Browse MailerSend Reviews

David from Soluciones Verticales

Best entry-level transactional email provider

I set it up in one day. I had a delay because I'm using Cloudflare and forgot to set my DNS records to "only dns" to bypass their proxy. As soon as I did it, my account was active and ready to be tested. After sending 20-30 emails I applied the "upgrade" for the Free plan, and that was it. It's been working with great deliverability rates since.

Pros

The free tier is very generous at 12k emails/month, perpetually. Which makes it perfect for a small size e-commerce or growing online community. Since it has a pay-as-you-go model, you can use it even for higher # of emails without having to commit to higher monthly fees elsewhere (specially for volumes that will go unused).

Cons

So far, I haven't seen any on the technical side. On the cost side, after 20k emails/month it would make more sense to move to a different provider, I wish they could review this, as is not ideal to jump from provider to provider as one scales. It would be preferable to just stay under MailerSend, maintaining the economical benefit.

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

The free tier has everything i needed from the paid plan at MailJet at my email volume requirements.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Hi David, thank you for writing down your experience with us - we truly appreciate it. We're also glad to hear some of your feedback regarding our users scaling with us. Something I will pass down to make sure this is kept in mind.

Ricky from English Wizards

Great value, INCREDIBLE support, and extremely easy to use.

Extremely good! Really look forward to zooming up the pricing tiers as we grow so we can give some more back in return :)

Pros

After messing around with Mailchimp and walking away unhappy, it's been a godsend to come across Mailersend (& Mailerlite). The layout is extremely clear, it hooks up to Zapier, and the one issue I had due to not reading the docs properly was cleared up by support in minutes in a personal and friendly manner, which is extremely impressive. For small businesses who want to automate their emailing as much as possible (using Airtable - Zapier - Mailersend) this is absolutely perfect. Also, for small businesses, the pricing plan is extremely fair. Though most importantly, everything's landing in inboxes.

Cons

So far, all is good. Can't wait to start breaking things ;)

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

We're not a huge company and don't need extremely complex functionality. We don't want to work with huge companies who takes days to deliver generic responses back in support, and don't want complex pricing models. In addition, some of the reviews online of competitors when it comes to getting spam-canned are quite worrying.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

Mailchimp is way too clunky, complex, expensive and unintuitive for us.

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2021

Hi Ricky, coming from the Wizards themselves - this is such great compliments to read! We welcome you to our community and glad to know you have been able to experiences to support heroes we have in our team. - Lay

Frank from Third Wave Technology

MailerSend Customer Support

I reached out to support for an issue that was on my end and the support team responded very quickly and was eager to help. They truly cared about solving my issue even though I was still in the free tier for now.

Pros

It had been extremely reliable and fast.

Cons

My only real issue is that the response returned from the npm javascript library/api does not return either an error or valid json when there is an error, This makes error handling extremely difficult when trying to determine if an email succeeded.

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

more generous free tier and no hassle for my legitimate use of the software as a transactional system for my clients. Sendgrid required a lot of forms and pleading to use for my own clients.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

Hi Frank, really appreciate you sending us some of your feedback about MailerSend. I took to the team with your feedback about errors, and they're currently working into making valid responses when there is an error.

December 2021

Tim from Fortech IT Solutions

December 2021

great tool

very positive. Mailersend is used to assist outbound notification messages from a web app to subscribed users on daily basis and 'it just works'

Pros

mailersend does what was needed - SMTP outbound service that was easy to setup, easy to monitor, and works well.

Cons

no negative issues I have found. it works really well, the interface is great for admin/management

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

other tool was not working smoothly.

Top product. Easy to use but lots of features!

Pros

The customer support was just great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from the support team is amazing. I got a response in minutes with so much information. I am not very experienced but I was able to set up all the emails I need for my website.

Cons

Every time I open the web interface I have to login to my account, but maybe its because of my browser. And its not a problem for me.

Response from MailerLite

Replied November 2021

Thank you for this lovely review. If you have any questions, you know where to find us.

Biswajit from www.biswajitpradhan.com

I was saved by Mailersend

I was making a switch from Amazon ses after they blocked my account without providing any reason. I don't spam and I send only high quality emails to people who have explicitly given the permission to send them emails. I was looking out for Solutions when I found Mailersend. They came like a savior to help me. (Further I was able to connect my SMTP service with them that allowed me to use my own email tool instead of using another web based tool )

Pros

Easy to setup. Inexpensive compared to Monkey (You know whom I am referring) and They are super nice when it comes to support. They come with a pay as you go model saving you from random costs for email marketing.

Cons

I don't think I have explored this side of the house yet. Don't see any negatives about them so far. They come with a pay as you go that saves you from hassles.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

They blocked me for no reason - Neither they provided a reason later. They are so shady that they don't allow you to send emails to your own valid email list (permission based)

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Sounds like we became a match made in heave Biswajit. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Very reliable transactional email service with a generous free tier.

Pros

Great documentation, I found it easy to set up my workflow using Node.

Cons

I don’t know anything that’s missing to be honest.

I can use it for free.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

The Netlify forms were somewhat limiting. No templates, no control over Askimet spam functions.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

This is great to hear! As we are fairly new, we love to hear the experience and feedback our users have. Thank you for this!

Markus from i40

Easy to use API and great customer service

The customer support is great! They are very fast to reply to your request with a solution.

