• Pros

• "I love how easy to use and customizable Insync is with regards to forms, numbers of different disciplines within a practice and numerous other factors. "

• "Once you learn the software, it works pretty well for our office. It's a good fit for a small office. A lot of the features are customizable to fit the practice. "

• "Customer support handled our busy office with ease and professionalism. She found solutions and even got the provider that was anti-electronic to start doing it. Love her!"

• Cons

• "Honestly, we have no complaints. The software and support team are the best we've ever used in 25 years of being in business."

• "I have no complaints at this time. I would like to get the cost of the product more reasonable. It is very expensive."

• "What I liked least about the product was the scheduler setup configuration tool primarily because the lag time experienced while trying to access this feature within the system. "

Browse InSync Reviews

Kimberly from Forte Family Practice

Very Impressive System

So far, we are only not even a month into the system and have been able to not buy 10 cases of paper a week. Yep, were were paper charts, Doctor never did EMR. She loves it. Billing is getting a handle on the mountains of EOB's and the Meaningful Use reporting required by ACO's and Medicare, have eased several persons jobs where they have been able to take a vacation.

Pros

Wow! When a chosen group of 4 personnel decided to switch systems, I was in the forefront of finding exactly the right system for our practice. We had outgrown our old system. I chose 5 companies, InSync was the 4th to be viewed. The sounds coming from the office after viewing the system, told it all. We found OUR system. Since all systems with them are not alike, that made it all that more special. Everything was thought of in designing this program from the colors being all happy and when our logo was already on the system, all I could say was "SOLD". Integration was very good, I had transferred systems 4 times before and I was nervous because this was the largest I every had to oversee. They made it seamless. I was the only one to learn the system, per the owner of the company, so as to not have way too many minds explaining what they all needed. I had a good idea of how this company runs and was to design it accordingly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my Implementation and Training Specialist, was unbelieveable. She had so much patience and never minded going over and over things until I understood. When I felt we were ready, we presented it to Doctor. There were tears in her eyes as she was so happy with HER system. Built completely with her in mind and the other 85 other staff members. This systems has and will continue to allow us to take this company to new heights. We added a new office already. Thank you, INSYNC!

Cons

I least like that it is fun. You actually want to keep working, or playing, as we call it. Hard to shut it off. One showing of the system by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and you are sold. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will call you just to chat.... All fun people. The in house people were amazing. I just realized, there is no CONS....

Reasons for Choosing InSync

1st obvious is the price. 2nd was the ease of use. 3rd was the fun of using it.

Nick from Turning Point LLC

InSync EMR Review

Our overall experience with this Insync so far has been really good. We really appreciate the support that has been given to us. I have a few overall concerns though: -Things felt rushed. I felt like even though we had deadlines, we needed more time with implementation. the rep did not contribute to this. Just in general though, I felt rushed to decide on the contract originally, I felt rushed on picking a "go live date", and I felt rushed getting all the information prepared for the go live date (even when it was looking like we might not make it, the option of pushing it back a little was not on the table). -The support team does the best the can to help us solve our problems and we love that. There is a language barrier though that makes understanding the material challenging. Including the Insync University tutorial videos.

Pros

The part of Insync that we like so far the most, is the patient portal and how simple the system is for patients to use. We also really like that we do not have to bill secondary claims out on paper by using Insync. This is way more efficient than what we were doing in the past. We also really like the central scheduler. It is way more friendly. The global schedule is simple, sleek, and clear.

Cons

This is a hard question for me to answer at this time because we have only been live for 3 months. So far what we like least is the billing section of the practice management portion. We haven't used the automated claim generator yet, and honestly we are nervous about it just because the migration from the old system to this was so messy that we are afraid if we do not go through everything by hand for a while, we will miss critical details that will effect claims going out "automatically." Another thing that we really like, but also dislike is how deep this software goes. There is almost too much that can be done in Insync. It is such a big system that we feel that it is going to take us at least a year to really have a good grasp on what Insync is capable of. Lastly, we really aren't a big fan of the way that the assessment is set up currently. We are moving things around and adjusting to see if we can disable parts we don't use, or add parts that speed up our process, but right now it is no simpler than the last EHR we used.

Myron from Family Service Foundation, Inc.

The Support Staff MAKE the product successful!

Our prior EMR sunsetted, and InSync appears to be far superior. Wish we used it for the past years instead of our prior softwares. Special KUDOS to our InSync Support Staff [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who worked tirelessly, respectfully and joyfully to resolve any issues that arose - always beneficially for resolution timing and success! Also shouts out to Expert [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and our wonderful on-site Trainer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! ALL highly recommended, and then some!

Pros

I like that we can control the customization for almost everything

Cons

We have a more complex setup than most, but we worked through the challenges together

Reasons for Choosing InSync

InSync addressed our needs better than Credible, and had superior support options compared to Kareo.

