• Pros

• "I like that it's easy to use and it does everything automatically "

• "Love this! I can keep my files, slides, images and so on all in one place. In addition, I can share and allow others to edit things as needed. Amazing . "

• "Great value. Very user friendly, convenient and useful for all files related to my work environment. We all use it here and it is great"

• Cons

• "Almost no complaints. Its high end GPUs are a bit expensive though. Also, when instances are created in other regions, some error keeps giving them USA as their location."

• "If you have many access keys and services the management site can get a little messy, but once you get used to how to enable and disable api's and then where to go to set them up, all becomes easier."

• "Low storage capacity can become a problem. besides, it is a bit expensive. however, it is very easy to use and I love that"

Browse Google Cloud Platform Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 2095 results

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Andrew from Owlstone Medical

Industry: Research

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.

Stiliyan from SoftUni

Good or not?

Complicated - really hard to handle things in there, but overall it was exactly as a normal cloud storage, where I kept my files.

Pros

I am a little bit confused and hesitate a little as well. I know that a lot of famous and big companies use Google Cloud Storage, such as Twitter, Pay Pal. I tried it. There is a good part that you don't have to pay to try it. I am really not as satisfied as other cloud storage. Maybe there are different pros and cons and since I am just a single user. Maybe it's more into big companies with different kinds of things to keep in them. It works like a normal Cloud Storage for me.

Cons

Maybe it's way easier to use other Cloud Storages. Everything in there needs to be google-searched to understand how to use it or how to find where it is. Things are complicated in there. I am just not as satisfied as the others.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

I already did a review of Google Drive. I am satisfied with how easier and practical it is. Way better for personal single-use users. Overall, everything felt much more easier to use.

Gaurav from Gordon Food Service

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

Pros

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe. - Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files. - Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Brandie from Madison Place Community Church

Invaluable, Can't work without it...

Google Cloud Storage is a fantastic tool that helps our team stay organized and efficient. We literally couldn't work without it. The fact that Google Suites apps are free is also a big plus for our ministry.

Pros

The Google Cloud Storage integrations with the other Google Suite apps is the best part about it. It's easy to use and share items between other Google users and Google apps.

Cons

The interface is a bit clunky and could be built more intuitively. It's not as 'easy to look at' as some other cloud storage apps.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

The Google suite of products are second to none. There are other cloud storage apps out there but Googles integrations with the other Google Suite apps makes it the best and only choice for us.

Max from SparkCognition

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

GCP is almost half the cost of other cloud platforms and much simpler to use.

Joshua from iHeartMedia

Industry: Broadcast Media

Best Cloud Storage Option Out There

Google's Cloud Storage is great, seamless and fitting for every cloud storage need that I've thrown at it. I'd recommend this over every other cloud storage option.

Pros

Google's Cloud Storage options are the best out there as far as cloud storage providers go. Uploading files is a breeze, and finding them on any devices is seamless. Sharing files with the ability to turn on or off the ability for the receiver to edit is great.

Cons

The only possible negative thing that I can say about Google's Cloud Storage options is that the design could be a little more user friendly and customizable at times.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Google's ecosystem connects more seamlessly than with Microsoft and OneDrive.

Nolan from EVANSVILLE-VANDERBURGH SCHOOL CORPORATION

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Dropbox was not as functional; it had smaller storage and wasn't as compatible as Google.

Kamal from Customify

Cloud computing made easy

It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Pros

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

The platform has more speed and the free trial runs up to 1 year while others are not.

Derek from Persimmon Development

The backbone of the business

Pros

I am not sure what my business would do without Google Cloud Storage. There's so much piece-of-mind knowing that every document, every photo I email, and every spreadsheet I create is just there. I don't have to worry if it will get lost, because I can just search for it. It's so wonderful to have everything so easily available.

Cons

I wish the organization of folders was a little more intuitive. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of files in my drive and wish it was easier to reorganize them.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Google was cheaper, and better integrated with the tools I already used.

Google Cloud is a game changer in the Cloud Hosting Game

It has been an excellent experience migrating premised based equipment from our data centers in the Google Cloud. The process went extremely well with minimal disruption of our business.

Pros

Google Cloud's ability to not only use the GUI interface but also the CLI interface makes it extremely valuable.

