Browse TutorCruncher Reviews

Jason from Teach 2 Teach

A must for all tutoring businesses

Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros

It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons

Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

Mobile optimized and feature-rich

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

Learnspeed was not user-friendly and not mobile optimized.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2020

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback! I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

Ronshea from EdRebound Tutors

December 2021

Amazing customer support and system overall!

The business is simply much easier to manage with TutorCruncher! Everything is basically all in one place and affordable for a startup company! Most importantly, TutorCruncher continues to upgrade and implement new innovative features which are key to keeping up with and staying ahead of the ever-evolving tutoring industry. Thanks, TutorCruncher for being the best in the game!

Pros

I can't stress how pleased I am with the TutorCruncher system. We are a fairly new tutoring company and this tutor management system has allowed us to present our company in a very professional way. From the tutor profile listings on our website, email reminders, one-click links (LessonSpace) down to the Transfer Wise payment / Accounting system, we are very happy with how we were able to create and integrate the system and make it our own.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but the videos help out a great deal. Batch scheduling can be super time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import an excel spreadsheet of client/student's name, date, and times especially if it's the same students and times for the entire school year. It would be great to offer the learning path, electronic assignments, and test because it would save us time and resources from having to go out of the TutorCruncher software for those necessary features.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

Affordable, free trial, and the free version where we are able to try it out first.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2022

Hi Ronshea, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that the platform has helped your new tutoring company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Vicky from Guardian Institute

Good quality software

Good! Apart from the two improvements I wrote about, I love TutorCruncher and I think you did a great job at building it.

Pros

The number of options available and the fact that it simply works. Other types of software don't always work, so I was happy to see TutorCruncher does what it is supposed to do. I like the number of options and the client-student system works really well, as does the invoicing.

Cons

Two things: 1) The software does not work intuitively. Options are difficult to find and are not where a client expects them to be. I'd advise you to work with someone who knows about customer experience in software and who is willing to update the software with your customer in mind. As a client, the software has clearly been designed by someone who is good at building software, but who is not specialised in customer experience. 2) Translations. These options are horrible. There are many words one can translate in TutorCruncher, but once I did, the original English terms appeared on the invoices, still. When I asked about this, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me the translations are just there 'for you'. For me? I don't get why it works like this. I'd advise you to either a) make sure the translated terms appear throughout TutorCruncher as well as - most importantly! - on the invoice to the client's customers, so that the client won't have to build a new invoice using Moustache. And b), I'd also be interested to work with you to translate the software to Dutch or other European languages. In that way, your clients won't have to translate at all, and it will provide you with the opportunity to start selling the software here in the Netherlands (as there is no Dutch software available atm).

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

I wanted clients to be able to pay right away for the tuition, maybe through iDEAL (the Dutch way of making payments), and even though it has proven to be a hassle to organise this, I think it must be possible in TutorCruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Vicky, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you are enjoying using our system. With regards to the translation part of our system, there seems to be a bit of confusion. Our translations work for end users only (clients, tutors, student), which is why you will not be be able to see these changes on your admin profile. We are always working to improve our system, so we would be very happy to get in touch with you and get a bit more feedback about what we could do to improve our translations and the easy of use of the system! Please feel free to write us a quick email.

Lizbeth from My Spark Tutor

Highly Recommend

Pros

TutorCruncher is a wonderful Tutoring Platform for any size business. I own a small tutoring business and this has been a reliable resource the company uses every day. The organization and layout of the client and student information is great. Tracking of lessons, reporting, and invoicing features are vital and are presented in a user-friendly way. There are many options to integrate other great platforms such as Zoom for virtual lessons. Additionally, the customization features are extensive. Overall, exceptional.

Cons

Starting out with this platform can be a bit rough. The categorization and functionality are challenging to get used to at first. However, there is a magnificent support team including [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that guides a new user through the platform and how to get the most out of it, also troubleshoot any concerns.

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

I used TutorCruncher in the past and in drawing comparisons, I realized that TutorBird was much more limited in functionality and did not have certain features I needed for my business such as creating multiple jobs for a single client at two different rates for both the client and tutors. Also, TutorBird has almost no customization.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied October 2021

Hi Lizbeth, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency & the switch hasn't been too difficult. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Ajla from Chelsea Education Consultancy Ltd

Best software

I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

More friendly for younger students

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Bonile from Footnote Tutoring Co

Absolutely useful happy with the TutorCruncher Platform!

