• Pros

• "Customer support has been excellent. easy to use"

• "I like how easy it is to use on a day to day basis. It is very user friendly and easy for anyone to pick up. The customer service has also been outstanding!"

• "Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online."

• Cons

• "- Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component - Useless android app! "

• "The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books."

• "Some of the book keepers need to get up to speed initially, but it doesn't take long."

Browse Kashoo Reviews

John from Terra Group

Great software for people building their business

For 90% of small business of 10 emplohees or less, Kashoo is the way to go. It feels light, utilizes the Cloud for storage, has terrific support, and is easy to learn and utilize. Im comfortable in growing my business, and letting Kashoo grow with me.

Pros

The key in selecting accounting software is not how much it can do for you, but how much support you can get after you take the plunge. With Kashoo, the support is unbelievable. Utilizing their Chat feature will get you a satifactory answer in a matter of an hour or so. I've never felt like I got a less than complete reply. Why? Because they know their product, and are not paid to sit and answer questions all day long about something they don't use. I cant say that for the other software systems I've tried. I'm now running 3 businesses off of Kashoo.

Cons

The bank feed somehow gets hung up each month...not sure why. Wish there were more check templates that utilize a common standard (QuickBooks, MS Money) Wish the Client fields were more customizable, so reporting could be more robust.

Ken from Living Water Digital

Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!

The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros

Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons

There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses.

I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros

Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons

Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

Reasons for Choosing Kashoo

The amazing support, the mobile app, and the constant updates and feature upgrades.

Kent from Advanced Directions

Kashoo Accounting Provides Adequate Solution

Overall Kashoo does a pretty fair job. It served its purpose for about a year but was ultimately replace with a more feature-rich package.

Pros

I liked the fact that Kashoo is an online solution and could be accessed from anywhere. The interface was fairly intuitive and easy to follow in most places.

Cons

Kashoo is a fairly good solution for online invoicing and billing but for the price lacks some of the features that you would expect.

Esther from Shining Star Studios

Industry: Photography

Good alternative to Quickbooks

Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros

I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances. I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons

There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

Leslie from Greene Play llc

Industry: Farming

love the user interface and chat feature!

When I first started my horticulture business (capterra- why is horticulture or even landscaping, not an industry option?!?) I kept books on paper and had to learn book keeping from the IRS website and other online (free) resources. When I decided that I really wanted to go digital, I tried multiple online book keeping softwares before finally settling on Kashoo. My experience has been really great! Every time I have a question it has been either easily answered through the online tutorials or by using the Kashoo chat feature. Even when I make a stupid mistake, customer service always seems happy to help me unravel and correct it. For comparison, another organization that I was on the board of uses quick books and every time I had to use it I was more greatful for Kashoo! For someone who didnt learn book keeping on quick books- looking through the accounts to find the information I need on Kashoo is so much more intuitive.

Pros

Ability to view accounts, excellent customer service, helpful tutorials

Cons

for me there really havent been any cons. That said, my accountant had never heard of it- not really a problem, just disappointing to me, and of course I would love to pay nothing for bookkeeping

Carma from E-learning

Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur

I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

Reasons for Choosing Kashoo

I discovered that Quicken supports organizations that go against by religious beliefs and do not want to have my money go toward those causes.

Making Finances Easier for a Solo Business

I got the program at a discount with lifetime access, so it's definitely worthwhile for that price. I can't say how much it would be worth for a monthly or annual fee. That's the only reason I don't rank it higher on the "would I recommend it" scale.

Pros

I've enjoyed having an easy online place to enter my income and expenses for my small business. The dashboard is pretty straightforward. I believe there are additional options I haven't explored, and they are constantly making improvements. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do at tax time, and I fully expect it to make things easier.

Cons

When I have a one-time client or expense, I have to take an extra step to add them as a client before putting in the transaction info. It would be nice to have a shortcut for that, and only add them to the client/expense list if it will be a repeat. But perhaps it's hard to know for certain when that will be the case.

