. Every few months, we ask for input and love using survey monkey because its just so easy to use!

Pros

I love that I can create a survey, send it out to hundreds if not thousands of recipients, and react to the results.

Cons

I find some of the infrastructure limiting. Id like two or three part questions sometimes but Im not always able to set up if/then scenarios.

It came highly recommended

moses from self employed

SurveyMonkey enabled us to supercharge our market research without heavy monetary investment

Pros

We found it so easy to set up any type of survey based on what data we wanted. Competing services do no come close to the survey type options that SurveyMonkey offers for all manner of uses ranging from inter departmental data to customer research. We didn't even have to read through the documentation before using the services that SurveyMonkey offers, a towering testament to the intuitiveness inherent in the service. The templates are really helpful for a new term members who don't know how to craft a professional and complete survey. We mostly start with the provided templates and slightly modify them depending on our needs. Every team member gives the user experience an A+; there's little or nothing to complain about with the user experience

Cons

the very attractive advantage plan is quite expensive for small to medium businesses. It would be nicer if this package was slightly more affordable since it has very important features that the marketing department cant really do without. There isn't a live chat option that we could use. This means employees from differing time zones can't easily get helped

Venugopal from Max Life Insurance Company Limited

A superb application that allows you to create your own surveys

Pros

It is an ultimate cloud-based software which helps you to create your own surveys with the help of question format templates. Its basic version is free, so you can try it for free. It is very easy to create a survey with a variety of question types. It is very intuitive and user-friendly i.e. can be operated with a short learning curve. It has great reporting capabilities and in addition, its time complexity is also very low. The combination of data and results are also very good. It allows you to customize your questions. Its uploading and shareability are quite remarkable. It helps you to know whatever they want, through surveys which is also very helpful.

Cons

Lets talk about some negative aspects of SurveyMonkey. Sometimes it hides some important information while doing surveys and other times snags are being caught that resulted in the improper implementation of surveys. It is also having the problem of creating duplicate entries. You cannot change font type, cannot export data in free version, doesnt allow collaborations, limited survey responses, inability to include video or graphics into the survey, etc. are some of the other problems of this application. Although, its time complexity is good but does not work well with more complex surveys and complicated skip patterns. However, you must have to learn to know how to analyze the results on the more advanced level. And lastly, if you want to use it to the fullest, you must pay higher for it.

Tiffany from Salt Lake County

Surveys Anyone Can Set Up!

SurveyMonkey is something I use every single day and my experience has been very positive. It has made data collection easy for my company. Another feature I find extremely useful is the ability to export your data to Excel. This allows for even more data manipulation and analytics.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is extremely easy to use. I have set up several different kinds of surveys. I like that everything is so user friendly. There are multiple options for setting up each question and SurveyMonkey does most of the power lifting for you. As the person writing the survey, it's your job to write the questions and then inputting it into SurveyMonkey is a breeze. Drop down menus and real time feedback allows you to see your survey's design as you build it. Your questions can range from simple multiple choice questions to likert scale questions to free response. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

In the free version of this you are limited in the number of responses you can collect. It only allows you to collect 100 which works for some but if you have larger data collection needs you will need to purchase more features from Survey Monkey.

Amy from Education Management

SurveyMonkey experience

I really love SurveyMonkey and recommend it to anyone I know doing a survey. I've used it for my social media accounts to help direct what I'm doing as a blogger and it's been a great experience.

Pros

I really love how easy it is to use SurveyMonkey and set up a survey. I like the new features where it is intuitive to what sort of question fits best and can anticipate yes/no questions. Being able to share the survey with a link or on social media is a breeze. But my favorite part is the security. I notice a lot of people use Google Forms for surveys and while that's fine, it is never really anonymous. I can feel secure showing that using SurveyMonkey means that the responses are truly anonymous.

Cons

I've had some questions that took some creative thinking to set up, as they had more than one possible answer. Creating conditional questions can be tricky.