Administration, communication, mass emails, invoicing etc was taking too much time and now TutorCruncher allows these to be setup and done quickly, enabling us to focus on growth.

Pros

We integrated the platform to our website for the tutoring company. It has almost all the functionality we needed, including a CRM management system, email automation, video integration etc. Really saves time and allows the administrators to focus on business growth. I also want to thank the Tutor Cruncher admin staff for helping us genuinely and with unbelievably high level of support.

Cons

Not sure if this is available but I haven't seen it yet. A feature for tutors to request funds from their available balances to be paid to their bank account. Currently the administrator generates a payment from their end.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher has an affordable payment plan vs. Yo!Coach; TutorCruncher has Relevant features (without limits) for our type of business vs. Hubspot

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2021

Hi Bonile, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that you've enjoyed all of TutorCrunchers functionality. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Tim from EducationWise Inc.

A Reliable Teaching CRM

Positive and overall helpful and needed for day-to-day operations of my business.

Pros

It seems to be built by someone with experience in tutoring or teaching. It has everything needed to manage clientele with some areas that could be expanded for more expansive use.

Cons

The inability to integrate several payment options like Paypal, amazon, etc. And not being able to pay in my currency (CAD).

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

I liked the logo, I liked the simple and clear website presentation, I liked the youtube videos that had a consistent image as the main video image to make finding instructional videos easier.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2022

Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped with the day-to-day operations of your agency. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Fabrice from Talk and Chalk Idiomas

Best tutoring platform managment

Our business grew quickly and there are no limit on nimbers of students our company can handle.

Pros

You have to understand and set it up the right way, one done, it works as a charm.

Cons

Some errors sometimes but quickly fixed. Need to develop the student experience and tools. Such as online docunents editions and organized pedagogical documents f9r the students to come back and revise.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2022

Hi Fabrice, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency expand and grow. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Joseph from Folwell Education Limited

Very good

Pros

Session reports are clear and I can see the activity of the tutors and the length of sessions

Cons

The number of hours delivered and usage by tutors could be clearer

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2022

Hi Joseph, Thank you so much for your lovely review! Glad the session reports and activity feeds have helped you monitor your agency. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Alexander from Russian Math Tutors

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

Pros

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Same as above

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied May 2020

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

Pippa from Westcountry SEN ltd

Changed my company dramatically

It’s a fantastic product, with fantastic support. I can’t believe anyone would sign up to Tutorcruncher and regret it.

Pros

It saves you hiring an admin person. It streamlined invoicing. With TutorCruncher running in the background, you can focus all your efforts into building your company and making it better. I was pretty nervous as a CRM is such a vital aspect of the business and difficult to change once started. But I never looked backed after.

Cons

The only real Con for me, is that it’s designed for an agency. So has all the features you would expect for self employed tutors. My tutoring business is a company and everyone is paid by PAYE, I wish I could turn all the self employed features off. Eg, the amount Tutorcruncher tells tutors that have earth, is not what they get in their wages. Also I wish it had a feature that could collect the millage to make a our tutors milage claims automated. But that is just wishful thinking.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied May 2020

Hi Pippa, What an absolutely lovely review, thanks so much! You're absolutely right that CRM is a massive business decision so really happy you're confident that you made the right choice with us! I'll have a conversation with our team today to see if there's a way we could better account for income taxes like PAYE. Tutor mileage claims is definitely an ambition too (maybe something to release alongside the app), we'll continue brainstorming it on our end. Thanks again Pippa, stay well and I'm sure we'll be chatting again soon. Best, Fionn

Good software with a range of possibilities, though it takes some getting used to.

Managing tutors' hours is much easier and saves the business valuable time.

Pros

The wide rang of incorporated functions is valuable to businesses. The ease of logging tutors' worked hours and payroll saves time and effort. The administrators can easily see the current statistics of the business, giving necessary insights. The weekly updates on jobs that have gone cold are great for keeping track of which tutoring jobs are still taking place and which have stagnated. The software also offers payment options which regrettably are not compatible with all international banking institutions. Multiple user options on a single account makes it simple to manage clients, students and tutors. The client/user support is fantastic!

