• Pros

• "I love the look of these forms that are created, it's easy to brand, easy to create and very "

• "I absolutely love typeform. Super straightforward and easy to use for both the creator and the user."

• "It's so easy to use and looks amazing. I know there are other survey platforms out there, but Typeform has so many features, just on the free version, and makes it easy to embed on a website!"

• Cons

• "The interface does leave something to be desired, it is setup kind of strange in my opinion and the UI needs a make over. But aside from that I love it!"

• "It can complicate your overall survey/form as you can spend too much time designing the experience instead of just getting it done, but I can live with that."

• "The only con is how many restrictions there are for the free version, but the 1st tier paid version isn't too much money. I definitely recommend getting the paid version."

Browse Typeform Reviews

Ciera from REVOLVE IMPACT

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects

Nadia from Self

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

The look of Survey Monkey is not as modern and timeless. It's also a little clunkier to use and re-organize surveys. Overall, Typeform is much more functional for entrepreneurs, particularly thanks to its powerhouse analytics tools. In that regard, Survey Monkey cannot compete, and this was the main reason I chose Typeform over Survey Monkey.

User friendly, does the job.

Overall experience is fantastic, I'd recommend Typeform to anyone.

Pros

Typeform is an excellent way to craft questionnaires and surveys and the ease of use makes it all the better. It just gets the job done.

Cons

Sometimes the actually movement of the page for both the creator and the end users jumps around too quickly.

October 2014

Adrian

October 2014

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey. I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future" So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros

Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons

Doesn't save partial responses. Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Response from Typeform.com

Replied October 2014

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either. To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%. It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that. If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me. Pedro

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

Forms That Feel Great

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Typeform provided us with a complete solution that not only worked for us, but gave our customers a great experience that defied the idea of filling out a form. We work with other business owners and have often been asked how we make our forms...and subsequently passed on many referrals.

Ian from DOmedia

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Gravity Forms are (is?) great, but they require a bit of custom dev work to achieve the high quality look and feel that Typform has out of the box. We use Typeform to prototype new product enhancements and then, having proven their efficacy, pay a developer to make the enhancements to as custom code built around Gravity Forms.

Typeform makes forms fun!

We love creating new forms and seeing how much fun we can make them. This is a great platform and is a must have!

Pros

The customization and flow of forms makes forms more engaging and easier to complete. We have noticed more individuals filling out forms once we switched to Typeform due to the uniqueness and not overwhelming the individual with all the questions at once.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when creating new forms. Changing an existing template when you are creating a new form will alter any saved forms using that template. The system should send a notification informing you if you make changes it will change other forms using that template.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

We chose Typeform due to the ability to customize forms more and make them more engaging.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Industry: Photography

Easy/Quick/Powerful software that everyone should use!

I found that Typeform made a seriously daunting task into an easy one. Lots of helpful tips and tricks online and I love their service support! 10/10

Pros

I love Typeform for making potential leads convert! It guides the form's user in an easy and professional way. I love the customized look I can give my forms and the support is the next level!

Cons

I own a business that needs calendar sync since my customers are booking I wish it was easier to book clients within Typeform and sync to my calendar.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

I found that the free trial swayed me away from others! I found that trying the product is key to knowing how to use it!

Amazing UX design and great flexibility

It was amazing and I will continue to use Typeform for campus opportunities recruitment .

Pros

It has a compelling website layouts, which makes it superior than other surveys

Cons

I didn't like too much about this software as the survey volume capacity is limited

Erick from GESUAS

There's no forms like those made with Typeform

Pros

As a user or administrator I love the forms made with Typeform. It's good looking, have a great UX, and features like no other forms, like logical jumps and calculations, which are much scarce or harder to use on another softwares.

Cons

As a free user, it's too limited (on number of respondents and forms or on features). So options like Google Forms are more attractive.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

It's more attractive and has an overall better experience as a user or administrator, but it's more limited on its free trial.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Matheus from Colmei

The best form experience

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Hands down the BEST survey builder

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Paulo from Education

Best form site I've ever used.

