• Pros

• "Very easy to use and intuitive. Great support and follow up. "

• "It is really easy to use and really fast to find all the options"

• "it's very easy to use and manageable. Easy to install, quite easy to understand all the functions"

• Cons

• "Some features were interlinked and required us to set up a chain of different things, which got a bit confusing at times. This has, however, been mostly resolved by recent updates."

• "Can be a little bit slow at times, but overall not much to complain about. "

• "Sometimes a bit confusing to do things, but always easy to get help if you get stuck."

Browse Bokun Reviews

Maarten from Local Culinary Experiences (Simply Enak)

Best way to grow our business

If you run a small tour operation I would certainly recommend getting onto Bokun, it gets you started faster and at the same time set you up for bigger stuff in the future.

Pros

Bokun delivers a system that integrates just about every functionality we need as a Food Tour company. I particularly like how we can easily find new partners to hook up to the same functionality. Using bokun we can give our clients a seamless experience and at the same time keep administration on our end as lean as possible.

Cons

Cons isn't the right word, the company has a few places to work harder on. - Support could respond faster - Support and new feature roll-out has to get more transparent - E-commerce integration has to be enhanced. Up selling, down selling, cross selling are all in its infancy at this moment. - Partner integration needs more work, the software currently doesn't work well with a model where brick-and-mortar tour agencies sell tours on behalf of us. (Ticketing displays incorrect messages to the end user, invoices can only be sent to one party, not to a different invoicing department, payments are not assumed to come in just before or just after the tour date).

Response from Bokun

Replied June 2019

Hi Maarten, Thank you for your feedback. We hear you loud and clear about each of your suggestions for improvement, and we thank you for taking the time to let us know. We are working on improving support response time, our new feature communications, and many product enhancements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the support team with any other suggestions or ideas. Best, Bokun Support

Great features, with some annoying bugs

Good value for money, good connectivity, good support. Product owned by large OTA is a minus in the long-term when operators are fighting to minimize OTA dependence.

Pros

The best part of this reservation software is the marketplace that allows you to contract directly with other suppliers and resellers of tours and activities. Live support is also a good feature that most other reservation systems don't have. The help articles are quite extensive as well. Product import from Viator is a great feature.

Cons

There are some annoying bugs and features that can leave you clicking around furiously to find a solution for quite some time, eg. the setting up pricing was a mess. The software is being developed constantly and it's possible that these issues have been fixed since, but I got quite frustrated a number of times when setting up the products. Also, raising the commission from 0.1% to 2.9% without any prior notice was not cool -- I thought the agreement was that we were paying with data to Viator... and now we're paying both ways. The OTA-owned reservation systems are creating data oligopoly situations similar to that of Google which is not the right direction in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

The product was free to use for the first 6 months or so, and then it switched to a 0.1% commission, so it was the cheapest product on the market (before they introduced the current 2.9% commission of course).

Technical errors & unfriendly policies

We use bokun for booking of tour products via our website. However, after negative experiences with Bokun we are now looking for a better option - luckily there are countless better booking software products out there.

Pros

The possibility for resellers to gain access to your products.

Cons

Fairly many bugs in the system and exploitative terms & conditions. For tour operators: If a tour gets cancelled by the customer for whatever reason (sickness, travel restrictions due to covid 19, change of travel plans etc.) Bokun keeps all fees paid for the bookings if it is cancelled later than 1 month after the booking was placed by the customer. In total our company has lost about 10k NOK due to this policy, and we are expecting to loose quite significant amounts due to all the covid 19 related cancellations. While we refund the customer, being an understanding company that treats our guests with respect and doesn't take money for a tour that the guest cannot attend due to the world being in a crisis, bokun still takes the fees leaving the tour operator not only without income but with the burden of having to pay a fee for a booking that was cancelled!! At the same time their marketing strategy is trying to make them seem understanding and helpful to its users. Pure hypocricy! After having used bokun for quite some time now we have decided to look for an alternative booking system with less technical issues, provided by a company that values its customers and treats them fairly.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied April 2020

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience. Our support team is here to help. We believe that this particular issue has been rectified, but please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io. To clarify a bit, we only charge a service fee for bookings made on your website when using our online booking engine; all bookings from other channels such as offline, from OTAs, or travel agents come at no charge from Bokun. We don't charge a fee for cancelled direct online bookings that are cancelled within the same month as the booking. But we do not automatically refund for past fees you've already paid to Bokun for bookings made in previous months. We do hope that clarifies, and again our support team is here to help always, and especially during this difficult time. Best, The Bokun Team

Andy from Montgomery Group

Bokun Continues to Improve Better & Better

I enjoy using Bokun and the user experience improves all the time - Keep up the good work Bokun Team!

Pros

Bokun's features keep getting better and better. With Bokun's new interface and booking widgets it's a much easier process for customers to book products. In fact, the number of clicks to make a booking has been reduced thanks to the new popup booking widget which also retains whatever has been added to the cart.

Cons

They are not many cons to using this free software - Apart from being able to have global questions which can be shared between products!

