(1,577)

1,577

• Pros

• "I love how easy it is to use. I love that you can contact almost anybody and the feature even lets you hide your number so no one can see it. It is very user friendly and a nice layout . "

• "I like that it is very easy to use and it has a lot of free stickers. The group and channel features are also great!"

• "It is simple and complete, it it very easy to use and also able to handle files, pictures, documents withi it. Splendid"

• Cons

• "There could be more customization and more material design. The app customization that it does have is a bit hard to use for those that do t know Hexham coding.. Other than that its great."

• "There are not much drawbacks in this app. Except. sometimes it's difficult to send several files at once. Other than that, there's nothing wrong about the app for me."

• "they can add some extra functions like whatsapp or viber...in some options they are not greatful like others."

Browse Telegram Reviews

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Telegram is one of the best secure messaging applications

Telegram has always been a great option for communication within our teams thanks to its simple integrations with different software development workflows through its various APIs. The bot API came in especially useful when we were trying to build a commit notification workflow for AWS CodeCommit.

Pros

Telegram is one of the few messaging platforms that boasted end-to-end encryption before the big names like WhatsApp and Viber jumped on the bandwagon. Telegram has always been touted as the 'secure' messaging option and it lives up to its name. It also provides a great deal of useful integration features via its bot and channel APIs. Telegram has always been blazing fast, and has never lagged except during outages caused by malicious activity.

Cons

The theming community on Telegram has dropped off lately, with people having to create their own custom themes for Telegram. The secure nature of Telegram also tends to attract groups that aren't the best in terms of legal activity.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Slack hides most of its useful features behind a paywall while Telegram is completely free.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

One of the main reasons we switched was due to the lack of integration options that WhatsApp provided as opposed to Telegram which had many.

the app that makes life easier

Telegram is a simple app with an intuitive design that would not confuse new users. It allowed me to keep in touch with a large group of contacts and colleagues without having to think about the protection of my results. It's difficult to admit, but my friends are all beginning to delete this program due to the disadvantages of receiving a large number of spam messages. I used to enjoy and use this app all the time, but it has now becoming my alternate go-to app. Overall, I hope Telegram will improve it in the future.

Pros

Creating communities and platforms is easy and straightforward, and there are no limitations on the posts, images, or videos that can be shared. Telegram does not impose any size restrictions on the files that are sent, which is very handy. Another significant advantage is its reception potential when forming public or private groups. You can add how many people you want. Also, Telegram has a high form of protection that accesses any message received from the app, which is a significant criterion for us to be able to use it as a business contact tool. The app has nice and exclusive animated stickers, as well as the ability to create more without having to use a third-party app. This makes a conversation feel more lively and enjoyable. The final statement I'd like to make is that Telegram is completely secure. There are no secret fees.

Cons

I will write a few dislikes that I want to change even though it has good features. Sometimes it is taking so much time to reach many other users when sending any file, video, or photo. There is a function that allows you to make changes to a text that has already been submitted and received. Allowing these changes may be disastrous for a critical discussion. Despite the fact that the Telegram app is famous and is used by thousands of people all over the world, you could use it as your phone's key and primary feature. It does not allow you to submit several files. One of the best features of the telegram is that it helps you to transfer big and heavy files; however, it does not permit you to pick and send several files at once; instead, each file must be chosen and sent simultaneously.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Some features of the telegram were not available in WhatsApp. I preferred telegram because of the comfort.

Jorge from Micro Focus

The new way of communication that prevails the privacy

The best experience so far. I will always choose Telegram over any other application. It have worked amazing for me, and I hope

Pros

Privacy for me as a software developer is very important, Telegram is very known to be one of the most secured free messaging application in the market. As well Telegram team have been doing incredible leaps on creating amazing features that makes telegram very unique compared to other platforms. Some amazing features of telegram is the ability to send audios/videos from just one click, and I think it is a more immersive experience of messaging. The many extra little features like their gifs and stickers slowly starts to add up to make it a great software. As well having a native computer application makes messaging amazing.

Cons

So far I will lie that something has no been at the top level of the messaging software there is available. For me telegram have been the best of a free messaging application. What I'm mostly missing is all my friends to migrate from their other platforms to Telegram

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

All their features and most importantly for the privacy issues the other products were having we decided on telegram which encrypts everything.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Privacy problems from Whatsapp.

Telegram Needs a Lot of Work to be an Elite Messenger App

It honestly feels like a task to open this software up each day and I always have all the negative aspects on the top of my mind every time because I feel Telegram doesn't really care about their users or they'd rebuild the entire software in a way that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, scam/spam free, extra features and with easy support and training. Right now the main reasons I use this software are because all my cryptocurrency family uses it and there's some vendors I work with. Other than that, it nearly gives me a panic attack opening this software daily.

Pros

All my cryptocurrency members and family are using this app which is the main reason I started using it in the first place. It has good marketplace features. It has great privacy options and the ability to call users. I like creating groups and managing them within this app. Bots can help the business a lot and sometimes I do find legit vendors that are great to work with.

Cons

There are many things this software needs to do to improve itself. First, navigation is HORRIBLE!! It's so impossibly difficult to navigate through all the groups and personal chats to find relevant chats. Some of which were buried for weeks and I didn't even realize it. How about some sort of organizing feature? This alone NEEDS TO HAPPEN or I will look elsewhere for a better chatting software. Second, there are sooooo many scams and fake accounts on this app that I seriously wonder how many people have lost money here or had their lives wrecked. I for one have already lost thousands of dollars in scams that I thought would be legit vendors. Turns out, they just shut down their account and start a new one... Tried to contact support about this but... where is support? Shouldn't it be easy to get support help on this software, especially after they tried to raise $1B+ for cryptocurrency token? Comon... this should be the FIRST thing in any business. Users, how can we determine who is fake and who isn't? Some of my groups have sooo many spam/scammers posting shill's that I literally had to hire someone to create a bot to ban the spammers for me. And managing my own groups, I can only see so far down the list of who is in the group? Why can't I see everybody?? I want to contact each group member and it only shows a fraction of them. It's not visually appealing or easy to navigate. It feels like a software built in the early 2000's to be honest.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Because everybody in crypto seems to like Telegram, easy to find similar minds in the space in other groups and Discord is geared towards gamers.

Syahadah from Telekom Malaysia

Secure messages with Telegram

It is easy, light and very simple interface to use. It can support many type of file and keep the original files size and not compress it or reducing the file quality when sending it. All the feature offered by Telegram is very suitable for us to use it as another communication platform for our business.

Pros

Telegram has a good security to encrypt every message sent out from this application and it is quite important criteria for us to able to use it as one of our communication platform to conduct our business. It has no limitation on file and video size that can be sent using this software.

Cons

The account created in Telegram is always paired with phone number, it will became a problem when i am loosing ownership of my phone number and it will be impossible to get back my account without the original phone number. An option to paired it to the email account should help fixing this problem.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

WhatsApp has a problem in user privacy and we are very disturbed by that.

Ali from Azerex

Super Messenger with many useful features

Telegram is more than just a messenger, you can post and take photos like Twitter and Instagram, posts like channels on blogs and sites, and subscribe to different people. Your channel also can chat, voice and video chat, and finally. Everything is available for personal and even commercial use

Pros

Creating groups and channels is very simple and practical, there are no restrictions on the content of content, photos, and videos. Cloud space is unlimited and there are no restrictions on file storage. It is possible to send long videos, photos, and images in original size as well as large files. The possibility of creating an ID is very good and I can share my telegram ID with others instead of my phone number. I like voice and video calls as well as the possibility of voice messaging. In general, everything is good on Telegram.

Cons

All you have to do is register with your phone number, as it would have been much better if you could have registered with LinkedIn, Email, Facebook and Gmail. Also, the ability to separate and categorize groups, channels, and users in different tabs should be added so that they do not all overlap. If you do not use the account in a period of time , everything will be deleted, which must be notified via email before deleting the account and the channel.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Channels and group creation facilities are very useful that we wanted users to refer to our ads and subscribe for our target market and campaigns in our Telegram Channels.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

In one of our campaigns, we needed simple information and chat and user support on an integrated platform, all of which were available together in Telegram.

Lisandro from E-Learning

Telegram is the best messaging app...period.

