What are Peek PRO Tour Operator Software users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Peek PRO Tour Operator Software software through verified user reviews

• icon"Simple, easy to use, great team backing you up as an extension of your own organization."
  • icon"For small businesses or businesses just starting out the fact that there is no cost to the business is awesome. The small Peek fee is passed on to the customer."
  • icon"The onboarding team was amazing. Knowledgeable, efficient and very patient."
  • icon"The learning curve at first can be a little frustrating, but I think that is to be expected with any new software."
  • icon"The setup was layed out crazy no one could really understand it it would also take up too much time trying to figure it out."
  • icon"In some situations this created a problem because the customers account would have $250 in held funds until the original $100 was returned. We found a work around, but it wasn't ideal."

Browse all Peek PRO Tour Operator Software Reviews

• Have you used Peek PRO Tour Operator Software and would like to share your experience with others?

Jeffrey

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Sleek customization + ease of use

Hallie

Great fit for our small rental & shuttle operation. Huge time-saver, very happy.

As mentioned above, we are saving a LOT of time answering fewer phone calls regarding booking kayak trips or questions about the kayak trips. The automated emails also help make sure that people don't miss their reservation, and they get a reminder of things they should bring and what time they need to be there, and we don't need to put in any extra work to make this happen. I put a lot of time into the initial set-up, but that was expected. It's very easy to use. I haven't had to call for support, but I would expect them to be very helpful if needed. Also, there is ultimately not much cost to do this. Peek charges a percentage on each booking (currently 6% i think), which most operators, including ourselves, add as a booking fee to the customer (which is pretty typical nowadays, so I don't have an issue with it). There was no additional set-up fee. I'm very happy. I was worried about how to integrate into Quickbooks on the accounting-side, but I've figured out some methods to enter the Peek sales that aren't very complicated.

Pros

Peek Pro has allowed us to easily add our reservations to our website, allowing customers to see what's available and book online. We can edit the schedule as needed, and the best part is the reduced call volume in our otherwise busy retail shop. Rentals and shuttles are a small part of our business, so we needed to streamline the amount of time it takes to manage it. Peek has helped tremendously! There is a lot of capability to the system, and you may have to find a few work-arounds to best suit your business, but all-in-all, I've been really impressed with the capabilities. The software helps us avoid over-booking, and it also automatically sends customized emails to remind people when and where they need to be. So helpful! The support team for set-up were very thorough and helpful as well. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to do most everything yourself, but the support team will help get everything set-up initially, which is really nice. They have options of how to set up different types of operations, so it's good to have someone to work with.

Cons

No major complaints yet. Make sure you check through the email settings before you start using it, we had a few default emails that were still auto-sending that we should have customized sooner than we did, and I overlooked that they were sending out. There are a few small things I'd like to see updated eventually, like being able to customize and/or remove payment types (remove cash, for example), and also I'd like some more complex options for programming discount codes.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Hallie! Thanks so much for writing this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to streamline your business and save you time !

Replied July 2019

Miranda

Peek Pro

I switched from Fare Harbor a few years ago and I've had a pretty consistently good experience with Peek since then.

Pros

The customer service has been the beat feature by far. The software is relatively intuitive and well designed. I have multiple guides that are easily able to use it.

Cons

Other newer features are great in theory but haven't worked well for us personally like the tipping option. The embeddable review widget was terrible and did not update or work properly when I tried to use it on my website. I also wish there was a way to aggregate the answers to the question "how did you hear about us?" that customers answer at the time of registration. Also, it would be nice if the emails were more mobile friendly. It took me tons of trial and error to format them so they are readable on mobile phones, because that is how the majority of customers are viewing them, especially the day of the tour.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Before I switched, I asked a few other local businesses about their experience using Peek and they all endorsed it, although it's interesting that one has since switched to another software provider.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I was really frustrated with their customer service and software and even after several months, they couldn't resolve an issue I was having with public vs private bookings. We ended up double booking sometimes and scrambling to accommodate everyone last minute.

Industry: Maritime

Bella Luna Yacht Peek Review

Pros

I do like having the capability of having an online booking calendar that my clients can book themselves.

Cons

All features do not work with all integrations. I need my Peek Calendar to sync with my Google Calendar. But, Peek will not integrate with Rental Bookings. The affiliate program (partner program) is WAY too basic. I need to be able to assign each affiliate their own unique affiliate code that they can promote along with graphic ad assets and more comprehensive reporting.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I was deceived by your sales rep, Garrett, who stated I would be charged a flat rate of $35 per booking and nothing more. By the time we started seeing bookings and the additional charges for everything, it was too late. I'm SUPER disappointed in this bait and switch tactic.

