• Pros

• "I love that it is easy for me to record my lessons and my students to get access to the link. I also love that it is all stored through Loom"

• "Very easy to use a very handy integration into Gmail to send videos straight from your inbox"

• "I love the ability to quickly communicate information instead of having to type long winded emails. Loom allows me to show my body so all forms of communication are given (verbal and nonverbal). "

• Cons

• "I have trouble with the extension loading. That has been frustrating, but I still love the product."

• "The Chrome Plugin has acted up on me a few times, but removing and reinstalling it typically always solves it. "

• "Daily software updates are fantastic but it's a little annoying having to manually download and install these each time. Have an auto-install feature running in the background would be great."

Browse Loom Reviews

Herman from LegalShield Official

Video over Text

There is a saying that a picture says a thousand words. In today's world, communication is essential. I've had many instances where I've seen the context of that communication being misinterpreted. This is why I love Loom. Loom gives an easy way for people to communicate via video. These short video messages can separate you from other people and they are effective. I've use loom in both personal and business instances. It is easy to shoot and send a quick video than to write a long email. I've even inserted commentary videos under social media post to clarify my stance on issues. I've used it for customer onboarding and partner training. There are so many creative ways you can share Loom videos to effectively get your point across.

Pros

Easy to use interface Fast video processing Videos can be viewed on any device

Cons

Mobile experience is iOS beta only Unable to stop and switch recording sources (ie switching from recording a tab to your desktop)

Jeheen Mahmood from Binary Bees

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Best screen recorder for 99% people

I only used the free plan, but I never felt I needed a paid version, the free plan was that good. It covered everything a regular screen recorder might want from an easy to setup solution. Loom doesnt offer advanced video editing options. But that is actually a plus for me as I know nothing of video editing and many other apps scared me off with their sliders and buttons and frames. I am a simple maker who knows his strengths and Loom helped me in playing those strengths. I frequently used Loom for a quick screen grab for my employees and clients showing what I need and do. I later loaded the videos in my Youtube for marketing and easier distribution where network is poorer.

Pros

This is an app that you cant break. You can run it on a barely running PC, low on ram, processing power, poor or NO internet and it will still run, without any error. If it was a superhero, it would be Superman! This is the easiest app that I have used for screen recording - I make instructional videos for my remote employees and content marketing. It runs on and off browsers and can save offline recording. Has very easy to use controls. Loom gives you 1 hour of recording on free plan which is simply generous, while many others give you 5-10 minutes. They have basic analytics for free plan and it is enough for many people.

Cons

There is simply nothing I did not like about Loom. For advanced users and video editors, Loom would feel too vanilla as there is little editing options. But Loom is not for advanced editing, it is for swift screen recording and does that superbly.

Reasons for Choosing Loom

Both Filmora and Camtasia are great apps. But they are both rather pricy and have too many advanced functions for my need and skills, I was overwhelmed.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Screencastify had a limit of video duration that was too restrictive.

Better than Vidyard

Loom has been a great alternative to Vidyard. It also provides a team environment so reps can share and have access to videos that may be of use to everyone, this saves multiple people recreating a similar video (e.g. a quick product demo or answer to user FAQ)

Pros

Loom has a far better UX than Vidyard and has a little bit more functionality. The chrome extension is perfect for quick access and there are some great post-record editing options that free version of Vidyard does not have.

Cons

Like anything there's a paywall, if it's something we use enough internally and externally as a sales team it may be worth some investment but for the most part the free version could be enough for basic use.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Vidyard was okay but I was curious if there was a better option and that is when I started to explore Loom and its features/functionality.

Raghav from Freelancer

Relatively Underwhelming

I believe as time passes, Loom will continue to enhance its features and eliminate bugs. As the overall experience is refined, I believe Loom, with its unique offerings, is certainly a top competitor in the video recording software market.

Pros

It has a simple, easy to use interface, which allows you to alternate between recording styles depending on whether you want your voice, your face or both, which is a welcome step. It also stores your videos on its online portal, up to a certain number, protecting you against crashes and other mishaps. The support is very friendly and quick to respond, enhancing your experience further. Plus, you can share your videos directly through their portal, saving you the hassle of downloading and uploading the videos on a streaming platform.

