• Pros

• "I loved how the application was super easy to use. The navigation part of the application, made my daily workflow easier."

• "Easy to use , customer service is quick and easy to contact"

• "Friendly, easy to use, very powerful if you know how to use it. The integration between applications is great. "

• Cons

• "The system works well, though it does take some time to get through and learn the software initially."

• "There are some functions in the claims processing that are a little confusing but the support services are great when we call the help desk in walking me through the process."

• "Easy to use, but for our practice we need to customize more we need to have more capabilities for our ASC."

Browse NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health) Reviews

JEFF from SAG-AFTRA

Keeping YOUR Health Together-NextGen Population Health

I have had providers leave a company when I needed them, and luckily have been shifted to a virtual visit at times in order to keep my medical conditions on a steady treatment path. I like Patient Portal communication because often it is simply to difficult to speak to you Professionals one on one. Medical records, EHR's, RX needs and face to face care still take place but can do so without such time or travel delays. Then a bonus of my information being intertwined with Companies using NextGen (of course with my consent) mean safer treatment options if I dissect the concepts here. I feel secure on the web and in seeking the best treatment for my concerns at any given point. This is a win/win for me.

Pros

I chose to review this avenue because I am on the receiving end of many Health Care Professionals who are using telemedicine and health portals to provide smarter, faster and more streamlined medical care to millions of people. I happen to be one of those people. NextGen Population Health, and its general Patient Access Portals both play a huge role in my medical needs, physician to physician communication and my EHR's as a whole. Electronic Health Records to me are critical. I have a few specialists and I love the ability to have them accept my permission to review my records and such. Just a smart way whether you are a traveler, stay at home worker or an everyday "Joe". Patient safety in my idea here is also upped, leaving less room for critical errors that could arise. A Wonderful Platform I have used as a general Portal for over 5 years, and more recently teleconferencing for a specialist these last few months. Very patient oriented and available when often the world seems booked.

Cons

I am hoping that the Company concept will continue to impact Physician/Patient/Peer communications and flow quickly into the offices of most Practicing Medical Professionals. My downside has been virtually nothing. I still use a former Physician group in another major city where I received medical care for several years and relied on their Patient Portal powered by NextGen. I keep my specialists on their portals and search them for my needs based on my own chart with them. It is easy and right there. I have seen no hippa related issues and I get what I need for efficiency out of it. I have no cons except its under-utilization. I do respect that for some, this idea is not an ideal fit, so regular visits and records should never end for those who use something related to their well being in an alternative, standard capacity such as in person needs.

Barry from RestorixHealth

Get to know it

Took a while to learn the system, but in’s you learn the ins and outs of navigation it a breeze

Pros

Everything thing you need is there. Options are unlimited. Navigation is straight forward once you learn the system. Support is knowlegible and fast.

Cons

Tough to learn. Training team needs a lot to be desired

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

Betting linking with other ears , but tough decision

John from Colorado Rehab

Powerful But Steep Learning Curve

NextGen is a very powerful and highly customizable EHR and practice management suite. It is especially handy and speedy if you have it hosted on premise along with a powerful server for SQL. With the right expertise, NextGen can be customized to exactly how you want it to behave. The interface may look a little dated at this point but functionally it is very good. You may also want fairly beefy PCs since the fat client is resource intensive. Having a NG trained expert (or power user) on call/site is extremely helpful as well to get the settings, auto-flow, and templates setup correctly for your practice. NG is really good for medium sized practices as it can handle multiple practices, providers, and specialties all at once. Some setup tasks can be repetitive (and should really be fixed) but once you get familiar with it, and can stomach the licensing costs, NG will serve your practice well as a long term EHR.

Pros

NextGen is vastly powerful and has lots of feature that are either built in or can be added. Good SQL performance. Flexible and customizable.

Cons

Steep learning curve, onsite SME highly recommended. Expensive licensing High server and PC requirement to get the best performance

September 2014

Cheryl from Ankle & Foot Clinics Northwest, P.S.

September 2014

Great potential, but needs some improvement!

Pros

They are improving the product consistently. There have been two product updates since we started with them in March. Customer service has improved greatly as well. 99% of the time someone who picks up the phone and helps you with your problems. They have daily webinars that are free of a particular topic, so you can log in, ask questions, get help, and then log off. The product has a lot of great things such as ease of sending the charges from the docs to the billing department, seeing the exact statement that a patient received so you can talk to them more intelligently, getting lots of detail on the claims, rescheduling a patient from one day to the next, and blocking a portion of the schedule or opening a portion of the schedule.

Cons

You can submit issues via email, but once they respond back, they close the case. Even if they didn't give you the answer you were looking for, you then have to email again and reference the case requiring you to print everything to keep track, because there is no way to follow the status of your case. If you submit feature requests, there is no way to know if they are working on it, aren't considering it, holding it for a future update, etc. There are specific reports that you can get, but if you need something that's not pre-built, there is very little way to obtain the info, if at all. I requested some kind of report writer. The reports all come out as an Excel spreadsheet which is good, because it allows you to manipulate and move around the data, but when you print it's very unwieldy and not pretty. They need to have a way to convert the report to a PDF format once you have it the way you like. Many of the reports don't offer options such as picking providers, locations, payers, so you have to manipulate the report after it opens to delete what you do not need, which is time consuming. The software is extremely dependent on location, which means everything you do has to be done by location creating a lot of work. If you have many offices, your docs do surgery in several locations and they are outpatient or inpatient. Changing or adding something has to be done many times, because you do it by location. It would be easier if there was a drop-down listing your locations and you only had to check the locations to which your additions or changes were applicable. Parts of the software feel as if they are too structured and everything has to fit into their predetermined way to do things. There is not enough flexibility and leeway to change portions that suit your practice. Vendor training was not great when we started and we paid for an outside vendor that works with Healthfusion to come on site and train us. I understand that the help and training portions have changed a bit since then and may be better. It has great potential if they would open up the software and be more flexible!

Vipul from Kubal Family Medicine, LLC

family physician review

I'm overall happy. Every EHR system has its pros and cons, but I believe Nextgen Office has a very good combination of ease of use and overall cost.

Pros

It is very easy to complete my notes at the time of examination of the patients

Cons

whenever an upgrade or maintenance is completed over a weekend, many times we run into problems coming back to work on that Monday. For examples, slowness, screen freezes up, etc. The latest incident was this past weekend. It was eventually corrected on the Monday, but it slows us down.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

more cost effective, and in my opinion easier to use

Jay from Mickenbergs Ambulatory Foot Care

About to go live

In my heart I know, after the growing pains, it will be a good product. They have a lot of videos to watch and webinars available. Call back is never as quick as when you need help.

