• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and you can learn it quite quickly with help of online webinars, the help pages, and just fishing around in the menus. Very clear and concise."

• "I like the concept and features of this software, It helps to me to monitor the projects of my team. Very easy to use and organize."

• "Overall we are happy with BQE solution that we have been using for almost a year now. Their technical support is good."

• Cons

• "little glitches here and there but the customer support is so fast and responsive and the are willing to fix the software glitches."

• "Signing in multiple users can sometimes take some time to set up, but once that process is complete everything goes extremely smoothly. "

• "It doesn't always work as seamlessly as touted in terms of storing documents - it is easier for me to keep them in project files on my computer. Not a big deal."

Browse BQE Core - Integrated Accounting and Project Management Reviews

Robert C. from Larimer Law

Valuable software for billing at a law firm

Bill quick is a perfect solution to create invoices and be able to bill many different attorneys on different projects.

Pros

The ability to customize many of its features is great. You can setup and keep track of time associated with various cases, clients, projects. There are so many reports that you can run to keep track of your spending. Able to export invoices to LEDES format. Able to import time from excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the software, the tech support team was great in getting me up and running. If you want additional reports they have a custom report group but their cost is a bit high to modify reports. It looks a bit complicated but actually it is easy to use.

Mark from MPA Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

This new year marks one whole year we've been using Core

Core has an amazing catalog of built-in reports. One thing we find ourselves often wishing for was a kind of Quick List report that would output a list of something, one item per line, single-spaced and nothing else but a clear statement of the search and filtering criteria at the top. Examples include a list of invoices overdue x days, list of current projects, list of deposits, payments, checks, every transaction ever related to a certain project, etc. These lists are handy when reviewing Core data, or bringing a quick list into a meeting, where the entries can be highlighted, color coded, and/or checked off as you go.

Pros

I have to say it has succeeded with flying colors after being bombarded with all kinds of unusual circumstances with hundreds of our architecture projects! Well done! I'm constantly amazed how well thought-out the original approach was in Core's basic design allowing it to handle all of our client's weird situations, and we're just one of the zillions of other companies using Core who do things so differently than we do. I say this with a little authority, as well, because I wrote my first program at age 15 in 1968 and I have seen (and suffered) *everything* in all the eras of computing since. Core is badass. Every system has issues, but it's important we all stop and appreciate the unimaginable amount of work that went into making Core really effective. No one paid me to say this and I'm not getting any brownie points. I'm saying this because I know intimately what the developers have gone through to make today's Core possible. Whew!

Cons

While Core has one of the best time sheet entry forms around. It would be great to have a more graphical time entry interface such as the kind iOS and Android users are familiar with when using, say, a calendar app, in which they can use a mouse or finger to draw time blocks graphically, then double-click/tap them to set the info for that block.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core - Integrated Accounting and Project Management

We selected Core for its modern design and awesome feature set which helps us run all areas of our business under one roof

Alexandra from Three Hills Engineering Ltd.

BQE Core Review

Since the minute we began to research and consider switching our project management software to BQE Core, we have felt that the team at BQE has been nothing but helpful through the process. The sales team were there to answer questions, suggest videos/webinars to get familiar with Core and to let us know about sales promotions we may be interested in. When we finally made the choice to move to Core, they were excellent at getting us set up with the software and following up on any questions we had. Since implementing Core, we have found that we have much better control over how our projects are managed, we are seeing much better performance data and are very happy with the product.

Pros

We like that there is a lot of control over how we set up our projects and the integration options available through Core. We recently made the switch to this software and find that we are able to track project time, expenses and profitability much easier than with our previous software.

Cons

Because there are so many options and settings it can take a bit of time to get used to finding what you are looking for. Things are taking us a bit longer to manage in this software - however, with more time using it and the training/support options available, we recognize this will only be a temporary issue to using Core.

May 2014

George from Coy + Yiontis Architects

May 2014

What once was great, now is junk

Pros

We started using Archioffice in 2007 in the V8 days. It was a godsend. Despite some minor glitches (it never worked with Quickbooks), the ease of use, the ability for non-computer technical staff to customize templates, and the online user guide and videos (free and easy staff training) made it perfect for a small design office. We soon transitioned all our office management and project paperwork to the system. Support was great (despite the time difference; we are in Australia). They knew their product and got us back on track with minimal stress. It was a solid product, reasonably priced, well supported, and easy to use and customiae.

