• icon"All is amazing especially the product listing is very easy for our customers to read."
  • icon"Great platform which integrates with all website. Global configuration, which make it usable at multiple functions."
  • icon"Sales, booking, finance, management, costumers full profile, exactitude...etc. Everything is perfectly made to reach world."
  • icon"Some features, for example pricings, are sometimes confusing to select, specifically for one tier prices."
  • icon"In total our company has lost about 10k NOK due to this policy, and we are expecting to loose quite significant amounts due to all the covid 19 related cancellations."
  • icon"That there is no time limit to when a proposed contract will be accepted or denied."

All Bókun Reviews

Henk-Jan

Pleasure to work with Bokun

We are quite satisfied having chosen Bokun. Besides being a well functioning tour booking and management system, it allows you to expand your business easily by assigning agents, affiliates and joining other marketplaces.

Pros

The look & Feel is great and obviously much effort was put into this. The whole system is fairly intuitive and quick to learn. The help documentation is extensive and written well. Should you not find your answer the help team is quick to respond. Fairly easy to set up, the web modules all look good, the dashboard works well in managing your sales and tours in real time. Setting up agents and affiliates also fairly easy to accomplish. Integration with marketplaces such as Viator also quite smooth, all in all, a good experience and would definitely recommend using.

Cons

One small issue, no warning when an agents credit is about to reach its limit but we can live with it :-)

Response from Bokun

Hi Henk-Jan, Thank you for your kind review of Bokun and the team! We're glad that you have had a positive experience with us, and we hope to continue that in the future. We value our users' feedback, as it's a reflection of how we can improve and serve you better. Your agent overdraft limit is a great feature suggestion that we will forward along to our Product team to look into in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other feedback. We're always happy to hear from our users and learn how we can work better together. - Bokun Support

Replied April 2019

Angeliki

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

One of the best in its field

Booking widget right in my web site making bookings a piece of cake! And with the backend manager I have every detail and information right in my fingertip making my life much easier.

Pros

So many functionalities and features that can cover the demands of tour operators and travel agencies. Pricing is is very fair compared to alternatives. You can even find partnerships within the software. An overall very nice booking software. Ended up using it after a long market research. And can say I'm satisfied.

Cons

Since bokun was recently buyed by tripadvisor I believe it hasn't "settled" to what viator wants to provide. Things have been fixed and I believe that there are plenty more that will be included by viator to make this booking software the top one. Many hasitate knowing that this is not a privately heald software but viator being behind it but I personally can't see why this is something that bad? On the contrary this can be something really good making you feel safe being partners with one of the leading companies in the industry.

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Features, ease of use, pricing. Overall bokun felt that meets my business needs better than any other alywnr in the market.

Reasons for switching to Bókun

Many more features. Bookworms is an overall good appointment booking system but when it comes to travel services bokun rocks!

Response from Bokun

Thank you for your review, Angeliki. We are so glad Bokun has proven to be so helpful and successful as your online booking engine and backend reservation and channel manager. Best, Bokun Support

Replied November 2019

Vitor Hugo

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

August 2022

Price / value good option

Pros

For an operator that sales on viator , bokun is a good partner and engine

Cons

Lot of non developed features! Specially for resources management

Brian

Great product with awesome features

This software has lots of great features. I like everything about the software and the customer service is smooth and always friendly.

Pros

The idea of using software to centralize our sales from different channels is simply amazing. Bokun helped us put in order many of our internal processes. Plus, it's simply useful to use the Marketplace to find new partners.

Cons

I'm pretty good with technology but it was hard for some of my colleagues to understand the functionality of Bókun. I guess a better design would help. Also, trying to make things more simple and user-friendly would be great. And sometimes it delays to load but not sure what the reason would be.

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Great price, great features, video tutorials to help, and from the very first moment they got my attention when I could see how easy it was to manage all our bookings.

Nils

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software for tour operating with online sales channel

Pros

Bokun is incredibly easy to set up and use, while offering tons of features and an incredibly helpful support team.

Cons

Some features were interlinked and required us to set up a chain of different things, which got a bit confusing at times. This has, however, been mostly resolved by recent updates.

Reasons for switching to Bókun

Bokun is much cheaper while offering basically the same features

Response from Bokun

Hi Nils, Thank you for your review. We are always updating the Bokun product based on feedback from customers like you, so we're happy to hear that recent product updates have resolved some of your concerns. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if there are other enhancements you would like to see added to Bokun. Best, Bokun Support

Replied November 2019

Adam

Would 100% Recommend

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Pros

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

Cons

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Pricing/extra fees for our customers was the biggest factor initially.

Nicholas

Great Product, Bit of a learning curve

Over all, worth it.

Pros

This helps organize all of our products in one place, keeps track of our reservations and makes it easy to sell on our own website.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to set up the products and the customer service is not very helpful in getting you through this learning process.

Reasons for switching to Bókun

This site works with TripAdvisor and offered more exposure by using both of their products.

Peter

Exceptional service

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

Pros

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

Cons

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Because of the supplier support that is very efficient and is working smoothly.

Response from Bokun

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future. Best, Bokun Support

Replied July 2019

Carrie

Online Booking with Bokun

Once you are familiar with Bokun it's a superb tool and the support team is awesome, always just a few minutes away to help you solve your issues.

Pros

When we decided for Bokun it was the mix of an online booking system for accommodation, activities plus the all Bokun Marketplace where you could connect with suppliers and vendors from all over the world and resell their products or have them resell yours.