Cons

The software is not intuitive to use and takes a while to get used to. The process feels as though it should be streamlined a bit as there is a lot of clicking involved. The back buttons on some of the pages do not work and do not take a user back to the previous page.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are glad that tutorcruncher helps your business to manage different functions and is easy to use for you and your users. We are happy that you can easily see the current company statistics day by day, it definitely helps you to have a overview of your business at all times. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCrucher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Stanley from Golden Key Institution Ltd.

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

Pros

TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

Cons

I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

Referral from tutor.

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

Not all in one enough for me to scale my business.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Rory from The Profs Tuition

Great piece of software

The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Lisa from Telios Tutors

Outstanding experience

Adds credibility to our agency by using a professional software.

Pros

The customer support is unparalleled; the live chat service enables us to reach out to the team should we need help at any point. However, the software has been well designed and optimises the user's experience so it's not often we need to do so.

Cons

Not much can be said at this point. Perhaps I could suggest an extra feature; there could be a list of subjects that tutors can manually "select" so that we can reach out to tutors who tutor this specific subject instead of sending out mass broadcasts. Similarly, if there are students who are studying a particular subject / level, perhaps there could be a way of categorising this so that we could send valuable content via email marketing.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied September 2017

Thank you for the fantastic review, Lisa. We are glad that the team at Telios Tutors find the system well designed and easy to use, in the event that you might need any support it is always forthcoming! In terms of your email marketing, you can create and apply custom labels to your users so that when you send out broadcasts you can target specific users.

Michelle from The Lime Zone

Tutorcruncher has literally made my administration so much easier.

Time is money and this software saves me heaps of time. It has also increased my business's capacity to grow without me having to employ another administration person.

Pros

- easy to track jobs and lessons - turned my paper lesson reports into electronic ones - empowers my tutors and clients - time sheets are managed once tutors mark a lesson complete - compared to their competition, price versus features is unbeatable - great support. The guys at Tutorcruncher area always very responsive and they are on the other side of the world for me

Cons

- Credit requests and invoicing is done a little bit different from how I used to do it and required a change to my internal business processes. If there is an amount still owing on a credit request, I'd like to see that marked as transferred to the invoice when the invoice supersedes that credit request - I don't use it to track tutor pay because our Australian casual employment pay rates are too difficult to implement. I simply export tutor hours and manually enter into Xero's payroll.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Michelle, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report. We are proud to know that we provide effective support even if we are on the other side of the ocean! We are working to improve the credit requests. Thanks again Michelle.

Jelena from Nepean Tutoring

Loving our new operating system !!

Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using. The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available. Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable. Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information. Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks. Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2017

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Chase from Club Xcite

Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours.

Pros

It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons

When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!

Timothy from Unegma

Amazing team and great piece of software to work with

TutorCruncher have been a fantastic team to work with, very helpful in their suggestions and responses, very willing to listen to feedback, and are constantly making improvements to their products and services. Looking forward to continuing to work with and use the software in the years to come.

Pros

As a developer, it has been both easy and fun to write extra utility functions to integrate with the TutorCruncher APIs (https://github.com/unegma/tutorcruncher-utilities)

Cons

As with any piece of software, there are always features and functionalities which are still in development, but we are excited to see where TC will be in a year or so, and we are well on the way to giving 5 stars.

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

"[WCBS hub] Worst piece of software I have ever used in my life " TutorCruncher have been a life saver, and are really innovating in their field.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Timothy, Thanks for your review, we are very happy to hear that you are enjoying using out API. As I am sure you are aware, we are under constant development, we too very excited about big features our team are working on behind the scenes!

Tim from Evolutionary Tutors

There aren't too many software providers you'd like to get a beer with

Too many to mention! They helped us scale, grow and manage a database of 140 clients and maintain intimate connections.

Pros

The customer support on this software is the best I have experienced. We launched our private tutoring service with 0 clients and 10 tutors and they were incredibly supportive and diligent from day 1 helping us towards success. Today they resolved a software error in less than an hour. They've thought of nearly everything in the software and I'm a massive fan of their iconic socket. I understand TutorCruncher is now facing several competitors but I can only give the highest most sincere recommendations.

Cons

The software is fantastic, a few nit picky improvements could be: pagination in TutorCruncher socket and ability to create seperate TutorCruncher socket for different types of tutors. BOTH of which I have been informed are coming soon. AKA How good?!

