All monday.com Reviews

Monday.com User Review

Nikola

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Saves a lot of time

It was a really nice switch from Excel and Teams - Monday.com had all the Teams management/tracking features and more. It was really intuitive and easy to use so our weekly meetings became more pleasant.

PROS

Saves a lot of time, it's easier to use and manage than softwares such as Teams or Excel spreadsheets that we've used before, interface is really intuitive and it has lots of features.

CONS

Cost - it was too expensive so it wasn't bought by our company in the end.

Joe

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Not a bad product, but not for us.

Totally fine, just not the product for us.

PROS

This is a great idea for an inexpensive process management system.

CONS

This was a little too difficult to implement, and didn't integrate with the systems we had in place already, so it was too heavy a lift to add to our organization.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Looking for a more seamless solution to our small company project planning needs.

Reviewed June 2024

Robust features but tough to implement

PROS

Has pretty much every feature you would need for project management. Very powerful and robust platform

CONS

The user interface was really hard to navigate, even for a tech savvy team like ours. Adoption was tricky because it took a lot of initial setup and training to get people to use the product consistently and effectively. It wasn’t as intuitive as we had hoped

Jessica

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Monday.com for nonprofits

PROS

We are getting Monday.com for FREE, which is amazing. That's the main reason we chose it over other products. I think it's wise for monday.com to offer this, because if our employees move on to other companies after being introduced to monday.com, they are more likely to implement it there if they are already familiar with it. I love the customizability of monday.com.

CONS

The time tracking feature. We are using another app for time tracking. Monday.com does a good job of tracking time for specific tasks, but we haven't been able to figure out how to track all of our time on a timesheet. While the customizability is great, sometimes monday.com can seem a bit advanced for our small org. There are so many features to explore, but sometimes it can be overwhelming or beyond our needs.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Monday.com is superior for task and project management, but we're still using paymo for time tracking & paying for that feature.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

We were using the free version of asana for our 3 person team, but now we are expanding use of the app to the entire org. Monday.com was the way to go because of the pricing and the flexibility. There are also lots of great tutorials.

ERA

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2024

Modern, intuitive project management tools

Overall, the experience exceeded expectations, and the tool is flexible enough to fit a variety of projects.

PROS

I like that it offers a free trial and allows for real-time collaboration.

CONS

Complexity of integrations and automation features, lack of templates

Reasons for switching to monday.com

You're excited about the new software, so you switch. But we also need to think about ease of use, right?

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

MDC makes your daily project management easier

Overall experience is good because it has a lot of features that kind of allows us to find all the information that we need regarding projects in one place. be it the tracking , movement of project and planning the delivery.

PROS

Project Planning, Scheduling and tracking for each members of the team. allows me to navigate through and identify the workload and capacity of the team.

CONS

Lot of features so it takes a lot of time just to put in all the information manually regarding projects in the tool.

Nancy

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Must use software to manage the tasks and logging time.

PROS

It offers customizable fields that stand best and give the platform real shine. It is so easy to understand that no one has to be taught separately. Its UI is very friendly.

CONS

There are delays in customer support and also it is bit expensive.

Lisa

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Getting used to it!

Although I had some reservations at first, changing our task management software to Monday.com has proven to be beneficial to my small business. When we first transitioned to the new software, I was a bit overwhelmed by all of the options suddenly available! It took me some time to customize the system to best meet our needs but, after 6 months, its working quite well. Pleased, would recommend!

PROS

I really like the task management features. It offers a variety of options for tracking workflow, time, and expense. Weve been using Monday.com for over 6 months now and im still discovering features!

CONS

The interface is a bit cluttered and takes some getting used to the rather odd and non-intuitive layout. Overwhelming implementation with little support.

Julijana

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A lot of possibilities, but difficult set up

PROS

One of our teams loved using Monday.com, especially for capacity management and project allocation. Monday has great visuals which makes the complex table easy to read!

CONS

It was super complex to set up Monday.com. The onboarding team also did not fully understand our usecases and our needs, so even tho we paid them to set us up, we still needed to do everything ourselves.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Monday.com is a versatile project management platform that enhances team collaboration and productivity

PROS

What I like most about Monday.com is its flexibility, allowing users to tailor workflows and dashboards to fit their specific project needs, which significantly enhances team efficiency and organization.

CONS

What I like least about Monday.com is that its wide range of features can sometimes be overwhelming for new users, leading to a steep learning curve initially.

Aziz

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

monday.com Review

My overall experience with monday.com is excellent.

PROS

It helped us achieve our goals in project development and marketing. It saved time.

CONS

The application could be more up to date and visually simplified.

Brendon

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Complex or complete?

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in. All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

PROS

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

CONS

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Reason for choosing monday.com

We chose it for the depth, and the spreadsheet-style pulses.

Melanie

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

PROS

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start. Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

CONS

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Ricardo

Legal Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Monday.com Review

I use it on a day to day basis mainly for project management and it works extremely well. The automation and integration aspects make it an easy to use system that the team enjoys working with.

