• Pros

• "Works great for the price. You can use on desktop and mobile phone which has helped me with being on call all the time."

• "Easy to use, small file size, quick, convenient"

• "I love how easy this is as well as the ability to have group chats. "

• Cons

• "download time was rough but that might of been my computer had lag alot. But other than that trillian is best chat app around to talk to friends and family"

• "While it is a business app/program - bringing some fun into to help us get through the long days would be great! What that would be exactly? I'm not sure... "

• "could do with a way to notify different levels of urgency in terms of sound and appearance"

Browse Trillian Reviews

Joe from Dr. Jennifer Lees LLC

We love this platform!

This solved a very hard problem for us. Our practice management system has a communication module, but it only goes Tx to front desk, the front desk can't reply! We needed to have a running conversation between tx and the front, and also for different people to interact privately or without conversation. We love working with this. Setting up was easy easy easy and tech support has been great with everything.

Pros

We love the ease of communicating safely across the office and when we are out of the office. The HIPAA compliant feature makes this a great tool for staying connected in a place where we would otherwise be running around on foot!

Cons

The PC chat window is a little confusing for us at times. We use different chat groups for different purposes and if someone is looking at the wrong group window they may not see what they want or may write in the wrong setting. It's not bad, but a highlight of what the window is might help. Also, I'd love to be able to set different sounds for different groups and users so I know what I have to jump for and what I can ignore for a while. I have to monitor activity, but don't always need to respond so I'd like to set sounds so I know what's what.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

HIPAA HIPAA HIPAA! Security, ease of install and use, ease of adoption. HIPAA security. Oh, great price/value.

David from iPROMOTEu

Good Product

Excellent.

Pros

Ease of use for employees, ability to pull archives for reports.

Cons

Unable to edit main group (we have two companies under the same umbrella), we'd like to change the name of the main default group to be more encompassing. Chat Disclaimer is sent with every message or none. We are wanting to send a disclaimer to each user at least once. Ideally, every time a new chat window between users is opened it should appear once. The price is steep, every year is getting harder and harder to justify the cost to my board with lesser costly options like Microsoft Teams, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Easiest ability to use with tried and true track record.

Luis from MFS

Simple to use

it is really fast and reliable

Pros

It is easy to set up users, and add new contacts to the list

Cons

it doesn't have a video chat or audio chat option

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

It is easy to migrate from the old IM that we had

Philip from Zenfolio Inc

Trillian is a great way for a team to comminucate

Improved communication within a team.

Pros

Trillian is a great solution for a team to communicate.

Cons

Integration with third party apps was not easy to figure out.

Thomas from New England Bride

Industry: Publishing

Easy To Use and train up

Needed a simple and easy to use app that didn't require my IT department to hand hold existing users and provide extended training for new users as we have many ever changing off-site contributors.

Pros

Very easy to use and new users pick it up quicker than most apps. Plus, continual upgrade & updates make Trillian the best instant messenger for business.

Cons

Do not believe Trillian has any functional flaws- Only suggestions have been minor cosmetic changes which they usually respond to in a timely fashion.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Ease of use and training for rotating off-site staff.

Marianne from Radnor Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent Communications Software

We love Trillian at work and find it so easy to communicate across departments in a large facility and also communicate when I am away from the office but need to be available to the whole team. Group messaging is especially helpful.

Pros

Ability to share attachments, ability to customize login info and visibility, mobile option. Group communication options are excellent.

Cons

Would love more media content like gifs to spice it up!

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Best features for the price. Not much else out there for similar price, at least when I researched.

Jeffrey from Seppi Technology Associates, LLC

Trilian for healthcare

The software is solid, secure, and easy to use. The support is phenomenal. Thank you Trillian!

Pros

The best solution for secure chat available. Works on desktop, laptop, and phone, so you can always get your messages.

Cons

Looking forward to voice calling. Everything else is wonderful

Barry from Best Fab Group, Inc.

Industry: Shipbuilding

In 25 Years of Using Instant Messaging Software - Trillian is the BEST!