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

The UX is unique. The templates are awesome.

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Generates Leads On Its Own

Pros

We absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device. Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users. We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.

Cons

The "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys. The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.

Maya from Kenka-Records

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros

The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons

The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Better looking design and logic jumps.

Dave from Silversix, CIOPulse

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API. In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too. Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days. In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough. Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).

Pros

Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers. Ease of use. Value for money.

Cons

Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it). Customer support not 24x7.

Jared from Kindful

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

Pros

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

Cons

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

Logic jumps plus we already had an account with Typeform for another department.

René from Falstaff Verlags GesmbH

Robust online form builder solution, room for further improvement

Flexible and easy to use way to collect data to understand the needs and concern of our customers better.

Pros

Nice and very user interactive, engaging forms, perfect for mobile devices. Good and clean user interface for building and administrating forms. Seamless and stable integration of Stripe payments. Very flexible, you have all possibilities to use. I recommend to use it for collecting quick feedbacks with manageable data to collect. Very easy website and e-mail embed.

Cons

For me, typeform provides too much playful details and they stick on the "skip from one entry to the next" approach. That means you fill out one question and you have to click to skip to the next question. In my opinion, this is not always the best way to provide online forms to your folks. You have to click 10 times to fill out your name and your address, hmm.

Ourania from AgentRisk

Industry: Investment Management

I cannot recommend it enough

Excellent user experience! I loved designing the typeforms and their customer support was excellent, something I really value!

Pros

I used to use Typeform everyday for 2 years to design forms/questionnaires and analyze the results and I loved it! Insanely easy to use, great features and great pricing! Also, pleasant to fill in as a user actually filling in a form. Whenever I come upon a typeform today I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart for this company.

Cons

There was truly nothing that bothered me. It is so fairly priced and you get so many features. Even when I came upon a little glitch or something (nothing significant enough to remember) it was nothing compared to the value I got out of using it.

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Beautiful Surveys - Great For Lead Gen

Pros

We use Typeform primarily for lead generation. It is a beautiful way to capture information from people. It makes inputting information interactive, not boring and time-consuming. Customization is easy, and there are multiple ways to share your Typeform once you build it (embed it, create your own Typeform page, etc) What I loved best is that you could test the "pro" version out before buying AND you didn't need to start over. You can start on the free version, then upgrade to the pro version for free to try it out, and not have to spend time re-creating your content. Typeform duplicates your content for you and allows you to see what you could do to your Typeforms if you used the pro version. Super helpful. Customer support is great via email, Very professional and kind :)

Cons

No cons. The learning curve is easy, there are tons of Typeforms you can view beforehand for inspiration. There's really nothing not to like.

Cynthia from Arizona State University

Great for Market Research

Pros

I am a college student involved in entrepreneurship endeavors with groups and have used Typeform to create surveys to collect research for some of our target groups. I find it very intuitive to use and love the choices when it comes to how I am able to ask the question (i.e. multiple choice, select many, short answer). I also really enjoy being able to see the metrics and analyze the responses we have received on the surveys. Being able to download the results data as an Excel spreadsheet is one of my favorite features! The reports feature is also really nice as I can use that to visually present information/results of the survey. Being able to share the surveys I create is also very easy!

Cons

As a student and not a constant user, I wish there were different packages available to fit my needs. I cannot justify upgrading for more features such as being able to add other people to your workspace, when I am able to get the survey done myself and report back the findings. I would be nice if instead of maybe adding people to the workspace that would be able to make edits and create surveys, that they could just view the results. It would save me some time and help my teams collaborate better. Overall, I really enjoy the basic plan, but would consider upgrading if there was a package that fit my needs better!

Garrett from Kudos®

One of My Favourites

Great tool, great support, great integrations, very good pricing. Highly recommended.

