What are Xola users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Xola software through verified user reviews

• icon"The strength of this company is the fantastic support it provides for its clients. This is both at the set-up stage, and also after implementation has started."
  • icon"First thing I like is the willingness to listen to the customers for new changes and ideas. That makes both of us better."
  • icon"The onsite booking is aesthetic and easy for our customers, and the back end is incredibly user friendly for my staff to use, and chock-full of useful resources."
  • icon"Sadly, business is still in its beginning stage so there is not a lot of interaction iv'e had with this software."
  • icon"Unable to quickly block of certain tours at specific times."

Browse all Xola Reviews

• Have you used Xola and would like to share your experience with others?

Jose

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Smooth operator, but there's definitely room for improvement and new features

Overall the experience has been transformative. However, we're coming from basically no booking software at all - before XOLA we had just implemented an extremely rudimentary home-grown solution in an effort to organize our burgeoning business and a significant shift in our business model that was producing a much higher level of traffic (and revenue.) As a result, we've been able to capitalize on these new channels and really bring our business to another level. There's hiccups, as with anything, but we've seen the software maturing and changing to accommodate and scale up, and we're very happy with the results. I recommend this software for any small to medium-sized business that is looking for a solid, smooth booking experience. As the software improves, I believe there's a very good chance that it will become a best-of-breed app and is absolutely worthy of consideration.

Pros

Without a doubt this is a smooth app that knows what silk feels like. The UI has gone through some great improvements that have improved the silkiness to a degree even silkworms would be jealous of, but it's clear that they're taking the time to listen to their users in the development process and that's important. Performance is more than just good, it's Tony-the-tiger great. Smooth and well executed interface. It's missing features - some of them might be important to you, it's hard to say - but the devs do a great job of listening to feature requests and we've seen real, significant improvements all around. That's the sign of a maturing application. Is it best-of-breed? Hard to say, and I'm sure there's arguments for and against, but I'll give them this: their support is out-freaking-standing. That alone is worth a few awkwardly implemented features or some gaps in how things are executed. If there's a problem, you connect to a staff that takes their support work seriously. I'm surprised they don't hop in a plane and come to your computer and help you out - they legitimately take every step just shy of that in an effort to find a solution. It's impressive and it outshines any downsides you might find in the app itself. Is there always a solution? No, that's unrealistic. But they often find a workaround and if they can't they'll make sure the devs know there's a gap that's been discovered and that needs to be looked at. Great, great support team.

Cons

There's feature gaps. Depending on any number of factors the software just doesn't quite fit - but it's close. Usually close enough - there's often a workaround that is... well, good enough. And you hope the devs close up the gap or shore it up and it won't get any worse. For the most part that happens, but when there's a 'feature release' you hold your breath and a lot of times you're left thinking to yourself "what? there's so much better things to have spent man-hours on than that..." To be fair, I've often found the implemented features to be useful once I've worked with them but there's still features - things I would consider fundamentally necessary - that haven't been implemented. It's a fail, but a relatively minor one. At least, for us - ymmv.

Response from Xola

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are always happy to see our customers enjoying our software, and be willing to give this kind of feedback as well. It is customers like you that help us grow and become better for our customers. We value your words and want to know how you feel about Xola. I want to reach out and get more information on the gaps you see with the software and what we can do to fix them. Again we really appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon. - Jessica

Emma

September 2022

Xola has been enjoyable to use

I'm pretty happy with Xola! It's very customizable, very easy to use, and I've always had such quick replies from their customer service team. I have experience with a few other booking systems (OPERA & Mindbody Online) and I much prefer this system.

Pros

I really appreciate how easily you can customize and set specific details of listings. I believe it allows more different types of businesses to use Xola pretty easily.

Cons

Being able to edit bookings which use the split payment option would be SO ideal. I often times have to cancel the booking and rebook, which makes any refunds more complicated down the road. I would really also appreciate the feature to type the number of guests into a booking made manually, instead of having to click increase/decrease for each guest. In the purchases tab, the order it comes up seems pretty random. It would be incredibly helpful if all purchases/cancellations/guestlists/etc would appear in chronological order. It would also be helpful if you could filter it via cancellations, etc. There's a random glitch I'm noticing recently where the guest will input their email and phone number, but when looking at their booking through the dashboard, their email shows up twice. When I go into the customer's profile, their phone number shows.

Disappointed with Xola

Pros

This platform is definitely affordable and in the beginning the customer service was great. From a clients prospective the interface is user friendly and visually appealing.