It's been amazing. It's been a joy to communicate with our community using this app for years now. I enjoy this messaging app a lot. One of the things I love the most is the stickers and now they are animated! Also, It's very very polished. As a designer, I really appreciate the attention to detail. For example, on Android, the keyboard comes up smoothly, has beautiful animations and it has a dark mode.

Pros

I love that it has a ton of features (and they keep adding more!). I really like the stickers it has (now animated); there's a lot to choose from. Also, the app is cloud-based, so no attachments to a phone; I use it on my desktop all the time. And finally, I like the bots and how easy it is to create one for our business, which we use this app for. There's a lot to like about this app but these are the features I like the most.

Cons

The only bad points I could come up with were 1) the lack of users. Many friends and family members are still using WhatsApp and it's tough to make them change their messaging app or even install a new one. 2) The app is currently not encrypting messages in normal chats, which is a little concerning, considering Telegram stores the messages in the cloud (which may be a reason why it can't encrypt them in the first place). But that's that.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Signal lacks a lot of features and even fewer people use it.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Telegram is more complete, more polished, has stickers and it's not owned by Facebook.

Luciano Pablo from Government

An all-around excellent messenger

Overall this app was great for me, it has lots of great features which are helpful and other messengers lack or have taken from it. I personally believe it is the best messaging app currently available.

Pros

Telegram has a great privacy policy, it is completely ad free and all of its services are costless; including messaging, voice or video calls and more. Moreover, the app's prominent standpoint as a leading company in telecommunications services procedes from several advantages regarding maximum group capacity (200.000), minimum storage demand (less than 100mb for cellphones), cloud-based sync with unlimited storage , interoperability, chat and information encryption security, real time support and an option to set self-destructing messages. I would like to highlight its fantastic, swtichable image, video and audio quality, bearing in mind that other apps don't give the user as much room for personalization. It is interesting to note that the open code and API give Telegram scalibility too.

Cons

Video calls or specific media downloads may drain plenty of mobile data compared to other apps, although this might be related to the quality of the image. I can't say i noticed any major disadvantages.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Whatsapp privacy policy is concerning and changing, its overall features and functions are suboptimal compared to Telegram.

Janne from Telia Company

Excellent small tool for communications to externals and subcontractor

Easy to setup and lightweight and allows for confidential discussions in groups and/or in pairs. Does the job.

Pros

Telegram is a nice tool, with good usage options (web UI, mobile app, desktop app). It encrypts all the messaging automatically and it's even impossible to disable the encryption. This allows for communication of confidential business topics as well.

Cons

Telegram doesn't provide any kind of APIs and the integration possibilities are very low. However, for simple chat in a group or between two peers Telegram is a great app. Don't expect any nice integrations to other messaging tools, agile management products or kanban boards.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

WhatsApp is starting to have a bit of a bad reputation for privacy, stability and advertisement aspects and thus people are looking for alternatives. WhatsApp is still dominating for sure, but some smaller chats happen on Telegram already.

Nibaruta from Purple Sky Technology Inc.

One of the best messaging apps

My experience as an individual user or business has been amazing. It's one of the oldest that I preferred special when it comes to disappearing messages or by just allowing admin to be the one to update the group.

Pros

It good for individual use or for business groups if you have a large following or customer base that needs to be updated daily or periodically. Smooth with unlimited features. doesn't matter which messaging app you are using Telegram is always something to have

Cons

Satisfied so far. It's better than most that are out there in the open. user friendly, color is one of my favorite.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

It has few features that most other messaging apps don't have. like disappearing messaging has been there for a long time. groups with unlimited users for businesses it's something extra.

Frederick from Perfect works and projects limited

Telegram scammers tracker

Telegram is a good platform for marketing groups and discussions. It provides access to share all forms of messages with people, even large files like movies and apk. I just don't like that there are a lot of dark sites on the platform.

Pros

Telegram gives me the chance to send large files across online and even ask me to either save directly on my phone or on their networks. Anytime I get a new phone all my old files return like the same old phone.

Cons

There security level helps scammers engage mostly on this site.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

I wanted to share large files with my business partners.

Bassam from freelancer.com

Telegram is Fast ,Secure Messenger I Use for my business

My experience with telegram began when I started Crypto investment, I joined telegram and started joining groups and channels related to Crypto, I found it easy to communicate with groups members and admins, we shared knowledge I made friends, me myself I made friends from 6 countries, different cultures but telegram made that happen. the knowledge I got from these groups helped me make the right  business decisions that concluded in making a decent amount of profits

Pros

Basic Info about Telegram: Telegram is a worldwide messenger with over 500 million users, created in 2013, cloud-based fast messaging. it has end-to-end encrypted communication: audio, video calls,  file sharing, and more. it supports many interfaces like Mobile, Desktop, Web  -Telegram is cloud-based: you can use it on your PC or your Phone, no attachment to any device, with a simple interface any user with no experience can use it  - Telegram is Fast: it does not consume my device resources  - Telegram is Free: all telegram services are free including messages, audio, and video - Telegram Bots: You can create  bots for your business so easily  - Encryption: Telegram encrypts messaging automatically  - Privacy Policy: Telegram has a great privacy policy, - Fast: you can send files like audio, documents, and videos instantly - Telegram Groups and Channels:  you can chat with as many people as possible in one group, and you can chat in private groups  all your chats are private

Cons

Telegram is Great but indeed it needs more improvements such as : -Telegram accounts are created by phone number, if I lose my phone number I can not access my account, there should be An option to pair it to the E-mail account - so many notifications in telegram groups like  when a group member joins

Revisión de Telegram

En este tiempo usando telegram, nunca dudé de que es la mejor aplicación de mensajería tanto para uso privado como en equipo. En todos los aspectos, supera las alternativas principales, proporcionando durante años características que recién comienzan a recoger ahora. Telegram ha sido durante mucho tiempo la única aplicación que permite respuestas de mensajes funcionales. Hoy en día esto también es posible en WhatsApp, pero incluso soluciones serias como Slack tienen mucho que mejorar en ese sentido. Suena como un detalle, pero la capacidad de hacer referencia a declaraciones pasadas de manera conveniente cambia las reglas del juego en un equipo asincrónico y remoto donde la información importante se puede perder muy fácilmente.

Pros

Me gusta mucho Telegram, su interfaz de usuario se ve muy bien, guarda todos nuestros chats y los medios que enviamos, en el servidor. y me gusta mucho el hecho de que es compatible en todas las plataformas como Windows, Mac, Linux, Android e iOS y también tienen su versión web y por eso podemos acceder a nuestros chats en cualquier momento y desde cualquier lugar. Y no hay límite para el tamaño del archivo que podemos enviar. Podemos usarlo en varios dispositivos al mismo tiempo. Y realmente me gusta la opción de agregar y usar varias cuentas en un teléfono, además de que podemos hacer llamadas de voz y administrar sus funciones de seguridad como habilitar y deshabilitar las llamadas de igual forma, bloquear a ciertos usuarios o podemos agregarlos a la lista de excepciones. Y me gusta mucho el hecho de que haya demasiada personalización en la configuración. En comparación con otras aplicaciones, Telegram no tiene límites para compartir archivos, fotos y videos. Usualmente, puedo seleccionar muchas fotos e imágenes y enviarlas a diversos contactos sin ningún problema. Una de las mejores cosas para mí es que también ofrece a los usuarios encontrar canales creados por usuarios en muchos temas para compartir el mismo interés e información. La privacidad es una de mis preocupaciones sobre la aplicación, puedo crear una sala de chat secreta y Telegram no permite reenviar mis mensajes de texto a otras personas y borra mi texto inmediatamente.

Cons

Telegram no tiene función de videollamada. Le sugerí Telegram a mi familia y amigos, pero no es muy popular en algunos países, por lo que no puedo usarlo con todos mis contactos.

Martha from Illovo

Instant, reliable and secure communication

I have used telegram for personal communication with my contacts and for official communications. At work, we use Telegram Groups were for official communications. It gets us engaged.

