All Pictory Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Pictory Review: Really great for turning text into video!

Matthew

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Many Use Cases

Fantastic product! I am very impressed.

PROS

I like that it replaces many of the other software in my workflow. I don't need an Otter.ai subscription anymore or a Descript subscription. It fills those gaps. It also has an AI video creator that lets me create many videos for social media based on my existing blog content.

CONS

I wish there was more control in the Script to Video portion of the program to edit the subtitles. As an example, it could decide to put "The Weber BBQ grill is the best on the market. We thought that it..." on one line. I might want to split it at the period and put the "We thought that it..." on the next line, but it's very time-consuming to do this now. The other thing I think needs improvement is a voiceover for the entire video and not just on a scene-by-scene basis. I would like both options.

Reasons for switching to Pictory

Pictory does what Otter.ai does, and a whole lot more!

Hi Matthew! It's great to hear that Pictory is optimizing your software tools in terms of time and cost. Thank you for your feedback about the Script to Video editing and voiceover options. We'd love to hear more detailed suggestions at https://feedback.pictory.ai/roadmap. Also, consider joining our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/863439644603943 to connect with other users. Your insights help us improve! Thanks for your support.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

The Fastest Video Production Tool on the Planet!

They have a great Facebook group and they roll new features all the time!I love getting a Pictory update email and seeing what new cutting edge features they released and watching the really helpful tutorial videos that always accompany the new features.It is so easy to use. There is zero learning curve. It has made me so much more presentable via video because I typically use a lot of filler words like umm, so, right?, etc. Pictory deletes these with the flip of a toggle. I feel so much more confident with my video content because of these features.

PROS

Being able to cut out text from transcription of my recording and the video deleting that exact scene instantly is so amazing. It save soooo much time.

CONS

I'd love to see them amp up their folders / video organization system. It is a little tough to navigate your files at a glance and I'd love a sub folder feature.

Reasons for switching to Pictory

Pictory is better priced for what you get.Invideo and Canva are basically the same. Pictory has editing tools that no other software has to my knowledge.

Hey Michael, glad to know Pictory is helping you create confident, efficient video content! Your input on improving our folder organization is noted and valuable. Feel free to share more ideas at https://feedback.pictory.ai/roadmap. Thanks for being with us!

Robert

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Do not waste your money or your time

Horrible, don't waste your time or money

PROS

Easy to upload written content to make into video

CONS

Voiceover does not work, customer service is unable to assist and it takes several attempts to get a response. Technical support can not fix issues and they just emailing to stall in requested refunds.

Reason for choosing Pictory

Good marketing but horrible service

Hello Robert, we're truly sorry to hear about your negative experience with Pictory. Addressing your concerns is our top priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further and make things right. Please contact our support team at support@pictory.ai so we can help.

DAVID A

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Fantastic Software Tool for Creating YouTube Videos

Overall, I love this software. It makes it very easy to create wonderful videos.

PROS

I really love the great job you and your team have done on creating a wonderful platform on which to create amazing videos. I have a new YouTube Channel called "Poetry in Motion" (see link below). So far, I have created 88 YouTube videos and YouTube shorts that "bring to life" some of the many poems I have written. I started this channel about 4 weeks ago, and already I have over 17,000 subscribers. I love the number of videos that I have to choose from in your video library, and the choices of background music are awesome. Your AI voice library is great, but I do wish you offered more Eleven Labs options.

CONS

There seem to be some "bugs" in the logic that controls frame lengths. When I make a change to the length of a given frame, the software seems to change the length of other frames. Also, when I position the cursor on a given frame, and then go to the video library to select a scene, the position of the frame I originally selected is changed to another frame. I have to always double check which frame I am on.

Hi David, Great to hear about "Poetry in Motion" and how Pictory has been part of your journey. Hitting over 17,000 subscribers in just a month is seriously impressive! Keep up the great work with your videos, and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Replied February 2024

Jeffrey

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Best Product for Videos Out There

Excellent! Excellent, excellent. I absolutely love the program

PROS

The ease of use and how professional I can make stuff look for marketing

CONS

I'm sure there's something but I only look for the positive and what I can use

Reason for choosing Pictory

You put on a seminar and there was one gentleman with glasses teaching how to use YouTube

Hi Jeffery, it's great to see you're enjoying Pictory and embracing its features for your marketing. We love the positive vibes! Happy to hear that our seminar and YouTube tutorials were a big help in your decision. You can find more great content in our creators' group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/863439644603943/ Having you in our community would be terrific!

Replied January 2024

Eric

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2023

A real multimedia assistant

I was using Vidnami for my video creation until they disappeared... Pictory was very clever to see there was a place to be taken, and it was indeed! At first, the app was buggy and basic, but it evolved fast, listening to the users advice. If a company listens to its customers, it is generally a sign of quality and confidence. I don't regret my investment when the company was a small startup.

PROS

Pictory is very easy to use and produces high-quality videos. The product is continuously evolving. To create videos from a script, there is nothing as easy.

CONS

Sincerely, I love this product so much that I cannot see any cons.

