• Pros

• " It takes Care of most of our needs and is user friendly. We love the fact that Kareo listens to our needs and works on updates. Their customer service is outstanding. "

• "The ease of the patient's chart is extremely helpful. The ability to access the web page/ehr anywhere is wonderful!"

• "Easy of use and a quick response from the Kareo Staff!"

• Cons

• "I would like a bit more customization freedom within the software, but overall, it has not been a huge issue."

• "We have a very small office. It is a bit complicated for our needs, but I'm sure a robust software is great for other practices."

• "It would be hard to find a dislike about the system because it meets my needs with very little effort."

Browse Kareo Telehealth Reviews

Melvin from Global Outreach TeleRehabilitation Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Things I would like to see

Overall I think this is a very good platform and very easy to understand.

Pros

Karen is a very easy platform to maneuver. I like how you can find you client data with one or two clicks.

Cons

I would like to see patients that are made inactive be placed in an archive. By looking at names that are no longer a client make it takes longer for me to maneuver through the platform. Also the charge for telemedicine sessions is ridiculous. I have to pay $7.00 per session. Telemedicine is about 80% of my business so I never can budget for Karen it is always a surprise at the end of the month. Also if you put something on a Company Karen account you should have the capability of talking it off. Whenever I log on to my account I have to look at a Doctor who is no longer with my company but for some reason you all cannot take it off. Your company will lock us out of the system without notification, yet our bill never adjust and we have to stop out business. I cannot perform any telemedicine sessions. If we can get a notice so we can inform our patients that would be great especially when we are talking about mental health patient with anger management and PTSD issues. When you turn off notification for a client no one should make contact with them. The telemedicine side say they have to send out three notifications however they sometimes goes out in crazy hours. So when a company turns off notification we should know best.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Telehealth

It was a easier for my providers to understand. However I will continue to look for other options as long as you charge me $7.00 dollars per sessions, I will always be on the look out for another platform.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Telehealth

The other platform was too complicated.

Lisa from Lisa Haworth, MD

Kareo EHR

Support has been outstanding. They can be reached within moments. There have not been any systems issues so Support has been used to determine how something functions. Our coach has taught us a lot and continues to reach out to see if we need anything.

Pros

The office is using Kareo EHR. The platform is modern and fast. It is available on PC, iPad, and iPhone which allows easy use in and out of the office. Patients like electronic reminders. Since the EMR is working well, my biller will being using Kareo PM shortly.

Cons

The platform doesn’t have a way to order requests that are not labs or imaging studies but we have used a round about to address this. Kareo upgrades system monthly so this may be addressed in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Telehealth

Kareo pricing is fair and the product is robust. Support with Practice Fusion was poor during the trial period and Aethna pricing is high. I am very happy with my decision to switch to Kareo.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Telehealth

The previous EMR system had been used for almost 10 years as a desktop app. Since the office wanted to become cloud based, Kareo EHR provides more benefits compared to the previous company. Also the previous company’s Support has been declining.

Cara from Craft Behavioral

Good Value for your money

Started small with just the billing platform and have expanded to billing support, EHR, and marketing. The EHR and billing work seamlessly and accounts can be viewed in EHR. Pt reminders are via phone, text and email. Most insurance verification can be done on the platform. Labs and other ancillary services can download results into the EHR.

Pros

It's the total package. You can purchase as much support or as little as you feel you need. Marketing made a big difference for us. The pt reminders have made a huge difference also.

Cons

Sometimes your team gets changed and there is a getting to know you stage.

Shelly from RiverCity Family medicine

Happy practice

Pros

Cons

There some few areas that need to be improved sooner than later. 1 -When you send a referral the demographics should be included and the options to send labs and studies. 2- when you upload results for the Dr you should be able to assigned them to the dr for reviewing and signing off on them. ( we can do labs and studies but not referrals or consuls or other important things. 3. The hospitalization and procedure section needs to be improved. Because when people get admitted to the hospital they generally have studies done and that section does not allow you to add any more than one thing per day. 4. I feel there should be a place for the hippa to be documented in the demographics sections. We currently use the note section in the demographics and document it there.

Kaci from Neurological Surgery and Associates

Extremely pleased!

Pros

Cons

That the information doesn't crossover seamlessly into the patient's chart when they fill out the paperwork online. Multiple crashes when they try to submit their paperwork.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Telehealth

The price and the versatility of Kareo.