Cons

But then along came AO2010/2011 (a shift in technology) and the sale to BQE. The party was over. After a painful transition process to AO2011, our data was corrupted, the custom templates we had invested a lot of time setting up stopped working, Outlook sync ceased functioning, etc. The list went on and on, as did the time spent dealing with BQE support, who seemed to have no idea what this product did or how to deal with problems on the spot. They always had to refer to a senior tech somewhere else in the world. 'Wait until AO2013,' they said. 'This will be the best version yet; everything is being sorted out.' So we are trialling AO2013 (yet another shift in technology), and we are so unimpressed. There's more frustration and more time wasted on an office system that we can barely use.

Dale from Rardin & Carroll Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great tool for the Architect's office

Overall, this is a good office management tool for the architect. We have used it for the past 10 years and find it invaluable in all we do in managing projects and running the business.

Pros

The product is great for the management of a project from time and expense reports to document management. It also manages the office contacts and calendar of events for all the employees. It will give you in real time if you are making or losing money on a project. It tracks and creates invoicing for all project clients. If you use QuickBooks, it is integrated directly with that software for complete accounting management. It is a great tool for Architects in that it is formatted for what we do (tasks and phasing of projects). If you have internet connection, you can get access to this program while on the road,

Cons

When opening up project file, it takes 2 or 3 clicks to open up a file, such as Word, PDF and AutoCAD. Very, Very frustrating. Many of my employees do not use is function and simply use Window file manager to open and move files. We should not have to do this. It uses Java in the background for some of its operations, and I am not a fan of Java... it is always updating. Updating of the software is somewhat difficult for the person not a computer nerd.

Jill from ColeBreit Engineering

Robust Software Program

Tech support is the best I've ever experienced. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Just wish I didn't have to call them so much.

Pros

There were a lot of interfaces to this software. It did everything we needed, but not everybody was on board with the difficult of use.

Cons

It was probably way more than a company of our size needed. We are switching to Squava after just a year and a half. We felt like a beta tester of this software. Our project managers thought it was hard to use, and didn't feel our data was always accurately depicted.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core - Integrated Accounting and Project Management

We went for the software that could do it all, but it was a hard learning curve for sure.

David from Liggett Design Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I highly recommend bqe - Core!

I value honesty, and I value those that take ownership. I recommend bqe-CORE. I just designed a custom report for our company utilizing the CORE Custom Report section. They were great to work with. We are now using my Company report starting January 2020. This custom report pulls in all our client project data real time. It shows whats important to us. our project team. We have many concurrent project-phases (hourly or not to exceed contract phases) under the parent project, that start one year and end the next. This custom report is a great tool for us color coded RED, showing when over budget (time or not to exceed contract fee).

Pros

We transferred 12 years of Project History to bqe CORE effective January 1, 2019. I am the Business Manager and I report directly to the owner of the Company. I keep current the clients we work with..and all project-phase information for the company , billing invoicing, using the CORE operating system. As a former Marine Corps officer. then commercial banker (15 years) I believe that People make the difference.. not machines. The people at bqe CORE, particularly the HELP DESK, are all professionals they know what they are talking about and they care. I highly recommend bqe CORE!

Cons

I wish there were more built-in invoice/report customization options

Stan from R. Stanley Morris, CPA, PC

Like the flexibility

I have used BQE product for many years. The product is stable and pretty straight forward to use and today after a long time I needed customer support. The response as always was excellent and the problem I was experiencing was resolved.

Pros

I like the flexibility and design of the software once I gone through the learning curve. The reports are straight forward and give me all the insightful data without customizing.

Cons

I find the billing process steps a bit awkward but I am used to them now. It is annoying to have to look for the most recent invoice under Invoice Review once the invoice is processed as final.

Felice from WhiteSpace Architects, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Although there was learning curve the software works for us

Pros

Time entries are easy for the project managers. When everything is entered correctly Core does give a good view as to where we are with invoicing, budgets, contract etc. For most part calling customer service is easy and the staff is knowledgeable and patient when we are asking for help.

Cons

I am not a fan of write up/down feature and wish we could turn it off as our firm does not use it. There is room for improvement in reporting area as find some reports do not show totals at the bottom and more invoice customization options would definitely help.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core - Integrated Accounting and Project Management

For it crisp user interface and wide variety for feature set design for A&E.

Susan from Van Atta Associates

BQE Support Service

Pros

ArchiOffice is an easy way to track time both billable and non-billable and to generate client invoices. In addition, ArchiOffice is able to run specific reports to help track phases and time by individual employees.