Reasons for switching to Pictory

GoDaddy bought Vidnami in 2021 and shut down the app.

Eric, we're grateful for your perspective on switching from Vidnami to Pictory. Your insights help us understand our user needs better. Should you have any more thoughts or need assistance, our support email is always open.

Ursulla

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

I absolutely love and recommend Pictory

I absolutely love it. I even asked them to be an affiliate because I wish to recommend it for all my subscribers and followers.

PROS

I like how easy it is to turn my articles into video. The overall selection of videos is good, and the realistic voices are quite good.

CONS

I would like it to have an option to place the whole music as "main character", for background music and subliminal affirmations kinds of video. The "main character" for now, is the text/voiceover, so I need to come up with some tricks to come around it, like repeating the same video many times to fill the music length.

Reasons for switching to Pictory

I still use Canva for graphic designs, but not for videos anymore. It was tiring and it took me a lot of time to find the best stock videos.

Hey Ursulla, So glad you're loving Pictory for turning articles into videos. Appreciate the feedback on wanting more control over music in your projects. It's awesome you're recommending us as well. Thanks for choosing us over Canva for your video needs. For any suggestions or help, feel free to hit us up at support@pictory.ai

Replied February 2024

Jack

Information Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

A must-have tool

Very an essential tool for video creation

PROS

the ease of use,the large library and all the useful tools

CONS

lock up to much at times to slow cant use

Reasons for switching to Pictory

In video is to buggy crash all the time very very limited

Hi Jack, thanks for stopping by and leaving a great review!

David E.

Publishing, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed May 2024

Great product to use

I enjoy the product to create professionally looking and sounding sales videos for my books and podcasts.

PROS

I love the text to voice narration that provides a real life voice. Sometime I have to respell the odd obscure technical term to say it properly but 99% of the time it gets it right.

CONS

Not always does AI provide the image that I wish to use and so use my own images.

Hello David, thank you for your feedback! It’s fantastic to know you’re happy with the text-to-voice narration. We’d love to hear any specific suggestions you have. Would you be open to a brief Zoom call to discuss your experience and how Pictory is helping your business grow? Thanks S

Replied May 2024

Beth

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2024

Amazing Product

I am a fan. I even convinced other departments in my school to use Pictory.

PROS

Pictory helped me create quality videos in a short period of time. It really helped my orientations better.

CONS

Nothing. I wish I had more time to explore other functions available. It would be cool to have a live 'class' in order to ask questions.

Thanks for the super feedback. We love to hear that Pictory is making a difference. Your suggestion about a live class, that’s a fantastic idea! Please add it to our feedback site at https://feedback.pictory.ai/roadmap. Also, you might find our Facebook group helpful for picking up new tips and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/863439644603943/. Keep up the great work!

Replied May 2024

Gerardo

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Its great

Pictory.AI is solving a number of problems for me when it comes to managing visual content. One of the biggest challenges I face is the sheer volume of images and videos that I need to sort through and organize, which can be a time-consuming and tedious process. With Pictory.AI's image recognition technology, I can quickly and easily tag and categorize my visual content, making it much easier to find what I need when I need it. This has not only saved me a lot of time, but it has also improved my productivity and allowed me to focus on other important tasks.In addition, Pictory.AI's technology has also helped me to improve the accuracy and consistency of my image tagging, reducing the risk of errors and improving the overall quality of my visual content. This has been particularly beneficial for my e-commerce business, where accurate product recognition and tagging is essential for a seamless customer experience. Overall, Pictory.AI has been a valuable tool for streamlining my workflow, improving my efficiency, and ultimately helping me to provide better service to my customers.

PROS

I've been using Pictory.AI for a few months now, and I'm really impressed with how accurate and reliable the image recognition technology is. It makes it so much easier to quickly sort through large volumes of visual content and find what I'm looking for. I also appreciate how customizable the platform is, allowing me to tailor the tagging and categorization options to my specific needs. Overall, Pictory.AI has been a valuable tool for streamlining my workflow and improving my efficiency.

CONS

While I really like using Pictory.AI, there have been a few instances where the image recognition hasn't been as precise as I would like. For example, sometimes it struggles to accurately identify specific objects or scenes within an image, which can lead to some incorrect or incomplete tags. However, this has only been a minor issue, and overall I'm still very satisfied with the performance of the platform

Hi Gerardo, it's great to see your enthusiasm for Pictory! We're delighted to know that you find it perfect for your entertainment needs. Should you have any ideas or need help, don't hesitate to contact us at support@pictory.ai.

Rishiraj

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Great All in One Video Creation Software

Short Video Creation

PROS

Pictory has core features of Vidnami , Lumen5 and Descript. So if you are having subscription of these software, you can cut your subscription cost just by buying Pictory. Some of the notable features i liked. => 6M ShutterStock Library Assets Access => Automatic and Near to Perfect Transcription => Auto Highlights => Article to Video Creation => Removal of Fillers using 1 click => Edit / Trim Video by removing text

CONS

=> Have to Upload Videos. Would be great if it could be providing link and it would fetch from link. ( Like Providing Youtube Link) => Feature Request > Ability to add clips from Different Projects can be interesting => No Support for many language. I wish Hindi could be there => AI can be fine tuned to pick up best highlights

Reason for choosing Pictory

It was more cost effective

Hey Rishiraj, Thanks for your awesome review! We’re glad you’re loving Pictory’s features, especially our vast stock library. Your insight on cost-saving is super valuable to us. Happy creating!