TANIA from Rheumatology Center of San Diego

No customer service

Pros

I have been using Kareo way too long. I will be moving to a different platform soon for sure. Every time there is an issue there is no customer service available. When I started using Kareo EHR in 2013/2014 it was for free and there was an excellent support. Now it's 2020 and I pay close to $700 for 1 physician and 1 PA with no customer service. You can call, submit a ticket or email but it either gets lost in cyberspace or customer service reps and not well trained or trained at all to handle issues.

Cons

no support and there are always problems, especially with frequent updates made.

Reasons for Choosing Kareo Telehealth

Back in 2013 I chose Kareo billing. because of the connectivity with Practice Fusion EHR. Then Kareo came out with their own EHR and I fell for it. If I knew then what I know now...

Response from Kareo

Replied July 2020

Hello, Tania, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. We are sorry to hear that you have considered leaving, and would like the opportunity to address any unresolved issues you currently have open. Someone will be reaching out to you to discuss anything that is outstanding. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to speaking with you soon, Kareo.

Betty from Preston Square Rehab and Wellness

Pleased Kareo User

Pros

Kareo has a very user friendly package for Physical Therapy. It is easy to use in my day to day tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Kareo Telehealth

Needed to update our system. We switched to WebPt and Kareo at the same time.

Deja from STORGE

Efficiency is key!

It is the most attainable clinical software available today! Takes the stigma out of the EHR expierence.

Pros

Effective Simple Affordable Compliant Real

Cons

I have none. There is nothing going on with this software that causes any providers I know any problems.

April 2013

Kathy from HighPoint Billing Solutions,LLC

April 2013

Best Medical Software on the market

Kareo is by far the best web-based software on the market! I have tried many, Kareo continues to surpass others products with the ease of use and the reporting processes. You will not be sorry when you give Kareo an opportunity to improve your overall billing processes!!

Pros

The ease of use of Kareo makes it an easy decision in purchasing a web-based medical software program. From the sales staff to thhe implementation team to the consistent support from customers service,hands down a superior product. There is no other choice in products on the market that offer as much as Kareo does and stands behind their product after the purchase. Kareo also does not lock you into a contract, they are confident that you will stay and they make it easy if you should choose to leave. Kareo keep up the good work. I will never leave! Thank you for such a incredible software.

Cons

It is hard to come up with "cons". I would say the only cons that I could think of is that you are limited by your own ability to discover. There is so much that Kareo can do to make the process easy, you have to explore and talk. To customer support to see just how much you can do!!

Devon from Craft Behavioral Health

Kareo EMR and billing platform

I like the Kareo billing platform and the Kareo EMR when using them together. It is kind of frustrating that I have to flip back and forth between the facesheet and account to view the insurance when doing prior authorizations. I also wish the patient's insurance information was more readily available to see. However, past due balances and copays are easier to track. Kareo EMR is also super nice because it will tell you if a patient's insurance is active or not.

Pros

That Kareo EMR and the billing plateform are super compatible with each other

Cons

That the patient charts are not more efficient.

Adam from Quest National Services

Great Software, Amazing Value, Great Support

Pros

Very easy to use in comparison to majority of other medical billing software solutions out there. US based support that is there when you need them most - ultimately we have support from 9am EST - 8pm EST... The versatility and adaptability through it's open API solution is incredible!

Cons

There aren't any negatives for a small to medium and even some large sized practices.

Jerome from Revive Life House

KAREO is difficult to use for Beahvioral Health.

Pros

Very easy to learn how to use on your own. Other than that, it is not the easiest program to use for behavioral health.

Cons

Very slow and cumbersome and not user-friendly for counselors 1 Cannot enter groups all at once (having a preloaded listing of clients and enter a visit in and have it populate automatically in all their charts) 2 No treatment planning option at all; other programs have treatment plans that ties notes and counselors to specific treatment plans (cannot update them electronically); 3 Even when you choose more than 10 clients per page, you still have to scroll down; window does not fit screen; if you get out of it, it defaults back to 10 clients; slows down progress 4 You should be able to print all notes out for client at one time I have worked at both the state and federal level and while their systems were much more in-depth, they were more user-friendly and ease of navigation.

January 2013

Anastasios from Right Start Pediatric Therapies, Inc.

January 2013

I wish I had found Kareo a few years ago.