Great experience. Has greatly increased communication ability within the company! Great experience thus far!

Pros

Easy to use, small file size, quick, convenient

Cons

I haven't found any Cons in 2+ years of using this software.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Pricing, ease of use, customer service.

Margy from HKM Employment Attorneys LLP

Looking for Good Chat Options? Trillian May be For You!

Trillian was a simple way for my teammates and me to communicate, stay on top of projects and tasks, and collaboratively discuss happenings in our various offices. It helped us keep connect personally, which in turn helped us grow as a team professionally.

Pros

I want to be up front - I no longer use Trillian. It was the chat software of choice at my office five years ago when I began working there, but we eventually cycled through two options before landing where we are now (RingCentral, which is another ballgame). I though Trillian was a great option for chatting with team members in various locations (or within the same office without getting up). Working in a remote office, it is imperative that I remain in touch with my teammates. Trillian helped me do that in a simple, effective way with an easy-to-use, pleasant interface. I was pleased with the ability to toggle between chat streams easily with Trillian, and was also really grateful for the search function in each conversation. I find that chatting is very useful for intra-office communication, but without the ability to search (or archive) within chat streams, it's USELESS. We all need to be able to refer to our comments, questions and answers in order to properly do our jobs, and Trillian was aces in that regard. I also really appreciated the simplicity of the interface. I don't want to have to search and spend time figuring out HOW to chat with people. I just want to be able to chat. Trillian does exactly that.

Cons

When I was using Trillian, it did not have a very robust document collaboration function. My guess is that by now, Trillian has addressed this issue and has grown into cloud computing in the same way that other chat/collaboration tools have. Besides this one observation, I'd say I had no complaints about Trillian, and in fact truly enjoyed using the software.

Katie from Level 10 Contractor

Simple, Does the Job, Few Features, But Reliable

The marketing company that I work for as several "older" souls who aren't too savvy with Project Management Chat Software quite yet. Having this tool as a way to keep in touch and ping teammates has been helpful.

Pros

At first, I thought Trillian was just a sad AIM wannabe that the company I am working for wanted to relive the 90's with. As I got acclimated, I got used to the chat service. It's pretty simple to use, I enjoy the emojis, and having the historical chat messages archived has been a life saver.

Cons

I am patiently waiting a gif search and embed feature. Sometimes words and emojis just don't do the trick, and you need to harness the Michael Scott saying "NO NO NOOOO" gif to get your point across. I do occasionally have some issues with cross-platform synching. (when I chat via my desktop, the message isnt viewable on my iPhone/iMac), and since I switch hit from device to device, this can be pretty inconvenient.

Stephanie from ProtoCall Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great IM Platform

Whenever I've contacted Trillian support, I've received fast responses and resolutions. The software is also fast and easy to use which means less training time for new hires.

Pros

I like you can choose to have your different chats in 1 window or separate. I like you can set your own status to something customized. I love the search function - it's quick to find people. I also like there's a mobile app.

Cons

When I sign into Trillian on my cell phone, my status resets to Online then I have to change it back to Away. I often keep my desktop up but need to walk away from my desk and use my mobile phone. I would like to have to option of your status showing in chat history. We put a lot of info in our status's. I would also like to see a few things merged such as Google calendar (so status's are updated automatically) and video conferencing.

Danny from Beacon Street Studios

Messaging and More Done Right

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team are amazing. They've listened to our feature requests and delivered! We love trillian and our business depends on it heavily every day.

Pros

Trillian is a solid messaging app. The feature we use most is the pier to pier file transfers. No upload/download... just send a file straight to the person you need to. We send a LOT of messages and a LOT of files on a daily basis. Mostly large files. Trillian has been the most solid messaging app we have ever used.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the software is you need to activate the mobile app (even if it's running in the background) when you step away from your desktop if you want to receive messages. I would prefer it just go to both locations simultaneously.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

The pier to pier file transfer and familiarity of the interface.

Ellie from Law Office of Rudy Castillo, P.C.