Pros

Typeform is the only survey tool that I can say I enjoy using. The surveys look fantastic, the flexibility of customization is amazing (definitely above other platforms in the space), and it's surprisingly easy to set up integrations or use some of the more complex features without needing too much hand-holding. I have reached out to support numerous times for everything from feature requests (I've sent many of those over the years) to trying to figure out how to do something crazy with a Typeform and the support team is always all over it. Great support team for sure!

Cons

Typeform has less functionality than some platforms like SurveyGizmo, but for 99.9% of people out there, that won't be an issue. One nit that has bugged me forever is that even if you subscribe to Typeform, by default every form you create will include the Typeform branding and you have to manually turn this off every single time. If you pay for the service, the white-labeling should be turned on by default.

Quinn from Quinn Ballard Photography

Industry: Photography

The Design + Capabilities of Typeform Blows Other Form Builders Away

I couldn't imagine using any other form builder. Because Typeform has an up-to-date look and feel and has great features like logic jumps, the ability to add GIFs into forms, and several embedding options, I have been a fan from the beginning. Their style is a perfect fit for my business because it's clean, modern, but powerful.

Pros

I love that Typeform both looks great without compromising utility or usefulness. It helps keep people who fill out the form engaged because of smooth transitions between questions. Most form builders get the job done but look generic or outdated – Typeform is anything but that. I sent a questionnaire to some clients last year, but I sent half of the clients the questionnaire built with Typeform and I sent the other half other clients the exact same questions using another form builder. I got almost an 85% response rate using the Typeform version, while the other form builder barely got a 60% response rate. Exact same questions sent, but I saw evidence that the better looking form (from Typeform) played a role in a higher response rate.

Cons

Typeform updated the form builder several months ago and I've run into some issues where older Typeforms (i.e. forms made before the update) didn't properly migrate or some questions were removed from the form. Even though support helped resolve it, it was frustrating that I had to go back and test/troubleshoot forms that had previously been working for years.

Alberto from Gradehacker

One of the most versatile softwares I know of

Typeform has been one of those products that has taken our company to the next level. We use it for lead generation, recruiting applications, exams to test potential hires, internal team building and improvements, and so much more. It is a really cool, intuitive, and fun product to use. The ideas are endless with how to use it.

Pros

The flexibility of the product is outstanding. You can customize anything and everything; from the question types to custom fields to typeform backgrounds to redirect to adding images and gifs and so so much more. It allows for you to transmit your brand personality and image in every aspect and therefore improving the user experience.

Cons

I do not like how there is no mobile app for this product. Other than that there is little to negative things to say.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

We did not have an alternative product in our business. Typeform is very unique.

Maria from Vimeo

Customize to your Brand Standards Seamlessly

Such a great tool, and like I mentioned before, it's fun to use!

Pros

I've used Typeform primarily for surveys, polls, and just gathering data as a whole. I want to start off by stating that this is a fun tool to use. The UI on the site is visually appealing, it's inviting, and it's very user friendly. They've got such a large array of different templates and tools available for generating content that is specific to your brand, and without making you spend too much time while at it. I'm usually performing surveys through Typeform and the pre-filled templates have been so essential in cutting down time on my end to compile a list and type them out manually, one by one. Additionally, each survey has a stats section in which I can view all responses. This is a fantastic tool, and having it all in one place is super convenient.

Cons

There isn't much in particular that I dislike. I think 'My workspace' was a bit difficult to use when I first started. There wasn't on-boarding when I first started to use it, which would have been nice. Help docs are great, but sometimes its just nice to have a bit of a walkthrough on some new features or for new users at first glance.

Kristin from Sound Wave Events

Happy Customers - Happier Staff!

Typeform is what we have been looking for FOR YEARS. We have a complex questionnaire that we need our clients to fill out and this has made the experience so much easier for our clients and staff. The logic jumps are a GAME CHANGER. The user interface is clean and modern. LOVE THIS PROGRAM.