Cons

The user interface is confusing for users coming from AWS or Microsoft Azure. There is a learning curve for people who are not familiar with CLI

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

The interface is much more powerful for our automation scripts. It also works much better with Kubernetes.

Andrew from Dress Dugout

Excellent storage for all

It's great for documents ,certificates, photos. It's interface is completely user friendly. A breeze to transfer.

Pros

I love how I can effortlessly upload my files into this cloud when my gigabytes are full of photos & important memorys/docouments, I can upload the m to the cloud & reduce cluster in my devices.

Cons

The photos & docs keefp coming back to my hard drive filling it up & won't stay "just" on the cloud till retrieved.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

It's the best bang for the buck & it's mostly free.

Hemant from Halo Media Works Pvt Ltd

Industry: Photography

Very handy storage space to save documents and other important digital files

I like this, this is an important tool to have. Always comes handy to me when I am traveling.

Pros

The best thing about this, when you work on google spreadsheets, or Docs they get auto saved without any problem. Also you can save important documents.

Cons

I felt like the transfer speed i.e. upload and download speed not that great when it used for Raw photography images .

The speeds of One Drive is worse then Google Cloud Storage

James from Digital Media

The best cloud platform out there

Pros

Google has managed to balance stability and feature velocity in an excellent overall package. Everything on GCP is fast, fast, fast, and there are examples of how to do just about everything. The tools available to interact with GCP are vast.

Cons

The sheer volume of features and options can be overwhelming. It's not always easy to know exactly what you need for a particular use case.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Azure's offerings, especially in terms of Kubernetes, were lacking and unstable. Google is the undisputed leader in Kubernetes support, and remains years ahead of the competition.

Market leader for developers

Happy user of Google, and more explicitly their Firebase line of products.

Pros

The competition (AWS) is a lot of moving parts to handle, where-as GCP positioned itself as a low learning curve and easy to get started with for developers with the offering from Firebase related products. Angular developers will find themselves at home with related tooling.

Cons

Lack of community in terms of blogs and tutorials as much as the competition, but the Google GCP docs make up for it. The Node.js version support has had some bugs but there's an active developer community on their GitHub repository for it that can help out and advise with workarounds.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

AWS is too demanding to configure and connect.

Amin from Noor Kids

Best storage platform available

We’ve used this for a little over one year. We use it to share data with the team. We’ve used a number of other products, this is the best in my opinion.

Pros

Super intuitive, cost effective, and easy to collaborate with the entire team. If you’re already using the google suite for your email, it’s an even

Cons

Honestly, there isn’t anything that I don’t like about this. Cost is very reasonable to me. Features are great.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

It’s easier to use, especially if your company uses the google email suite

Ethan from Freelance Entrepeneur

Industry: Computer Networking

Google Cloud Storage takes the worry out of finding relaible cloud storage for a good value.

I would say for the most part all of my experiences with this software has been good. I have not encountered anything negative other than the limits of their services which is very understandable. no company out their can give everything away for free, but google sure does try.

Pros

Google Cloud Storage has lots of features that make backing up my files any where I go simple and easy. I use it to store the multitude of photos I use on a daily basis to sell my services to potential clients that I could never store on my mobiles devices. Its so nice to be able to free up my storage capacity for more apps that make my life more stream lined that I could never be able to have room for if I kept every photo I use on a daily basis in my devices on board memory. I also find the user interfaces to be very easy to understand which is a big time saver when trying to teach other people how to use it so that I can easily transfer files from my work station to clients. All in all I think this comes from the fact that Google as a company is very user experience focused and that's what makes their products so user friendly. I would recommend that you always try out their products before anyone else's because you can count on the fact that google is always going to be focused on making their products as stream lined and easy to use as possible.

Cons

The only cons are that if you are using the free versions of their cloud services is that you will find that after a certain point your upload speeds will be throttled but its not something you would need to worry about for most use cases unless you are pushing a lot of data like for example and entire companies worth of work flow for the purposes of backing up your companies data in case of data loss or destruction. So for most people you don't need to worry and if you are trying to do that you can just pay for unrestricted access instead of going the free route.

