• icon"The tagging function between colleagues is very convenient. Overall, the interface is also very pleasant and easy to use."
  • icon"On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what."
  • icon"It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer. A win win and great investment for company that works digitally."
  • icon"I am still learning so there are many buttons I don't know what they do and so many places to find your communications. I get a little confused."
  • icon"HOWEVER, the use of @ symbol is different than the other communication software we use (Slack). Can be confusing when using the two."
  • icon"When you send a message there is a gap of 5 seconds to cancel it but once it has been sent there is no way to recall it."

All Front Reviews

Isabel Cristina

I just didn`t listen

The Best Team Collaboration Tool!

My team is able to be more efficient and we all can see past comments and such so it makes our team more cohesive. Many times the client doesn't even know which team member they're speaking to because we are so united...because of Front. We are able to create Asana tasks directly from our Front inbox which saves some time. I am able to stay more organized and keep the cleanest inbox that I've ever had in my entire 20+ years of work experience. I can't believe that I could even live without Front before. I don't see how I can ever go back to the old way of just sending e-mails and losing the collaboration function that Front provides. One problem that many people have is tagging an e-mail as backup for a task or the like. With the permalink feature, we're now able to attach an e-mail string to any Asana task so that the we can quickly refer back to the e-mail without screenshots and the like. It's so much easier now to keep all of our information together without an overload of e-mail messages.

Pros

I love being able to comment to teammates and to create a client-specific e-mail for our clients to respond to in order for collaboration to be smoother and for communication to be shared. I like being able to share drafts with my team so that they can review and even send if needed. If my direct reports want an e-mail to come from me but want to be sure I say exactly what they want to be heard then they just type up the e-mail, share the draft and @mention me, I edit it, my signature automatically attaches and then I send the e-mail as if I had written it. It's actually quite brilliant instead of sending an e-mail to one person to review, you can share it and everyone can see the edits. I like how you can immediately see at the top the tags of whose folder you're in so that you don't have to search through the e-mail to realize where you may be or which client you're working with. I also like the feature that lets you know if one of your colleagues archive the message that you're currently looking at. It helps to know this so that you know whether or not you need to reply to the message or assume that they're still going to respond. I also love how we can snooze an e-mail until later so they don't junk up the inbox. I am usually terrible at just leaving my inbox full with unnecessary messages that I forget to get back to until it's too late. With Snooze, I now say goodbye for now and get it out of my mind completely and then am reminded of it at the appointed time.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. One thing that may improve but is not a big deal is that tagging folders at the top right does not always work but if I drag the message to that folder then it does work. It would be nice if you could add an Asana task from Front without adding it to a project. For example, if it's a private task that I don't want shared with anyone else then I should either be able to make it private or not add it to a shared project. I was going to say that I would love to make reactions to the comments placed in Front but it appears that that option was added 18 hours ago so someone else beat me to the punch. It might be nice to have the option to add a follower to an e-mail thread but make it so that they cannot see any previous comments to when they were added. This would just make it so that you can share current information going forward but not include any past information that you may not have wanted to get into their hands. I'm sure Hillary would have loved that feature. One thing that I would love to add is an @mention to say something like @all or @everyone that tags everyone that is assigned or a follower to a particular e-mail comment thread.

Arielle

Love Front- Would Recommend

Great experience. Sales Rep was educated, nice, responsive and a pleasure to work with. Then the product was easy to use and solved what we needed.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use. We transitioned to this from HubSpot support and we were concerned about a learning curve, it is about as basic and intuitive as it comes. We budgeted 2 weeks to implement and it took us less than 2 days to transfer everything over and learn how to use it for its core functions.

Cons

I may be doing this incorrectly- but the Slack integration doesn't always work correctly. I think it would've been helpful in the integrations section to have a troubleshooting guide if it doesn't work. For us we filled out all fields and appropriate slack channels but the messages were not sent there. (Again could be our error)

Reasons for choosing Front

As part of our product offering, we send emails from our client's email domain to appear as it is from them. With these integrations, Zendesk's product was unable to support the configuration but Front was able to.