Awesome Program

My overall experience is that it does exactly what we need it to do and that is to communicate within the firm.

Pros

Once Yahoo Messenger was discontinued I had to find a program that worked similarly like it as this was what we used as a form of communication within our Law Firm. The layout was pretty much like messenger and it was easy to navigate. It is simple and easy to use. We like that we can attach photos, docs and notifications are on point. I receive them on my computer as well as on my phone.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is the emoji's, I wish it had a bigger variety.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

I reviewed many other programs and this was the one that was a lot like the Yahoo Messenger.

Gregg from Individual & Family Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

A tried and True IM App that greatly facilitates communication in our organization.

Trillian has streamlined communication in our organization making it easy to reach out to people for quick questions or answers, pass phone calls , know people's status and presence, and just keep us all connected. We have built in messaging in our phone system but find Trillian a stand-out, stand-alone tool for intra office messaging.

Pros

ease of set up and use under multiple IM protocols. Simple for users to work with. Great support from developer.

Cons

The latest version for mac seems to take longer to get connected to its network than the older versions.

thomas from Toms Cleaning Service

Industry: Writing and Editing

Trillian

5 star program, chat with whoever and have fun.

Pros

Here's a program that is unique. Trillian. When Yahoo Messenger went down and closed, someone told me about trillian and I downloaded to see what it would do. And I got to be honest, they should of made trillian over yahoo millions of years back because trillian is all in one best chat service around. I was impressed with the chat quality and the features of the program like emoticons, chatting, you can send pictures to your friends and family. I am so glad yahoo is gone because of spam bots and have never ran into that with trillian and im so glad to still be a member, and able to talk to my friends.

Sharena from Joneca Corporation

Simple but Powerful

Pros

Once AOL became defunct, we switched to Trillian to communicate within our Corporation. The layout is easy to navigate, and has several customization options. Simple interface. I like the ability to attached documents and photos, and notifications are good.... meaning I rarely miss one. We don't use the feature, but it's possible to Add external account such as Facebook, and Google.

Cons

On associate complains about not being able to position the tabs horizontally. There is no delete function for the individual user. You can't edit or modify an IM once it's been posted.

Michel from Extreme Kitchens

Fantastic instant messenger

Love the experience. support is an instant message away which is amazing. I have had issues resolved in less than 5 min which is a life saver when running a business.

Pros

the screen shot option is a life saver. as well as the new instant messenger to sms feature. I was able to use my landline to send text messages. I work in a location that has no reception so this allows me to text customers/coworkers without having any reception.

Cons

The android app. it is glitchy and laggy. it still does the job but could be much better.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

the price got me. the product and service kept me lol

Nicole from SPI Advisory, LLC

Must have!!

Pros

I love that my contact list can be docked to the right of my computer screen, this allows me to know at all times who is available, who has left for the day, or who can not be disturbed. Another Pro is that I can make as many group chats as I need to this allows me to be able to talk to multiple people instead of have a bunch of different one off convos, also you can name your group chat which is amazing!!

Cons

Trillian has not come out with a redacted feature yet but I am hopeful that will come out in the future.

Dawn from Wild West Property Management, LLC

Office Use

Pros

Ease in which to connect with team members. We are not all the same floor, making communication more difficult. Because we can connect via Trillian, we are able to keep up with our fast paced office and not skip a beat. Ability to review history is a must for our company!

Hesham from AP

Trillian is a great tool with a lot of potential

So far I had a good experience using trillian, still trying to adapt from Slack which had more rich features.

Pros

Love the group chat feature and the simplicity in creating channels.

Cons

The multiple task manager tabs, and escaping characters in messages, as well as the auto copy on select feature.

Katie from Paul Duggan Company Inc.

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Perfect for Staff Communication

This product was instrumental in better communication between employees at our two locations. We were able to problem solve and track inventory much quicker by searching chat history.