Brittany from Emerge

Highly disappointed in this product; if on the fence, look elsewhere

I was initially excited about this new system because of the capabilities that it was said to provide (i.e., customization to meet the needs of the clinic, streamline communication between 2 locations, departments and therapists, ability to complete daily notes quickly and easily, ability to keep up with progress reports and due dates, simple and intuitive user experience). However, from the first day it was a complete nightmare, greatly contributing to my decision to leave the practice and seek employment elsevisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face. This system caused me to spend countless extra hours working at home and at the clinic just to troubleshoot. My efficiency and quality as a therapist was compromised; More focus and time was needed to deal with inSync, leaving very little time to plan effective treatment sessions and give clients what they need. In turn, this created dissatisfied clients. How could it be improved?: The only way this system could improve is to not exist. I not only lost income and time, but I also decided to leave a great company solely due to this software.

Pros

Implementation team was kind and helpful when on site.

Cons

1. The system was always freezing up causing me to lose paperwork. If it didn’t freeze, sometimes it would take 30+ minutes to load the next page or save when working on things like evaluations. 2. The user interface is very complex to navigate and learn. Requiring countless hours of unpaid work. 3. As a supervisor, it was always difficult to review my assistants paperwork remotely. We eventually had to schedule extra time outside of our normal duties just to sit down and go over paperwork face to face. 4. Whenever there were updates, so many things would change, it was like learning the system all over again. 5. Patient files, names, contact info and important dates were very difficult to access causing many miscommunication between therapist and families. where. 6. Printed documentation was poorly formatted, further impacting my professional image as well as the clinic's

Christopher from Palos Behavioral Health Professionals

Amazing team

Overall a good experience. Implementation team were amazing.

Pros

It is a system that tracks patient care from beginning to end.

Cons

Doesn't allow multi-screen or going back to previous screen. For example you can't read a ToDo and patient chart at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

Cost and hospital billing feature

Carol from Candida Fink MD

Know exactly what you need

the staff is outstanding, excellent, easy to work with, knowledgeable. can't say enough. but there are a LOT of them. all wonderful, but lots to work with

Pros

lots of useful options integrated in one place for purchase rather than long-term "rental"

Cons

there are a few kinks, completely expected. Certain aspects that you can't really 'try' until live that are impactful.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

had (or will have) many of the pieces we needed, in one place, on any browser, VERY responsive for customer service for less that we were paying.

Beth from Jackson Psychiatry Group

Good product, great price

Our previous EMR was too bulky and too expensive for what we got. It was very slow and hard to manage. Insync is much quicker and has some features that are significantly better.

Pros

Insync has a quicker response time, streamlined features that work with smaller groups.

Cons

Some things are quite counter-intuitive or more difficult than need be. A simple thing I found today...in the batch payments section, you cannot copy and paste an amount...when dealing with hospital stays, copy and paste amounts would be far quicker for multiple entries.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

Cost effectiveness, long term goals.

Michelle from Prairie Counseling Center

our choice is inSync

I would like to give [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as many stars as possible. She has made sure our transition has went as perfectly as possible. She is very attentive and understands exactly what I want even though I know I am not explaining it correctly!

Pros

Coming from the software that we were using, this is a definite upgrade for us and there are really too many things that we like "most". Some of those things include electronic billing, the scheduler, the ease of reports, the customization.

Cons

I haven't yet found anything that isn't easy to use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our implementation specialist, has been absolutely awesome to help us utilize features that is perfect for our facility.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

When [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave us our demo, he did a great job. It appeared that we could do so much with the system to fit our small agency and the cost was affordable.

Jessica from Carolina Psychological Health Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Goodbye VALANT!!! Hello INSYNC!!!!!

Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Our questions were answered promptly and our issues were resolved almost immediately. The support team has always been available to assist us as we learn to navigate INSYNC. The best part???? No more "work-arounds"!!!!!! We have developed this software to fit our needs and it is wonderful!!!

Pros

Love the ability to configure and customize everything to meet our daily needs Clinical side as well as Administrative side. Our Implementation team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so understanding and patient with us when it came to adjusting and customizing everything during and after our "Go-Live".

Cons

Sooooo many ways to do everything! It is hard to pick the easiest route when they are all soooooo simple!

Craig from Blair Family Solutions, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great product and great customer service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were highly professional with implementation of our InSync software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been consistently patient, supportive, and generally knowledgeable about any issues we've had. At every step of this process, if we've needed help, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available to us with quick responses or guidance to help us resolve our issues.

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive functionality. Covers our needs for record keeping.

Cons

There are limitations to some features that are less than ideal. For example, when providing services to minors, we are required to obtain a signature from a parent/guardian, yet there is no way to save a parent/guardian signature in a client profile within InSync.

Jeffrey from Paris Family Physicians

Very very good EMR

I am able to now say to the government that I have an EMR that is certified for MIPS and the other current government requirements, which will allow me to avoid penalties in the future.

Pros

It is cloud based so I don't have to go in after hours to do constant "updates" like I used to on my old EMR. THe presentation of the screens appear professional and the notes are laid out in a professional appearing fashion. I like the lab interface as well and the patient portal is very nice.