Aubree from Protective Insurance

Love the free access to create easy anonymous surveys

Survey Monkey allows us to create quick and easy surveys to collect anonymous responses to determine how we are doing within our department. We use these surveys to get a better idea of how others portray us within the company and get an idea of what others would like to see us do different next time. This platform makes this possible.

Pros

I love that Survey Monkey allows you to donate to charities just by taking surveys. This is huge for this company that encourages others to use this survey platform to create surveys as well as it encourages others to take the surveys to help contribute to charities at no cost to them. Survey Monkey gives you free access to create surveys and send them for others to take in a limited amount. They also offer plans for bigger organizations that plan to get back more responses than allowed with the free account.

Cons

I dislike that you are limited to the format you can create surveys in. The formatted templates are nice when you want to create a very simple basic survey but it lacks the ability to really create a unique survey based on your needs.

Ashley from Southwood Realty

Love Survey Money!

Survey Monkey is very user friendly. I like that I am able to create my own surveys and easily track the data for my company.

Pros

Survey Monkey is very easy to set up. You can use the pre-generated questions or you have the option to create it yourself. This software helps your business get the information it needs. You have the ability to use as a questioner or for feedback.

Joshua from Quad

Industry: Printing

One of the Most Effective Survey Tools Out There!

My personal experience with SurveyMonkey has been fantastic. SurveyMonkey offers a lot of very unique features and efficiencies for creating great looking surveys. Furthermore, my favorite feature definitely has to be the great data tracking measures that the service provides. One can export results into a variety of formats and also use some of their own visualization tools. Overall, the platform is relatively easy to use, share, and collaborate in order to find the details one needs.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is one of the survey tools that I have access to at my work. I absolutely love the help tools the platform offers for those with questions pertaining to how to make the best survey. That is one of the greatest pros about SurveyMonkey - the user-friendly nature of the platform. Furthermore, the reporting on surveys is extremely well-done. SurveyMonkey offers several reporting functions for best visualizing the data stemming from the surveys. I have really appreciated the visual nature of the platform and think it mixes perfectly between a social and work collaboration tool.

Cons

There are a couple things that I wish SurveyMonkey was better at as a service. First, involves the logic and conditional formatting. SurveyMonkey is a bit more work (compared to other larger competitors) when setting up conditional functions. It is often more taxing and time consuming to create these types of surveys. Furthermore, SurveyMonkey is definitely a more expensive option for survey tools. SurveyMonkey includes lots of add-on's for premium content. The service can become quite expensive if looking to have access to the entire suite.

I didn't expect it's so easy to know who your clients are

Client increased sales 3x times!

Pros

We were working on some business logic enhancements for our client who is an online shop. As we run out of free version capabilities really quick, we ended up on Advantage yearly subscription. While our client was excited about ability to perform segmentation of his clients, client also wanted to share some of survey results with his end users in real-time. Part of client end-users were excited to feel influencing on online shop design and assortment, so, I believe, we also earned an additional points of our end users loyalty. The client itself is really successful, they increase sales something like 3x over pas year, and the role of surveys in that is undoubted.

Cons

Sometimes there's lack of options to provide enough options to create flexible enough survey. In particular we were unable to fin an easy option to switch users to another flow of survey based on segment they qualify based on first 3 questions. Survey results are not ordered by time that participants took it.

Overall, best way to send surverys

It is what I would recommend and use for any survey-taking! The compilation of results is very handy, and it is so free-form that it is very easy to put exactly what you want on a survey, whether you want a scaled answer, percentages of the population's votes on multiple-choice questions, or text boxes for detailed responses.