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied February 2018

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! Scalability plays a big role in our design philosophy and we are happy to read that we could help you to scale, grow and and manage a growing database of 140 clients. We are continuing to improve TutorCruncher Socket and look forward to you using more of its functionality. Thanks again!

Carla-Mari from Gutsy Tutoring

Tutor Cruncher is a brilliant system and the staff are super helpful and continue to improve things.

We are able to manage our daily and weekly activities for our business and also able to track our clients progress along the way.

Pros

How user friendly it is. There are so many options and categories available and they all make things so simple and easy, but are so user friendly to work with. Tutor Cruncher puts everything into place for you, so you just have to slot things in.

Cons

Sometimes things go wrong and we have to wait while that issue is being sorted out. However, the team does sort things out very quickly.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello Carla, thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and schedule management. We are very proud to know that we are providing effective support. I¿m sure you appreciate that we cannot stop 100% of problems, but what we can do is to minimise this risk and then solve them immediately. We always try to do our best! Thanks again Carla!

Wallace from Language Solution

Double the productivity

My business has about 20 classes. TutorCruncher helps me most in scheduling and billing.

Pros

- Reasonably easy to use - Make scheduling of my - Integrate the class schedules seamlessly with Google Calendar - Integration with Stripe - Account for the time zone difference for my teachers and students - Simplify the billing process - Chat support very helpful

Cons

- When you try to list items, such as jobs, students, and parents, while you can use different filters, it doesn't let you sort the order of appearance. For example, you can't list them in alphabetical order.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher provides just what my business needs with one single SaaS. The learning curve is relatively flat. And in case when I get stuck, I have the chat support to help me.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Wallace, We are very happy to hear that you are like our system and are enjoying a variety of the features we have to offer. Thank you for your feedback on areas we can improve, this is something our developers will look into updating and improving!

Julia from Julia Allnutt Ltd Chartered Accountants

Excellent software with first rate support

Saved me a huge amount of time.

Pros

I am an accountant specialising in the tuition sector and many of my clients use TutorCruncher. The accounting side is excellent and the integration with Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo works very well. I have used other tutor management software over the past few years but have found TutorCruncher to be the best by a long stretch. The support is outstanding. I have requested specific reports and features in the past and the TutorCruncher team have been very accommodating.

Cons

If you have very specific invoice requirements (especially if you require very tailored invoices) then make sure that TutorCruncher can accommodate this. Although this might be a limitation of the accounting software (Xero or Quickbooks Online) rather than TutorCruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello Julia, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are very proud that you found TutorCruncher better than other softwares. We are happy that you can now manage your accounting business more efficiently by integrating TutorCruncher with other systems such as Xero, Stripe, GoCardless and Telleroo. As you know, we want to offer excellent support, it's nice to know that we are doing it. Thank again Julia for your amazing review!

Joe from London Academy of Tutors

This was the missing piece in the jigsaw of our business. Thank you.

It means we don't need a library of files of information. All our clients and tutors info is at our fingertips

Pros

How it organises our accounting structures, and allows me to quickly create a job and post out to our tutors, and I also like the editability of the messages

Cons

I never really know what the user experience is for our clients and our tutors. I don't know when they get there reports and what happens if they pay their invoice on time. I'm sure I could find this out if I made myself a client and went through that whole process, but it would be great if you had a section of screenshots displaying the user experience of our clients and tutors at each step of the way.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Joe, thank you very much for your excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to organise the accounting structures and payment. You always have access to your Demo Branch on tutor which does allow you to role play to visualise how your clients and tutors interact and engage with your system. Thanks again Joe.

Casper from Dutch Ready

Good base features, details need work

The software itself has a lot of promise, and the team is great. We're currently working with external solutions for some of the issues mentioned above and hope to see those features implemented in the future as well.

Pros

It's a straightforward piece of software in terms of what it does. It provides lesson planning and registration, integrated with an accounting section to manage the balance a student still has available.

Cons

Some features are still missing which would be very valuable to have (iDEAL payments, multiple document upload, document search) and the design choices aren't always very clear (for instance, marking a task as 'completed' will bring you to a task list, instead of staying on whichever page you were working on). Therefore it can sometimes be a little tedious to work with, having to find solutions external to TutorCruncher, or clicking through pages multiple times in a row.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Casper, Thanks for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy many of our features. As for the suggestions regarding extra features and UX improvements, we will be sure to pass these onto our developer team!