Reasons for switching to Front

HubSpot was AWFUL! I am so passionate about this. We had several situations with HubSpot where emails were sent to the wrong individuals with support tickets, the site crashed completely, and it was inconvenient that they did not have a mobile app. We got a Customer Success Representative at HubSpot assigned to us and they "follow-ed up" on the bugs and were never fixed. Eventually she ghosted us. Switching to front was the best thing that could've happened to us.

Great for collab, not so great for the budget

Pros

We love using this for syncing with Pipedrive - the implementation was easy. The powerful autoresponders are helpful as well. On any given day, we can have a different auto responder, which is great because we're always in a dedicated project on Wednesdays and out of office on Fridays. It's also a bonus that send later is active right out of the box - so when I'm working on emails after my kids are in bed they show up to my clients as sent at 7am the next morning. Set up wasn't too bad since I had already used Support Bee previously. The mobile app is solid as well, though my Android phone tells me it takes a lot of battery power. I wish it was listed as a native email provider on Andoid phones - so right now if I click on a email link in my Pipedrive App, I can't have it open in Front. Front is better than Pipedrive for sending emails since I can drop screenshots inline in emails in Front - something we do on a daily basis. I recommended this to a client who initially liked the idea that it connected with Shopify, showing order information beside each email (see cons for rest of the story). It's normal email stuff works just fine as well - removing formatting, adding bullets, bold, etc all work as expected. As an admin, I like having the ability to make sure my team is keeping on top of shared emails. Additionally, when a teammate needs some help on a message, they can share it with me to help advise them.

Cons

Buyer beware on the TOS regarding refunds. I set this up for a client and got them paid up as an annual client with several users. However, it wasn't a good fit for them. I was not pleased to find out Front does not offer pro-rated refunds, which is costing my client a lot of money and jeopardizing my relationship with them. Customer services was unsympathetic. For this reason I can't recommend Front anymore. If a user signs up with an annual plan, they will at some point be losing money, not saving it - unless they cancel on the anniversary of when they started. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: Front is one of the companies that needs to learn this.

Great Software, Terrible Billing and Support Policies

Pros

It has a number of very good features for helping teams work together for sales and support. The abilities to share, assign, comment on, snooze and resurface issues makes zero inbox possible. Keeps clutter down and focus on what is most important at the moment. We really like the 'product'.

Cons

-Front's Billing policies are absurd. If one signs up for an annual plan adding a user even if only temporarily for a day or a month while transitioning employees results in a charge for as much as a full year for that seat. -During the sales process, you will experience significant personal, real-time communications. Once the sales process is over, don't hope to EVER be able to have a real-time conversation with anybody. Regardless of the severity or complexity of the issue, the only option is email that often takes days to get a response which can be a real problem when the platform is down since it is the only way to contact them. They had a chat ability for a while but turned it off apparently because customer expectations for a timely response were too high. -Don't bother making suggestions. Although they have what appears to be a strong attitude towards involving customers, suggestions get a pat on the head and swept into a 'we'll pass that on' basket. No methods or interest to surface ideas and suggestions in a way that other end-users can expand upon or upvote/prioritize.

Reasons for switching to Front

Based on what we were told in the sales process, I believed that we had found an organization that matched our attitude about extraordinary customer service and support. Unfortunately, upon becoming a paying customer, all of that went away.

Ari

Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets

We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

Pros

Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

Cons

Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Reasons for choosing Front

We liked the email integration of front wherein ticket ids and perfunctory auto responses were not required, but we still got all the same functionality of other email / ticket tracking systems.

Adam

Industry: Furniture

Great software, hard to be without

Pros

The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).

Cons

There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.

Reasons for choosing Front

Because Front uses a completely approach which I think is a much more logical one, especially for a company like hours where each "ticket" or correspondence is usually resolved quickly.

Jessica

Industry: Biotechnology

Multiplayer email! Can't believe some people don't use this

Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.