Cons

I'd like to think of Loom as a work in progress. With its bugs and crashes, it fails to impress when compared to other recorders I have used. I have had to contact support multiple times over an identical complaint of videos failing to upload completely, despite having a strong and fast internet connection. Once, after recording an 11 minute video, I realized Loom had recorded only 3 minutes, causing severe frustration.

André Luiz from longwork

Industry: Civil Engineering

The solution to my problems

Being able to download and watch my academic content whenever and wherever I wanted was a marvel for my learning, being able to record and watch my screen provided the continuity of my academic course during the pandemic.

Pros

The use of the loom made it possible in pandemic times to view my university classes whenever I needed them. The plugin greatly facilitates usability by turning the entire process into a web environment, greatly facilitating system mobility.

Cons

When an internet crash occurs, the loom has a recording failure, a fact that can interrupt or shred a presentation, but it is a feature inherent to a web system.

AJ from PRMG, Inc.

Can't beat the price (It's FREE) LOL but will be upgrading to a paid account soon!

Makes it easier and faster to communicate with clients and teammates, a picture is worth a thousand words well a video is worth a million words. Saves a ton of time and clients love video presentations especially vs long borrowing emails. Also helps build relationships with clients in today's world everything seems to be done by phone, text or email this puts a face to the name,

Pros

It's FREE but also since I have been using LOOM they continue to improve even on the paid version, it has features that other charge $50 per month or more. Looms Pro paid plan is only $8-$10 a month so will be upgrading soon.

Cons

Just wish I was able to integrate with my CRM or via Zapier, I have to do more research as perhaps this is a feature on other plans.

Reasons for Choosing Loom

Loom is FREE and although BomBomb is a great product and has a tons of features they were a bit redundant to my CRM so I didn't need all those features and didn't want to pay more for features I didn't need or already had with my CRM. If you don't have a CRM then you could make the case for BombBomb as then it is well worth the money as a CRM with Video Email.

Mark from Proven Marketing LLC

Like Loom but Prefer Clapboard

overall Loom is a good product have no bad things to say about it, I again just prefer a cheaper alternative that gets the same job done as Loom

Pros

I like Loom but ClapBoard seemed to do everything loom does and its more inexpensive, so thats always a goood thing for me.

Cons

price only other than that its a good product I must say

I Chose Clapboard over Loom because it was cheaper and did the same job

ClapBoard by StoryXpress

Noud from Data Roots

Easy Screen Recording

We are using Loom to record software guides; a visual walkthrough helps our customers manage their software themselves.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and integrates with Google Chrome.

Cons

Recently they changed their free tier to a five-minute limit.

Reasons for Choosing Loom

Easy to use as a Chrome extension but also via the Windows App.

Excellent feedback tool

Clients appreciate getting video feedback. It is so efficient and conveys the message so much more efficiently than without it.

Pros

Loom is an indispensable tool that improves feedback to clients and project stakeholders. I like the fact that we can record screen and camera and share easily. The new transcription feature is useful as well since we work with many individuals for which English is their second language.

Cons

Editing a video is a bit clunky. Selecting a part of the video is not easy, clicking on the up / down arrow incites a freakish repetition sequence that is super annoying. I hope they fix this. Edits also take too long to process, sometimes 30 minutes or an hour or longer, just to delete a short clip of the video.

Alexandra from The Sophisticated Geek OÜ

Great Software- but train your affiliates better

We already use reflector and camtasia, and whilst those are slightly more difficult to use than loom, I had such a bad introduction into the software via the affiliate invitation- I really just wanted to delete the account. It is certainly not a bad software, and can be very helpful for teams- I would personally prefer to have the "pricing" state "free forever" on the free plan, have a popup included that tells you which plan you are on (free vs free business trial) and an easy way to delete the whole account (not just the workspace) forever.

Pros

I like the ease of use- you set up a workspace within a minute and can start recording your screen or yourself. I like the branding options, and that there is a free trial.

Cons

I was invited by a loom affiliate during the course of a job interview. The recruiter was the rudest and most inept I had ever encountered, and it wasn't mentioned that this was an affiliate link. I felt pressured to use the software (always a bad thing), and it wasn't quite clear that the trial I had signed up for wasn't the "free forever" version, but the loom business version. This MADE a difference, because the business trial seemingly gets converted into a paid trial, and that pressured me even more. So I deleted the workspace. I also tried to find a way to leave loom entirely, consulted the help centre, and realized that this is only possible if you get help from the support.