Pros

Customizable forms with so many options! Easy to use for basic forms - somewhat easy to learn for complex forms. Logic jumps to simplify and personalize forms for a positive user experience Ability to integrate videos, photos, and more

Cons

There is no phone support - only email support. Response time from a representative can take a couple of days. The logic jumps can get a little complex and have a bit of a learning curve if you are making complex forms - but it is doable!

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

This was the only platform we found that met our needs

Katsuyoshi from IHI Corporation

Industry: Industrial Automation

Make tickets with Typeform

Overall, Typeform has been a revelation. It has allowed us to analyze what kind of queries we were getting from both inside and outside customers.

Pros

Our organization uses Typeform to handle both internal and external customer servicing. Anytime we want to have a conversation with for example another employee regarding a certain task, we make a Typeform. The customer service team then re-assigns this Typeform to the other employee using our workflow tool. Typeform is like having a an offline conversation through an online form with fields. This allows you to collect data and make insights.

Cons

New users will have to study and learn how to create forms. Aside from this, I haven't had any problems with Typeform. Not sure what all the fuss is online, but it suits our needs.

Don from Bill Good Markerting

Solid Modern Survey Option

It's a solid platform. Plenty of options. I like the roadmap view to be able to check out any conditional logic.

Pros

It's modern and device friendly. It offers a variety of integration options. It's easy to get your data out.

Cons

Internal reporting tools are limited. The jump between pro and premium was a little hard to swallow and there is no options for any ala cart features. You shouldn't need to pay nearly twice as much just to redirect on completion, the only feature from premium I wanted.

Price, features and functionality

Jeel from PlexusMD

Easy and Effective!

In general, I really enjoy using Typeform and it has made life much easier in many ways. So I give it a big thumbs up!

Pros

The best thing I love about Typeform is that it's so effective because it looks so good and the work is done in minimum time. Another thing I like about it is its interface, it's so easy to see and add the logic jumps, the hidden fields, etc. It makes life much easier because of that. Another thing I like it that it has so many features that we can use to make our forms work in the most efficient way. I aslo love the way the summary of responses is given - makes it easy to analyse.

Cons

I did not find many cons while working with Typeform. But here are a few things I noticed: 1. It gets a little slow at times and might take a while to respond. 2. Sometimes even when no changes are made, it shows that someone else has made changes and the last few changes that are made by you get undone.

Sujee from CollegeTrackr Inc.

Typeform Review

It's been great. Very user friendly, free service is sufficient for most use practices and customer support is great. Highly recommend it if you need beautiful forms on your site.

Pros

It is easy to use and beautiful. They have great templates to get you started whether it is to create a registration form or to simply conduct a survey. I use it as a contact form on my site and all emails are saved and organized on their server and database to access, download, and share. You can even pull up statistics and analytics on how your specific form is doing!

Cons

The PRO+ version is quite expensive and their WordPress plugin is outdated. I think it would be great if they can update the plugin with features such as 'masking' their URL so it doesn't say "typeform.companyname.com/...". I would like it if there was a way to just use the user's company URL address rather than having each contact form show up as a typeform URL.

Laura from Hickety Pickety

I love it for the sleek and modern interface. My surveys look stunning and relevant to my audience!

Pros

I've been working as a market researcher for quite some time. It's proficient enough for mundane tasks, and overall I am impressed with the multitude of options it comes preconfigured with (you can use it for as little as a poll, or as trivial and amusing as a trivia quiz with immediate scoring, or as complex as a market research survey with logic answers). I love that Typeform has a live preview that allows you to see instantly what your typeform will look like. In my previous jobs I used to find it tricky to create modern, attractive designs on the softwares I was using at the time; Typeform proved to me that it's sleek, intuitive, and really modern; you can embed videos into the survey, you can embed it on your webpage, or share it directly via social media, and you have immediate access to the live responses. The reporting is basic, but hey, you can integrate it with your favourite apps via Zapier or Google Sheets if your wanted to do some proper analysis.

