What are TripActions users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TripActions software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like the google map feature so I can see the distance between my hotel and wherever I'm going. I also like that my frequent flyer info and my Marriott rewards is saved."
  • icon"Makes it easy to use and book travel, love the rebates and rewards program, and customer service is great."
  • icon"Love that there's a user friendly mobile app as well. On top of all that come some pretty great perks that I don't think anybody could possibly complain about."
  • icon"The rental car function needs a lot of work. My receipt showed different information than the company had on one trip which was a painful issue to reconcile."
  • icon"But this was after hours of frustration on the end users. We seemed to have trouble setting up our corporate numbers in TripActions."
  • icon"There are definitely some bugs that have led to a poor candidate experience for us."

Browse all TripActions Reviews

• Have you used TripActions and would like to share your experience with others?

April 2022

TripActions makes booking company travel easy!

Maddison

Everything all in one place!!

Overall I absolutely love it and booking trips is extremely easy.

Pros

That my entire trip was in one place - and all rewards information can still be applied.

Company mandated.

Robert

April 2022

Customer Service can't be beat

Pros

The customer service is fantastic. At the airport with flight delays, I can jump on a chat with a real person who will work to figure out alternatives. There have been some application quirks but hopping on with CS tended to fix the issues in short order. Our company also implemented "saving sharing" where the employee would get a cut of the savings - in the form of a gift card to Amazon or whatever - if they chose a travel option that was more economical then some threshold or average. This was a very popular feature.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with Frequent Flyer status and sometimes failed to show options that were allowed under travel policy. For example, status that allowed selection of premium economy for free would sometimes not work right, and you'd have to call after the booking to get it fixed. Additionally, even though policy allowed for upgrade to business in some cases, the application still fired off a "this is out of policy" warning. It also wasn't always the cheapest option - in a couple cases booking directly through the airline was actually most cost effective.

Reasons for switching to TripActions

Overall travel cost savings and enhanced customer service

May 2022

Horrible Software, Makes You Wait HOURS for Even the Simplest Tasks, EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED

Nightmare. DO NOT buy this product, it is horrible

Pros

Nothing, overall horrible overpriced software.

Cons

For every change, you need to wait HOURS so an agent can talk to you. If you need to change your flight, be prepared to wait 8 hours so an agent becomes available Also, EVERYTHING IS OVERPRICED. They charge your company 2x-3x the available price

Thomas

Phone no more

No longer need to book and expense my own travel - save money out of my own pocket.

Pros

Being a road warrior (>125 miles with Delta a year) there is never a shortage of travel issues and problems, but Trip Actions quick customer service (chat function) is always there for you.

Cons

- Please integrate the corporate discount rate with BonVoy, I continue to book my hotels outside the system to grab the best rate.

Reasons for switching to TripActions

It was a legacy travel platform that did not have any customer support - directed to airlines.

thiyagarajan

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Good Software

Great..Improvement on Fare group shopping and categorization

Pros

Usable interface and easy navigation.Good reference points and easy/affordable price points on different airports.

Cons

we should add more functionalities on the ancillary and LBS(leg based shopping)

Reasons for choosing TripActions

easy interface,reliable one..Program setup is a breeze,travellers visible policy,24/7 live support.

Lee

Customer Service and Amazon Cash out is shady

It is convenient but I would be interested for the IRS to take a look at their business practices

Pros

It is not bad if you get a decent customer service rep. but it is like 1 out of 5

Cons

Support is weak and will at times just tell you to do what you need to do instead of assisting. The Amazon rewards is a shady program that works but they don't offer verifications of cash out or receipt. They have a system that will clear out your balance and not indicate in any way that you got the money or provide any way of tracking. They pass it off as Amazon's issue but will not assist further

Stephanie

Best travel software I've used

A+

Pros

Customer service is likely one of the best things TripActions has to offer. Whenever a flight gets delayed/cancelled or something is going on they always let me know before the airline even does. Plus it's great to get Amazon credit for booking within the company asks. Product is easy to use and never gives me headaches like Concur used to do.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind if I'm being honest.