Coral

February 2022

Dishonest practices, poor organization, slow reply times, high turnover, frequent glitches- to avoid

I had been a client for about 5 years. In September 2021, a random representative started to text me on my personal cellphone saying I needed to speak to one of their account execs for an account review. I asked to please email these details and to not contact me on my personal line. They said they couldn't e-mail and that I must speak on the phone. They continued to text until I blocked them. I made a formal complaint as they didn't respect my boundaries and continued to call and text me at odd hours. Turned out they needed to speak because they were switching to a new version and my former price plan (less than 3%) was no longer valid. I said I'd be finding a different provider based on the odd way they went about informing me of these changes and refused to e-mail as requested. I wasn't interested in paying more, frankly the software overpromised & underdelivered. They offered me a 3% processing fee model in a bid to keep me as a client. I agreed to the offer. They had me sign a contract for 3% and promised I'd be upgraded to premium support as was one of my complaints (poor customer service, having to DIY fixes, lack of functions/excessive workarounds, etc). I later discovered Peek was taking an extra 3% from payouts not disclosed in the contract. I complained. A higher up rep acknowledged what the account exec had done, but wasn’t going to honor the contract. Then when I asked to honor, they decided to terminate my agreement instead of honoring the contact.

Pros

Anything good I could say about this software is offset by the fact the business is poorly organized. If they could honor agreements, improve communication, improve turnaround time to repair glitches, and actually have a robust system with a stable service team- it could merit a 6% ticketing fee model as it has a lot of potential, just a poorly organized company with questionable ethics.

Cons

I was promised a 3% pricing model, provided a contract then discovered charges later that were not disclosed in the contract they had me sign. When I complained and asked for this contract to be honored, they decided to terminate my account instead. So essentially- the biggest con is their customer service. The software itself is not too bad, no software is going to be perfect. However, the customer service practices and frequent turnover in staff even pre-2020 (i.e. inexperienced support team as they are constantly staffed by newcomers) make it irreconcilable. Lots of glitches anytime udates to software were made and slow response times for fixes, a lot of staff were unfamiliar with software so my account has a lot of unnecessary work-arounds (like for dynamic pricing)

Shelley

Worst experience onboarding, lousy communication

It was awful. The onboarding which was "supposed" to be seamless had me working with my old booking system at the same time, which is twice the work. The emails, confirmations and reminders were difficult to get used too. It was one of the main reasons for switching, to have better email and sms communication with my customers. A feature which is highly appealing is the sending of a picture with the followup email. That process never worked on pc or on apps which is a feature offered. I had multiple email and video meetings with peek pro asking them to complete tasks they had listed and were not completed. I was assured it would be done only to wait a week and then blast a frustrated email that it was not completed. The tech who was doing most of the onboarding was singularly focused and did not understand how the items I needed integrated together. The phone app was irritating, every time you changed the screen from portrait to landscape it would rebook. You had to use it in landscape mode to get the options but the screen was too short because of the top tool bar. Then you would have to turn the phone and lose the options! I cannot carry my pc/ laptop around with me when I need to make changes of find information for customers. If Peek Pro had been better at communicating. Had better tutorial tools to understand the system and just done more work and less talk about fixing my issues I would most likely still be using them. However, I just could not continue.

Pros

I liked the resource and calendar integration. The front end for the customer offered almost everything I wanted for my customers. The flow was intuitive on front end.

Cons

the functionality of the emails and communication with customers was difficult on backend. the backend functionality had too many steps to get to information looking for. Manifest was informative but screen versus print different. Plus any interaction with guest booking would throw you out to dashboard and you would have to go back to calendar and manifest again to continue with process. That is one example of many functions that where multiple steps to do simple tasks. Unable to schedule manual emails to clients, Unable to view sent emails, no outbox.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Their sales team did a great sell which I'm sorry to say had no follow through!! I was assured, even after reading reviews that they were not good on customer service. I was told their support team and techs were definitely on task to support the software. Sales and support apparently don't communicate any better than they do with customers.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I wanted more options for communicating with my customers, email and sms. I returned to Rezdy because the front end on Rezdy is very good and I have no issues with their customer service.

March 2022

Take a peek at Peek

Keeps me out of the the scheduling loop.

Pros

It's clear, straight forward and offered a solution for a single resource multiple tour operator

Cons

It doesn't make sense to me a non-technical user. However, customer service is excellent at listening to me and directing me to the information and answers I need.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Sales listened to my scheduling need and presented a solution. The others customer service were not as accessible.

Jim

More impressed every day

From the booking/scheduling side, this software has made running our business effortless.