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Bokun offers a much easier solution to creating experiences and tours. This product is fool proof, and if you decide to come over from another platform - You'll be welcomed by the helpful staff!

Rae from Eden on the River

Immense value for money

In my opinion BOKUN is the market leader for tour software that would suit ANY sized business. Their support is terrific and they are helping us grow our business with their channel manager functions. We have direct connections to major OTAs including Trip Adivsor/ Expedia and can also offer private booking areas for hotels and small retail travel agents with personalised pricing & currency. So far anything that I've wanted when I started, or decided along the way that I've wanted- they've delivered. I'm obviously stoked with the product.

Pros

We have been using Bokun for roughly six months now. I spent 12 months trying and discarding other online platforms for tour sales because they were either too hard to use (even for a techie like me) or they lacked functionality. We were starting with almost no online sales and as a small business our budget was quite low. I was looking for a system with lots of functionality, connections to the OTA's and scaleable pricing. AND BOY did I find it!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like- just take note that with an amazing array of functions comes many moving parts. You need to be quite good to manage it all- but if in doubt their support is terrific and can take the hard parts off your hands.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Added functionality & a beautiful interface. PRICING also.

Response from Bokun

Replied December 2019

Hi Rae, Thank you so much for your review! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io if you have any product suggestions or any questions in the future -- we're here to help! Best, Bokun Support

Brian from On Experiences

Great product with awesome features

This software has lots of great features. I like everything about the software and the customer service is smooth and always friendly.

Pros

The idea of using software to centralize our sales from different channels is simply amazing. Bokun helped us put in order many of our internal processes. Plus, it's simply useful to use the Marketplace to find new partners.

Cons

I'm pretty good with technology but it was hard for some of my colleagues to understand the functionality of Bókun. I guess a better design would help. Also, trying to make things more simple and user-friendly would be great. And sometimes it delays to load but not sure what the reason would be.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Great price, great features, video tutorials to help, and from the very first moment they got my attention when I could see how easy it was to manage all our bookings.

Alexandra from Add Action Portugal

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All in one easy and friendly to use

I'm selling my tours in several websites and agents, and Bokun was the best choice that I could have done for my company. Tried other before and this one got me to where I wanted.

Pros

When I came across with Bokun I thought it would be another headache... I was so wrong. Easy to use, friendly and suoer nice costumer support.

Cons

I would love to have more time to explore all the features more detailed. So far I haven't seen any negative points.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Easy to use, friendly approach, very reasonable price, no monthly fees, integration.

Nils from Interlaken Walking Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software for tour operating with online sales channel

Pros

Bokun is incredibly easy to set up and use, while offering tons of features and an incredibly helpful support team.

Cons

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Hi Nils, Thank you for your review. We are always updating the Bokun product based on feedback from customers like you, so we're happy to hear that recent product updates have resolved some of your concerns. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if there are other enhancements you would like to see added to Bokun. Best, Bokun Support

Nicholas from Niagara Falls Adventure Tours

Great Product, Bit of a learning curve

Over all, worth it.

Pros

This helps organize all of our products in one place, keeps track of our reservations and makes it easy to sell on our own website.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to set up the products and the customer service is not very helpful in getting you through this learning process.

Roman from Davay Poedem

Bokun is excellent

With Bokun I can set everything in order with my bookings. Also customers enjoy modern and comfortable widgets at my website)

Pros

It is easy to use and implement to the website.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is not translated into Russian.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

1. It is connected to TripAdvisor, where our products are already listed 2. No monthly fees. Just comission for every completed booking 3. Modern interface and friendly usability

Garion from TasteVodka krakow

Read their terms of service - their stance towards refunds of fees at the moment is disappointing

Mixed. In some ways it's great in others it's very frustrating. Their support is comprised entirely of non technical staff. In fact they're usually not even well versed in the software and you are told please wait 10 minutes while I get an answer for you. Sometimes they can't get you an answer. There are also some gaping limitations in for example their custom exports. One example is you can't output the amount of refunds you make in a month.

Pros

It's been good overall. What we use them for is a means to have an attractive booking calendar on our website for our customers to use to book our tours. Their platform allows for integration with some good sites like Expedia and Tripadvisor where we can also sell our tours. Platforms such as Airbnb experiences have to be dealt with manually but the booking desk on bokun.io allows for this pretty easily. It also manages availability of seats on our tours and has some good features such as automated messaging and custom exports for your sales data.