Pros

Loved the capability to search chat history - helped immensely with inventory and tracking our products

Cons

Wish it had the option of not showing when you were mobile (maybe it did?) Emoticons seemed a bit outdated but those weren't necessary for effective work communication ;)

Emma from Bluegrass Retina Consultants

Great for our uses, but could do with a few feature updates

Our communication has improved, we were previously using walkie talkies, which while helpful, became distracting. Trillian is a more subtle way of communicating during clinic. Unfortunately, with this trillian is sometimes not noticed immediately by the user and so a way to distinguish urgency would be incredibly useful.

Pros

Ability to communicate in the moment with our team, ability to set up different groups, customization of notification sound/location

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Price point, excess features that we were not using, inability to show message text in notification bubble

Victoria from Callies Performance Products

Great IM Software and Service

I've been using Trillian for 12+ years. I used to use it as just an IM client for multiple chat services, but I've transitioned our company into using Trillian Business and I LOVE IT. It's easy to add/remove users, look at chat history, and send messages to certain groups or my whole company. It definitely makes doing business much easier!

Pros

Easy to use, ability to message groups/entire company, chat history availability and search

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like!

Rich from Bitter Creek Candle Supply, Inc.

Dependable and feature rich.

It was easy to set up a few questions I didn’t have your answer very fast by the courteous staff.

Pros

Ease-of-use end it has all the features we needed our company.

Cons

No cons I can think of. It does everything we need and more.

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

Ease-of-use in and out all the features we were looking for.

Mary from Barrows Insurance

Great Product!

It's great for even a smaller office and to be able to communicate with your coworkers while you have a customer right in front of you

Pros

Ease of use, to be able to do group chats, No Ads!

Cons

There is not much we don't like about this software

Reasons for Choosing Trillian

It came recommended by a previous coworker

Charlotte from Teachers On Call

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Not bad but there are better options

Always worked for us, no glitches - we switched products because we were looking for more functionality and versatility.

Pros

I liked the chat history staying which is helpful when team members show up at different times in the morning. They can review what has been going on an catch up. I would describe Trillian more as like your down and dirty - nitty gritty chat tool. It gets the job done with no real frills. If you need a lower cost solution this would definitely work.

Cons

We didn't have a search function to search for information in the chat history - you just had to scroll for days. This is where TEAMS is a better option (as well as the video chat, conferencing, file share and other options).

Caitlin from Absolute Health Chiropractic and Massage

Great for office communication!

I have used Trillian for years and it has been a game-changer for interpersonal communication in our office.

Pros

I love how easy this is as well as the ability to have group chats.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. It's easy, the staff likes it, and we have never once had it "go down" when we needed it.

Terri from TLC Consulting, Inc.

Trillian - Couldn't do business without it

Using Trillians makes work communications MUCH easier. Quick and efficient.

Pros

Allows for easy interaction with co-workers without having to write an email, send a text or make a phone call.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about it. All our employees use it. And it can be set up on the phone for contact away from the office.

Great for communicating at the office

Overall it does exactly what we need for communication software.

Pros

I can communicate with everyone at my office in regards to customer accounts as well as offer immediate direct supervision.

Cons

It crashes, not often, but sometimes. Transferring files can be a little hard for beginners to get used to.

Victoria from The Riverside Group Inc

Fantastic Messaging Platform

Trillian is beneficial for us specifically for time management. I am able to shoot someone a message or a group of people in regards to information that I need to get out quickly.

Pros

As the admin, I am able to monitor all employees messages whether I am in groups or not.

Cons

I don't recall disliking anything about this product. I'm sure along the way there has been something that I thought "I wish this was different" but it wasn't a big enough issue to stick in my head.

cathy from acupuncture atlanta

Easy to set up, and use

Pros

Cons

I wish you could combine group chat histories - it wasn't clear in the beginning that group chats were saved, and multiples were created. :(

Leslie from Little Colorado medical center

Confusing until you learn it

It serves its purpose. It may have more functionality but it’s hard to find

Pros

We use this software daily throughout the entire company. It is a great IM option and once you learn it it’s pretty easy to use.