Randy from Farm business consultants

Good software for bookkeeping

It is a great software that help people on day to day bookkeeping.

Pros

This software is very easy to understand for people who do not have accounting background. I taught my clients for this software and then can learn it very fast, there is always someone to help you online. Great software in the market now.

Cons

Some functions are confusing for example, to overwrite GST or PST. There is no formal instruction on how to perform these functions

Brady from Professional Training & Coaching

So much nicer to use than many others

My biggest issue with online accounting software has been that I run three separate businesses and I have had to have 3 separate accounts using the competition and I can now check my accounting from one login. Also, I had to pay extra to allow my accountant and bookkeeper have access to my numbers but that is included in my Kashoo account and after almost 8 years with a competitor, I'm done with them. Kashoo is the future of online accounting.

Pros

- Everything was so simple to set up - had all my banks, which is rare as I'm Canadian and often accounting software has either only US banks or a tough process to get my banks to integrate - Customer service experience has been amazing!

Cons

It's not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the others. That's it so far.

Great Software--If You Don't Need to Connect Any Bank Accounts

Ideally, Kashoo would be that accounting software that provided accurate cash flow statements and analyses that were no older than 2-3 days, and would include not just bank account transactions, but also credit card spending and transactions. In our office, any bills or charges that are setup for automatic payments or auto-pay are linked to credit cards, rather than our bank account(s). If I could get Kashoo to function properly with our credit card AND bank accounts, then I would save myself and our CPA tremendous amounts of time and paper clutter at tax time because I could provide statements or reports from Kashoo with itemized expenditures for all accounts. Alas, until Kashoo can resolve its synchronization issues with our financial institutions, then I'm forced to go through and annotate each credit card statement with the expense type, etc. then email or fax each statement to our accountants...

Pros

After reading so many great reviews about Kashoo and its comprehensive but UX-friendly accounting features, I was super-excited to purchase a steeply discounted subscription/membership on App Sumo several months ago. I was particularly looking forward to being able to sync multiple company bank accounts, as well as our daily credit card sales from Square POS, in a single application. The Square/SquareUp integration is among Kashoo's strongest features in my experience, as I can't recall any synchronization issues or glitches accessing Square data in Kashoo. It also has an iPhone app that's fairly functional, albeit wholly utilitarian in its look and feel. However, considering how much data and memory are consumed when running most accounting programs, the Kashoo app manages to be easily sync-able and fast, which I wasn't expecting...

Cons

Connecting bank accounts and accessing transactions has been a thorn in my side from Day One. I've tried multiple browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.--and tinkered with firewall and security settings far more than I probably should trying to get Kashoo to work correctly with operating account at PNC. I don't know if it's because of the number of transactions or the fact that there's a secondary trust account attached to PNC's online business banking, but I cannot get some of the most crucial bank and credit card accounts to work properly on Kashoo. I've also had issues with credit card accounts and have tried deleting and reconnecting accounts so many times that I'm to the point where I haven't even attempted to open Kashoo in weeks.

Rick from LINE-X Niagara

Perfection (Almost)

We absolutely couldn't run our business as efficiently as we do without Kashoo. It allows us to be agile and respond to our customers' needs in an instant if necessary. We've had many of our larger customers ask us if we could help some of their other vendors to get better organized. With the help of Kashoo, we've set the bar for others to reach.

Pros

We've been using Kashoo for many years. The ease of use is amazing. We know exactly what is happening in our business at any given moment. Although we typically don't use the mobile apps, they are useful if your business model is more suited to mobile. The web app is solid. Uptime is impressive. Support is quick and thorough. Most users wouldn't notice but when you get a bit outside the box you're going to need some assistance from the support team. Some tasks are quite involved when you get past the ordinary. No worries though, the support team is there to guide you through. What we like most is the flexibility of the software and the multi-user capability.

Cons

Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque. We would really like to have some inventory control tied into invoices. The new statement feature is nice but we would like to have control over the fields displayed in the report. In particular, we would like to be able to have our customers' PO numbers listed so that they can more easily cross reference our invoices.

