All Loom Reviews

Janice

2 - 10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2022

Great video recording tool for a start

Sara

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Easiest way to cut down on meetings and create tutorials!

Overall it's been amazing, I started on the free account then when I realized how much time it was saving me (with making tutorials for a remote team) it was an easy decision to start paying for it. They also roll out new features so I feel they really listen to feedback.

PROS

I love how easy it is to use, even if you are not tech-savvy it's easy to use. It's easy to organize my recordings with folders and share them with team members and clients. It saves me so much time by creating short screen recordings versus having to have a meeting. It's also low-cost compared to other software solutions.

CONS

I have no cons for it, I think it's great. Even the free account offers a lot.

Reasons for switching to Loom

I felt loom offered way more than what I was currently using and it would grow with me.

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Loom is the original and still the best by leaps and bounds.

From using the free version when they first released their product, to now paying for the professional version, I am constantly impressed. It is a vital part of how we provide support to our clients.

PROS

After trying every other option out there, from Bonjoro, Vimeo Record, and Dropbox Capture, desktop software like Snagit and Camtasia, and other similar pieces of software, Loom stands head and shoulders above all of them. It is simple to record, the video is uploaded quickly, the processing is ridiculously fast, the editing is faster than I have seen and it does what it says on the box.

CONS

Sometimes the webcam and the sound is a little out of sync.

Reasons for switching to Loom

I wanted something simple and effective that didn't slow down responses and that the recipient didn't really have to think.

Reviewed March 2023

Seemingly great platform - inconsistent and minimal customer service responsiveness

Frustrating and a waste of time. Tried to reach customer tech support and avoid subscription cancellation, requested escalation - Nothing. Invested two weeks trouble shooting, waiting, moving on to other part so a project, waiting, then, something else doesn't work, now - recording uploading for over 12 hrs - and no customer response despite 3-4 tickets over 6 days. I'm done. Good luck to all...

PROS

Potential - Current project requires Loom proposed functionality

CONS

After completing first project tasks..* No Cam/Screen in dropdown menu- no customer service response* Next, no cap when recording slide, no playback video recorded* Next, moved to different browser - now have cam/screen* Next, nothing - still uploading - 12 hours later* Created over 4 tickets in 6 days - one acknowledgment, before additional 3 tickets over 4 days

Reason for choosing Loom

I was excited at it's apparent ease of use, quality, but, regrettably, it was recommended

Emanuela

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Excellent tool for any industry you are in!

Positive under all aspects I am very looking forward to attend the next webinar so I can have a better training on how to use its features for our new website launch!

PROS

I started using this app with the free trial. I use it on daily basis since I work a lot with customer service and it is much easier a very short video explaining any process. Everything is automated! The system will just cut pauses and provide title and description of the video with AI features. You receive notification real time from who watched the video. Among colleagues is also useful. Instead of creating manuals and long books explaining all process/rules in place you can just use Loom to show a new trainee how's the job and what he/she should be doing. As remote worker for an international company this has been a game changer. Even when I am off/away my colleague can go to the library of training and see how it is done. Absolutely brilliant app! I am happy to have now the subscription so I can extend the use of AI features.

CONS

There is nothing really I did not like about loom so far. I am happy with it, and will attend also webinars

Reason for choosing Loom

It appeared to be the best on the market, so I gave it a try starting with the free trial, now my company has a subscription

Rony Peterson

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2022

A very simple and easy tool for screen recording

Loom is a good tool to make screen records and videos and upload automatically the videos without any command from the maker. For that, it is very handful to manage many videos. The price is very cheap and accomplishes the most basic needs for screen recording.

PROS

It is incredibly easy to make screen recordings and videos with this software. Also, there is no problem with worrying about uploading the videos because Loom does this without any action.

CONS

For its simplicity, some features are not so relevant for the users because they are on the desktop without the need for any software.

Reason for choosing Loom

Because the cheap price and the recommendations from other users.

Reasons for switching to Loom

For trying other alternatives and using new platforms.