Pros

The support team has been absolutely wonderful. Every time I have a question or want to change something they have been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Pricing, features and overall better feeling while talking to the representative during the product demonstration.

Mike

Lots of Bells and Whistles with lots of bugs and loose ends that leave you wanting more

Pros

It allows people to make reservations. It works well on most websites. You can embed it or link to their site. They have humans to answer the phone and relatively short hold times when doing so. Most of the Customer Service Agents are very polite and concerned about your issues. They are great at making you feel like they care about you.

Cons

They include taxes in the price of our tours and rentals. But, then include a section called "Taxes and Fees" but only include their fees. This makes us look like we are charging more than we advertise. When asked about this I was explained that it was easier for them this way. We can generate a special report if we want to see it subtracted. I don't think they see the point. They allow holiday rates, but those holiday rates cannot be increased by a dollar amount to match your policy. They can only increase by a percentage. This is just one of many feature requests we have been waiting to see. They spend more resources on talking to customers than they do fixing the issues customers face. We have called in for many things over the months and can always talk to a Customer Service Agents. And they are good at understanding your frustration and try hard to help relieve the situation. The issue is that they cannot actually fix your problems. At this point we have 2 actual bugs reported that are effecting our in-season sales. They are working on the problems at least but it's been over 2 weeks since I filed a serious report, and over 2 months since filing a less serious one. That one has presented itself again since filing it. Peek actually bought our previous rental software company and ditched their software which had features we relied on. Since then we have been doing our best to get by with lesser software. I hope we can find a better solution.

February 2022

Simplify your life by using Peek PRO to manage your business

Switching over to this feature-rich software platform was one of the best decisions that I could have made for upping the game with my charter operation. From tracking sales to creating trip manifests and being confident that all passengers are paid in full is a great feeling.

Pros

Peek Pro is very intuitive and has the added bonus of being easy to train your staff to use.

Cons

I do feel there could be a more efficient manner in which to handle situations wherein an event has to be cancelled due to poor weather or other uncontrollable circumstances. As currently configured, it is somewhat clumsy and there are problems keeping track of outstanding re-booking credits for those customers that were booked onto a trip that had to be cancelled.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

User-interface is superior to other produsts that were considered.

Marriah

February 2022

Great for my complex needs

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the functionality of peek pro. Before, I had to manually create new bookings and import all viator bookings myself. Now, customers can make their own reservations without back and forth over the phone or email, and viator bookings are automatically blocked out when my calendar is full for each activity. I do like that bookings that I manually create do not have the booking fee and only the payment processor fee which is cheaper than Square who I was previously using. Peek Pro has been the only software that I've been able to find that can support my business' booking needs which offers tours and uber-like transportation services.

Pros

Customer service is great for solving issues and answering questions during the initial consultations and onboarding process. They really helped me find workarounds from my complex activity types. The embedded widgets look great and clean on the website, makes it so much easier for my customers to automatically book themselves a tour. I love that it connects with Viator so I don't have to manually block out my availability on multiple platforms. Payouts are also relatively fast which is important to keep my business running.

Cons

The software is a little dated looking and is confusing to figure out where certain settings are located. The calendar view is a little clunky. Scheduling activities in the calendar is slightly weird, I feel like you should be able to add scheduling information within the activity settings, but you have to create the actual availability in a separate area. Customer support was incredibly responsive during the first few onboarding weeks, but has been much slower after getting set up. Also, I wish there were options for annual billing rather than the 6% booking free on top of the payment processor fee for automatic reservations.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Other softwares were unable to easily let me book 2 pickup times for a single reservation for roundtrip services

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I wanted to automate my scheduling for my tours and connect my calendar with viator

Rindy

Peek is great!

Overall it's been a success. Clients book, show up and are already paid for upon arrival.

Pros

I like that I can set it up and it runs it's self. It's easy for clients to use and the backend isn't too complicated.

Cons

I wish it had more elaborate features for creating promo codes. I feel it's still rudimentary.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Peek was less expensive and the backend was way easier to manage.

Fantastic customer service!

Overall an incredibly positive experience with Peek and we appreciate everything they did for us during shutdown.

Pros

Any time I ever have a question about Peek I call customer service and the team there immediately is invested in helping my business solve whatever problem we are having. For the money, it is an incredible booking service that I would recommend to all of my friends.

Cons

I am glad to hear about the new update because holding cards for customers is definitely something we have had issues with in the past. The current way is not very convenient or intuitive. Also, the difference in features between the web and mobile app is significant.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Fareharbor is currently courting our business pretty hard but I like Peek a lot so I don’t think we are going to switch.

