• Pros

• "This software looks nice and new so it is very aesthetically pleasing. It's a good program for finding out how people have heard about our company. "

• "It is user friendly, and I like that it tracks all movements. I also appreciate the installation of the workstations, that was absolutely necessary for our operation!"

• "I love how it is now colour coated so all of our tours look differently and it is easier to tell what you are looking at. "

• Cons

• "It is a bit difficult to add employees to events, but it’s not really something that is a deal-breaker. Can be a bit slow at times, needs a good WiFi system. "

• "Fairly expensive. It is a great software, but the per person charge takes a fair amount off of our bottom line."

• "No cons other then our own with learning the system in the middle of our busy season, but once everything clicked it was worth it. "

Browse Starboard Suite Reviews

Nick from Watermark Journey

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Multiple features and outstanding customer support.

Pros

Not only is the software user friendly and easily managed by our employees, but the SS customer support is outstanding. They have always been willing and able to answer and questions quickly and effectively.

Cons

Cons are slim to none as SS keeps releasing new updates and user-friendly features.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2019

Nick, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you've been enjoying the platform and that our support team has been meeting (or exceeding) your expectations. We're looking forward to working with you for many years to come. Have a great summer season!

Hilary from Wild Whales Vancouver

Industry: Maritime

Grateful to Starboard Suite for streamlining our operations!

We researched 7 other reservation platforms prior to committing to Starboard Suite. Not only did we like their pitch the best (because of their amazing customer service, ease of use, and customizability) - but as a HUGE added bonus they were also the cheapest option out of all of the alternatives. If you're not willing to charge your customer a service fee and want to absorb the cost of using a booking platform into your business costs, it can add up quite quickly as many of the similar services charge a large percentage fee.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to ensure that their clients are happy with the system. They are quick to respond if you have questions, and they're willing to adjust the platform's features at your request (within reason). This has made all the difference to us, as we feel like the system can be customized to our needs. Understandably, every company will have different operating methods and will use the system in their own way, but having the ability to request features and see them implemented has made a world of difference to streamlining our day-to-day tasks and operations - and we're so grateful for that! You can tell that the staff work really hard and care about their client's satisfaction. Another thing we absolutely love about them is the affordability for using the service.

Cons

If I had to give some small critiques - not 100% of everything is as customizable as I had hoped prior to signing on, and it's not quite as 'pretty' as I'd like it to be. We just went through a rebrand and I would have loved to have made everything align with our new aesthetic. I also find the calendar to be rather bulky, and find myself missing our simpler calendar from our previous reservation platform. Having said that, about 95% of their service IS customizable. And, regardless of whether or not they're able to accommodate a request, the support staff will listen to your needs and do absolutely everything in their power to find a solution for you. They frequently create new features to fit our needs based on our requests, and if one of our requests isn't possible they will take the time and put in the effort to explain why it won't work to your favour rather than just saying 'no.' They go above and beyond regularly.

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

In addition to their exceptional and attentive customer service - we really thought that they were the cheapest and most customizable platform - meaning they frequently adapt their platform (by adding new features) to fit our business' individual needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Hilary, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that we've had such a positive impact on your business, and that our customer service has been excellent :) As you've noticed, we love to help our clients with anything we can -- we can't always move mountains (right away), but we'll give it a try if that's what you need :) Most of all, we're glad that of the 7 reservation systems you considered, you chose Starboard Suite! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we look forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Joan from Prairie River Cruises

It keeps getting better.

Pros

The software is easy to use - both for the customer and the client. And it gets easier. The Starboard team is very responsive to customer needs and anticipates "what's next". The ongoing introduction of features shows constant ingenuity, desire to be the best product on the market and an understanding of the product's role in a business. Fees to Starboard Suite are reinvested in improving the product and your own ROI. Totally worth it.

Cons

Every time I have an issue with the software, I mention it to the team. Either they teach me something, show me an alternate way, or put it on their list of improvements. Eventually anything I don't like, goes away!

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

There were a number of great features that interested me, but the biggest one what the flat, per ticket fee as opposed to a percentage. It make it a more reasonable price for us.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2020

Joan, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on-board, and it's great to hear that we're getting it right with our new features and our customer support. Looking forward to working with you for many years to come, Charles

September 2016

Michael from Adventure RIB Rides

September 2016

Alright, but definitely could use updates

I have found that overall the product is too simple for online booking. It doesn't give enough options for controlling bookings and scheduling of employees.

Pros

It is easy to use

Cons

As I said before it is too basic

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied September 2016

Hi Michael, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'd love to chat with you in more detail at your convenience. It sounds like there are some features that we could help you take better advantage of with a quick training session. I'll follow up directly to coordinate a time. Thanks again!