Pros

2015 certified APMA partnered to work with them. NextGen uses APMA registry. Health Fusion was already purchased by NextGen so they aren't going anywhere. Customizable

Cons

1. It looks great when sales people show you but out of the box requires A LOT of customization. Of course, the good is that it is able to be customized - but YOU do it. 2. YOU do all work. They show you but you DO it 3. Many of the verbage they use looks good until you READ it. Then you realize how many changes YOU need to make.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

Sammy not 2015 certified Small company (may be sold) - MM has scared me. Otherwise, this was a GREAT podiatry software

Shirley from Complete Provider Resource

Not what we were hoping for

We have about eight months into this software and are still struggling with very basic issues such as claims not making it to the carrier and reports not functioning to our (or our clients') level of expectation. I cannot report on many fields in the system and despite being told in the beginning that their reporting tool was being enhanced and we could report on individual fields, and spend additional money to export data so we could create our own reports. Clients are increasingly frustrated with inability to get eligibility checks on many of their common carriers and to get anything much beyond just confirmation of coverage (not outline of actual benefits, etc.) Collections module is clunky and we have not found it to be effective. On the upside, claims entry is fairly simple, and auto posting is a breeze, as is data entry of patient information.

Pros

Autoposting is fantastic. We find it does it correctly close to 100% of the time. When the system cannot effectively autopost, it "flags" the RA so that you can address it individually. When we initially converted, we found that importing patient demographics was refreshingly simple and something we could do on our own without additional costs. Patient demographics are easy to enter and maintain.

Cons

Reporting is completely ineffective. Canned reports don't balance against each other, and it's hard to quantify values. Not much assistance from Customer Service, although they do try to be helpful. EDI process has been nothing short of challenging. From enrollment issues in the beginning to claims submission and follow-up issues, we are finding as we work AR several months later we're still having issues with some of our claims from early on which can't seem to arrive at the payer, despite acceptance confirmation from Healthfusion/ENS. It's costing us hours of time on the phone and lost productivity. We also cannot actually see the acceptance reports and are told we can't have access to those because they're in larger batches, which again creates additional phone calls and work on our part.

Ashley from Parkway Medical Group

NextGen

Pros

The system is pretty easy to use. There are multiple ways to do pretty much everything in the system. Very rarely does the system go down.

Cons

Easy to delete some things. The system seems slow frequently but it is fixed fairly quickly.

The ease of use.

Kiara from Waipahu Family Health Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Medical Records/ Information

Overall, I love using this website for medical information and record updates. I love being able to schedule appointments for my kids and I, it makes it really easy. NextGen still needs a little work but overall, its easy, accessible, great way to communication with healthcare providers, shows your medication and so much more great features.

Pros

I love that we are able to schedule our appointments online. I like that we are also able to see our medical records and other information about myself and other family members. I also really like that its easy access anywhere you go. I like a lot of the features on the site.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the software is the communication on scheduling and communication between a healthcare provider can take long to 2 days or more.

All hat no cattle

Support is, for the most part, responsive and diligent. But the reason NextGen was chosen was because it was customizable. As time goes on, NG is moving away from that and toward hard-coded standardization. This makes it much less appealing as its pros begin to be outweighed by the cons.

Pros

The practice management end of NextGen is great. This means consistently good checkin, billing, collections, and AR processes.

Cons

EHR tends to become more of a mess as time goes on. Instead of fixing glitches and even critical known issues, with each release comes new features that we didn't ask for.

Customizability and cost.

Michelle from City of Long Beach - Dept of Health and Human Services

IT Program/Project Manager

In 2006, a 3rd party integrator (no longer in business) sold NextGen to our organization and since this was their first time installing it, the installation and configuration was barely implemented. To mitigate, in 2011, additional Practice Management training from NextGen and EHR Training/template development resources from Ciscon were engaged to review billing processes and create clinical workflows. Thanks to NextGen/Ciscon, we were able to launch the EHR in 2013. Since then, they have helped us make significant improvements to the clinical workflow (customizing templates) and billing processing. In 2016, the NextGen reports allowed us to start receiving CMS Meaningful Use/ACI incentive funds.

Pros

1. Highly configurable...an organization can develop/program/configure any template or drop-down list box to tailor it to their clinical staff! 2. Software includes everything a clinic/hospital needs...and with NextGen's MirthConnect product, any interface or integration to another system is possible and easy! Besides the EHR and Practice Management, NextGen provides a Patient Portal, ePrescribe capability, Rosetta and MirthConnect (allowing interfaces to any system like LabCorp, Quest, Immunization Registries.), and much more! 3. NextGen Support is awesome...and if there is a new staff member, just request Tier 2 or Tier 3 support techs so your challenges are addressed quickly by experts in every area of the product! 4. NextGen Training is helpful from knowledgeable and experienced staff who have worked in clinical and front office environments. For any upgrades or projects, or if you are brand new, leverage the advanced trainers for additional training for staff and learning how to utilize/configure the system by having them review your configuration. 5. NextGen Development and NextGen 3rd Party Integrators (like Ciscon) are amazing to work with...If you don't have time to develop templates or learn, contact them to obtain a quote. I have been most impressed with support team at Ciscon! They have been able to streamline Provider templates and save tons of clicks so the Providers just adore and appreciate the efforts! They were also able to train all the clinical staff on the new workflows.

Cons

Like any EHR (vs a paper chart), there are lots of clicks for the clinical staff members. In addition, the graphical user interface was so new to staff, this caused delays in the encounters. (To mitigate, we spent time, money, and effort on training users as well as building customized templates...This was worth every penny!)

Saeed from Boston Dermatology

Dermatology Office Using MediTouch's HealthFusion for nearly 1 year

In 2015, I spent countless hours reviewing/sampling one EHR after another to find a good fit for what we needed/wanted in an EHR. We were moving from paper and wanted a cloud-based solution. As a dermatology office, we absolutely need the ability to document patient's skin findings on a diagram. HealthFusion was one of the few that gave this ability and even allowed us to upload our own images which we have designed for quick easy use. Most dermatologists will utilize a more derm-specific product such as Modernizing Medicine's EMA, PracticeStudio, etc, however, another criteria we wanted in our EHR was something that was truly platform-independent and browser-independent -- could work on a ChromeOS computer, a Mac, a Windows machine, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc. Again, MediTouch's HealthFusion EHR & Practice Management product provided this capability while other derm-specific products did not and continue not to. We also do our billing in-house and wanted a robust billing product. MediTouch is their own clearinghouse which is a big benefit so when there are issues, we don't hear from our vendor "Oh it's a problem with the Clearinghouse", instead MediTouch customer service tells us "Oh we need to fix that". Customer service is overall very good - it is here in the United States (Pacific Coast which is our local time zone) and available relatively quickly. So why not five stars? Well, the EHR itself is not designed very well for a specialty-specific practice like ours so we went through a process of customizing it for our needs. We are happy that customization was available however it was a daunting and time consuming process. While the EHR system allows for some meaningful use and PQRS measures it does NOT collect data for specialty-specific measures so it's basically useless for our PQRS/MU/MACRA reporting needs. Which is very unfortunate and might force us to move to a derm-specific product.