August 2016

Vivek from Squirrel Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

August 2016

Superb, snappy, comprehensive!

When I set up my business 5 years ago I knew I would need an easy-to-use accounting system. As an accountant myself I needed one with all the bells and whistles, and as a business owner I needed one that was easy to use from anywhere and fast and flexible. After experimenting with a number of unhappy options, I stumbled across Kashoo and it was love at first sight.

Pros

Clean, snappy interface; support for serious accounting (adjustments, transfers, trial balance, general ledger, supporting documents) over and above simple receipts and payments; cloud-based & browser-based so allows me access from anywhere and peace of mind regarding data security and backups. And I can share it all with my auditor sitting miles away at his Windoze PC so he doesn't have to take up space in my home office, where I happily update Kashoo using my iMac :)

Cons

Maybe a tad more support for drag-and-drop would be nice as would the ability to open it in multiple windows so I can cross-check and tally stuff a bit easier than going backward and forward in the same browser window.

Jeff from Fireboy Creative Inc.

I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business

Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request) The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine. Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base. My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros

Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons

I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

Carrie from Chase Auto Body and Restoration

My Kashoo Experience

I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Cons

Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

Response from Kashoo

Replied December 2016

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at answers@kashoo.com, and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

Glenn from Garcia's Trading VBA

Industry: Cosmetics

Review kashoo

I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay. Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pros

Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Cons

If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

Mike from MitchCo.

Great support

overall very good

Pros

Customer support has been excellent. easy to use

Cons

invoices are the most important thing. They are how we present the Kashoo product to our customer. The invoicing needs more functionality. i.e.: I need to be able to delete a line or line items and I can not. Not being able to do this can make an invoice look sloppy. if a client is tax exempt I have to make every line item a non tax item - better would be one bulk action, one button that says customer is tax exempt. I would also like to see a quote or estimate option. If a client wants pricing, I need to send them an invoice. if the client decides not to go with us, that invoice is counted as income.

September 2016

Diaa from Qatar Green Leaders

Industry: Architecture & Planning

September 2016

Best Accounting Solution for SME's

Being the owner of a small company with no accounting background at all made my decision to handle accounts a crazy one, but thanks for Kashoo who helped me overcome this challenge successfully! A well developed piece of software with a huge bunch of educational videos and guiding articles, equipped with excellent customer support is exactly what you look for when you are starting your first steps in accounting. Kashoo made my life easier and gave me full control over my cash flow!

Pros

- Ease of use - Accessibility across different platforms - Realtime save and backup - Well designed interface - Fully customizable invoices and reports - Full-featured iOS app for iPad.

Cons

- Lack of a generic (non-US) payroll/HR component - Useless android app!

Ken from Tween The Tides

Industry: Restaurants

Basic Software at Economical Price

We are running a seasonal fast service restaurant with 20 employees with a pretty simple chart of accounts. I use QuickBooks Online for other businesses but I was looking for something less costly which integrates well with our Square POS terminal. Kashoo does a great job with Square and it is less than half the price of QBO, but with commensurately less functionality.

Pros

1) Automatically lists the latest entries in income or expenses or other accounts if you select them. 2) Easy to learn and to get going 3) Excellent integration with Square allowing you to run detailed excel reports to slice and dice your Square transactions to your heart's content.

Cons

1) Bank account transaction matching is cumbersome and a bit clunky. The top half of the page is what you've matched, and the bottom half are all the entries in Kashoo INCLUDING matched ones. The bottom half should really be just the unmatched entries. 1a) You can't run a report on matched or unmatched entries and if you select or download the bank account account it does not tell you which entries are matched. 2) It won't add up sub accounts on an income statement 3) In general, if you want to run reports the answer is excel, but excel isn't that bad: it's just a pain to dump it, format it, sort it , etc.

JC from Bruce & Associates LLC

Kashoo Online Accounting Review

Again, for the money it is suitable for small companies.