Cons

The templates are not as robust as what I am used to. THey only allow you to save pre-clicks in the physical exam templates and I really miss it in the Review of Systems. The medication/allergy modules are a third party and don't interface seemlessly with the software. For instance, if a pharmacy sends me a request for a refill on Joe Smith, I can't just click on Joe SMith's name and be brought to the refill screen automatically. I have to log out of the pharmacy screen, search for the patient's name in the EMR, navigate back to the medicine module, search for the medicine that they requested and THEN finally refill it. This is very inefficient. If the pharmacy is requesting medicine XYZ for Joe Smith, we should be able to be brought to the refill of XYZ on Joe Smith with literally one click and no typing of names. I think they are working on fixing this so I am hopeful it will improve soon.

Rebecca from Willowstone Family Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

This system has caused too many grey hairs and too much stress . . .

The set up process for this system was very stressful – we were promised outcome reports and the ability to do accrual accounting reports that were not developed until months after we went live with the system. Most of their support staff are from India and are difficult to understand, and the amount of staff hours it took to customize the system was outrageously high. Overall, it is a relatively easy system to use although there are times when things take three key strokes when it seems like it should only take one.

Pros

Our initial support and training staff were exceptionally responsive to our needs and excellent at what they do. Most of the people who work for the company seem to really care about the product and care about whether we are happy with the system or not. Even the owner of the company went to bat for us several times when we were not getting features we had been promised in a timely fashion. Generally, the system is extremely customizable to our practice and we were able to set it up for our specific needs. Now that the system is up and running, our staff, clinical as well as billing/scheduling, seem to be really happy with it.

Cons

As I mentioned, during the initial setup and customization of the system, our initial trainers and sales people were all awesome to work with. Now that we have gone live and are using the system, we are dealing with the technical support staff. While they generally respond in a timely manner, all of the ones I have dealt with are from India and are either extremely difficult to understand or else don’t seem to fully understand what we are trying to say. This can be extremely frustrating at times. We were told the program was very customizable – which is true. The problem is we didn’t realize that their setup team had so many customizations and updates to make for other clients that it took almost 8 months from the time we signed the initial contract to get our needs addressed. This wasn’t helped by the fact that they kept giving us dates we could expect the next software roll-out and then those dates kept getting postponed. One major problem was that we had been told before we bought the system that it could do accrual accounting. Then we discovered it wasn’t set up to do accrual accounting at all. From April 1st, when we went live, to the end of June, we were unable to generate any financial data. This was a big problem for us. In addition, we were unable to generate specific outcome reports we had been promised (and that we needed for quarterly reports for some of our funding sources). This has been worked out now but was very stressful at the time. One of the things that appealed to us about this system in the beginning was the great reviews it got for its technical support and the responsiveness by which they responded to problems. While they are generally responsive, they haven’t consistently been so. One staff person told us the company was growing so fast that they were unable to respond to the increase in technical support needs. Maybe this is something that has been ironed out by now but it was certainly a problem early on.

Sylvia from Theodore J. Caliendo, MD, A Medical Corporation

October 2015

INSYNC made it all possible! THANK YOU InSync!

Pros

I love that InSync understood from the start that all practices (even within their own specialty) have very specific requirements and needs. Insync personalized the software to accommodate the needs of our practice and also tailored the EMR's work flow to mirror our current work flow pattern. This allowed for a much smoother transition. InSync was our practice's second attempt to transition to an EMR system. Our previous vendor's software was very restrictive and offered very little in the way of personalizing it to meet our needs. It wasn't user friendly and their technical support wasn't very supportive or helpful. Being user friendly is extremely important. Even if an EMR is tailored to your needs, if you can't figure your way through it in a quick, easy manner, you will end up frustrated and unhappy with your EMR choice. InSync's EMR is VERY USER FRIENDLY and is set up in a SENSIBLE MANNER that doesn't get you lost or confused. InSync made our transition from paper to EMR pretty darn easy for such a big, sometimes scary, undertaking. I can't say enough about how much support they offered both technical and personal (needed some emotional hand holding at times!). They went out of their way to make sure we successfully transitioned and they continue to be there for any ongoing support we may need.

Cons

The only thing that I could say here was that I wish I could have extended the 3 day onsite training to 30 days! Uh, but that would be unreasonable I know :-) But in reality, InSync, although not physically present in my office anymore, has always been available to answer my questions, guide me when needed and to help troubleshoot solutions. By "troubleshoot solutions" I don't want to imply there are any "issues" with the software. I haven't found any "issues" as of yet. I happen to have very high expectations of what I was looking to capture from an EMR, and how I could use it to help our practice meet AND score high on ALL clinical measures across the board for P4P, HEDIS and Meaningful Use. So by "troubleshoot" I just meant we worked to make sure this could be achieved. I am happy with the outcome.

Tina from Cedar Ridge Counseling Centers. LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Implementation Team is Amazing!

