What are Starboard Suite users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Starboard Suite software through verified user reviews

• icon"The customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to ensure that their clients are happy with the system."
  • icon"The ongoing introduction of features shows constant ingenuity, desire to be the best product on the market and an understanding of the product's role in a business."
  • icon"The software is easy to use - both for the customer and the client."
  • icon"Inability to see if people have opened mass emails (but they are working on it!)."
  • icon"My only complaint is that there are not enough short cuts which can lead to a longer booking process."
  • icon"I don't believe there is anything that I don't like. If something comes up, i'll report back."

Browse all Starboard Suite Reviews

• Have you used Starboard Suite and would like to share your experience with others?

Eshwaran

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

It’s a good product

Jason

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Starboard has been a blessing for work. It allows multiple people to see the same thing and make adjustments if needed, either at our kiosk or while out away from work. This is one of the easiest applications I have ever used. I highly recommend this to business owners.

Pros

I’m able to view and adjust multiple options while dealing with customers.

Cons

The only think I don’t like about Starboard is that it logs me out, but it’s not a con....it’s a security feature and it’s really beneficial.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that our software is working out so well for you. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and looking forward to helping with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you all the best, Charles

Replied September 2018

Todd

Private Day Charter Company Review of Starboard

Absolutely excellent, I have already recommended it to several other charterers I know that use FareHarbor as I believe it is a superior product.

Pros

There are a lot of features that will allow us to grow overtime without needing to find a new alternative. We are a large ticket price company, so the BIGGEST benefit of the software/company is the pricing structure not gouging my customers.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I have had an issue with in general, while im sure some may exist my overall experience has been positive.

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

Pricing structure more than anything, but the immense customization capabilities really sealed the deal.

Response from Starboard Suite

Todd, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our platform is working out well for you, and of course we very much appreciate the referrals :) Looking forward to assisting you with your reservations for many years to come. Have a great sailing season!

Replied October 2021

Ashley

Well worth the switch

It is always a difficult decision to switch to a new reservation system. It was no different for us but we knew when we chose Starboard, we'd made the right call. The staff have been incredibly helpful. Every time we come up with an idea that would make the reservation system better for us, they are willing to listen and try to create that functionality for us.

Pros

There are many great features but one of the things we found most valuable was the willingness to create functions that would work well for our business.

Cons

One thing I would really like to see is a way to check in parts of a group. Some people book as a group but don't arrive at the same time. It would be nice to check them in as they show up.

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

It looked like it would be the best fit for our needs

Reasons for switching to Starboard Suite

Rezdy couldn't keep up with all our needs and we're hard to get a hold of...

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have your team on board, and I'm really glad to hear that Starboard has worked out so well for you! Regarding check-ins, I wanted to make sure you know there's a Live Manifest for each event that you can use to keep track of the actual number of individuals from each group. We also recently added Today's Manifests that shows a full day of event manifests on a single screen. And, our Ticket Scanner app is connected to the manifests, so that could be an option for you to track individuals boarding as well. If you'd like more info on any of these options, please don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you all the best!

Replied July 2020

Elias

Very easy to use

Pros

My coworkers and I had a short tutorial on how to use starboard and we haven't had any issues since!

Cons

You have to remove items without saving them in order to interact with the schedule

Response from Starboard Suite

Elias, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear you're finding Starboard Suite very easy to use after a short tutorial ... that's definitely our goal :) You mentioned having to "remove items without saving them in order to interact with the schedule"... I wanted to help clarify that when you have a reservation in your cart, the calendar goes into a "rescheduling mode", but: 1. It is completely safe to view the calendar while you have a reservation in your cart. 2. If you want to interact with the calendar while you have a reservation in your cart (ie, add a different reservation to your cart), you also have the option to save the reservation by clicking the "checkout" button. If you're not ready to collect payment at that time, you can click "leave with balance due", and collect the payment at a later time. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

September 2016

Alright, but definitely could use updates

I have found that overall the product is too simple for online booking. It doesn't give enough options for controlling bookings and scheduling of employees.