Cons

The URL of the generated survey captures the name as registered on the account. When I use it for various purposes, I don't like having that name show up, so I manually have to go into the account to change it every time if I create a typeform that would benefit from a URL that has resonance to my audience. The good thing is that changing the registeres name in this fashion does not affect existent active links; so you can change it over and over again. Having said that, in light of all the positives, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd appreciate the flexibility in editing my URL.

Ralph from Grey Orb Digital

Typeform is a fantastic form builder

Overall, it's a very effective tool you should consider using because it delivers.

Pros

They have a lot of templates that you can start customizing right away which is great if you want to save time. And, there's this really cool feature about Typeform called logic jump. The great thing about logic jump is that it allows you to tailor the next question or content to your respondent based on the previous response or answer they chose. That is really a very smart way to get data because the experience feels personalized, instead of the typical one size fits them all approach. Apart from logic jump, you can use Typeform for just about any purpose, from capturing leads to giving quotes; it's that useful. And the forms look really appealing with the addition of visual effects (animations basically); it has more life. The app also integrates with many other apps via Zapier, and via API's too, which allows for easier automations.

Cons

If you try to design forms with mobile browsers on Android, it's going to feel like an impossible task because you won't be able to type using the Android keypad, it never worked for me. So, you can only use the software on a PC. I don't know maybe there's an Android app yet.

Vinicius from Qualyteam

The ultimate form experience

Much better than other options on the market, this is what happens when the product is unique to a function. It is a much-needed tool for communication professionals who need to communicate, disclose, or collect information.

Pros

It is really mobile first, totally focused in the users who will fill the forms. It has a modern layout with good interactions, that makes it very enjoyable to use. Moreover, it has several customizations and diverse integrations. Every change made to the template can be observed in real time. The page design to observe the information collected is worthy. It has never been easier to visualize collected informations!

Cons

It does not favor an image search, has no customizable display options. The images — in a form — are all displayed in small size and next to each other. Plans are not that affordable.

Melissa from Fox & Owl Media

Easiest form system to use for many use cases

Pros

Very easy to use. You have many options to customise your questions - from radio buttons to multiple choice options to "on a scale of 1 to 10" type questions where you can use numbers or icons (with the option to customise the icons in the scale - I've used hearts for my forms). Very easy for people to submit answers as well. There's nothing worse than sending a form to someone and they battle to fill it in, because it means that they'll give up and you'll never get your desired responses. I love that you can embed a form as well. Perfect for embedding into website pages - which is what I do with my forms. I've used Typeforms on my clients' websites as well, and when we do changes to their sites, they always ask me not to remove "that form system you put on our site" - ie Typeform.

Cons

Not sure if this is a "user error", but sometimes respondents think that they've submitted answers, but they haven't because they haven't clicked on the last button to submit the answers to the form owner. This has happened to me a few times, and occasionally to one or 2 of my clients. I think maybe what could be added is text to say that if the last button isn't clicked, that the responses won't be submitted.

Josh from Resource Department

Best survey software out there

Overall I use typeform when our surveys absolutely have to look great and client facing. The interface makes it extremely easy for submitters to navigate which helps overall submissions.

Pros

Typeform is an extremely easy to use survey software that creates an amazing looking clean finished product. I like the ability to customize the images, colors, fonts, and almost everything about your survey. It also has great reporting that shows you stats on every submission.

Cons

There isn't a great downloadable report template that you can get. It is quite bulky when you download vs a simple overview output. This could be better overall.

Jennifer from The Hunley Group

Easy form setup for any use

Typeform allowed me to deploy forms to allow non-Salesforce users to create records in Salesforce through an integration using Zapier. Very inexpensive and powerful system.

Pros

Typeform allowed me to set up forms for multiple use cases at my company and deploy them for both desktop and mobile use. System has built-in logic to lead users through questions and route them differently based on previous answers.