Reasons for switching to TripActions

Kespry has always used TA, the companies before have used Concur and I never really liked it

Tomi

SO easy to use!

Pros

SO easy to use! I love the 24/7 hour support and the help that the Trip Actions team provides for me. They make painful travel extremely painless. I have recommended TripActions to several of my friends. Also - the rewards are awesome!

Cons

The colors, sometimes the vast number of options can be confusing... other than that - really nothing!

Reasons for switching to TripActions

I am not sure - as I didn't make the decision to change, but my guess is that it was NOT easy to use and had a lot of complaints among our folks that travel.

Trip Actions

TripActions has vastly exceeded all of my expectations. I was very concerned when we switched platforms recently, and I have been extremely pleased with the UI and experience.

Pros

Tripactions is a very intuitive expense report and booking platform for travel. It has more capabilities than other platforms on the market and has the ability to generate reimbursements within 24 hours.

Cons

Thus far, I haven't seen many cons to the product. The only hurdle can be that the trips have to be approved by a an approver prior to going to the booking page. That is more of an internal issue.

Reasons for switching to TripActions

Looking at something that was all-encompassing and had more features for the organization.

TJ

TripActions makes traveling easy

Overall, it's been great and has made planning travel much easier.

Pros

It's very easy to navigate and it finds great options.

Cons

I wish you could include corporate codes to offer discounts at specific hotels.

Reasons for switching to TripActions

Coming to a new company and I'm very happy about it.

Kate

Surprisingly fun to use travel booking service

Pros

How TripActions incentivizes employees to book lower fares and hotels rooms in exchange from Amazon gift cards. Very innovative and provides value to the user and company. The chat support is also amazing, best support that I've ever received from a travel booking site. Typically the support response time is immediate, there's very little waiting. The support staff is extremely knowledgable and can help make booking changes immediately. With chat everything is documented and there is no confusion.

Cons

Organization of the search results can be somewhat confusing since sometimes 3rd party site results are also added to the organic search results. Occasionally the hotel listings are more expensive that what I can find directly from the hotel site itself.

Tori

TripActions is so amazing for both companies and employees!

I highly recommend TripActions to everyone. Other softwares are clunky and make traveling a pain. With TA, everything is in once place and you can still get loyalty points for air + hotels.

Pros

We just started using TripActions right before the pandemic where we are no longer traveling, but I have to say, this is one of the coolest softwares out there. The fact that I make money (via Amazon giftcards) for saving the company money on my travel expenses is the greatest thing. I think that's their best feature by far! I usually stay at the same place each time I travel for work, but this allows me to stay at other places (so I get to explore the area), save the company money, and I get a little out of it too!

Cons

I actually don't have anything negative to say about this software. It makes traveling so easy and I love that everything can be booked in one place (airfare + lodging). It allows me to make decisions that both benefit myself and my company and that's so awesome.

Whitney

Whitney Galindo - University Recruiter review of Trip Actions

main benefit is staying organized and having one centralized location for all my travels. thank you trip actions team!!

Pros

I love Trip Actions! In my role I travel a lot for university recruiting (mostly in the US and Canada). What I love most about the tool is: -ease of use. it's super easy to keep organized with tripactions. all my traveling can become pretty confusing, so I appreciate having the specific itineraries. It's so great to have ALL of my trip info (flight, hotel, rental car etc) in the palm of my hand, in one centralized location. also the app UI is super user friendly -customer support: super friendly, helpful, and timely -trip action points: i love love love being able to collect points for my travel when i save SurveyMonkey money. i really love having the option to cash in for amazon gift card or personal travel -ability to book personal travel: i often book mine and my families personal travel via trip actions. unfortunately it's not always cheaper, but it is more convenient to have everything in one place

Cons

Just today actually i experienced a functionality that i'd like to be updated. For context, i'm going on two separate university recruiting trips to san diego in the fall (one is september, one in october). both of these trips were merged into one itinerary, likely because it's the same location. however when i reached out to your customer support team, they said that once a trip is merged, you can't unmerge it. i wish you could because it's confusing to look at two separate trips in one itinerary.