Thorsten

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Everything You Need to Produce Your Video and Shorts

Pictory allows me to create videos for YouTube based on existing articles quickly. Overall, I have been very impressed with Pictory.ai and would recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful article-to-video tool. You can add visuals from their extensive library of stock images and videos. The resulting videos look professional and polished - something that's always been important to me.

PROS

I have used Pictory.ai for a few months now and found it an excellent article-to-video tool. The user interface is easy to navigate, and the various features are well-designed.But wait, there is more Pictory can also produce a video based on a script, allows you to edit a video using text, or offers a Visuals to Video mode. Advanced features are also available like the included AI summarises your video and of course branding to show your brand on screen.

CONS

Ai text-to-speech voices can be improved. I can not copy easily the outline, which was possible before.

I use both Fliki and Pictory in combination

Hi Thorsten, we appreciate your detailed feedback! It's great to hear Pictory aids in your YouTube video production. Regarding the AI text-to-speech voices, we're on it to make them better. Your insights are crucial for us. If you have specific suggestions, please share them at https://feedback.pictory.ai/roadmap. Your input can make a big difference!

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Don't Read the Bot Reviews - Read This

Not proactive with regards to communication of potential site issues. I'm currently being ghosted with questions of "when" the site will have full functionality again. With so many issues, follow-up is critical... in their case? Its not even on the radar.The site just feels like a project that was not ready to roll out for proper/advertised functionability. Spent a few extra dollars elsewhere ...

PROS

Its marketed as easy an easy to use drop down video generation doftware. When properly functioning, it is a very basic and servicable option.

CONS

Pictory operates as if its under a beta testing mode. Randomly, you'll experience site failures and inconsistencies. For the past 2 weeks, the video generation option has been down. No word (literally) on its status changing.Audio / Voice over upload to text is off. A 5 min audio, read from a script, will generate an 8-10 min video - which results in unnecessary time spent editing.Some of their background music does not pass Youtube copyright claims - meaning you get a strike, not a copyright claim with approved use.I could go on ...

Hello David, we take your feedback seriously, especially regarding your experience with our platform's performance and communication. We apologize for any inconvenience and are keen to make things right. Please get in touch with us at support@pictory.ai to discuss your concerns and how we can improve your experience.

Bruce

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

A Songwriter's Review of Pictory

Prompt and helpful support. User friendly program. (I'm not highly technical and it only took a few days to produce my first music video.) They encourage feedback from their clients to see where they can improve their service. Pictory provides a valuable service for me.

PROS

Several things. It's user friendly, inexpensive, and provides prompt, helpful support.

CONS

There's nothing I "like least" about Pictory. They provide me with a user friendly and inexpensive program to create and distribute my own good quality music videos. I have no problem meeting the quality standards required by my video distributor. There's nothing to "like least" about that.

Hello Bruce, it's fantastic to hear your feedback! Knowing that you find Pictory easy to navigate and good value for all your creative needs is great news. I'm also glad that our support team was able to help you swiftly. If you ever have any ideas for how we can improve or if you need support, feel free to get in touch at support@pictory.ai.

Replied January 2024

Manuel

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2022

A great product to maximize your content output...for certain industries

This would be a perfect product for education bloggers to get their blog posts to become amazing videos.

PROS

The software is easy to start with and offers a wide range of stock images and videos to bring you blog posts to life.

CONS

The editing UI is a little clunky at first and the AI doesn't always find the correct images on the first try.

Reason for choosing Pictory

Easy to get started with

Hey Manuel, appreciate your insights! Glad to hear Pictory is a hit for transforming blog posts into engaging videos. We're always working to smooth out the editing UI and enhance AI accuracy for image selection. Your feedback is invaluable. For any suggestions or help, feel free to email us at support@pictory.ai.

Frederick

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Minimum effort for maximum output

Churning videos very quickly based on the text I input. Their AI to pick up suitable media files to match my text in the respective scenes really is great and gives me a great idea on what to insert should I need to replace them without thinking much.

PROS

I love that Pictory produces quality video content for you based on just a script (text-to-video) feature. It makes creating explanatory videos so much easier. As my review title suggests, this is the tool for you if you're looking to put in minimum effort for maximum output. Let the software do the heavy work quickly for you!

CONS

Frankly there isn't anything I dislike about Pictory at this point in time. I have tried almost all the features and they're working fine as described where I first found out about them.

Hey Frederick, Thanks for your awesome feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you're efficiently churning out quality videos with Pictory. It's our goal to make video creation as straightforward as possible, and it sounds like we're hitting the mark for you. I noticed you couldn't find anything to dislike - that's what we love to hear!