Cons

Didn't find much that I didn't like. System was easy to learn and support was responsive when I needed help.

Typeform gives you the ability to understand your customers needs, quickly.

Enjoyable, pleasant and insightful!

Pros

Want to setup a form that allows users to submit a feature request? Typeforms got you covered. Want to setup a cancelation survey? Typeforms got you! Need to understand why someone deleted their freakin' account? Typeform. That's pretty much the best part of this service. The quick and easy forms and the great results reporting. I can quickly jump into Typeform and understand why someone possibly left, gave feedback, or just left a survey!

Savannah from Equity Bolt

Industry: Publishing

collect info, get emails!

Learning about your customer, interactive opt-in, email list building

Pros

You can customize a funnel for you website visitors... Figure out their basic contact info to build an email list and have them answer questions to know what their pain points are. Then you can better help serve them! Building out the funnel is fun and interactive for the user.

Cons

To access certain features, you'll want to get the paid version. Also, the first time I used this I needed a lot of guidance.

James from Colewood

Easy to make forms that look awesome!

We use Typeform internally for onboarding questionnaires​, combining with Zapier, the relevant departments are informed with an email breakdown of the results as well as a Google Doc being created for archive purposes. No more paper forms and printing!

Pros

It's super easy to create an awesome looking form to capture data, create a quiz etc. There are​ loads of theme and colour options as well as being able to make your own and save for future forms. Data integration is very useful, allowing you to connect Google Sheets and other tools to transfer responses to so you don't have to give out account details, especially if you're creating a form for a client. It's responsive​! So many times have I had to fill out a form that looks awful on mobile, not these bad boys!

Cons

Some of the forms I create can be quite complex and as such the platform seems to slow down accordingly which can be a bit frustrating at times. Some of the controls/functions aren't intuitive or don't work as imagined. For example,​ if you have a question group with​ only one question and you want to move that question out of the group, good luck, because you can't. You have to duplicate it, move it, then delete the whole group.

Narasimhan (Nari) from National Energy Technology Laboratory

Industry: Research

Absolutely revolutionized the form building and changed the UI landscape

Amazing user experience any and every time I have used Typeform. I have used it to fill surveys without joy. I have used it to make some surveys and then users have given me compliments. Wow factor!

Pros

What's not to rave about this product. I got introduced to Typeform through some survey that I was filling out. After seeing the amazing ease of operation, for the first time I dug around the page and found out about Typeform. Have been using it ever since to improved data or info gathering. It is an amazing software as a service (SaaS). If you thought Google docs was a cool car, you have nt really ridden in the high performance machine that is Typeform.

Cons

I can't really think of anything major except for some of their login procedure links dont work when you are trying to use them on a completely new computer.

Lynnette from Integrated Practice Solutions

Super simple surveys with Typeform

Typical survey needs - looking for a simple, convenient way to get the "pulse" of client and staff.

Pros

Typeform is super easy to use, with predefined question types, and a nod to whimsy by allowing more than the standard checkmark/start ratings. On a scale of 0-10 cats, how likely are you to recommend our product? It's a little shake-up to the boring norm. Also very easy to export data to manipulate and dice it up to be truly informative.

Cons

No cons - using the free version currently and it meets our needs from an internal staffing survey standpoint, as well as sending out post-event surveys to our clients after an event.

Fiona from FJH Consulting

A professional survey tool

This has enabled us to get a great response from customers and answer key questions about why they are using our products and services. It has enabled us to inform our future strategy as well as make some immediate decisions about what activities to prioritise.

Pros

I liked how it was easy to set up an run a survey. I particularly liked how it was simple to add routing and conditions in your survey to get more accurate and tailored responses. I also liked the ability to personalise it and add our own company branding.

Cons

There is nothing that I have found so far that I dislike about using this software. It is simple and straightforward to use.