As an organization providing therapy to hundreds of children weekly, we needed an effective web-based system and company that could handle our billing needs. We chose Kareo because of their fully secured web-based billing system, which allows us to manage claims while traveling and providing home-based therapy. Kareo has a competitive flat fee, and I know very well that other companies are adding additional fees for standard services, such as customer service, software updates, and training. We have seen an increase in collections by 8% during our first month of use and we anticipate a 20-25% increase in our third month. Ease of claim submission and claim tracking have cut down on our overall work load, allowing the system to do most of the leg work. Kareo is fully integrated into our EHR, allowing us to focus on quality services and not on claims. Kareo has world-class customer service and a state of the art interface. I highly recommend Kareo to all medical professionals.

Pros

Easy to use and learn. Flat Free Pricing. Nice aesthetics of interface. Consistent EOB and ERA tracking Tracks insurance detail per patient

Cons

It wold be nice to have an iPhone that could do some billing. It can manage a schedule.

Leah from REOH

Good start

We have an unusual practice and although Kareo is more robust than we need it to be, we have found that it is easy to modify and tweak the process to be really helpful for our business.

November 2015

Ashley from Lliberty Medical Diagnostics Center

November 2015

Kareo the Great

Pros

Kareo is a very handy system in itself, but what makes it truly stand out is the support team. Every time I have had a question either by phone or via chat, they have always been able to help me out. I love that I am able to print out the discussions online as well, so in the future I can look back to it and know exactly what to do.

Cons

Nothing bad so far. The product works well for what we are needing to accomplish.

July 2016

Lynne from Comprehensive Holistic Health & House Calls

1.5

2.5

July 2016

6+ weeks of Kareo

Pros

detailed drop downs in clinical record for skimming & clicking for positive signs/symptoms. Could use more (-) boxes for pertinent negatives. Your interactions & medication detail is outstanding.

Cons

DAILY problems-especially with ERx. They sucked up a lot of patient time & slowed my charting/billing to a crawl. ***The deal breaker is that there is no way to periodically download clinical information so it can be stored off site in case of an electrical or ransomware disaster.

Response from The Support Team

Replied August 2016

Hi and thanks for sharing your feedback on Kareo. Regarding your concerns about slowness with the ERx, it looks like you’ve had a number of productive calls with our support team. Please reach out to us again if you continue to have issues – we certainly want your use of e-Prescribing to be convenient for you and your patients. Regarding periodic back-ups of your data, Kareo sends your data to our secure cloud where we perform several backups per day. We also send your data to another off site location to prevent access by anyone other than your authorized practice staff. We encrypt your stored data and monitor access 24/7. Finally, if we see any unusual activity, we are able to detect and stop it quickly. So while the overall responsibility for the protection of your data relies upon your onsite security practices, we can play a strong support role in how we handle your data in Kareo. Again, please contact our support team if we can help you further.

Greg from Strategy Anesthesia

Kareo, aware of a MAJOR Issue involving

Treating customers in an insulting and condescending manner is unacceptable. When contacted first thing Monday morning, May 1st their phone system announcement was more aware of the issue then the support staff!

Pros

It's an elusive idea. You want positive reviews then provide the service your charging us for and fix all the issues and start implementing ALL the REPEATED requests for improvements to the system... Most years old!

Cons

Everything involving technical support from long hold times with terrible hold, technical support who are clueless of current, or any other, issues with this product.

Estée from Lifestyle Eye Center

2.5

June 2014

Kareo has been great to work with!

Pros

Kareo has been great to work with. The interface is intuitive and easy to learn. There are many reports available that are very helpful. Kareo support has been very responsive and good to work with. I feel that my suggestions for improvement are taken seriously.

Cons

tracy from triad behavioral resources

Wonderful EMR

Great!! All of the trainers have been wonderful and so helpful. Very positive experience.

Pros

It is user friendly. I also like the billing feature that comes with it and the eligibility software as well.

Cons

I do not like the way you have to go in and cancel a patient. There should be an easier way to document why the patient is cancelling.

William from Doc At Your Door, PLC

Kareo top rated for a reason

High rankings by Black Book and KLAS justified!

Pros

User-friendly, intuitive, full features. Assessment/Plan can be compartmentalized / segregated by diagnosis. Complete Activity Log in chronological order. Easy to e-Fax info to colleagues

Cons

When prescribing any given med, there is no default SIG -- prescriber has to generate a SIG from scratch each time. FaceSheet can not be custom arranged Amending a note does not revise the note and label it as amended, but rather keeps original note and attaches the changes at the end.