Michelle from Independent Digital Media Consultant

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Better integration with other Google services (huge time saver), way less expensive, super fast, and I trust Google a little more than I trust those other peeps.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

I've been hosting web sites in one form or another since 1997. Every single "web host" company I have ever tried has used the same bait and switch tactics that cable tv and internet providers use, where they lure you in with a low cost, then double the price on you. In the case of GoDaddy, they even nabbed up my domain name and changed it to a Premium Domain Name when I couldn't afford to renew the registration when it expired - instead of going back into the pool of available domain names, they owned it and I would have had to pay nearly $500 to get it back. It wasn't even that good of a name!

Tami from Trees R Us

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Google Cloud Storage - Seamless

I love using Google Cloud Storage for all of our company's file & data storage needs because once you have things set to automatically save to the Google Cloud there are no extra steps we need to take to ensure that all of our past estimates, proposals, contracts, billing information & any media such as photos or videos of jobs that we've completed are all saved in a format that is easily revisited by either our staff in the office or our crews who are actually out working in the field. The storage software our company utilized in the past was only accessable by the main computer in our office. Therefore the office manager had to search for and then send out any information to whoever needed it. Now with Google Cloud, our staff members can easily access any information they need which eliminates the need to pull office staff from their other tasks just to look up information. Also, with the Google Cloud Storage software, our files are all very organized within the cloud & very easily searched by even our most technology challenged crews. For the office staff the fact that our files are organized so well, running reports that used to take a full day or more of of data entry & searching through old files just to set up, are now set up and ran in a matter of pushing a few buttons & mouse clicks. The amount of time and mental anguish Google Cloud Storage saves our company far out weighs the very reasonable cost associated with the software. I would recommend it to any business.

Pros

Ease of use- our files are easily accessible by anyone in our office as well as our crews in the field. The crews are even able to access necessary files from their mobile devices. Seamless storage- all of our necessary files from the first estimate, to the proposal all the way through the contract, billing & payment info & before & after photos are all automatically organized & stored in the Google Cloud. Reports are able to be ran in minutes vs the hours or even days it would take with our past software to run reports that weren't as informative.

Cons

The only real con I know of with the Google Cloud Storage software is that it's not compatible with our current time keeping & time management software. However this is not really a fault of Google Cloud Storage, but our own because we have not yet updated to a newer time management software. Our IT person is currently looking into our options to update the current time keeping software that will be more compatible with our Google Cloud.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

N/A we didn't consider any other storage software at this time.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

We switched because we learned about the Google Cloud Storage software & felt it would save our company an enormous amount of time & frustration. It was an excellent choice & I only wish we had learned of Google Cloud Storage software sooner.

Sébastien from Omnívoro

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Jeffrey from Photography Presets

Great Cloud Storage for those that use Google Sheets and Google Docs

Google Drive has an amazing value if you are looking for a free cloud storage option. It also has good prices if you wan't more than 15gb of storage. It directly integrates with all of Google's other applications such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. It usually syncs pretty good between multiple computers (Mac or Windows). However, if you are using the new Google file stream I'd recommend only using on Windows. Dropbox may be a tad bit more user-friendly and maybe it has a little bit more connections with other apps because it was the first company to kind of offer these cloud-based. Storage Solutions. I would say that Google Drive is better than Dropbox if use Google Drive applications such as Google Docs and sheets.

Pros

-Free Account: Google Drive is one of the best value cloud storage options. If you are looking to get a free cloud storage software suite right off the bat you get 15GB of free storage. This is much higher than the competitor freemium accounts like Dropbox and others where you only get 2GB of storage for free. -Useful Suite of Tools: One of the best parts about Google Drive is that it integrates directly with other Google apps such as Google Sheets and Google Docs. These are probably the most commonly used apps within the Google suite and it fits perfectly well within your google drive workflow. Not only that if you download the desktop client for Mac or Windows you are able to download and sync all the files that are on your google drive account. This allows you to easily open the Google Sheets and Google Docs files like they were native files on your desktop system. Once you click on a google sheets or Google docs file, it will open up a browser and take you right to that file within your browser. Google Docs Add-ons: This is extremely convenient and much better workflow than any other competitor, even though Dropbox came out with their own word document editor recently. The Google Docs workflow is better than any other competitor as of yet. And beyond that, there is a huge amount of Google Docs add-ons that you can add other companies will make certain extensions that you can expand the functionality of Google Docs and Google Sheets.