Cons

We started using Xola over 2 years ago and although a rough start, the service was on point and customer support was helpful and speeds when it came to fixing bugs and problems. Since then it seems as if they have restructured their company drastically. Getting customer support has become a challenge. In the beginning they assigned account managers, which was great. When you called Xola you could speak directly to your account manager who knew everything there was to know about your account. Fixing problems was straight forward and right to the point. Now, it's a bit different... You can either call a get an answering machine or someone who has little to no experience or you can chat online with an agent they have outsourced in a foreign country. Regardless of who you speak with you must first catch them up again on everything you're trying to accomplish. This part is the most frustrating, When speaking to the 4 person I found it easier to just copy and paste the previous chats we had rather than trying to explain. We have been having trouble with our buttons implemented by Xola over 1.5 weeks ago. Meanwhile our clients have not been able to book online. Through pages and pages of correspondence and having the luxury of catching at least 6 of their employees up to speed on my issue. They might "might" have it done by tomorrow. We're talking about simple buttons. I would definitely do my research before plunging into a commitment with Xola. Very frustrated so far with this experience. If it wasn't so time consuming setting up a whole new platform, I would have switched to Fare Harbor long ago.

Response from Xola

I am so sorry to hear your disappointment with Xola. First off let me say that responding to our customer is our number one priority, so I will forward this onto our Customer Success Manager to look at. We know that setting up a platform can be stressful and we want to make your experience as stress free as possible. Please let us know if you are still having problems with your buttons and I will personally look at them and get them into the right hands for modifications. Again thank you for taking the time to leave this review, it helps us grow as a company when we can examine our weak points from the eyes of our customers.

Replied August 2018

Great Product, Superior Customer Service

I started a small tour company this year and I needed a professional-looking solution to manage reservations, communications, and payment. I did not want to spend a lot of time learning and implementing. I checked around with a few vendors and picked Xola. I am delighted I did!

Pros

First, while not important in the long run, the interface is elegant and clean. They actually thought about the design. Most important, it was super easy to implement. How easy, you say? Well, they have an option to spend something like $200 to get someone to walk you through the set-up. I thought this was a great option so I signed up for it. But as I was toying around with it, I realized that it was so super-easy that I actually had done the set-up. After set-up, it is easy to use and intuitive in managing my reservations for my tour company. What else?? When I don't understand something immediately, there are CS agents always at hand via chat. They are smart. Unlike some companies who hire someone to read through a flowchart of problem solving and often get stumped, these people simply know how the platform works from beginning to end. I have never had an occasion when I contacted support and did not have my problem solved immediately.

Cons

Nothing! They are the best!! HAHA -- I have to write a longer review than the first line! Okay -- Really, they are the best! ;)

Reasons for choosing Xola

I liked the look of the product, it had the featured I needed and the BDR was very pleasant!

Melissa

Xola tour operator

Great

Pros

Abandoned cart capture, back office ease of use.

Cons

Waiver integration with Viator. Cancellations are difficult.

Smart waivers additional cost

Reasons for switching to Xola

Back end of peekpro is not user friendly

Kaden

September 2022

Xola is critical to helping my business run smooth

It’s been very good from day one, I am approached by other companies weekly and have no interest in switching

Pros

Simple and clean, very customer friendly, easy to make changes

Cons

I don’t really have any complaints about Xola

Reasons for choosing Xola

Had a cleaner look and the features made the most sense for my business

More professional platform

Dave

Industry: Sporting Goods

Best booking software available

Excellent experience

Pros

I love the reporting and simplicity of the user interface .

Cons

Multi day booking feature is a little rough . You have to book each day individually instead of just clicking number of days .

Reasons for switching to Xola

Forgo the name , this was way more user friendly and did more.

Neil

Xola review

Excellent

Pros

Easy to set up. Excellent capture of data

Cons

No comments but if there were anything it would be minor

Christopher

Xola Review

Very good customer service. Relatively high customer service fees.

Pros

Reservations and customer contact information.

Cons

Deposit time posting, Other than that no real concerns.

Referral.

Jason

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great booking platform

Pros

Easy to use and great support. Support staff is always available 24/7 is great

Cons

cost is expensive along with credit card processing fees

April 2022

Lots of features, good support, great integrations but pricing is not ideal and missing some basics

Good experience, great relationship with them and they are responsive to our needs and support. product is good but would like to see some basic feature improvements that make our lives and employees' lives easier vs more workaround. Overall I would highly recommend the product, especially knowing a revamped and improved version is on the horizon. Plus fairharbor is just annoying so out of principle, we will not work with them.