Jeff from Cornerstone University

I Love This Application

Application, add-in, software, Life-changing thingy . . . call it what you will, Loom has changed my life and could very well yours, too. I'm serious. I use Loom not only for teaching, which has made a huge difference in my effectiveness--especially with online teaching, but also for communication with any number of people in my role as a Dean in higher education. People actually think I know what I'm talking about and think that I'm effective when all I do is use Loom. Very few products or services are this user friendly and this consequential in delivering on outcomes that matter. Use Loom; you won't regret it, and it might just change your life.

Pros

Ease of Use; functionality to organize videos online; length of videos even in the free version.

Cons

That you have to pay to get premium features, now (they used to be revolutionary in that you didn't have to pay for it) and that unlike Jing, you can't just drag and capture whatever you want--it's either your screen of the application in you're in.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Ease of use, length of videos, Chrome functionality, doesn't require Flash.

Csaba from Toptal

Awesome app that helps you boost your communication with clients

Pros

Very easy to use and pretty reliable. The competitors offer lower quality in general while working with Loom feels like a professional tool. I really like the core concept and it works perfectly: just hit record on your desktop and when you are done, it's already on the cloud and ready to be sent in an email or Slack message. I use Loom whenever I need to add clarity to the files I'm sending. When I send designs to clients or team mates, I'll make them watch a Loom recording so that they get the full picture. However, I discovered more and more cases to use Loom - pretty much whenever an email is not enough to get the message across.

Cons

There were some minor flaws with the tool but recently (in the last year) I didn't really experience any bugs or issues with the connection. I guess the only thing they could improve is to hide the avatar/video by default since if I don't want to record myself using the camera, I don't see a lot of point in having my avatar visible in the bottom-left corner. I need to get rid of that each time I launch the tool.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Because I had to record and upload the videos separately. Quicktime provides great quality, but I needed to use Youtube so that I can share it with the recipients. No read notifications, the process is slower and more time-consuming and I completely spammed my youtube account with random work-related videos.

Connie from Cornerstone University

A GREAT product for screen capture and demonstrations

I am responsible for instructing faculty on how to use software - the Loom system allows me to 'show and tell' via video how to do various things, how to solve problems, etc. Many faculty tell me they keep my loom videos and refer to them later.

Pros

There is a lot I like about this software - it's ease of use, it's library of my saved files, the option to download the video into .mp4 format to name a few. I like that I can rename the videos, that I can paste the link and have it play when my recipients click the link. I like the options to use screen only, static picture of myself, or video of myself in the corner while doing the demonstration. I also like the 'desktop' option for screencapture so if my video crosses programs I can have it on the same video!

Cons

The one thing I would really like is a 'screen shot' option. I currently need to use another program for screenshots that allow me to take a screenshot, draw arrows and circles, and captions. Since Loom is only video I need to use both programs....but Loom is so great, I don't mind the hassle.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

they use flash for video...

Justin from Riskalyze

Great, Fast, and Simple Screen Recording Tool

With Loom, I'm able to screen record things that are difficult to explain with words. This is essential given my team works in offices across the country. It allows my teammates to explain complicated software bugs to me so that I can easily reproduce and verify them. I use Loom more than any other Chrome extension.

Pros

Loom is really useful for recording issues that I run into as a software tester. Having the power to start recording my screen in just a couple clicks saves so much time for me so that I don't have to verbally communicate or write out how to reproduce a bug. It's built right into Chrome, but you can record anything else on your screen with it as well. You can opt for it to record your face while you're doing the screen recording too. It's really intuitive and quick to start recording, and sharing a recording is as easy as sending someone a URL.

Cons

There's not much to dislike with Loom. If I had one con, it'd be that it doesn't remember my preferred settings each time I record. It will default to recording my face and my audio, which I usually turn off each time.

Melissa from Oklahoma Connections Academy

Virtual Schooling Tool!

My overall experience has been awesome. I have never had a bad experience. The videos always work. I have used them for all kinds of things, from working with students to showing parents where to find important forms to fill out to training, etc. I cannot imagine going back to my job without Loom! Any chance I get, I spread the word as well!

Pros

I love that I can show a student, teacher, or state department liaison what I am working on and exactly what my question is. This saves an insane amount of time during my work week. I love that it is so easy to grab my recording with a link. I am not sure if all, but most of the teachers at my school are using this tool now, after I did a demonstration at our back to school meeting in August. We are a virtual school and this is such a valuable tool for all subject areas.