Pros

We started using this product because the first year was free through Liberty Tax Service. Additional account costs are attractive. So cost is what I like most about the product. I do like the layout/appearance of the P&L and Balance Sheet. Also like the Bank Connect feature.

Cons

Inability to get totals within the apps modules, limited reporting capabilities, unable to filter by date, name, detail, etc. Wish this product was a bit more robust, so that exporting to Excel wouldn't be necessary.

Michael from Discovery GeoServices Corporation

Industry: Oil & Energy

Very good for what it does, and customer support is fantastic

Good, but needs additional functionality to be super!

Pros

It is simple and straightforward, and gives me generally what I need.

Cons

I really, really need the ability to do more than just 'Projects'. I really need to be able to nest 'Projects' or use categories and classes like Quickbooks. Plus, I need to get my data into a spreadsheet much more easily.

Ben from 49er Class Association

Multiyear user

Great!

Pros

I've been using this software for 5 books for about 5 years now. I'm not an accountant, and it's so well laid out that I really prefer this to any of the other systems I've tried. It's all put together for a entrepreneur to use easily. Over the years I've needed support and help a few times, and each time I've had the issue resolved by a real person very quickly and easily.

Cons

Deborah from Earthwave Entertainment Inc.

Great accounting program, easy to learn and use, but report formatting needs a lot of work.

I know that the look of reports is not a top priority in accounting software, but a clean, professional look does matter to me. I have been advised by Kashoo that they are working on them but it has been months now and nothing has been fixed. If it wasn't for this issue, the software would get a 5/5 from me. I really like using the program and don't want to switch to something else.

Pros

Has everything I need to run my small business Easy to learn and use, not a huge learning curve Canadian product!

Cons

Data entry requires a lot of scrolling up and down Report formatting really needs work: - Accounts are not in numerical order - Columns don't line up - Some reports have no title or date range, I have to add them manually (statements and ledger) - Font headers are huge and can't be adjusted, creating way more pages than needed - No way to adjust page sizing (often get one line on a second page when it would easily fit on the first) - Report templates are not customizable, they can only be fixed by Kashoo.

Daniel from Still Partners, Sea Cliff

Industry: Restaurants

Kashoo Online Accounting

Kashoo is one of the small companies that is competing with the big guys. Their support is fantastic, their product is easy to use and constantly updated for features and usability. You can do it from your desk, from your tablet, or from your phone. Personally I do all 3!

Pros

Very simple and does almost everything the giant products on the market do.

Cons

Really could use some more color. But that's just me, I like color.

They have been around for awhile

Kashoo is a decent invoicing/accounting tool. Unfortunately, for them, there many decent invoicing/accounting tools and many of those tools offer more features for the same price or less. It is tough for Kashoo to go head-to-head with something like Wave apps when Kashoo offers no mobile apps or OCR capture. Apps like Hiveage or Nutcache are more modern and have apps. Self-hosted tools like PancakeApp and Invoice Ninja are more full-featured and allow for multiple business profiles. Overall, Kashoo is a functional app but not one of the top offerings.

Pros

The fact that the app has been around for many years speaks to its stability and viabilkity. The design and interface has improved through the years. The site is clean and the pricing is simple.

Cons

No mobile apps, no OCR receipt capture, somewhat difficult UI. No ability to oversee multiple businesses on one account.

Stuart from IOI Design

Very easy to use.

Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pros

Portability, ease of use.

Cons

Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

Response from Kashoo

Replied January 2017

Stuart, Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

Liliana from FBC

Easy and faster accounting program

Online assitence is great , Kashoo team have the knowlede and quicky answers when I have quesions or need solved problems

Pros

The online program doesn't need to update and lost the information. I can attach imporant document in the entry and keep there.

Cons

-Report where shows a detail of accounts payables and accounts receivable.

August 2015

Keisha from AthleticYogis

August 2015

Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!