Pros

Ease of use, we have been using this for some time now and have a great understanding of how to use the tool and get a lot of value from it. It has some great integrations, great text, email reminders for our guests and xola has invested in a lot of great improvements over the past 2 years that made our business better.

Cons

Lack of POS integration, our business is moving to sell more onsite with our guests, pre gratuity is huge in our space and XOLA lacks features for pre gratuity except to do an ADD on which auto charges taxes and the booking fee on gratuity. reporting is still lacking, and dashboards, for performance, are also lacking.

Reasons for choosing Xola

functionality, clean good looking interface, responsive booking process (peek was very slow)

Response from Xola

Hi Andrew! Thank you for the review! Glad to see you think Xola is easy to use, plus more! Lots of new things coming to Xola, that I believe based on your feedback will take your cons to pros!

Replied June 2022

Justin

Solid Software for Activities Reservations

From day 1, they were very pro-active at thinking "outside of the box" on our account, from setup to go live. That was in 2016, and they have continued to deliver top notch support since then. They have also proven their commitment to continual improvement of the software over the years with lots of feature enhancements and new tools.

Pros

Xola has put a lot of thought into making the transaction process quick and simple. Therefore, it has a very high "ease of use" rating for both our staff and our customers. Nevertheless, it is feature-rich and carries a lot of power "under the hood", giving the admin team a number of different ways to setup listings and sales flows. The tech support is also OUTSTANDING.

Cons

The reporting is sufficient but not robust. They have some custom reporting options, and you can export to excel, but sometimes that can be problematic, especially if you have a lot of listings or demographics. Very cumbersome to do any type of "deep dive" into large data sets.

FareHarbor and Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Reasons for choosing Xola

price point, ease of use, feature set.

WebReserv

Reasons for switching to Xola

ease of use. more configuration options.

Response from Xola

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for leaving such a positive and thoughtful review. While we have made many recent improvements to our reporting we are grateful for your feedback and are always looking to improve our product! Thanks, Sophie

Replied March 2020

Absolutely the most feature packed booking software with amazing customer service!

I've been with XOLA from our start. It's been one of the key factors in our success, because I have been able to adapt what XOLA provides to what we need. The absolutely greatest benefit to our business is the lighting fast customer service via a very easy to use chat window right on the lower right corner of the interface. I get answers for my customers in seconds and solutions to whatever problem we have in a minute. I haven't found any other booking software out there that can match it.

Pros

XOLA has incredible flexibility when compare to other escape room booking software I've compared it to in the 2+ years I've used it. I have comparison shopped all the other booking software out there and haven't found anything that compares to what you can do with XOLA. From the visual presentation to the customer, to creating coupons and discounts, to arranging pricing and schedules for rooms. Nothing comes close. XOLA is PACKED with integrations with other software and gives you access to data from your bookings that I haven't found anywhere else.

Cons

I will admit I'm not a fan of the 6% booking fee passed on to my customers. Our bookings actually increased when we implemented it, and it does give me access to all of XOLA's features. Yes, Americans are conditioned to tacked on taxes, fees and other charges for online transactions, but that doesn't mean I have to like passing on cost to my customers.

Reasons for choosing Xola

The features, flexibility and customer support.

Response from Xola

Paul- Thank you so much for the glowing review. We're glad the upgrade to Flex has been fruitful and that you are continually satisfied with our product and service. Best, Sophie

Replied March 2020

Jake

Xola Review from 2+ years user

Overall, I would say the software is good-to-great (four star) and I really appreciate the five-star customer service.

Pros

Out of the three booking software platforms we currently use, Xola is my favorite. There are many pros to Xola, but let me summarize by saying it is the combination of good-to-great design along with five-star customer service.

Cons

The uncertainty regarding subscription packages. We have a "Premium" subscription that is a flat rate, which serves our needs very well. If we do not have option to continue this package in 2020, we will have to switch to another booking software platform. Which would be a shame because Xola is my preferred booking software.

Reasons for choosing Xola

Three simple reasons: 1) Design is good-to-great. If features and integrations continue to be added, it will be a 5-star platform. 2) Excellent 5-star customer service. I hope the customer service continues at the current level. 3) Flat-fee Premium pricing is what sealed the deal. If we are unable to continue with this plan for 2020, sadly we will have to find another booking platform. For the future, just remember that your current and future customers are actively evaluating options for booking software (in our case, biannually). I hope you keep the flat-rate payment option so we can continue to use Xola in 2020 and beyond. Lastly, and most importantly: Make sure upper-level management is listening carefully to the front-line employees. Execs, stay in touch with what makes Xola so special and be relentless about continuous improvement of the booking software!