Cons

I wish we had more than 100 free videos, but I understand the reasoning behind this. I wish there was a special package for educators. This is such a great tool to help us teach students and teachers get so little discounts as it is.

Tyler from Brigham Young University - Idaho

Great product and easy to use

Pros

Accessibility, Usability, Interaction, Notifications. This tool is easy to open and it gives you easy access to your recorded videos. I have really enjoyed being notified when someone views it because I use this tool as feedback for my online class and it helps to see how often and whom is viewing each of my recordings. I even have back and forth discussions just below the video page.

Cons

I had a few instances when a video failed to upload because it was taking forever. I couldn't be certain if this was due to the internet in our location or Loom, but it happened more than once but no more than 4 times in the last two years I have used it. There were also a couple of times when my microphone didn't connect for whatever reason and I recorded an entire video without sound. Each time I now doublecheck my audio to make sure it works before recording. Never had a problem with that when I check now.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Embedding videos made with Jing in the content pages of Brightspace (D2L) wouldn't work. I believe our IT guys said it was because of the 's' in https it put in front of the URL.

Make Sharing Ideas Easy!

Working in a purely virtual environment, Loom is an incredible communication tool for me. It's appealing in design and easy to use. I use Loom on almost a daily basis to communicate ideas and ask questions of my co-workers. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Pros

Loom is incredibly easy to use and is a dependable piece of software. It saves me time in the office. Instead of typing out a lengthy explanation for an idea or troubling over the wording of a question, I can make a quick Loom to share with a co-worker to help express ideas and find solutions more quickly.

Cons

I wish that the free content was either unlimited or that it was easier to delete older material so that I don't reach my quota for free videos so quickly. It's time-consuming to go into my profile and delete old files. It'd be great if there were a bulk way to select old videos and delete them.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

The platform is more user-friendly and the quality of the product is stronger.

Tara from Self Employed

Communicate Quickly & Easily

Great tool. Cost effective. Easy to use for fast communications and you need the impact of a video. Wonderful for quick communications.

Pros

Really easy to use. Just press a button to record. You can select full screen, just self, or a combination of both. Love having that flexibility. I like how you can change the settings on videos quickly and even password protect them. Perfect solution for making training videos for team members.

Cons

It's a bit clunky when it comes to being able to setup and delete folders. Same things applies to deleting videos. Too many keyclicks to complete certain basic actions. Cumbersome to move things around. Would love to see drag and drop funtionality in the future.

Karlan from Greenhouse Software

One of the most intuitive Chrome plug-ins I've ever used

Pros

One of my primary responsibilities in my role is teaching customers about how to use our product, and Loom is instrumental in doing so. Whenever I had to explain a specific workflow/use case, I used to painfully take step-by-step screenshots of the entire process, which would often take me 5-10 minutes at least. With Loom, I'm able to demonstrate really complex solutions to my customers in under a minute. Additionally - the plug-in itself is incredibly intuitive. There's nothing cumbersome about creating a Loom video - I can start, create, and send a video with only a few clicks.

Cons

Truly nothing comes to mind - Loom has been game-changing for me, and my customers love it too.

Justin from Grand Canyon University

Future of e-Learning

Pros

Screencast video for lecture, grading feedback, and asynchronous dialogue is a game changer. Loom makes it extraordinarily easy and convenient to install, use, and engage with the content I create for my students. My students are more engaged and appreciate the dynamic and comprehensive nature of Loom.

Cons

Loom doesn't always operate perfectly on high security networks without an enterprise effort to ensure its usability through the firewall and browser security protocols. In addition, it would be nice to easily insert tags and notes within a video as part of a limited suite of editing tools. Finally, it would be nice to offer higher resolution content but there are obvious trade offs in streaming.

Peter from Grace Digital Solutions Inc

Extremely useful software

Totally love this product. It's the best. It's also the only one that I know of that has the ability to record from your phone using an app and instantly give you a link to your video.

Pros

Recording a personal video for a client or a colleague is so easy. Was just a couple of clicks of a button, you can start recording. It has blazing fast upload speeds, it's pretty much seamless.