TripActions makes booking company travel easy!

Great tool that is easy to use and gives back perks in the form of Amazon gift cards. Awesome customer service and overall, a tool that makes booking company travel easy! I get notifications on my phone through the app for when I need to check in for flights, if my flight is delayed, and even gate information. I would highly recommend this product!

Pros

My company uses TripActions to manage all of our company related travel bookings for Hotel, Airfare, Rental Car, etc. This tool is easy to use and allows you to search only options that are within the company policy range, to ensure you are compliant with reimbursement restrictions. You can also earn Amazon Gift Cards for certain bookings, which is a unique feature that often helps sway my decision of which flight time or hotel I will book to earn extra value. They also have a very responsive customer service team, that is available to answer any questions regarding bookings, help rebook travel when needed, and other support related issues. Overall, a great product that I highly recommend!

Cons

There are not a lot of cons to this software for my use case. If I had to select one, I would probably say the $15 booking fee that is added on to all bookings, however, this goes to cover the cost of support. If you need to use customer support for your booking, then the $15 fee is well worth it as they manage every aspect for you in regards to questions/clarification, rebooking, etc. Since my company covers this booking fee cost in reimbursement, it isn't really a big deal for me if I don't end up using the support function for every trip.

Sandy

Industry: Chemicals

Nice user interface with ability to customize selectable options to fit within travel policy

Good experience with Tripactions. The modern user interface has a look and feel similar to those our users are already familiar with from other online travel booking tools.

Pros

I really like how the booking options display based on the company 's travel policy. This has streamlined the booking process because users are not having to get approval so long as the booking fits within the provisions of the policy.

Cons

With hotel booking, a user can select to search based on a company office location (that have been configured); however, this is not available for flight bookings. We have unfortunately had a case where someone selected the wrong airport (a 4.5 hours' drive away) because it had a similar name to the right one. This would have been avoided if the user could have selected to search for flights based on their location and the office location to which they were traveling.

More modern user interface

Susan

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Friendly UI, Missed a few setup steps that caused issues

As a growing company ourselves, I realize that it is hard to obtain good customer service for the help desk. It was pretty clear that everyone I chatted with was extremely new and at times I felt that I knew the product better than your team for those easy questions.

Pros

I liked that everything was in one site. I could put in all my frequent flyer/hotel numbers. I liked the reward program to encourage behavior among our users. I like the fact I can put in a $ to beat for hotels.

Cons

We didn't properly understand the site when we started or best practices when setting up. This led to confusion. We needed more best practices. Example: People were trying to book rooms for multiple users. These other users were not in the system yet and we didn't understand why it was working. Once we figured out that they also needed to register, it was easy. But this was after hours of frustration on the end users. We seemed to have trouble setting up our corporate numbers in TripActions. I realize that this was probably on our end with the hotel but since we never figured it out, a percentage of users need to go outside Tripactions to book our corporate rate hotels. Paying a fee for hotel only is also a big concern. Doesn't make sense to use the system for the corporate hotels and pay an extra $20.

Tucker

TripActions Review

Overall, I love TripActions. I use it for all my travel whether it be business or travel. The use of TripActions has become a major benefit to working for Hudl especially since a job in sales requires a lot of travel.

Pros

-Customer support -Interface on web and mobile -Prioritizing customer loyalty programs -Amazon rewards

Cons

-Hard to find flights with flexible travel dates. Have to try searches multiple times or open multiple tabs to find best deal.

ayesha

Industry: Security and Investigations

Tripactions review

Great

Pros

Ease of use, gamification and customer service

Cons

cancellations are challenging, pricing can vary

HR driven, not sure

Tyler

TripActions Review

Pros

I like the filters for navigating the platform. It makes it very easy to find hotels, flights, and rental cars. I love getting money back while saving my company money. This has to be the best model in the industry.

Cons

I do find that some hotels do not get listed on the site by cross referencing them to a home site like marriott.com.

I changed companies.