Pros

The very outstanding feature about telegram is that it works swiftly and messaging is so instant. The app tells you whether your contact is online, recording audio or typing a text to you. If not online, then at least their last seen time. So, you judge for yourself whether it is timely to message the contact or not. Group chats have a very big threshold on the number of participants. It can allow up 5000 members per group chat. This is a big plus when compared to other social media apps. I also like the flexibility I have with telegram when it comes to diversity in chats. You can send text, audio recording, video recording, make a live audio call or video call. It also allows you to attach various types of files in a conversation. Telegram allows sharing of large size of media. I don't remember to have reached a limit on that. I can send videos of any size without a warning on limits. Telegram is excellent with security and privacy. Personal messages are protected with encryption. It also provides a pin code to the registered phone number, to be used when logging into multiple devices. Data for telegram is kept both online and and can also be downloaded into device memory. There are no limits to this. The app has good and unique animated stickers and an option to make additional ones without installing a third-party app. This makes a chat to feel live and fun. The last point I can make is that Telegram is free and truly free. No hidden costs

Cons

There is a feature to edit a text which has already been sent and received. Allowing these alterations can be seriously harmful for a crucial conversation. Telegram is generally noisy. For example, there is a default notification setting that each time a new contact joins telegram, the app should notify you on that. This notification keeps on popping up with sound and vibration, even after disabling it in the settings. It is a displeasure.

Wilfried from Self-Employed

Telegram Review

Except for the little cons I mentioned I've been using the application since 2017 and I acknowledge that it's very useful for my different tasks I am assigned to on the application.

Pros

Telegram is a straightforward application (software) for texting and communicating with other people with an interface that is very much like a: "What-you-see-is-what-you-get" it's also one of the dominant communication applications all over the world. And since some months ago we have witnessed an increasing number of new users from around the globe when another application know as WhatsApp made some decisions which did not suits its users. It's means that you get the much out of it when using the software. Many updates are still popping up, which makes users experience much more greater. It presents a useful and very simple texting system.

Cons

Like all Software products, Telegram has its eccentricities. It could be more interesting with some part of it withdrawn. The first point I would like to mention is about "the message deletion system on both side by one person" which is given to the two communicators. Sometimes, you might want to come back and use that message as a reminder or something to the person and telling him that once he/she had told you such a thing but you come back and see that the message has been deleted by the person for both of you. It should be by one side. The second point is about the "people nearby" system. Once activated unknown people would start texting you in disorder just because they can see you around. I Would suggest it may be withdrawn. The last part is a suggestion for you to create a way for users to make status that can be seen by any person with whom they have ever chatted even if they do not have his contact.

My Favorite Instant Messaging App So Far

The fact that the file size limit is high coupled with Telegram actively protecting its users' privacy, allows me to quickly and efficiently exchange files with co-workers at times. This is rather convenient since emails have rather small limits in comparison.

Pros

My friends and I dowloaded Telegram when one of the most popular messaging apps (WhatsApp) went down for a full day. When the app was back online most people went back to it. We didn't. Why? Let me go down the list: -Up to 2gb file size limit -Plugins -Doesn't ruin your photos when you send them -No status updates (personal preference) -Very, very private (your information is safe, guys) -Better storage options -Themes and colors And that's not even half of it. I use it on my phone and on my computer and you can even make video calls in the desktop app, in contrast to the other apps I've used so far. And it keeps getting better overtime. It doesn't even feel like just a messaging app anymore but something better.

Cons

I have no complaints about Telegram honestly speaking. The only thing I'd consider downside (just a bummer, really) is the fact that it's not as popular as the other messaging apps so I always have to resort to those since most of my peers don't use it.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

I made the switch when Whatsapp crashed for everyone one day.

Victor from Nashira Dreams Group

Simply Excellent Messenger

Overall, Telegram is one of the best programs I am using. Its user friendliness is unmatched.

Pros

Telegram is an easy to use program and it has been very helpful to me and my friends. It keeps you connected and makes communication and sharing very easy. I like its openness where it is easy to access and join. For a plus, Telegram takes in more members in channels than in WhatsApp groups. Oh, have you seen the emojis and stickers! They are a real fun to behold. I also like the idea that it uses top notch encryption technology. It occupies less space as compared to some other messengers. And much room is giving to personalization. The best part is that it is free and has a great privacy policy. Finally, you do not get bombarded with whole lot of ads that distract you.

Cons

First of all, I felt the pain when some friends of mine from certain countries cannot access Telegram. They are great things we wanted to do and they are missing out. Also, it is not a fun at all to keep getting high number of notifications of contacts joining Telegram. If that particular notification plan can be put off, I will be very happy, personally. I do not know if it is my network but video calls drain a lot of data.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

I switched from WhatsApp to Telegram because Telegram gives me that flexibility of getting a larger number of channel members than group members in WhatsApp. Previosuly in WhatsApp, I have to create so many groups for one niche but Telegram has solved that problem for me as I can now create just one channel/group and have it filled with more thousands of members.

Fabrice Aboubacar from Fabrice266

Industry: Computer Networking

Free and easy to use software

A vast experience, the usability, the ease of access, everything is helpful, whether you are a chat expert or just starting out, everything is and will be great. Also the ability to have as many members as possible in groups and channels has been a huge benefit to me since I started using this app. It has allowed me to have a massive reach and thus has given my business a significant boost in terms of sales.

Pros

Why adopt this software? First of all, I like the fact that the conversations are totally secure. Telegram is one of the leaders in instant messaging on smartphones. Sending is very fast and there is very little loading time. I like the fact that you can start a conversation on your phone and continue it on your computer. Unlike other services, Telegram does not limit the size of the transferred files and this is very convenient. Its other big positive point is its capacity of reception (more than 100 000 participants) when creating public or private groups. The moderation is simple and efficient. In addition to the conditions of use of data respecting the privacy of its subscribers, superb quality of sound during the vocals, ease in sending the answer, fluidity of navigation in the message box, easy import of contacts.

Cons

No video feature. I've been waiting for their update for years, but I don't think they have any intention of putting in a video feature. I also don't like the bots and spam that telegraph, it really causes my app to flood, and is one of the reasons I ask my friends to switch back to Viber. In addition, there is no possibility of adding stories compared to its direct competitor, Whatsapp, which gives the possibility of sharing photos or videos of moments. slow reconnection during conversations, not easy to find me when it is a message quoted in group conversations, I have not found a way to easily respond to messages from the notification bar.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

to chat with my family and friends as well as to do business.

Saif from Self Employed

Telegram is the best social media platform

Pros

1- Faster and safer Telegram relies on "servers" distributed around the world to ensure speed and security, and the application developer says that it is more secure than other instant messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Line thanks to the company's adoption of a special protocol called MTProto, which relies on algorithms that ensure the speed of the confidential delivery of messages. It protects users' messages from being snooped on by government agencies as well as from marketers and advertising companies, which provides privacy for the user. 2- Secret Conversations Telegram users can start secret conversations with friends in which all messages are encrypted end-to-end, meaning that no third party will be able to read messages other than the sender and the recipient only until the Telegram company itself, and when you delete any secret conversation, the conversation will be deleted automatically on the other party. Users can activate an option in secret conversations to delete messages automatically less than a minute after they are sent. 3- Filter new incoming chats from non-contacts It is a feature that the user can activate from the privacy and security settings, in order to archive new chats and automatically mute their alerts from people who are not in contacts, with the ability to access these chats at any time through the archive folder and return them to the main chat list with one click.

Cons

The problems and defects of the telegram program 1- Data and battery consumption The Telegram app consumes mobile data a lot, and it only works well if you have a good network. It also consumes more battery power when compared to other social media programs. 2- The status update appears in public You can usually hide the status update and make it available only to contacts in most social media programs, while the status will appear in the Telegram program to the whole world, and this is what many users do not want. 3- It cannot be used as a basic program Suppose you want to contact someone about an emergency, will you use the telegram? I do not think so. Rather, you will send a text message or use WhatsApp !! Although the Telegram application is popular and used by millions around the world, you cannot use it as the main and primary application on your phone. 4- It does not support sending multiple files One of the great features of the telegram is that it allows you to send large and heavy files, but unfortunately it does not allow you to select and send multiple files at the same time, but rather, each file must be selected separately and sent individually.

Najib from Freelancer

Industry: Writing and Editing

Topmost secure and multiple-account chatting app

The ability to have as many members as possible in groups and channels has been of immense benefit to me since I began using this app about 4 years ago. It has enabled me to have a massive outreach and has thus provided a significant boost to my business in terms of sales. Couldn't wish for anything better, honestly. I'd definitely recommend Telegram to anyone seeking simplicity, multiplicity in terms of access, and most importantly security and privacy.