Pros

This is extremely easy to use, with an aesthetic layout and easy coordination. My school has used multiple formats for surveys, and this is always the one that is recommended by students to faculty for the next surveys. There are multiple ways of giving feedback, and this one has much more freeform text boxes for detailed feedback, as well as very computer-friendly usability. We have had issues with software before that glitches when too many students join it at once or have too many categorical requirements that make feedback redundant to give (with this, it just depends on who creates it and doesn't make them have something in all categories like some software do). Lastly, it is very accessible to use! The link just needs to be sent to students (which is just a matter of emailing pre-set groups), doesn't require creation of individual students accounts, and ensures anonymity

Cons

This is something quite rare, but I have no cons for this software! Again, we have used multiple mediums for giving and receiving feedback, and this one is by far the best. This may not be an actual "con" in my opinion, but I can see some people not liking how this is a link that must be sent through other formats (facebook, email, text, etc.). However, for my school, it is a "pro" that there are so many ways to access the survey, rather than software that requires an account for a more rigidly-set access point.

Janine from Island Windjammers

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

No mess, no fuss Survey tool

We are able to maintain a high standard meeting and exceeding guest expectations because we use this tool as a tool for quality control. We are constantly monitoring whether our guests receive the experience that they are promised when they first become a customer.

Pros

I rated customer support although I've never spoken to them and never had a need to. I didn't want to give them a low or average rating, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt with a 4-star :) Truly, this is software that you can set up with little to no management on a regular basis. When you are ready, you can pull the data you've collected and do some fancy filtering when your team needs further insight into one aspect of your data collection. It's a no brainer to add this to your business process.

Cons

For the most part, I don't have any! Plus they have a monkey in their logo... who doesn't love that? If I must say one thing, then I'm unable to send out a general survey link while at the same time automating the collection of responses into separate categories.

Ravinder from Unitedlex

SurveyMonkey - A tool to take feedback and then turn them into actions

In our business, we generally used free version to create simple questionnaire to collect feedback on trainings, projects and various organization policies. Given that surveys are kept anonymous, so we get huge response which served our purpose. So, even free verison is worth it and ease to use in organizations to turn feedback into actions.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is an online data platform that allows organizations/individuals to take surveys on a topic and then extracts insights from the survey results. SurveyMonkey is super-easy to sign up and use even if you are a newcomer. Friendly and intuitive user interface. SurveyMonkey has some inbuilt questionnaire and templates on some of the topics which you can leverage easily. SurveyMonkey allows you to build your own customized questionnaire forms, so that you easily reach to a lot of people and seek their opinion. SurveyMonkey is available on both web and mobile platform and recipient is not required to sign in in order to fill a survey. Further, SurveyMonkey provides you insights upto some level even on the free version.

Cons

The free version has very limited options, so you can choose paid plan as per your need. Difficult to create complex surveys, but you hardly need to create complex surveys. The survey analyze tool can improved further to provide more detailed insights. The softwares seems to support only a few languages.

Jill from J Tronique Productions LLC

Survery Monkey is VERY useful for so many things!

It's something that people from 9 to 90 can use!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BEST PART ABOUT SURVEY MONKEY is the QR code generator! Please do not ever do away with it!

Pros

Survey Monkey makes data collecting for all the firms I have worked for, very accessable, fun, and insightful! We love that administrators have the ability to look up and aggregate the metrics. When we used Survey Monkey for BIG ORANGE PRODUCTIONS, we were able to answer important information about product demos, customer comments about food, taste, allergy concerns, etc. It was a very portable service, one that was easily recognizable and customizable. Speficically, with BIG ORANGE PRODUCTIONS (marketing company from RI,) a large portion of their data collecting relies on Survey Monkey as a backbone.

Cons

A few times if I hit a blank field (some key that I know not what it was), I was sent back to the beginning, and all the information that I input was lost. It would be great if SurveyMonkey has "save draft" options.

We use these to see promoters within the company

Survey Monkey has been great to see how the staff is, it's just cumbersome to get back to a new submission right after the previous customer has completed theirs and you have another customer that needs to take the survey directly afterward.