Cons

Some aspects are not intuitive. Running specific detailed reports can be a troubleshooting process until you happen to check and uncheck the correct check box. There is no user "How To" manual for reference or short video clips to view. It would be nice to see a page of every report that ArchiOffice can generate, use a dummy project and print out what is possible. I am sure that there are so many other features that our company could benefit from if we only knew the capabilities of ArchiOffice (without joining a training session that cost money)

Christine from MacLeod Reckord, PLLC

Existing User

We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Pros

I have had more time with the software since my last review. As I slowly convert the firms old data to this new software, things are falling into place quickly. I'm becoming attuned to the software. Learning little things I didn't know where there, both by playing around and talking with customer support. This software is easy to learn. Not a real big learning curve, assuming you are familiar with project management, accounting, project setup or you have people familiar with those areas. I do it all, and basically maintain everything for everyone else.

Cons

I don't have many, but if I had to pick... they are not really cons, as I hope they will expand to these later on. API with Office 365/Outlook would be a nice added bonus. For me, especially Outlook. Also API with Quickbooks desktop version. This isn't a big issue, as I hope to also phase out QB and only use that software for payroll. Which I will then have an API if I go with QB Online/payroll. I will always use QB for payroll, so I am use to doing journal entries into systems to reflect the payroll numbers. This is not a hardship for me.

July 2013

Jeff from FSF architecture

July 2013

As architects, we get set in our own way of doing things and never want to change. In ArchiOffice 2013 we found a product that pretty much adapts to how we do things. Sure we changed our methods a little, but for the most part it does what we want it to. We began looking for an office management software in 2007. We realized that the old method of using a spreadsheet was making us miss lots of opportunity for reimbursements that we could have been charging clients until too late. Just recapturing these lost revenues has paid for ArchiOffice. After 6 years, the program is so comprehensive, there are modules for everything you need in an architects office. The main points are easy; project lists, contact lists, time records, billings, and a shared calendar. But dig deeper and you get time tracking per job, project phases or tasks; time records, that at entry, keep everyone informed as to project progress; intelligent records, filling in more than you really want to know about project time expenditure; RFI logging, shop drawing logging; billings, showing cash flow and work in progress; phone call records and a shared calendar; not to mention dozens of reports, and more. For example - when a project Architect is out, and an electrical shop drawing comes in, the office manager can look up the engineer in project info/contacts, and forward the submittal on the same day. Then, they can place a task on the architects to-do list, 7 days out, noting that it should be returned; and then also they can set another task for 10 days out, reminding them again that it should have been returned. We use it for document management; scanning and storing the shop drawing when it is returned. Remote access from anywhere with an Internet connection makes it easy to reach information in the field. The superintendant, without his copy of a spec or shop drawing, can remotely access it thru Archioffice. 6 years of use, and we love it. All that glowing review, and yes, it does have a few flaws. The biggest is that Syncing with Outlook is nearly a waste of time. It can be done, but it requires that you run old Java, then run parallel Outlook files. We just don't even bother. When we do have a problem, the tech support is awesome. In 2010, after a major upgrade, I think I wore out tech support for 3 months. But currently, I think I have emailed two questions in the last 3 months. Always fast and complete responses. AO2013 is mature enough of a product that problems are few and far between. I will admit, as Architect/IT guy/Managing Partner, I use every aspect of this program - not just a few areas like most of my employees. I still look at competing programs, and haven't found one that adapts to my ways as well, or is as comprehensive.

Jaydra from Paper Investigator, Inc

Great product! Practical, customizable, and good value for the money.

This product saves me time and keeps all my cases organized so I never miss important deadlines or follow-up tasks. Well worth the money.

Pros

1) It has a nice look and it's easy to use because it is organized in an intuitive manner. 2) It is also incredibly customizable. There are so many ways to filter reports and adjust who sees which reports and when, it kind of blows my mind. I have done so many things to customize this software to my firm's needs and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. This also means it will continue to be useful as my firm grows, which is incredibly valuable. 3) It's a cloud-based software, which means I never have to worry about installing the latest updates. It's also an extra bonus layer of data security because the data is not housed on my local in-office server. 4) Tracking time is easy, and once hours have been billed to the client they are marked in the system (this may seem like a pretty basic feature, but it was surprisingly difficult to find in a case management software). 5) It talks to QuickBooks online, and it's easy to transfer data. It saves a lot of time to transfer invoice and other data from the project management software directly into my accounting system. 6) The customer service and follow-up support is great. I was walked through the initial implementation, which got me up and running almost immediately - very little work time invested in the implementation. After using the software for a few weeks, I scheduled a one-on-one training session with a BQE trainer to get all my firm-specific questions answered which was great.

