All IntakeQ Reviews

Kelsey

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

User friendly, and easily customizable

Chuck

Reviewed April 2018

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without them!

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

PROS

Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

CONS

Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

Julie

Reviewed October 2023

The best EHR I have used in 30+ years in practice

When I first started using IntakeQ, I thought this software must have been written by a practitioner who actually does notes! All the other software I have used was slanted to the computer tech who wrote the program. Then, it all made sense when I found out about the suggestion to change or improve things from the practitioners actually using the software. Thank you for not only asking but for actually continually improving things to make it just that much better!

PROS

IntakeQ has actually allowed me to enjoy doing my patient notes! This has always been the worst part of practice - not anymore! I love the flexibility of making it "my own" with the flexible flows and processes. It truly is an all-in-one from the audio/video appointments, scheduling, appointment reminders, links to put on my website, and the connection to Fullscript, and it documents right in my notes. I love the voice-to-text feature as well. The ease of reading the notes and the professional look is amazing. The messaging is critical to me with the virtual practice and helps me stay connected with my patients.

CONS

Honestly I have not cons. After using so many other EHR's in the past, intakeQ is a homerun for me.

Reviewed August 2021

Patient Data Management Nightmare - Not HIPPA - CANNOT manage your patient data

Horrific. Caused more problems than it solved. Do NOT use to manage patient data, you will be sorry. You have been warned.

PROS

Was cheap and easy to use, but not worth the headache

CONS

Software uses patients first name and email address to identify them. This is NOT OK for medical patient identification. Unfortunately, the company said there is no way around it, and we cannot use "full name" and "birth date", which is common medical practice to identify patients. What's worse, if a patient makes an appointment with the same first name and email address (like a parent would do when registering their child that has mom or dad's first name, which is very common), the system thinks it is the parent being registered and will overwrite the parents' data. This is completely unusable, completely unthoughtful, and will cause you great stress in trying to (futiley) fix the data management nightmares that could easily be avoided by using name and birthdate. Tech support says there is no way around it and the system is hardcoded for this....completely useless! User beware!

Hi there, Sorry to hear our system didn't work for your needs, we cannot cater to all situations unfortunately. I wanted to clear up a few things noted in this review. We are fully HIPPA compliant. You can most certainly manage your client data, each client has a profile where all of their information is stored. There are various lists, reports, and exports available as well. The issue you noted about clients who have the same email address and first name does exist, as we use the email and first name as the primary client identifiers. Most using our platform don't have an issue with this, though some may. Take care, Ryan, IntakeQ Support Team Lead

Replied September 2021

M. Victoria

Reviewed November 2018

Excellent product - highly recommend

Intake forms are a snap to create, change, edit and send to patients/clients - could NOT be easier. And their service of uploading and formatting for you is SO affordable and easy.

PROS

Easy layout, intuitive, simple with lots of options to do more complex work with it, constantly being upgraded and improved. Customer service is STUPENDOUS! They're fast, quick, kind, polite, thoughtful - really just top notch. Truly could not recommend more!

CONS

It would be cool if there was an app, but it's not a big deal to keep a direct link to the website on my phone - super simple and takes 2 seconds to access on the go

Kelly Elise

Reviewed November 2022

My Favorite EHR

Incredible! Such great customer service and an amazing product.

PROS

This EHR is so affordable for a group practice compared to others that I've used. The customization is incredible as well. While the front-end work is a lot, it is so worth it to set up your systems well.

CONS

I wish there was slightly more of an ability to customize insurance billing information.

Sebastian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2018

The best system to manage your Massage/Physio/Coaching business online!

I can manage the whole client booking experience in one place. The latest addition to automatic birthday email is incredible! And just love Client Portal, place where clients can check their appointments, packages, invoices, etc..

PROS

I love IntakeQ! Before I started with IntakeQ, I did a deep search and tried different systems for my Massage/Coaching business. My main criteria were to go completely paperless and I was looking for a fully automatic way: Client book the session/ or I manually book a client; then the system will send the Intake form (You can even create your own Intake forms, with your own questions and is so easy!), Reminders (both email and SMS to choose), online booking. And after the session, I can easily update my clients details from my Ipad or phone (SOAP notes). The most importantly, the IntakeQ team is so responsive and always helpful, I asked for a few updates, and these were implemented in no time! Thank you so much IntakeQ team!

CONS

None! The IntakeQ system is perfect! And the team is implementing new improvements on an ​ongoing basis.

Christina

Reviewed December 2018

THE BEST SOFTWARE EVER- I'm not kidding!!

PROS

I run a chiropractic practice and I have tried at least 3 other softwares to run my intakes and daily scheduling. IntakeQ has been the best BY FAR and all the other ones were at least $200-300/month so it is amazingly priced as well. I am impressed by all of the functions that IntakeQ can do and most importantly it is extremely reliable. I have never had an issue with appointment reminders or anything else crashing, everything always send out in a timely manner. I LOVE this software and recommend it to everyone because at the end of the day it makes my day a million times easier.

CONS

I haven't really found anything that I don't like.

Matthew

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

IntakeQ is an incredible product

We are using Intake Q for our online medical forms, surveying our clients, and soon we will be adding another HR account to handle our HR needs and new employee forms.

PROS

From the moment we inquired about IntakeQ it was evident that the customer service was exceptional. They walked our team through the pros and cons of the platform and took time to make sure we understood how it worked, and what the specific application would be for our practice. What I appreciate most about support team is we asked them which plan would best suit our organization. It was refreshing to see someone who was 100% honest. They did not try to up-sell and said that the lower of the two plans would fit our organization perfectly. Adding the forms was a breeze and it has been amazing for our office staff and the patients we see.