Pros

Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.

Cons

There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.

Reasons for switching to Front

Gmail didn't have multiplayer mode. Also, because my co-founder said Front would be worth trying, and seemed like it would really help us tag team emailing.

Felipe

April 2022

Great Experience with Front

I love Front. It's a great tool, very easy to implement, teach and use. The communication between teams is great and we can track and talk to our customers in a great way.

Pros

The interface and how is easy to teammates collaborate and organize conversations with customers.

Cons

Language only in English Some features were thought exclusive for emails and we use a lot WhatsApp and Chat channels (custom channels) that not might work that great API Rate Limit for custom channels that we always talked that would be our main channel and after purchasing, we discovered this "limitation"

Reasons for choosing Front

Layout, features, support, sales proccess, pricing.

Reasons for switching to Front

We didn't like Zendesk layout and support

Sam

Makes Customer Success Simple

We use a pooled system for our customer success team for accounts in the SMB segment, and Front is our new shared inbox system to facilitate communication between CSMs and customers

Pros

Used as a shared inbox for our customer success org and it solves so many problems. Shared inbox, Salesforce integration, and assigning tasks are some highlights

Cons

Can be difficult to implement, time consuming to create but saves time in the long run

Reasons for switching to Front

Better features for our use case, lower price

Nic

A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow

Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

Pros

Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

Cons

There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my personal inbox—messages acrue and clutter the inbox—but counterproductive for a shared inbox with a mix of Front and Office 365 users. The obvious solution is to move all users to Front but in my case it is not realistic to onboard our entire team at once. Front should sync all actions back to Office 365. My second and last complaint is Front's calendar: it's not as robust as it should be if it's intended to be used instead of, say, Office 365. The experience for creating timed versus all-day events is cumbersome and to my knowledge, cannot be toggled between. Additionally, there is no functionality for creating recurring events. Unfortunately, my time is currently wasted switching between Front and Office 365 for simple calendaring tasks. I am looking forward to the Front team addressing both the sync and calendaring issues in an upcoming release. These pain points are partially behind my hesitation to push Front to all team members.

Derek

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Front ~ Showing You What Email Can Really Do

Overall my experience with Front has been very great. In terms of many vendors we deal with our company, Front is at the top. They are their because they are truly relationship minded and that is hard to find in companies. Especially companies in the field of technology. Our company is truly thankful for Front and value their company and employees. You truly get a great experience from their product to their people, and that says a lot about a company.

Pros

I believe the product is very easy to use. Especially for someone that is on a computer daily for work, this product is very streamline and functional in terms of being user friendly. The admin needs to have some tech savy to them to operate and set up, but truly that was not anything difficult. For a company that time is truly our job we need to be on par with everything that is going on. With Front that dream is possible as we can all be on one email communicating with their Comment function and never have to email out. This prevents any miss communication or double communication. Efficiency is taken to an all time high. With other email platforms you can't have all your company on one email, other than outlook I believe, but it still fails to compare to the functions and ease of Front. Especially that no one misses out on an email if someone does archive it. Sense Front saves a personal file for you! Truly they mind and soul for this product was truly to help productivity, efficiency and the customer experience which birth Front.

Cons

It is hard to really give it a straight con, as it is a growing software and just in the yearish we have used them I have seen it grown so fast. It would be wrong to brand it cons but more so improvements that are on its way. I didn't realize this truly at the start till Front personally reaches out and gets to know you and you to them. A improvement I see growing is the support line. Depending on the nature of your business you need this more so than others in a more timely manner. Our company being time based we need things fixed fast to provide our job. Front does the best to their availability to do this, but its still a growing improvement. I know I am not going to get someone in five minutes, but for sure within the hour and once then I will be able to get immediate help till the solution is at hand. Another improvement is their reports. Due to the nature of our business this has helped us out a lot but with all the variables we have it is hard to get a true accurate report. It has base functions that will help any company, but for diving into even finer details its not there...yet. Least to say I would die on a hill to say there are truly no cons, but truly just improvements I see coming and know they are continuing to work on. You can't hop in a car without knowing how to drive and expect to drive. Takes time to master anything, but you see how you can't live without once you learn a little about it.