Pros

It is easy to use

Cons

As I said before it is too basic

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Michael, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'd love to chat with you in more detail at your convenience. It sounds like there are some features that we could help you take better advantage of with a quick training session. I'll follow up directly to coordinate a time. Thanks again!

Replied September 2016

Ryan

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Absolutely outstanding software

See above

Pros

Incredibly easy to learn and well designed. It can take weeks to get the hang of most reservation software but this one took mere hours. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say at all!

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thanks for the kind words! I'm very glad to hear you're finding it so easy to learn your way around Starboard Suite :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Emily

Starboard platform

Pros

It’s easy to use and modify reviews without trouble. Easy access to everything you need

Cons

Sometimes editing reservations can get confusing because you have to quit every time you do one.

Response from Starboard Suite

Emily, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that Starboard makes it easy to access everything you need :)

Christina

Best Replacement Software Ever!!

We really hit the jackpot with Starboard, since being forced to give up an in house software program, it was really hard to find something with all the features that each of our departments needed. Starboard has really come through for us, the team worked with us to set up the system the way we needed it make sense for us. This system is almost comparable to what we had before just updated 20 times better. our company books tours for groups and all our clients are impressed with the professionalism of the contracts they now receive.

Pros

Ease of use, Functionality, easy to follow navigation, reporting

Cons

the ability to be able to email right from the program with our own email address instead of a standard starboard one.

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

The implementation team understood what we needed,listened to us, researched our company to see what we provided and gave us several options on how to best use the system to accomplish what we needed done.

Reasons for switching to Starboard Suite

They did not understand what we needed and just threw a product at us that was not working, it crashed almost everyday and there was never any instant support available.

Response from Starboard Suite

Christina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that we're the best replacement software ever -- 20x better than your previews system, that's great to hear!! FYI, you are able to email from our software using your own email address. If you need more info on how this works, just let us know. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Marnie

User friendly

User friendly.

Pros

I'm relatively new to using this software, but it has been very user friendly thus far! It has made my job less stressful trying to register lines of guests, in a timely fashion.

Cons

I'd rather not have to type in an entire billing address for credit card information.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Marnie, Thanks for writing a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software user friendly, and that we've been able to make your job less stressful :) I wanted to make sure you know that our software DOESN'T require you to enter the entire billing address for a credit card. For security, we do require the postal code, but not the entire address. If you have other questions about that, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Kieranna

A welcome addition to the online booking platform space!

Honestly the ease of guest check in has to be the biggest benefit. Overall the time saved and smoothness of our checking in process is purely down to the starboard system. Made office life so much easier!

Pros

The software is super user friendly, much easier than our previous software Rezdy. Modifying starboard to tweak it our personal needs was super easy. Customer service was 5 star! Loved how the sign in messages used maritime lingo-fun touch!

Cons

We definitely had minor issues here and there, but they always got resolved quickly!

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

Starboard stood out most, and due to great sales team and customer services it was an easy choice.

Reasons for switching to Starboard Suite

We just weren't fully satisfied with Rezdy, wasn't really suiting our needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Kieranna, Thanks for writing a review! We're so glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite much easier to use than Rezdy, and that our customer service has earned 5 stars :)) Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Darlenis

Starboard Review

I enjoy using the program. It makes my job a lot easier.

Pros

The program is very easy to use and follow.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about the software.

Response from Starboard Suite

Darlenis, Thanks for writing a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard easy to use, and that we're making your job easier too :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Replied July 2022

Henry

July 2022

Deckhands review of starboard

Pros

It is very useful in time management and informing me about the groups of people and what I need to complete tasks

Cons

Sometimes waviers wouldnt upload instantly

Response from Starboard Suite

Henry, Thanks for writing a review! Glad to hear that you found Starboard Suite very useful in helping you manage your time and complete your tasks! As you mentioned, sometimes waivers take a few seconds to process after they're signed. They through quite a few security and validation steps, so a few second delay isn't too bad all things considered, but we're continuing to work on speeding that up even more :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Replied July 2022

Melissa

June 2022

Opinion on my use of this software.

Pros

I'm afraid I might be too new to discuss the product in an interesting manner. But I'll sure update my opinion with time.

Cons

For now, I have no complaints whatsoever.