Pros

I love that I get a detailed report sent to me every Monday! We use this at work to see how our customer interactions are and what we can do better. We put them on iPads for all the Sales Reps to use. This has been vital to growing as individuals and as a staff.

Cons

I like a lot of it (the parts that I use), but sometimes you have to refresh a TON to get to a new submission page. On the last page where it says it's been successfully submitted, it would be great to have a button that was "new submission" rather than having to go out of the browser (we use Safari) and going back in.

Arpan from Allscripts

One of the best cloud based software as a service online survey creation tools!

The tool can an asset to any business because the feedback received from the audience can be used to make improvements in the existing business model, ultimately helping a business in gaining satisfaction among customers.

Pros

- Simple and easy to use interface. - Able to quickly generate and sending out a form which can be used to get feedback from people around the world. - Little to no training is required even for a beginner with creating and sending out surveys. - Ability to extract and share actionable insights on the fly and take corrective actions. - The surveys are highly customized according to one's needs. For instance: a company's logo can be added.

Cons

- The cost of Team Advantage and Team Premier plans can be high for small and medium businesses. - The free plan is of little to no use for any business as it comes with major limitations: A survey with only a maximum of 10 questions can be created and only maximum of 100 responses can be viewed per survey.

Laura from Illinois ASBO

Super easy survey tool!

Overall it is an easy way to gain feedback and it is easy to use! I like the different pricing options as well.

Pros

My association pays for Survey Monkey which means that we can do special themes and branding - which look amazing!! The product is so easy to use and there are a number of question templates that make it easy to get the kind of results that you are looking for. Then, just export it all into an easily readable report! We previously were using a survey tool that required us to completely re-format the report that took hours of staff time. Now with just one click we have results that are easy to read, share and store.

Cons

Once you determine how to export the survey to meet your needs it is simple, but it does require some effort to ensure that you are selecting the correct reporting options. Also, if you need to add an attachment to the final page of your survey, you have to make sure that you click off of the link before hitting next or else it does not save the attachment. We have sent out a few surveys without the necessary attachment before figuring out this rule.

Miguel from Kantar Worldpanel

Industry: Market Research

Very satisfied with the results obtained from its simple and easy use

This software is a tool that I have used and I would recommend it with confidence to my colleagues. Several types of questions can be made but what I like the most is the ease of delivering the survey and the immediacy with which we have the data already processed and graphed.

Pros

Its free version is very convenient or with a small investments of money, a very versatile tool is available for surveying. The response tabulations are made immediately and it is easy to send the interviews to the respondents. The questions can be reordered in a simple way, after the questionnaire has been elaborated, facilitating the restructuring and design of the survey. It does not occupy space on my hard drive, which makes it available anytime, anywhere. The program tabulates and graphs the results, as it is answered (real time), which contributes to saving time in this activity. The software highlights the highest values in each item, which contributes to the rapid interpretation of the results. It indicates through the use of the highlighter who has answered the survey, which facilitates locating the missing persons by filling it out.

Cons

When questions are asked with multiple answers and require clarification in the order of the response, there may be a problem. Also when questions related to knowledge are asked and you want to discriminate the first mention (Top of mind) of the rest of the mentions. There may also be problems with open questions, their quantity and how to analyze them

Evita from Curlyvita

Survey Monkey: The King of Survey Communication

My overall experience with Survey Monkey currently is for my professional/personal business as an author and blogger. I have been able to work with survey monkey, asking questions, compiling data and using statistics of what I have learned from my customers. I have all of the data in one place and don't have to look in 3 and 4 different places to gather information that will help me with my business.

Pros

I've been using Survey Monkey for most of my professional work life which is more than 10 years. Now I use Survey Monkey for personal use for my author and blog business. I like that the business plan for survey monkey users per month price is cheaper than the personal use plan. I like that survey monkey gives you a limited amount of number of contacts that you can upload of people to receive your emails. You can place these surveys in various categories and create or bring up various fields needed to measure data. I use Survey Monkey to send emails to those contacts who want have been to my book events and I ask them questions about what they thought about my story time events. What was I missing or how they could be better next time or what they should include.