Pros

Platform-independent (works on ChromeOS, MacOS, iOS, Android, etc.) Browser-independent (works in Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc) Cloud-based with no need for specific hardware/software in-house. Local to our time zone (Pacific) with U.S. based customer service Clearinghouse is in-house with the vendor Speed of operation - there have been moments when the cloud-based

Cons

Lack of specialty-specific Meaningful Use, PQRS, and MACRA measures Need for heavy customization for the purposes of documenting specific scenarios (specialty or otherwise) Extra components within standard documentation unnecessary for most specialties Integration of PM and EHR could be a bit better

Deidre from Family Care Clinic

February 2012

We are a single physician clinic in rural Texas. My physician is also my husband, and he is a board certified Family Practice osteopathic physician practicing in the same clinic for almost 30 years now. Our clinic is busy, and my staff is small. Employees are cross-trained in medical assisting and clerical duties and often cover each other depending on patient needs and/or staff absences. Having MediTouch PM software has given me a peace of mind, regarding patient care business needs, that I never had with prior computer programs. The system gets the insurance information correct and the insurance forms completed so much better than anything I've used in the past 15 years or more. I have less missed charges thanks to the patient page showing the listing of a patient's office visits. If the charges have not yet been entered, there is an "ENTER" beside the date just waiting to be clicked. This better assures the correct dates are posted. Staff uses the recall options to follow up on patient care and schedule future appointments with less chance of letting a patient slip by without follow up. The Electronic Remittance Advice documents are wonderful - no more paper and everything in one place. The search options allow us to go back to anything as needed. Automatic posting saves time and frees staff for other tasks. At present, we are operating with one less staff member as when we first began to use the system. As the physician's manager and wife, I appreciate that I can work on this day and night (for better or worse) without being tied to the clinic building. I am here at my home desk completing this review right now. I can finish posting claims, follow up on denied claims, generate and print statements all without carrying home boxes of papers. Having the data for both management and health records stored off-site is a blessing to me. The constant fear of system crashes and failed backups is over. I do not have the burden of upgrading to newer and more powerful servers at the clinic, but can use money to by better single computers that can connect with HealthFusion remotely and not to a central in-house server system. I am still learning many aspects of the system, and anything not yet learned is entirely my own fault as HealthFusion has improved the training materials greatly over the past year. They are now easy to find and access. My time is all that needs to be planned because they have done everything else for us. Reports are available if I want them, too. I have seen our clinic income increase; payments come more quickly and less error thanks to the MediTouch PM system. Whenever I do find areas that I think need attention, the customer service is quick to respond and have taken my suggestions into implementation on a few occasions. They are very personable and professional whenever we call, although I tend to use email when possible. The replies are quick and complete. We signed up for the programs in November 2010 based on promotional programs that were offered via the American Osteopathic Association. We didn't jump in to actually using the product until the following June when e-prescribing was required. If I could go back, I would have started the programs' use much earlier. I was simply afraid to jump in and leave our old systems behind. To my surprise, the transition has been easy. Thank you very much for the chance to share this experience. I do not mind providing more details if needed.

November 2015

Kari from Foot and Ankle Center, PLLC

November 2015

I love MediTouch PM Software

Pros

I love the A/R features. I love how fast I get paid by commercial vendors. I love how intuitive it is on helping avoid claim issues. I did not have any issues with implementation. I have had nothing but good experience with support. We have had this EMR for over a year (and I have dealt with a few) and this is by far the best I've used. We have not had any issues with it going down. We have called when we have thought the system was down and they have guided use through issues with browsers, internet speed etc. So we were always glad we called, problems solved when we thought it was on their end. Yes, claim eligibility check is only on some providers but if you get to know how to use it more in depth it can be VERY helpful in further info not just for eligibility but for knowing primary care provider etc. I have had ZERO issues with auto post and yes, I have double checked. I also really like their statement service, I review each statement before I "send" them to them to send for me but no more issues with bad addresses etc and well worth the money. Their "help" section is great. The help sheets are AWESOME. I email support more than I've ever called them and they send me helpsheets when I can't find them.

Cons

I would like a better way to weed out the non paid lines with auto post instead of dumping them all to the appeal bucket. I would like to be able to attach a claim to the billing comments and be able to send them to another employee to review. I wish that I could upload our own forms to save in the system- I do not like the forms library at all, pretty well worthless to us, I would like it if I could upload, name our files and use it that way.

Dawn from IPS

We have been on Nextgen since 2009. We are a pain specialty. We had MAPS templates for paincare we

Pros

The customizations that are possible. WE are a specialty so it is important to capture the data, that is not always PCP. We have needs for rx report to be integrated which is coming in the new upgrade. We need to interface labs so doctors have quick and easy access to results. We have a responsibility to the community to keep them safe from people misusing or selling their medications. The templates and documents are easy to customize. The Nextgen support is helpful. We are excited to hear what the future hold for paincare, through their VAR Itelagen. The integration between EHR and EPM is coming along. Interfacing with labs, HIE. The reporting is made easy captured in the back ground for MIPS. They provide access to websites to become experts in there system. The help desk is not afraid to say if they don't know something and direct you to someone that does. The hosting is made easy. We are told it will be a 30-45 day transition very excited. The application has come a long way in looks it has been designed to be easy to access, it has shortcuts that only need to be hovered over to see data a quick glance. The Patient education was a nice add. It is user friendly and attaches to the encounter as a record it was done. The clinical reconciliation is a great add and makes things easy.

Cons

I wish the upgrades were easier. oTHERWISE i AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SYSTEM.

Jennifer from Interventional Pain Specialists

NextGen has been easy to learn and has grown with the changes that occur in the medical field.

We transitioned from paper charts to this EHR. The process was challenging but nextgen navigated us through all of the ups and downs it takes to get through scanning paper records and training staff. We have improved all processes since the initial implementation. We have from scheduling on the front end to the billing and statements on the back end we improved those processes. We took our antiquated tickler tab system for prior authorization of our outpatient surgical procedures and moved it to an electronic way to tracked, authorize and then schedule procedures. This cut down on any procedure being schedules before it was approved. This help improve revenue in the long run. The benefits of patient portal are still being realized. Patients can communicate with office staff on their own schedule. After implementing online billing and payment options our payments on account have increased a great deal.

Pros

The ability to track authorizations using tasking and worklog as patient portal and how the messages easily populate into the front desk inbox. Patient portal can easily route the messages appropriately. And last, the ability to customize it to the needs of our specific practices slash specialty!

Cons

The ongoing upgrades although I know that is necessary for any EHR. Also there is no "reschedule" option for appointments. You can cancel then rebook and look at reschedule history but I personally like a reschedule button then follow the sequence needed.

Marta from North Baldwin Pediatrics, PC

Great experience

This software is excellent in general, it has freed a lot of my time since I have customized it.