Pros

I love everything about Telegram, to be very honest. The ability to use the app in multiple devices is one thing I really love about it. I can access my account directly from my PC even when my phone is unavailable. This is very convenient for me as my phone isn't always with me. I also love the fact that it allows as many people as possible in a group; not to mention the availability of channels. What I love the most about Telegram is the app's strong end-to-end encryption and great appreciation and value for users' privacy. Fantastic app by all standards.

Cons

The only thing I really wish could be integrated into Telegram is the video call feature. There're video messages alright, but that cannot be compared to long amazing video calls. I don't think there's any other problem I have with it other than this. Just add this, and trust me, you'll have everyone else flocking on to this fantastic software.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

I haven't completely stopped using WhatsApp altogether, but Telegram grants me that absolute power to do so many things like deleting messages on both sides of a text and so many other additional features that WhatsApp obviously fails to provide. Telegram is my number one go-to communication app, I'd say.

magatte from magattetop

Telegram, one of the best applications for fast messaging.

Telegram, a clean experience, is very easy for new users to understand the interface and will not be overwhelmed by anything. It provides fast and reliable lines of communication essential for businesses. I use Telegram to manage client conversations individually or in private groups. You can even schedule publications on Telegram, which is very useful for performing many repetitive tasks.

Pros

Tribute to the Telegram team, I can say that you are the best. First of all, you can install the same account on several different phones or computer media. This gives me great convenience, because sometimes I forget my smartphone and I can access the mail via my laptop without any worries. In addition, it allows me to download software or documents or music from the Telegram cloud very easily. In short, the group chat features are very nice, like polling and fixed messages and nice emojis. I love it ! ! Telegram's many functions make life easier for professionals or individuals. I highly recommend Telegram.

Cons

The only problem at the moment is that many people don't use Telegram too much. Let's hope that they also encourage professionals, especially businesses, to use Telegram as an interactive means of communication to contact their clients. It should also sometimes be noted that video calls or downloads of specific media can consume too much mobile data compared to other applications, although this may be evidenced by the quality of the image.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

WhatsApp has been acquired by Facebook. Now all of our Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram contacts are linked and I am not satisfied with the security and privacy of personal data. Also, in WhatsApp, the number of participants in our group is very limited.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

Fast and Secure Messaging App and It's Free

Telegram is an amazing app with a lot of helpful and cool features and It helped me to stay in contact with a lot of friends and clients without worrying about my data security and safety. I will keep using it and I'm very happy with all the hard work Telegram doing and I hope in the future they will add more features. Thank you Telegram.

Pros

I really like it because It's %100 free and very easy to use with a user-friendly UI. It allows me to use it on all the platforms and I really like the windows desktop software. I feel really safe and secure using Telegram daily and I never had a privacy problem and I like the end-to-end encryption option in the Telegram secret chat option. It allows me to send large files and share them with my friends. I can customize a lot of things in my Telegram Interface and I like the cool designs and themes. The chatbot integration is amazing and it allows me to create a bot and do whatever I want with it and It's very helpful in my opinion. The new video calling option is great and the best thing is I can use it on the desktop software and since I start using it I never had a problem with the audio or the video quality. The stickers collection is a cool and nice touch to the app and I love it because It makes the boring chats look very different and it allows me to say what I want to say without writing anything. The android app is super awesome and I really like it and have been using it for years now and I really appreciate the hard work and the updates I get from Telegram.

Cons

I really would like to see all my chats on the secret chat option to get the end-to-end encryption option to feel more safe and secure.

Telegram is the only app i need for chat platform.

Oh how should i elaborate? it's vast, the experience, the usability, the ease of access, everything is helpful no matter if you are a chat expert or just getting started everything is and will be awesome. We are constantly using telegram bot API to fetch our panel tasks and operate them with webhooks everything linked together with telegram.

Pros

Everything, yes, i like everything about Telegram, not matter if it's the end-to-end encyption or the developer API everything is God Level and crafted with ease of mind. The Bot API is even more amazing making it easier to integrate telegram bots with our own panel for easier operational tasks. Did i meantion it's cross-plattform? and your chats are stored with strong encryptions in the cloud, it's just a top tier product.

Cons

nothing, every part of it is amazing you can utilise the public API to build a platform for your own need and requirement while enjoying the security telegram provides. The thing i miss in telegram is just a minor feature and that's TOTP 2FA nothing else.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

it just didn't fit with our ideology and usage, i agree it's a great piece of work but for enterprise level support it's lacking.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

on WhatsApp we felt like under the hood and usage scenario was limited, who wants someone to grab all your consumer's chat and data in the name of ad serving? well not us, we were and we will continue enforcing privacy norms with our customers.

Lourdes Bernadette from American Express

Alternative Messaging App

Telegram has been good to me since it's very cool and fast to use, comparing to other messaging app. I had not experience lagging when I use this app. But now it's just one of my alternative messaging app, when my other messaging app is not working. It's hard to admit but my friends, are all starting to uninstall this app because of the cons of getting a lot of spam messages. I loved and been constantly using this app before but now, it has become my alternative go-to app. But overall, I wish telegram can make it better in the future.

Pros

I've been a fan of Telegram since 2014, and been using it until now as alternative messaging for friends and family. It has been the fastest messaging app I had ever use comparing to other app I have used before. It's been so cool and friendly and never changed. I had used this for calls and chat for hours and never experience that it lagged on me.

Cons

No video feature. I had been waiting for their update for years, but i think they don't have any plans of putting any video feature. Telegram is very reliable. But I wish they could add this feature soon. They we're the first to put video message but It's nice if they could also put video calls since the app has been always fast and easy to use. I also don't like the bots and spams that telegram, it really cause flooding to my app, and It's one reason why I ask my friends to switch back to Viber.

Syed Hamidur from Aci Motors LTD

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Easy and secure multiple chatting apps

All things considered, I have decided to use Telegram apps. Because I have a big team, I don't want the team's secret discussion to spread on social media all the time. So I opened the Secret Channel of Telegram and discussed with the employees. I exchange all my necessary files there. Telegram apps are very simple which makes it easy for my employees to understand so I like using telegram apps the most.

Pros

Telegram Chatting Apps is one of the best chat apps in the market for use on any device. The interface of Telegram chatting apps is much simpler and much more secure to chat with. Telegram chatting apps can make video conferencing and audio calls very nicely. Telegram apps also have various benefits. Telegram chatting apps have the facility to create channels and Telegram chatting apps have the facility to open Messenger chat groups. There are opportunities to chat in private groups so that foreigners are not allowed to enter. So it is very safe to communicate telegram chatting apps from other social media and various chatting apps.

Cons

I prefer Telegram chatting apps, as it allows you to upload any type of file you want and share it with chatting members. Telegram Chatting Apps No file is shared anywhere else so the file is safe. What I like most about the security of Telegram Chatting is that important documents can be exchanged through Telegram Chatting Apps and as the first in the virtual world of security, Telegram Chatting Apps is a secure app. So I prefer Tetelgram chatting apps.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

I decided to use Telegram apps instead of conventional apps in the market. Because it can be controlled from anywhere on any device and it allows everyone to chat together and share all kinds of files. Which I don't find in any other app. So I use it to chat faster. Which no other app in the market can give me at the moment

Tauseef from Self-Employed

Industry: Online Media

Telegram is currently the best communication software

I have been using telegram since long, And using it only when I have to contact my seniors and friends who are already using it to communicate with our freelancing team. We often use it to share secret documents and files that need more security. We use telegram to share our picnic photos with all our friends as it don't compress your photos and keep the quality original.

Pros

I have been using telegram for last 2+ years for all mt business and secret chat, I can share documents, location, files, photos, videos, voice and even video msseages. You can make multiple telegram groups and add more people in it, you can clear the chat, delete chat history, you can do what ever you need. One thing to mention is that it keep the quality of your files and photos original and don't compress it.

Cons

Still not experienced any cons but one thing to mention is that it still need promotions, because if you want to contact someone through telegram you will see them absent because in your contact list only a few people will be there. Simply would say that only few people know about the goodness of telegram.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

I didn't made a complete switch from whatsapp, still using both the apps, but to share photos and files with team members and especially with those who use telegram, then I preffer telegram.

Vincent from Airlines

Communicating via Telegram in Fiji Businesses

Telegram allows for fast & efficient communication lines that is critical for the business. I would definitely recommend it to other business owners as an alternative from the conventional apps like Viber or Whatsapp.