CONS

There is nothing that we are seeing as a con at the moment.

Avigail

Reviewed May 2023

IntakeQ is a fabulous EMR

PROS

The customer service is phenomenal, great aesthetics/UX, patient portal works well, and the feature options feel almost endless.

CONS

There are many features and options, which can take some time to navigate and set up a practice- but it's worth it!

Brian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2018

Great for automating your PT practice all in one place

Patients love that all of my intake forms are online. They seemed to fill out more of the form and they are completed prior to their appointment. Therefore there is no time wasted when the patient is at the office. They can complete the forms at their own convenience which saves time for them and me.

PROS

I like the variety of features IntakeQ has to offer. I can produce invoices, super bills, schedule patients, send out intake forms and complete secure documentation all in one place for a relatively low cost. There are many more features that I have not started using yet but will in the future.

CONS

I was hoping the emailing feature would be more robust to be able to include more campaigns for things other than current patients. And the ease of use for emails is not as good as other features.

Gun Young

Reviewed April 2023

By far the best practice management software I've used

PROS

Very user-friendly. Not hard to set up at all. Customer service is helpful.

CONS

If I had to pick something, it'd be that IntakeQ does not have some features I want (which is only natural).

Lourdes

Reviewed December 2018

The program is working fantastic!!!

I am a therapist, this program has made my work easy as the forms are easy to edit and adapt according to the needs. Also, the scheduling and sending reminders is amazing.

PROS

easy to adapt forms, easy to find the information that you need in the client's file.

CONS

I would like that the software included billing .

Julio

Makes Managing Inventories Easy

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.

PROS

My favorite thing about IntakeQ is how it organizes documents based on clients. When I send a form out, it comes back and drops it off in their patient file. I no longer have to download, look for the folder, save it, etc. When scrubbing through the client folders, everything is there. I also really enjoy how I'm able to customize forms with fields, of all sorts. The Customer Support is great. Ease of Use and Flexibility. I like the fact that there are updates and you could tell that the team is really working on a roadmap, and new features regularly roll-out. Appointment Reminders w/ Text is Great. Easy Notes, the easiest most streamlined way.

CONS

No Phone App. Forms do not convert easily to Phone Versions for clients to complete. The signature (hand drawn signature) is not smooth; and it looks like the brush is not well thought out. Needs some user-interface work. I wish there were an easier way to message patients via a Phone App. I also wish that instead of a Bubble for messaging patients; it actually just stated, "Messages" I would like to be able to map out the fields completed in an IntakeQ form field, so that the fields populate on top of a PDF or image, as specified by me. We use very specific PDF forms that we are required to use for contracting. It would reduce paperwork redundancy. I find myself sending forms out, getting them back, and then having to transcribe that information onto other forms. I wish I could just take that PDF form, upload it to IntakeQ, and have fields populate onto it based on responses from IntakeQ surveys, or IntakeQ notes. Not all of our patients manage an e-mail, and so, this has been a challenge with those patients to get them rolled onto IntakeQ.

Hi Julio, Thanks so much for the positive review! We have a feature that allows you to map form fields to patient notes. Our support at hello@intakeq.com will be happy to help you set this up. Regarding patients who don't have an email, this article explains how to enable a setting that allows them to use a phone number instead: https://support.intakeq.com/article/149-choosing-the-login-method-for-your-public-forms I hope this helps!

Replied December 2018

Kelsey

Reviewed April 2023

Best Product for the Budget

I was happy that IntakeQ’s user friendliness in set-up was sufficient to allow immediate use, but we did take a significant amount of time getting all the forms we wanted to be electronically available.

PROS

IntakeQ does a fabulous job of working with integrations and not re-inventing the wheel so to speak. They are also cutting edge and effectively eliminate duplicate work. For instance, events on google calendar can be selected to appear in IntakeQ calendars and visits can appear on google calendar, while still remaining HIPAA compliant by labeling ‘busy.’ This is just one of numerous examples, but integrations with expert products supports the superiority of IntakeQ as an EMR.

CONS

While having setting near the functions that you want to change can be helpful, I think a single settings page might be beneficial to quick reference changes, rather than in each area. Think how iPhone manages individual app settings and subscriptions even.

Reason for choosing IntakeQ

Price, customizability, ease of use, automatic intake, availability of self scheduling

Reasons for switching to IntakeQ

Price and ease of use

Arin

Reviewed April 2020

The best option for our therapy office!

We use the bookings functions (only internal bookings, not client direct bookings), invoicing, payment, electronic consent forms and SOAP notes.

PROS

We tried three other well-known options over the course of the last two years before moving all our therapist software functions to IntakeQ. We appreciate the ease of use, the EXCELLENT customer service, the flexibility, the functionality and the price point.

CONS

Wish we could integrate email marketing beyond just extracting our client's email address.

Reasons for switching to IntakeQ

Functionality and cost

Heather

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2022

Still in free trial but struggling to commit because of one critical missing feature

I want to join IQ because of the robust nature of the platform and the support they offer, but there is one feature missing that is non-negotiable for me given the client populations I work with.

PROS

The customization and automation are both robust in this platform. There are multiple question types when creating new forms/templates. Almost every aspect of the platform is customizable to your needs and business. The support/help part of the website is also super helpful, and the facebook group is great for finding answers to questions that may be time-sensitive usually.

CONS

According to the facebook group for IntakeQ (this doesn't include any private requests for this), over 15 clinicians have requested the feature to be added where two people can have separate and independent access to the client portal of a client. For example, a minor client with separated/divorced parents who are high conflict -- this is the only feature preventing me from committing. I don't want to go back to another "simple" EHR but it seems to be one of the only platforms that offers this. It's pretty much the only feature missing from IQ.

Brian