All Sonix Reviews

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

Ernesto

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Surprisingly accurate and super easy to edit

I've just started using them but am so impressed with the results, the service and the customer service that I'm starting to transcribe all my previous podcast episodes and phasing out the use of Google Cloud transcription despite that being FREE at the volume that I require.

PROS

It's accuracy for transcribing conversations How simple it is to edit and export the transcript The embed code so I can add a transcript AND a player to my website and even pull the original MP3 from my podcast host so that those plays count towards my stats. THE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

CONS

The pricing structure is difficult to grasp at first. I would still try to simplify it because it's confusing. You get charged a membership fee which then gives you access to transcription services which are billed based on usage. I now understand that they do this so you don't have to be paying monthly for transcription which you might not need but then you're paying a membership anyway… Also, I'd like to be able to save snippets and common words to improve the AI and make my editing process easier but that's a very minor thing.

Javier

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

First time user and Loving it....

I loved the option to upload videos that are in other languages and Sonix was able to transcribe it. Much better than other softwares out there today.

PROS

I love that you can see the closed caption in real time and i am loving how accurate the transcribe was in English and Spanish. I am also loving the ease of using this product especially since i am a first time user. I exported the file to use on other program and it was on point.

CONS

For my first time using this software it worked for what i needed it to do.

Reason for choosing Sonix

I did try Rev, but they took to long and at the end they were unable to transcribe my video...

Reasons for switching to Sonix

Simon Says was unable to transcribe foreign languages.

Juliana

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Used to be good, looking for another tool

Now it is bad. A waste of money. I am looking for another product

PROS

Easy to load, and used to be helpful. Don't understand what changed

CONS

It used to be good until 6 months ago, now, it just sucks and has become a waste of money

Silvia

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

perfect transcription - relation price vs product received: You get more for your money than you could ever expect

I am a professional coach and have given many seminars over the last 30 years. I had recorded them and have tried to get them transcribed times and again in order to edit them and publish them as manuals. I have bought all kind of software – state of the art at the respective time – that would supposedly do the job. However, the result was usually so that the corrections would take probably longer than manually transcribing it from scratch. That is when I heard from a friend about Sonix. I compiled a few samples of the oldest, worst recordings of my seminars in a 30 minute test and ran it through. The result was mindblowing. Of course you have to read it through and there is a few words to correct here and there – but the overall result – given the bad quality of recording on top of it: A dream had come through. I contacted Sonix to ask if they could offer me a deal as I had over 1000 hours to transcribe – and not only did I get a fantastic deal, I also found the staff are very pleasant to deal with: Friendly, competent, fast, answering your questions spot on and not referring you to some general article that is usually far off the topic – just simple joy to interact with them. I got my over 1000 hrs transcribed and I am totally happy with it. And of course I stay customer of Sonix for all my future transcription to be done and I recommend it to all my friends. This company manages to give you a fantastic product at such a good price – you get for your money much much more than you possibly could expect. I wish more of our economy would follow the same principle – we could have a paradise on Earth with everyone happily producing and exchanging. My wholehearted thanks to the Sonix team for the fantastic product and the great service they provide.

CONS

nothing - it was perfect from the beginning to the end.

Reasons for switching to Sonix

The former transcription was literally un-understandable

Brandon

Broadcast Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Incredible program and brilliant customer service

I’ve used it for over 100 hours of interviews for various projects, specifically our podcast Telephone Stories: The Trials of Michael Jackson, which is airing on Luminary - any time I’ve had an issue, they’re customer service has been prompt, personal and grateful for my business.

PROS

Sonix is very easy to use - and compared to AI software I’ve tried much more accurate with transcriptions - and the turnaround continues to become faster.

CONS

The only issue with the software - and I think it’s more of just the ability to read the sometimes difficult change between speakers when uploading an interview is breaking dialogue paragraphs when one speaker is done and telling the difference. This may likely change as technology grows.

Jan

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Soix for transcription

Great tool which served the purpose.

PROS

Easy to use. Great support. Friendly people

CONS

The software performed as expected, so there are no conerns.

Jorge

Reviewed March 2018

The recording, transcription and editing functions are really great.

It allows a greater benefit saving time and I can make my projects faster, being able to quickly transcribe audio and make it searchable is the greatest benefit. The recording, transcription and editing functions are really good and easy to use ..

PROS

The editing functionality is very good it does a very good job of transcription, so it really is not necessary to make many modifications to the transcribed text. The design is very clear, which facilitates its use and allows you to upload files in a fast and efficient way, the editing functionality that you have is very complete allowing the audio track and the transcribed text to be synchronized so that it is really easy to follow the audio and make online editions of the transcribed text

HanSeok

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Quick and Handy Automation tool for Busy Teacher

PROS

Sonix provides me with a highly reliable automatic audio/video transcription service. After uploading the file on the server, usually it takes up to 30-40 seconds to complete the transcription process for a 1 minute audio file. I use it to make an interactive listening practice tool for my students. As it supports a powerful sharing options, I can easily share the contents even on the web itself! Also it has two kinds of offers: subscription or pay-as-go. So I can choose the one that fits my current situation.

CONS

I have not found anything that I dislike with this tool. Compared to its competitors, nothing had a superior quality or features than Sonix. I am quite sure that I'd love to pay for the subscription even after the free trial (30 minutes).