Pros

Telegram is a great 'messenger' type communications tool that is widely unknown and underused. Something that is really great is that you can use it on your phone and on your computer. This may not sound like much but when you are responding to emails and also telegram messages, this feature makes a huge and valuable difference. Also, with the capability to handle large file sharing, Telegram becomes very helpful & an alternative to sending emails every time you need to send a document or media file. This is vital especially when you are out in the field and you are sending documents back & forth between employees or clients. One main reason Telegram became the communication app of choice for our company was that all messages and information exchanged was encrypted and private. This meant a lo t for our business as we had a lot of intellectual property in terms of helicopter routes and procedures we wanted to keep private. Telegram helped a great deal.

Cons

Since you can automatically exchange info with a contact on Telegram once the usual permissions are granted, you risk having information from your phone leaked to the other party. An example was when a new employee installed Telegram on his phone, all his contacts were synced to another employees phone.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

It was suggested by my boss after he did some research. We didn't have much of a choice as employees but it turned out great for everyone in the end.

Sarah from Evensix™

Telegram is suitable for my chats with my Russian contacts

I use Telegram frequently to communicate with my Russian contacts and it is definitely a high-end chat application. That would be very pleasing if there were an embedded text and voice translation which I can use during my communication however I do not think they will add this feature in near future.

Pros

Telegram is very wide-spread among Russian community and as a person who has a lot of Russian contacts I use Telegram to communicate with my Russian contacts. Additionally it is very beneficial to join the huge public groups in Telegram which are specific to a certain topic and international. When I ask a public question in the groups every time a lot of people answers my questions.

Cons

What is missing in Telegram is a real-time translation option which is directly embedded inside Telegram. As a person who has many Russian contacts with no Russian I always need to translate my English text with an other translation app and paste it into the chat and when my contact writes back I again translate via other translation app. This is a crucial function that is missing and definitely should be present in the app.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Russian people uses Telegram and they do not use Hangouts since they use Yandex email. For this reason I am using Telegram not Google Hangouts in order to communicate with my Russian contacts.

Jorge Enrique from Intrepid Mx

Mejor que whatsapp para enviar contraseñas, conversaciones y archivos confidenciales.

Me gusta lo extremo de la privacidad y seguridad que tiene Telegram, mientras que en whatsapp siempre existe la posibilidad de que tu información la compartan, whatsapp business bloquee tu cuenta y se quede con toda tu información y contactos para usar tu información, Telegram respeta mucho esto. Las opciones de generar contactos y clientes potenciales es alta, enviar informaci{on publicitaria si nespam es genial, mientras que whatsapp te bloquea tu número y se queda con tu información confidencial: Tus contactos, archivos enviados, etc. Si quiero un canal para trabajar, generar clientes y divertirme: uso Telegram, si necesito hablar con otras personas por mero trámite de comunicarme uso whatsapp, la mayoría de noticias fake ya se han trasladado a whatsapp. En Telegram aún no.

Pros

Es extremadamente seguro y confiable, te da la opción de hacer canales de venta más amplios y con mayor probabilidad de generar ventas, Algo que me gusta mucho es que tienes el control total de tu cuenta y también confidencialidad. Puedes saber si tu conversación ha sido copiada o tomado captura de pantalla. No por algo whatsapp esta copiando las funciones de telegram, pero no le funciona también como a telegram. En conversaciones delicadas puedes colocar tiempo para la autodestrucción, así te quitas el pendiente de que personas no adecuadas puedan acceder a estas conversaciones. Los emoticones, emojis son geniales y muy originales, hacen las conversaciones más divertidas. Y algo que me gusta es que cada vez más usuarios y conocidos se están cambiando a Telegram.

Cons

Al principio para colocar la api en sitios web y telegram web no es muy sencillo. Es el único pero que le pongo, sin embargo es un detalle mínimo.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Telegram es más funcional y rápido. Y es más popular. Si bien whatsapp es el que más se usa, telegram esta teniendo más aceptación para hacer negocios.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Por la cantidad de mensajes fake, por el exceso de grupos sin control, por la falta de comunicación y la falta de respeto a los derechos de la información personales de los usuarios, además de que whatsapp usa de forma autoritaria cerrar cuentas de empresas, aún sin fundamentos sólidos y no respeta el derecho a que descargues tus archivos personales que contienen información privilegiada y personal -Tuya o de tus clientes-. Además de que cada vez más hay grupos de extorsión y fraude que utiliza whatsapp sin que este tome acciones al respecto, propiciando que se siga generando estafas a otras personas. En resumen, aunque whatsapp asegura tener mayor seguridad, sigue en crecimiento personas que extorsionan y cometen fraudes.

Sandesh from Faith Over Feelings Ministry

All in one

I use the Telegram app almost everyday to send messages to my friends, colleagues and family groups. I can edit images before sharing and the stickers are an awesome part of this software. We can pin chats or messages in group chats and has a separate permission or workset for group admins and group owners. It has been my personal favourite software so far. Also, this has a unique desktop app which runs even when my phone is switched off or disconnected from the internet. Other messaging platforms need phones to be connected and to run the app in background, the Telegram software does not need any of those!!

Pros

The way it shares the media is what makes me to like this most. It has an option to share without compression, sharing amazing animated stickers and customizable emojis (which includes iPhone emoji set, Android emoji set and others). It also includes bots which I like the most too! Calling up for "@botfather" from the search tag introduces to a whole other world of automation. From managing business, receive payments to playing games, telegram bots play an amazing role. I like the option in telegram to download movies, download software and apks. This software is best suited for a group of office officials to share 100MB+ files and photos. The attention grabbing fact is that it has a photo editor and video editor built in - so that before we share anything, we check that it is best optimised. I would have this replaced with other software because of the user friendly interface.

Cons

It does not generate read receipt and back up texts, this I like the least about this software. The dark mode is quite distracting unlike other apps' dark mode. These facts are those which I like the least!

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Hike demands a huge storage space and consumes more RAM. Picture clicked with Hike camera is poor and the chat archives are not that user friendly. The telegram software overtakes all these by outperforming Hike messenger. For this same reason, I switched from Hike Messenger to Telegram Software / App.

Rafig from Cheil Germany GmbH

Very convenient and multifunctional messenger app

I like to use Telegram to connect with my friends and to get relevant information from the channels that I follow. It is a great messenger application and I would recommend it without any hesitation.

Pros

Telegram has more features than a most messengers have right now. 1. General features. Users can chat by using text, voice and video messages, do voice and video calls, create groups to talk with friends, colleagues or family. Sending photos and videos are very comfortable in Telegram as the user can easily choose between sending them as a file - with the original size - or as a picture/video - by reducing the size. 2. Special chat features. If you wrote something wrong, you can just delete the previous messages and Telegram will not report it to the other user. If there was a type, you can easily edit your message even after sending. If you want to send a message to somebody, but you don't want to disturb them, you can send a it without a notification, which, I believe, is a great feature. Also, you can set a timer to automatically send your message. 3. Channels. Besides just connecting with your friends and acquaintances, Telegram also allows the users to join various channels posting about different topics. There are many distinct channels in Telegram: you can join one to receive daily news, or another one to get photos of cute puppies each day. One can easily create own channel to i.e. promote their business. 4. Accessibility. Telegram can work on several devices at the same time. There is no need to have your phone next to you if you want to open it on your computer. It provides convenience to switch between devices and also to transfer files from one device to another.

Cons

1. "... joined Telegram". What I don't like most about Telegram is that when joining it for the first time, all your contacts using the app gets a notification about your join. In my opinion, it is very disturbing for both side. 2. Message delivered. Unfortunately, Telegram doesn't provide any information about the delivery of the message. One tick means that you have sent the message and two of them states that message has been already read. But you never know if the message has been delivered when it is not read yet.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Telegram has more features, which don't have any alternatives in Whatsapp, such as the channels, sending messages scheduled or without sound, easy access from the computers and so on.

Olga from langforum.pro

Valuable Connections and Happy Coincidences

Well, it is quite an inspiring tool but I don't recommend you to go to Telegram if you are in a bad mood.