The entire team is flawless and go above and beyond to help us with every single question we ask, and we ask a ton of questions. They never make us feel like we are bothering them with the same question, as a matter of fact, I feel like we are they only client, when I know that’s just not the case.

Pros

The customer support you receive from the time of the sale to launch and even after is excellent. They hold your hand through the entire process making a very stressful situation manageable, including training our 65 providers.

Cons

Seems like a few things have more steps than should be necessary to complete on the PM side.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

The purchase of the licenses vs just leasing and the promise to configure the system to meet the needs of our group.

La Keita from Institute for HEALing, LLC

I Loved My Implementation Team!

Rep is absolutely amazing. I bugged the hall out of that woman for the better part of a month. She never lost her patience and she was so helpful. Always validating when I figured something out and emailing back so quickly. She is a dream and should get a raise. She supported my ambitious request to go live about 3.5 weeks after signing on and I'm so glad that we did. Was it stressful? Yes. Would using our old EMR been more stressful given its limitations? Yes!!! Rep is amazing! She kind, knowledgable, smart, funny, and a really good teacher. She definitely understands how to teach users to use the system and to think like the system. She also turned around emails very quickly and was a treasure. I'm so glad that I had these two on my team. They made my experience with InSync a great one. I would recommend InSync to others based off these two and the features mentioned above alone. Rep was also a great support. I didn't have an amazing experience with executive. I found her to be cold via email and not very responsive via email. I was short and to the point, but cold compared to my interactions with other team members.

Pros

I love all of the features. Sticky notes, messaging, batch payments, ERAs, form creation, assessments.

Cons

There is no instant message feature. It's a great feature when there is a patient escalating in the room. You don't have to leave them alone to come get someone. Some of the features are over-priced, which makes customers find workarounds. You would get more business by lowering the price because customers would keep the added feature for the life of their time with InSync. No telehealth yet. Please release this ASAP. We have to pay for a service outside of InSync and use it concurrently with the EMR. It would be easier to have it embedded.

Tosin from Antioch Medical Center

October 2015

InSync has been a great, easy to use product!

Pros

I really love the ease of use for the product! There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you've got it down, you don't want to use anything else. I've used EMRs before, but InSync is one of the simplest to use by far. Don't confuse simplicity for lack of features though. The software is pretty robust and can handle almost anything you can think of. They really took the time to make this product user-friendly and feature-rich. The vendors have also been awesome to work with! They take the time to understand your needs and cater the product to best fit your practice. They usually bend over backwards to make sure you're satisfied with the product and your needs are taken care of. I was so happy that my sales reps took the time to demo the product and features anytime I asked or explained anything I had questions about. It was so easy to know exactly how a feature of InSync would help my practice. InSync has been great for my practice and I’m truly glad that I bought it.

Cons

Like others have said, entering in EOBs manually can be a pain. However, once you get ERAs to work, it greatly reduces the stress of posting. Occasionally, you get some hiccups with the EMR being web-based (i.e. timeouts, pages loading slow), but overall it's a great product. Emailing support can be 60/40. Sometimes you get great people to work with and other times you can't get someone to solve your issue. However, I usually get much better people over the phone and a much faster response time.

Joshua from Chesapeake Health Care

Review of inSync

Since we began looking for a new system, I have been impressed with inSync. Since we signed an agreement with them to use their system, their implementation has been fantastic. They have been responsive to our needs, adapting to our workflows, and their training to our staff has been excellent.

Pros

Support, Implementation Team, Customization of workflows, Ease of use, Compliance of the systems, Speed of the system, Updates

Cons

We have not discovered anything we do not like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

They listened to our needs and adapted to our workflows. Since implementation, they have only solidified our decision to join them. The implementation team has been a pleasure to work with.

Richard from Tahlequah Medical Group

August 2016

A great choice with great functionality

We have had InSync since 2013 and have been able to effectively use the software as promised. They are continually evolving and we are growing our practice, and they are very responsive to any suggestions or questions we have.

Pros

The company is very helpful and understanding of our needs and is able to accommodate our requests. The software is web-based, so there isn't anything that is stored locally and nothing that needs to be installed. The automated calls and texts, integration of the patient portal, medication management and insurance eligibility checks are great to have. The Meaningful Use helpdesk staff is a great asset and has helped our practice meet MU criteria and receive our payments. They can also help in case of an audit.

Cons

Cannot scan directly into the EMR, but they are working on it.

Stephen from Headwaters Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

It is a PM/EMR software that works.

Like most of us we want this software to be all things to us. Although we have not arrived at this point, the developers work with us to modify what we are trying to implement and help educate the staff. Do your homework, make sure you understand what you want and need and how they can help you.

Pros

Our billing process has become so much more efficient and case documentation is a breeze. The software is 1) user friendly, 2)self explanatory , 3) has an easy to access resource center 4) and clear instructions . Depending on the style of learning that my staff members are most proficient, they can learn at their own speeds. We now have our own account manager that we can funnel all of our concerns through. The reality is that this program touches most every facet of our practice and we are bound to have challenges. This will help them to help us to stay on top of any training deficits that may materialize.