Christina from Magnolia Plantation and Gardens

Best Replacement Software Ever!!

We really hit the jackpot with Starboard, since being forced to give up an in house software program, it was really hard to find something with all the features that each of our departments needed. Starboard has really come through for us, the team worked with us to set up the system the way we needed it make sense for us. This system is almost comparable to what we had before just updated 20 times better. our company books tours for groups and all our clients are impressed with the professionalism of the contracts they now receive.

Pros

Ease of use, Functionality, easy to follow navigation, reporting

Cons

the ability to be able to email right from the program with our own email address instead of a standard starboard one.

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

The implementation team understood what we needed,listened to us, researched our company to see what we provided and gave us several options on how to best use the system to accomplish what we needed done.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Christina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that we're the best replacement software ever -- 20x better than your previews system, that's great to hear!! FYI, you are able to email from our software using your own email address. If you need more info on how this works, just let us know. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Kieranna from Wild Whales Vancouver

A welcome addition to the online booking platform space!

Honestly the ease of guest check in has to be the biggest benefit. Overall the time saved and smoothness of our checking in process is purely down to the starboard system. Made office life so much easier!

Pros

The software is super user friendly, much easier than our previous software Rezdy. Modifying starboard to tweak it our personal needs was super easy. Customer service was 5 star! Loved how the sign in messages used maritime lingo-fun touch!

Cons

We definitely had minor issues here and there, but they always got resolved quickly!

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

Starboard stood out most, and due to great sales team and customer services it was an easy choice.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Kieranna, Thanks for writing a review! We're so glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite much easier to use than Rezdy, and that our customer service has earned 5 stars :)) Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Brett from MyRide LLC

Great reservation platform to guarantee you don't overbook.

Hands down a great experience and outstanding platform capabilities.

Pros

Set's us apart from competition because we can make sure we don't oversell capacity on our vehicles. Platform is very user friendly and when we need customization the tech team quickly works with us to accommodate.

Cons

Not yet a feature to "add to basket" to purchase multiple ticket items in one transaction.

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

Only way to make sure we did not oversell tickets and have customers stuck without a seat.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2019

Brett, Thanks so much for writing a review! Glad to hear that Starboard is bringing so much value to your business. Wishing you a great summer season!

Celestina from Wild Whales Vancouver

A Growing Product

Overall I find it a great system and I love how helpful rep is! When we have any questions someone always seems available to help out which is very helpful!

Pros

This was my first year working with Wild Whales Vancouver and when I began we were operating with a different reservation system. I didn't realize how much simpler things could be until we had Starboard up and running. Taking reservations and checking people in became a much more straightforward and expedited process. There were a number of things that our company needed from a reservation that starboard did not necessarily offer at the time that we were switching over, however they were very responsive and quick to acknowledge our requests and worked with us so we were able to customize the system to our needs. They are constantly developing the program, and every once in a while they will add a new feature that we didn't even know we wanted!

Cons

I used this program almost daily throughout most of the summer and what I had the most issues with was "the cart". I found that the scheduling mistakes that I make are usually due to a busy office environment and trying to move from one reservation to another and mistakenly editing the wrong reservation due to the cart. I see it's benefit in some situations, however, personally I would probably have liked to just start over with the reservation and only be able to edit it directly under the modify option. I ran into too many issues with the cart and never really used it purposefully. The one other thing that I would suggest is to have more information about the booking on the CC payment page. I would sometimes have to go back a couple pages just to make sure I had all the information correct (Name, number of customers, the classification of the customer) before I made the charge to the card. If this information was off to the side, maybe as a kind of receipt, that you could see as you were charging the card that would be helpful! The one thing missing for us is a "standby" option where people can input their information online and will get notified if space becomes free, and can accept the free space if they would like.

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Celestina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making your job so much easier and that our check-in process is much more straightforward and expedited compared to Rezdy. FYI, if you want to completely start over on a reservation, you always have the option to remove the reservation from your cart. FYI #2, we're actively working on a "wait list" feature and expect to have it in place before you start back up in the spring :) Have a wonderful winter season! Charles

Maria from Wild Whales Vancouver

Great things can be done by simple ways

Pros

Starboard is a great tool to organize and facilitate costumer service. This platform is very intuitive and easy to use, everything we need we can find pretty fast. Thus, when we have costumers on the phone or in the store it doesn't take long to make a reservation, payment, changes, and anything we need to complete our bookings and check-in. In addition, Starboard made my first shifts at work way more comfortable as I learnt how to use the platform couple minutes after using it. Yet, there is also something new to learn, as it updates and improves when it needs! Starboard makes life easier for everyone, no matter age and work.