Cons

Not as Mac Friendly: With Google Drive to sync to a mac desktop, you need to have the storage available. Well guess what? Apple has been making the storage smaller and smaller (SSD Drives). For example, if you have 100 gigabytes of data and files on Google Drive you will need to be able to have 100 gigabytes free space on your computer. However, if you get the Google file stream this now will allow you to save space on your drive by only downloading it when you need it (on demand). So it will show the file is there but won't take up space. This is how I envisioned computing years ago, and it's finally here!! Wait, nope its not, not for mac users. As far as I have tested on the Mac operating system is not usable. The main issue is it slows down the mac like crazy and uses up a TON of recourses for some reason. I don't know if its because there is a clash between mac finder indexing and this software, or what. I had to uninstall it because it slowed down my 2016, top of the line MacBook pro. So if you're looking into getting Google Drive I would recommend the regular backup and sync utility if you are using Mac (opt for regular google drive storage rather than the google suite for businesses, which comes with the google file stream.) It may be completely different on Windows but as far as Mac is not ready for production it completely slows down my Mac and will use up way t When the day comes that Google makes File stream more compatible with Mac OSX, it will be AMAZING.

Jay from www.ipigeon.institute

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.

Pros

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.

Cons

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Richard from The Internet Czar

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status. For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully. My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Jordan from R2C Group

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Features and integrations

Features and integrations

Maria from My Marvelous Website

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Eases filing sharing

The main benefit that Google Cloud Storage brings to our company is the dependability of knowing that our documents are safeguarded.

Pros

I have yet to have problems with Google Cloud Storage. That being said I use Google Cloud Storage to share files with coworkers and we have a dedicated folder in our Google Cloud Storage for dropping in finished documents.

Cons

I would like to see an improvement in the aesthetics of the webpage by making finding things more easy.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Because sharing documents through SharePoint from Microsoft can be a hassled.

dreama from Entertainment

Industry: Cosmetics

Absolutely Love it

This program has been something my family and I have always turned to when wanting to put our sensitive and older family photos in for years. Its very reliable, easy to use and has plenty of space to store your precious moments. I have never had the problem loosing photos with this program as I have had with others in the past. So much so that I always double back up my iCloud photos to Google, that way I can confirm they will be around for years.

Pros

What I loved the most about this program is its ease of use, it is also very cost friendly. I have ICloud which tends to be very expensive so, I upload everything to my computer and then send it to my Google Cloud Storage. Also I seem to be able to find my my way around this program very easily and It doesn't loose my photos. I have used the same account that my mom started for me years ago and I love it, I tend to turn to this anytime I want a great place to store time sensitive photos.

Cons

Their is really nothing I do not love about this program, it has been a life saver to me and my family photos many of times.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Icloud, is very pricy and I have had problems with people hacking my account and getting my photos stolen or lost. Also for the smallest price on iCloud is what the almost largest space would cost on google and it saves me time as well as it is already on my laptop and it is set up to back up once a week, as with iCloud after so long they just throw your photos out or something.

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world. 2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend. 3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform. 2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Harmony from Bevier ministry

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

Pros

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

Cons

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Because I feel that it was a lot easier to learn and get a feel for. It was user friendly. It did not take days to really be able to become accustomed to its features. It was fairly simple and easy to use

Heather from Insurance

My Use of Google Cloud Storage

At this current time I have never had a problem with the Google cloud storage app at all. It's a very user friendly application for anyone I would recommend it to anyone to use for work or business related activities.

Pros

The thing that I like about the Google cloud storage is that I can save my work that I have do for the day into my cloud account and if my computer crashes or catches a virus I can back it up from the cloud account.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the google cloud storage app. It's very helpful and useful for the career that I do on an everyday basis.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

I chose Google cloud storage for the main reason for being able to store the work and codes that I have done for the billing process that day. I also chose this app over Paypal invoicing because I don't think this was the type :of software I would have need for my job.