Cons

Every once in a while there is a bug where it doesn't record like it's supposed to. So when you think you're recording, you actually aren't and you have to restart your recording. It's a small bug and it rarely happens, but I've experienced it a couple of times. I'm sure the team will have this issue resolved soon.

Loom Makes Screencasts Easy

Pros

Loom is my go to when it comes to quick/easy screen captures. Working in a support environment there is only so much written text can do for an end user trying to solve a solution. In some situations it is warranted but by having a video walk through our end users can keep it to revisit for themselves or other staff that run into the same issues.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Wasn't as easy to share videos.

Parker from Greenhouse Software

Great software for sharing screen recordings

Pros

I use Loom to record screen shares for my customers teaching them how to use our software. It saves me a ton of time from writing out step by step instructions and including multiple screenshots to teach simple tasks. Most of my customers also love it and it feels very personalized to record videos showing specific workflows for them.

Cons

The only problem I have with Loom is that the Chrome Extension sometimes breaks and I've had trouble getting it to work even after clearing browser data and uninstalling and reinstalling the Extension. That problem seems to have stopped now though so hopefully it's fixed for good.

Maia from Maia Hariton

One of the most useful tools in my business

I am now able to share my training videos with all of my clients by just copying and pasting the link to the video, I can also edit out some moment where I might have missed something or wanted to remove a minute of my video. It's been super easy to use and a lot of my clients are now using it too to give me feedback on my work.

Pros

I love how easy it is to share videos with my clients and how easy it is to edit the videos as well. The sharing process is just the copying and pasting of a link.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that I have to hide the camera every time because I'm only recording my screen and don't need my clients to see my face. I wish I could save those preferences.

Seth from eCornell

Great tool for internal and external uses

It is a great tool. We send personalized videos to our customers to really add the personal touch. In house we use them as a training Library and it helps the team grow their knowledge base.

Pros

Cons

Some times the sounds is not in the videos when I record them, so I have to redo it sometimes.

Gary from matthews- enterprise

loom is awsume

i can not fault loom as it has helped me connect with somany people and i was able to teach with ease

Pros

loom plays a massive part of my outreach method and i like how easy it is to record videos or even just to share your screen for tutorials

Cons

you only get 25 videos unless you pay but i guess that is marketing

Reasons for Choosing Loom

easy to use, fun, easy to install and download from

Janie from Granville HS

Loom Review from a Teacher

Pros

This software allows me to capture my computer screen so that I can provide online lecture notes for my students when they are absent. This has been a great online learning tool for them.

Cons

Sometimes the videos are slow to load for my students.

Reasons for Choosing Loom

Loom was available for free and provided me with what I was looking for.

This software was free.

Bryan from Avon Grove Charter School

Simple, Free Screen and Video Recording for Educators

Loom has been an amazing resource for our teachers during COVID-19 to provide instructional videos to students. Loom also recently announced that their service will be free for educators moving forward with his great!

Pros

Loom is simple and easy to use for your screen and video recording needs. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, is easy to save, has great features, and is intuitive. There's no need to be a "techy" in order to create high-quality videos and lesson recordings as a teacher in a flipped classroom.

Cons

I wish there were a few more editing options within the user console and an easier way to set up local storage the videos (as opposed to downloading them and backing them up).

Amine from Oil & Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Loom Application test

I am using loom to record my videos on screeshot or even webcam to share this videos in facebook groups and youtube.

Pros

Loom allows saving videos data with large size out of disk,you can find all the videos uploaded via screenshot or webcam in your loom dashboard page. Loom application allows quick downloading videos from it's platform so you can save this videos on your local hard disk The dashboard contains the necessary tool to manage the videos The keyboard during recording videos is very practical,you can record using just keyboard letters as shortcut

Cons

There is no option of deleting videos if we like to remove it,there is only option of archiving

Zach from Shapeways

Loom Review - Zach Dillon

Pros

Loom makes it super simple to capture the needed information and share it effortlessly with my team and the end customer. I deal with complicated 3D models on a daily basis and I have found that making videos to let the customer see their digital model while I walk them through it is the easiest and most effective way for me to communicate with them. They also get a sense that they are getting special care with a video customized to their needs and questions.

Cons

If I have to say anything negative about this service it it would be that slow internet connections can hinder the speed and fluidity of working with this tool.

