All TotalMD Reviews

Sara

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

TotalMD Review

I have been with TotalMD since 2008 so as they have grown and added features I have been able to grow with them. I miss the youtube videos on the new features or highlighted features they always gave me ideas and another way to consider how we did things.

PROS

I like the ease of use this software has. The reason I purchased this software was because it was so close to the Medisoft software I was using at my current job but had the added feature of if I made a mistake in payment or data entry I could easily delete what I had done rather than having to do extra data entry to reverse my accounting mistake. I also love the support team they are always very helpful and knowledgeable.

CONS

Not being able to easily make changes to reports needed for a specific office or provider. The other item is the hours technical support is available as I am on CST and they are on MST/PST time depending on daylight saving time. I wish the office messenger worked across the board no matter what provider I am signed into, being a billing service this feature would be really helpful as internal messaging system but it doesn't work for us because we have so many providers.

Reason for choosing TotalMD

At the time the price was affordable and the basic plan fit my needs.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the software and the support you receive. We appreciate your feedback and we'll share it with the team. We do plan on continuing to provide helpful content, so it's great to know you enjoy the videos! Sincerely, Shayna Beasley, TotalMD

Replied June 2019

CINDY

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

GREAT SOFTWARE

I have had very little problem with TotalMD. I have a rep that calls and checks on me often which is really nice. She then communicates to the programmers to get my issue resolved.

PROS

I used Medisoft for 20+ years and this was easy for me to set up and use. I bill for Clinics, Emergency physicians and Mental health providers . They have worked with me on reporting and any issue I find.

CONS

Some reports were wrong and some they could not do for my company. I was used to certain codes IE: for collection purposes and that has not worked out. Hoping the new updates will correct this.

Reason for choosing TotalMD

TotalMD works like the Medisoft that I had used for 25 years. The staff was very helpful when I set this up.

Reasons for switching to TotalMD

The cost was going up every year and way to much for a company my size.

Sally

Medical Practice

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2016

Private practice use since 2009

PROS

It provides all the capabilities needed to create 1500s, electronically edit and send them, make corrections, post payments, and keep track of balances.

CONS

It definitely has lots of bugs. Having designed software before I became a doctor, I appreciate the complexity of the multi level platform. It takes time and motivation to surmount many of them. I have to pay for support, for example if I have a question about technique, I have to buy a punch card of how many calls I am allowed. I have to pay for training if i hire yet another biller. I am now doing my own billing and can figure out most of it, but there are still balances that are off and inaccurate statements. It is a headache but hard to change.

Dear Sally, Thank you for your review of TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to address your concerns. TotalMD makes every effort possible to thoroughly test and release error free software. On occasion, as with any software program, our customers may encounter instances in which the software does not perform as they expect. We value and encourage this feedback from our clients so we can continue to ensure the product is of the highest standards. We also issue free Service Pack Updates which are designed to fix any minor items we find after a release (just like updating an app on your cell phone). Service Pack Updates are always free and available for easy download by the customer. We do have an in-house support team available, and their ability to assist you is increased with a current support contract, which allows them to log into your computer and see what you see. However, Support would be happy to walk you through any troubleshooting necessary, even without obtaining a support contract. Our support department is also always available to discuss any instances you’ve encountered in which TotalMD is not performing as you expect, and will report those issues to program development as necessary. In many situations, these issues can be resolved by having a short training session, or changing program settings, without the involvement of programming/development. TotalMD never requires you to purchase additional training for new office staff, however, we do offer training sessions available for purchase in one hour increments should you choose to have a TotalMD trainer conduct a live training session to cover basic functionality. Of course, you always have the option of providing your new staff with training by one of your existing staff members, in addition to the numerous webinars and training videos we offer for free on our YouTube channel. We have attempted to contact your office to address these concerns but have been unable to reach you. Please feel free to contact our support department so that we may further discuss your experience and help you to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback.

Replied February 2017

Laura

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

TotalMD has got me where I am today, a business owner!

TotalMD has given me the opportunity to grow my business, I have referred several people to them that have been frustrated with their systems, it truly helps us small business owners! I can work with ease, if there is an issue support is always helpful, which that in itself is a bonus, without a good support system you are left to fend for yourself and that never happens with TotalMD support.

PROS

The price, without the price of this software I might not be able to own my own billing company. I managed medical offices for years and implemented a lot of systems and this one is easy to use, when I had employees they could use it with ease. When you are a billing service you have several different clients and the fact that I do not get billed for each client makes it so that I can actually have my own billing company, TotalMD gives us that chance to grow, even after I grew I stayed with them because I could not see where any system could be better, I have had several Software companies try to lure me away but that will never happen!