April from Tarkington High School

An affordable software that is great for business management.

I was able to quickly connect my students with tutors that could help them with their specific needs involving coursework.

Pros

This software is super affordable and is a bargain when considering all of the extra features that you receive. I am a huge fan of the fact that the software is accessible from almost anywhere using any device including my cellphone. The monthly pricing system is great as it allows my company to purchase a subscription for as many months as we see fit instead of being stuck with it if we do not like, fortunately this software meets all requirements for both teacher and students.

Cons

The biggest downside to using this software is the fact that I can not host it on my own domain. I wish that this were possible, but at this time it is not. I also would like to see a cheaper support option initiated.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied May 2018

Hi April, thanks for taking the team to leave us a review. We are glad you think that TutorCruncher is priced to give you great value at the same time as meeting all your core needs. We do have an Enterprise price plan which allows you to have your system accessed via your own domain, though this is a premium service which we discuss on a case by case basis. Additionally, our dedicated support service is excellent value for money given the level of insight and engagement on offer. I would encourage you to take a look at these areas!

Ivan from Koderon

The best LMS system for managing tutoring service, but still not perfect

I liked the features offered by TutorCruncher, but there was a steep learning curve. From my research, this is one of the best platforms available for an online tutoring service. It's designed for managing a tutoring service, this is not designed for a teacher to manage an online classroom. Customer service is great. If they can set up integration with Quickbooks, that would be ideal.

Pros

Very responsive and helpful team, provides prompt response to your questions. Great functionalities compared to other LMS systems out there for managing a tutoring service. The company, while still relatively small, is more established than most LMS companies out there that I found. This is important, you don't want to build your business on a company that's just someone's side gig and can go away any day.

Cons

No integration with Quickbooks, which is a major pain when managing accounting. No direct integration with Zoom, but there's an easy work-around.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

The other one has no information on the team leading it, and there are no employees listed in LinkedIn, which makes longevity of the company in question.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied October 2020

Hi Ivan, Thanks so much for your review! We are really happy to hear that you have had a such a great experience with your system. We are always looking to improve TutorCruncher and explore new integrations, so we will be sure to pass your comments onto the developer team. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! Best, The TutorCruncher Team

Abigail from A Level Revision UK

A really useful platform for tuition specific businesses

As a new user I am still in the process of onboarding our existing tutors and getting clients set up on the platform. I am hoping once the full setup is complete that the system will make the process of matching clients and students much more streamline.

Pros

A tutor specific CRM platform that understands the relationship interactions between clients, students and tutors. The blogs and guides are extremely helpful

Cons

It would be very helpful to have an easy PDF guide for both tutors and new clients/students explaining to them how to use the software/the onboarding process. It isn't always easy to know what they can view and/or where to find certain information even in client view.

It was tutor specific

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Abigail, Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you find out CRM features and blogs helpful! We would also like to let you know that we do have PDF guides available for tutors/clients which can be viewed on our help site! Hope that helps!

Deborah from Davidson Tutoring

Spend time with customer service while you have the option, track the changes you make

Auto-invoicing is handy but we still don't know why the system doesn't invoice for sessions that happened. The system just ran an update that we weren't informed about it we had to start over getting to know it and make sure it was doing what we needed it to do. We are still having issues and trying to work out the bugs on our own. I wish we had better support in the beginning because I feel like I don't know the system well enough to trouble shoot.

Pros

Once automation is set up, clients enjoy getting regular updates and tutors enjoy having access to client information without having to contact us.

Cons

Customer support needs to help us fix our specific issues within the system instead of giving generic options based on the User Guide. We still have things set up the way that we would like for them to be because getting answers from support took so long and they never went into our account specifically to assist us. Our support person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) quit responding to us and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (who is nice, but not as informed) tried to help and ended up causing more confusion and delays.

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

API integration, which we hope to use next year. Customer support, price.

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher

We needed to steamline our tutors inputting their hours then billing the clients. The steps between were taking too long and we wanted a system to help sidestep all the labor intensive data entry that happened in the middle. Tutor Cruncher has helped cut down this process, but we feel like we are just working on other areas and the workload isn't less. It just moved.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied August 2021

Hi Deborah, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! That's disappointing to hear our customer support wasn't able to help assist with specific issues, but if you wanted to discuss those further you can shoot us an email at info@tutorcruncher.com and we can help you out :)

Mohammad from Beyond Tutoring

Tutorcruncher review

Has allowed us to solve many problems and make running our business easier. We've gone from using 4-5 excel sheets, to managing everything on a cleaner platform on TutorCruncher, which has led to much less hours spent on menial tasks.