Cons

It is sometime difficult to have a bunch of behavioral therapists attempt to navigate any IT system. The support is good and responsive. We would all like to have an answer or a quick fix, sometimes that just cannot happen.

Nicholas from HARBOR SPINE AND REHAB

A TRUE SOLUTION for physicians of all specialties and practice management [administrative to revenue cycle management].

Let me begin by saying "I'm a proud user of Insync." As multidisciplinary clinic owner and provider my tasks day to day vary. However, having the ability to implement and EHR and RCM solution that effectively and efficiently allows my providers and me to document each encounter contemporaneously is priceless. Flexibility, the user interface is manageable either by practice or at the provider level. This allows for tremendous customization per provider and results in ultimate efficiency. In my practices, I have always evaluated TTD [time to document] as I consider it non-revenue generating time. Insync has allowed us to decrease our average TTD. Beyond the clinical benefits, Insync offers a powerful RCM solution ranging from the needs of a small practice to a full sized Billing Company. As the founder of a billing company Insync again was my choice for RCM solution. I'm not only satisfied, again, "I am a proud user of Insync."

Pros

USER INTERFACE / FLEXIBILITY

Cons

This is not my con yet I caution those who may prematurely consider it a con. The flexibility that the system offers is to all of our benefit. However, it requires that you and your providers work with Insync during the implementation to achieve some customization. Please take a moment to listen, look and learn how flexible the system truly is.

Michael from Janus Counseling Center

Why a 10?

In the first few week, we have already sealed some holes in our previous billing system, that the previous system overlooked or outsourced to third parties. Making the process cumbersome. This has increased our productivity, as well as increased our revenue.

Pros

After using another software product for several years and feeling frustrated by both the software and the support I searched for another choice. The ease of use is far superior any other system from the way the EMR is setup to the billing and remittance. The support team from start to finish and beyond is phenomenal. The access to support has been absolutely seamless.

Cons

To date the only con has been trying to incorporate all the possible tools the system has to offer. The system has more tools than we can possibly use so it may take some time to reign it in to our needs. Better to have too much than too little.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

From sales to the end; we felt as if we were their most valuable customer and they made the system fit our needs at every step of the way.

Jeanne from Midwest Medical Billing Service, Inc.

Insync has been an amazing company to partner with for many reasons.

Pros

InSync's customer service team is always very responsive and able to answer questions or direct us to the right person. The sales team is always available to speak with myself and or a new provider joining InSync regarding any questions or concerns. We find ourselves working with a particular support representative that knows our business very well. He is able to handle our problems promptly and efficiently. Our providers have needed to work with Insync pertaining to the scheduler and EMR and they have had a good experience.

Cons

While there are many positive features one of the problem areas lately has been the system going down which not only effects our billing capabilities but our providers access to schedulers and EMR. One other problem is that InSync does not support all specialties at this time.

SUMEETA from Rapid Response Billing Corp

USER FRIENDLY AWESOME PRODUCT

Pros

The software is user friendly, self explanatory , the resource center has manuals that can be reviewed with regards to having a question about working in Insync just in case a customer service rep is unavailable, the training system is awesome, the trainers are very knowledgeable and professional in their approach. Having worked with six software in the past I must say not all of them were user friendly and the technical support departments were not very helpful either. The ease of understanding and using INSYNC has increased productivity in my office.Their reporting features are great too. The real time eligibility Feature also reduces denials. Our office has finally found a complete SOFTWARE.

Cons

Manual entry of Eobs is time consuming. You have to enter a chk # repeatedly if there are fifty patients on a chk. If only They found an easier way for that then I would say the software is perfect.

Amy from Private Physician's Office

Medical transcriptionist thinks InSync doesn't look great, but works pretty well

Pros

Cons

It's not a very visually appealing software. Some of the icons and things aren't intuitive. There are certain things that you can't edit unless you're in an Encounter (like Health Maintenance), so if you want to add a Colonoscopy or Mammogram date or something, you have to wait until you're actually having an office visit, not just during a phone call. However, you can edit the History portion outside of Encounters, which is useful.

January 2016

Tonya from Desert View Family Counseling

January 2016

Amazing Customer Service for a Great System

Pros

How easily customizable the system is for your specific practice. InSync implementation team is amazing at figuring out what we were talking about it and adjusting the software to meet our needs. Billing has become so much more streamlined, we are able to check eligibility and copay without having to spend time on the phone for each patient. The process of attaching the copay to the claim is as simple as clicking a button, which is such a great time saver. Our practice was new to any EHR system, so it has been important that the whole team has been available to help any of our staff as needed. It was important for our system to be able to be on our server rather than a cloud/web based application, due to our internet having issues due to the location we are in. This was one of the very few systems that met our needs as well as our wants.

