• icon"It has a lot of integrations that help me to quickly make an update about my day to share with my team. It saves me a lot of time and makes my focus points available for my team."
  • icon"The product is incredibly easy to use, and my team members have really jumped right in. It's a really clean, useful, fun way to collaborate with each other."
  • icon"They're frequently adding new features, the design and functionality is extremely intuitive, and they have outstanding customer service."
  • icon"The UX of Objectives is difficult to navigate and we are still finding new easter eggs hidden as we explore it more."
  • icon"I think sometimes the integrations with GitHub, JIRA, and Google Calendar give questionable suggestions."
  • icon"It's still a little bit difficult to understand how to set goals and such."

All Range Reviews

The easiest way to support agile, remote work and workers

The company itself is great. I appreciate the outreach and support that we've gotten so far. And as I mentioned above, it streamlines a lot of the very manual check-in processes that we used to use. Adoption is growing exponentially, which feels like an overall success for me.

Pros

We're an incredibly distributed team. Over 50 people spread across three continents and a dozen different sites. Range helps me set shared objectives for my team and then gives me a view of what people are working on. I love that it ties updates to goals, and that it surfaces blockers and concerns in an easily digestible way. The additional questions that create trust and shared understanding are icing on the cake.

Cons

It's very G-Suite centered. That worked well at my previous company where we were deeply embedded within the Google ecosystem. It's a bit more challenging in a Microsoft tools world (Office, Sharepoint, Outlook). Not impossible, but it does require a bit more work.

Response from Range

Thanks so much for the feedback Andrew - we've got more integrations underway, so stay tuned.

Franz

Nice Approach to OKR's

Great, Customer service on point and the help articles keep it KISS oriented.

Pros

I think the way it's organized. It's pretty clear where to get things done. At the end of the day you've got to understand the OKR philosophy to make any of these OKR saas offerings to make sense. If you do understand OKR then range really flows as an organic extension of that philosophy. I love the meeting features and especially the 1:1 s as well The culture feature is something I have always looked for from fan OKR solution and Range nails it both with emojis and and org questions to foster a winning culture even if your team is remote.

Cons

Some of the integrations require webhooks which may be totally necessary but do reduce my user experience a bit.

Reasons for choosing Range

A mixture of bang for the buck and what my company needs at this point in time

Reasons for switching to Range

The user interface at Range was more appealing and the flow of how my team thinks is a better fit with Range

Response from Range

Franz, thank you so much for your very thoughtful review and feedback of Range. Lots of encouragement for the team. If ever you're up for connecting to share more of yours and your team's experience with Range I would love to chat!

Replied April 2020

Ruth

Industry: Market Research

Ome of the best communication resorces I have been provided

Over all, as an end user only, this program is one I like and find to be useful to being able to do my job.

Pros

The ability to connect and network quickly and easily with my team.

Cons

Some things are buried so deeply that they are time consuming to access. Also, while having the capability to pick up a phone from multiple platforms is nice, having a call ring in on one platform while I am trying to dial out on another has proven problematic for me.

Response from Range

Hi, Ruth. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with Range here. I hope some of the updates we're working on make Range an even better tool for your team.

Philip

Industry: Online Media

Range is the tool we were missing!

Overall, it's been really incredible. We've gone from boring, under-utilized, lacking stand-ups in Slack to using a tool multiple times a day. We're engaging with each other and appreciating our peers. It's been fantastic!

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use, and my team members have really jumped right in. It's a really clean, useful, fun way to collaborate with each other. Range provides an intelligent way to perform our daily stand-ups. The Range team has been awesome to engage with, and was open to hear my feedback and ideas. It's hard to say what I like most, as it is such a huge improvement over the other tools we tried to use before. All in all, the best aspects are the development of team culture and progress of cohesion and collaboration which Range encourages.

Cons

This is hard, because the developers and designers have done an excellent job with this product. One thing is that we work across time zones as well as weekends. My team members who work on Saturday receive the Monday check-in question "How was your weekend?".

Reasons for switching to Range

We also used just Slack threads. It just wasn't working with either of these tools.

Response from Range

Hi, Philip. Thank you so much for this great feedback! We're really happy to hear that you're enjoying Range so much and that it is providing real value for your team. Would love to connect and learn more about your experience with Range so far if you can find the time.