My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client. I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

John from OnlineNZ Consulting Ltd

Kashoo Review

No problems

Pros

Use of navigation and pop up help topics

Cons

Income and Expense pages dont "spring" back to last use eg looking at entries on say page 3 for example then leave that page but have to cycle back from latest listing page to page 3 Perhaps also better prompts on what to do at year end

Robert from feYerwerks

Easy and beautiful!

I really like being able to do everything on my iPad. I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done!

Pros

iPad app

Cons

invoicing is a little fussy and the graphics are a little complicated. Need to make it easier to identify and manage unpaid and past due invoices

Zev from Precifix LLC

Industry: Program Development

Great accounting software that does everything I need

I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros

Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons

I would like to see updates more frequently.

Dave from Bleeding Heart Art Space

Industry: Music

Great Canadian Accounting software

I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Pros

Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Cons

Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

Dan from Dan X. Nguyen

Industry: Law Practice

If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo

I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

Pros

I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Cons

Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

Pricing and features.

John from John Jemison

Flexible software

One of the really good things is that you can use the software in a simple way but it can also grow to include more features. Means that you can get to grips with bookeeping and add function as you and your business grow

Pros

It's flexibility

al from Mid-West ForkLifts & Equipment

Industry: Machinery

Great Service , Please adjust the last U.I. change

I find that the last U.I. change was a step back, some functions are a bit harder to find. I can see what the goal was, but I think things like renaming receivables to "unpaid invoices" for example is less clear, and a bit silly.

Andy from Addictive Archery

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great Accounting Software and App. Especially for a regular Joe like me.

I like the way the Mobile app works seamlessly with the desktop version. I'm on the go a lot, it's nice to use an accounting software that keeps up with me. Its easy to use. When I do have questions the Customer Service is top notch. They also have timely emails and webinars to help you prepare to tax season and the like.

Pros

Easy to use both online and on mobile devices

Cons

None that I have found yet.

Chris from Glossworks Alberta Ltd.

Better than Quckbooks Online

Pros

Cons

The fact that it does not work on android.

Adam from Red Light Roastery

Good. Would be great IF...

Pros

Ease of use. Customer service is good Everytime I need them.

Cons

No Android app. Ridiculous. Needs dual layer security for login.

Randy from Farm Business Consultants Inc.

Good software and very easy to use

We have used Kashoo to help our small business owner to get their own books. By doing this way we made less mistake on bookkeeping and saved our clients lots of money.

Pros

1. Very clear interface, when I show this software to our client they could easily understand. 2. Very functional, I can enter all the data efficiently, this software also remember entries. 3. Support is always there, every time I have question I can just live chat with the support and get my answer within few minutes.

Cons

1.for our client from china we may need different languages to help those who does not understand English able to make their own books. 2. A comprehensive training would be best for users. 3. More features helping client like scan in or suggestion entries for better client experience whenever they need support.

Jimmy from Various

October 2015

Clean, clear interface, quick processing, reliable, and does everything I need it to do!

As with all cloud based software, the ability to access my accounts from anywhere is very useful. Because it's all online I was anticipating an element of sluggishness in response times but I can say that I was proven wrong and the application works very well and quick. It does pretty much everything I need it to do and the layout is logical and easy to navigate. There are a couple of things missing (proper Standing Order engine and statement distribution come to mind), but I have tried a few accounting system and found that none of them cater for ALL my needs (some will always be missing) unless I'm willing to spend a fortune. Kashoo covers the important ones - I can live with the ones that are missing - but having said that, their customer service is excellent and these issues are being addressed and shortcuts put in place to alleviate their absence, so I'm happy overall. The most important aspect is fulfilled - reliability. I can't afford to find my accounts unaccessible, and to date they have been very robust and reliable. I've never had any problems with access to my accounts, and they include enough reports to also allow you to download the entire database should you want to. I would certainly recommend them.

Alice from Alice Barton, LL.B

Industry: Law Practice

Happy to Support Canadian

Generally fine. I don't like that they doubled my fee last year and I am still considering moving elsewhere but haven't had time to test the other options.