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Cloud Storage At It's Finest

I use Google Cloud Storage to fill MANY needs, from personal, to my personal businesses, to my clients. On a personal level it gives me dirt-cheap long-term and short-term file storage so that I lose absolutely NOTHING, ever. For my personal and client businesses, I have that same benefit, not to mention easy integration to my web server for backup storage retention. After my normal backup routines filled my server's 1TB RAIN drives, I saved a TON by offloading those and future backups to Google Cloud Storage rather than upgrading to a new server with even bigger drives, that would get filled in no time. This way I will never, ever run out of space!

Pros

I absolutely LOVE using cloud storage from Google - mainly because of the price and how cheap it is to provide to my clients. I also love how tight the controls are, so I can fine tune each "project/bucket" exactly how my client needs it without letting them endanger themselves. Beyond that, its level of integration is also a HUGE pro. Not only does it integrate flawlessly for pretty much ANYTHING you use from Google, but the bulk of other software vendors have integrated access to cloud storage too. I think the biggest hidden benefit is that you never, ever run out of storage space. Period.

Cons

The setup, security and deployment of cloud storage buckets is not for the faint of heart, and can be a chore even for those that are tech and web savvy.

Joshua from Buddha's Temple of Body Art; Crooked Wood

The Future is Now

Aside from sometimes feeling like I need a year of CE courses to use a feature here and there, I couldn't be happier with it. Using GCS makes me feel less lied to by those old futuristic movies and cartoons.

Pros

I love the customization features running virtual machines and not having to worry about losing files anymore. This service saved my family a lot of heartache when every photo of our missing child was lost to a head crash. We thought we had lost everything but we had set up automatic cloud backup and forgot about it. That's the great thing about it. You can do that and not have to worry about it. Google cloud storage has made our digital life foolproof.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve. There are times that one can get lost trying to find what you're looking for or figure out how to make some things work. I spent an inordinate amount of time feeling like my grandfather trying to program his VCR. I'm pretty tech-savvy, I think, but I've wished for a simpler way a lot using GCS.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Google offers a lot more speed, customization and reliability, in my opinion. I trust Google more as well. I've always been pleased with my experiences with them. It seems like every year or two Google teaches me about another thing I can't live without.

Peace of Mind is Worth Every Penny

Not only am I saving myself the hassle of having multiple hard drives and trying to remember what is saved to which, never mind the fact that physical media can easily fail, but I have things backed up in the event of any issues with my software or hardware. Cloud is easy to use, and the peace of mind is a comfort to this musician.

Pros

As a musician, nothing is more important than making sure that everything is saved when I get that right take. There's a magic in certain moment that can't easily be recreated, if they can be recreated at all. You can't place a value on having things saved and backed up for whenever you need them, because all kinds of events like power surges, blackouts, and hard drive damage, can and do happen. And if they do, you can be out significant amounts of both money and time, never mind unhappy clients. Having cloud software backed by Google's reliability is a relief. Easy to use, easy to backup. I feel like I never have to worry again.

Cons

There are occasional snags where I need to have Google manually back up my files, but, for the most part, Google Cloud works as described, and I am happy with the program.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Cloud computing makes things secure and reliable. No need to worry if I drop or corrupt a hard drive anymore.

Joseph from Freelancer

Industry: International Trade and Development

Keep your Documents ever Safe and Readily Available

This is a tool that everyone needs. Not only the organizations but also individuals because data security is a paramount issue for all of us.

Pros

Every day at the workplace is a day for new data and information, while at the same time, a risk to losing the data and information stored in the computers, to viruses, malware or technical failures. Google Cloud Storage, howeve comes to my rescue in providing unlimited storage space for my files, over the internet, such that I am no longer worried about my machines crashing or getting infected with viruses. With Google Cloud Storage, the user gets to upload their documents to a secure database over the internet, from wherever they are, provided they can access their cloud storage account. The user can access their files from anywhere provided they can access their cloud storage account. This software is very cheap, giving users even a free version that one can use without having to pay for, and still back up a few GBs of data. The business/premium version of the software, however, gives the user unlimited storage space, so that they can store every information held in their computers. As if not all, Google Cloud Storage allows the users to clear the backed up memory from their PCs, thus creating more space in their PCs for more data. In my organization, this has boosted the speed of my computers seeing that little has to be processed from the computers' hard disks. However, the backed up information, that is not in the PC physical storage is still as easily accessible as the information stored in the PC's drives.