Cons

Right at this very moment my biggest gripe is with their Policy towards cancelled bookings through their platform. It's not like we've lost a crippling amount of money but it's that they're not taking a strong supportive stance towards their customers. How it normally works is if someone books through Bokun, then bokun will charge you 2.9% of the total amount of the sale. They add up all the sales for the month then charge you for it in the next calendar month. If someone books and cancels and your refunds policy allows for them to get their money back Bokun won't charge you. But if they book and then don't cancel till the month following or later then your fee is kept by Bokun. In the whole of 2019 we had this happen a total of 5 times. In March 2020 because of the lockdown on travel we had a total of 30 people cancel who had booked in February or earlier meaning we'd paid bokun fees for their bookings. it amounted to about 2,500 euro of sales refunded and bokun's fee at ~3 percent was something like 75 euro. I've been in contact with their support getting replies like 'Sorry this isn't refundable' to eventually a very vague 'we understand this is a difficult time but we deal with these issues on case by case basis' response. I'm sorry but it's not good enough. We've offered our customers all of their money back, PayPal is waiving their fees, Braintree is waiving their fees, the tax man is waiving their fees. It's about doing the right thing. They're not right now.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

They had a promotion of 0.1% commission during their early stages.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied April 2020

Hi Garion, We appreciate and understand your concerns around our refund policies. As you said, we're addressing this on a manual case-by-case basis right now and so we greatly appreciate your patience. Bokun only charges our 2.9% service fee for bookings made on your website when using our online booking engine; all bookings from other channels such as offline, from OTAs like Tripadvisor and Expedia, or travel agents come at no charge from Bokun. As you said, our system does not automatically refund for past fees you've already paid to Bokun for bookings made in previous months that have since been cancelled. But please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io to discuss your individual situation further. Our support team is here to help always, and especially during this difficult time for the industry. Best, The Bokun Team

Angeliki from Greece Adventure Trips

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

One of the best in its field

Booking widget right in my web site making bookings a piece of cake! And with the backend manager I have every detail and information right in my fingertip making my life much easier.

Pros

So many functionalities and features that can cover the demands of tour operators and travel agencies. Pricing is is very fair compared to alternatives. You can even find partnerships within the software. An overall very nice booking software. Ended up using it after a long market research. And can say I'm satisfied.

Cons

Since bokun was recently buyed by tripadvisor I believe it hasn't "settled" to what viator wants to provide. Things have been fixed and I believe that there are plenty more that will be included by viator to make this booking software the top one. Many hasitate knowing that this is not a privately heald software but viator being behind it but I personally can't see why this is something that bad? On the contrary this can be something really good making you feel safe being partners with one of the leading companies in the industry.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Features, ease of use, pricing. Overall bokun felt that meets my business needs better than any other alywnr in the market.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review, Angeliki. We are so glad Bokun has proven to be so helpful and successful as your online booking engine and backend reservation and channel manager. Best, Bokun Support

Caroline from Sandsjögården - Holiday Resort i Sandsjö AB

Bókun - A booking software and marketplace developing

We finally have an online booking platform, that by today automatically takes care of approx. 40% of our accommodation bookings.

Pros

When we first got introduced to Bókun we saw the huge potential and the possibility for getting a very useful and handy booking platform for us as family managed small holiday resort, which is not an overkill compared to many other systems. We were also fond of the idea of the marketplace.

Cons

Having worked with the Bókun platform for 4 years now we love it on one hand, but at the same time we are disappointed, that, especially since Trip Advisor jumped on board, no further developments were made on the accommodation platform. This is the main platform we use and we put up from the beginnigs with missing items, or work around solutions because we were always promised that things would get better/easier/more userfriendly or simply missing items would be implemented. We tried to help actively with feedback what we were missing on our behalf. Last year I then got the feedback, that no further developments are made on the accommodation platform for the time being. All focus is set on tours and marketplace. A huge disappointment for us. The platform has evolved including all parts and I still believe the accommodation platform is important, too. So it highly would be appreciated to give this part a little bit more focus again.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

We liked the product and all of its features better at that time. More product for the money you pay. It seemed like no overkill for our small company.

Response from Bokun

Replied December 2019

Hi Caroline, Thank you for your review and feedback. We hear you loud and clear and completely understand your concerns about using Bokun as an accommodations management platform. Our core focus at Bokun remains creating the best platform for tours and activities. But please keep sending us your feedback and ideas for accommodation bookings, and we will continue to alert you of any new features we have added. Best, Bokun Support

Gðmundur from Arctic Adventures

Industry: Tobacco

Bad response rate in technical support

In most part good, the response time of technical support, mainly regarding the API is ridiculous. It's almost never shorter then 4 days and if I don't get an answer in about 10 days then I'm not gonna get answers. I would say about 70% of the queries I send to the support that need technical are not answered. But I would like to point out that when I get answers from the programmers then the service is always good.

Pros

nothing in particular some parts are good others not so good. Nothing on the top of my head I can think of.

Cons

The API is often changed without letting us know. That extras was changed so that each product has its own extra instead of many products can have the same extra. We rent out equipment in about billion tours, imagine if we need to change the picture of lets say the hiking shoes.

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Guðmundur thank you for your review of Bókun. Bókun's support team has grown substantially in the past year after joining the TripAdvisor family and we're currently expanding to be able to provide better (and faster!) technical support for our customers. We are happy to hear that the support you have received thus has been positive and we look forward to continuing that in the near future. We appreciate your feedback regarding our API updates and "extras" features. We are currently working to enhance how we communicate product updates to our customers. We felt that giving our customers more customization when it came to the extras would be more beneficial to their usage. It also provides a better overview of which extras have been added to each product. Images are added on the product level, not per extra, so if you have different equipment available, you only need to update your images in the gallery for the product. We hope this helps to clarify! - Bokun Support

Verena from Viking Horses

Support team is the best

It really helps us in our internal communication and organization. It would be great if it would help us in our marketing in the future. We have made contracts in the marketplace but none of them really brings us much business so far.