Cons

It’s hard to find people if you don’t know thier screen name. Difficult to change screen name, still cannot change it. Would like a tutorial Also wish it would remind you when you have a message you have not answered

Matthew from Harrisburg Project

Trillian is a very useful software for staying in touch!

I am very pleased with Trillian. The installation is smooth and it's quite easy to use.

Pros

I love the flexibility between using it on my PC at work, or on my phone when I'm out of the office.

Cons

When I get involved in an impromptu group, I have to manually delete that group.

Sherrie from Tune Tech, Inc

Usages

Pros

Ease of use and setup was quick and easy.

Cons

The fact that you cannot just change the name on a user. You have to create a new user and the fact that you cannot (as the administrator) delete old messages

None

Russell from Crescent Securities Group, Inc.

Trillian review

Pros

It's ease of use/access and the fact it can be deployed on multiple devices

Cons

Sometimes setting up across multiple platforms can be challenging, but customer service is always spot-on

Najmi from Al Mana Retail

Trillian!!

Pros

Easy to categorize, create and modify users

Cons

The emojis has to be selected and then press the enter key to send the emoji.

Chris from Prime Time Healthcare

A Great Tool

With our company being a phone based company, it is sometimes hard to get a hold of our employees when problems or emergency issues come up. This tool allows us to do something other than just email the person, so that we can take care of things in real time.

Pros

As an admin, it is easy to set up, and that is a huge benefit. I am also glad that we can review the history of our users chats, in case we need to find information or need to remedy problems

Cons

There is nothing that has come up so far in our time of using it.

Chris from Burlington Self Storage

Works Great and Secure

Pros

I like that it just for my business. Very secure and responsive

Cons

That it take up part of the screen and it reduces your overall screen size

Aaron from Royal Bag

Industry: Wholesale

Great messaging app

interoffice communications

Pros

it is a very simple and ease of use app.

Cons

Adding video and conferencing would be a nice addition

Tom from Real Estate

Trillian is great!

I stumbled upon Trillian when we were looking for a quick way to communicate with the team where they wouldn't have to stop what they were doing and pick up the phone, etc. Everyone loves it!

Pros

Very efficient and I don't know that it has ever been down. It provides a cheap way to quickly communicate with colleagues without having to take the time for a phone call or email.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. After thinking... still no cons!

James from Legal Services

Trillian Review

We use Trillian company wide on a daily basis. I have had little to no complaints about it.

Pros

It is simple to use File transfer group chats

Cons

Some small glitches, if a shared URL is very long, it freezes up Trillian

Terry from Linn & Associates

Excellent communications platform

Pros

Ease of use, effective tool for communications.

Cons

Not much so there isn't really much to say.

Melissa from Orchid Health

Trillian review

We use this as our team communication.

Pros

it is quick and efficient mostly, easy to use on the computer and phone.

Cons

It could be easier to find people. I do not enjoy the # situation. I would like to be able to find the single user name first when searching

Khushbu from MCC

Great for interoffice communication

Pros

This is excellent in healthcare since assistants and MA's can contact doctors that are in a different part of the clinic to ask them questions/ update them on patient statuses.

Cons

The sign in on VMware is a bit tricky, in terms of the password, etc. but it's doable.

Kayte from Harris Family Dentistry

Helpful for inter office communication

Pros

This program was very easy to install and implement. It has helped increase our office communication and increased productivity.

Cons

If anything, it is a very basic program but that is not terrible.

Anna from TOC

Helpful simple chat software

I think Trillian is a useful software that allows people to simply chat back and forth. It was not sophisticated but worked really well for our work purposes and I loved the notification you received when someone started sending you a chat.

Pros

I liked that Trillian notified you when someone had started to type you a message. The notification was helpful for me because I was able to start anticipating what people may need when I saw who began typing. The software was easy and simple to use. A simple chatting feature and it had cute emojis to send to people too!

Cons

I didn't like that it didn't have other functions like to send attachments or documents in the chat boxes.