Cons

There is only one little thing that I had a not so positive experience. My first time using it, I was changing a reservation and then after the necessary changes I thought I was back on the platform, but I was still on the "change reservation mode". I almost messed it all up, when booking other costumers, as I was still in a costumer's reservation.

Daniel from Wild Whales Vancouver

Simplified booking

Starboard Suite reservation system has been a massive upgrade from our previous one. New employees can pick it up in next to no time and making any type of change to a reservation is simple and fast.

Pros

The colouration scheme makes finding, modifying and cancelling any reservation very easy. It's a huge improvement from the software we were using before.

Cons

I did not have any complaints in navigating the software however sometimes the program was a bit slow to load when it was first activated.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to be able to work with your team, and we wish you all the best. Have a wonderful winter season! Charles

Molly from Sip n' Sail Cruises

FEEDBACK on Starboard Software

We are a tight running internet operation and it is important for the public to see us that way. We do not have a ticket office so our internet presence and success are extremely important to us. STARBOARD helps us deliver solid, immediate customer service. We project a realtime operation that is appreciated when we meet our customers on the boat!

Pros

GREAT information for CUSTOMERS. It is complete and thorough information and it makes our operation look professional. The information in the Boarding Pass is complete and informative..I have few questions from customers after they have received the printout from their ticketing transaction. It is set up like a click through shopping site and this works for me and our customers.

Cons

I wish this was more intuitive as a user. I run into (too easily) the complication of an INCOMPLETE cancellation. I have a hard time finding details on a private charter that has been booked (payment history) ADDING another charge to the charter booking (music, additional time booked for the trip...)maybe this could be customized for our particular business...I would LOVE a live tutorial on this so I could work through mistakes and understandings as I create them..solve the problem/misunderstanding on the spot.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied September 2018

Hi Molly, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that things are working out so well for your customers! We'd be more than happy to provide an additional training session. It looks like your business was previously managed by an outside management company, so we provided them with training previously. Please reach out to our support team and we can schedule a training session at your convenience. We want to make sure you feel 100% confident with everything you'll need to do now that you're running things yourself. Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help. Wishing you all the best, Charles

Randy from Lagerhead Cycleboats

Outstanding reservation system

Pros

My company has used Starboard Suite for several years and would highly recommend their reservation system. Our reservation system is customized, user friendly and relative to our industry. They have developed an app that we used on both IOS and Android platforms. The customer service is without a doubt outstanding. I would highly recommend Starboard Suite reservation software.

Cons

I can not report anything negative about Starboard because they have met all of my needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2019

Randy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you've been so pleased with out platform and service, and would highly recommend it to others. Wishing you a great summer season!

Brad from Pacific Parasail

Starboard Suite has surpassed my expectations on all levels!! Especially the Customer Service! A++

Pros

I like the intuitive Control Panel. It didn't take long for me to really dive into the settings and with some excellent customer service and the help of the Starboard Team, I felt really comfortable using Starboard Suite to its full potential. The Starboard Team does an excellent job setting up the software so its turn key ready for use. The communication and promptness of their staff is by far the best of any company I have dealt with these last few months. (and I've dealt with way to many lately it seems). I also really like how clean the customer Interface is. It's very well organized and simple enough for Grandma and Grandpa to use with their new Smart Phone... There are plenty of other features that I enjoy the software... There are really too many to list... Don't hesitate if your shopping around for a reservation software... Do your self a favor and check out Starboard Suite and you won't have to waste your time with the Competitors.

Cons

Zero Cons... any of the minor issues I've had have been quickly addressed and most of the time, it was just my own misunderstanding of how the software works or responds. A little bit of coaching from the staff and the issue what ever it may have been becoming non-existent!!

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2018

Brad, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you aboard, and glad to hear that our product and service have exceeded your expectations on all levels! Wishing you a great summer season!

Sue from DoorCountyBoats.com

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Fantastic for any rental or tickets sales business!

We think nothing but great things of crew at D3 Solutions. Our company is by no means the biggest company they service but every interaction we've had with them, they treat us as if we were. Everything you want in a business partner you plan to spend many years with.

Pros

D3 Solutions has made our transition from FareHarbor seamless and care free. Their thorough support has made creating our perfect reservation platform a dream come true. The system is easy to operate and with our staff of crew ages 15-70 was easy to train and understand. Their patience with our crew as they transitioned to Starboard Suite from our previous provider was unmatched and the continued support is exceptional and comforting. I love to tell my fellow business owners about this amazing company!