Celestina

Industry: Environmental Services

A Growing Product

Overall I find it a great system and I love how helpful rep is! When we have any questions someone always seems available to help out which is very helpful!

Pros

This was my first year working with Wild Whales Vancouver and when I began we were operating with a different reservation system. I didn't realize how much simpler things could be until we had Starboard up and running. Taking reservations and checking people in became a much more straightforward and expedited process. There were a number of things that our company needed from a reservation that starboard did not necessarily offer at the time that we were switching over, however they were very responsive and quick to acknowledge our requests and worked with us so we were able to customize the system to our needs. They are constantly developing the program, and every once in a while they will add a new feature that we didn't even know we wanted!

Cons

I used this program almost daily throughout most of the summer and what I had the most issues with was "the cart". I found that the scheduling mistakes that I make are usually due to a busy office environment and trying to move from one reservation to another and mistakenly editing the wrong reservation due to the cart. I see it's benefit in some situations, however, personally I would probably have liked to just start over with the reservation and only be able to edit it directly under the modify option. I ran into too many issues with the cart and never really used it purposefully. The one other thing that I would suggest is to have more information about the booking on the CC payment page. I would sometimes have to go back a couple pages just to make sure I had all the information correct (Name, number of customers, the classification of the customer) before I made the charge to the card. If this information was off to the side, maybe as a kind of receipt, that you could see as you were charging the card that would be helpful! The one thing missing for us is a "standby" option where people can input their information online and will get notified if space becomes free, and can accept the free space if they would like.

Manager's choice.

Response from Starboard Suite

Celestina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making your job so much easier and that our check-in process is much more straightforward and expedited compared to Rezdy. FYI, if you want to completely start over on a reservation, you always have the option to remove the reservation from your cart. FYI #2, we're actively working on a "wait list" feature and expect to have it in place before you start back up in the spring :) Have a wonderful winter season! Charles

Hilary

Industry: Maritime

Grateful to Starboard Suite for streamlining our operations!

We researched 7 other reservation platforms prior to committing to Starboard Suite. Not only did we like their pitch the best (because of their amazing customer service, ease of use, and customizability) - but as a HUGE added bonus they were also the cheapest option out of all of the alternatives. If you're not willing to charge your customer a service fee and want to absorb the cost of using a booking platform into your business costs, it can add up quite quickly as many of the similar services charge a large percentage fee.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to ensure that their clients are happy with the system. They are quick to respond if you have questions, and they're willing to adjust the platform's features at your request (within reason). This has made all the difference to us, as we feel like the system can be customized to our needs. Understandably, every company will have different operating methods and will use the system in their own way, but having the ability to request features and see them implemented has made a world of difference to streamlining our day-to-day tasks and operations - and we're so grateful for that! You can tell that the staff work really hard and care about their client's satisfaction. Another thing we absolutely love about them is the affordability for using the service.

Cons

If I had to give some small critiques - not 100% of everything is as customizable as I had hoped prior to signing on, and it's not quite as 'pretty' as I'd like it to be. We just went through a rebrand and I would have loved to have made everything align with our new aesthetic. I also find the calendar to be rather bulky, and find myself missing our simpler calendar from our previous reservation platform. Having said that, about 95% of their service IS customizable. And, regardless of whether or not they're able to accommodate a request, the support staff will listen to your needs and do absolutely everything in their power to find a solution for you. They frequently create new features to fit our needs based on our requests, and if one of our requests isn't possible they will take the time and put in the effort to explain why it won't work to your favour rather than just saying 'no.' They go above and beyond regularly.

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

In addition to their exceptional and attentive customer service - we really thought that they were the cheapest and most customizable platform - meaning they frequently adapt their platform (by adding new features) to fit our business' individual needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hilary, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that we've had such a positive impact on your business, and that our customer service has been excellent :) As you've noticed, we love to help our clients with anything we can -- we can't always move mountains (right away), but we'll give it a try if that's what you need :) Most of all, we're glad that of the 7 reservation systems you considered, you chose Starboard Suite! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we look forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Molly

FEEDBACK on Starboard Software

We are a tight running internet operation and it is important for the public to see us that way. We do not have a ticket office so our internet presence and success are extremely important to us. STARBOARD helps us deliver solid, immediate customer service. We project a realtime operation that is appreciated when we meet our customers on the boat!