Pros

Once you customize documents, questionnaires, custom forms, physical exam information - it simplifies your work and you can be more efficient. Easy to customize once you learn how - my previous software took me long hours for several months to fix and even then it was not so easy, I had to keep typing additional data for my office notes. Saves time creating paper super-bills ( with my previous software I had to do it manually for every patient, then give it to the biller to post it), here once you close your note, the claim is actually ready to post... faster payments. The chief complaint has many set up questionnaires that are easy to use by staff and helps the health provider to quickly review the concerns, facilitates the interview, simplify the provider's work. Billing - has many ways to see the claims. Recall list for follow ups, blood tests, etc - once you order a test that is a follow up or in your note you document the follow up... automatically show in the recall list. Nice appearance of the finalized progress notes, many of the areas are automatically saving and you do not have to worry about losing your data. At the end of the day, you can review open encounters to make sure you finalized all your notes. Interfaces with labs and vaccine registries are available and work very well. Labs show automatically - there are icons on top of the page that make easy to find labs, tasks, messages, prescription requests, etc.

Cons

Unable to see several tabs or pages at once, you need to save and close what you are doing to go some other part of the chart or if you need to open other patient's chart at the same time you are with one patient in the room - same applies for the PM portion and it is time consuming because you can not multitask.

Kay from Kay D. Barney, DO

How I spent my summer vacation OR Why I like my Nextgen Software program

I am satisfied with this program. I would prefer something that I could just speak to but that version of dragon is much more expensive.

Pros

I chose this software because it was designed by physicians, specifically osteopathic family physicians. It is organized in the traditional SOAP format so it is intuitive to most of us. It took me a little while to get comfortable with moving around in it but it is second nature now. I like to freelance my subjective paragraph and it's easy to do. Pull down's appear as if you didn't actually listen to the patient. The tech support is outstanding. I can call them and they are always helpful and very patient with a physician who may not totally understand every nuance of the program.

Cons

In the Rx number of days section, there needs to be a 5 day option, z-packs are 5 days and a 3 day option. Yes, I can type it in but I'm lazy. And if I type in an inhaler for 90 days, it has a problem allowing me to just send three inhalers. Same with BCP's.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

My office manager actually decided and I do as I am told if I want to live. (she's my daughter and actually very smart so I trust her judgement)

June 2011

Claire from Midwifery & Women's Health Care

June 2011

We are a relatively small 6-provider midwifery practice in Anchorage, Alaska. We used Lytec for years, but wanted to move to something web-based that was highly functional, but also affordable for mid-level providers. HealthFusion stood out as one of the only companies that was willing to differentiate in pricing between a group of MD's, and a group of NP's and midwives, as the difference in the amount of reimbursement is obviously significant. We found the [slightly more time-intensive] self-serve training process to be well worth the savings in up-front costs, which was another big difference between HealthFusion and other players in the market, like Advanced MD and NeuMD, to name a few. We find it quite easy to use, on the whole. We appreciate the fact that when we do make suggestions as to how to improve certain processes or interfaces, our suggestions tend to be adopted, or at least addressed by the engineers, via customer service... And speaking of customer service, theirs really is excellent, as their salespeople will of course tell you. Our calls are always answered promptly and our issues dealt with promptly - plus virtually everyone on their CS staff is extraordinarily pleasant to talk to, so calling CS is never a chore. I also like the fact that their sales people stay in touch with the customers, so I can always call Greg and get the same level of attention that we did when he was trying to make the sale, which I've discovered is quite rare among other companies. The only gripe we might have - and I have no way of knowing whether this is unique to them or par for the course among web-based software providers - is that the site does go down or experience difficulties about once every other month, but usually only for a few hours. Certain processes like posting insurance payments take longer with HealthFusion than with our old client-server software, but that is also partly because our old software just let you input whatever you wanted, whereas HealthFusion has you posting the actual insurance checks before you can apply the payment to claims so that they are linked and verifiable. This is but one example of how their PM can be more time-consuming to use, but is much more rigorous from an accounting and audit standpoint, which is good overall. I trust the numbers that come out of HealthFusion's PM much more than Lytec's reports for things like outstanding A/R and productivity numbers for each provider. I've had an easier time staying on top of aging claims with HealthFusion than I used to with our old software. Overall we are very happy with HealthFusion's PM, and are just now starting the process of integrating their EMR into our practice.

May 2013

Phillip from Denton Family Practice Associates, P.A.

May 2013

I've always been intrigued with the idea of automating as much as possible in the doctor's office. In addition, I am very compulsive about the quality of clinical note that I write. Over the years this has created circumstances where I would get behind on my documentation simply because I didn't have the time to write a quality note until the weekend. I have spent a very large amount of time off work on completing these charts. I saw MediTouch at a Texas Osteopathic Medical Association meeting and was fascinated with the scope of it's abilities in practice management and medical documentation and the relative simplicity of its use. The reasonableness of the cost was also attractive to me, particularly after going home and calculating the amount of money I spent on printing, mailing, and licensing fees for my checklist medical record system which I was using at the time. I was amazed to find that it saved me $1500.00 a month by a conservative estimation; not to mention improving the accuracy of my insurance filing, and the turnaround time of my payments. The responsiveness of the people at HealthFusion is also quite good. If there is an issue, there are multiple ways to get in touch - including after-hours emergency contact ability, which I have actually used once on a Sunday night. My problem on that occasion was resolved almost immediately. Implementation was a major learning curve as we did it on the fly (as we had been encouraged to do), and while this was extremely trying, it did speed the implementation process along quite well. The fact that the training program is on the Internet and easily accessed is quite good; although, as a constructive criticism, the training program actually could benefit the user if it were streamlined and changed from the format of hour-long lectures. I love walking into the treatment room with an iPad under my arm and not having to leaf through six-inch thick charts to find last year's laboratory work or an x-ray that I need to compare to this year's. I really love ePrescribing in the patient room to any pharmacy in the country, and knowing a call back will not occur because the pharmacist can't read the prescription. The first year we started using the system, I was on a Mediterranean cruise and refilled some prescriptions using my iPad from a lounge in the ship because I could. As for my documentation compulsion, I dictate personalization nuances into the available visit templates in MediTouch using Dragon NaturallySpeaking (which I have been training for over 8 years). I walk out of the office with all of my charts done, and all of my insurance claims completed almost every day.

August 2016

Vicky from Surinder S. Bath, M.D.

August 2016

User since 2011

Pros

The EMR portion of the program is very easy to use. You can access it from anywhere to work. I did my billing from the Bahamas one year. It makes meeting the meaningful use criteria very simple, and does most of the work for you, where other programs are much more difficult and too time consuming. The monthly price includes all updates and support, which is very reasonable. They have a great learning site and you can access the information on updates at anytime.

Cons

The billing portion of the system is not up to par if you live in New York State. It does not have a compatible NYS medicaid form, but will charge you if you want them to create one. It's secondary billing posting is awful if it is not able to be auto-posted, which is mostly because of New York State insurances. You have to manually look up in each account a secondary claim number you need to post it to the insurance payment, then go back into the posting module to actually post the payment. You have to create and send each claim individually to insurance companies, unless you want to pay more for them to create batch files. If customer support is not sure about something and they tell you they will get back to you, several occasions I never heard anything and had to repeatedly call back to find out the status.