Pros

The customer service! Very quick, very clear, very helpful for all kind of questions and problems.

Cons

For example it should be more easy to make bookings for travel agents or clients which are not in the marketplace. It is a bit complicated to first set them all up as affiliates or agents and then make the bookings for them. Imagine, often hotels or booking offices call in to make a booking and I have to be much quicker to put the booking in. The software is therefore in my opinion too limited to the marketplace. I usually use the booking desk to put new bookings in but unfortunately it does not safe the commission here. I have to put it in as discount after I finished the booking.

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Verena, thank you for your kind words! Our help center is full of tips for using our product more effectively with both agents and affiliates. For agents, you're able to provide them with login access to your back-end system so they can make the bookings themselves without needing your assistance. You can also create an Agent Booking Area for agents to book your tours more easily. You can provide affiliates with booking engines that they can enter onto their website for customers to book directly. When a customer books a tour through them, you can see it immediately in your Sales Feed & track it in the Affiliate Report. When using the Book: Experiences feature, you can choose an agent to view all of the products that are available to them. Commission will be added automatically so there's no need to add the discount afterwards. We are happy to work with you to ensure you're getting the most out of our Marketplace. Please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance!

Jason from Meeting the French

Review of Bokun Software

Bokun makes the management of reservations and finances much easier and much more efficient for us.

Pros

Great API connectivity with key partners to ensure that our reservation information is up-to-date and accurate. Easy to add schedules, make modifications and update as necessary.

Cons

Still missing important features with incoming bookings that are necessary for our work: notably we receive no information on the language of the activity of the reservation. We also cannot create one-off bookings/reservations of on request services; if we were able to create orders with one-time products/services instead of being restricted to selecting something form the catalogue, Bokun would satisfy all of our reservation needs.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

At the time, the size of Bokun corresponded with the size of our company, which was excellent as we were sure they would understand our specific needs and point of view when using the platform.

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Jason, Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are always updating and improving the Bokun product, and we appreciate your suggested product updates! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

Francisco from Panchitoo.com

Finally found a Online Booking Hosting that fits all my needs

Online Booking was basically my main reason why I joined Bokun. I create my own webpages and I had used other online Booking Hostings in the past but none gave me so much as Bokun has done for me. I can connect/linked my products from Expedia, Viator, tripadvisor to Bokun a worryless of keeping track of my allotment since Bokun does it for me. I am 100% satisfied with Bokun.

Pros

It is easy to use if instructions are followed, Support Service is always there to help you or willing to get the work done for you, they are very courteous and attentive. Bokun has so many features to helping optimize Online Booking according to your customization. One gets so much for so low of charge. Helps a lot to interact and create partnerships with other users and companies from all over the world. Definitely 100% satisfied with Bokun.

Cons

I cannot think about anything that I like the least, perhaps at the start of becoming a new user I might had found it a little too much of information to learn, especially because it was also a new software and lots improvements were done to make it functional, but now it works flawless for me.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

There was no alternative products.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your kind words, Francisco. We appreciate the feedback, especially about the process of learning the Bokun software. We are continuing to work on improving our education and onboarding experience since we know it is a lot to learn, especially at first. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any additional questions or comments. Best, Bokun Support

Cristina from Vimotions - Viajes Insular

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Amazing digital platform to offer tours & activities

It's a perfect tool to focus all your experiences of the different suppliers and sellers in one system. At least with all sellers listed in the platform. Everyday we are having more sellers that were already selling our products in Bókun, so we have changed our agreements and made new ones through Bókun. It's easier for us. And above all, the possibility to contact new sellers registered in the platform.

Pros

The opportunity to get in touch with so many suppliers around the world. The function of the system to connect seller and supplier.

Cons

When the system forwards the booking confirmation to the supplier, the supplier doesn't receive the contact details of the customer.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

We saw this platform 2 years ago as a potencial one. We receive clients from all over the world and were looking for such tool to reach customers from all continents. Now this year with Tripadvisor, the platform has become even more famous and a lot of suppliers/sellers are getting into this tool.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Hi Cristina, We're so happy to hear that you've had such success with the Bokun B2B marketplace! Thank you for your feedback about the booking confirmation details. Each reseller can choose when to share customer information with the supplier. We recommend you speak to the reseller(s) you are working with and ask if they can adjust when they share the customer contact details. If you need more information about how the reseller can make this change within their account, please email us at support@bokun.io. Best, Bokun Support

Ralf from citytrip AG

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best value for money reservation

At the beginning I was a bit struggling, but now as I know the system, it works very well. When I have a problem I get support very quickly.