Pros

I like that it's in the cloud and accessible anywhere. The customer service is also very responsive

Cons

It has some quirks that are not intuitive, and a few random software glitches. I have no fear for the security of my data but as a non-accountant/bookkeeper I struggle with a few things.

Ran from Lime Web Inc.

The only real alternative to Xero

I have been using Kashoo for a few weeks now. The product itself works great and is easy to use, though some features could be more intuitive (double taxes for e.g.) Support is awesome - and the solution is highly configurable. I have tried Wave and Quickbooks before - If you are in Canada - this is certainly the way to go, as this has Canadian payroll integrations built in (hint: there is more than payroll provider you can use !) This is the only real competitor to Xero (which I haven't tried). Amazing!

Pros

- So far - everything is configurable - Great online documentation - Integration with payroll - The service is amazing

Cons

- Some features are not out of the box or not intuitive enough, so you have to ping-pong support even after browsing through documentation. Luckily, support is amazing and answers politely, accurately and within a few hours. e.g.: - Double taxes which apply in some provinces - was able to figure it out with support - French Invoices (hey, we're in Canada and Kashoo is Canadian!) - was able to figure it out with support (had to do the HTML myself, but the tool permits that which is better than Quickbooks and Wave I have tried before)

Roongnapha from Muro

October 2015

Very good app with affordable price

I do appreciate your application, it's easy to use and track. anyhow, there are more functionalities that I really need. - need to have a weekly income vs plan graph feature , we can put our monthly plan or yearly plan of income then app can breakdown into weekly target. then graph help compare the income and the trend of the plan in each week. So, people don't need other financial app to fill their target vs actual just to see the trend of their planning. - need the mass update on the payment status. i have a problem when i have to change status from 'due on receipts' to "paid" , this is when i need to update 10-30 transactions at one go.Or you may have solution already only that i didn't know. So, you can suggest if you have solution in place. - for the export file to Excel, anyhow the database does not filled in every cells, since you will keep some cells blank if they are the same category e.g. terms of payment account. i have to use excel function to fill all cells before i can do a pivot table to analyse my data.This pre work with filling all cells really waste my time. i need a complete database exported. So, that i can filter or pivot right away after exported.

David from Hunter Vision

Kashoo is awesome!!

Pros

What a great app! This is perfect for a small business/ entrepreneur! As a realtor, its perfect for me to keep track of all my receipts, etc!!

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons! Overall very simple and straightforward. The overall layout/look of the app isn't my favorite. But not concerned with that. Works well!

Miguel from SingularDTV

The Online Account Software for Startups

My overall experience is that my accountant loves this, and everywhere I go I automatically turn heads because this software makes me look professional even though I am a Company of One.

Pros

It has a very clean look and the fact that I can look at my statement very quickly is amazing

Cons

A step by step onboarding would be ideal.

John from MaineBees.com

Kashoo for a small company

Top draw other than above.

Pros

Its very user friendly, fairly priced and always available

Cons

Email function needs fixing (cant send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail Also, it would be nice it store scans or have a folder on customers. Otherwise, very good.

Harmik from Blue Skies Accounting

Great Software for small businesses

Pros

Cons

It currently doesn't have the ability to link creditcards which would be awesome as some of my clients grow. I think it's a feature that's coming however

Geoff from Marketing and advertising

Kashoo is Excellent Business Accounting Software

It has been great. Everything for the business in 2019 is completely current. I can track all income and expenses easily.

Pros

Downloads bank information Ease of Use Price No recurring payments

Cons

I had no cons for the software. I have used some high-end software programs and Kashoo is better.

Nicole from J Global

Excellent Customer Service is their Winning Point!

Pros

I love this app because it is - simple to use - no technical skill needed - IOS app to record the expenses at any time

Cons

This is not a must but if it can be done then it is perfect. Need to integrate with Payoneer.com

Charmaine from Apex Farms

Industry: Farming

Co-Owner

I love the reports.

Pros

If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month