James from St Martins Episcopal School

Game Changer for the Flipped Classroom

I'm an educator at a small school. Students being out from class for various reasons are common. Loom has served me well for recording my lectures live, creating video-feedback for my students submitted work, and creating classroom instruction materials for when I have to be out. It has been a game-changer for my classroom workflow!

Pros

Loom is one of the easiest screen-recording extensions to-date. Click the extension, change a few settings if needed, pick a screen - record! As soon as the recording is finished, you've automatically got a URL copied to your clip-board for sharing out. It doesn't get any simpler.

Cons

There are several settings I need to change each time I load the software. My laptop is often connected to external screens and the camera is covered, but Look still tries to activate the camera. I'd just as well turn it off as well as the avatar portrait since it takes up valuable screen real-estate, but it doesn't save the settings between recordings.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

Simpler to use, less recording limitations than Screencastify.

Jeff from Logan City School District

FREE For Educators for LIFE

Though I have had some teachers with issues, and feel the support is slow, I have only had good experiences with Loom.

Pros

Loom is great. Easy to use extension. Great desktop app. I love how as soon as I am done with my video, it is automatically copied into my clipboard and is ready to be pasted. Really awesome screen recording service.

Cons

We use this district wide. Often, we have issues that come up. The Loom team seems overwhelmed. They are very slow to respond if they decide to respond.

Jason from Brigham Young University - Idaho

Feedback Mecca

I love working with zoom and posting feedback as a link quickly through my LMS or email.

Pros

The ability to use the extension to quickly capture my screen and voice to provide feedback to students on their submissions. The URL is copied and ready to be pasted wherever you need it in the LMS, email reply, or whatever!

Cons

Sometimes the system logs me out and I cannot get back in through the extension and have to reinstall it. In addition, by default it runs on all pages versus when clicked which breeds trouble when using dev tools or other tools in which you see lnt or loom styling and general infiltration. The other issue is not being able to delete older videos with ease using a multi-select. I must dump them into a folder and then delete the contents of that folder. Cannot multi-select delete with ease.

workflow was increased

Andrew from Luhhu

Easy to use web recorder

Easy to use and generally has all the features I need. I'm happy!

Pros

After using another tool, switching the Loom has been great. The interface looks great and you can be recording a video within seconds of opening the app. Once done, it's already uploading the in background without you needing to do anything.

Cons

It could do with easier options for quickly editing your video - that would make my life easier for creating content for Youtube.

Reasons for Switching to Loom

It's a lot easier to use.

Clark from Keller Williams

Saves time by not writing emails!!

Pros

In my role, I provide a lot of tech support and training to real estate agents. I receive dozens of emails daily on the "how-tos" or "fix this" variety. Loom allows me to provide an empowering response in a fraction of the time it would take me to type out fruitless text.

Cons

It's amazing and the Loom team is building out features rapidly. A direct Gmail integration would be fabulous to where we could quickly embed "favorite" videos, sort of like a template. Also, allowing the possibility for the comment section below to be more engaging. Chat-bot type engagement.

Alfonso from EXP Realty

The value is incredible!

I love, love, love this tool and recommend it often to others in my field.

Pros

It's so easy to access and use from your browser and email.

Cons

The way people leave comments on the loom pages doesn't always make its way back into my inbox.

Easy of use

Ty from Everything Digital Marketing

Couldn't Run My Remote Company Without It

Pros

The ability to explain and have the human touch with my employees and customers from anywhere at anytime. Having tech to shoot a quick video over typing out a long email is invaluable. I also love the ability to shoot a video while I'm able to show my screen as it's really important for me!

Cons

Honestly nothing I really love the product and use it all the time.

Deepthi from Phenompeople

Power full weapon for Testers

Loom is used as a barrier in between the onsite and offsite working people.Which is making to understand the problems and also providing solutions to the problems.

Pros

- The main thing I have liked on the loom is the 3 options Screen+cam , Screen only and Cam only ,which is very helpful for preparing a proof during and after validation with explanation and we can change the 3 options according when required. - Micro phone Audio : This is also useful ,this will help when we want to send the recordings to onsite people with explanation. - Before I have used a tool for recording that is not useful for recording other tabs , but this is very useful recording all the tabs which we are accessing. -User Friendly

Cons

- Use photo for screen only . - I found that we are getting a notification who are accessing the video.The notification shows the names of only who have loom account.

Jennifer from Kaneland High School

Education

Pros

Cons

I think it is difficult to cut the video.