Pros

It is cheap and works very closely with Viator (TripAdvisor Experiences) and Expedia

Cons

The fact that it is owned by the biggest player, i.e. Tripadvisor. First of all it is a big advantage but at the same time a risk with regards to GetYourGuide (another very strong partner of mine). So I use two Reservatins System. I work with bokun and have Viator, Expedia, Musement, Holibob, TourHQ etc. connected and on the other side I use GYG directly.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied December 2019

Hi Ralf, Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you aren't using Bokun to connect with GetYourGuide. We assure you that our goal is to get you connected to and selling on as many channels as possible, in order to put you in front of every potential customer. Bokun shares none of our customer data with the TripAdvisor Experiences / Viator account management team. If you do decide you want to use Bokun to connect to GetYourGuide, or you want to learn more about our GYG partnership, please reach out to us at support@bokun.io. Best, Bokun Support

Kormákur from Basecamp Iceland

The best solution for the busy Tour operator

Our experience has been great, sure we have had some challenges keeping up with all their new features but in the end it has made our life so much easier.

Pros

Ease of use and quick setup is at the core of the bokun system and they achive that without sacrificing more complex operations. We have regularly had demo's of other booking systems but none have provided us with the options and ease of use that Bokun has. Job well done

Cons

Sometimes it has been too easy to setup new products and we have ended up with too many to keep overview. Luckily, the bokun support is amazingly fast to respond when we get into trouble.

Dubravko from Caravanserai d.o.o.

Execution and support

Benefits are to have a software we can rely on, it provides ease of use, it's practical and have the best support we have ever experienced of any partner or platform we have worked with.

Pros

Speed, connectivity, ease of use, support.

Cons

Adaptability and tailoring for specific needs. We provide special products and software is not so adaptable for such services.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

The best customer service and speed of development before TripAdvisor bought it.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Hi Dubravko, Thank you for your kind words about our support team. We understand your concern about the lack of adaptability of the product for some features. If you haven't already, please do reach out to support@bokun.io and let us know what your specific needs are, and we can work with you to find solutions for your business's unique needs. Best, Bokun Support

Henk-Jan from Amsterdam Boat Center

Pleasure to work with Bokun

We are quite satisfied having chosen Bokun. Besides being a well functioning tour booking and management system, it allows you to expand your business easily by assigning agents, affiliates and joining other marketplaces.

Pros

The look & Feel is great and obviously much effort was put into this. The whole system is fairly intuitive and quick to learn. The help documentation is extensive and written well. Should you not find your answer the help team is quick to respond. Fairly easy to set up, the web modules all look good, the dashboard works well in managing your sales and tours in real time. Setting up agents and affiliates also fairly easy to accomplish. Integration with marketplaces such as Viator also quite smooth, all in all, a good experience and would definitely recommend using.

Cons

One small issue, no warning when an agents credit is about to reach its limit but we can live with it :-)

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Henk-Jan, Thank you for your kind review of Bokun and the team! We're glad that you have had a positive experience with us, and we hope to continue that in the future. We value our users' feedback, as it's a reflection of how we can improve and serve you better. Your agent overdraft limit is a great feature suggestion that we will forward along to our Product team to look into in the future. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other feedback. We're always happy to hear from our users and learn how we can work better together. - Bokun Support

Georg from Discover ehf

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Great for bookings, want to see it move to operations

It is OK I worry much with the new owners and what they will do with the pricing of bokun, expecting to move back to our own online booking system if prices rise and just use bokun to book other products with partners.

Pros

Easy to manage bookings, good feature set around it. Many sales and suppliers in the system, good sales canal.

Cons

Management of the products can be complicated and often not working correctly. Would like to see better management around staff, able to assign bookings on guide or driver guides. The calendar on our web can be slow some times.

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Georg, thank you for reviewing Bokun! We're happy to hear that you found our system useful and easy to use. At Bokun, we strive to help our users grow their businesses, including selling your products through channels like your own website, global OTAs and the Marketplace. So, if you want to explore any of this, do let us know! Our developers are actively working on Resource Management, so stay tuned for more information on this soon! Last but not least, if you require any assistance on product management or anything in general, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help. - Bokun Support

Paulina from Dogsledding

The people there are great!

The customer service is good, sometimes the technical staff is really slow at figuring out things. I find that they have a great corporate culture and I like working with people like that.

Pros

You can do wonderful things with is if you know where to clic and what you are looking for.

Cons

When it is updated, sometimes the Help section is not updated. There are some features that sometimes do not work properly or we would like seeing modified e.i. adding the day (Monday...) into the Activity Calendar rather than just the date itself.

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Paulina, Thanks for taking the time to review Bokun. We're glad to hear that you've found our tools easy to use and our customer service has been nice to work with! We are currently reviewing our Helpdesk to improve and update articles and add new ones. We'll make sure to try to update our articles promptly with any new product releases moving forward. Thank you for the suggestion regarding adding the days in the Activity Time Selector Widget. We will pass this on to our product manager for review. Don't hesitate to reach out with any other feedback! -Bokun Support

Haukur from Hornstrandaferdir.is

Gamechanger for my company

I love Bokun booking system! That means, I give them 10 out of 10, and I dont give that note often :-)

Pros

I simply love Bokun booking system. It's simple to use, great possibilities, Sevice is great and they listem to their customers to improve the system

Cons

I did not find any bad sides of the software because the service team they quickly solve the few problems I had.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Because their idea of how the system should work and what options should be there. I also think that in the nearest future Bokun is going to be no1 booking system at least for smaller and medium size companies in tourism, so I put my bet on Bokun, all the time!