Response from Xola

Jake - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We did announce a pricing change last year with the primary purpose of being able to offer all our customers our enterprise-grade features. We aren't able to accomplish this with a flat rate - although I get why that monthly rate appeals to you. However, through this shift we're able to offer a lot more to all our customers and continue to grow our team and product to be the best in the industry and do right by our customers. I will be sure to have someone call to talk through how we can continue working together. Best, Sophie

Brian

Industry: Tobacco

Xola for Small Tourism Business

Fantastic! I encourage you to look seriously at them - they are the best fit by far for us and I have interviewed and ran trails with the major competitors.

Pros

Allows for tours that have minimums - Our tours require 8 person to sign up in order for a tour to go (minimum). Xola handles this portion far far better than any of the other competitors and I have met with a number of them. If you do minimums, and care about customer communication, this is a must use. Software works with many options Very strong amount of features Very strong customer support Reasonable competitive pricing Great analytics They will listen to and often times implement feature requests Good integration with booking site (Yelp / Google / TA) Highly recommended!

Cons

App on Android can be a bit buggy and frustrating - not a deal breaker. Sometimes you may have to click buttons a bunch before it responds or have to shut it down and reload it. Won't allow you to take a call and check the app when roaming (this does work if you have active internet). Would like to see further integration with hotel and other booking companies

FareHarbor and Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Response from Xola

Hi Brian, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a thoughtful review. I'm so glad Xola works for your business needs and you are happy with the integrations! We're always looking to improve and appreciate your feedback about the Android app! Stay tuned for more updates in 2020! Thanks, Sophie

Replied December 2019

Come for the booking software, stay for the customer service.

Positive experience, nice team, good software.

Pros

Xola has a ton of features that make it easy to keep everything a customer purchases all in one place. The gift card sales easily integrate with the reservation system so customers can redeem them themselves online, gift offers help us sell more of them, the CRM allows us to easily export customer info and send them targeted emails and global settings allow us to automatically send emails to customers asking for reviews or send a discount code for them to come back in. All around a great software, but many softwares have similar features. What sets Xola apart from other companies we've dealt with it their customer service. Someone is always available to answer questions in the online chat or you can easily schedule a call with a support person if you have more in-depth questions. I also appreciate that we receive emails when certain features might be down. We've used software companies in the past that don't let us know of potential issues until we are the ones reporting them! Xola pre-empts this and answers our questions before we run across any issues.

Cons

Because this software is very flexible and there are so many options, some of the back office features can be tricky to use. For example, when you need to process a refund for a customer, you have three options to select from (reduce booking value and refund, refund only etc.). They do a good job of labeling things with descriptions, but it can still take some getting used to and training. Also, the page that Xola takes customers to when they click Book Now on our website is all Xola-branded. It would be awesome to allow customization to this page to include our logo so that customers trust they are still on the correct website. Finally, I'm not a fan of 6% fee they are charging every customer now. This is a recent transition from a paid monthly subscription from us to an additional fee paid by our customers. After some research, it seems like this is the industry standard now, but we hate that we have to charge our customers an additional fee to make a reservation with us online. We want to encourage our customers to make reservations online so our in-store staff isn't bogged down with taking reservations over the phone. Additionally, Xola is making quite a bit more money off of us and our customers by tacking on that percentage compared to the monthly fee we used to pay. This is one of the only cons to the software.

Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Reasons for switching to Xola

We had major issues with Springboard VR's booking widget where customers would make a reservation through our website, the software would take their money but not make their booking. Or it would take their money and them immediately refund the charge back to their card. It was a mess. By the end of the summer (over the span of about 3 months), we had over $7,000 in refunded charges from customers, which just caused mayhem for us, our bookkeeper and CPA. Every time we contacted Springboard support about the issues, they couldn't give us any answers and basically told us there was nothing wrong showing on their end. They made it seem like it was our fault that their software wasn't working properly, so we tried everything on our end to get it to work. No luck and no offer to help or compensation from Springboard. It was a terrible customer service experience. After a couple months of this, Springboard finally determined it was an issue between their system and Square. They suggested we switch our entire system to Stripe and that wasn't really ideal... To be fair, Springboard is not a booking company. The booking widget was an add-on to their normal service, which is arcade management software for virtual reality centers. We're much happier with a company that focuses on booking.