Cons

My only (minor) complaint is that it does not yet also function as a CRM. I hope they add this feature because I'm looking forward to incorporating that data and function into the same system as my case management.

Amy from Whitney Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm

Pros

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy. Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years. Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cons

The only thing that would help us out would be to run ArchiOffice on a Mac platform.

Scott from Skynorth Software

The logic/use process seems to flow very well

The logic/use process seems to flow very well. The QuickBooks integration is very stable and makes sense once you understand it. The user interface looks nice, is operationally smooth and is very responsive both in design and speed.

Pros

Overall, very good. There was a learning curve, as with all software, but it makes sense once you figure it out. There are lots of connectors/features so knowing what you need is a big part of this. Support has been very good. They methodically think through processes and help with issues, configuration settings, or bugs (which I recently filed and it will already be fixed by the weekend). The software appears to do what I need it do (Project/Time/Expense Management) and may also be our replacement for QuickBooks once we get the processes figured out. The cost seems to be fair and its Tiered Usage based on user needs was great and something competitors didnt offer very well. We look forward to continue to use the product

Cons

Its big and complicated. I would spend time investing in documentation on what things really do for the back-end. For example: The QuickBooks integration is great, but finding out what actually happens is confusing. I had to set up small tests to figure out that activities really mean services in QuickBooks and you can have select what records have to sync documentation (very technical) is very good for people like me!

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Scott thank you so much for your review of Core, we strive to be cost-effective and provide a sleek user experience.

Cheri from Beyler Consulting, LLC

Great Customer Service and Support

I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Pros

Cons

I wish that the SYNC process was done with a macro and I didn't have to do anything more than schedule it to go.

Lori from MSA Engineering Consultants

Slowly getting there

Pros

What we like the most about Core is the way everything is integrated in one application instead of using standalone apps that do not talk to each other. The ease of pulling up the needed date is definitely helpful. I have liked how some of my suggestions to Core ideas have been implemented. If more of these could be fixed and added to the software, the use of the software would be more efficient and effective.

Cons

Although, BQE is working on a payroll module and i have to use a a separate payroll software to process payroll. On projects when you assign a group it doesn't let you assign to all phases and this feature addition would be great.

Teresa from ECCI

Industry: Environmental Services

Everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time

We have been using BQE since March 2015. Prior to then, we kept all project information in QuickBooks. The staff were not able to see where they were on projects since they did not have access to QuickBooks. Currently everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time.

Pros

The ability for each employee to input their time/expenses is one of the features that I like the most. I also appreciate that staff members can check time and expenses for their projects to see where they are on projects with a budget. Invoicing is now streamlined because the information for the project manager's review is on one page. Budget information is on the draft invoice which makes it easy to see when a project is over/under budget, and who has coded time to the project.

Cons

I wish there was a better way of archiving old vendor bills.

Response from BQE Software

Replied April 2019

Teresa thanks so much for your review, we are pleased you now have a one-stop shop in real time for your projects! Thanks for being a part of the BQE Family!

Jeff from C-P Systems

Industry: Chemicals

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now

Pros

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now. At this point it is difficult to imagine how our business timesheets, expenses, and invoices operated without Core. We enjoy the flexibility it allows us to utilize the functionality we need without being forced to use or pay for features that dont apply to our unique business. We continue to expand the ways Core helps our business through learning new features, creating custom reports, and exporting helpful information. As our business has grow BQE has worked with us to help stay on top of our growing needs

Cons

Improvement in Scroll & update issue when doing batch edits to approve time, update bill rates, etc. the only items actually edited are those that load. We only have 15 employees, but a month worth of time can take a very long time to scroll through. There should be an override to load all or apply to all rather than having to scroll through hundreds of entries, loading more every 3-4 seconds.

Tersa from Briscoe, Doddo and Associates, CPA, P.A.

Overall, I love the program

Overall, I love the program. It took me many years working in a very outdated software until I felt I found the right program (Core) to switch to for time and billing. It has met all of my needs so far! Love it. I have not had to call in for customer service often but when I do everyone has been helpful and I have not encountered any issues what so ever. I have not worked in the Project Management or Accounting modules of the program.

Pros

The flexibility for invoicing. The ability to email the invoices right from the program. Being able to use the program from anywhere a browser is available although I personally have not had to log in anywhere other than the office but some of my staff has.

Cons

The downside is the refresh rate. At times there is lag due to internet connection which is obviously not an issue with Core itself but the internet connection. I do regret that when entering time entries the fields do not populate faster. I would also love to see a total by day when entering time entries without having to change the date range. I.e. I set the range for a pay period, I would like to see a total for each day and for the entire pay period as a whole on the same screen without having to adjust the dates.