Super asset to TOs and TAs

Great Market place and smooth connectivty to partners

Pros

Customer service Pricing Constant development

Cons

Just need to add separate entry process for different segments

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Raw and fresh versus big market player

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had success using the Bokun B2B Marketplace and connections to additional distribution channels. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions for suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

Ahmet from Holiday Experiences

Great software for any size of company

Pros

Great reservation and booking system for Tours&Activities agents, suppliers... Since around 6 months I am using Bokun actively. Thanks to the colleagues of Bokun who have contacted me and offered a half hour training 6 months ago. Since that time I have increased the number of my products to more than 100 and I have also now 6 active contracts with resellers and OTAs, which were listed in the Bokun Marketplace. I always get quick answers to my requests from their support team. The pricing conditions of Bokun is incomparable. %2.9!!! And recently the experiences widget HTML codes for our website and any other place(Share link via Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp etc) is really great!! Great Thanks to all the colleagues at Bokun in Iceland and Boston who have contacted me and also to other team members... Ahmet V. Holiday Experiences Marmaris - Turkey

Cons

The system and the features are easy to use, but you need some time till you get used to them. There are really endless details in the system, which can be used according to different needs of the users. Some minor changes could be done so that it becomes more user friendly.

Paula from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Bokun is the best software for the management of bookings in the travel industry

It's one of my favourite softwares. I use it on a daily basis to manage the travel business I work for and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of time and energy I save everyday by using Bokun.

Pros

Bokun is the ultimate software for travel operators and travel platforms alike. It provides 5-star service, a full on-boarding process with one of their experts. Plus, they are fully integrated with big travel platforms such as TripAdvisor and Expedia, so you get all bookings in one place and you don't need to check multiple platforms daily, which is a big time saver. Moreover, Bokun provides beautiful and customizable widgets for your products to put on your website, which increases conversion rates.

Cons

It is pretty complex to use, but that's both a strength and a weakness. They do offer professional on-boarding and a great resource library, which makes it relatively easy to learn for anyone with

Response from Bokun

Replied September 2019

Hi Paula, Thank you for your review and your kind words. At Bokun, we strive to keep improving our product and our level of service to meet our customers' needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any ideas for how we can improve the product, particularly in regards to the ease of use. Best, Bokun Support Team

David from Hub World Travel dba America's Hub World Tours

Best Solution for Doing Business

Bokun team support is the best my team has ever worked with in the industry. There ability to customize a system that works for us was amazing. There system is a one stop solution with opportunities for future support as we continue to increase our business levels.

Pros

Functionally easy to navigate. Very easy for my team to customize groups or set up new products.

Cons

The software meets our requirements. I would recommend to anyone.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Our main reason for selecting Bokun was customer service. There willingness to become an extension of our business to support future growth levels. What I love the best is that this company follows up to track and monitor there customers satisfaction. They are always giving wonderful tips on how to improve or expand service offerings.

Adalsteinn Svan from Whale Watching Hauganes

Industry: Maritime

Backbone of our business!

Pros

Bokun gives us a thought oversight of our operations and helps us planing our tours ahead of time. Easy access to all bookings helps us sending out invoices at the right time which at the end of the day helps us with maintaining a healthy cash flow.

Cons

I would prefer a more helpful dashboard to be really able to crunch the numbers and statistics, this year vs the next etc. needing to export a sheet to takes time and effort when it can all be easily added to the dashboard. For example we’d love to push one button to see a breakdown of nationalities compared now, compared to last month and recent years.

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Adalsteinn Svan, Thank you for your review and for sharing your dashboard reporting suggestions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io if you have any other product enhancement suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

Adam from CU Tours

Would 100% Recommend

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Pros

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

Cons

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Pricing/extra fees for our customers was the biggest factor initially.

Making everyday work much easier

Pros

I like how the platform give both an option to buy the product now or just pay on the day.

Cons

It would probably how bookings are placed on the calender. I'd like it to show them by coming dates as the trend now is all new bookings will be displayed on top pushing old booking far below and it makes it a bit difficult to keep track.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

I choose bokun as this was the platform used by viator which is the main platform were working with and honestly it was a great choice as customer support was thorough and made everything so easy when it comes to bookings management.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your review. If you look at the "Booking Calendar" and "Passenger List," you will be able to see the view you are looking for. The Sales Feed that you see when you first login to Bokun displays a running feed of all your most recent bookings. But click over to the Booking Calendar to see all bookings in a calendar view. Email us at support@bokun.io or login to Bokun and send us a chat message, and we can walk you through it. Best, Bokun Support

António Pedro from Bago D'Uva 360º

A huge change

Pros

I joined Bokun when they got acquired by Tripadvisor. The small commission was at drove me in, but then I realized it was so much more. It was easy to use, easy to integrate on our website with the widgets and I even found a payment provider better than the one I was using that connected well with them. But I would say the best is their customer service. The whole team is just nice and I've met a few of them at Arival as well. I always tell people when they start using bokun on my team or other teams (to which I have recommended bokun to) - the chat is your best friend, backed by very good tutorials!