Response from Xola

Hi Jennifer, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. Really appreciate your thoughtfulness and sharing about your experience! I'll be having someone reach out to see if we can solve the issue around the buttons re-directing but it may be a limitation with your CMS. Thanks, Sophie

Charles

Support that's always there

I would have to saw that I have been with xola since 2016 and watched them grow. I left once to fareharbor but quickly came back. The main reason for coming back was the follow up email to the booking. Fareharbor did have a couple edges on xola as far as blocking out tour and making them available. The biggest thing I could see xola doing to benefit it's customers and gather more customers quickly is to save them money. How do you do that? Easy, develop an kick ass waiver system. That would save us personally $2500 a year plus. The second would be to make it more robust. Smartwaiver is an outdated unreliable software that we are forced to use. Anyone who took a little time would out them out of business. There reporting and accessibility is extremely difficult and unable to retrieve information in any sort of fashion. (Give me a call on this) because if you all don't, I will build a kick ass waiver system.

Pros

First thing I like is the willingness to listen to the customers for new changes and ideas. That makes both of us better. The support is always there to help.

Cons

Unable to quickly block of certain tours at specific times.

Reasons for choosing Xola

The team honestly and the follow up email. Because I've been there three years I've watched some promote up and xola keep growing! Awesome! Honestly when I swapped to fareharbor for a short time I lost tons of money due to the follow up email.

Response from Xola

Hi Charles, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Xola. We do have an in-house beta waiver solution and I'll be sure to have a team member reach out to get your feedback and input there! Cheers, Sophie

Chavonda

xola

My experience with xola has been great and I also like the fact that they are continuing to grow and develop new things to change or add to make the software even better keeping up with time and market industry staying on top of things in developing new and more ways to use the software.

Pros

I love this software I use it every day for my Escape Room. It does everything I need all in one place to me it is exactly what I need for my booking software for escaperooms

Cons

nothing least about it but one thing is the ability to stop negative reviews from being posted that's the only thing everything else I love it.

Reasons for choosing Xola

it was overall the best and had more to offer especially with Escape rooms becoming a growing industry.

Reasons for switching to Xola

this was a better choice for me and the ease of use along with what I needed for my business.

Response from Xola

Hi Chavonda, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad you find Xola to meet your needs in an Escape Room Booking Software. We're glad to partner with businesses like yours! Cheers, Sophie

Anna

XOLA is amazing for many reasons, but they need to speed up their process for fixing bugs

XOLA excels in many ways at many things, especially customer service, helping you learn, and ease of use. However, when there are things that don't work well for you, it feels like you are up against a wall and you just have to deal with bugs, and they give the impression that these things won't be changed for a long time, and maybe never. You just have to love it for the awesome things it does and accept the frustrating things it doesn't do.

Pros

The best part about XOLA is their customer service. You can instantly chat with somebody at all times, and if you need to call and talk to a real person that is easy too. I cannot stress how amazing this is, as we have all spent hours going around in circles with customer service with other companies countless times. Sometimes for me to the point of frustrated tears. XOLA sets the standard for how reachable and friendly and helpful all customer service should be! XOLA also makes certain things incredibly fast and easy to do. You can tell a lot of thought has gone into functionality and usability, such as navigating through the site.

Cons

My biggest complaint is also about customer service. You can easily talk to somebody and they will help you figure something out or teach you how to do something. However, sometimes I need to do things that XOLA is not capable of, and I feel that being able to do them is extremely important. In this case they simply say they will forward your request to their development team, and maybe someday there will be a meeting about it and it might get changed in the future. Sometimes when you tell them what you need to be able to do they disagree with you, which is odd, because they are not the ones actually using the software to run a business! One example is I need to be able to remove credit card numbers attached to people's accounts. This is very important for many reason, one of which is sometimes they belong to an ex-spouse, have been cancelled due to fraud, are cards they don't want you to charge any more, etc etc, and when collecting a balance it adds tons of time and correspondence with clients to figure this out. This is one example of many things that you can DO on XOLA, but you can't UNDO. Like when you accidentally enter a person on the questionnaire, you can't delete that person. I just think when you tell them things like this that seem really logical and practical they should be able to change them, or at least make you believe they understand it is important to your daily functioning and that they will try to change it.

Response from Xola

We are happy to see you love our customer service! I can understand the frustration that goes into a system not functioning how you need it to and that our process to resolve this seems slow. We take every request very seriously and want to make our customers happy with our software. I would be happy to set up a time to talk and discuss our process a little more in detail with you and also get more feedback from you on how we can handle these differently. I will be reaching out very soon to set up a time for us to talk. -Jessica

Kellie

My experience with Xola has been outstanding. I've used two other systems - PeekPro and Bookeo.