Cons

It was rather complex to get acustomed with the product. Bokun is not a simple "plug & play" solution. You will have to own a good amount of time, dig in, get to know it and then strategically plan what you want to get out of the system and how, before doing it. A clear con today is that Bokun no longer has a focus on the accommodation section, unfortunately. Because we were on it from the beginning we still have access to the tool, which is sadly our most important tool. But Bokun is no longer putting any effort into developing the accommodaton part.

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Back in 2015 Bokun was the only tool to combine accommodation and activities plus offering this new hot feature "Marketplace" and the whol package came at a moderate price for a micro company. To the day, compared with other booking systems, Bokun still offers a superb value for the money you pay. It would still recommend Bokun to anyone in my industry asking for my opinion.

Ben

Bokun has just become another one of the bunch

It was a great software at the beginning. Not anymore

Pros

When Bokun launched, I loved the product. It was affordable, solid and easy to implement into my website. The worst is that they slowly because just another one of the bunch by suddenly increasing their transaction feed. Now they've just become a subscription service and they put you into their PRO plan knowing that few people check all their emails and this way they will charge you when their plans change in November. Now their pricing is no longer affordable and they no longer have any meaningful differentiation from the dozens of similar software out there.

Cons

Their sneaky practices, constantly changing their plans and charging you unexpectedly. One cannot trust that this software will not change their plans and policies several times in the span of a couple of years.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Ben, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're sorry to hear that our recent pricing change has overshadowed the product features that you used to love. We continue to offer a free plan alongside our paid PRO plan to cater to different business needs. At the moment, we're giving our existing customers a month's free to test out all of the PRO features, and have online booking service fees waived for October. Hopefully, this gives you time to test which features work for your business, and you can have the flexibility to choose between the PRO and free plans after. At the same time, we've reduced our online service fees by almost half from 2.9% to 1.5% under the new pricing. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@bokun.io if you have any questions regarding your pricing plan.

Replied October 2020

Haukur

Gamechanger for my company

I love Bokun booking system! That means, I give them 10 out of 10, and I dont give that note often :-)

Pros

I simply love Bokun booking system. It's simple to use, great possibilities, Sevice is great and they listem to their customers to improve the system

Cons

I did not find any bad sides of the software because the service team they quickly solve the few problems I had.

Reasons for choosing Bókun

Because their idea of how the system should work and what options should be there. I also think that in the nearest future Bokun is going to be no1 booking system at least for smaller and medium size companies in tourism, so I put my bet on Bokun, all the time!

Reasons for switching to Bókun

I made a switch when I finally studyed Bokun system and saw they were on the right path. The Marketplace was the biggest key to the future and makes connections to resellers and OTA's so simple. I love it!

Paula

Bokun is the best software for the management of bookings in the travel industry

It's one of my favourite softwares. I use it on a daily basis to manage the travel business I work for and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of time and energy I save everyday by using Bokun.

Pros

Bokun is the ultimate software for travel operators and travel platforms alike. It provides 5-star service, a full on-boarding process with one of their experts. Plus, they are fully integrated with big travel platforms such as TripAdvisor and Expedia, so you get all bookings in one place and you don't need to check multiple platforms daily, which is a big time saver. Moreover, Bokun provides beautiful and customizable widgets for your products to put on your website, which increases conversion rates.

Cons

It is pretty complex to use, but that's both a strength and a weakness. They do offer professional on-boarding and a great resource library, which makes it relatively easy to learn for anyone with

Response from Bokun

Hi Paula, Thank you for your review and your kind words. At Bokun, we strive to keep improving our product and our level of service to meet our customers' needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any ideas for how we can improve the product, particularly in regards to the ease of use. Best, Bokun Support Team

Replied September 2019

Maarten

Best way to grow our business

If you run a small tour operation I would certainly recommend getting onto Bokun, it gets you started faster and at the same time set you up for bigger stuff in the future.

Pros

Bokun delivers a system that integrates just about every functionality we need as a Food Tour company. I particularly like how we can easily find new partners to hook up to the same functionality. Using bokun we can give our clients a seamless experience and at the same time keep administration on our end as lean as possible.

Cons

Cons isn't the right word, the company has a few places to work harder on. - Support could respond faster - Support and new feature roll-out has to get more transparent - E-commerce integration has to be enhanced. Up selling, down selling, cross selling are all in its infancy at this moment. - Partner integration needs more work, the software currently doesn't work well with a model where brick-and-mortar tour agencies sell tours on behalf of us. (Ticketing displays incorrect messages to the end user, invoices can only be sent to one party, not to a different invoicing department, payments are not assumed to come in just before or just after the tour date).

Response from Bokun

Hi Maarten, Thank you for your feedback. We hear you loud and clear about each of your suggestions for improvement, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know. We are working on improving support response time, our new feature communications, and many product enhancements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the support team with any other suggestions or ideas. Best, Bokun Support

Replied June 2019

Frank

It works great for me

I'm generally happy. I was assisted with my site and setting it up. I have been able to reach out to other resellers and operators in the marketplace and have working contracts with them. Everything has been easy for the most part. The only time I had an issue was when I would make a change that would affect the other OTA's and throw it out of synchronization, but Bokun was always quick to help me.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor operating food tour experiences. When I purchased Bokun they assigned a person to help me set up my site. That person would check back with me and any questions I had I would reach out to them. This allowed me to get up and going super quickly.

Cons

I still needed some help in getting it all set up so it's still a little bit more difficult than it should be. The only problems I had were when I would make changes that would throw the synchronization between the different OTA's out of whack and it wasn't immediately evident what it was that I did at the time. However, those are operator errors (my errors). Each time it happened, Bokun would help me out by letting me know exactly where those errors were made.