All Power Diary Reviews

Sue

Alternative Medicine, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

Does it all

Like how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.

PROS

I Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...

CONS

I think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.

Natalie

Reviewed August 2019

Power Diary helps me save time

I don't have any double handling...I can email clients and other health professionals straight from the software which links to the respective client's file.

PROS

Tailored client note functions, easy accounting with feeds to Xero, and a willingness to look at adaptations to suit the needs of my business. Also, support by Australian's which is thorough, quick and friendly. Client Portal

CONS

Still a few aspects of the note forms requiring changes to make extra helpful notes for my clinic.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

Recommendations from other people in the industry and from other Allied Health professionals.

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

Greater capabilities for my business type.

Thanks for the great review! - Damien

Replied September 2019

Jeff

Reviewed August 2023

Works ok - until it doesn't work - usually after an "improvement"

Assessed as the "best of a bad lot" when researching for purchase. Nothing has improved to alter that assessment. (Maybe its time to have another look). Certainly have resisted further Power Diary integrations, and using wider functionality - reliance on an organisation that doesn't care for quality is scary enough even with the limited functionality.

PROS

Easy to use for a lot of things - eg keeps the client that has been most recently used in one admin function at the top of the drop down for the next (different) function

CONS

Bugs introduced with "improvements", that can impact the reputation of the Practice as they are visible to patients/clients (eg in communication templates). Clearly no regression testing, or if so, it is slipshod.Customer support - we have tired of being told stuff was fixed when it is clearly not. Nowadays we don't waste our time raising issues for most thingsThe reporting options are weakDoesn't manage "Couples" as a client well - but no competitors do eaither

Reason for choosing Power Diary

Best of a bad lot at the time

Samia

Reviewed April 2024

Everything in One Platform

PROS

It has everything I need in one platform. The company regularly requests feedback and suggestions, and users' ideas are regularly implemented. Support, when needed, is quick and effective.

CONS

There's a steep learning curve and setting up my personal practice documents and e-mail templates took a lot of time. Billing third-parties can be cumbersome.

Hi Samia, thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience with our platform. We're thrilled to hear that Power Diary has become your go-to solution by providing everything you need in one place. We understand that the learning curve and initial setup process can be challenging, and we appreciate your patience as you familiarize yourself with the platform. Regarding billing third parties, we recognize the importance of streamlining this process and are constantly working on enhancements to make it more efficient for our users. If you have any further feedback or suggestions on how we can improve your experience, please don't hesitate to reach out at support@powerdiary.com. Thank you! - Irina

Replied April 2024

Rebecca

Reviewed August 2019

Best decision I made for my practice

PROS

The best thing about PowerDiary would have to be the time savings having everything incorporated into the one program, being able to send/receive SMS including automated reminders, AND being able to export directly to Xero! It’s great! It is so simple to use as well and there are always new features being added. Customer support are also fabulous when you need a hand with something!

CONS

I dislike that I have my calendar set up in 30min timeslots so I have to scroll to view the entire day. Nothing major! Oh & I wish you could send faxes from PowerDiary.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

PowerDiary was much more visually appealing and appeared to have better functionality and was simple to use. It also offered more features and had a fabulous support team!

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your lovely review. We love hearing that Power Diary is saving you lots of time! Will add your improvement ideas to our list (we prioritise the ones we get the most interest in). All the best, Fiona

Replied August 2019

Liana

PowerDiary Review

PROS

I like the user interface. I also really like that I can do everything in one system, including email communication. I don't manage the program but it seems that it is highly customizable, which is not always an option in other EHR systems.

CONS

Sometimes it takes a while to load and get started. Once it does, everything runs smoothly. More importantly, I do miss the app from our old EHR. It is ideal to be able to have that accessible but I can access it via webpage on my phone browser and that works just fine.

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

Our practice owner switched due to cost. Simple Practice also had a questionable terms of service.

Hi Liana, Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback on Power Diary. We're pleased to hear that you like the user interface and find the all-in-one system functionality. We understand your concern regarding the loading times and are continuously working to optimize the performance of our platform to ensure a more efficient start-up experience. Your input is crucial in helping us identify and address such issues. Regarding the absence of a dedicated app, we appreciate your honesty and understand the convenience that an app can provide. While we're glad to hear that accessing Power Diary via a web browser on your phone is a workable solution for you, we take note of your preference for an app. We are always looking for ways to improve and expand our services, and feedback like yours is invaluable in guiding our development priorities. Thank you again! - Irina

Louisa

Reviewed April 2023

Great practitioner software

I have found the support to be excellent and response time is reassuring and lets me feel confident that there is always someone there to help.

