All Starboard Suite Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

It’s a good product

Nick

Reviewed May 2019

Multiple features and outstanding customer support.

PROS

Not only is the software user friendly and easily managed by our employees, but the SS customer support is outstanding. They have always been willing and able to answer and questions quickly and effectively.

CONS

Cons are slim to none as SS keeps releasing new updates and user-friendly features.

Nick, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you've been enjoying the platform and that our support team has been meeting (or exceeding) your expectations. We're looking forward to working with you for many years to come. Have a great summer season!

Replied May 2019

Stephanie

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Support

Excellent - ease of use and very helpful customer support

PROS

easy to use, excellent customer support (I'm learning the program)

CONS

Cons - I cannot think of any cons with this product

Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding our platform easy to use, and that our customer support has been so helpful :) Wishing you a wonderful summer season!

Replied May 2023

Beth

Reviewed December 2021

New User Review

Overall, i think this is a great software. For a new user, it is pretty self explanatory without a lot of training involved. However, I would like to know if there is an on line training that I could go through on my own.

PROS

The lay out is extremely user friendly and easy to read with multiple bookings and multiple excursions.

CONS

When i want to find a reservation the only way i know how is to go to reservations and search by guest name. sometimes i may not remember the guest name and the live manifest does not show me the bookings unless they are checke in.

changed jobs

Hi Beth, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be extremely user friendly! To search for a reservation: 1. If you know ANY of the guest's info (eg, name, confirmation number, phone, email, etc) you can use the Quick Search box at the top of the left sidebar on every page of your Control Panel. It's the box with the magnifying glass that says "Quick Search". 2. If you don't know any of the guest's information, from the calendar, click "view" below the event to get to the Event Detail screen. Your system is configured to only show "checked-in" guests on your Manifests, but that Event Detail screen will show ALL of the reservations for that event (processed, checked-in, canceled, waitlists, etc) broken out into separate lists. If you have other questions about that, you can reach our friendly support staff under Support->Contact Us in the left sidebar on every page.

Replied December 2021

Reviewed July 2018

A truly great system and provider!

PROS

A platform that is not complicated! A really nice and easy to use platform that allows us to manage our reservations very effectively and ensure that we protect ourselves from making an error. The system is very flexible and easy to make changes.

CONS

No real issues to report, the system has provided us with no issues and if we ever face any issues then the team have been great in helping to resolve this.

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our platform is working out so well for your business, and that our team has been helpful in answering any questions. Have a wonderful summer!

Replied July 2018

Samantha

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Starboard Review - Seabreeze Adventures Office Assistant

PROS

Bookings are organized well and easy to keep track of.

CONS

Sometimes it's unclear which information will save automatically and which need to be saved manually (e.g., notes)

Price

Maritime, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Easy to use -- it seems they have thought of everything!

The service has been great -- immediate answers to all my questions. The system is easy to use and I rely on it heavily to manage our reservations.

PROS

Customer support is A+. If I have any questions I can get a quick answer via live chat or a response the next day by email.

CONS

Onboard training -- is a bit like drinking from a firehose.

Reason for choosing Starboard Suite

The previous owners were using it and were happy with it.

Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that our customer support has been A+ and that you're finding the platform easy to use. We look forward to working with you for many years to come :)

Replied July 2023

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Starboard

With ten years of tourism experience, I wish I had this earlier in my career

PROS

That it keep saying a record of all edits. It's very useful to keep track

CONS

The notes would sometimes merge or text format wouldn't stay in the notes

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you're finding our software so useful.

Replied September 2018

Selena

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great!

Amazing!

PROS

Starboard Suite is very user friendly. I appreciate how quickly I can navigate. Simple, fast and efficient.

CONS

I have only been using Starboard Suite for a few weeks. I don’t have anything negative feedback at this point in time.

Hi Selena, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard to be user friendly and easy to navigate. Wishing you a great rest of your summer!

Replied August 2023

Christopher

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Starboard Suite makes my job easier

Pleasant

PROS

Clear, concise scheduling and reservations. User friendly, straightforward application.

CONS

Have to refresh page often, does not update in real time unless you refresh page.

Hi Christopher, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making your job easier with clear, concise scheduling and reservations and our user friendly, straightforward application :)

Replied October 2023

Maria

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

All in one place

Very good.

PROS

I like that all of the services and charges, such as retail at the gift shop and booking wedding charters for the cruises, is all in one place

CONS

The con compliments what I like about it. It has many options and drop ones and navigation buttons but this can also be overwhelming at times, especially as one is learning how to use it.

Garrett

Reviewed February 2021

Better than Fareharbor

Support is excellent and very responsive. I have only just finished setting up the system, so time will tell, but overall I'm impressed.

PROS

I left Fareharbor for SRBD for two reasons. The fee that charged per person is more reasonable and the ability to quote out charter dates with contracts. For the most part, it does everything else you need, and in some cases more.

CONS

The online widget isn't as customizable as I would like. The calendar is good and looks decent, but the user experience could be improved.

pricing and contracts

Hi Garrett, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that Starboard is generally meeting or exceeding your expectations, and that it's working out better than your previous system! If you'd like assistance configuring the online widget to better meet your needs, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Replied February 2021

Reviewed June 2017

Starboard has been the missing link to really unite our sales team, reservations agents and online

Cloud based can be accessed anywhere; week view allows you to see multiple options for a tour you want; combines private and public; easier access and integration with accounting; increased transparency and accountability for bookings both private and public; more modern website; pre- and post marketing opportunities...