Cons

On the scheduler, master view it would be nice to see all the clinicians at the same time, rather than having to scroll to the right. At times posting payments can be an undertaking if certain insurances are not set up to do ERA, but I find it is quick once you get in the groove of posting the payments. The call reminder system has some hiccups for us, but InSync is working on it.

cynthia from Leg Up Farm

Great Software-Wonderful Customer Service

My experience has been wonderful. When a question was sent regarding difficulty with a component of the software, it was answered and addressed in an efficient manner. The one time that I had to wait for support to correct an issue, I received a phone call that provided me with a reasonable target date for completion. It was completed during that time. The information that we provided to build the system was incorporated into the manner that we requested. The implementation specialist was beyond helpful. She answered all of our questions in an effective manner. She provided me training that would allow me to be as independent as possible, in regards to making changes in the system when we transitioned to support. The trainer was beyond patient with my staff and I watched her explained things again and again in as many different ways, until my staff could grasp the information. She never lost her patience or her professionalism.

Pros

It allows for quick, accurate documentation. Easy to track completed and incomplete documentation. The software was adapted to meet the needs of our specific facility and we were not forced to make the agency's needs fit what the software was capable of doing. All of the information is connected to a visit from documentation to billing.

Cons

When in documentation manager I would like to be able to move a document to another file in a more efficient manner.

Lynne from The OCD and Anxiety Treatment Center

Customer service can not be beat!

This has been a amazing experience! The staff specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were effective, smart, considerate, and felt like part of our team. They were knowledgeable and solved issues quickly. They were willing to brainstorm when the software did not match how the treatment program was running. The software is fast and comprehensive. From the scheduler to the clinical documentation we are impressed.

Pros

The software is very customizable. We have a unique behavioral health clinic and were able to format our software in a way that worked for our staff and clients.

Cons

Migration to a new software always has a learning curve, this was no different. However, what was different is the amazing customer support through the process.

Function and cost

Chelsea from Beach Counseling Services

Excellent Implementation!

Our implementation specialist was exceptional! We had many questions, and her answers came both efficiently and thoroughly. Her organization was key prior to and following launch. I must say that it is this excellent service which their representative offered which made the most impact upon our comfort and adaptation with InSync!

Pros

I will say this a few more times throughout this review, but the most effective tool which InSync provided us with was our Implementation Specialist! The representative offered both vast knowledge, expertise, and efficiency. In utilization of the software itself, the most efficient feature is the claims scrubbing. This extra "check" helps to prevent denials, and once the procedure is learned, rebilling claims via InSync is very simple. Another major draw to us are the array of financial among other reports, which others systems do not all offer.

Cons

There are a few features that are intimidating to utilize at first, such as the Claims and ERA processing; however, with an effective Implementation Specialist, this is completely manageable! Outside of this intimidation, we have seen some appointment reminder inconsistencies, but I believe that corrections to these are in the works. The company is very responsive to concerns.

Mary from Orbit Billing Solutions

Review of PM and EMR

Our company has been with InSync for 10 years and we have watched the evolution of the PM system and the EMR system. They have surpassed where we ever anticipated they would be in 10 years. We look forward to the next 10 years.

Pros

InSync understands the ever-changing system and the challenges providers face when trying to stay current with these changes. InSync evolves continually and uses various methods to keep providers in the know regarding the changes and updates. Their customer service is the best and their EMR trainer team is the best in the market.

Cons

InSync faces the same challenges that every other system faces: no two provider offices have the same processes. However, unlike other systems, InSync offers the highest level of flexibility in their effort to make the system as customizable as possible. No system will check every box for every provider but this one comes close.

Beatriz from Multicultural Care Centers

Great Product!!

I'm the CEO of a Community Mental Health Center with multiple programs and sites and growing. This software has the capability to grow with us which is great. I would recommend this product to similar programs, small or large.

Pros

This system is very user friendly! Our staff has varying degrees of computer skills and they all felt comfortable using the system after the training. Our assigned trainer was absolutely amazing! She made the training process easy and was really engaging! Our sales representative provided great customer support throughout our entire experience. She made me feel like a business partner versus just another sale. Our system needed to be customized due to the diverse programming we provide and they were able to accommodate. This is great product!

Caroline from Center for Psychological Development

Great customer service

Pros

We researched many different EHRs before selecting Insync. We were impressed with the available flexibility available and ability to personalize the system to our own needs. Training was personalized and quite thorough. Insync created and have updated treatment plan templates that our staff created. Scheduling is quite easy, and the graphics are user-friendly and easy to navigate. Being mental health providers, there is a lot of functionality offered for physicians that is not relevant to us. The system is actually more sophisticated than necessary for our needs. Insync offers Customer service is always available, and Matt, in particular, has been very knowledgeable and responsive.

Cons

The report functions are the least advanced, but Insync is making efforts to improve these. Updates/improvements occur every 3 months.