Pros

Well, there are a great number of reviews about Telegram and other messengers. However, the precious function of this messenger is not about just connecting with your friends, acquaintances, schoolmates, pen pals and colleagues. It is more about the opportunity to be connected with the whole world: in Telegram chats you can meet people who will change your life for the better (or worse), who will challenge you, motivate you, encourage you, provoke your curiosity! You can meet your future business partner or boss in a Telegram chat, you can meet your future boyfriend or girlfriend, you can your future client or fundraiser. The opportunity to find any chats you want, hide or open your identity, choose any channel you like and leave any chat rooms and channels as easy as ABC in this messenger. You can create your own channel, group or super group, choose the administrators and moderators for any of your spaces, close them and protect them which has never been so easy. However, it is a little bit complicated to promote your own channel and get new subscribers because in Telegram users come and go as fast as one's legs can carry one. Usually, when users subscribe to too many channels, groups and super groups, they quickly become swamped with the messages that's why they leave as quickly as they come. That's why channels promotion in Telegram is not an easy task, especially if you are not a super-duper marketer.

Cons

If you don't know how to react to spam and trolling attacks, this messenger may discourage you. Besides, the speed of being flooded with messages in Telegram is especially high. This makes channels promotion a challenging task because users come and go as fast as a hare.

It is stable on Linux.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

WhatsApp is shamefully wasting your Android memory. You always have to keep your smartphone turned on in order the app to be working. What's more, for some weird reason the number of troublemakers in WhatsApp is enormously high as if all the mood hoovers in the world have decided to use this app. I have never met so many meddlers anywhere as among people who have been using this app.

Emerson from Emerson K

Nube Ilimitada

Por mucho una app que deja atras a sus competidoras en el mercado por eso la tendencia de emigrar de otras plataformas a esta

Pros

Cantidad enorme de personas en grupos hasta 10.000 muy ligero, nube para guardar archivos ilimitada, variedad de canales y grupos infinitos en las opciones de busquedad, variedad de packetes de stickers animados y estaticos inpresionante. Opciones para crear canales es por mucho mejor que una lista de difucion, personalizar robots para automatizar y optimizar grupos. Se puede borrarlos audios e imagenes de las carpetas en el telefono y siempre estaran disponibles para descargarse en el chat que se prodijeron para futuras ocasiones a menos que se borren.

Cons

No se podían hacer llamadas grupales como en otras plataformas o videollamadas por equipos lo cual ha sido implementado en estos últimos meses por el CODVID-19 muy amenudo . Necesidad de conocimientos basicos de programacion a la hora de configurar robots en automatico.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Cantidad de personas por grupo, canales, amplia gama de stickers, sobre todo una nuve para almacenar informacion de forma ilimitada.

Miquéias from Food Production

Industry: Food Production

The best application to send messages and not miss anything

I am an employee of a beverage manufacturing company and my team always complained about the loss of production information such as videos, images or data sheets in a competing application. What happened is that when sharing this data in this application, the user did not have the possibility to save it in the cloud, right when the application was uninstalled, the data disappeared with it. When presenting the Telegram application, my team had, in addition to the normal functionality of a messaging application, the possibility of storing data in the cloud. Even if the application was uninstalled, when installing it the user had the possibility to recover all the data. This was undoubtedly a great differentiator for my team.

Pros

I am passionate about the Telegram app. It is very practical, has a range of features such as the possibility of having a quick reading of external information in the application itself, without having to be directed to the website in question. In addition, the application also has a built-in player that allows users who receive videos from other platforms such as Youtube, Spotify and SoundCloud to have the experience of checking these contents without leaving the app. But what I like most about this application is that the user does not lose any information about the groups he participates in, even if the user needs to reinstall the application. This is because Telegram stores all data in the cloud, this is undoubtedly the biggest differential of this app, in my opinion.

Cons

As I said, I love this app, but I miss the moderation of content in the app. Some colleagues, who are users, reported that they already found inappropriate content in the group and I was also unlucky enough to find it too. I believe that if moderating content were a little more effective, this app would undoubtedly be much more used among users.

A secure and feature packed instant messaging application

Telegram is stuffed with features that we wish, would have been in other popular messaging application. It is user-friendly and convenient to use.

Pros

Telegram is known as a good open-source(client-side only) instant messaging application available across devices. Since the software is open-sourced, client-side data security is assured. This availability of source code made it more customizable. So there are a lot of unofficial telegram application out there to choose from each having its own features. Telegram is smooth, robust and lightning fast. It is highly customizable. We can edit the colour schemes of literally every element in the app. Colour schemes can also be shared and downloaded. We can use multiple accounts on a single Telegram app. Any files can be shared in Telegram with a size limit of 1.5 GB (an update with limit increased to 2GB is soon to be released). Bots are another important feature of Telegram. Bots can be used for literally anything like a group manager bot, a quiz bot or an AI powered chatbot. Google's DialogFlow API can be directly integrated with Telegram bot. Channels are another important feature of Telegram. One account can be used on multiple devices asynchronously. We have unlimited cloud storage on Telegram. Every messages, photos, videos and other files are stored in the cloud. So never care about a backups.

Cons

Since Telegram is using a TCP protocol, all communications will be through a single channel. This brings security but limits the user to one download at a time. That means, if a user is downloading a file of size 500MB, they need to wait until this download gets finished to download another file. There are some glitches found in Telegram Linux client recently. There is no customer support, but only volunteer support in case of any bug report because Telegram is mostly crowdfunded. Even though the client-side of Telegram is open-source, the server-side script is not open-sourced.

Timmy from Epic Software

The messaging app for detailed communication

Started a telegram group to communicate specific, but non-working hours coding and development-related questions to one another. Very effective tool for complex, small-group communication.

Pros

Message logs with individuals or groups may be searched for keywords or phrases, without getting lost or bloating your phone storage. No more scrolling for days to look for a line you needed to re-read.

Cons

This software was associated with unsavory groups acting in opposition of world governments in the Middle East due to its privacy and extensive features, which made the users at my company uncomfortable using it.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Telegram had less of an official presence and capacity, which encourages using it on personal smartphones over non-peak working hours.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Hangouts made the interface pretty, but very difficult to search through when looking for words or phrases from the past.

Mohammed from Globaction

It's now the My Best Chatting App

Telegram is the Best chatting and calling app, it's free, stable and full of features

Pros

1- chat and calls free with your people. 2-Telegram Network is more secure than other chatting apps . 3-Telegram calling service isn't blocked in my country, but other apps are blocked. 4- you can share pictures files or docs freely with your contacts. 5- Secret Chat feature too is a very good feature to be added. 6-all languages are supported. 7-Privacy and Security section is very detailed and secure for users. 8-the app include a pass-code feature so you can make sure that even your phone gets unlocked no one can see your messages. 9-Bots are supported and auto messages . 10- all Languages are supported. 11-The Dark theme mode is looking awesome .

Cons

1-the account deletion takes a very long time to go under effect (6 months) this option should be adjustable by user. 2- the user don't have the option to choose theme colors. 3- there's no option to choose the chat background.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Whatsapp Calls is blocked in my country, I not totally sure about the app security since Facebook purchased Whatsapp and I don't like the image quality sent on their network, they compress the image very bad and make it look creepy to be sent in chat dialog.

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

Highly Accessible Encrypted Chats

A significant amount of my business is done over chat apps rather than email. They've become so robust over the years that I can send files, photos, etc. and skip email completely. I was using WhatsApp for about 6 months before joining Telegram because of its superior accessibility. I loved that I could download an app on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac and have my messages pushed to me. WhatsApp would fail me if I lost my phone because it was mobile based. I also loved that I could start a "channel" including my business partners where they could follow news or notices internally without having to create a group.

Pros

Definitely my favorite thing about Telegram is that its accessible on every device. There's a native app for iPhone/Mac/iPad/Android... This is incredibly important for my business because we travel often and sometimes encounter situations where a phone is lost or stolen. Unlike WhatsApp, which is phone-only, Telegram allows you to open your computer, get wifi, and receive all your chats as if nothing happened. That feature alone has saved my business countless times.

Cons

Getting started with Telegram takes a bit of patience to figure out all the features. For example, it isn't immediately clear what the difference is between a chat and a secret chat. And the UI's create chat button only has the secret chat option, which creates the chat locally on the device instead of cloud pushed to all your devices. It would be nice to have more clarification and a 'create normal chat' button so it's obvious that there is even a second option.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

We chose Telegram largely for its multi-device compatibility. We can receive communications though Telegram on all of our devices securely and regardless of whether we have a cell phone. Telegram also has the option to create our own Telegram server–something we may use as the business grows.