Replied May 2020

Adam

Range is the easiest way to stay in sync with your remote team

Pros

It was dead simple to set up and the Slack integration made it an immediate natural extension of our team's daily workflow!

Cons

The UX of Objectives is difficult to navigate and we are still finding new easter eggs hidden as we explore it more. I'm really interested in using Objectives as a lightweight replacement for tools like TeamGantt but it's not _quite_ there yet.

Reasons for switching to Range

I haven't used 15five for years but some at our company still do. Range was so lightweight compared to 15five that it fit our team's needs immediately. Simple, beautiful, and awesome Slack integration.

Response from Range

Really appreciate your feedback in this review, Adam. Thank you! Would be great to connect and hear any more feedback you might have and see how we can continue improving Range for you and your team.

Replied May 2020

Alex

Ruthless Efficiency Making Way For Human Connection

Amazing. It enhanced our stand ups and team dynamic. I think it really helped our team get to know each other outside of team events and had us interacting as people daily, instead of cogs in a corporate machine. Although, I think this requires a pretty healthy environment for it to work; stand ups are about honesty and if the work environment is tense due to team members disliking each other, or a manager who micro-manages and is doing everyone's job for them, this can quickly become a tool of tyranny.

Pros

The daily personal question. It, in drastic hyperbole, humanizes your team mates since I feel like sometimes people see each other as not even though we give it our best go. This happening daily was a good reinforcer of that.

Cons

I think sometimes the integrations with GitHub, JIRA, and Google Calendar give questionable suggestions. If you say, forget to put an update sometimes it'll give you suggestions from the week, but a few times due to shenanigans I sometimes get suggestions from months ago.

Response from Range

So happy to learn about the improvements Range has been able to help you and your team make. Thank you, Alex, for taking the time to share your very thoughtful feedback! As we continue to develop Range, please do continue letting us know where we can improve.

Noel

Business productivity

Provided me with better management visibility over my achievements, task list, and plans; allowed for heightened collaboration on our work lists and projects

Pros

Am not the most organized person so am always on the lookout for in integrated tool that my team may also use and collaborate on. Range is the first solution that meets my needs after nearly 30 years of working.

Cons

Online tutorials based on functions would be of great help to newbies

Intuitive UX. Better collaboration

Response from Range

Thank you, Noel, for sharing this feedback. Really happy to hear that you're finding value and real benefits in using Range. And we'll be working on tutorials!

Replied June 2020

Ben

A daily drumbeat for my team

Range has made my team feel less lonely, and it's allowed me to understand the individuals on it better. By helping to establish a communicative process, it made transitioning to being a remote team easier. It's well designed and easy to use. Not every team member feels comfortable answering its emotional questions, and not everything is perfect for our use, but I'm very glad it's become a daily part of our routine.

Pros

Range makes it incredibly easy to stay on top of what my team is doing - and what they're feeling. Particularly during the remote coronavirus lockdown, this has become invaluable. It's a simple way to help everyone understand what's going on across the team.

Cons

The meeting feature is good, but not quite right for us. We ended up customizing the idea and running it out of a Google Doc for a little more flexibility. I'd love to see more customization here.

Response from Range

Thank you, Ben, for your feedback. It's great to hear that you are getting real value from Range and that it's helping you all during this time. And we're continuing to look at how we can improve all of our features, so thanks for the feedback on meetings!

Clean and awesome UI for powering Max efficiency

Our team saves so much time from daily stand ups, half hour for each member * 8, 4 hr a day dev time back to our hands! that's huge improvement if you are looking to have more efficient communications!

Pros

UI is very easy to use and super cool workflows and takes mins to adopt. Great integrations with calendar, JIRA, Github and slacks, drag and drop to populate very detailed status updates.

Cons

Some of the settings are little bit hidden, rarely we need to remove a user, so it can use some improvements.

Response from Range

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback! Really glad you're liking Range and that it's providing real value to your team. If you're up for sharing additional feedback with us, I'd love to chat.

Keep connected with the Pleco Team in a Virtual world

I enjoyed it. Perfect way to connect with members of the team you have never met in person or whom you never worked with. Get insight on what other projects are going on at the company.

Pros

Made reporting updates fun and easy...good way to see what other members of the team were doing on a day to day basis.

Cons

Going in every day, became tedious on some days.

Response from Range

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback here, John. I hope some of our upcoming updates make Range even more valuable to you and your team.