Cons

I like least that the personal plan costs a lot more than the business plan to upgrade. Also at a previous employer I had at least 40,000 emails to send out to our alumni. The survey monkey plan that we had only allotted us to send 20,000 a day at that time. I had to divide my time up to not send all of the emails in one day but to send them in small batches over a course of three days. I think it would be cool for Survey Monkey to include more templates pertaining to creating newsletter functions or flashy flyers and brochures. It could be a one-stop shop with other email appends combined. Perhaps they can all interface with one another.

Shaun from Teranet

So much more than just a follow-up survey tool.

Surveymonkey has helped me prepare reports (there is that dashboard feature again!) that I can share with executives while showcasing insights professionally and not spending hours exporting files and building graphs and visualizations in Excel. We use it for feedback and larger needs assessments and it has made a big difference in time saved v spent.

Pros

I like the drag and drop features and the large chunk of functionality like logic, analysis, and of course my favourite being the new dashboards with data visualization. The surveys are easy to share and dynamic and you can brand it to look very professional without much work. The fact that the link stays the same even if you update a survey helps tremendously without having to go make changes in multiple places, especially if the link is posted on an intranet or live with employees already.

Cons

There could be some work on ease of use of the log feature and definitely the spacing/alignment of text and images in the branding and headings. Maybe a visual representation of how the logic works on your survey could help tighten that up tremendously.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

Ease of use and cost was definitely a factor. Surveymonkey is really approachable comparative to some of the other solutions, especially for users that don't use it very often.

As the name states, this is an easy survey builder but it can be used for a lot more.

It really couldn't be much faster or easier to build a simple form when ever you need one with SurveyMonkey. As long as you don't need to collect something like files or payment from the end user, you can and probably should use SurveyMonkey to build your forms. It's a big time saver when you can copy older but similar surveys you often use and the interface is more intuitive than anything else I've used when building from scratch.

Pros

This software has a very straight forward user interface both for the admin and the end users. It is very easy to build any kind of survey with many different question types using just a few logical clicks. Each question you make can be customized in any way you could need. Since this is basically a form builder, you can use it to make all kinds of forms that don't necessarily have to be considered "surveys". The reports it generates are well laid out and it is easy to get different graphs or details out of the data you collect.

Cons

It's almost too simple. Some more customization ability regarding the look would make it better to me. It's a little too obvious you are using a SurveyMonkey form when you see one and having more brand separation would give users a more non-generic feel. No document upload feature limits the abilities but most surveys probably don't need that feature.

Gisela

Functional surveying tool that gets good response rate due to its ease of use by the target group

Pros

Setting up surveys is quick and they look good when you send them out there. If one has planned the survey well, the results can be very effective in motivating for changes in the business plan or strategy. Respondents find the surveys easy to complete quickly. The data sets that are gathered can be filtered and additional features are available for which one has to pay. Even so, when the results of the survey save the company money, one can easily justify the expenditure on R&D.

Cons

No real problems were experienced while using Survey Monkey. To stay ahead in the field, picture survey might need to be included, and also the possibility for updated feedback, or timed responses. For example if I want the respondent to be reminded to respond on a particular question again some time later, to measure a change in circumstances, it would be useful to tag a "sub survey" onto the main survey, without having to set up all the questions again in a second survey. Setting Survey monkey up to be like a "Random Comments and Criticism Help Desk" is being tested by using the original survey and submitting it to a smaller weekly group of customers, but the amount of extra effort is being outweighed by the "norm" of currently "adequate" in-house customer support function.

Neffer from Betty Shabazz International Charter School

Survey Monkey has multiple benefits

Overall, using Survey Monkey has been a positive experience. I feel as though more places should use a similar model (going through Survey Monkey) to collect information for awards or nominations, maybe even proposal submissions because it was so easy to follow.