Pros

GREAT information for CUSTOMERS. It is complete and thorough information and it makes our operation look professional. The information in the Boarding Pass is complete and informative..I have few questions from customers after they have received the printout from their ticketing transaction. It is set up like a click through shopping site and this works for me and our customers.

Cons

I wish this was more intuitive as a user. I run into (too easily) the complication of an INCOMPLETE cancellation. I have a hard time finding details on a private charter that has been booked (payment history) ADDING another charge to the charter booking (music, additional time booked for the trip...)maybe this could be customized for our particular business...I would LOVE a live tutorial on this so I could work through mistakes and understandings as I create them..solve the problem/misunderstanding on the spot.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Molly, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that things are working out so well for your customers! We'd be more than happy to provide an additional training session. It looks like your business was previously managed by an outside management company, so we provided them with training previously. Please reach out to our support team and we can schedule a training session at your convenience. We want to make sure you feel 100% confident with everything you'll need to do now that you're running things yourself. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help. Wishing you all the best, Charles

Replied September 2018

Randy

Outstanding reservation system

Pros

My company has used Starboard Suite for several years and would highly recommend their reservation system. Our reservation system is customized, user friendly and relative to our industry. They have developed an app that we used on both IOS and Android platforms. The customer service is without a doubt outstanding. I would highly recommend Starboard Suite reservation software.

Cons

I can not report anything negative about Starboard because they have met all of my needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Randy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you've been so pleased with out platform and service, and would highly recommend it to others. Wishing you a great summer season!

Replied May 2019

Joan

It keeps getting better.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both for the customer and the client. And it gets easier. The Starboard team is very responsive to customer needs and anticipates "what's next". The ongoing introduction of features shows constant ingenuity, desire to be the best product on the market and an understanding of the product's role in a business. Fees to Starboard Suite are reinvested in improving the product and your own ROI. Totally worth it.

Cons

Every time I have an issue with the software, I mention it to the team. Either they teach me something, show me an alternate way, or put it on their list of improvements. Eventually anything I don't like, goes away!

Reasons for choosing Starboard Suite

There were a number of great features that interested me, but the biggest one what the flat, per ticket fee as opposed to a percentage. It make it a more reasonable price for us.

Reasons for switching to Starboard Suite

The old product was going off the market so I researched an number of software packages and this was the one that made the most sense for my business.

Response from Starboard Suite

Joan, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on-board, and it's great to hear that we're getting it right with our new features and our customer support. Looking forward to working with you for many years to come, Charles

Replied June 2020

Beth

December 2021

New User Review

Overall, i think this is a great software. For a new user, it is pretty self explanatory without a lot of training involved. However, I would like to know if there is an on line training that I could go through on my own.

Pros

The lay out is extremely user friendly and easy to read with multiple bookings and multiple excursions.

Cons

When i want to find a reservation the only way i know how is to go to reservations and search by guest name. sometimes i may not remember the guest name and the live manifest does not show me the bookings unless they are checke in.

changed jobs

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Beth, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be extremely user friendly! To search for a reservation: 1. If you know ANY of the guest's info (eg, name, confirmation number, phone, email, etc) you can use the Quick Search box at the top of the left sidebar on every page of your Control Panel. It's the box with the magnifying glass that says "Quick Search". 2. If you don't know any of the guest's information, from the calendar, click "view" below the event to get to the Event Detail screen. Your system is configured to only show "checked-in" guests on your Manifests, but that Event Detail screen will show ALL of the reservations for that event (processed, checked-in, canceled, waitlists, etc) broken out into separate lists. If you have other questions about that, you can reach our friendly support staff under Support->Contact Us in the left sidebar on every page.