Timothy from TA Dumbleton Architect PC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We use this software to manage our architecture firm. I have 25 years in practice and I have used 4 similar programs - this is the best by far.

The BQE company has been very responsive to suggestions and is making steady improvements. It is nice to use software that gets better over time.

Pros

The product is very powerful and provides quick information about how our projects are progressing - it allows us to know precisely how we are doing financially on each project. I like how flexible it is - much more flexible than other similar software I have used over the years. I like the interface and the customer service has been really excellent - they have been very responsive when we get stuck, and there has rarely not been a solution to our problems.

Cons

Sometimes the flexibility of the software makes it a little unwieldy. This software requires you to pay attention to what you are doing - because you can mess things up pretty quickly. There are times when I wish it had the ability to turn off some options - I would give up some power and flexibility to make it easier to work with. Invoice formatting needs some work.

Douglas from AL-FAROOQ CORPORATION

Industry: Civil Engineering

Overall, it is efficient and beats spreadsheets in Excel

Pros

Overall, it is an efficient method and beats the spreadsheets in excel. Ultimately, the tool is only as good as the user and in the right hands any tool would suffice, but in the wrong hands no tool would produce a masterwork. Customer support is great, they are able to guide us and withing seconds to minutes we are able to validate the solution provided.

Cons

That sometimes it does not work as intended. Sometimes I need to perform the same action multiple times such as saving & refreshing in an effort to clear the stack of memory and have it read properly.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2019

Doug thanks so much for your review! We are glad you have the support needed

LYNDA from Roberts Civil Engineering, Llc

Industry: Civil Engineering

Core is very user friendly

Pros

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate. I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support.

Cons

I think the difficulties I have are related to needing a better understanding of the program. I cant say I have anything I like least about it except for the speed. I think the slowness is due to our Wi-Fi system.

Response from BQE Software

Replied April 2019

Lynda, thank you for your review. We are appreciate you continuing to be a part of the BQE Family and glad to hear Core is so easy to use!

Jamie from True North Consultants, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

BQE is a fine project management tool

Pros

We use BQE for project management. The software is just fine, but the best part is the service we receive. I have had not one but many pleasant experiences of working with support. Technical support engineers are detailed, courteous and knowledgeable. They definitely exceed my expectations! Engineers take time to understand the problem, not only come up with a solution, they sometimes help to put the solution in place by logging in my computer.

Cons

Like any other software there is bit of learning curve. More robust knowledge base would definitely be helpful.

Majdi from Onward Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Flexibility of Core made our complex billing simple

Pros

The flexibility of Core is exceptional, and their technical support is top notch. Core has helped us manage our projects and streamline our billing process, which includes 3-tier structure. Prior to Core we use to use excel to manage our multiple database.

Cons

I hope Core is going to have the payroll module soon. This will help cut down the manual steps and use of multiple application.

Response from BQE Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Majdi, We are thrilled with your 10/10 review in how Core has helped streamline your firms billing processes. Stay tuned for more information on your payroll request! Thank you for being part of the BQE Core family!

October 2011

Alexis from Henderson Architectural Group, Inc.

October 2011

BillQuick Review

Even though we do not integrate BillQuick with QuickBooks, this is an option that does sync with ease. What is nice is that you can have endless users working in this software system, independently entering their time and expenses without having issues. I have used many different software systems, and this one is quite easy to use and well worth the price.

Pros

Henderson Architectural started using BillQuick in 1999, while I began using this system in mid-2002. With the assistance of BillQuick's customer support and specialized tech support, we were able to run BillQuick more efficiently and to its full capabilities for what our firm needs. In the 9 years that I have been working with BillQuick, I have established an outstanding relationship with them to the point where they know what my needs and expectations are without me having to re-state them. The software has many capabilities, along with Crystal Reports, that allows you to design or edit existing reports/invoices to your needs. I have created special invoices for specific clients, and I am able to tie these invoices to specific projects without having to worry about them printing on the wrong template. The capabilities to tie expenses, activities, employees, etc to specific projects is endless.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for this product only because if you are in need of something special, feel there should be something brought to their attention or any issues that need to be resolved, you may email them and most likely your suggestion/issue could end up in the next upgrade.

Willie from DW Engineering

Cannot think of running our business without BQE Core

Pros

BQE Core's insightful dashboards and business intelligence tells us exactly how our projects are performing. The fact that I can review this important data from anywhere anytime is a huge benefit. We love the easy of use and the flow of the software.The important KPI's in Core for our projects, clients and staff help us run our business efficiently. Love the mobile phone app!