Keith

Information Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Excellent tool for team collaboration, training and documentation

I have saved many hours of time making revisions or asking for better explanations in email when troubleshooting with a remote client. We also use this for step by step tutorials for our in house documentation. We record what we are doing and embed the video with written documentation in Notion. You can play it right from within the Notion page, which is great!

PROS

It is so easy to record your screen while you talk and you can do it from anywhere.

CONS

The only thing I wish it had were the ability to remove the controls from the bottom of the screen while recording.

Reason for choosing Loom

Loom is cheaper and does the job well even with the free version. It also wins over Vimeo since they have an app and don't have to run it as a Chrome exension.

Internet, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Easy to use screen capture

Overall, I love how I can make a video on my PC and share the link for others to see within secs

PROS

This is so easy to deploy to capture screenshots on PC, can make videos too

CONS

Doesn't record for long the video cast. No more than 5 mins

Reasons for switching to Loom

Starting a software to do screen recording is cumbersome

Kiranjit

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

The effective way to record our screen with Loom

PROS

The most amazing thing that I would like to share is that it's easy to use, access and make recording without facing any trouble. It optimism my work time. I hardly recommend others to use loom for their professional work.

CONS

I feel like their is nothing an negative but it's little bit different to understand the whole technical things to work with.

Emma

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2024

A great tool for sharing information and inspiration

PROS

Really easy and integrates well with my Mac desktop and laptop

CONS

I'm unsure about the security of the recordings. If there is confidential information on my screen when I record it, I don't know how safe that info is.

Paulette

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2023

Good connection and easy screen integration for meetings

I would recommend Loom for meetings

PROS

It was easy to share screen and integrate various forms of communication during group calls

CONS

I do not have any negative feedback about Loom

Kirstie

Consumer Services, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Loom Review

PROS

I love that you are able to create videos & record what you are doing on your screen while you are speaking. I also like that you are able to use closed captioning as well!

CONS

Nothing to dislike! I enjoy using Loom to collaborate with clients on Upwork.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Awesome tutorial Maker!

It has been an amazing experience using and learning via Loom.

PROS

1. It's easy to use 2. It makes creating tutorials easy.3. The voice recording feature is amazing as you can direct the viewers. 4. Creating an account helps view all the videos created by people in the same organization.5. It has an easy-to-learn interface. 6. It is well-designed and easily useable.

CONS

1. Downloading the created videos is at times hard.2. The time limit on recording at times makes it hard to create complex videos. 3.

Reason for choosing Loom

It was more intuitive and easy to learn.

Csaba

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Awesome app that helps you boost your communication with clients

PROS

Very easy to use and pretty reliable. The competitors offer lower quality in general while working with Loom feels like a professional tool. I really like the core concept and it works perfectly: just hit record on your desktop and when you are done, it's already on the cloud and ready to be sent in an email or Slack message. I use Loom whenever I need to add clarity to the files I'm sending. When I send designs to clients or team mates, I'll make them watch a Loom recording so that they get the full picture. However, I discovered more and more cases to use Loom - pretty much whenever an email is not enough to get the message across.

CONS

There were some minor flaws with the tool but recently (in the last year) I didn't really experience any bugs or issues with the connection. I guess the only thing they could improve is to hide the avatar/video by default since if I don't want to record myself using the camera, I don't see a lot of point in having my avatar visible in the bottom-left corner. I need to get rid of that each time I launch the tool.

Reasons for switching to Loom

Because I had to record and upload the videos separately. Quicktime provides great quality, but I needed to use Youtube so that I can share it with the recipients. No read notifications, the process is slower and more time-consuming and I completely spammed my youtube account with random work-related videos.

Debbie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2023

Loom from a Person who is not techie

Inefficient or ineffective communication and collaboration.Difficulty in creating video content.Inadequate or unreliable real-time notifications.Inadequate or unreliable mobile access.BenefitsImproves communication and collaboration by allowing for clear and concise sharing of information and feedback.Enhances user experience and increases productivity with flexible and convenient access.Streamlines video creation and editing.