Response from Peek Travel

James - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear our support team has been so attentive and willing to work with you to solve any of your issues. Please continue reaching out with any issue that may arise or question you have! Looking forward to working with you in the future and helping you provide the best experience possible for your guests!

Danny

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect for my small tour booking needs

Great booking flow for the customer. Easy to navigate back end.

Pros

Intuitive and powerful interface that is very customizable.

Cons

Was hit with a surprise $199 USD set up fee that was not mentioned in the original demo or follow up call when pricing was discussed. I understand the need for the fee but didn't appreciate how late in the process it was disclosed to me.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Very similar products and price points. Peeks interface slightly edged it out for me.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Ez Tix customer service and help went downhill. Haven't updated features in their software.

Rena

Peek PRO booking software = smooth sailing for our boat business!

Pros

Peek PRO software is so simple and easy to use, and it makes our booking process seamless. The software ties into our website so well, and our customers always comment on how easy it is to book a sail with us. We appreciate the real time booking, calendar updates, automated confirmation/reminder emails and all the support that goes along with using the Peek system. Their customer support team is awesome, and always help us out in a timely manner. We truly couldn’t be in business without Peek PRO!

Cons

There are a few bugs or software quirks that we find from time-to-time since we rely on this system 100%. However, with that said, whenever we have an issue, the amazing Peek Support team helps us resolve it, or find another way to execute something, within a timely manner.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

We chose Peek PRO based upon a similar business’ recommendation, and we are so glad we did!

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Rena, we're so glad this recommendation paid off and that you're finding Peek Pro useful for your business. We strive to offer the best platform for businesses like yours and continue to work on ways to provide the best booking system out there. Our customer support team is always available for any issue you may have so please keep contacting us if you ever have a question! Our features are designed with partners like you in mind so we're so glad to hear that you find them key to your operational needs. Please let us know if you ever have any questions in the future!

Nolan

Industry: Maritime

Excited for the companies future using Peek Pro!

Pros

I most enjoyed the modern booking style of Peek allowing customers to automatically book when and what they want.

Cons

Just a tad bit user unfriendly for cavemen like myself, however the product team was there to help every step of the way!

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

A business partner had great success and support with Peek.

Gary

Peek is everything we needed

Automating many regular tasks, including guest followup emails, waivers. As well as connecting directly to OTAs so they have our exact availability and no longer have to check multiple sites to update availability.

Pros

We really like the simplicity for setting up new products. And appreciate the software updates that continually improve the booking software.

Cons

Not optimized for Android tablets or cell phones.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

The tech service was what sold us and continues to solve any issues we may have.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Back end was very cumbersome to build new product and took extra time to train anyone new on the software. As well as there quarterly costs.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Gary - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how our Digital Waivers and OTA Integration helps make your business succeed. As you said, we are constantly looking for ways to update the software to provide the best experience for all our partners. We look forward to continuing working with you in the future!

Kevin

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Exactly what I was looking for in a booking system for a tour company.

Sales team was extremely helpful and honest, giving me an excellent overview of the capabilities of the software. They let me play with the software BEFORE the demo so I had time to figure things out and ask specific questions. Any time I had followup questions the onboarding/training support was lightning fast.

Pros

Easy to understand. Overall configurability. Excellent mobile app. Built in waivers. Built in reports. The ability to do point of sale. Full control of cancellations, refunds, emails, etc. Advanced pricing and availability rules. Potential to integrate with other marketing software. Ability to do manual bookings. The list goes on and on...

Cons

Sometimes things can be difficult to find. The placement of important/frequently used buttons needs to be re-thought out a bit. Sometimes when you delete things there are still references to it in other places, which then requires a bit of extra cleanup. It also would be helpful to have a small info button next to certain things that helps explain/teach the user.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

The right mix of functionality and simplicity to be able to quickly and easily support myself. They also waived certain fees due to my level of software experience, they knew they were not going to have to hold my hand.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Kevin! Thanks for the detailed review. Great to hear you're enjoying the long list of features and it's been easy to understand. Your suggestions are much appreciated as we are constantly working to improve. Keep reaching out to us as questions come up! We're here to help :)

Replied September 2019

Natasha

Good so far

So far everything has been easy, great support and we are getting all the bugs figured out.

Pros

Loved the setup help, love the simplicity, easy for customers and my staff

Cons

It would be great if there was an option for weekly series and multi day tours. Having to scroll through to find the activity vs. being able to search is annoying.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Ease of setup and low cost to get set up.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Zaui was too complex and hard to use for both customers and staff.