Cons

We track mileage extensively for our project visits. Mileage tracking on the mobile phone app will complete the app

Lee from LPI, Inc

It's about time

Pros

I've been using BQE product for more than 20 years. This is the best product thus far I have enjoyed working in after a long long time. Ease of use with excellent support. We extensively use it for easy to use time tracking and robust invoicing features

Cons

Ability to customize reports would be a great addition.

Response from BQE Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Paul Thrilled to continue having you as a long time customer! We appreciate you being part of the BQE family. We have custom reporting please feel free to reach out to your rep for more information. Thank you!

July 2016

Pam from John Staurulakis, Inc.

July 2016

BillQuick is the way to go!

There are many facets that I love about BillQuick, it's hard to pick one. Its ease of use is high on my list along with price. We have been using BQ for almost 14 years, and I have seen great leaps and bounds since December 2002. An upgrade is released every year in which BQ tries to stuff as many improvements as they can, many requested by their customers. BQ is always looking for ways to improve, this software never remains static.

Cons

What I used to like the least was the difference in time zone. BillQuick is on the West Coast while we are located on the East Coast. I previously had to wait until close to noon to call Tech Support. However, they resolved this issue a few years by expanding hours to start at 6:00 a.m. PST which means I can now call for support at 9:00 a.m. No more delay! Emailing your questions is also an available option.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you for that great review, Pam!

Edward from Consulting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I am a small consulting engineering firm and use this for time accounting and invoicing. Additioanl features and capabilites are available as I grow into them.

Pros

This is fairly intuitive for a non-programming type of user. Results have been good and reliable. Support help has been very good, both from my account rep and tech support. It is good to have backup when things get lost, and BQE has been there. I look forward to exploring other features as my needs grow.

Cons

I have the basic level program and am curious about extended planning tools and features. We will see if these are as intuitive and the basic functions.

Joseph from JHA Companies

August 2016

BillQuick, an outstanding product for professional service firms!

We switched to Bill Quick at just the right time! It allowed us to respond to client demanded invoice templates and enabled us to continue to grow without adding additional back office support staff. The mobile app is also great for time and expense entry and so is web suite for all our remote offices and mobile staff. Billing can be accomplished quickly with this product!

Cons

We work on the east coast and from time to time we have needed morning support and had to wait until support staff arrived at BQE who works in the pacific time zone. Not a major issue by any means, but still resulted is some downtime that otherwise could have been eliminated.

Response from BQE Software

Replied August 2016

Joseph, we are glad that BillQuick has been working great for you. Thanks for the feedback.

July 2016

John from Gallagher & Turchi, P.C.

July 2016

Time and expense product for everyone

The product is extremely user friendly. Employees, young and senior age, have no problem using the product to accomplish their daily activities. BillQuick conducts, at no cost, frequent training sessions where participants are encouraged to learn time saving ways to use applications. Employees in their tech department have a deep knowledge of the software. Their goal is to assist in what you want the application do. Tell the tech people what you want and they will get it done. "No problem" is their attitude. BillQuick has the best product at an economical price that I have found.

Cons

As you can tell, I like the product. BillQuick offers service/application discounts, usually for a very limited time period. Possibly these marketing efforts can be extended of existing and tech agreements users for a longer time period. It is usually easier and less expensive to sell more to an existing customer base.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you, John!

Brett from Contour Engineering LLC

Engineer Office Review

We have been utilizing Engineer Office since 2011 for a Civil Engineering and Survey firm. We have been happy with the refinements that BQE has put into place throughout the years to make it functional. We utilize it mostly as a timekeeping and billing complement to Quickbooks. In the last few years, we have successfully cut our time for billing down by implementing best management practices on entering data. Billing used to take a week from the closing date and now it only takes a day or two at the most. Overall the project management when it comes to billing is what we need to operate our business efficiently.

Pros

The billing functions on this product are very efficient when setting up correctly. The ability to have multiple fixed fee and time and expense items on an invoice is very useful.

Cons

The connection to QuickBooks can be somewhat difficult and inconsistent at times. It is best when you start fresh and have someone that understands the system. Beginners can make a mess of things if they don't understand the system.

September 2016

Debra from M. Brent Dagget, Architect/Planner

September 2016

Absolutely fabulous for tracking time and doing invoices easily!!!