Giada

Industry: Photography

Front App - Reading, Writing and Assigning emails in a team oriented way.

I am extremely satisfied of this app. It's super easy to use and perfect when working in team. It's basically impossible to miss any email with this software and super nice the way it looks like when using it on a daily basis. Plus it takes all the rules and marks of your main inbox provider (gmail, outlook etc.). Highly recommended even for all its features and possibility to integrate it with the main useful app: Aircall, Google Cal etc.

Pros

What I definitely like the most is the way you can assign emails to your team mates - especially when reviewing the same inbox. Generally with other provider is always difficult to organize your workflow and dividing email by forwarding them all. In this way, by using a super simple and well designed app, you can simple go through the object of the email, even read it if needed and then directly assign it to your colleagues. Moreover, you can even assign the email to more than one people - keeping everyone posted about important issue. Last but not least, you can use this app even to comment and share plus information about email or work to do with that email/costumer directly using the chat below the main inbox (this is something that can be shown just between team mates - avoiding the possibly of sending personal information to the direct costumer while forwarding the email to your colleagues).

Cons

I think that the app version could be improved, especially in the way it shows notifications. Each time I open it - I can see the amount of my entire inbox and it always seems you still have work to do even if you are up to date with all your daily emails.

Shari

July 2022

A Great Software to Communicate With Customers

Pros

I've used Zendesk for years, which is a really popular customer ticket support software, and this software is way better than it! The UI is already familiar as its set up like the main inbox to your Gmail or Outlook account and you can actually see when a customer has 'Seen' your message! The software has its own Desktop app unlike a lot of others, but I mostly use it through the web to sift through multiple tickets easily. A great benefit, as well, is how easily you can integrate other software into their plug in feature. So you can connect it with your business' Shopify, Salesforce, WhatsApp, Google drive and many many other apps! There's a comment section on each conversation that you can use to communicate with team members and because it's a true emailing software, you can CC and BCC other people on your customer's messages, if necessary. You can set a time limit for how long you have to cancel a sending response and you can create templates for canned responses/macros that you will have to use on a regular. It's a really great software and I wish I could use it for every email/ticket customer support role I'm ever in.

Cons

The only dislike I have is when I was first given access to it, I selected the option to log in with my work's Google account to make the process easier. I then realized that my work emails were actually coming into the main Front's inbox and all the other teams could see those messages. I found the option to turn off all personal incoming messages but I could not unlink my Google account from it so I can still see all my old messages in my inbox and have no way of removing them without them being deleted from my actual work account's email.

Lauren

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

A Shared Work Model DREAM!

Pros

My team uses Front daily for our customer communication, as well as internal communication. The ability to tag an internal user and comment on the threads without having to reply to the email is a game-changer when it comes to problem-solving and communication regarding more complex emails. We used multiple inboxes, separated into different inbox groups, with different permissions. It was easy to track and manage despite having so many inboxes. In a shared work model, the ability to assign emails to yourself or other members of the team was extremely useful, to ensure we were not doing double-work or responding to emails at the same time. On top of that, you would be able to see when a teammate was replying or typing under the email, which was a good way to know who was working on what.

Cons

Front tended to have quite a few outages and crashes that impacted our workflow heavily. Fortunately these were able to be resolved quickly and communication was reliable and fast! However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

Julian

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Make email your superpower.

Pros

it's very convenient to have ALL of your company's communication in ONE place. Nothing slips through the cracks - from emails/facebook messages/tweets and text messages you name it it's all there. It's very intuitive to talk with the team and get back to customers/prospects with an answer. A win win and great investment for company that works digitally.

Cons

It takes a while to onboard the whole team and get them to understand all the features. Also it's quite pricey per user per month.

Patrick