April 2016

Echo from John Lynch & Associates

April 2016

Wide improvements over the last two years

I've been working with NextGen EHR in a clinical setting with multiple specialties since 1999. As a Health Informatics EHR consultant, I have the opportunity to support practices internationally and am exposed to numerous EHRs. NextGen is amongst my top 3 favourites. PROS: NextGen is fairly intuitive. It is easy to navigate through an encounter and locate the tools you need to manage your patient's care. The EHR offers a progressive workflow so you won't need to jump around between disjointed tabs or sections of the EHR to document an encounter or procedure. From one set of templates you can work through an entire encounter with every component readily available - SOAP/APSO, Care Coordination, patient communication and so on. Within easy reach is the ability to order and manage diagnostic and lab tests, immunizations, and monitor preventive milestones. There are many opportunities to view and manage common areas of the patient record so you won't need to jump out of an encounter to review medications, allergies, chronic problems, or medical histories - just to name a few. NextGen accommodates multiple specialties ranging from Primary Care, Behavioral Health, surgical specialties, and optometry and so on. Best of all, there are plenty of time-saving tools that work like Macros build, then load when applicable to a patient or encounter. This includes frequently reached for medications, phrases, treatment plans, PE and ROS findings...even an entire SOAP note for common complaints. Using these tools is often easier than dictation. NextGen is certified across all Regulatory Healthcare measures. CONS: No doubt, this is an expensive product. Their implementation process is a nightmare. In my humble opinion, their Implementation process often lacks focus and project plans given to new clients are cookie-cutter and not at all relevant to the client's organizational needs. Milestones and deliverables tend to fall short. Training is oft left to tedious eLearning modules and recorded webinars. This is no way to learn a system as adaptive as NextGen and organizations adopting this as their EHR will find themselves frustrated long after go-live. I can't stress enough the importance of in-depth, workflow specific training, customized to how you do business. SUMMARY: No EHR is perfect. But, out of the box this EHR will likely serve your needs and, with adequate training, you will find that physician adoption may be surprisingly high.

Be prepared to train your employees forever!

Pros

I like that there are two distinctive sides to this software: Practice Management and the EHR. This makes everything difficult though when learning it for the first time. It really breaks up what would be a fairly daunting task of switching to this system. I love that patients are able to register their information before their first visit-- this makes entering in new patients so much easier and faster.

Cons

You can only do some things through Practice Management and many others through the EHR. When admitting new patients I have to toggle between the two and often have to have several browser tabs open while entering in patient data. It took seemingly forever to figure out what kind of profile employees should be on-- should we all be administrators or not? We found that some permissions were not granted if everyone was not made to be an administrator and vital abilities were lost to some employees. After learning this system for about a year we are still figuring out ways to work with this system a little better. It is not intuitive and it is difficult to learn. There has to be a better system out there when switching to Electronic Medical Records.

Cecilia from Shin-Pin Ho, MD

July 2012

We are a solo Family Practice. MediTouch is our first EHR system and we saw about eight demos before choosing this one. We loved the PM portion, but were not sure about the EHR. Since MediTouch does not require a long contract or huge start up fees we decided to give it a shot and started using it about 2 months ago. The doctor is still learning to use it and we have installed Dragon naturally speaking for him. The medical assistant's portion is pretty easy, they got it quickly and use it for vitals, medical history, family history, allergies, and social history portions. They have minor problems, like smoking use, it has the option of how many packs per day, but not how many single cigarettes per day. They also document chief complaints, but we are still working on customizing them. MediTouch comes with every possible question you can ask for all sorts of complaints so we have to go in to each individually to select the questions that your doctor would want. If you don't customize, you cannot just leave questions blank or it will not save in your encounter. It's a bit time consuming, but this way you get only the questions that your doctor would ask. As far as the review of system, physical exam and so forth, our doctor has been dictating wherever he can. He is not a great typist so he prefers doing it this way. We have saved his negatives so that he just goes in to change any problems. This saves him a lot of time, but he's not using it for every single patient yet. At the beginning, the doctor thought it wasn't possible for him to use this system, but after some practice he feels if he puts in more time into learning it, he can do it. If you don't want to dictate, the system is mostly clicking, not much typing which I think is good, but if your doctor is not a computer person, this might be time consuming for him. Using a dictating system may help. The diagnosis portion is easy and the Escript portion has been great. If you get a request for a patient whose information is not yet in MediTouch, you do have to put it in before authorizing. Sometimes its difficult to find a pharmacy, unless you know what to search by, but that doesn't happen often. Overall, we like the EHR portion of MediTouch, it just takes practice and time to customize the system to how you want it. I like that it has the capability of making the progress notes, just as the doctor would have in a written note. I think he will be using it for all patients pretty soon.

Denise from Coal Creek Family Medicine

Nextgen pros and cons

Overall the software is very good for daily charge entry, payment posting, and account managing. We use it daily and it is user friendly, even for brand new people just training. The providers are generally happy with the EHR side and its many features including searching patient training items on the spot.

Pros

It is user friendly when processing charges and posting payments. The auto flow works wonderfully and can be customized to your needs based on our processes in our office. It has a lot of features that makes charge entry easier like rearranging your codes right in the charge screen and accepting the copay at the same time.

Cons

My biggest complaint has been and will be the reporting. The process to create a report is fairly simple but all of the options aren't as available as I'd like and tweaking them is next to impossible. There are some reports we just haven't been able to create.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

We belong to a group so it was a group decision but everyone had a say and ease of use by many people was a strong factor.

Not the best but not the worse

I truly do like the system but if I am being honest it just isnt my favorite billing system to work with. I find the implementation process is drawn out and overall is a struggle for control over a system you are paying to use. I feel like as the customer you should be in control of how things function and decision but instead I feel like NextGen team took that away from my Team and we couldnt have a lot of control over what we want out of using the system.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate- simple layout I really do like the simplicity of the layout with being able to print up each patient chart and easily see all demographic information. Everything is sectioned into tabs that you can flip back and fourth to each section.

Cons

The fact that you cannot alter some information like insurance address. In a management system I prefer to be able to have all capabilities in changing any section I would like. Also, with the insurances they do not let you have more than one with the same name which I hate due to the fact that there are several different claims address for various insurance companies. You cannot see the payor ID's so you arent aware if the electronic claims are being submitted to the correct insurance company.

Craig from The Foot Care Center

NextGen Healthcare

It has been generally good. I have looked at switching multiple times but have not made that switch so they have kept me for about 5 years.

Pros

It is on the cloud. It is a comprehensive package in that it integrates the clinical side with the billing side. They do update on a regular basis. My understanding is that they get back to questions reasonably. I don't do this myself.

Cons

User interface has a lot of little things that could improve the clinical side. (This is what I use the most.) Downtime is a huge thing as everything in the office is dependent on this being up and going. I feel there are way too many times it is slowed or even crashes. It used to be on a regular basis on a certain day and seemed to correspond to update notifications. Maybe quality control of updates or implementation has improved but now it is less consistent but still much more common than it should be.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

Cloud based. All in one package.

Kim from Oklahoma Foot and Ankle Assoc.