Cons

At first it was a stretch to do exactly what we needed as boat rental company business with a very specific need but they were able to meet our expectations and exceed them.

Tony from Kraken CycleBoats

Incredible Customer Support

The team at Starboard Suite does a phenomenal job responding to inquiries and making schedule adjustments for us and does so extremely quickly. This is great for us when we want to make pricing changes, add new locations, or offer specials. The software is easy to use and the functionality is great for our customers. We shopped around quite a bit and not only was Starboard Suite an incredible deal, they were also the easiest to communicate with and had by far the best customer service. If you are shopping for a scheduling software to use, look no further. These guys are the best!

Pros

Ease of use. A lot of features.

Cons

I would like to be able to make mass changes to mass event adds that I had done in the past.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied December 2016

Hi Tony, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that things are working out so well with our product and our service!! ---- In terms of mass changes, we wanted to make sure you know that you can already: - Make global changes to any of your price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc. - Add new price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc in your Control Panel any time. - Modify any of these properties on individual events any time. - Add a series of events with any price levels, days, locations, etc. We've been cautious about allowing mass modifications to individual events, since it's inherently easy to get into trouble with these types of one-click operations. We do expect to open this up to individual customers in the coming year. We'll add you to our list and let you when this becomes available. We're always glad to make mass modifications for you as well!

Sarah from Murphy's the Cable Wharf

Starboard has been the missing link to really unite our sales team, reservations agents and online

Cloud based can be accessed anywhere; week view allows you to see multiple options for a tour you want; combines private and public; easier access and integration with accounting; increased transparency and accountability for bookings both private and public; more modern website; pre- and post marketing opportunities...

Pros

It is incredibly intuitive. We are a seasonal operation, and have a large reservations team to train in a short amount of time. Starboard has cut down on training time. I also love the viewing options available - by week, by day, by resource, by event types, etc. The fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere. The support team is incredibly responsive to our endless questions/requests.

Cons

So far anything we had issues with, the support team has been able to walk us through solving it or adding something new. Not being able to copy and duplicate a private booking over multiple dates is the only thing left on our wish list.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2017

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're happy to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite so intuitive to use, and that we've been able to help you cut down on training time for your team. We wish you a great summer season, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Barbara from River Lady Cruises

I love Starboard! It's easy to use, and they are quick to respond to every issue that comes up.

Pros

They have the ability to customize the software to fit our specific needs. Whenever I have had a question or problem, they have quickly answered and resolved any issues that I have had.

Cons

I would really like it if you could see what month it is even when you're not at the top of the month.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2018

Barbara, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that you love using Starboard Suite, and glad to hear that our support team has been so quick to respond. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Jenny from Pure Florida

Starboard is a great system and easy to learn!

The main benefit would be people not overbooking the boats which is a great relief . Starboard Suites is very organized and it is easy to find customer information when needed.

Pros

Starboard is very user friendly. Its easy for people to learn even if they aren't great with technology. Navigation through the site along with changing trips and such is uncomplicated and in our busy environment you need that. Whenever we have needed help or to change something it gets done right away there's no hour plus wait on the phone. All in all I would definitely recommend it to any company.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2017

Jenny, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be so user friendly. We think our job is to make software that makes your job easier. It's great to hear when we're getting it right :) Thanks again!

Alexander from Oahu Photography Tours

Get for small business

I was with SS for 3 years and they worked great. I wish they had more features but that's what makes their cost so so cheap compared to others.

Pros

Very easy, cheap, and great communication

Cons

up to date features and connections with affiliates

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied January 2017

Hi Alex, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We've been very busy cranking out new features this year, including integrations with Square, Smart Waiver, Mail Chimp and Constant Contact. And, we've got lots more in the pipeline for this year. We'd love to welcome you back when you're ready :)

Morgan from Murphys the cable wharf

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy to use and very helpful

It helps organize and give a quick overview of the tours that are happening throughout the year at the company I work for.

Pros

Cons

I dislike how you cannot see the price of tours without going through the booking of a tour. I honestly cannot think of many things that I dislike regarding the software.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2018

Hi Morgan, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying using Starboard Suite, and that it's hard to think of anything you don't like :) Wishing you a great summer!

DeDe from Chute 'Em Up, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

We used another software system that was not compatible to what we needed & Starboard is great!

Keeping track of daily flights and reservations, being able to see immediately if we are going to have a good or bad week.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. The clarity and script is great and eliminates any overstraining of eyes. The different tabs are self explanatory and covers the Q & A needed to operate the system.