Pros

It has made our life easier in terms of managing our tutoring company. We can organise our timteable, lesson reports, invoices, and sales/leads all on one platform

Cons

Sometimes lacks customisability, eg when formatting emails, invoices, etc

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher

TutorCruncher seemed to have a cleaner platform

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2022

Hi Mohammad, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform and we look forward to continue working together in the future :)

Stephanie from Brilliant Boost Tutoring

We've used the program for our small tutoring business for the last 4 years.

Tutor cruncher is a vital part of our tutoring business.

Pros

I like how there are continual updates to the software with new features being added all the time. I like how easy it is to add sessions.

Cons

I would like it if newly created invoices also contained a line that states how much they owe on previous invoices and give a total amount owing for all invoices.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello Stephanie, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are very proud that during these 4 years with TutorCruncher you have found it an effective way to develop your business. As you know, we continue to work to stay up-to-date with new technologies and more practical and fast tools. Thank again for the review Stephanie.

Bella from The Tutor Company

Tutorcruncher system is very quick and easy to learn

Pros

As someone who helps with running a tutoring company, tutorcruncher has helped us in many aspects of our company. From keeping track of enquiries and tutoring jobs to helping sort out payments with ease. It's very quick and easy to figure out the system, and great to use.

Cons

A feature that would be helpful is perhaps an ability to integrate with Monday.com, and also to link an email to send information to when a client/tutor updates their profile.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied August 2021

Hi Bella, Thanks for the great review! We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Amber from Tutoring...With A Twist

Tutor Cruncher is Fantastic!

From the moment we were deciding to purchase TutorCruncher to today, I have not found their level of service or committment to our company has laxed.

Pros

The ease in which I am able to do scheduling and invoicing has saved me time in other areas of my business.

Cons

As an everyday user, sometimes there are certain functions that I feel should happen intuitively. In these cases, I send my thoughts to the help desk and it’s been amazing the functions that have been changed in the time I’ve been with them to refelct these asks!

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Amber, Thanks for your review! It is great that you are really enjoying out system. We are also excited to hear that you have seen improvements and changes in the system when you have requested them. We work hard to take all client feedback on board!

Chiara from We Make Academics

Good software

Tutorcruncher isn't perfect yet but it has a lot of potential and I have faith that the team behind it can get it close to, if not perfect.

Pros

The range of features make this software really useful and I would really recommend it - I really like that this manages lesson delivery, scheduling, invoicing, jobs board, analytics, etc. I also am impressed with the customer service and can see that the team behind it is working hard to constantly improve.

Cons

The customer pipelines are pretty terrible and it is annoying that I have to also pay for a pipedrive subscription in addition to Tutorcruncher. The analytics could also go into a little more depth.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2020

Hi Chiara, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you enjoy our CRM features! We are always looking for feedback from our users. So please feel free to get in touch with us about what we could do the improve our client pipeline.

Harrison from Sponge Education

TutorCruncher is an effective and useful website that has improved my company's effectiveness.

As previously mentioned, tutorcruncher streamlined my company's operation, as we became larger and harder to manage. Tutorcruncher solved significant software and administration issues.

Pros

The consolidation of information, and its ease of access are the main advantages of using tutorcruncher.

Cons

Tutorcruncher can be occasionally difficult to use, with some unfortunate design flaws. One issue I had was with the labelling tutors option. Finding how to create a label caused me to apply this label to every tutor in the company, which took a long time to fix. Both the functions for creating, and removing labels en masse are frustrating to use.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Harrison, thank for your great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your tutoring business in an easy and effective way. You can apply labels to your users in bulk by filtering, this may help you to save time in labelling, https://help.tutorcruncher.com/setup/#what-is-a-label. Thanks again for your review Harrison!

Rushil from GoCode Academy

Very efficient system. Handles all the difficult and menial tasks.

Takes away all the admin.

Pros

Quickest and easiest way to create and send invoices. Pipelines structure very effective in determining qualified leads. Broadcasts are fun and interactive and very easy to send targeted broadcasts based on labels.