In Need of a Little Help

I believe Oklahoma Foot and Ankle is NextGen's first podiatry practice. Having been with Next Gen almost 5 years, we have come to realize areas (such as the one's mentioned above) where improvement could be made and perhaps additional feedback from us could help you attract other podiatry practices. On-site training should be part of the cost of our monthly service fee. You offer webinars, but some staff would greatly benefit from hands on training.

Pros

I like the ease of transition between Practice Management and EHR.

Cons

With the ease of transition, there are some features that are totally different between the two features. Specifically, scanning in EHR doesn't give you the option to select a provider. Instead, the provider defaults to the first provider in alphabetical order in our practice. I've addressed this problem with support and they seemed to be unable to fix the problem. Also, the templates are difficult to create in EHR. Podiatry specific templates would be nice.

Gary from UPRI

Meditouch EHR in a Interventional Pain Clinic

This is one of the few EHRs that actually turn out looking like a medical note rather than a list after list of repetitive data that is hard to follow and actually see what is going on with the patient and what they are taking for current medications. The note is constructed in the SOAP format so that it is easy to follow. The platform allows customization for office/ASC procedures that are easy to setup after initial orientation and it also allows for multiple options for physical findings in the exam. Care360 is similar in that it is a SOAP note format, but doesn't have a billing component built in and requires Kareo or another billing program that doesn't marry to the EHR easily.

Pros

Customization, Readability of completed notes, no confusion on problem lists, medication lists, etc. No laundry list after list after list causing you to wonder "where's the meat" of this note that will tell me what's going on.

Cons

There is a lot of data on the page so it is sometimes hard to read everything on a standard iPad. At my age, I should probably use a "Pro" sized iPad. Other than that, not much.

TANIA from The Bolla Group, LLC

February 2012

We are a small medical billing and practice management firm located in the Dallas area. I've spent the last 18 months sitting through demo's of PM and EHR products on behalf of my clients. There are a lot of good products out there, but Healthfusion offered something the others didn't which really fits the needs of some of my clients. It's an All-In-One PM, Clearinghouse, and EHR (meaningful use ready) all for a reasonable monthly fee. There are no huge up front investment costs that take away financial resources that could be spent on patient care. Because it is 100% online, we can use the system anywhere as long as we have an internet connection. Since continuity of information is vital for our service, we love that we can access the front desk schedule and clinical information at the doctor's office in real time. The document feature in the patient chart is a huge help and something we didn't have in our last system. Real time eligibility is a big time saver. The best part about this company itself is their support. I was under contract with a different vendor for many years and my biggest complaint was that they never answered the phone - that's no exaggeration. The monthly support fee was significant, yet I couldn't get the support I was paying for. HealthFusion has been a breath of fresh air. From the Sales Team (love you, Andrea) to Implementation, everything went incredibly smoothly. I spent a fair amount of time asking a ton of questions, which were always welcome 100%. The ongoing customer service has been amazing. The team over there knows me pretty well and are always cheerful when they answer. I love the live webinars because I can always learn something new, hear other user questions, and ask any questions I have. These webinars happen every week! I'm giving 5 stars for all except functionality and quality. There are just a few things that I feel are "missing". To be fair, HealthFusion has been very responsive to my comments and has assured me they are working on adding additional features that I have been asking about. Bottom line is that HealthFusion is making me look great to my clients, it's been fairly easy to learn (after I took the time to do my training), and overall it is saving me a few hundred dollars a month in support fees. My clients and prospects love that I have a product to offer them that won't cost a fortune to get started.

May 2016

Joel from Q Street Medical Associates

2.5

May 2016

One year of Meditouch now!

Pros

Started Meditouch EHR in 2015 after using a customized EHR since 1970s. Overall this past year a good product for the complexity of my medical office. Patients do like the interface and it is quite nice when I use my iPad Pro. Buttons are nice, clear. Search function is getting better.

Cons

I'm in a unique situation that Meditouch has never encountered. Because of my high complexity lab I have multiple billing lines for each type of bloodwork and Meditouch did not provide a solution. I have had to pay them for a lab interface but also had to purchase a LIS so our lab can communicate with the EHR just like commercial labs. Billing has been a nightmare for my office manager who did not used to spend hours finishing the day. We are a complex office with bloodwork but our per patient payment is much higher than a standard primary care practice. Patient portal isn't great and many patients complain. I miss my Programmer and having in house support but Meditouch is getting better. Training is not great and there is a lot of learning on the go. My new physician has had difficulty with it and I'm worried about Locums learning it. I wish there was a support group for all Meditouch users to share their concerns and HF has not really provided that. A lot of EMRs use a groupthink method for billing and it would be useful. I wish there was an east coast office but this issue has improved over the past year

March 2013

Anne Marie from Anne Marie Adams, MD, FACOG

March 2013

I started using the MediTouch EHR system in the latter part of 2011. I changed over to solo practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology from a group practice and was not eager to have an initial high investment cost to begin a new system. MediTouch was affordable, but also, to my immense pleasure, transferring over from a system that was not only cumbersome but also more costly, I found working with the MediTouch software a delight. (Even more so because it was softer on the pocketbook. The software is really a quality product. Not only that, there are so many continual improvements that it is hard to keep up. Just recently, I discovered the E&M coding tool. Now I can code office visits with confidence knowing that I have all necessary component for the proper code. I was amazed at how often I would think the visit was one code, such as a 99213, only to find that it was actually a higher code. Most often, what I though should be coded as 99213 was actually 99214. And sometimes, it is only a matter of legitimately documenting something that I had reviewed, but had not put in my note (for example, as smoking history or review of sexual history). My staff had a harder time with the change than I did, but now, they too prefer this system. There are some functions that need to flow better from the HealthFusion practice management side to the EHR system, for example, follow up appointment intervals, which cannot be seen on the practice management side, but we have managed fine as it is. When those changes come, I know this system will be unbeatable. I do not think that changing from a paper chart to an EHR system is ever easy. I just finished taking a medical records course, and after learning about chart audits and what are considered deficiencies, I feel confident that with this system, going through such a process would be much less painful. In fact, I think I could approach it with confidence with the MediTouch software. Changing from paper to an electronic charting system is never easy, but with MediTouch, it was well worth it. Since everyone is different, I think everyone will have to find how this software works best for them. For me, I find my charting is now more thorough and complete than ever. And believe it or not, I spend less time charting than I did before!

Alicia from Andersen Eye Associates

The implementation teams, customer service and support teams are very robust

Functionality and ability to customize has been key for our practice.

Pros

I appreciate the various platforms offered and the ability to interface with other products. The support and training is probably the best that I have seen. I love the reports and hate the reports at the same time. Nextgen can retrieve almost any data, but you have to know exactly what to ask it in order for it to pull the data correctly. I also like the support on compliance side of healthcare and regulatory updates. .