Pros

I love the platform's ease of use, for both the customer and the user. When using previous platforms, we had customers calling continually because they were unable to complete transactions because they were confused with the setup. And, for the back-end user, it is a breeze! In fact, we never even had to train our employees to use Xola. The backend is extremely intuitive. And, I can't say enough about Xola's customer support. It's the best of any platform I've used. If I have a problem, Xola's chat is ALWAYS available. I also appreciate the backend functionality of being able to refund customers with store credit. The system automatically emails the customer a promo code for future use and stores the information within our system. Rebooking previous customers is also a breeze! And, what's BEST for me, is Xola's pricing model. We live in an area with a very high sales tax and I did not want to have to charge our customers an additional 6%. With Xola, we get an incredible platform (that more than pays for itself with the "abandoned shopping cart" feature) for a flat monthly rate. Xola is also continually tweaking the platform, making it better. The most recent backend mobile update is incredible -- giving me near full functionality from the ease of my iPad.

Cons

As for cons, yikes. I really can't think of anything. When I do come across functionality features that I would like to see, I have easy access to suggest my solutions. What's even better? Xola actually listens.

Response from Xola

Hi Kellie- Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is valuable as we are constantly seeking to improve and our business only succeeds when our customers' businesses succeed. Thanks for choosing Xola and keep the feedback coming! Cheers, Sophie

Replied April 2018

Maren

Generally good - but not the very best

-- Online Ticket Booking Platform -- Online Scheduling System

Pros

-- 24 hour customer support available by chat -- Clients stay on my website while booking tickets for my escape rooms using Xola -- Automated reminder e-mails -- Ability to customize questionnaire and booking requirements -- A salesperson quoted me a price and stuck to it -- Report Features -- Great Credit Card processing rate (through Stripe) -- Ability to integrate with Google Cal so staff can see when they are scheduled to work -- Instigation with Smartwaiver (limited, would like more)

Cons

LIMITED CLOSING OPT: You can set sessions to have cut off times. This is important but when I used FareHarbor it allowed me to keep sessions open if the session was partially sold. I would like this feature on Xola. Currently there has to be a hard cut off time -- or I have to keep the session open until it's start time. LIMITED INTEGRATIONS//NO CRM CAPABILITIES: The system doesn't integrate with MailChimp, it integrates with Smartwaiver but on a limited basis. For example if Joe books 6 tickets Xola captures Joes information. His 5 friends information is added on Smartwaiver but then I have to dig into Smartwaiver to find their info. I doesn't turn them into a customer profile even through Smartwaiver waiver is connected to Xola. It doesn't integrate with Trip Advisor Review Express -- so I have to manually enter each customer e-mail between Smartwaiver and Xola. BUGS & UPDATES: They are constantly making changes. Sometimes I log on and have to look for something in a new place (updates are always accompanied by e-mails) however, I would prefer to choose if I want to update features or not. Sometimes these updates and improvements cause bugs -- At one point a bug was impacting my settings. It took them over a week to solve the problem and I didn't get any kind of update. I always had to ask for it. I feel like complaints and requests go into a long report that no one reads. They have come out with lots of updates but none that I have requested.

Response from Xola

Hi Maren- Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback, both pros and cons, is very helpful as we are always looking to improve. Good news! We recently released Enhanced Cutoff Logic. I'll shoot you a followup email to make sure you have that info and are good to go there. Also we have a Zapier integration in beta that could help you connect to more apps. I'll include that info in the email as well. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with one of our updates and encountered issues. I will be sure to discuss this with our Director of Customer Success to ensure we are doing what we can to mitigate similar issues in the future. Thank you, Sophie

Replied April 2018

Susie

Responsive to needs and continually improving the software from my feedback.

All booking info in one place and so easy to keep on track of what is coming up for both myself and my employees. Also, easy reporting to see trends, end of month reports, etc. I can access the info from anywhere - even when away on vacation. Also, I believe more customers will book, when it is right there with a "book now" button - they don't need to call, or email and so they do more impulse scheduling. I even use the feature to be able to contact those that don't complete a booking and it almost always results in a booking, once I've had the chance to contact them and answer the questions that may have stopped them from booking on their first impulse. Without Xola, I would never have even known they were considering booking....that results in more bookings and more satisfied customers. My customers all rave about the ease of booking - Happy Customers means repeat customers.

Pros

Ease of Use and Customer Support -- I looked at many companies and did demos prior to making my decision to go with Xola. Xola is, by far, the easiest to use of all the companies that I demoed. Inputting product, making changes, updating info is all easy and very intuitive to use. When I can't easily figure something out, Xola's 'chat' feature is AWESOME! There is always someone there to quickly guide me through with very little or no wait time. They walk me through the process via chat and once even offered to call me, instead, so they could more easily guide me through how to do something. If I have a need that Xola can't fulfill, they immediately send that to their development team and in most cases, I get an email or call saying the feature (or a similar one) is now available. I've had offers from other companies that may be less expensive - but am so impressed by Xola's customer responsiveness, that it would take a LOT before I would make a change. VERY happy overall with my choice to go with Xola!