Cons

I really don't have a con maybe the fees but they really are not that bad. Sometimes when there is a refund issued the info has been cancelled but not really an issue.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied August 2017

Hi DeDe, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you're finding the system easy to use and navigate. FYI, if you need to access historical information about a reservation after it's been cancelled, it's all available under the "history" tab. Have a great summer!

Ashley from Murphy's the Cable Wharf

As a reservation agent for my company, I have found it fairly user friendly!

Pros

Being able to specify which resource, tour, or location is great. It really helps narrow things down to a more manageable view and moves the process along very quickly.

Cons

I wish it were colour coded. Our company has hundreds of tours a week, and being able to pick a tour out more quickly would be great. I know the specification tools are useful, but even then we've narrowed from 400 tours to 80-100. Having those broken down and a little more visually defined would be amazing. As well, jumping forward to dates can be very tricky. It would be nice to have the option to see one day on the screen alone, or a whole month even. Maybe having a drop down menu with view options?

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2017

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite easy to use. You'd asked about seeing a day at a time -- there's a Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu that will let you do just that! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have trouble locating that. And, color coding event types is on the way -- look for that later this summer. Wishing you all the best!

Chris from AquaAdventure Tours, Inc.

Just starting out with Starboard Suite but the overall experience has been excellent! Super helpful!

Pros

It just works! Customizable and super easy to use. Customers are confident they're dealing with a professional and reputable company on the other end of the internet cable, even if they have never spoken to us by phone or email.

Cons

So far so good...really very little in the way of issues. Starboard Suites has been able to solve anything that's come up and find a work-around if needed. They seem to be very on top of enhancements that would be beneficial to users and their customers.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied January 2018

Chris, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad to hear that you're having a great experience with Starboard Suite. Wishing you a great season!

Jennifer from Murphy's The Cable Wharf

It has a number of great features that make tour scheduling easy!

Pros

Cons

I would like the retail portion to be better so that we could sell tours and gifts in the same program. I would also like to see the entire day on the calendar view, not a whole week at a time.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2017

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making it easy for you to manage your events and reservations! We're equally excited about the workstation tracking... it's great to hear that that's been helpful for you :) In terms of retail, my understanding is that your team wants to be able to use an external scanner for your retail items, due to the high volume of retail sales in your various stores. We're talking to your company management about adding that and we're excited about it! In terms of a "daily view", if you navigate to Events->Daily Event Schedule you can see a day at a time :) If there's any additional assistance we can provide, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Wishing you a great summer!

Heather from Ocean Raft Alaska LLC

Sophisticated software that is user friendly.

I am impressed with the Starboard Suites Team and their ability to work with the nuances of our company and provide solutions to our specific needs. So far the software has helped our small business streamline reservations, organize our inventory, and open up the ability for multiple people to view our calendar at once. I'm really happy with the software.

Pros

The ability to access your calendar or reservation system from any page. Great features like editing multiple events at one time, or the simplicity of quickly making changes to one reservation. Any request to help personalize the software have been quickly addressed and created for our needs.

Cons

Features that we cannot edit ourselves like the Base Price (but that is a quick email request).

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied December 2018

Heather, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that Starboard Suite is working out well for your business -- sophisticated AND user friendly are exactly what we're after :) We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come!

A truly great system and provider!

Pros

A platform that is not complicated! A really nice and easy to use platform that allows us to manage our reservations very effectively and ensure that we protect ourselves from making an error. The system is very flexible and easy to make changes.

Cons

No real issues to report, the system has provided us with no issues and if we ever face any issues then the team have been great in helping to resolve this.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2018

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our platform is working out so well for your business, and that our team has been helpful in answering any questions. Have a wonderful summer!

Katie from Hammer Down River Excursions

Great reservation system with an accommodating staff that answers all my questions!

I like the reports and the that my reservation system has a involved customer support so I don't have to spend hours trying to figure things out.

Pros

The library of how-to articles and the quick response of their staff. Whenever I call their support line I always get knowledgeable staff. If I can't figure out how to do something or if I need something done that is unique to my site they are happy to code me a unique solution or take on any challenge I throw at them.

Cons

Its still new and updating to the latest apps. They are in the process of coordinating their site with apple apps and other sites that i run with my business.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2017

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using our software, and that our staff has been so responsive to all of your questions and unique situations. FYI, our web-based reservation system has been around for years now. As you mentioned, our iOS app is new within the last few weeks, but it's working great so far, and we've got more enhancements coming soon. Wishing you all the best!

Greg from Murphy Sailing Tours Limited

Our experience with Starboard has been wonderful, quick to process any requests.