Cons

Price, reporting as mentioned above and that since it partners with so many outside vendors that it does not develop things on their own, that I think should be a part of Nextgen. An example would be the HQM. Nextgen should have a platform for a dashboard, but instead they partnered with someone, so that is yet another fee and vendor we would have to work with

Kaytlyn from Clarity Healthcare

Online Healthcare

Once you learn nextgen you will love it. Everything you need to know is right there, and its easy.

Pros

I like all features of this software that I'm aware of how to use. I like that we can have all of the patients information right in front of us. See all upcoming, and scheduled appointments.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the fact that you can do so much on it, and I don't know half of the stuff. Everyone would need a very intense lengthy training to know all of its options which is just not feasible.

Tricia from Tallahassee ENT Head & Neck Surgery PA

20 Years with the same Electonic Medical Record - NextGen

Pros

We initially started with NextGen back in the Ice Age, long before mandates and incentives were in place to have computerized medical records. The flexibility of the system was the initial drawing card. The physicians wanted to continue to practice as they chose to do so and the templates allowed this ability. We have had to adapt to Meaningful Use regulation and use the knowledge base model that NextGen provided and this took some getting used to, but I am happy that I had the experience that I had back in 1996 to try and fit a more structured, but good system into our practice world in Otolaryngology.

Cons

My schedule does not always work with the NextGen support schedule for getting help. I am a nurse practitioner and see my own patients and have limited administration time to work with support. This is more of a problem for me and not NextGen. I have to send in support tickets when I will be at my desk for a period of time to work on the problem.

If not for the reports, all would be 5 stars

Customer service was fantastic when this was Healthfusion. Then NextGen came along and decided to cut staff, outsource and shift everyone to a website for service requests and complaints. The "Success Community" is a farce, your requests rot there until you escalate them or call in asking why they haven't been touched. The various departments no longer communicate very effectively. The people that are still employed there are great, but spread entirely too thin.

Pros

Fully intergrated. No uploading, no downloading. You enter a claim and it sends when you save it. ERA's are there daily without having to retrieve them. Everything comes to you.

Cons

The reports module is hopelessly complicated and not written for the laymen. You will either need to pay them to write custom reports for anything you need beyond the pre-made reports, or go through lengthy training and lost of practice to understand their system.

Alisa from St. Paul eye

Intuitive healthcare emr

Scheduling and appointment information works well. Coding is sufficient also

Pros

I like that next fen is intuitive and easy to use for new users. There are multiple tabs and ways of doing things depending on user preferences. Many ophthalmalmic clinics have success with this system

Cons

Integration of glasses rx and optical sales would be a nice addition so all patient charting is in one emr system. Currently we use a separate system and it’s not efficient or concise leaving much room for mischarting

Dr. Allen from Georgia Pain Associates

Nextgen has improved on the Meditouch EHR

Gradually improving. We have decided to hold off on changing our EHR for now because of these improvements. Hopefully, the trend will continue.

Pros

Uses Google Chrome. Very fast, especially when using "wired" vs WiFi. Mac-friendly. E-Rx of Controlled Substances works well.

Cons

Support is much better with Nextgen than with HealthFusion, but still rather slow Occasionally, their server goes down and we are dead in the water. Thankfully, this has improved, but still should NEVER happen in this day and age. With that in mind, they should allow for a Read-Only in-office server so that we could at least access the most recent office visit and the patient's meds when their server is down, but there is no accomodation for this. Rather difficult to make changes in the templates if you are not VERY good at this sort of thing. The listing of meds and problems requires closing the office notes to view. These should open in separate windows. Also, you should be able to view more than 1 office visit at a time, but instead, you must close 1 OV to look at a previous OV. Initial training from HealthFusion was virtually non-existent. We were just referred to online videos. Maybe there is now an option for on-site instruction, but we never received it.

Robert from The University of Toledo Medical Center

Mirth Connect Review - UTMC -

Pros

With Mirth Connect you can create new Interfaces very quickly if you have the proper HL7 background and training. At UTMC we can usually create a new interface in about an hours time. The tools on Mirth Connect allow for quick development. We also like the ability to create SFTP jobs were quickly to automate processes that are done manually. We also have the ability to cluster more than one Mirth Appliance (Server) and the auto fail-over insures we never have any downtimes that affect our hospital from delivering real-time clinical data 24 hours a day.

Cons

I have to say , I really like the product. NextGen and Mirth are great vendors . The support staff is available to troubleshoot and help with any problems that we might have.

Debbie from San Antonio Eye Center

Long time user

Got rid of paper charts. Central database

Pros

The user interface is what initially drew me to the software 15 years ago. Now it is the flexibility of the product. Every user, every provider can use move through the product in the way that works best for them. The ability to access the same database enterprise wide, the ability to add on other applications that interact seamlessly, and now most importantly the commitment behind NextGen to support and grow as the changing world of healthcare rapidly morphs each year.

Cons

Sometimes new releases have defects that weren't an issue in previous versions. Also, some subspecialties need templates specific for their needs;i.e., pediatric ophthalmology must be customized by client to include fields that every pediatric ophthalmologist would find missing.

Miguel from Arroyo Vista

Nextgen PM offers great Scheduling and flexible Billing

Nextgen PM is a well-built product. Offering an array of ways to schedule patients. There are many third party tools that play nice with it from Eligibility to KIOSK there can be many integrations into the system making the user experience enjoy. Also has a flexibility of locking down a limited number of fields if you are wanting staff to always collect specific information. It has optional tools you can purchase to enhance the experience with patients such as Patient Portal. The product is solid and is well integrated with the EHR Nextgen product.

Pros

Being a user of Many Nextgen products this is my favorite. Offers solid Scheduling options with many other features you can turn on or purchase.

Cons

Although Billing if strong, the setup is a nightmare. You have to know what you're doing. Additionally, training for the entire product is needed if not you will easily get lost. The price of a system is also up there so we warned.

July 2013

John from John R. Ziomek, DPM

July 2013

I am writing this to tell you how happy I am that I chose HealthFusion MediTouch software for my Electronic Health Records (EHR) system. I had practiced for the last six years exclusively with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations. Unfortunately, my contract was not renewed because of State budget issues and I was forced to start back into private practice. I am now in my thirty second year of practice. I desired to go without staff in the final years of my private practice. The HealthFusion software has allowed me to keep a lean and efficient podiatry practice while concentrating on patient care. The HealthFusion software does take a while to learn, as do any of the other systems on the market. After I learned how to operate the EHR software system, I am now able to document patient visits more thoroughly than in the past. As a result, the documentation supports better reimbursement. The system actually forces you to be more thorough in documenting and recording your findings. As my familiarity with the databases increases within the system, the ease of completing charts in a timely fashion has improved dramatically. The Practice Management (PM) side is a tremendous tool for increasing cash flow. Not only are most all insurances billed electronically but are billed within hours of seeing patients. My turn around for Medicare is now between 18 and 21 days. I no longer have to take or fax my patient encounter bills to a billing company, and wait for them to bill it out. I do my own coding and bill twice daily. I do have a billing agency (Valley Medical Billing Service) whose job is to post payments and send bills to patients. However all of my interaction with this company is via the Internet or phone. I email all of my EOBS to the company and they post the payments. It is an asset to bill through the cloud. In the PM side, there are many tools for increasing the ease at documenting procedures, supplies and services rendered. Once again, I highly recommend the MediTouch software system to medical providers, especially to those who want low overhead and a speedy reimbursement from Medicare and secondary insurances.