Cons

Calendar does not show multi-day events (only the first day shows). Also - only allows for 'group' or bulk discounts on same item. I would like a way to have the system give "Xth purchase free" - for example - so once someone has booked 2 items, it could prompt them with a "Buy one more and you get a free one". I saw other companies with this capacity, BUT then they had other things that I did not like. Overall - Xola has more Positives for me, than negatives.

Response from Xola

Hi Susie, So happy to see that both you and customers enjoy using Xola! Your feedback helps us improve our software. Cheers! -Kris

Replied March 2018

C'MON features!

Pros

I started with Xola back when the booking software genre was almost nonexistent. Back then there was Bookeo and that was about it. Now I get a sales call every week from competitors. Peek Pro seems to be the only software that is more feature rich but they are pushy and spam your customers if they get ahold of your data base so beware about them. Xola has an easy and beautiful interface. Non-pushy sales people. Help when you need it. Great ability to manage customers IF you never have to reschedule. The cost is lower than other companies if your doing volume greater than 5K a month. A good choice but you need a dedicated reservationist if you are offering an experience were rescheduling is common.

Cons

When pricing out a booking software company for your business consider the cost of an employee to manually have to reschedule your customers if your experience is prone to cancellation i.e. rain, wind, snow etc. and add it to the monthly cost of Xola to get an accurate idea of the true cost. The point of having a booking software is so you can concentrate on running your business and making it grow. Playing secretary is part of owning a small business but when it takes from R&D, marketing, quality of life it can kill you. Xola only allows your customer to book and reschedule themselves prior to their scheduled date. If you cancel the day of the adventure the customer has NO ability to reschedule if your experience is cancelled due to weather. If you are in a tourist area where you don't have an option to reschedule people because they are on vacation or the experience that you provide is indoor and cancellations rarely occur Xola is a great choice. If your experience is subject to weather and you take the entirety of the experience cost in advance, Xola has fallen behind severely compared to the the other big name in booking software. I provide Hot Air Balloon rides in an area that is prone to strong winds and rain during the season. My demographic is local and I sell my experience to customers that can and know that rescheduling is normal. I leave a recorded message the day of the flight and if the flight is cancelled there is no way in Xola to email the passengers a link to reschedule! Xola allows the customer to select another date prior to the experience and you can set those perimeters but after the customers first date choice, if it is cancelled, that is where you are left back in the 80's. In order to get your customers rescheduled on another date you need to do it over the phone and manually move them in Xola and online for it to move in real time. Xola has completely missed the boat for the experience provider that has to cancel for environmental reasons. I have submitted this feature request for two years now and it has shown no movement. They said it is not a common feature request and told us we could give the customer a "store credit". A credit sounded good until we realized that the customer would have to put al their personal detail starting with their name again to go that route. That is just not an appropriate thing to have your customers who are paying good money have to do and it looks unprofessional. I know for a fact two other operations left Xola for a booking company that offers a solution to the common problem of rescheduling for us outdoor providers. I think that they perhaps specialize in the hiking tours, or biking tour company that goes wind, rain, or shine and just refunds their customer if they cancel. Perhaps most of Xola's merchants operate in tourist areas where the customer does not reschedule because they are going home from vacation. The irony is that they offer our customers a great option to reschedule themselves prior to their first date. Why not extend that availability to after the date in case the experience is cancelled and the customer doesn't want a refund or via policy has to reschedule. For customers booking online, selecting a date and paying is seamless. The merchant can customize a checklist for the customer i.e. what to bring, what's included, a map the meeting point. We receive just the odd phone call asking for clarification and payment is quick. On the other hand we need to hire staff to answer the phones just to rebook our customers on days it is raining or too windy to fly. On average another 40 hours of phone calls and talk time is added to our expense because of the lack of a customizable reschedule link we could send our customers so they could reschedule themselves. Customers like not having to leave voicemails if we are on the other line and %95 of customers would rather NOT wait to speak to a reservationist to go over dates that may or may not be filled. It's really frustrating and I do not believe we are the only one or one of the few merchants that need or would find a simple reschedule feature useful as they have implied to us. The only other con is that they now leave the price on the gift certificates when a customer buys one. This was not always the case. Xola has a mailable and printable gift certificate option which we utilize heavily and you can now offer experiences at a discount but they for some reason notify the recipient of the price. We have been told and agree with several of our customers that leaving the price on the gift certificate is tacky. It has not always been that way, just with the recent update. I understand if you are giving a cash card to someone, you would need and want the recipient to know the price to avoid an embarrassing moment at a store or restaurant but who leaves the price tag on a gift? Xola gives the recipient a code so the recipient can book only and that process is easy but it's clear how much nanny spent and loves them the moment they get the printed gift certificate or email. We went from chasing a couple hundred bucks a week to help pay for a hobby we love and turned it in to a serious 2 person small business with gross income in the six digits, well 3 person and income in the 5 digits because we need someone to handle all the manual reschedules. Feature requests do get noticed but at about 1.5 year turn around. It's been two years since we have been asking for this. We have grown and enjoyed Xola, we just for their sake since the booking software market is so competitive now want to see them be #1 and have the client base Peek Pro does as they are a lot more ethical but we fear they won't if this feature isn't added and if the feature turnaround isn't quicker. Our review may appear negative even though we enjoy most of Xola. We understand all businesses have their little intricacies but we have been an experience provider for over ten years now and have offered many activities, rescheduling is a part of booking management no matter what adventure you provide, we and we are certain most other experience providers agree, just understand you will NOT have that option with Xola. Xola could be the best by far with just a couple more features.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