Cons

Integration with websites unavailable. Would like our customers to be able to create an account and book trial sessions without initially getting their details.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Rushil, thanks for leaving us a great review. We are really pleased that TutorCruncher has proved so useful in facilitating effective tutoring management helping you with payments and billing. We can confirm that soon customers can book lessons via the website, we are working to create this new opportunity for you and all your users. Stay tuned! Thank again for your review Rushil!

Florian from Students2Students Ltd.

Amazing and extremely helpful software!

Pros

The software provides almost every function you could wish as a tutoring agency. Bugs are fixed immediately and the after sales service is great. These Features is going to help any tutoring Company all over the world to increase their income and decrease their costs.

Cons

Only one Point, and only interesting for a few of you: Unfortunately, the software is still not translated into German. Maybe Tutorcruncher should consider this soon, there is a huge tutoring agency market in the German speaking countries like Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a fantastic review, Florian. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and that it helps you grow your business. Thanks again!

Zac from Newman Tuition

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

The software is great but even better than that is the customer service provided by reps. They are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons

The revenue snapshot could be more helpful (instead of comparing to previous 28 days would be more relevant to compare to the same period in the previous year).

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied January 2018

Hi Zac, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are delighted that you have been able to get so much out of our software over such a long period of time. We are always happy to provide a high quality of customer service to help you get the most out of our system!

Great software; the single platform where tutors, managers, clients and students can refer to

Central platform for all parties concerned in a tutorial company.

Pros

- Functionality - creates and records lessons accurately - Feedback system - especially fits with our business

Cons

- Ease of use - it's sometimes confusing when you want to edit previous lessons, such as deleting them, changing their feedbacks and such. Sometimes you can click into a lesson that says "Editable" but then you cannot delete it. Would be better if the rules around how lessons can be cancelled/deleted are more clear.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that TutorCruncher helps your business to manage different areas of the business, such as managing relationships with your tutors, clients and students. It is also good to know that you find the lesson report system useful when you record lessons. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCruncher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Perry from Ingenium Tutors

Tutorcruncher is a great product, I don't know how I'd run my business without it.

Pros

The features in this product take away the hassle of running my business. The ease of use is great, and the team have thought very hard about what tutoring agencies need.

Cons

The search functionality could be better at displaying results in a more user friendly way. Otherwise a great product.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Perry, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are pleased to know that TutorCruncher is helping you a lot in the management of your business, even to say that you would not know how to do without! We are happy that TutorCruncher is easy to use and allows you to perform many tasks. We are working hard to improve the functionality of the system and the search functionality will soon be better at displaying results. Thank you very much Perry for you great review.

Rich from Accolade

Game-Changer

Pros

When it comes to managing a team of tutors, this software - at least of the ones I've tried - is the most complete package: detailed profiles, automatic invoicing, filters and maps - these are just a few of the well-thought-out details.

Cons

My biggest request would be for them to integrate further payment options. Currently, Stripe is the only option, but it'd be great to have further choices.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2019

Hi Rich, many thanks for taking the time to give TutorCruncher a review, we really appreciate that! We're happy to hear that you find TutorCruncher the most complete software on the market. Besides Stripe, you are also able to take payment from your clients via GoCardless (Direct Debit), and we'll be integrating with other payment gateways like PayPal, PayFast, WeChat Pay, and AliPay in the future. We would be happy to hear from you what gateways you'd want us to integrate with, so don't hesitate to get in touch Rich!

Jessica from Club Xcite

Getting accustomed to TutorCruncher as a new platform has been very easy.

built in invoicing and credit tracking features for client accouts.

Pros

Many features are intuitive to use and don't require a lot of training. Whether its administrative features, client features or tutor features, I am able to easily address questions from all of our users. There have only been a few instances where I've need to seek out support from the TC team or reference the user guide. In those instances, I have always gotten the answers I needed with out a lot of hassle.

Cons

There are some limits to how you can sort client and student lists. Additionally, when users go dormant or jobs are finished these values still remain in the search and maps feature. It would be more helpful to have these types of values go dark in these features.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hello Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. It is our pleasure that the use of TutorCruncher is easy and functional for you, as we aim to improve the connections between administrators and other users. This means deep relationship of trust and professionalism with tutors and close connection with the parents and students. We are continuing to improve the way to how you can sort client and student lists to ensure that the data you see is always pertinent to your needs. Thanks again for the review.