PROS

It is incredibly intuitive. We are a seasonal operation, and have a large reservations team to train in a short amount of time. Starboard has cut down on training time. I also love the viewing options available - by week, by day, by resource, by event types, etc. The fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere. The support team is incredibly responsive to our endless questions/requests.

CONS

So far anything we had issues with, the support team has been able to walk us through solving it or adding something new. Not being able to copy and duplicate a private booking over multiple dates is the only thing left on our wish list.

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite so intuitive to use, and that we've been able to help you cut down on training time for your team. We wish you a great summer season, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Replied June 2017

Sam

Reviewed June 2020

Best System for Tourism

The training day was very helpful and the staff is pretty much always available to answer questions or help identify problems.

PROS

This is by far the easiest reservation system I’ve used to book reservations. Easy to view and sort the calendar and dashboard features, and the mobile app works surprisingly well in a pinch when I don’t have my laptop. Refunds and cancellations are smooth and easy.

CONS

It is a bit difficult to add employees to events, but it’s not really something that is a deal-breaker. Can be a bit slow at times, needs a good WiFi system.

Reason for choosing Starboard Suite

This system had many features that the old site didn’t have. Being able to easily update refunds and cancellations was very important to us, and Starboard was the only system that could offer that.

Hi Sam, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I recall that your team has used quite a few reservation systems over the years, so I'm thrilled to hear that Starboard is by far the easiest to use :) I also wanted to let you know that we're working on an updated interface for employee scheduling that should be available later this summer. We'll keep you posted. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Replied July 2020

Jay

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Game changer

Excellent overall experience. Customer service, outside concierge sales capabilities, web integration- it’s first class.

PROS

I have been in the eco- tourism business for 30+ years, using multiple reservation platforms. Starboard is hands down one of the best systems out there. The system is so naturally user friendly, training is hands on in a few minutes with staff.

CONS

More payment gateway options, maybe a visual tablet friendly seating diagram

Reason for choosing Starboard Suite

I compared a dozen or more systems, even starting my own.

superior product

Thanks for writing a review! We're thrilled that Starboard is working out well for you. FYI, we are working on a visual seating chart and as well as additional payment gateway integrations -- we'll keep you posted.

Replied January 2021

Elias

Reviewed June 2022

Very easy to use

PROS

My coworkers and I had a short tutorial on how to use starboard and we haven't had any issues since!

CONS

You have to remove items without saving them in order to interact with the schedule

Elias, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear you're finding Starboard Suite very easy to use after a short tutorial ... that's definitely our goal :) You mentioned having to "remove items without saving them in order to interact with the schedule"... I wanted to help clarify that when you have a reservation in your cart, the calendar goes into a "rescheduling mode", but: 1. It is completely safe to view the calendar while you have a reservation in your cart. 2. If you want to interact with the calendar while you have a reservation in your cart (ie, add a different reservation to your cart), you also have the option to save the reservation by clicking the "checkout" button. If you're not ready to collect payment at that time, you can click "leave with balance due", and collect the payment at a later time. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Replied June 2022

Reviewed January 2018

Just starting out with Starboard Suite but the overall experience has been excellent! Super helpful!

PROS

It just works! Customizable and super easy to use. Customers are confident they're dealing with a professional and reputable company on the other end of the internet cable, even if they have never spoken to us by phone or email.

CONS

So far so good...really very little in the way of issues. Starboard Suites has been able to solve anything that's come up and find a work-around if needed. They seem to be very on top of enhancements that would be beneficial to users and their customers.

Chris, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad to hear that you're having a great experience with Starboard Suite. Wishing you a great season!

Replied January 2018

Heather

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Sophisticated software that is user friendly.

I am impressed with the Starboard Suites Team and their ability to work with the nuances of our company and provide solutions to our specific needs. So far the software has helped our small business streamline reservations, organize our inventory, and open up the ability for multiple people to view our calendar at once. I'm really happy with the software.

PROS

The ability to access your calendar or reservation system from any page. Great features like editing multiple events at one time, or the simplicity of quickly making changes to one reservation. Any request to help personalize the software have been quickly addressed and created for our needs.

CONS

Features that we cannot edit ourselves like the Base Price (but that is a quick email request).

Heather, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that Starboard Suite is working out well for your business -- sophisticated AND user friendly are exactly what we're after :) We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come!

Replied December 2018

Greg

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2017

Our experience with Starboard has been wonderful, quick to process any requests.

PROS

Our business has various locations, including a large variety of shore excursions, tours on both land and water, as well as restaurant operations sold to both public and private groups. Starboard has provided us with an incredible ability to separate these bookings, and provide an extremely in depth method to track sales by locations and customer group. Starboard has customized our reporting and we have developed reports to allow us to utilize the contract function a great deal as well as implement built in accounts receivable tracking. Development and engineers working on our project provided quick results and delivered on time.

Hi Greg, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I know the team was hard at work on some of your custom contract and reporting needs, and it's great to know that everything is working out so well! We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Replied June 2017