CONS

The reporting, it has improved a lot from when I first started with them years ago but there is room for improvement still.

Reason for choosing TotalMD

Price, ease of using product and support! Really when you have those 3 that are all great why would you ever want to change! A lot of times you are lucky if you get 2 out of the 3, with TotalMD I have all 3 so as long as it stays that way I will not be looking anywhere else!

Reasons for switching to TotalMD

Price, ease of using the product, their support.

SHERRY

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

This is definitely the best Medical Billing Software

Total MD has been a very pleasant experience for me. This is not a software to get just because it is affordable. This is literally the best out there. Medical Billing is an awesome profession, and you want to start out with the best. You don't want to waste time going through different companies. Trust me, I did. I lost a lot of money on two systems that was supposed to be far superior and cost way more and it was a nightmare trying to use them. I have been with Total MD for years and I cannot imagine using something else.

PROS

The software is very easy to use. You do not have to jump around all over the place just to get all of the patient information, it is right in front of you. The patient info is also very easy to put in. My favorite thing is definitely the reports. I can get any report that I have ever needed, and I have had many customized and my doctors love the reports that I am able to give them. Charges super easy to enter. Just an easy system to do billing on.

CONS

I guess what I like least would be, although the reports are customizable by calling a support rep, I wish they were easier for the customer to customize without having help from support.

The above explains it

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you're enjoying TotalMD. We appreciate your feedback about reports. We will give that feedback to our product team. Thanks again!

Replied September 2019

Ana

Reviewed April 2018

Nothing bad to say about the software. It is an excellent product.

Very easy to learn and use. Fair price. Excellent tech support. Being able to use it from any computer, even when I was abroad.

PROS

Very easy to learn (we are all women in the mid 50's, some with little comp experience). Switched from Medisoft in 2015, and a couple of weeks later, we were asking ourselves, why didn't we do the change 5 years before. It makes insurance and patient billing extremely quick and accurate. The tech support in AZ is great, and they all have the patience of monks. We have to call maybe twice a year now with questions, since they are no glitches. I love the fact that we can get access to it from every computer. Also, we will be signing for EMR with TotalMD (after previously checking other software), and I have no doubt that it will be as easy to work and as well supported as the billing part.

CONS

Sometimes the wait time when we call tech support, however once they are in the line, we have their undivided attention until the problem is solved.

Scott

Reviewed March 2018

TotalMD gives our clients high-performance billing and practice management efficiency, challenging systems costing thousands more.

This software is "bullet-proof" as far as data corruption is concerned, from what we've observed over the years, in comparison to other systems we support (Medisoft, Lytec, et al.) However, as with any software, we always insist our clients make daily backups.

PROS

Reliability, ease-of-use, error-reduction capabilities and high-performance collection tools have been a few of the many reasons so many of our clients have switched from Medisoft, AltaPoint, Lytec, Chiro8000 and more over the years. As a dealer, we enjoy the easy setup and very low support requirements of this product line. Continuous additions to TotalMD's free video library provide a wealth of knowledge for users to get the most out of their system.

CONS

For larger offices (more than 20 providers) there is a slight lag of performance if older equipment (servers, routers, etc.) is used. We always recommend an evaluation of current systems before performing an installation.

Robin

Reviewed July 2022

Long time use review

PROS

Everything - especially report builder

CONS

None

Reason for choosing TotalMD

I can unequivocally give TotalMD five star ratings for value, functionality and customer service. The program is technically brilliant with it's intuitive ease of use and screen layout. In addition, it is loaded with advance features that makes our office function efficiently. The custom reports have been invaluable to our practice with the ability to easily extract any data that we can think of. And finally the technical support is great! Unlike many companies now days, their tech support is a real person (in the United States), easily reachable with expert knowledge. 5 stars all the way around!

NADEZHDA

Reviewed November 2019

The best!

Did its job!

PROS

It's simple and affordable to use . Highly recommend it

CONS

Needs its own clearinghouse link to make it a bit more comfortable

Reason for choosing TotalMD

Hi Nadezhda, Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you found the system simple to use. TotalMD now has its own clearinghouse option. You can learn more about it here: https://youtu.be/G4yxXT3sffo Thank you again. We appreciate your business!

Replied November 2019

Raees

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Appointment to doctors notes

We are using this for behavior health Claims and user of this product know how perfectly this is working for healthcare billing services

PROS

You need a few minutes to book a appointment to check coverage of benefits

CONS

To submission of claim to post a ERA they make very easy step for medical biller

Cecilia

Reviewed December 2021

Made in the USA

PROS

Made in the USA, operated in the USA. I can customize things they way I like it, and the system is not co complicated that I can tweek things myself as I go. Customer service is more that willing to help and always offers a solution.