Replied December 2021

Brad

Starboard Suite has surpassed my expectations on all levels!! Especially the Customer Service! A++

Pros

I like the intuitive Control Panel. It didn't take long for me to really dive into the settings and with some excellent customer service and the help of the Starboard Team, I felt really comfortable using Starboard Suite to its full potential. The Starboard Team does an excellent job setting up the software so its turn key ready for use. The communication and promptness of their staff is by far the best of any company I have dealt with these last few months. (and I've dealt with way to many lately it seems). I also really like how clean the customer Interface is. It's very well organized and simple enough for Grandma and Grandpa to use with their new Smart Phone... There are plenty of other features that I enjoy the software... There are really too many to list... Don't hesitate if your shopping around for a reservation software... Do your self a favor and check out Starboard Suite and you won't have to waste your time with the Competitors.

Cons

Zero Cons... any of the minor issues I've had have been quickly addressed and most of the time, it was just my own misunderstanding of how the software works or responds. A little bit of coaching from the staff and the issue what ever it may have been becoming non-existent!!

Response from Starboard Suite

Brad, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you aboard, and glad to hear that our product and service have exceeded your expectations on all levels! Wishing you a great summer season!

Replied May 2018

Sue

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Fantastic for any rental or tickets sales business!

We think nothing but great things of crew at D3 Solutions. Our company is by no means the biggest company they service but every interaction we've had with them, they treat us as if we were. Everything you want in a business partner you plan to spend many years with.

Pros

D3 Solutions has made our transition from FareHarbor seamless and care free. Their thorough support has made creating our perfect reservation platform a dream come true. The system is easy to operate and with our staff of crew ages 15-70 was easy to train and understand. Their patience with our crew as they transitioned to Starboard Suite from our previous provider was unmatched and the continued support is exceptional and comforting. I love to tell my fellow business owners about this amazing company!

Cons

At first it was a stretch to do exactly what we needed as boat rental company business with a very specific need but they were able to meet our expectations and exceed them.

Tony

Incredible Customer Support

The team at Starboard Suite does a phenomenal job responding to inquiries and making schedule adjustments for us and does so extremely quickly. This is great for us when we want to make pricing changes, add new locations, or offer specials. The software is easy to use and the functionality is great for our customers. We shopped around quite a bit and not only was Starboard Suite an incredible deal, they were also the easiest to communicate with and had by far the best customer service. If you are shopping for a scheduling software to use, look no further. These guys are the best!

Pros

Ease of use. A lot of features.

Cons

I would like to be able to make mass changes to mass event adds that I had done in the past.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Tony, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that things are working out so well with our product and our service!! ---- In terms of mass changes, we wanted to make sure you know that you can already: - Make global changes to any of your price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc. - Add new price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc in your Control Panel any time. - Modify any of these properties on individual events any time. - Add a series of events with any price levels, days, locations, etc. We've been cautious about allowing mass modifications to individual events, since it's inherently easy to get into trouble with these types of one-click operations. We do expect to open this up to individual customers in the coming year. We'll add you to our list and let you when this becomes available. We're always glad to make mass modifications for you as well!

Replied December 2016

Garrett

Better than Fareharbor

Support is excellent and very responsive. I have only just finished setting up the system, so time will tell, but overall I'm impressed.

Pros

I left Fareharbor for SRBD for two reasons. The fee that charged per person is more reasonable and the ability to quote out charter dates with contracts. For the most part, it does everything else you need, and in some cases more.

Cons

The online widget isn't as customizable as I would like. The calendar is good and looks decent, but the user experience could be improved.

pricing and contracts

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Garrett, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that Starboard is generally meeting or exceeding your expectations, and that it's working out better than your previous system! If you'd like assistance configuring the online widget to better meet your needs, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Replied February 2021

Luke

Great customer service

Great customer service.

Pros

I liked best being able to reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] et al. frequently and have them get back to me fast. And not only fast but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team was very willing to implement new things particular to my business that helped me out.

Cons

I would like the interface to be a little less cluttered. Maybe there's a way for me to make it look nicer to customers but with the two boats currently we charter having the double schedules can be a little much for the customer.

Response from Starboard Suite

Thanks for writing a review! We're thrilled that Starboard is working out so well for you. If you'd prefer to separate your 2 boats into separate calendars that's definitely doable -- feel free to reach out to our support team if you'd like some assistance with that.

Replied January 2021