Kelly from North Shore Health and Wellness

Easy to set up and great customer service

Pros

I like the way it looks, it is bright and colorful. It is very easy to navigate once in the chart. There is a lot more for me to learn as I just started using this product. So far, it is great!

Cons

I easily deleted a section while writing a note and had to redo it as I could not get it back, auto save would be awesome

Elysia from Southern Wellness Services, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy to set up and easy to use!

Pros

Support and training videos are available to walk you through the set up. Many facets of the software are highly configurable, so you can customize Kareo for your office needs.

Cons

I have been using this software for almost two months, and I haven't found any cons yet. I will keep looking....

April 2016

Denise from Cepero Pediatrics, P.A.

Kareo Rocks

Pros

The training and implementation staff are excellent. I like how the software is up to date with any changes, such as with the transition to ICD10.

Cons

I feel that the training could be a little more in depth, or the training period should last a little longer

Terri from The Medical Synchrony Center

User Friendly

Pros

We are a small start up practice that is fee based. Out of the 6 EMR systems we reviewed Kareo was the most cost effective and user friendly. I would definitely recommend it to another small start up!

Cons

There are some features that are still in the works, like patient forms being available on the portal, as well as the ability to print the schedule in calendar view.

January 2016

Mary from Advanced Dermatology, Inc.

January 2016

Poor customer service

Pros

Ease of use and ability to generate a number of useful reports to evaluate the practice.

Cons

Poor customer service. Usually wait on phone for 30 plus minutes to talk to someone. Hate using the chat customer service where you have to type in your questions and wait for a response.

Donque from Smile Therapy Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

System is very helpful in regards to language for clinicians, and tools for usage.

Pros

Tools in regards to notes being submitting. User friendly easy to navigate.

Cons

Not sure if it is a guide or help link to maximize all the benefits from the system.

November 2014

Josh from AFC Physical Medicine and Chiropractic Centers

November 2014

Satisfied Customer

Here at AFC, we sought out on a long journey to find an integrated platform that would encompass billing, scheduling and documentation. After careful consideration, we choose Kareo to support our needs. It has been a terrific partnership. Changes in an organization can be a challenge, but our experience of coming on board, training our team and utilizing the full potential of the system was not as painful as we anticipated. The healthcare system is ever changing and we're confident that through our Kareo partnership, we can continue to do what we love....serve humanity.

Deja from Professional Revenue Management LLC

INNOVATIVE

Pros

User-friendly software. Easy setup, convent edits, and features galore.

Cons

SAY WHAT???!!! There is nothing that I like least about Kareo!

Lanita from Health Wealth & fitness

Horrible Customer Support

I purchased Kareo first basically because of the price but if I had known about the poor customer support then I would have payed more money for less hassle. I ultimately cancelled the product at 2:30pm and well at 7:30pm the same day they billed me again. I called and explained my situation and well there was nothing that could be done. I would not use Kareo again under no circumstances!

Pros

The price was the only attractive aspect to the purchase.

Cons

Customer service was overall very poor.

January 2015

Sheneka from Wee care pediatrics, llc

January 2015

Easy to use!

Pros

The learning curve is simple. I love the preloaded templates. You can also customize or create personalized template to meet your needs

Cons

I don't like the price of the Practice management software. I feel it could be less expensive for NPs/

walter from nextclinic

Get quote in writing or bait and switch

make sure to get a quote in writing, we received a quote and started to implement the software and later found out it was really two times as much, had to start all over with a new company. Lots of wasted time.

Pros

original price

Cons

the actual price

August 2013

Maria from For Eyes Optical

August 2013

What I like best about Kareo is that they already have connections with vision insurance companies, like Gateway. Implementation called within 24 hours of sign up, they were on-time for scheduled webinar. They're also always available for phone support calls.

August 2016

Leah from REOH

August 2016

Good overall experience

Pros

They have a good support staff who was very patient with me :) and an intuitive interface.

March 2015

Christopher from Colorado Neuro Health

March 2015

WHAT A DELIGHT!!!!!

Pros

Easy of use and a quick response from the Kareo Staff!

Cons

Have not run across any issues whatsoever.... The only issues we have had was a short between the floor and the keyboard. The Kareo equipment works great!

Katie from Greensboro Pediatric Surgery

User Friendly Product

Our office has been using the practice management product by Kareo for 5 years. I love is user friendliness. If I ever have a question it is typically answered with just a short online chat with one of the Kareo support staff.