Tigran from Information Technology

The best messaging app

Overall it is Great app for using in web, mobile desktop with super fast messaging and all new features.

Pros

There are couple of thinks that are advantages of Telegram. One it so fast compared with others, Using this software on old phone you will see how fast and lightweight is it. Second it the first app I've met that provided message deletion when you accidentally typed wrong message for you and other side. Third it the first app that implamated fast video recording functionality like audo recording.

Cons

Truly telling now this is the best software but I could mention a little drawbacks I've seen, It has Video call in past but now it's not available, new features are firstly coming to iphone than to android phones, beside those ones nothing at all because this is the best.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

The other software do not keep info in servers and deleting often when you change phone, it sometimes suggest me backup that I dont want, and during sending images it drops the resolution unlike Telegram keeps everything original. Another thing telegram has popular discussion groups , popular bots inside and community is bigger than in other apps.

Jessica from Kennon Heating and Air Conditioning

Industry: Building Materials

Telegram = Texts That Transcend Encryption for Total Privacy

Want privacy? Telegram. Want total security in the messages you send and or receive? Telegram. Wanna keep up with the Joneses and keep your privacy in check, no matter what technological advances may come? Telegram. In the span of seconds, upon pressing "Get" on the app in the app store, Telegram downloads as a cute little robin blue box, allows you to sign in and sign up that first time, through either a preexisting app already in use like Facebook, or through an entirely new clean email sign up, and from there, just get your people to follow suit, and then all parties are covered and can customize their privacy features in the app itself, like that self-destructing option where messages, upon arrival or after being sent, are POOF! Gone. After a few seconds or minutes or hours or days, up to you.

Pros

Ever feel a pang of fear or the ever pressing weight of wariness as your finger hovers over that send button in your text messages? Not necessarily for any criminal-like related entity, not at all, but just for your, and your recipient's, general privacy and possible lack there of? Ever desire the impenetrable promise of total privacy, for your info, thoughts, feelings, MESSAGES? Wake up ya goose, Telegram may sound old-fashioned and outdated, but is is anything but! In fact, Telegram has the most up to date and highest level of encryption that keeps up with the latest technological advances that threaten to undermine people's privacy and ensures it. It ACTUALLY does what it promises, and I will not tell you how I know that, but I do in the strictest most impervious sense, it enables a complete layer of security that cannot be breached or broken, and frankly, Telegram and its competitor Signal are the ONLY to do so, at least to my awareness. Either of these apps legitimately give you 100% privacy in the messages you send & receive. You can even enable further privacy features to bolster your sense of protection, such as enabling your messages to self-destruct after a certain amount of time, say five minutes or a week, to be forever gone, lost in the ether, never to be found again, FOR REAL. Yes, it's undoubtedly the mafia's go to as well, but hey, don't hate the player, hate the game. Telegram can envelope you in total security (see what I did there).

Cons

The only con for Telegram, and by proxy Signal, is that your respective recipient(s) must have the app installed on their phone as well, and must be signed in/have an account, which you can do instantly by signing in with a modality of options, ie Facebook, etc, and you only have to do it that first time, so it's pretty effortless, in order for the both of you to enjoy that total promise of privacy. Well worth the five seconds of downloading it and signing in and up though and well worth the time it takes to let others know what you now know. Telegram or BUST.

Elbek from Hanyang University

Telegram Messenger Review

I use Telegram as my daily communication system with my friends, family and coworkers. And it is partially my news and some reading source. Experience has steady and fairly reliable.

Pros

Simplicty - This messenger is simple to use, intuitive interface, common feature elements Security - Telegram uses encryption algorithm called AES-256, which is very common and reliable encryption system Design language - Design used in all platforms are minimalist, yet full of features Platform independent - I personally use this messenger in at least 3 platforms(Android, Windows, Linux) and they offer apps for Apple products as well. Even web interface is easy to use. Feature set - I have been using telegram since early versions. It had many core features in older versions. But overtime, through many updates, it added many more features (like voice call, video message, polls and etc.)

Cons

Access to phone numbers - Telegram requires to have phone number and it uses underlying phone number contacts in Telegram as well. It is quite understandable with security concerns, but it would be great if it was possible to use it without actual phone number Lack of video calls - I use telegram as my main communication platform, but video call feature lacks. For video calls I have to rely on other apps (like imo, Skype or WhatsApp). If it had video call feature I would solely use Telegram Customizability - Although interface is farely intuitive and good looking. I would like to change some elements. I can change some elements (like color scheme, background image), some more customizable app would not hurt.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Telegram - The best instant messaging application

When discussing about the overall experience of using Telegram, telegram is a great application for instant messaging. Many features are included in it for our satisfaction. We can get many advantages from that features. Only few annoying things in Telegram and those are not such big issues to throw away the application. Telegram is being popular with people and after some time this application will be like WhatsApp that an application everyone use. Video calling feature also will introduce soon. After these things happen, Telegram will be the best instant messaging application.

Pros

Telegram is one of a best instant messaging application I have ever used. Telegram has many interesting features that can attract users to use that application instead of other instant messaging applications. The first thing is, Telegram is a free application. No cost for everything in it, no subscriptions and no advertisements popping up. No matter you have android, apple, windows or desktop, this application can be used in any device. Telegram is a cloud based application. Therefore we can access our account at any time. Though it is cloud-based, privacy is at a higher level. All chats are encrypting by them. One cool feature that I found is that we can send any number of photos, any large media file through this application. From other applications we cannot do this thing. Telegram has another feature called self-destructing chats. We can start a self-destructing chat by setting timer and it deletes out chat automatically when the timer runs out. When we are in group chat, our phone number is not visible to others if do not save our numbers. This is also a good privacy option.

Cons

Telegram does not have any serious disadvantages in my opinion. I am using this application for a long time but I did not find any bad thing. Only few annoying things can be found. One is the popularity of the application. This application is not spread widely yet. In that case we have to face problems because everyone does not use Telegram like other instant messaging applications. Amount of stickers, emojies in the store is lower when comparing with other applications. Video calling is not introduced yet. A small quality drop occurs when sending photos and videos through the application, but not much as other applications.

Ryan from Limabean

I've not seen a better Whatsapp Alternative yet

I use it as a more secure tool for messaging, and as of this year I trust it more than any other messaging application.

Pros

It functions similar to Whatsapp, which was my primary messaging app. It's secure, free to use and has amazing features built in. Even has a dark mode. Now that's something worth writing home about.

Cons

There's no video call option which I'm patiently waiting for. I would like to say it's coming soon, but I doubt that. The only thing thats holding me back the most.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

It was recommended to me by a developer friend. I loved it after using it the first week, even though there was no video call function.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Not a fan of the ads coming to the stories function, and Facebook is it's closest friend which is a bit annoying.

James from Chemeketa Community College

Telegram one of the best instant messaging applications.

Using this application has been a great experience, being honest, I really enjoy it when I use it, it is very comfortable and friendly, super fast, I am in many groups and channels, I also share with family, friends, sending photos and files, and it is A pretty good benefit, and I hope to continue using Telegram, and also that it is free and gives me all these functions, I am totally satisfied.

Pros

Telegram has a very attractive interface, I love using this application, I can connect with my loved ones in an easy and safe way, it has many functions that are really amazing, share my location, create groups, add a bot, voice calls, create channels and much more, the most complete messaging application is called Telegram, available on multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux and Android, I use it daily to send photos and files, audios and sometimes I receive calls, and the best thing is that everything It is based on the cloud, which ensures that my messages and files are completely secure, without the need to make a backup. I use it on my mobile phone and on my computer and I don't even have to disconnect, the synchronization level is very successful and it never fails, I keep up to date by joining several channels according to my tastes, I really like plants, so I use the engine Telegram search and I'm looking for something related to plants and I find it and I join that channel or group, where they exchange ideas and photos about plants, I really enjoy using this application.

Cons

I could say that this application is very good and has several alternatives that favor me greatly, but it has some details that I do not like, the defects are that when sending a photo they lose quality and makes them look a little blurry, and I still do not find a option to send my photo next to the original quality, it looks very blurry and is very frustrating, I also have failures to open the application, it takes me a long time to update it to see new messages, but I can read in the notification bar of my mobile phone , but within Telegram I cannot, there is a function that they lack, video calls, at this moment any instant messaging application has that function, and I am really impressed with the Telegram application that is so professional and excellent that it does not have the function of video calls, but these are just details that must be taken into account immediately.