Pros and cons

Generally good attitude towards tripactions. Coming from non managed our team isn’t crazy about the change, but that’s more of an change management issue. Without the rewards there isn’t anything that employees are crazy about.

Pros

CSM’s are great. Help desk team usually is really responsive and helpful. Booking fees are definitely a little on the expensive side. Their reps can go and negotiate rates on our behalf.

Cons

Small issues with single sign on. This tickets been open for quite some time. Wished that could prioritize this and close the loop

Reasons for choosing TripActions

Egencia has a really dated look and feel.

Zack

Worth it for the customer service alone!

I travel weekly, and use TripActions to book my flights, and sometimes lodging. I have never had a negative experience using the software, and really appreciate the ease and simplicity it brings to navigating the process of getting around.

Pros

Beyond the low-fuss, high-ease interface for booking flights and other travel accoutrement, the customer service is beyond reproach. The CS team has helped me out on numerous times and worked minor miracles on my behalf, from last second flight adjustments to researching and answering my left-field questions on how to get around the nonsense that certain airlines subject their customers to. Happy to use, highly recommended!

Cons

As someone who likes to take a little more control over the particulars of my bookings, I find the hotel section to be a little clunky to navigate for comparison shopping.

Laura

Horrible for business travelers

It feels like nobody who works there actually flies frequently themselves. Thus, they never adequately address my needs. It is SO frustrating. This is literally the only company I've ever sought out to actively negatively review. They're masking a bad travel experience with a pretty user interface for booking.

Pros

The interface is easy to use. However, pretty products do not create for a great user experience--depth of integration and customer service do that.

Cons

For business travelers who have status on multiple airlines, this software is pretty miserable. TripActions serves as the barrier between me and my carrier of choice. It feels like nobody who works there actually flies frequently themselves. All I want to do is to be able to contact the airlines myself or have better integration so that 1) I can change things without a third party. In Southwest, I can't change in the app if my flight is late, or if I want to switch (at no cost due to my status) to an earlier flight. With Delta, due to loyalty, often if I call, they will waive change fees for me. However, with TripActions, the integration isn't there and a third party is negotiating on your behalf. It's ineffective and time consuming. Their change fees have to be approved by a manager--this makes it hard to switch flights last-minute and get home sooner. 2) My upgrades aren't invalidated. YUP! You read that right! Because the integration with TripActions and Delta is poor, I am not able to book my seat with status through TripActions. I always end up calling Delta directly to get upgraded. Most recently, though, on a long haul flight from LAX to NYC, Delta confirmed my upgrade, but when I went to check in, I found out TripActions invalidated it when they saw my new class of seat didn't match the initial one I booked. This results in me spending HOURS on the phone/chat feature between Delta and TripActions.

Response from TripActions

Hi Laura, Please forgive the delayed response. I'd like to learn more about your experience so that we can make this better for you. Would you DM me so we can start a conversation? Samantha

Replied August 2019

Jon

Refreshing experience to booking travel

Makes booking business travel a fun experience!

Pros

The ability to earn rewards from choosing lower cost options, which can be redeemed for Amazon GCs, travel, and more. Great way to game-ify booking travel along with saving the company money. The website and mobile app both have very modern interfaces and performance is reasonable when loading all the travel permutations. Setup is very easy for user preferences and loyalty IDs.

Cons

I didn't like how they split choices between rewards points earning and non-rewards points earning hotel selections. They also split between those options which are eligible for cashback rewards and those that are not. It's all to provide more options but it ends up confusing more than anything. The other thing to note is that if you are booking a new trip, Tripactions charges a set fee. So make sure you combine hotel and flight bookings otherwise you will be hit with a separate fee per booking.

Lee

Excellent communication

Fun and pleasurable. The gift card aspect creates a gamification experience that makes booking work travel fun... I honestly can't believe I just typed that, but its true!

Pros

I love the swift and helpful communication that accompanies this service. I have reached out a few times for support, and each time a representative has been incredibly helpful and responsive.

Cons

No complaints--I have had only good experiences using tripactions

Company used tripactions