Cons

Initially, the fact that the bookings could not be seen in a calendar was a difficulty, but it has been fixed.

Frank from AsadoAdventure

It works great for me

I'm generally happy. I was assisted with my site and setting it up. I have been able to reach out to other resellers and operators in the marketplace and have working contracts with them. Everything has been easy for the most part. The only time I had an issue was when I would make a change that would affect the other OTA's and throw it out of synchronization, but Bokun was always quick to help me.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor operating food tour experiences. When I purchased Bokun they assigned a person to help me set up my site. That person would check back with me and any questions I had I would reach out to them. This allowed me to get up and going super quickly.

Cons

I still needed some help in getting it all set up so it's still a little bit more difficult than it should be. The only problems I had were when I would make changes that would throw the synchronization between the different OTA's out of whack and it wasn't immediately evident what it was that I did at the time. However, those are operator errors (my errors). Each time it happened, Bokun would help me out by letting me know exactly where those errors were made.

NICOLAS from DestinoMVD

Industry: International Affairs

A practical and effective tool

I have had a good experience with the use of the platform and the reception of executives.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, A simple and integrated way to load products,

Cons

The classification of activities, I consider that it is more efficient to separate the activities according to the sector or product that is offered.

recommendation

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've had success integrating your products. You can add categories and attributes to your experiences in Bokun in the product setup settings. Don't hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you need any further information or support. All the best, Bokun Support

Edda from Northern Destinations

User friendly booking widgets and marketplace

New functions are doing a good job. Some development choices didn't take into account the products that matter a lot to my organization but we are using the new Experience setup and functions that are working great. Much more understandable than before and user friendly interface.

Pros

It is mostly user friendly. One can set up multiple types of tours with the new setup very easily and post on one's own website either a booking page or a widget. Also the marketplace. Very accessible to sell and buy products from all that use bókun. We were really happy when the cost model changed into pay per sold item instead of fixed cost. That makes it easier for new buyers to join bókun and shop online.

Cons

That transportation products were left out of the development

Stepan from WORLD ADVENTOUR

Amazing booking solution affordably

Bokun provides the only booking solution my business will ever need (I am hoping so:). Moreover, having the majority of OTAs and resellers synced with one booking engine makes it flawless to manage calendar and reservations.

Pros

At first, the structure and functionality of this software overwhelm but in no time the user will gradually start appreciating every little detail which makes it so easy to manage all aspects of a prospering tourism company. Bokun provides solutions for tons of different products and services. It also feels that they are always around to give you an extra tip to improve your business or use a new tool they just released.

Cons

It takes time to learn how to operate this software, but this applies to everything serious and well made.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied December 2019

Hi Stepan, Thank you for your kind words and for sticking with the training as you got ramped up on Bokun. As you said, it takes time to learn the entire system, but we are so happy that you have gotten so much value out of the Bokun system and are using it to connect with distribution partners, sell on your website, and manage your calendars and reservations. Best, Bokun Support

Tim from Glass Bottomed Boat Gairloch

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Used daily for online bookings and its perfect

Excellent. A very good move for me

Pros

The interface is clean and responsive - simple to view and use

Cons

More 3rd party payment portals would help.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied April 2020

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review and your feedback! Thank you for your suggestion on adding more 3rd party payment portals. We are continually adding more partners as well as overall feature updates to Bokun, and we will keep you posted with all of our updates. Best, Bokun Support

Cody from Wandering Heart Adventures

Love this software

Helping us get more business, and make it easier for customers to find us online.

Pros

How easy and effective it is at sales for my business!

Cons

Customer support is hard to communicate directly with guest.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

I felt it would bring us more business.

Response from Bokun

Replied November 2019

Hi Cody, Thank you for your review and your feedback. Thank you for your comment about our customer support We are always working on improving our performance, so we appreciate this feedback! Best, Bokun Support

ian from Niagara Falls Air Tours Inc.

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Product is acceptable but not exceptional

Despite the product's shortcomings, the staff are great to work with, and very committed.

Pros

Does not work with GroupOn. Works almost seamlessly with Viator, almost.

Cons

Software USER support is thin. Too many items are referred to 'specialists' who don't reply until days or weeks after the inquiry. Re-explaining the same issue to different front line support folks for 3-4 months with no complete resolution (and no demonstrated interest or sense of urgency on the part of the software supplier) can be frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

They are all equal in most respects, but the Bokun staff seemed just a little more capable and engaged during the assessment process.