Much more than an IM tool... but as easy to use as an IM tool

Telegram has been innovating since they were born, introducing new features that are a must today and that other apps such as WhatsApp are slowly introducing/copying. It is a great tool that not only makes conversations easier (especially if you manage or belong to one or several groups) but also provides other innovative user cases more closer to a user interface than to an IM tool. Unfortunately, many people are still sticked to WhatsApp and transitioning 100% to Telegram is not always possible. Another thing in which WhatsApp is still better is at offering Videocalls.

Pros

* Multiplattform and multi-device: you can use your own account in multiple devices at the same time without any trouble (nothing compared to the painful process of transfering whatsapp to a new device), and allowing to use it on your desktop, your smartphone, tablet... at the same time. * Easy to use * Groups' management to a next-level: it allows moderation, several admins, polls, bots, fine-grained permissions, possibility to read past messages, sticky messages... * Integrated gif, videos, wikipedia... searches * Stickers * Bots that * Integration with services such as IFTTT that can turn telegram into an interface for doing a number of different things * Private chats * Quality voice calls * Media can be removed from your device and downloaded afterwards as many times as you want * Great search tool * Archiving chats * Links' previews * It is not associated to Facebook

Cons

* Missing videocalls * Its business model is not clear (they state that they have a generous donation from its founder, but not much beyond saying that they will never sell users' privacy and Telegram will always remain free. * Fewer user-base than WhatsApp (specially in non-tech environments)

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

Telegram offers a myriad of features. Additionally, the fact that WhatsApp is associated to Facebook is of great concern to me, especially regarding privacy and because I do not want to contribute to create big monopolies.

A simple and effective tool for communication

Telegram was one of several products reviewed by our ICT department to use as a backup form of communication for service outages and such and has so far been a good choice. It has allowed to remain in constant communication during service disruptions either through IM or voice chats and has allowed us to exchange information quickly. It is a clear winner for communications apps compared to others such as Slack or WhatsApp.

Pros

Telegram is a free app which is incredibly useful when a non-profit such as us are looking for a communications platform and don’t have much money to play with. As well as being able to instant message contacts through Telegram, you can also call them and send files or pictures, which makes it useful for us when we in the department need to share information quickly. The developers seem to push out regular updates to fix bugs and add in new features, and there are options to use secure end-to-end encryption for messages. There are a number of ways to access Telegram, including through iPhone/Android apps, a Windows 10 app, and a web-based app. Another benefit is that Telegram is not tied to any other services (such as Whatsapp is tied to Facebook, or Teams is tied to Microsoft) so there are no other less-useful features bundled with the app – it is purely a communications tool, which makes it suitable for business use.

Cons

There are very few drawbacks to using Telegram as a communications tool. There is currently no video call function, although I have no doubt it will be added in soon as the developers seem to be pushing out regular updates to add features and improve performance. Connecting phone contacts to Telegram requires providing permission to the app for access, although this would be true of all messaging applications not just Telegram.

Reasons for Switching to Telegram

We were originally using WhatsApp as our out-of-work communications tool, however due to recent news about Facebook's privacy concerns we decided to move over to Telegram which has proven just as (if not more) useful.

Yomi from Namek

Telegram

It made me reach a whole lot of people in just one group and I was able to improve a lot of people's health challenge which gave me a good boost socially. I can recommend it to anyone who would want to reach the whole world.

Pros

Firstly, I love this app because it has the ability to hold a lot of contacts in a group. I remember when I started a seminar on health. I wanted to reach so many people at the same time. Telegram chat made it easy, fast and safe because I was able to reach a large number of people at a go and they were all inviting people into the group. I could remember I had over 13,000 group members and most of them were all active. This was able to change their lives and we got to learn from each other. I also love the fact that you can call other chat members in the group without getting to know their phone numbers or they knowing yours. It keeps your contact number safe while you communicate through telegram voice call. You are also able to create your own sticker to customize your feelings or mood. It can also be used to illustrate a particular thing you are talking about or used as a promotion tool if you are running a mini advert too. Another good thing about Telegram is that on like other communication apps, you can import any kind of file to your telegram to your contact. You can also block people from adding you to a group without your consent which is a very good way staying away from scam groups and unwanted individuals.

Cons

I cannot see anything wrong with Telegram from my end.

Reasons for Choosing Telegram

Telegram is a whole lot of package together. I can reach a lot of people at once even with a voice call option. While the other alternative product does not have this feature.

Demirdis from The University of Sheffield

Safety and Amazing features

Pros

I have been using Telegram app for 3 years. I visited middle east countries and other popular applications are banned in those countries. I searched for a solution and found Telegram. Telegram has amazing features such as Texting, Calling, and file sharing. Compared to other application, Telegram has no limit for sharing files, photos and videos. I basically selected many photos and pictures and send them to my contacts. One of the best things for me that Telegram provides users to find channels which are created by users in many subjects to share the same interest and information​. For example, I joined many economy and education channels and we had ​good discussion and information sharing atmosphere.​ Privacy is one of ​my concern about the ​application, I am able to create a ​secret chat room and Telegram does not allow forwarding my texts to others and deletes my text immediately​ when I leave the room. In addition, I am able to delete my texts whenever I want and feel safe about encryption. Moreover, my phone battery frequently dies and still needs to text, I am able to check my texts by using Telegram web function. Not like the​ other application, Users have ​access to their texts by using Telegram web even their phones have​ no battery or internet connection.

Cons

Telegram does not have a video call function. I have suggested Telegram to my family​ and friends but Telegram is not popular in some countries so not able to use with all my contacts.

Hubert from University of Warwick

Incredibly flexible communicator where every detail matters

Using Telegram over the years I never doubted it is the best messaging app both for private and team use. In every respect it surpasses the mainstream alternatives, providing for years features that they only start to pick up now. To give a single example, Telegram has long been the only app allowing functional message replies. Nowadays this is also possible in WhatsApp but even serious solutions like Slack have a lot to improve in that regard. It sounds like a detail but the ability to refer to past statements conveniently is a game changer in an asynchronous, remote team where important information can get lost very easily.

Pros

Chat data synchronized with no storage limits across all devices and operating systems; Meticulously crafted design: every button feels just in the right place and follows the design guidelines of the operating system, be it desktop, Android or iOS making Telegram feel 'native' rather than just ported from somewhere else. Amazing performance in synchronization speed, network throughput and caching. You can see the Telegram notifications coming first on connecting to WiFi... Full control over notifications: a killer feature is an ability to limit the number of notifications per group in a given period of time. When your team starts a discussion you'll hear that once... and only once. Flexible security settings including end-to-end encrypted chats and message autodestruction; Highly functional voice messages with flexible playback system and optional video recording; Ability to edit a message by pressing an up arrow (like when you replay a command in bash...); A lot of extra functionality like stickers, message markup, and bots (among others inline LaTeX rendering and video search); Instant article preview for a wide range of websites; Reply, forward and pin a message;

Cons

The contact list is based on phone numbers and requires contact permissions on mobile devices.

Sarath from Owebso

Its The Best Chatting Platform that i ever used.

I really love Telegram the only import feature missing on telegram is video calling. but i really don't use video calls , so i really like telegram for messaging and sending files.And i Use Telegram on multiple devices on my Laptop, Desktop PC, and in my phones too and i really like that i can use it on all devices at the same time and i can logout from all other devices fro one device. so overall i my experience with telegram is great and i still use it.

Pros

I really Like Telegram Messenger Its User Interface looks really good, And Telegram Saves all of our chats and the media that we sent , on the server. and I really like the fact that telegram supports in all platforms like Windows,Mac,Linux,Android and iOS and they have its web version too and because of that we can access our chats anytime from anywhere. And there is no limit fro the file size that we can sent on telegram. And we can use telegram on multiple devices at the same time. And I really like the option to add and use multiple accounts in one phone. And in telegram we can do voice calls and we can manage its security features like enable and disable peer-to-peer calling ,blocking certain users, or we can add them to exceptions list. And i really like the fact that there are too many customisation in settings.

Cons

We cant make a video call on Telegram, and the voice calls are not good as the other apps when its on low signal.There is no option to add multiple account on Telegram Desktop version. When we go-to a chat we can see the photos and videos that the use sent or shared on group, but there is no option to see only videos and photos separately.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,501 reviews