Eric from Rath Education Group

Valuable Tutoring Management Software

Pros

Ease of implementation, how it takes care of every aspect of running a tutoring firm, and how it's constantly evolving for the better by aggregating the experience of tons of education companies.

Cons

No complaints really, we've used TutorCruncher for years and plan on continuing to do so.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied October 2021

Hi Eric, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped with different aspects of your company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Ben from The Fulham study

Easy to use software

Pros

Easy as a tutor to see lessons and write reports etc. Works well most of the time and helps us find new tutors too.

Cons

Funny little bugs like the back button being stuck on a loop so it is unlike a back button elsewhere. Formatting irregularities when using mobile devices or tablets

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Ben, thank you very much for leaving us a great review. We are very happy that with TutorCruncher you can manage your business easily. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and the way that you can find new tutors. We are continually working hard to create an optimal version of the system that is perfectly adaptable to smartphones and tablets. Thank you.

Rosamund from Tutor The Nation

We're very happy with Tutorcruncher, it helps us manage our volunteers and oversee our current processes.

Pros

Tutorcruncher is easy to use and highly customisable when it comes to the emails we send to tutors, the details we need them to fill out on their profiles etc. It also has some highly useful analytics.

Cons

While there are some useful analytics, there are some which would be useful but are unable to be accessed. It also isn't always intuitive to use.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2021

Hi Rosamund, Thank you so much for your lovely review! Glad the platform can help manage your volunteers & your current processes. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

steven from ServicesTutorat

Incredible customer service

Pros

Love the customer service! Also, this CRM makes our life so much easier in managing tutors and client invoices.

Cons

Nothing to say, they are a great team and they are always there to provide great customer support. Good job!

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Steven, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are very proud to know that you get great benefit from the support we provide. We are delighted that TC has helped you streamline your company's services and that it helps managing tutors and client invoices. Thanks again for your amazing review.

Jonnie from Manning's Tutors

Sometimes frustrating, but with quick resolution

The use of pipeline has significantly smoothed out our client management, making fewer errors and more punctual processing of requests.

Pros

The fact that the developers are available to chat during work hours for customer support. The response time is so fast that any issues we've had with operating Tutorcruncher have been quickly resolved.

Cons

The software is sometimes quite restrictive, meaning simple tasks can often take a long time with convoluted workarounds.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied March 2018

Hi Jonnie, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled that you have been able to better process your client management by using the CRM systems within TutorCruncher, such as the pipeline. We are hopeful that we can continue to make changes and improvements to improve your experience of using the system in line with our expectations on what using TutorCruncher should feel like. Thanks again for your feedback!

Extremely positive. Powerful efficient software which streamlines many tasks, & gives insights

Pros

Ease of use, allowing tasks which would otherwise be difficult to be performed very quickly. Extremely high quality customer support which is happy to talk you through complex tasks and to assist with the set up.

Cons

There is something of a learning curve, this said it isn't steep. It isn't entirely flexible and some simple ( but rarely performed tasks) can be a little time consuming. Occasionally I have experienced strange issues e.g. a customer who couldn't log into the system. This said, there is always an easy solution.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied November 2017

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are always eager to collaborate with our users so that we can help TutorCruncher work for them, providing solutions to problems and creating new opportunities for your company. Thrilled to see you would recommend us so readily to another user!

Brandon from Titan Tutors

This website is good and well thought out and saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's pay.

This website saves me a lot of time from calculating tutor's hours and pay compared to other websites.

Pros

I do like how this website calculates the pay and hours for the tutors. It saves me a lot of time which allows me to focus more on other tasks.

Cons

I dislike how the website keeps sending emails to my gmail when a job becomes "cold." I tried searching google and the tutorcruncher website on how to disable it, but can't find the solution. It is very annoying to have my gmail be flooded with these emails. I would like to see an option to disable this on tutorcruncher.

Response from TutorCruncher

Replied April 2018

Hello Brandon, thank you very much for you great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your business, in this way you can save a lot of time and dedicate it to other activities. TutorCruncher has many areas which you can customise, for example, you can disable these particular types of emails. See this page on our help site for more: https://help.tutorcruncher.com/scheduling/#why-has-a-job-gone-cold. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Brandon.