Karen

Glad I Choose Peek PRO

I use this software to book customers on walking tours and sell them add-ons. The customizable booking flow makes the add-ons less obtrusive than the software I used previously. Peek PRO also has more marketing capabilities like tracking abandoned shopping carts, key to converting lost customers into sales. So far my experience has been very positive. Support was always available to me during the onboarding period and now that I am past that, highly responsive.

Pros

Peek PRO is easier to use than the booking software I used previously - more intuitive about where things are and how to find them, easier to create promotions, configure options. The booking flow is fully customizable to offer the best possible experience for customers.

Cons

Because I was using something else for quite a long time, it's challenging sometimes to change the way I think to work with Peek PRO but I think that is more about learning the product than the product itself.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I like to do things myself, but sometimes find something I need support to do for me. But more and more, when I requested something from support, it took two or three attempts before it was done properly.

Milena

February 2022

Makes my daily job much easier

Pros

It's very easy to use and the compatibility with phone app is great. Waivers and cloning bookings are definitely features that I use a lot.

Cons

I wish clients were able to login so they have their information saved. The tips feature would work better for us if they were available when clients are booking online by themselves. It would be great if we were able to create customized automatic messages on the SMS feature, like we do on the emails.

Daniela

December 2021

Ease of use and good customer service

Overall, our experience has been great but would love to see more options to assist small operators market there tours and manage selling our tours on trip advisor. Also, would have liked an assigned account manager who could assist us in these needs.

Pros

I was looking for a modern, streamlined, easy to use reservations system and I found that with PeekPro.

Cons

I would have liked more international features since my company was located in Mexico receiving travelers from all over the world. So the option to toggle between languages was missing for me. You currently can only choose one language.

Hector

Pésimo servicio a cliente

La experiencia mientras todo funcionó fue muy buena. A raíz del COVID-19 Peek dejó de transferirme el dinero de mis ventas y ha retenido mi dinero por más de 4 meses. El personal de atención no resuelve nada y solamente dicen que lo van a revisar.

Pros

El software funciona bien, las reservas se hacen facilmente y todo lo técnico funciona.

Cons

Definitivamente la atención a partners es pésima; no resuelven los problemas y se comportan de manera muy sospechosa. Definitivamente no recomendaría este software por esa parte.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Estructura de comisiones y atención personalizada (anteriormente)

Dan

Outstanding software for rentals!

Spectacular! Once set up, it's almost too simple to use!

Pros

The sleek design looks spectacular on our site and is very easy for the customer to use.

Cons

It's a little tricky to set up mostly because there's an endless amount of features and options.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

We switched because we wanted something a bit more powerful and easier to use for the customer.

Response from Peek Travel

Thank you for writing this review, Dan! So happy to hear that you've had an outstanding experience with the software. You're right; it can certainly seem like there's an endless amount of features at your disposal, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need any support!

Replied September 2019

Logan

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great system for managing online reservations for tour companies!

Online reservations are critical to tour operators and PEEK provides a convenient hub for managing these online reservations, as well as integrating some other third party products (such as Groupon) to integrate into their booking system. Case in point: we are now able to have guests use their groupon vouchers to book through PEEK whereas before all of these had to be called in to our office personnel. This reduces the workload on the office and allows them to spend more time helping customers book who are unable/unfamiliar with online booking, as well as be more social and inviting to guests at check in since there are less calls and thus less immediate need to answer them. Additionally this form of booking reduces errors such as misheard voucher codes or dates. It is also very helpful in the management of availability for tours and controlling overall booking capacity and availability on the fly.

Pros

Ease of use is definitely the top feature. Our previous system was much less intuitive and required more work to do things like move reservations, charge guests (or refund them) or even just generally managing the available tours on a given day. Plus the layout is easy to understand and features visual distinctions (such as color) for different individual tours that help make them easily distinguishable and reduce confusion.

Cons

We have been told several times that guests did not receive confirmation emails. We are not sure why this occurs, and it does not occur consistently so we cannot reliably figure out WHY. We have the system set to automatically send emails so this can be somewhat annoying, but in these cases we can easily send new confirmations or just simply verbally confirm. Additionally, guests often report they have trouble downloading the peek app, but since by the time they arrive we already have their reservation this is not a critical problem. In any case, reservations seem to always be efficiently sent to OUR inbox so that even if a guest has not received theirs, we can easily find them.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I know that in the end, the owner chose this due to the combination of more reasonable costs and more intuitive user interface, plus the much more helpful nature of the support staff and their attentiveness.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Rising costs with previous system making profits less across the board, as well as a rather antiquated booking/availability system that was much more cumbersome to use. Additionally support personnel were FAR less readily available and generally less helpful.

Peek PRO Tour Operator Software