Adnan from New England Medicine & Counseling Associates

MD

Absolutely outstanding. All the way from the multiple free demos, to the sales team, to the implementation specialist, to the on-site live training - they have thought of everything. Most importantly, they never left us hanging. They were always available and highly responsive to our multiple requests. I needed several tutorial sessions to get me up to speed, but I can't say enough that the pay off is downright phenomenal. And that's with InSync "designing from scratch" our request for custom progress notes, history/physical notes, etc. If we had used the "standard notes", I'm sure it would have been even easier.

Pros

It has everything you can ever think of. Definitely designed for the mature user as there is quite a learning curve. Once you overcome the initial hurdle, it is worth every ounce of sweat you poured in while learning to navigate through the product. You will NOT be disappointed.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. There is quite a learning curve because the product is exquisitely dense and full of things, shortcuts, tricks, etc. Again, once you overcome the initial hurdle, you will be navigating through the program like a pro and your clinic flow will improve significantly.

Tonya from Frederick Psychiatry Medicine

InSync is awesome!

Try InSync out. You won't regret it. It will make your practice run smoothly and their customer support team is always available to help with any questions or needs that you might have.

Pros

The ease of use. I am able to do everything I need to do to run my office efficiently all in one easy to use program. They are always looking for ways to make improvements to make my job better!

Cons

I would like an easier way to find patient balances and co pays and balances when I am scheduling their appointments (less steps) but it isn't really a con. Honestly couldn't come up with one other than that

Nikki from Capstone Behavioral Health, PC

A gem of a find!!!

We looked for years for an affordable solution to our EMR needs....FINALLY...InSync!!!

Pros

We were in need of a software for our large mental health practice (60+ providers) that could be customized to meet all of the various requirements we have with our variety of contracts and accreditation. This is just that!! It is very user friendly and has improved the efficiency of our practice a great deal!! Our providers are loving it! The implementation process is a time commitment over 6-8 weeks, but the professionals at InSync were there every step of the way with prompt responses to questions and needs. We are also using the RCM (billing) services InSync offers...so far so good!

Cons

We are honestly so pleased with this software. There may be some minor things that would make our workflows better, but as we recognized those items, InSync put them in as requests for enhancements to their product. For example, we would love to have the ability to send out Client Satisfaction Surveys via the product, but this is not currently a feature.

Bill from Access Wellness Group

Industry: Mental Health Care

Glad to have found inSync!

Overall the experience has been very positive. We had been using an EHR for 8 years prior to inSync. We were looking to make changes when we found inSync. inSync has not only been a useful EHR tool, but the transition from the former to inSync has gone very smoothly. inSync has been able to migrate data for over 12,000 patients effeciently with no interruption in providing clinical services. The whole transition was very smooth. Implementation was extremely helpful throughout the process. Now we are using a much improved EHR at reduced cost from our previous EHR!

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly. Also allows providers to thoroughly document appointments while streamlining the process, saving time without compromising clinical documentation. Navigating other tasks, follow up messages, prescription refills, are also streamlined for providers. Definitely saves time with its features and design.

Cons

The only negative I have is regarding its appointment reminder system. Needs to be fully automated. I'm told that's in the works and certainly hope that change is soon.

Dawn from New Life Recovery Solutions

Industry: Mental Health Care

Insync has made our lives manageable.

Pros

This software so far has been everything I had hoped for. Our office interviewed a number of other software companies and Insync was the only one that was able to accurately customize everything to our specific needs as a treatment facility. I am now able to run the whole office from A-B from the time a patient walks in the door until they leave us a year or two later. You get the feel right from the start that Insync truly cares about their clients and they definitely go out of their way during the implementation process.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any Cons at this point.

Mary from Complete Family Treatment Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Awesome implementation process and specialist!!

Overall experience has been great. It solves the problem of having a "one stop" shop for scheduling, documenting, storing, and keeping insurance information on our clients.

Pros

Everything is housed in one program: billing, documentation, schedule, forms.

Cons

Remembering how to change or edit things as an admin is extensive. Perhaps having a manual to give new customers may help this process.

Reasons for Choosing InSync

We are a new agency and our billing company was already using this software.

Edith from Forever Kid Pediaric Practice

EMR program review

The implementation process was a bit difficult at the beginning but with the help of their dedicated professionals we were able to complete it on time.

Pros

InSync allow you to personalize your EMR program according to your needs. It is easy to work with this program.

Cons

We needed to work in many issues to make it work for a pediatric practice. The end result is very satisfactory. Still needs a little polishing but very efficient to work with it.

Scott from A New Generation Life Recovery Center

Fundamentally sound

Insync is a great EMR system that tare of multiple businesses at the same time. We have a Behavioral/Mental Health business, Home Health Care, Adult Day Care Center, A Medical Center, and a Recovery Center all operating through Insync. They have gone above and beyond all expectations which has truly been a delight. If I ever need anything they have my back in helping me through any issues or changes.

Pros

The tech team is always willing to help out in a timely manner. They will have an answer to my question within 24 hours or less. The system is pretty user friendly and has mostly everything one can need. They have an extremely safe and secure cloud based system that knowing my Patient files are safe and sound.