Pros

The ability to track hours easily and to do invoices easily. The options for how to handle a project a great too - hourly and stipulated sum with budget %. CUSTOMER SUPPORT is absolutely FABULOUS. Have never worked with a software vendor that gives this level of customer support; I've always had every question answered and any problems fixed right away. And when you send an e-mail asking for help, it is followed up in a timely manner.

Cons

The time clock on the hours can't be adjusted to fit the situation. But, there are other free software programs that will track this and then the data can be dropped into ArchiOffice.

Bryan from AO

Archioffice Review as an Architect who does the billings

Pros

I like the ease of use, i am an architect, not a financial type, i understand this product and am able to use it effectively. It has helped us control our billings and receiveables. I also really like the customer support, Alan Schlieper, is very good at working with me in any issues that come up. I tried to mark a 10 in the ratings below, but the survey would not allow. He is that good!

Cons

I wish i could better utilize all of the services the product offers, but we are a bit entrenched in our own processes.

Brandon from BOOKS IN BALANCE, INC.

Love BQE

Love it and definitely worth a try!

Pros

We love BQE and cannot imagine running our business without BillQuick. Last year we switched to subscription and it's great to see new features that are getting added. We enjoy unlimited support.

Cons

We have been using BQE product for 10 years and it definitely is improving every year and we cannot think of anything that it does not do for us

Patricia from Karen Thomas Associates

Archioffice - 2016

Have been using archioffice fairly frequently for the past five years. I work for two companies - an architecture firm and an owner's representative. The program makes more sense for architecture firm - as it has trouble with the fee structure that we use for the owner's representative. Customer support is great - there are a lot on online tutorials, but we pay for the Gold support package - so we have a dedicated support representative who is familiar with our programming. Since our company is small - I don't have familiarity with the batch invoicing, but on an individual input - it works great. I find it pretty intuitive to pick and start using.

Pros

Access - app syncs nicely with the main project - for timesheet entry Online/web access - makes it platform independent - so you can access program on Mac or PC Duplicate projects - you don't need to start from scratch to create a project Invoice/Transaction Entry - easy to enter and track

Cons

Timesheets are not as easy as they could be - other programs allow you to enter time by the week - this is an individual entry per project, per day NTX is for the project or phase - can't be coded as monthly - tried many work arounds - nothing worked Back function doesn't work - if you are looking at a timesheet entry in a specific project - you will back out to the home page of the project - not the timesheet screen

Bryan from The Architectural Offices

Archioffice Review as an Architect who does the billings

Cons

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you, Bryan!

Kent from IPS

Awesome and easy to use

Pros

BQE is awesome it makes things so easy when entering time and billing clients. Before we got BQE we would do everything by hand, when switching over it made thing go 10 times faster. Its a great software.

Lauren from Ralph C Fey AIA Architects, PC

July 2016

I have been working with ArchiOffice since 2007. Long time user.

The product, when used efficiently by all staff is very useful for tracking projects, future work, time and keeping contacts and those involved in projects clear cut. - If staff is not using the software as trained it can be a bit of a hassle.

Cons

Future projections are difficult. Being able to share budget v actual additional services is a bit complicated. I wish we could track benefit time separately from typical work hours so properly calculate efficiency.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you, Lauren for being a long-time supporter of BQE ArchiOffice.

Ed from Newbury & Short PC

BQE is awesome. 12 years and counting!

Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. We once had a confusion about the upgrade and it was amicably settled by the customer service manager.

Pros

We have been using BQE products for 12 years now. Its ease of use has really helped us manage time and send invoices to our clients on time. Customer service is great too. Overall we are happy with the product and services

Perri from Site Development Associates

amazing support!

Pros

The software handles billing and time expense with great ease! There are 100s of invoice templates to choose from, as well as a report for any situation. I especially liked liked the Link to QuickBooks. Very useful. I've never had any kind of technical/ software support that was available immediately with No Wait!!! Pleasant and always Professional.

Cons

The availability of 100s of reports, invoices, and other options does make the software a bit complicated for the new user. Thank goodness you can call for help!

Response from BQE Software

Replied March 2019

Perri,thank you for the wonderful feedback, and glad you know you can always count on us to help. We appreciate and value your feedback

July 2016

Martin from EnviroScience, Inc.

July 2016

A well rounded time and billing system

The system is very comprehensive and flexible. We've got a number of divisions that each operate quite differently and BQ handles them all. In a few cases, the BQ staff have been able to work with us to provide customization that proved very helpful. Training and support is an area where BQ really shines. You can always get helpful support when you need it. We also value that the software is DCAA compliant.