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Ian, Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are actively working to improve our support response times, and we take your feedback very seriously. Best, Bokun Support

Robert from ExploRana AS

Great platform

Pros

It is easily compatible with our homepage. It's very easy to implement products from Bokun to any platform.

Cons

It has limited payment providers. I would love to have also Izettle as a payment provider.

Response from Bokun

Replied December 2019

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback! We've passed on your request for adding iZettle as an additional payment provider to the team. (Here is the latest list of payment service providers we work with: https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/2829618-payment-providers) Best, Bokun Support

Peter from Slovenia Daytrip

Exceptional service

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

Pros

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

Cons

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Because of the supplier support that is very efficient and is working smoothly.

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future. Best, Bokun Support

Megan from The Fitz Hostel

Simple and affordable

As an accommodation provider, Bokun has really streamlined my booking and payment processes - pretty much all guests are paid in full online upon arrival, saving time and making for a better check in experience.

Pros

Simple, streamlined booking widget (for your website) and easy-to-use property management dashboard

Cons

Doesn't provide sales spreadsheets with HST information (which I need for tax purposes in Canada)

Response from Bokun

Replied April 2019

Hi Megan, Thanks for your review of Bokun! We're so glad to hear that you find our widgets and dashboard easy to use, and that we've helped to streamline your business. We do not yet have country-specific reports built but we are always looking for feedback for our Product team, so we are happy to pass that suggestion along. Thanks! - Bokun Support

Victoria from SAT MEXICO

Excellent program

Well our company needed more organization with the reservation sistem, and bokun really help to control our reservation and make it easy for everyone

Pros

It is really easy to use and really fast to find all the options

Cons

Sometimes the matching connection is wrong but support service always help us

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Because the program is easier to use

Angel from South Beach Welcome Center

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Bokun Does what it says it does

It has been a great working relationship with Them and They are always their when I call.

Pros

The ease of use is really the Pro side of the system.

Cons

There is no Cons . I have been using it for a while and cannot find anything to say as to what they do wrong.

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Angel, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are here to help you if you have any questions or need assistance. Best, Bokun Support

Marianne Isabel from www.worldholidaytravelandtours.com

excellent

scheduling and alerts right away when theres no booking.

Pros

Excellent Staff always see to it if your questions are solved. They will not stop assisting you until they are sure that you have the answers to what you are asking . Very affordable and it is perfect for small business that is still starting no need to pay high fees in softwares.

Cons

none all ok theres nothing i did not like.

none

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Marianne Isabel, Thank you for your review and your support of Bokun. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to help you in the future. Best, Bokun Support

Mr. Abraham from AFRICA LAST MINUTE LTD

Bokun for Tour and Activity operatros

we get good readership and visibility for our products. we will continue adding more day and multi-day excursions and off-road safaris on Bokun.

Pros

Bokun is great software for tour and activity operators. The day to day activities itinerary feature and online payment possibility for customers is amazing.

Cons

they are yet to fulfit in the best way possible, the pricing option based on participants on a shared transport.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Replied December 2019

Hi Abraham, Thank you for your review and for your feedback on the ability to offer different pricing based on transportation options. We have some solutions we'd like to suggest that will allow you to offer different pricing based on if the type of transportation your customer is selecting -- please reach out to us via support@bokun.io or the chat in the product, and we will help you get it set up. Best, Bokun Support

Christoph from Paddles & Fins UG

Best booking software

I used other bookingtools before and bokun is the best so far. Value for the product is awesome.

Pros

The userfriendly functionality is awesome. And the presentation of our tours and lessons is perfect. Customers having no problems in booking and it is very easy to create new experiences.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like. But I would like to have more payment providers included. And the new functionality of planing your resources needs some improvement (e.g. one surfboard per customer etc.)

Reasons for Choosing Bokun

Same quality for less provisions

Response from Bokun

Replied July 2019

Hi Christoph, Thank you for your review and your suggestions on adding additional payment providers and enhancing resource management. We are continually working to improve the Bokun product, so please keep checking back on Bokun for enhancements in these areas. Best, Bokun Support

Antonio from Sol Cana Tours

GOOD VALUE

It has been a good experience to work with Bokun. It makes your job easier. Also, the marketplace is good, there you can contacto other companies to sell your productos.

Pros

You can manage your booking from diferente companies in just one place.

Cons

Sometimes your productos las too long to get publish on the other suites. Once you make some Changes in Bokun, it takes a few hours to get to the site you want it to get to.

Response from Bokun

Replied December 2019

Hi Antonio, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you have been able to find and connect with other tour operators in the Bokun Marketplace! We understand your concern about the delay in changes that you've made in Bokun reflecting on other distribution sites; we've taken this feedback to our team and will keep you updated as we make improvements. Best, Bokun Support

Bertram from Vinosfera Wine gallery

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Bókun changed my business for better!

All my business reservation system is with bókun. We have 60% more customers from all over the world. Great software.

Pros

Integrations with API are great. Reservation system is very easy to drive. Financial is great.

Cons

For us have been difficult using widgets with our web page. We didn’t. I want to find easier the widget integration, so I’ll be able to do it.