Pros

In the past, I used Survey monkey to conduct surveys and get information for projects, experiments, and research. However, most recently it was the platform I used to nominate someone for the American Red Cross Heroes Breakfast. I like that it made it easier to provide all the necessary information that was requested.

Cons

Once I got to the end and clicked 'done' and new survey popped up. There was no 'Thank you for your submission' or any type of confirmation that my information had been captured. I did not like that because it took me 30 minutes to do the nomination and I had type a great deal of content that I would not have been able to retrieve. I was left wondering if it had even gone through. So I went on the Survey Monkey customer service portion of the website (FAQ's) and learned that all entries are recorded and submitted once you click 'done'. That was reassuring, but it would have been nice to not have to go through all of that with simply a confirmation of receipt (and maybe a final preview sheet (of all that I had typed) before submitting).

Katherine from Ryder System

Excellent interface and composition.

SurveyMonkey has benefited me a lot in conducting surveys for my company, previously the opinions we received were not to our liking and since we started using SurveyMonkey, we have noticed a reasonable and excellent change to our response statistics.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyMonkey is the excellent interface it has, for a while SurveyMonkey did not have the same interface, the previous one was ugly and very unpleasant, thus causing discontent for me when conducting surveys. Since the interface was changed, I have now made progress in the comfort of my work and the surveys I do are more appropriate to the opinions I seek.

Cons

Although SurveyMonkey is an excellent software and that helps a lot in the creation of surveys, I have not yet been able to afford the high prices it has in its last memberships, I would like SurveyMonkey to reduce prices considerably, would be a very accessible advance for all.

Harish from ITC Limited

An outstanding tool to prepare simple surveys.

Pros

The application is easy to use and helps you attain in-depth information from the audience. Its a very straightforward platform where you can just upload and edit your questions. Superb reporting feature is available where analyzing is done by graphs and charts and you can export to spreadsheets or pdf format, and also space is given for writing out detailed responses. The tool is very cost effective. There is this skip option that respondents can use for skipping questions that don't apply. You can send unlimited questionnaires by using the professional version. Great customer service and support team is another plus. You have a variety of ways to collect information from the customers like via mail, sending them a link or facebook. They autosave all your past surveys, making it easy to track those surveys. You can send follow-ups to respondents who have missed to fill up the questionnaire.

Cons

The software supports only a few languages. Including video to a survey is not as easy as other stuffs. Difficult to create complicated surveys with complex skip and quality checks. Attentions check system is not as best as those we see in some other survey apps.

Crystal from Industrial Color

Survey Monkey for Business

Overall I love using Survey Monkey over other survey software. I feel comfortable enough using it and I feel I really do get the information I need without having to ask a bunch of followup questions. Great software and will continue to use. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Pros

I am able to make complex surveys and easily do what I need to do to get the best information I can from surveys. I have made several surveys and am able to do most of what I need with my current subscription. I sometimes need more branching and logic but that is rare. Easy to use and show others how to use.

Cons

You have to pay for anything more than a simple survey and it is expensive. Even more expensive if you want more people to work on them with you. It is also more difficult to change ownership of a survey to someone else unlike other software where you can easily transfer ownership should someone leave the company.

One of the #1 Sources for Surveys

I have used SurveyMonkey for several years, in many domains, including professionally, academically, and for personal use.

Pros

I use SurveyMonkey daily, as both a respondent to surveys that are sent to me by companies and/or colleagues, as well as have used it to create my own surveys. It is very straightforward, user friendly, and easy to understand/navigate. It's perfect for making quick, simple surveys and sending them out to the masses for responses. Effective and foolproof. I feel that I prefer it to Google Forms.

Cons

It's difficult to really think about any cons, it's pretty easy to use. Perhaps Google Forms may offer templates or more advanced features that SurveyMonkey doesn't have, though I'm not entirely sure and I prefer the look and feel of surveys on SurveyMonkey. There's a sleek design and they're very easy for recipients to fill them out.