Cons

Integration with QuickBooks is not as good as they advertise, and information only flows easily one way. Also, the accounting package which cost extra has a long way to go before it comes close to the functionality of QuickBooks. The fact that it doesn't import Quickbooks reports was a major reason we don't use this add-on.

Response from BQE Software

Replied August 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Martin. Much appreciated!

September 2011

Craig from Fusch Architects

September 2011

ArchiOffice is a useful program for architectural practices of all sizes. You should consider this software even if you are a one-person firm. Our firm has 12 employees and we use Quickbooks as our accounting software. Before ArchiOffice, we used Quickbooks for time slips and invoiced our clients directly through QB. But we could not easily track our project billing progress vs. our project budgets, much less profitability and the ability to break out our additional services. ArchiOffice 2011 is a one-stop program that contains all of our project info, contact info, and time slips in one location. It is kind of like Outlook: you open it up first thing and leave it open all day long. No longer does a project manager have to ask the bookkeeper about a client's invoice, where we stand on a project budget, or if the client is fully paid. ArchiOffice pulls the right data out of Quickbooks and puts it back in the firm Owner or project manager's hands where it belongs. Quickbooks then becomes a simple General Ledger... All of your financial and/or project reporting are available at the click of a button. This software even works remotely over the Internet, so you can run reports or enter your timesheets while away from the office. The security levels built-in also restrict the information to those who do not need access to it. We started using the program in V8 about February of 2009. We've been through AO2010 and are now using AO2011. Customer support is immediate. We have had our share of issues, but typically they were resolved in a few hours. The ones that weren't, usually were fixed in the next service release.

Sonja from SAGE Engineering Services Ltd.

Just amazing!!!

Pros

We have been using BQE Online product for almost 2 years. Customer service has been very receptive and all of the support engineers we speak with are knowledgeable. We recently reported a usability issue in one of the areas of the software, the issue was right away recognized as a friction and top management got involved to make sure it gets expedited

Cons

There are some things that bother us but we are sure BQE as usual will take a timely action to resolve them

Scott from Zon Engineering Inc.

Core is the best time and project management software we've encountered

Core has improved our team member's time entry processes, as time is entered more regularly.

Pros

Entering time into each project is easy and can be done in a variety of ways. Invoicing and expenses are able to export to our Quickbooks accounting software.

Cons

If there was a way to develop a plugin for web browsers to enter time without going to the website, or having a desktop application, it would help with getting team members to enter their time more regularly.

July 2016

Debbie from KLM Planning Partners Inc.

Bill Quick Rocks!

We really like the software because it is really user friendly and the customer service at Bill Quick is outstanding. We were really amazed that Bill Quick was able to set us up remotely and everything was absolutely seamless. We were a little skeptical at first because we are located in Canada but that wasn't an issue at all. We also like how easy it is for Bill Quick to integrate with Quick Books. We were also very impressed with their customization of all of all our invoices and reports. Their on line web training is also very good. Everyone at Bill Quick is very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Cons

There are no dislikes we are very satisfied with the product.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thanks, Debbie!

Vivian from Mills Group, LLC

Great customer service

Pros

I called worried about our data migration dates between AO and Core and rep fixed Everything and put my mind at ease. Our transition will now be so much smoother. Feeling more positive about Core!

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this time.....

JULIAN from meneses engineering

BQE Software great for emerging firms and beyond

Pros

BQE support staff, screen sharing feature.....very patient with someone who is not an accountant. The software handles our timesheets and invoicing which is primarily how we utilize it. The software has all kinds of reports we utilize to monitor the health of our projects.

Cons

The learning curve, but that is with any product.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core - Integrated Accounting and Project Management

Support staff and a webinar with live presenter.

Ann from Langley & Associates

This is only my 3rd month using the software

This is only my 3rd month using the software, so my review is limited by my brief experience. With that said, I have had some challenges, but mostly because there are SO MANY ways to get data from AO, that it's hard to set the right criteria. That's where support from customer service has been a recent lifesaver!!!! Support was GREAT in getting us up and running very quickly, and covering the basics so we had no downtime in our billing, but the representative has been the BEST at helping me get through the day-to-day "Why isn't this doing what I want it too?!!" challenges. She is always quick to respond, either by e-mail or by phone/remoting-in often both. As for the actual software, I'm overall, very impressed so far. There are a few things I think could be easier to navigate, a quick link added here or there, but I'm getting used to where to find things. Regarding features and functions, most of what I've asked to get, output-wise, has brought the response, "That would be a custom report set-up." That's getting a bit frustrating to hear, but I do think this system will be very helpful - once we get all of our data entered, and we get used to using the system.