CONS

I have no complaints so far, everything I have been frustrated about has been operator error, and there are some features that I thought would be useful but are not featured in the software, but they were never promised to me. I look forward to EHR updates, as this portion of the software package as I understand is in its toddler-early childhood years, but has so much potential to grow.

Reason for choosing TotalMD

AMS was a close runner up, their EHR was much more developed than TotalMD, but Total MD was light years ahead with their billing/practice management software. I decided I could compromise and take the time to tailor the EHR to my taste but couldn't afford to compromise on collecting. It took me about a month or so to get the system to work for my medical charting, but it was basically painless.

Reasons for switching to TotalMD

I tried to try a different EMR more than a year ago, when I originally decided to switch and after trying two different budget companies and realizing they were not even on US soil, I became discouraged with the switch and postponed. I feel so comfortable with the competent staff at Total MD.

Elizabeth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Thankful

They have been a real life saver. My last program was discontinued and I was panicking because of my lack of knowledge of computers. They have been so helpful and very patient with me. Great bunch of people in all of the departments.

PROS

I do not even have a computer at home, so I am not familiar with how the really work. Most people say "If I can learn it you can". Well I really mean it.

CONS

I wish the font was bigger. I also wish I could print out a simple patient list.

Reason for choosing TotalMD

Ease and price. We are a small company and the other companies were going to charge me the same price as everyone else no matter how many employees we have. I also went with Total MD because of their willingness to take the time and work with me.

Reasons for switching to TotalMD

The went out of business.

Cari

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Medical Software

Increased productivity due to the structure and constant attention to updating the system freeing my time up for quality customer service.

PROS

Total MD is easy to use and amend to fit your practice needs. Technical support is prompt and efficient in resolving any issues or modifications necessary. Support information is updated regularly with the industry changes. Customer support for training has always been available and of value.

CONS

Being a smaller entity and secondary to our practice closing in June of 2021 due to retirement for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we have not utilized all the available features but definitely see the value and increased productivity that would be available to a practice, big or small.

Karen

Reviewed January 2021

Very Happy Customer

They are always very helpful.

PROS

The ease of getting support when needed.

CONS

I don't feel that I got enough training.

Reasons for switching to TotalMD

Allscripts no support help.

Patricia

Reviewed April 2021

I like TMD

PROS

It is an excellent, easy to use product. It is very stable, with very few "glitches" (although some do exist). I love the integration with Trizetto, which is another excellent product.

CONS

The reports are not very good and when we set up, we had alot of problems that had to be dealt with during our training period, consequently our training was a little poor. However, it is pretty straight forward, so a lot of training is not really needed. We use Amazing Charts as our EMR and the HL7 is only one way, so we have to schedule in AC, not TMD. TMD has an awesome scheduler, which we cannot use.

Lisa

Reviewed February 2021

Almost a year later...still satisfied.

TotalMD provides what I need to perform billing for both hospital and office practices. It's easy to use, has a great support team as well as customer service team. The account rep calls quarterly to check in and to see if there are any issues. Over the past year I have dealt with implementation, tech support, training and customer service and everyone has always been extremely nice, helpful and always followed up with me. What a great team!

PROS

The system is easy to use and user friendly. Since no one is perfect, the system allows you to make corrections fairly simple.

CONS

The report area is fairly basic in the output. There are several ways to get useful and needed information but the reports are not in a presentable format. I would love to see some updates to the reports presentation.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We're glad that you are finding TotalMD easy to use! Regarding reports, we will be making some updates with the next version of the software. Looking forward to your feedback once that is available!

Replied March 2021

AMY

Reviewed May 2021

Run! Do NOT Purchase, you will regret it!

Worst software on the market for billing! We will not accept any clients who use this software in the future.

PROS

I like the aspect of being able to print into PDF the CMS1500 forms. The only thing I can say positive about this software. We are a billing company that bills for Rehabilitation Practices, and this is the worst software on the market that we have seen so far!

CONS

There are way too many to list, the main points. Software is down more than it is up, the software is extremely slow to use, you can't do multiple things at a time, the reporting system is very outdated, the customer support is a waste of time, they do not honor what they indicate they will do. Each CPT code is on a separate line in the ledger. The reports do not give the same information and it doesn't allow you to track the data you need to follow up on claims. It is not a web page software, even though they advertise that it is, it is a remote into their computer. I would run from this software, we will not accept any clients who use this software and we are no longer using it for current billings, only the cleanup on this account.

We appreciate the comments and feedback. Even when we don't agree, we take all feedback as a way to reevaluate and see how to make our product better.