Daniela

Industry: Facilities Services

A happy user of Range

Very happy to have Range in my working process.

Pros

It solves all the problems of daily stand-up. It's easy to track the history, interact with colleagues, and give me reminders for future tasks.

Cons

I use Range as my first step in my daily work and I write down my daily check-in with it. The only thing I would like to complain is I have to click the "daily check-in" in the menu rather than the screen pops up in my view at the first stage.

Response from Range

Hi, Daniela! We wanted to say thank you for using Range and for taking the time to share your feedback here. We will continue making improvements Range, so please continue to let us know if there are improvements you would like to see.

Daniela

Keep your team aligned

I've been using this for over a year, almost two, and I've been satisfied with how it's growing. I think it's a great product to keep your day in check and keep your team aligned.

Pros

Cons

It's still a little bit difficult to understand how to set goals and such. It's a good feature, but I feel like it needs more work to make it more simple.

Response from Range

Daniela, thanks so much for sharing this feedback here. I hope some of our work on our Objectives feature makes it easier for you and the team to get up and running there.

Jessica

Great For Keeping Virtual Teams Connected

We were needing to do quick priority check-ins each day with our team, but doing it on a zoom call just took so much time. Instead of doing a 10 minute check-in, we ended up spending 45 minutes on a call. This heps us serve the same purpose but taking less time, and making it easy for people to also reference back to your priorities throughout the day.

Pros

I love that it helps our team members keep each other in the loop about the priorities we have for the day, and that is super each to check in directly from slack or in range itself. But I think my favorite feature is the unique questions that it asks each day. Our team has learned so many new things about each other that probably would not have come up in conversation any other way.

Cons

The only thing I wish is that you could do a company-wide check-in, as well as smaller team check ins as well.

Response from Range

Hi, Jessica! Really appreciate this amazing feedback you've shared. It's great to learn that Range is saving your team so much time and making a difference for you all. I'd love to chat with you about you and your team's experience using Range and how you've been using it if you find some time in the near future.

Tom

Helps keep everyone in the loop!

Overall have a very good experience and use it every day. Recommend for companies that have a lot of remote workers.

Pros

- The ability to get an overview on what everyone is doing - being able to run meetings and take notes effectively - lets you prioritize your day as you are doing your checkin

Cons

- the notes and topics section when doing a meeting can be a little confusing. We edit the topic, but it wont save it as a note unless you add a note. I find that extra step unnecessary and it could be more streamlined.

Response from Range

Thank you, Tom, for sharing your feedback with us (especially for the note on meetings).

Adam

Range has range!

Pros

Having an easy way to post daily standup updates, rollup in single posts, and have cross-team groups has been really nice. When I want to keep my team updated while I'm in meetings, I can post my Range update or suggest that the team use Range instead of a daily meeting. Having the daily sentiment updates is neat to have, since we can post if we're feeling a bit down or simply happy.

Cons

There are a lot of additional features that I don't take advantage of that much (meetings, OKRs), which I feel that I pay for in addition to core features I use. I have used them in the past with success, but doesn't always roll-up to how I report and depends on participation from the team.

Response from Range

Hi there, Adam! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with Range here. I do hope you and the team start exploring more of Range in the near future.

Noreen

Digital Checkin

With the new normal and things going digital, it helped me stay connected with the team. I also had fun answering the random questions.

Pros

It integrates with Google and I do not have to retype what happened and plans. It also asks questions that allows you to get to know the team and see at a glance how other team member feels.

Cons

I have not explored much. But I wanted to customize the questions.

Reasons for switching to Range

This was a decision made by my superior.

Response from Range

Hi, Noreen. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Range. It's great to learn that it's been making a difference on your team.

Pattie

Industry: Information Services

I like using it, not sure I would pay for it

I love the questions and I talk about them with my colleagues who don't use Range often.

Pros

- the reminders to use it - the integration with google calendar (I used to have to reference several tabs to build these lists) - the team question every day

Cons

- don't understand the meeting function so well, I think a better understanding of how I could use it would help - it creates less friction to a task my team would do anyway but I'm not sure the slight reduction in friction is worth paying for

Response from Range

Thanks very much for the feedback. We have some updated information about best practices running meetings, on Help Center, but will look to develop more walk throughs so you can understand how to make the most of the meetings feature. We'd also be able to happy to walk you though it through it if you connect with us through the Intercom customer support channel.

Kevin