PROS

The usability and options from a therapist/admin perspective are faultless.Power Diary makes the admin side of my business a dream, the customer service is quick, friendly and always professional which and allows me to focus on what I do best, hands on therapy. Multiple options available for notes, forms, files, templates, uploads, emails etcSimple and concise invoices.Without Power Diary, moving to a paper free clinic would have been a lot tougher. Thanks!

CONS

The client portal interface and options.The lack of individual control over the client portal to allow my use of branding to follow through into the booking system.The lack of an option for clients to automatically add to their chosen diary.

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

Lack of options. Lack of usabilityForms too simple. Options restricted throughout.

Stefan

Very satisfied with Power Diary

Very satisfied with my overall experience. Technical support has also been exceptional when I have had queries

PROS

Power diary is very user friendly, with lots of wonderful and helpful features

CONS

Compared to Cliniko, I think cliniko presentation is a little nicer; however, overall I prefer all the additional features that Power diary has to offer

Reason for choosing Power Diary

User friendly, and extra features such as billing and templates

Hi Stefan, thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback on Power Diary. We're delighted to hear that you find our platform user-friendly and are enjoying the range of features we offer. Our team is dedicated to providing a comprehensive solution that meets the diverse needs of our users, and it's gratifying to know we're on the right track with you. It's wonderful to hear that you're very satisfied with your overall experience and that you've found our technical support to be exceptional. We're committed to providing top-notch support and are always here to assist with any queries you may have. Thank you! - Irina

Christina

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Thanks

Good, easy to use and digitised office.

PROS

User friendly, can use process forms and mass email direct to client base.

CONS

Remembering where the forms are stored.

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

Wasn't cloud based. This can also, soon, book resources.

Hi Christina, thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with Power Diary. We're pleased to hear that you find our platform user-friendly and value the ability to process forms and send mass emails directly to your client base. These features are designed to simplify and enhance the efficiency of communication with clients. We understand that remembering where forms are stored can be a bit of a challenge. We'll consider how we can make navigation and accessibility of forms even more straightforward in future updates. It's great to know that you appreciate the digitized office environment that Power Diary provides. Our aim is to continuously evolve our platform to meet the changing needs of our users. Thank you again for choosing Power Diary and for your positive feedback! - Irina

Pieta

Reviewed April 2024

Power Diary User

PROS

The ease of use, has improved productivity.

CONS

When applying a note or comment to an invoice, I do not like that the receiver can not view these. If we have sent an invoice multiple times (we record every time it is sent in this comment section), it would be beneficial if the receiver could see this as well.

Hi Pieta, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We're delighted to hear that Power Diary has enhanced your productivity through its ease of use! Regarding your feedback about the visibility of notes and comments on invoices, please let me advise that you can add them to the Item Line Description box, these notes will be visible on a generated invoice. I hope this helps, and if there's anything else we can assist you with or further improve your experience, please don't hesitate to reach out at support@powerdiary.com. Thanks again! - Irina

Replied April 2024

Vanessa

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Very happy with PowerDiary

It had made it far easier for me to manage my practice in an integrated fashion. I’m essentially using just one to to book appointments, invoice clients, send reminders, keep notes, send letters, manage finances etc. It takes a while to have everything running from PowerDiary but it’s worth putting in the time.

PROS

The thing I really like about PowerDiary is that even with only a single diary, there are no limits on the number of users. Importantly, it is also very user friendly. There are multiple admin staff where I practice and it doesn’t take long for new users to get comfortable with the key features.

CONS

I think the main limitation is the lack of internal messaging. I would appreciate admin being able to send me a message that appears in the program for a different user.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

Cost, web based design, number of users.

Thanks for your review Vanessa! We agree that it's important that all your admin staff can access and use Power Diary without any extra charges! We'll add the internal messaging to our list of suggestions for future improvements :)

Replied July 2019

Michelle

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Growing our business with Powerdiary

Our business relies very heavily on powerdiary, for diaries, client appointments, billing, medicare, reporting. The automatic SMS reminders are a great facility for clients (they rely on them to remind them about their appointments) and great for us - people are more likely to cancel when they receive the SMS rather than not attend, or cancel at the last minute. The system has been very reliable. It is extremely rare for the system to be down.

PROS

Easy to use. When there are issues, there is a friendly person at the end of the phone or email to assist in resolving issues (such as when we've accidentally deleted data, support with reports, not knowing how to do a particular function). The software is constantly being improved with additional functionality based on feedback.

CONS

There are times when there are functions I would like that are not available, such as an 'undo' function, especially if I've just deleted a series of appointments accidentally instead of deleting a single appointment. However when comparing this product with other products, it has many more functions than many of their competitors at a more reasonable cost.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

A colleague was using it and recommended it. That colleague has now moved to another product, however when I compared powerdiary with the other product, my preference is to remain with Powerdiary.