PROS

It is extremely easy to use and does all the project planning and management grunt work for you. It can also integrate with quite a few systems to automate processes like creating a ticket system for your IT that makes IT more engaging with the end user.

CONS

The biggest draw back is how you get to allocate users. You have to add in increments of 5 which leads to paying for users that you don't use. There are also some nice features that can only be accesses with a PRO license which is a bit pricey.

Reason for choosing monday.com

It was friendlier to the end user and easier to use

Reasons for switching to monday.com

We needed something easier to use

Cody

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Monday.com Is The Best Software I Have Ever Used

Mind-blowing. Literally would have never guessed one software could become such an integral part of my business let alone my life!

PROS

Monday is the central hub for our entire business. In fact, I run multiple businesses out of a single account because I can have the teams split up in different ways and different workplaces for each company. The dashboards and status columns make it easy to see how my teams are doing very quickly, it's amazing. I even use it for my personal task management and life management!

CONS

There are times the Mac app will be slow or missing features I want, but the Chrome version is impeccable. No other real complaints otherwise.

Reason for choosing monday.com

All in One capability and better reviews.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

Trello was missing the project management features and integrations we wanted.

Juliana

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Perfect organization with monday.com

I think that my team's experience with monday.com has been very positive, and it has helped me tremendously in having more organization around all my projects. It helps me break down my time into different aspects and helps me put more effort into urgent and important tasks that need to be completed during the day. monday.com has also been of great aid in providing helpful tools to make our projects as automated as possible and helping us get rid of many tasks that we used to do manually but now this tool helps us complete them in a timely manner without any issues, and as a result of that, I can focus on my projects in more depth and plan all my work for the week rapidly, as well as improving our workflow as a team and helping me sort different tasks and asign them to different members.

PROS

Monday.com is my preferred project management tool. It is a very versatile software and it provides great features that help me manage all my projects in a seamless way. I like that it is very customizable and allows me to view my projects in many different ways. Monday.com has a smart way to track progress and it is present uring every stage of a project, helping me brainstorm in the beginning stage and helping me finish all my projects successfully. I also like the fact that it has the ability to create and organize tasks, creating to-do lists and reports that help me understand and keep track of my own progress and my team's progress simulatenously, and making it easier to know what to schedule in our calendars and helping us organize our workflows better. Monday.com also has many beautiful templates that adjust to every single project and it has a wide variety of boards that let me choose how to view my project and how to view my tasks.

CONS

Monday.com is not the most user-friendly software and it shows in the beginning stages of setting everything up in the software. I personally had a hard time using it in the beginning as I felt that the platform looked too cluttered and it felt very hard to organize things to make it look like my own space. Thankfully, this software is very customizable and I was able to adjust it to my needs eventually and make it feel more like my style and my business' style, and it has improved my workflow greatly. One more thing that I don't like about monday.com is the fact that the pricing plans don't have much variety and it's quite a high price for small businesses.

Reason for choosing monday.com

Asana seemed like a great option but ultimately we ended up choosing monday.com because of the amount of tools we thought fit better for our organization.

Reviewed September 2022

Great functionality in the Free version and worth paying for if you need a bit extra

Really great, it's been a big help for us in onboarding a new team member and making sure we all know what we are meant to be doing.

PROS

The fact that it's so funcational when it's free and easy to see what you get for your money if you do pay for extras. That makes me more likely to upgrade to a paid account at times when we need it. We love that its a really visual tool and this works for a 100% remote team running multiple complex projects. the ability to automate a lot of the processes also helps us and reduces our workload doing the silly little jobs that hold up getting into the real work!

CONS

The only thing I don't really like is the way the messages stack in the tasks and I haven't yet found a good way of having a space we can workshop in but we have other tolls for that which we can add links to so that's alright for now.

Reason for choosing monday.com

It was easy to trial and the free version allows us to do what we need. We may upgrade in the future but for now the free version is enough to get us set up and running.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

We still use click up for some of our bigger projects but honestly we just liked the fact that Monday.com seemed so easy and had a very quick learning period for new people involved in projects - we sometimes had to show them jhow to use clickup multiple times and with Mondaycom we've not had that so much!

Sam

Non-Profit Organization Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

A must have for non-profits

My experience is excellent, the ability to assign tasks, track and monitor peoples work and see where bottle necks or delays are occurring is one of the best features I have found so far.

PROS

This software is indispensable in this new world of remote and hybrid working. Monday.com has fully replaced our grant management system we have before and the functionalities make it much more user friendly, able to coordinate tasks and proposals so much more effectively. We have also set it up so it tracks the progress and deadlines of our grant-reporting requirements as well which was an area of particular weakness for my organisation before we switched over to this new platform.

CONS

It took quite a number of weeks for our non-profit status to be approved so I could get the wider team added to the platform- however the fact that it is completely free means I can not moan too much!

Reason for choosing monday.com

Monday.com free non-profit option and easy/ simple interface allowed the team to switch over with minimum training.

Reasons for switching to monday.com

I needed a platform which had more functionalities and could be easily updated in real time by multiple team members who are working from home and even working from differentHive countries.

Jemima