Jocke

Civic & Social Organization, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2023

Transcruiptions made my work more effective and accurate

Great !

PROS

The transcriptions and their accuracy and easy to use.

CONS

Maybe the price, 10 USD per hour. Sometime the budgets for the evaluations are low, NGOs pay very little for the actual evalation work.

Hesham

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

A good transcription service

it is very recomandable

PROS

fast in transcription , very fast realy I liked it

CONS

some mistakes bei transcription due to bilang usage

Mauro

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2018

It was amazing how quickly and accurately the audio file was completed!

Saves so much time and effort. I will have to work manually to edit but that's so much better than having to start from scratch.

PROS

The speaker on the uploaded 15 minutes audio file sometimes garbled or slurred his words, and yet Sonix was able to complete a transcription that was 90 % accurate in only 3 min. The audio editor is remarkable - I've never seen anything like it. Each word in the transcription is highlighted perfectly in sync as the audio is played. You can click the mouse in between a few words before the current word and the audio will start again at that point. There is absolutely no lag time after clicking to start the audio playing again - it's immediate! I have produced transcriptions before using the MPC audio player positioned in a small rectangle of space on the bottom of my screen widened to fit the entire width of the screen to make it easier to move the pointer back a few seconds while checking the accuracy of the transcription using Word. I manually transcribed 6 hours of audio this way years ago. I think it took me 20-25 hours to do this. What a chore! Now there is Sonix that can transcribe audio in a fraction of the time, with 90+ percent accuracy. And it's so very much easier to just click a few words back to check accuracy, instead of trying to manipulate an audio pointer. PLUS - not only can I download a Word doc but also a .srt captions file that can be added to the original video to produce a captioned video from the same original transcription! This is the only way I will produce transcriptions from now on, saving so much time and effort!

CONS

Just a little more time and I will get completely used to the editor interface. It's already very intuitive, but I just have to increase my "muscle memory" to hit tab to start and stop, click here to start somewhere new, etc. Really, no cons at all to speak of. Can't wait to think of new features for Sonix to add. I'm sure they will be very responsivee to customer requests

Blake

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Super fast transcriptions with easy editing and a great embedded player

Overall, Sonix is the best way I know of to get my podcast out there for a wider audience. For the latest episode twice as many people read/listened to the episode using the Sonix player as downloaded and listened in a podcast app like Apple Podcasts. So we tripled our listeners to that episode thanks to Sonix.

PROS

I love the embedded transcript / audio player. I use Sonix to transcribe podcast episodes and embed the transcript on my website. It's way better than a traditional transcription service because visitors to my site can click anywhere in the transcript to hear the audio at exactly that moment. I also get the benefit of the transcript being indexed by Google.

CONS

Currently they don't have an integrated human review/editing process. I use a contractor to clean up the transcripts because the AI isn't 100% perfect yet — no AI is at this point that I know of. So it takes a little more effort than a service such as Rev to get the transcript perfect. But the price ends up being the same or less, and the interactive transcript is something you just don't get with other services and makes it worth it.

Dip

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Fast, automated and highly secure.

I was looking for a cheap and effective audio-to-text converter and I found Sonix. It is simple to use, affordable, and generates transcription within a few minutes.

PROS

It is easy to use and we can use it to create accurate transcription in multiple languages from any audio we have but only the requirement is the audio must be noise free. I found that it is very user-friendly and we can generate transcription very quickly.

CONS

It helps us to improve the user experience with highly accurate subtitles for our every video.

Diane

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Ideal for podcast transcription

PROS

This software integrates with Zoom so seamlessly. Shortly after I finish a recording I get an email telling me that the transcription is complete. And there are time stamps with audio clips that make it so easy to repurpose for marketing.

CONS

The only thing I can think of is an integration I tried to do that didn't work. It's stuck and I can't figure out how to cancel it.

Olivier

Media Production, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2020

A godsend service boosting my productivity and alleviating a major source of stress in my life.

A transcription that normally takes me a whole day or sometimes two in my first language is over in 1 or 2 hours (depending on the length of the clip). I have used audio clips and video clips and have yet to see any major issues there. Granted most of the sound in these clips is taken with directional microphones, I am still impressed at how much it is able to pick up.

PROS

I am very impressed at the quality of the transcriptions. I have so far used it in three languages (English, Japanese and French) and they have been the most accurate I have seen around. As a freelancer here in Tokyo I also like the option of buying time by the hour as I don’t always need to transcribe on a regular basis. Also love the time code option

CONS

There were a few weird linguistic glitches which needed to be cleaned up later (such as foreign loan words in Japanese - such as diversity and inclusion which came out as totally different words) but that is sort of to expected for automatic transcriptions. (I presume this will improve over time?).

michal

Research, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2020

Time Saver!

I conduct research at the University.

PROS

Sonix saved me so much time! I used to have to hire and train students to transcribe my lengthy interviews. Now I just upload to Sonix and within minutes get a full transcript. I love that it recognizes when the speakers switch and even edits a lot of the stutters of language right out.

CONS

It would be great if I could use my transcription pedal with this. I think there is a way but it was not easy to figure out (I spent hours and never got it working). I wish there was a better integration with nvivo.

Nicholas