David from DCF Wedding Music

Amazingly intuitive forms that look GREAT

Fast beautiful forms

Pros

Cons

PRICE, it's too effing expensive. I would be happy to pay for the PRO pricing, but you don't get the feature of sending a completed form visitor to a thank you page unless you pay PRO++ pricing which is too expensive. I see no benefit for doing the pro pricing, so I'm back on the free (which is fantastic btw)

Josip from Elfo trgovina i servis

Natural Surveys and Forms

I collected a lot of useful data that I think if I would use some other survey tool wouldn't be that much valuable. I got almost 80% solved ratio of email recipients. That is huge and I never had that high percent and I regularly send surveys to our customers.

Pros

Typeform allows me to create online surveys or forms which looks more natural and are designed by people for people. There are no fancy overkill features which some other survey tools have because they are often hard to use and perform far worse than a simple yet beautiful survey or form. Every form looks just beautiful and calls for recipients to answer more and more because I think it is more friendly than other survey tools. Forms or surveys are solved in the top to down approach and there is a nice graphical slide which tells you at which percent you are at the current survey. I especially liked connectivity with MailChimp. It worked very well.

Cons

I liked every part of Typeform except their pricing. For our budget, it is a way too high but if you try their free version you will see that it is more like trial limited version and it still performs very good. Also, I encountered some strange bug that bothered me for a long time. When I was using MailChimp connection some data weren't transferred correctly to this service. I tried to contact their support but it wasn't the speediest one and the answers I got weren't on a level as their tool.

Great for collecting data in a user-focused way

Great for businesses who want to collect information from customers with beautiful design and with the user at the forefront. Great company, great product.

Cons

Shines in areas that matter

It's a solid tool to gather insights from users and even for internal surveys.

Pros

The highest praise has to go to the beautiful user interface. It helps drive engagement and actually get people to complete the form until the end. Apart from that, it's easy to use and provides quick ways of testing complex logic flows.

Cons

It falls short on more advanced options, such as advanced logic and advanced calculations. These shortcomings can get frustrating over time.

Reasons for Choosing Typeform

The user interface is the best I found.

Alistair from Talent i Ltd

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Typeform has made our online forms so easy to manage.

It's so much better than using usual html forms and has made the process simple and seamless.

Pros

We like the way it integrates so easily with our website and gives us the option to embed it in numerous ways. All the data can be distributed easily by forwarding onto multiple email addresses but also by linking it to other 3rd party apps such as Slack etc.

Cons

It was a quite a steep learning curve in order to set the forms up etc but is has since become easier when they updated it this year.

Daniel from Healthflow

A welcome fresh approach to online form usability

Excellent user interface for online and mobile friendly forms which is proven to increase survey and sales engagement due to being a good user experience. Web forms reinvented.

Pros

The most beautifully designed online cross platform forms which will increase engagement and response rates because quite simply, they don't suck to use! Web forms are frustrating to use, especially on mobile devices, Typeforms are not. There are excellent features to survey people in a more innovative and direct questioning way rather than monotonous and monolithic forms. People respond better to Typeforms based on our survey results. Payment integrations and conditional fields make this great for selling complex products, such as in our case medical consultations which benefit from some data gathering before the event.

Cons

Very expensive for a SAAS product. Bearing in mind that you usually integrate it with some other SAAS product as either a data store or action / charge mechanism it adds up fast. Really limited free tier in both scale (responses) and feature set. The reporting features could be better for the price and are a bit too dependent on exporting as a spreadsheet.

Holly from MarshMueller

Easy and intuitive, embeddable surveys!

I use Shopify and I am not a developer, and the basic contact form on most Shopify themes leaves much to be desired, and I used to receive an influx of spam emails from bro-dudes saying my website sucked and they could fix it. Shopify's form did not make the body of the email required, so the spam got to reach stupid levels and I turned to Typeform to create a contact form that worked for me and my needs. Embedded it onto my website, and boom! Spam emails no more. Seriously.

Pros

Cons

Some of the features like logic use the paid tier, which is totally understandable.