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the great review! -Damien

Replied July 2019

Very happy with PD

Very helpful and quick responses to troubleshooting. Easy to set up and use

PROS

Easy to use and somewhat intuitive in nature.

CONS

The creation of forms is a little cumbersome. I’d like more inbuilt measures

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your review and feedback on Power Diary. It's great to hear that you find our platform easy to use and intuitive. We strive to create a user-friendly experience, so your comments affirm our efforts in this area. We appreciate your honesty regarding the process of creating forms. We understand that ease of use is crucial in all aspects of our platform, and we take your feedback about wanting more inbuilt measures seriously. It's wonderful to know that you've found our support team very helpful and responsive in troubleshooting. We pride ourselves on providing quick and efficient support to ensure that our users can set up and use Power Diary with ease. We value your feedback and are committed to making your experience with Power Diary as seamless as possible. Thank you once again for choosing Power Diary and for your constructive comments! - Irina

Fiona

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Poer Diary usage

Positive, I have it open when I need, and I don't have to log on to get into it as the memory works well.

PROS

I can set appointments then forget that I need to remind them because the system reminds them

CONS

A bit tricky (as a sole trader with a bit of a social life) to use it as a personal diary, to put in the different activities, with whom etc I just block out those times I need away and hope I remember what they were for

Reason for choosing Power Diary

It seemed the best, most suitable for my purposes at the time - and still is

Hi Fiona, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that our automated appointment reminders are taking a load off your mind. We understand the challenge of using Power Diary as a personal diary for a sole trader with an active social life. Your feedback is important, and we’ll explore ways to make personal scheduling more intuitive. It's great that the ease of access and memory function are working well for you, and we're delighted that Power Diary continues to be a suitable choice for your needs. If you have any suggestions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out. We're here to support you! - Irina

Ashley

Reviewed September 2022

Absolutely perfect. It does everything I need it to.

Very positive. I don't know what more I can say. I've used it for about 3-4 years and so far, it's done everything that I've needed it for.

PROS

The ability to charge clients cards and schedule their appointments is just so easy and really meets my expectations with a software.

CONS

As far as I know, there isn't really a way to charge clients cards without using stripe. I'd like to avoid the stripe processing fees if possible, or if there was some sort of Power Diary card reader, that would be amazing.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

There was no choice if I'm honest. I trialed power diary and it was perfect from the start. I didn't hesistate in paying for it.

Thanks so much for your review! It's really wonderful to hear that Power Diary does everything you need it to, and that you found it perfect from the start! For payments, Power Diary integrates with Stripe for online payments processing, and with Tyro (AUS only) for card-present transactions. Our users can also use any payment processing method and enter the processed payments manually into their Power Diary account for reconciliation. We are currently tracking user interest in other online payment platforms' integrations. Please email at support@powerdiary.com to express your interest. Thank you again for taking the time to review Power Diary! -Heather

Replied September 2022

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Brilliant practice management software for specialists!

We are a specialist respiratory and sleep medicine practice with 10 physicians. We use powerdiary for all of our appointments and billing. It integrates seamlessly with medicare for our billing, is intuitive, fast, with an excellent team behind it always ready to respond to our queries and cater to our needs. We love it and would recommend it without hesitation.

PROS

Easy to use, intuitive, fast, much simpler than any other practice management software. Very responsive team always willing to engage, field queries and respond to our needs.

CONS

We don't have any issues with Power diary. We have found it meets all our needs.

Reason for choosing Power Diary

Faster, cheaper, more intuitive, smoother.

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

Medical director was clunky and expensive.

Eleshia

Reviewed December 2023

Great Servicee

I love all the features that it has and im waiting on more thing to come

PROS

my patients are able to schedule their own appointments and pay from a link

CONS

I cant import my reqs into the system to type and text

Reasons for switching to Power Diary

the cost and I couldnt do half of the thing Im able to do now with powerdiary

Hi Eleshia, thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience with Power Diary! We're thrilled to hear that our platform has made scheduling and payments more convenient for your patients. Regarding your concern about importing requests into the system, we appreciate your input and understand how this feature could enhance your experience. Our team is continually working on improving and adding new features, and we'll certainly consider your suggestion for future updates. We're glad that you're enjoying the current features and that Power Diary has been a cost-effective solution for you. Your satisfaction and feedback are incredibly important to us. If there's anything else you need or if you have more ideas, please feel free to reach out. We're here to support you and are excited about what the future holds for our service enhancements! - Irina

Replied January 2024