I recently moved 4 tour companies onto Xola from other options and I am happy to never look back!

Slicker guest interface as well as a more intuitive and cleaner user interface for staff.

Pros

My favorite thing about Xola has been the extremely knowledgeable and speedy support staff always being at the ready via email, phone or 24hrs a dang day via chat. I can not tell you how key it is to understand that hours of need to not happen between 9-5 somestandardtime but can happen at anytime. To me, having someone there to bounce questions and issues or even just log a feature request is key compared to the many other software companies that offer lame "help/knowledge bases" or "video tutorials" you can search forever and still not find what you need. I also appreciate that they are not resting on their laurels when it comes to updates and feature additions. Since I have been using Xola since Jan 2017 they have released many updates that actually have workflow function compared to "Wow.. we made it so you can add emoji's to your email signature" type of stuff I have suffered through as "function upgrades" on other platforms. Lastly I really like that the software has the ability to be cross platform and mobile and you can still have full functionality. It is helpful that they are working towards upgrading the app as they go so more actions can be tackled through there as well.

Cons

The mobile app for android at least could really use a "refresh" feature like on the web so I can swap between company accounts easier than restarting the app. The guide management is a growing feature so I hope more develops there sooner than later which is more about my personal workflow needs than anything else. Lastly, it is not something that has as much to do with Xola as it does with Google in that the subscribed calendar feature Xola offers does not work well with the way google imports them so I would love to see a push style calendar notification instead so those not on apple products are not left with inaccurate calendars. Again more a Google screw up than Xola but I really really want xola to rework the calendar notification option so it can integrate better cross-platform.

Response from Xola

Hi John, Thank you so much for your review! So glad to see that you are enjoying Xola. We appreciate the feedback. We are certainly working to address some of the improvements you recommended. - Kris Lawson

Replied October 2017

Colton

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great booking software for small business

Xola takes a ton of the work load from the booking process and streamlined it so people are ready to go as soon as possible. It makes it mischief easier for us to track and keep up with our customers and prospective customers and even makes marketing and promotion more effective. The support is great and the interface is easy for us and our customers.

Pros

The set up and user interface is really easy for the most part. The customer service is fast and responsive, anytime I have a problem it’s answer d in minutes over the phone. The pricing option are really good for small business/new start ups and the booking fees are very reasonable. The best part is Xola is geared towards the outdoor industry and the software easily integrates into your existing website. It also has automated features like abaindon cart as well as custom coupons and discounts which I really like. We use this software for our SUP/Kayak rental business and it has been fantastic so far.

Cons

There could be more customization on the backend of the booking parameters, for instance selecting availability dates for a rental unit takes some time. I think it would be nice if Xola offered it’s own credit card terminal. It is difficult to add two separate “experiences” to one purchase, meaning if a customer of mine wanted to rent one kayak and one SUP they would have to do separate transactions.

Response from Xola

Thank you for leaving us this review! We value our customers feedback! We are glad to see that you believe Xola is easy to use not only for your business but for your customers. I am going to be reaching out to get some more feedback on the customization you would like to see on the back end. As far as the separate transaction, we have just come out with a new feature called Single Transaction for Multiple Reservations, that allows you to have multiple bookings in one transaction. I am going to send you more information on this as well. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to connecting with you soon.-Jessica

Xola