Claudia from Mendocino Coast Clinics

EHR is overall getting better.

Pros

I personally find EHR easy to use and intuitive. I, however, am a person who loves computers. Some of my providers do not agree. I like the use of tabs and panels, I like the use of my phrases, favorites in the med module and template sets.

Cons

One of the features I like about EHR is that there are many ways you can preform a task. That being said, some folks do not like this feature; they would rather have only one way of performing a task. Also, when NG adopts a new way of performing a task then returns to the old way, all the providers get confused. For example, the providers were very used to My Plan when we were told it was no longer supported, that we had to go to the Orders Module. Now we are told to use My Custom Plan. It will be difficult to go back.

July 2016

Mary Ellen from Susan Hagen Morrison, MD

July 2016

Satisfied with MediTouch HealthFusion

Pros

I like that we were able to personalize the system with forms that we previously have used. Being able to now add in PDF editable forms is a plus. The system is easy to use for all levels of doctors and staff regardless of their computer knowledge. Meditouch is always updating the software and is on top of any and all changes to help us meet our goals for Meaningful Use.

Cons

1. I would like the money posted by each user to be user specific. I know they NOW have batch posting where the user can print only their posting but everyone still sees the main payment posting history for the day, i.e. copays taken at check-in, balances paid by patients and insurance payments (which can be sizable) would all be on one screen for all users to see. 2. There is no customer support on the weekends when we have Saturday hours and many times if an update is done on a Friday night certain features have not worked causing work flow problems.

James from James E Gaydos DO PC

July 2012

I have an OMT practice in Vermont. We were interested in getting free-of-paper charting and billing, and having the freedom to expand to another office. We had no prior experience using EHR's, so I looked at a lot of available programs. We started using our MediTouch EHR in 2011, just before the close of the Medicare E-Rx program. The implementation was easy and I felt I was really getting the hang of it in the four to eight weeks afterwards. My goal was to be able to write a custom note, which involves OMT, diet and nutrition advice, activities and exercises, and specialty referrals. Each of these involved patient handouts to provide the kind of care that we used to do with pre-printed stacks of handouts, and hand-written notes. MediTouch EHR accommodated this easily. I still perform chart reviews, take my work home to sign, and close each note the following day. I feel that this is especially important for those "Level 4" visits that require documentation for medical necessity. Having thrived from several high-level Insurance Audits in the past, I have full confidence that my notes reflect the encounter, and that they are medically necessary and defensible. MediTouch Representatives have always been great, and with such rapid expansion, they have been able to maintain the quality of their representatives. However, where you used to be able to call for care, we now find that it is easier to e-mail. I feel that MediTouch's ease of use has benefited my office by providing a quality note that captures the data pertinent to the visit and I am proud to share with my colleagues. I also feel that we easily adapted the E-Rx to avoid the E-Prescribe Medicare Penalty, and we neatly snatched the EHR Incentive for Medicaid, so it has paid for itself. There are several 'free' versions of EHRs on the market but when you consider that MediTouch EHR comes with a really efficient medical management program, I did not have to spend my time baby-sitting collections while I was trying to learn the EHR. We had no loss or delay in income, and my secretary smiles at the end of the day. MediTouch EHR is well worth what you pay for.

September 2013

Mona from Family Practice Associates

September 2013

I am a nurse in a family practice, and using NextGen is my first experience in EHR. I was hired about a year after the system was installed, and replaced a nurse who retired because she just couldn't get used to the new EHR way of documenting. The other staff has told me that start up went fairly smoothly and that staff was available onsite for questions the first few days they were up and running, which was very helpful. I do not feel that NextGen is hard to navigate. I was able to use the program on my own with very little help after only a weeks training, although there are many features that I am still discovering after 2.5 years of working with NextGen. My main complaint is its organizational layouts. The retrieval of information is my biggest challenge. I find it very difficult to find specific consult notes form specialists. Instead of notes categorized by specialty and date, they are only organized by date. I must sift through too many notes to find the one I am looking for, especially if the patient does not remember the time frame in which they were seen. The same is true for labs and x-ray reports. The e-prescribing feature has many default dosing and instructional settings that are either incorrect or not often used. The process to change directions for a prescription is cumbersome and time consuming. We experience too much down time, with little explanation or time frame of when we will be up and running again. We are essentially crippled when the system goes down. We are unable to access any information which makes it nearly impossible to continue to see patients. Without the ability to review labs, immunizations, previous vitals,etc we cannot provide quality care. We have never been down for more than half the day, although that is still a lot of time, money and frustration wasted. The IMO search diagnostic code search is supreme. I am able to find codes by providing symptoms, partial diagnoses, and partial codes. It has been a valuable tool. Our parent company has been researching new software, and some of the systems seem to be overly complicated compared to NextGen.

Sharlene from pediatricalliance

good we have had a few things that have needed more work on but nothing to major

custimization

Pros

User friendly pretty self explanatory for most things the end user does. We customize the things that are not user friendly so we love the fact that we can change things. I like that most this are going towards system practice templates that will cause for less customization on the actual templates themselves. More online training geared towards document management and template edits would be much preferred. We love that documents can be created on the fly and not having to edit the document library in order for users to access it.

Cons

Most users are always complaining about the amount of clicks which causes lots of template edits, In the same aspect though we love that we can edit it.

Regina from Shannon kluppel

Great service!

Like the customizable templates

Pros

Ease of use and all information in one place.

Cons

Dosage calculator could be better laid out No app is available

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

Screen was less “busy” than eclinical works

Susanne from Flexx Sports and Rehab Physical Therapy

Convenient Software Across All Roles of the Office

Pros

I like the ability to create an alert within a patient's chart that lets the biller or front/back office know if there are any concerns regarding a patient's account (copays, insurance eligibility, etc.) The Success Community is a great tool to use if you should have any questions about any errors you come across. Quick response and you have the ability to rank how urgent your issue is.

Cons

For scheduling, when you mark a date of service as rescheduled, it doesn't show up as rescheduled to the doctor. The doctor thinks the patient was seen on that date and proceeds to create notes. Once the note is finalized and the biller proceeds to create claims, it can show up as a claim.

Jody from Georgia Chiropractic Associates

NextGen Healthcare is a pretty good product

All in all it's a pretty good system, it just needs some adjusting in the report options and a few other areas.

Pros

The appointment scheduling and billing part of this software is pretty good and not too time consuming.

Cons

The reports aspect. There are not enough options to tailor a report for specific needs such as giving a patient a specific report for a certain time frame. Also there is no option to write off an entire patients balance, you have to move each individual charge from insurance to the patient and then write off each individual charge. It's very time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing NextGen Virtual Visits (Formerly Known as OTTO Health)

Ease of billing and scheduling.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,175 reviews