Cons

Implementation and developmental Phases of the system does take a lot of time and man hours. But you put in what you get out.

Pierce from The Community Lighthouse

Industry: Mental Health Care

If your looking for an EMR that will treat you like a partner look no further

InSync dose a much better job of treating their customers like partners. They will listen to your needs and implement changes to improve the software for you.

Pros

Looks good, easy to use, lots of options and combustibility, cloud based, great on mobile, updated often, and affordable. After using Medisoft and Greenway, InSync is by far the best software with the best customer support.

Cons

The biggest con would be the lack of reporting. InSync has all the basic reporting you would expect but I still find myself exporting data to excel for our Key Performance Indicators.

Veralynn from Rose Ave Family Medical Group

Life saver!

Pros

Staff was very helpful but most of all VERY PATIENT! I admired that greatly mostly because they basically had taught a medical staff of about 14 people how to run the program all on their own. It was a new program so knew nothing. The first day of training was the first day we went live so you can just imagine how that went. Everyone had questions left and right and they were very helpful and knowledgeable but most very calm. Their smile and positivity kept us going. They created templates on the spot, and if there was something that was not within their reach they contacted the support center.

Cons

Although we can have the Internet Explorer open with the program it doesn't always function properly. It works best with Chrome Google. Also, the program takes longer than desired to go from one screen to another.

Chadwin from Community Empowerment Resources

August 2016

A product that brings our practice into the EMR revolution

Pros

What our organization found best about this product and vendor was the excellent customer service that we were given, and the custom tailored services that gave our organization the tools we needed to run, and manage our clinical practice. InSync solutions made our transition smooth and easy because we were able to customize the system to requirements we needed to fulfill as set by external regulatory bodies and federal government compliance with CMS.

Cons

Samille from The BES Group, Inc.

Executive Director

Our agency has chosen InSync as our EMR and we are overly pleased. The software is adaptable to our practice needs so that all of our programs are accessible in just one system. The Team at InSync are experts in this field. Not only are they knowledgeable but are able to explain each step of the implementation process in everyday terms. I could not have asked for better Team Members for this project than Matt and Suzanne. The Team being available at any time for any question is definitely a plus. I consider them a part of my Team! I am sure that we made the best choice.

Tonya from Frederick Psychiatry Medicine

Great Experience!

We have been using InSync since January 2016. We have had an excellent experience with customer service and training. If you ever have questions, they are there to help you! Has been a positive addition to the practice!

Pros

The software does everything our practice needs it to do. It is easy to use and they make updates to make it even better!

Cons

I really have not had any negative experiences with this software so far. It makes things run more smoothly/

Miona from Southern Behavioral Services

August 2016

InSync - a great work-altering experience!

Pros

Our rep has been with us every step of the way and is always solution-oriented when we run into a bit of a snag. She's professional and knowledgeable and always a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Can't think of exactly what I would change about the claims and financial component because we've been, for the most part, very satisfied. There are several things I'd like to see changed on the scheduler end but, again, our rep helps us find solutions to most of our scheduling needs.

Stephanie from NC Neuropsychiatry

Wonderful and Simple to Use

Pros

The product is incredibly intuitive and the programmers can manipulate the system to your needs. My favorite part is the flexibility of the sales staff, trainers and programmers in working with us for our specific needs. I would specifically like to mention Suzanne on the sale's side, and Matt on the implementation side; they are wonderful to work with!

Cons

It can be hard to catch bugs in the systems before you stumble over them, and there is little that the implementation crew or programmers can do before you notice there is an issue. They are however, very quick to fix any issues and if they can't, they offer other ideas and solutions to help.

LeeAnn from Care Tec Pediatric Center

Excellent System and Service

We have received absolutely wonderful customer service throughout the process of implementation customization.

Pros

Cons

I would like to make the schedule itself more customizable insofar as being able to drag and drop blocked time frames and color code them, etc.

Abdulghani from Mental Health care

Manager

Pros

Portal communication, E-forms, and payments. Encounter notes customization. To Dos

Cons

not being able to integrate measures with encounter notes not being able to per-select who the patient can communicate with through the portal. some slowness every now and then.

Tim from Health Services Center

Understanding the software

As stated before inSync has made our jobs much easier by not having paper in our lives at work.

Pros

The freedom and flexibility to work around our schedules has made our jobs easier knowing that there were no paperwork to hold us back from completing our day to day operations.

Cons

The software appears to be great once everyone becomes more familiar with the tools of the software.

Amy from CFPC

August 2016

Good user experience, some issues with reports

Pros

The user experience is great, the software is easy to use and entering patient information and claims is simple. Clear and logical lay out and allows you several reports to double check claims and issues with rejections or denials.

Cons

We have had some issues with running reports using claim attributes and linking correct patient payment information to the correct contractor. We have worked with InSync and have gotten almost all of the issues resolved.