Pros

Our business has various locations, including a large variety of shore excursions, tours on both land and water, as well as restaurant operations sold to both public and private groups. Starboard has provided us with an incredible ability to separate these bookings, and provide an extremely in depth method to track sales by locations and customer group. Starboard has customized our reporting and we have developed reports to allow us to utilize the contract function a great deal as well as implement built in accounts receivable tracking. Development and engineers working on our project provided quick results and delivered on time.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2017

Hi Greg, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I know the team was hard at work on some of your custom contract and reporting needs, and it's great to know that everything is working out so well! We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

April from Cruises On The Bay by Watermark

Working hard to make it work for us!

Rep (and I'm betting the entire Starboard Suite team) has been working hard to bring our updated system online before season kicks in. And this has been accomplished with humor, patience and sharing of knowledge to make our ticketing system (and a wee bit more) work for our team. The ticket portion launched late last year and has worked like a charm and, thankfully, has been intuitive to our team to handle calls and questions (a busy January). Recommend this group of folks to help move forward online ticket sales and more.

Pros

intuitive. fast. easy.

Cons

so far no downside.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied January 2017

Hi April, Thanks for your kind review. Indeed, the charter and private tour side of your business is fairly complex, but that doesn't scare us :) Working hard is what we do! We've been glad to build support for the many different types of charters, private tours and school groups you work with. We've really enjoyed collaborating with you, and your entire team along the way, and we're excited to be launching our new charter and group management system next week! Looking forward to many years of future collaboration.

Emily from Murphy's the cable wharf

It will take some getting used to but it will be good when things are worked out.

Pros

Cons

I find that this software makes it very difficult at making sure bookings have been cancelled and sometimes booked. The "remove from cart" button is very misleading and allows me to think I'm deleting a booking even when I'm not.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2017

Emily, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you find our software aesthetically pleasing -- we work hard on that :) Sorry to hear that the "remove from cart" button feels confusing. It sounds like this functionality may be a bit different from what you were used to in your old system. Moving between software systems can always be a bit daunting. Most of our users really like the "remove from cart", so I suspect you'll adapt to it in short order, but please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you'd like more information about how to use it most effectively.

Tony from Red Boat Water Tours, LLC

from the very first phonecall, the folks at Starboard Suite have been great to work with.

I have not yet found any "cons" to our relationship with Starboard. They and their product have " performed as advertised" so far.

Pros

We were completely unaware of what we needed, or even what we wanted, in a software for our new startup business. At Red Boat Water Tours, LLC, when we sit around our corporate offices, we're literally sitting around our kitchen. When I converse with Michael at Starboard, I get the same intimate image of their company and that is comforting.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2017

Tony, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that things are working out so well for you :) I'm really glad to hear that our service feels so personal! We're based out of a high-rise in downtown San Francisco, but providing approachable, personalized service is very important to us, and we're determined to maintain that aspect of our company culture as we continue to scale our business. Wishing you a wonderful summer and a successful first season!

savanna from yankee lady

Kind of confusing to use.

A lot of clients have figured out how to use it and we don't have to bother helping them book their reservation.

Pros

I will say a lot of people do understand how to use the system and get their reservation through on their own. I just wish the system was super easy and everyone got in on the first try. But we don't live a perfect world.

Cons

customers get very confused by putting their vouchers in from groupon. They have to call and need to be walked through every step because they can't figure it out on their own. i wish the system was more self explanatory so people wouldnt need to call and ask for help.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2017

Hi Savanna, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! "Confusing to use" is definitely not something we've heard before... it sounds like something isn't configured the best way for your specific booking needs. We'll reach out to your company management to see how we can best address this for your team. Have a wonderful summer.

Jason from Jax Brew Bus

Game Changer for our business

Starboard was professional and helped elevate our business with their advanced system versus others and by taking the time to educate us through out the process. Any questions were immediately answered which made the usage seemless from our current system to theirs. Would highly recommend to others!

Pros

Intuitive functionality and system capabilities

Cons

Certain functions required to be adjusted by them versus us

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied January 2017

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're really glad to hear that Starboard Suite is having such a positive impact on your business! Looking forward to many more years of collaboration.

Suzanne from Murphy's Sailing Tours

I am much older, and I found this system very easy to learn.

Easy.

Pros

Easy to use. Very easy to find my way around the system. It is great to locate a client at any time. I like that I can put in a clients name, company name or client number for easy location. I like that we can bring up one vessel at a time, as it makes it easier to check while on the phone.

Cons

I would like the bookings that are tentative, color coded, so it would be easy to tell that it is not a confirmed booking. It would be great to color code, tentative, confirmed and Bus tours , as we have so many. It would help at a glance to see what we really have booked.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2017

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm really glad to hear that you're finding our software easy to learn, and that our reservation search and calendar filters are proving useful :) FYI, color-coding events is on our agenda for later this season. We'll keep you posted. Wishing you a great summer!