PROS

Easy-to-use screen recording and video creation.Real-time notifications.Mobile access.Screen capture and audio capture.Screen sharing.Video editing.Improves communication and collaboration.

CONS

Potential technical limitations and need for reliable network connection.Potential limitations of the video creation, notification, and editing platforms.Potential investment in technology and training.Pricing Comparison to Other Services:Loom has a free basic version with limited features and paid premium versions with more features. It is important to compare Loom's pricing and features with those of other similar services to determine the best value for money.

Benn

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Loom - a simple way to make tutorials

Loom is an excellent tool to collaborate with your team, since you can describe the steps of a procedure for some software or some complex task, I like that you can combine recording your screen and at the same time using the camera, Loom is practical and its interface It is intuitive, it does not require much time to know how to use it and can be share easy with a link.

PROS

What I could emphasize the most is that Loom is very simple to use; it is a software that does not take up much screen space, it is unobtrusive, and you can select the plugin on any screen and record what I am doing; it also has the ability to turn the microphone on and off as needed. It is considerably more useful than written instructions to teach how to execute a task or administer a computer because I can create tutorials.

CONS

While I like how simple the desktop app is, I wish loom had more options for video editing.

Loom is easier to use

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

The days of using screenshots to tell a story are over

I use both the desktop app and browser extension to record videos from my desktop. Being in the IT business, I am constantly taking screenshots to explain things to my clients and my own team. Loom ended that because their easy-to-use screen recording software makes screenshots redundant. The free version limits you to 5 min recordings, but the business option allows longer recordings and team folders where shared recordings can be accessed. Once you have taken a recording, you can easily copy the URL and share it with internal and external people or embed it in a website, knowledge base or email. Recipients can comment on the video if you dont disable that feature and Loom shows metrics about views. Loom is super helpful for communicating ideas with people and is much faster and more effective than typing. Its also a great communication aid for remote teams.

PROS

Loom is a great way to make and share short video messages (talking head and screenshare). It is super helpful to explain complicated ideas to colleagues and clients in a far more effective and efficient way than typing long emails and pasting in screenshots. If I was able, I would use Loom to review Loom.

CONS

Video editing options (post recording) are limited but Loom are adding features regularly

Thomas

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Face to face human interactions in a time of remote work and hybrid work

Great experience, it allows me and my team to quickly share knowledge "face-to-face" anytime anyplace. We love the human, seeing someone's face, aspect.

PROS

The chrome plugin is awesome as it provides easy access to Loom to make on the fly recordings, videos and step by step walk throughs to share with my team or clients.

CONS

Even though the Plugin is great, it can freeze my browser for up to 10 seconds to load and then another few seconds to start recording. After creating a video, a personal dislike for myself, is managing permissions is not intuitive and a little confusing when I want to share certain videos and permissions with different stakeholders inside and outside my organisation.

Recommendation from a friend

Reviewed July 2023

Loom unlocks the new level of video-supported marketing and sales.

Loves it!

PROS

apart from outstanding software solutions and technical features, I was very impressed with the support team. I had a few issues with managing the team members and admins and billing on Loom and I absolutely loved the customer support experience, everything was handled quickly and the team made me feel confident they will do everything to solve our case.

CONS

I believe there could be additional options for securing the content when sharing it with clients/partners, to ensure data privacy.

Arnaud

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

I cannot live without Loom for asynchronous work

Overall, Loom is my go-to software that I probably paid the longest without any interruption. In my stack, it's of the tools I use the most. Loom is perfect for asynchronous work/conversations to save time on meeting in my opinion.

PROS

What I like the most about Loom is its ease-of-use. In 5 minutes, you can record a video and share it. It's the best tool out there for asynchronous work. I use it for my team but also for sales prospecting and product updates.

CONS

The software can be buggy at times even if you have all the recent updates set up. I also wasn't a big fan of the AI generated summary. I think they can make a better use of AI.

Herman