Shikha from ApTask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Best tool for online survey

I have had a great experience using Survey Monkey so far. I have been using it for almost 8 years now for my projects and work so it has been great overall.

Pros

Survey Monkey is a platform providing the ability to conduct surveys and polls online thus making it easy to get the opinion/feedback. I have been using this tool since my college days when I had to conduct surveys for my research projects. It offers the option to create surveys as per your requirements-employee feedback, customer satisfaction toward a product/service, etc. The surveys play a great role and holds value in strategizing companys plan. I was an HR student in college and conducted lot of surveys related to employee satisfaction and few surveys related to organization psychology. I still take quarterly feedbacks from my employees towards the company policies and procedures. The report generation is extremely easy and the detailed reports provide a wider perspective of the response. I can send the same survey to large number of people at the same time. It also facilitates creating a specific group for every survey based on the requirement. It offers tool to enhance the display of your survey and offers animation as well which makes your survey more appealing

Cons

I have used the trial and the paid version of Survey Monkey. The free version does not allow you to download the reports, which is the biggest limitation because you cannot determine what the report looks like before paying for this product. The trial version could be better.

Nicole from Stikeman Elliott

Changes to paid model are painful

Relatively quick, easy and cheap way to send basic surveys to your population. However, if you are looking to do something more robust, highly recommend getting a different tool that has better features, functionality and automatic analysis.

Pros

Pretty quick and easy to set up a survey, send it out and get simple data and information. They always add new features so the software is able to do more and more over time.

Cons

As they make changes to their paid model, they are implementing painful controls (like IP tracking) and a code verification process that is frustrating. It works in theory but, for companies that mask and constantly change IPs, this means youll constantly be sent new verification codes to login and, unfortunately, the verification codes go to a systems administrator, not to you. This means that what was once a simple login process is now cumbersome and will slow you down, potentially daily. More and more features like this are being added and make the product frustrating to use. Theyve also made it difficult to customize and export reports when, previously, a few clicks and you were done. Theyve tried to enhance reporting to give you more chart options but the usability of the product has worsened as a result.

Steven from Global Payments Inc.

A simple way to capture your most important data

Survey Monkey was much better than the homegrown tools and other software products we had attempted to use before. The main feature I liked was how easy and simple it was to setup a survey and to get that survey sent out. The second feature I liked was how easy it was to analyze and interpret the data from the survey and to compare that data with future surveys taken.

Pros

Survey Monkey made it extremely easy to create interactive surveys for our employees and for our customers so that we could capture both qualitative and quantitative data. Survey Monkey then provided a very easy to use interface to access and examine the data that we received so that we could make the relevant decisions moving forward.

Cons

The most challenging thing we found was tying the survey information back to a person to follow-up with them on their responses. While some surveys were anonymous we found that in general the way the data was provided to us did not allow for an easy way to connect the data back to the person who submitted it.

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

The price and ease of use of Survey far outweighed what we experienced with the other solutions.

Austin from Orange County Community Foundation

Industry: Philanthropy

Ideal for fast collection of data

SurveyMonkey simplified a lot of form collection that we used to do. It is also fairly mobile friendly. It has changed how we view and collect information, as well as how we present it. We engage clients and partners easily 2000+ times using SurveyMonkey in a given year and will continue to do so. Without it, reporting data would also be difficult. We have the gold level plan and use it for everything. It is one of the best bang for buck possible.

Pros

We use SurveyMonkey for a lot. Any time we need to quickly poll staff or clients - we quickly create and send a SurveyMonkey. We have even built the program into our regular processes - instead of collecting forms from multiple partners or organizations, we use a repeatable SurveyMonkey.

Cons

It is hard to create a budget form on SurveyMonkey - you really can't mix it with excel too well. SurveyMonkey may have to try a little harder to compete with other form software.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 5,993 reviews