Kristi from SunQuest Cruises

Excellent company

Pros

constantly improving and making changes for the better

Cons

there are a few restrictions, but it is because of the type of business we operate

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied October 2018

Kristi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on-board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) Wishing you all the best, Charles

Eve from Murphy's

I use this system at work for booking tours, decently easy to use.

Pros

User friendly, it's great that it sends emails to customers. Easy to modify and view tours. I like that it uses 12 hour time instead of 24 hour time.

Cons

I wish the tours could be color coded, i wish it was easier to book multiple tours in one transaction, i wish there was an option to view the available tours one day at a time, instead of a whole week at a time. Due to this, it's easy to accidentally book tours for the wrong week (the next week instead of the current week, or vice versa)

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2017

Hi Eve, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software user friendly and easy to use. FYI, we are going to be adding color-coding of event types later this season. I also wanted to let you know, that you can view a single day at a time using our Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu. It sounds like that would be helpful for your workflow. Wishing you a great summer!

Cory from Sister Bay Boat Rental

Industry: Maritime

Amazing capabilities and support! Easy on the customers wallet too!

We've been very happy with the crew at Starboard Suite they've done creating not one but FOUR control panels for us on a tight schedule. Our rep has always been courteous and helpful while providing quick answers to questions and quick solutions to snags. They're open-ness to develop new ideas and expand with our images was incredible. As a small business themselves I believe they truely care about my small businesses. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed! Signed, Hard to please but was pleasantly surprised!

Pros

Support and quick solutions to issues. Great communication.

Cons

Still growing so some ideas or visions are out on the horizon still. Not necessarily a con but undetermined.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied April 2017

Hi Cory, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that everything has been working out so well. Looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Jono from Cuttyhunk Ferry Company, Inc.

Starboard Suite Saved Our Ass

My wife and I have a small ferry company and our online reservation service crashed. Starboard Suite had a program that works so well that we were up and running in a couple days. Support was instant and constant. They tweaked things specifically for us. Our office manager and my passengers love this system that we use mostly for online reservations.

Pros

Great support, easy to use

Cons

needs to reflect actual ferry services a bit better. There is no dropdown in this form for Maritime Transportation!

Deborah from Naples Transportation and Tours

Naples Transportation and Tours

The most helpful part is the customer service we have available to us any time we need it. The Starboard staff is helpful, patient and suggestive when you come to them with any questions, concerns or just need HELP!

Pros

I love having the booking numbers current at all times in one spot at your finger tips! It makes it so easy to control the numbers per tour, being able to adjust the availability per tour also! And most of all blocking out tours for Corp. Groups, that is a blessing!

Cons

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied May 2019

Deborah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our platform is making it so easy to manage your inventory, and that our team has been so helpful :) Looking forward to working with you for many years to come!

Cassie from Majestic Princess Cruises

Have been using them for over a year, I dont know how we survived before them.

Pros

User friendly, always updating new platfotms. If I have any questions they are always quick to respond.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2017

Cassie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Sam from Corolla Outback Adventures

Best System for Tourism

The training day was very helpful and the staff is pretty much always available to answer questions or help identify problems.

Pros

This is by far the easiest reservation system I’ve used to book reservations. Easy to view and sort the calendar and dashboard features, and the mobile app works surprisingly well in a pinch when I don’t have my laptop. Refunds and cancellations are smooth and easy.

Reasons for Choosing Starboard Suite

This system had many features that the old site didn’t have. Being able to easily update refunds and cancellations was very important to us, and Starboard was the only system that could offer that.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2020

Hi Sam, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! I recall that your team has used quite a few reservation systems over the years, so I'm thrilled to hear that Starboard is by far the easiest to use :) I also wanted to let you know that we're working on an updated interface for employee scheduling that should be available later this summer. We'll keep you posted. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Joseph from Pure Florida

Industry: Maritime

Starboard Suite makes my day that much easier!!

Coming from a paper system, the Starboard Suite reservation system makes my day as a Captain that much easier. I can log in from home before my day begins and see what trips I have, and how many passengers for each. I can also look at this system remotely from my iPhone throughout the day and see any updates to the passenger count that may have occurred! Overall a great improvement over the old paper-based system!

Pros

The ability to login from home and remotely to view the trip schedule.

Cons

Not being able to view one "one day" at a time. With a huge fleet, the monthly calendar displays too much data on the screen. I would like to have the option to be able to see just one (1) day at a time.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied December 2016

Hi Captain Joe, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that everything is working out so well since you started using Starboard Suite.