Ease of use

Younes from Haykal Media

Industry: Publishing

If you are indieHacker looking to make explainer use it

I used the software mostly via its Chrome extension to make some explainer or walk-throughs videos for my clients. so far it is excellent tool to do such jobs.

Pros

the niche of this software itself is the most thing I like about it. If you are looking for tool to make a professional review or give a throughout feedback or walk-through videos for your nascent product or your trainees or employees... I doubt will find any better solution than Loom to do so.

Cons

I didn't counter any serious issues yet, but I notice the performance of its Chrome extension strongly affected by any interruptions in the internet connection.

client demand

Adam from Friday Media Group Limited

Industry: Publishing

The perfect screen recording tool

The overall experience has been fantastic, most of the product and development team have adapted to aid bug reporting.

Pros

Ease of use to both record and share screen recordings

Henry from Simpleview

Loom is better than other providers

Pros

Easy to use. There are trimming tools. The best feature I like is that the URL is generated IMMEDIATELY

Cons

The stand-alone software is a little buggy.

Space

Mike from CustomerHub

Awesome tool! Essential for customer service.

Pros

It's simple user friendly UI makes it easy and quickly make a video for clients or staff.

Cons

It would be great to customize the URL or make a shortened URL.

Kate from Forbes Elementary

Industry: Libraries

The greatest way to make a video

I think this is a great product. It is user friendly, and easy for parents and students to watch videos as I make them. Learning a lot of new software at once was a challenge, but I appreciate that Loom was easy to use and I was able to get started quickly so I could continue my library lessons.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. It is very easy to figure out how to make a video and save and share. I love that all my videos are easy to find and the link to copy is right there. There was a very small learning curve when we had to jump right in and use this product during distance learning.

Al from Madison High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Loom is a great product

Pros

I can record my voice with my screen capture so my students can rewatch my lecture if they were in class and didn't understand everything or watch my lecture if they were absent.

Cons

I would like it to be integrated into Microsoft products, such as OneNote, but the way it works now is good.

Nicole from Pipefy

Amazing!

I have literally nothing to complain. Amazing.

Pros

Loom is amazing. As a customer support analyst, I need to help the users to get along with the features and help them understand what is going on. Sometimes it is hard to explain it written, by chat, so I use loom to record a video from my screen and show them what I am doing and also speak to the user. I find it amazing that I can record with microphone, camera or not, and I don’t need to upload the video, I just send them the URL. My customers are very pleased with this tool as well, and it has been a hand on a wheel to me.

Cons

The only thing that could improve is that when we make a mistake in the video we have to delete and start over, there is no way to delete “a little bit” and continue. But overall, it is AMAZING, really!

Roger from Century 21 Allstars

Changed my status on Facebook to IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH LOOM :)

Phenomenal.

Pros

The title of my review says it all. Loom is crucial to my business as my staff works remotely and the functionality and ease of the product are crucial to my daily business.

Cons

I usually have something to say here, but I genuinely can't think of anything at the moment.

Olivia from Ranker

Time saving tool!

What a pleasant discovery this software has been. I can't stress how important it is to save time during busy days and Loom has helped a lot with that!

Pros

Hands down, this software is an excellent time saver. I introduced Loom to my boss who constantly has people coming in and out of his office to chat. Rather than waiting on someone to read a message and come in, he can simply record a quick video and email it in half the time. Since you can show your screen as well as your face, you don't lose the ability to see what exactly the recorder is communicating.

Cons

I've yet to run into any issues with Loom. We love using it amongst our team.

José from Collaborative for Educational Services

Makes my job easier!

We have a educators all across our state who appreciate seeing rather than reading how to address technical glitches, build their skills in our platform, and see new features we are highlighting. Loom has provided us with the tools to do more quickly and simply.

Pros

Loom's software is easy to install and use. In my role I need quick and simple and Loom provides just that. All of my clients appreciate the easy access of the vides I send.

Cons

Currently my use of tLoom is focused on short screen recordings to demonstrate actions in our Learning Management System, so for short bursts of information the software has no cons at all.

Ateeq from Albany Analytics, LLC

An easy and affordable video capture tool

A fantastic tool to get for a consultant who deals with a lot of data

Pros

I was allowed to use it for free without hindrance for a while. There was no sales pitches apart from providing great service all around.

Cons

Nothing yet. I think the download option is probably not needed.