Pros

It is quite easy to create new templates and send them through the API. There is also a generous free tier. Up until now, we didn’t have any problems with receiving mails.

Cons

There is no TypeScript support. Type definitions would help the development.

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

There is a generous free tier and you can start nearly instantly. Also, compared to some competitors, you can send mails to accounts outside the verified domain.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

Mainly because of the price.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

Hey Markus, lovely to have you with us! Your feedback is truly appreciated, we're always aiming to improve and make our community experience the easiest and friendliest as possible. - Lay

Sherese from Cash Cred Pro

Its Midnight and within 5 mins my problem solved.! Great job TY

I can accept online application for the business loan programs that I offer.

Pros

Its a clean and easy back admin. The price very competitive but the customer service is top notch. I used another service provider that was more expensive and they never replied to any of my need. This company like a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much oh another thing I like is that the person helping me understood my problems. Sometimes a company can provide live chat but the person responds silly they say hello after you wrote a paragraph of questions. the person talking to deal with me like they get what im asking. Those are the things I like.

Cons

I cant say a thing. I like everything so far. I love services that are simple, easy to understand, good pricing and I if I ask the person gets what I'm asking.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

lack of customer service. I cant get my questions answered.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

All amazing feedback to hear Sherese. We're glad we're a breath of fresh air - it has always been our aim to make life easier for our already busy users.

Brennan from Allegiance Trucks

Great product for great price

Very happy to find the product and I will be using it long term

Pros

Very easy to use and compared it with several other bulk email services online and you get the most value for the cost - no daily send limits and very fast (300 emails a min with SMTP service)

Cons

I have not found anything I do not like with the software so far, it is exactly as I expected

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

Because it did exactly what I wanted for the lowest cost

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Thank you for putting your trust in us, Brennan. We're very glad to hear you're having a good experience with us.

James from James Robertson

Great service, Excellent Support Staff, Best free-tier model/features

Positive. Frustrations were solved by support quickly and with good insight. The service works great and has good documentation

Pros

The free tier limit is large, and the overage fees are typically and competitive. The templates option is also great for both clients and developers alike. You can easily design HTML emails and fill in the information easily through the API.

Cons

The DNS record verification setup has poor feedback on failures to verify.

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

Better free tier model. More features. Lower costs.

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2021

Love to hear from you, James! I will make sure that your feedback of the DNS record verification is heard internally.

Omar from InfluentGuest

The best transactional e-mail software I tested

Pros

The support is awesome, we exchanged 13 emails in less than 2 days ! The design of the software is perfect and very easy to use. I went away from SendGrid because of the 2FA every time we login and I think I just found better. And there are 12 000 free e-mails per month and it is for ever !

Cons

The doc isn't very rich but the team answers very very fast.

I went away from SendGrid because of the 2FA every time we login

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

Forever eveerrrrrr - just to show how much we appreciate our users. Welcome Omar!

Pablo from Gann Law Books

Industry: Publishing

Great SMTP Relay Service

Integrating with Cold Fusion was easy and straight forward. Very good product for Transactional Emails.

Pros

Integration with our business was easy using their SMTP relay service. Very inexpensive product. Their support is the best. Usually they answer within 1 hour and the information provided is very detailed and helpful.

Cons

Online help should be searchable. When emails get rejected we don't get details about the rejection reason.

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

They stop providing us with an SMTP relay.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Thank you for the review, Pablo. We truly appreciate it.

Giuseppe from Indiependency

Fantastic experience with the CS!

Pros

So far I have had a great experience at Mailersend, with their fantastic CS team. I had an issue with setting p my domain and Mailersend but the CS team helped me out on an endless back and forth email helping session, I'd like to thank specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for helping me out and to solve the issue.

Cons

A bit complicated to set the domain up but with the proper help it work well.

József from RoutePatch Kft.

Industry: Information Services

Great Support, Great Features

Great

Pros

A lot of features, you an use it pretty much freely, and Support is very helpful and on point!

Cons

Setting up the DNS records can be tricky, but this is not the Fault of MailerSend and the Support is eager to help!

Reasons for Switching to MailerSend

turboSMTP has bad support, and they have a very gray banning process, and you can't even read the terms of use..

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Hi Jozsef, welcome aboard!

Ivan Dario from nubi.dev

Great customer service

Customers transactional mails

Pros

I had a little problem with my account setup for a domain (I got anothers working without deals), and the customer service attended to my problem very fast. I recommend it.

Cons

API needs a little more documentation. And the mail builder could be a bit more complete, but anyway is very useful for people with little knowledge of HTML. I like it.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

Hey Ivan, we're happy to hear that you've got your account up and running. You know where we are if you need us.

Tim from Impact CMW

Great service, great support

We are sending transactional emails. It's easy to set up and works quickly.

Pros

Inexpensive with a generous free tier. Support is excellent, really well trained and communicate quickly.

Cons

I haven't found any negatives about this software.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

Glad to hear it, Tim! And thank you for taking to send us some of your experience with us.

Kelly from Warwick GmbH & Co Music Equipment KG

Industry: Music

Great customer support

Fantastic customer support

Pros

The product is easy to configure and use

Cons

I have found no reason to no love the product so far.

Reasons for Choosing MailerSend

They seem to have just the right set of tools we need.

Response from MailerLite

Replied March 2021

We love having you with us Kelly!