Kathryn from Wild Whales Vancouver

Industry: Maritime

An improvement on our old system

The reps have been really proactive working with us to give us a system with features we demand. We have been coming at them with things we want/ need and they are on it creating a system that is practically custom built for us. Their response time to our questions and wants is super fast. On the whole this is a real improvement from our old system and they are constantly making it better.

Pros

Less paper as you can charge credit cards through the system.

Cons

Inability to see if people have opened mass emails (but they are working on it!)

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied July 2019

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that our team has been so responsive to your needs, and that our platform feels like such a great improvement for your business. FYI, last week we rolled out the ability for you to see if customers have opened your event emails -- hope that helps! Wishing you a wonderful summer.

John from Nesbit Dinner Cruises dba 1000 Springs Boat Tours

Best customer service ever! Very responsive.

Keeps track of our cruises and easy to see real-time availability.

Pros

Extremely intuitive for our clients and reservation agents. The customer service agents are extremely good about getting back to us.

Cons

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied September 2017

Hi John, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software easy to use. And, great to hear that our customer service has been so responsive . Product and service are incredibly important to us, so it's great to hear that we're getting them right :) In terms of cost, we do our best to stay competitive, and we definitely want you to feel like you're getting good value for your money. After you've been with us for a year and we can get a sense of your sales patterns, we'd be glad to revisit pricing with you.

Nate from Water 2 wine cruises, llc

We have been using this online booking system for awhile and it makes things quick and easy!

People quickly booking trips for the family and friends. Business is growing and we love to see new faces.

Pros

How user friendly, quick, and easy it is to use. You can put options to have addons easily provides for guests booking and it is very easy to make a manifest off of the booking site! Also people help you design your pages as well!

Cons

It would be nice if you could edit multiple trips instead of individually. Everything else works amazing.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied August 2017

Hi Nate, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that our software is working out so well for you! Easy to use and growing your business is what we love to hear :) FYI, multiple event editing is on its way soon. Until then, feel free to shoot us a chat message or an email -- we're glad to make bulk changes for you. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Sarah from Wild Whales Vancouver

Sarah's Review

It is an incredibly easy software to use (previously using Rezdy) that saved a lot of time checking in customers.

Pros

It was very easy to learn and easy to remember how to use. I was an infrequent user but found it very self explanatory.

Cons

adding discounts and merchandise purchases were more difficult.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2019

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're generally finding the system easy to use! FYI, we completely redesigned our retail merchandise interface a couple of weeks ago -- I hope you find that it does what you need. Feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Kiley from Schooner Thomas E. Lannon Inc.

User friendly, clean and lots of options for streamlining setting things up.

Pros

I like that you can do a lot within the calendar (add trips, reservations, etc). Also, it puts what you are working on in a cart, so if you get sidetracked or it times out you can still work within that reservation.

Cons

The retail side could be a bit better - pull downs for retail sails during a check-in instead of having to list everything in the first reservation screen.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied June 2018

Kiley, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board and glad to hear that things are working out well for you. The way you're using retail is a bit different from how most of our clients use it, but we'll look into a bit more and see if there's a way that we can streamline that list for you. Have a great summer!

Mike from Murphy's the cable wharf

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

used it while employed with Murphy's the cable wharf

Was implented in my every day work routine

Pros

The software was easy to use and easy to access. It was easy to pull up records pertaining to ticket dates linked to whomever purchased the tickets. Another pro is keeping peoples sensitive information private and secure

Cons

not automatically refreshing when tickets are sold font and interface a little small, but it's not cluttered

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied November 2017

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software easy to use and access, and that you see the value in security (as we do). FYI, we've got a complete redesign coming your way next week -- I think you'll find that the all of the Control Panel text is sized perfectly for every device. Wishing you all the best, Charles

Starboard

With ten years of tourism experience, I wish I had this earlier in my career

Pros

That it keep saying a record of all edits. It's very useful to keep track

Cons

The notes would sometimes merge or text format wouldn't stay in the notes

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied September 2018

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you're finding our software so useful.

Jason from Pacific Parasail

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Starboard has been a blessing for work. It allows multiple people to see the same thing and make adjustments if needed, either at our kiosk or while out away from work. This is one of the easiest applications I have ever used. I highly recommend this to business owners.

Pros

I’m able to view and adjust multiple options while dealing with customers.

Cons

The only think I don’t like about Starboard is that it logs me out, but it’s not a con....it’s a security feature and it’s really beneficial.

Response from Starboard Suite

Replied September 2018

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that our software is working out so well for you. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and looking forward to helping with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you all the best, Charles