Cons

Internet access is required to access the files that have been stored in Google cloud space, and therefore if the client is not connected to the internet, will not be able to access the files that are not physically stored in their computers.

Abinadi from Akamai Technologies

The benchmark for cloud storage

The UI is great and the service is great. Whenever you need more space you can simply increase the quota and you should be fine. The resilience is great and performance is simply amazing. you can't be wrong with Google Cloud Storage

Pros

We don't need to talk about Google's high-quality products, however, cloud storage is great. Taking into consideration the great performance and replication between geo locations this is a solution that I will highly recommend for any company

Cons

In general, I would like to see more security recommendations in the UI something like tips or something like that. The reason being that we are constantly hearing about data breaches and most of the time it is due a database out there in the cloud not correctly protected.

Felicia from Bliss Network

Google Cloud Storage Supports Convenience and a Mobile Workplace

Our overall experience is positive as we both have a system for backup of files as well as the ability to access working documents in real time across multiple devices and multiple teams and people in different locations.

Pros

I love being able to access my Google Cloud Storage from multiple devices and to work with other people on my team in a variety of locations in real time. The ability to set up folders has helped our teams organize our work and projects. I've been using the functionality that allows for offline access to continue to read documents while away from an internet connection so that I can stay productive. We pay a monthly fee for storage and the price point seems reasonable for the value we are getting.

Cons

Recently we had a situation when one team member deleted some files from her Google Storage, which then deleted them for the rest of the shared team. We had to work with customer service to reverse this, since the files were still needed by other people. We are still working out how to make sure people who need files have access to them while other people do not need to have items they are not using fill their personal storage.

Aijaz Ahmad from BLDEA'S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, VIJAYAPUR

Industry: Civil Engineering

Free up your space and work on sight in cloud.

For any enterprise, a cloud based platform is must. This one helped us to free up our space frm devices and without occupying any infra, does most of the work on site. Security and back up options are too good. We will never lose our data when after by mistake.

Pros

The only way to store your documents and rely on cloud security is Google cloud storage. Save everything and use it from anywhere you need. Storage limit is quiet large for the cost. Interface is simple and easy to use. Customisation is awesome and integration with docs or sheets helps alot.

Cons

Storage limit can be increased. More flexible plans should be added. Need to scan large files as well.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

Because of existing relationship.

Santosh from The Law Offices Of Hilda Sibrian

Industry: Law Practice

GOOLE CLOUD storage

- We store company data and share among the staff in the company easily. - We maintain shared google spread sheets among the staff.

Pros

- Google cloud storage is very easy to access and it is updated instantly - Google cloud storage is very user friendly and any level of staff can understand easily to upload and download data content - Google cloud storage can be setup in folders and files format which makes it very easy to understand the file structure

Cons

- There are not many cons about this software. But one thing i observed is, it is slow in some instants.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

- it is comparatively cheap and used among most of the clients in current market.

Emily from Gordon Food Service

My experience using Google Cloud has been excellent

Google Cloud have all that I need once I got the opportunity to make a record for my work. It's a web device where I can without much of a stretch make a record, likewise, it's a unique format for introduction or basically decent covering for the doc, it is anything but difficult to impart to associates or companions, I can simply duplicate the connection and gives access to my archive and everybody welcomed individuals will get an email.

Pros

I'm glad that I can utilize Google Cloud at my work and make my documentation inside the quick and most effortless strategy it doesn't rely on my PC operational framework so I can remain quiet that this documentation will be spared and not lost. it's simple and open to everybody. I feel it works incredible for group arranging or business-related assignment. I additionally appreciate the very truth that everyone can alter the archive.

Cons

What I lean toward least about this product is that occasionally records are frequently incidentally lost. It can turn out to be extremely hard to search out some of my archives. It is frequently hard to utilize at first and to encourage won't to it. I feel it took me some time to really be recognizable.

Georg C. from Big Bike Parts, Inc.

Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines

Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Pros

We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Cons

The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.

Mihran from Bassam InfoTech LLP

Fastest Cloud Platform out there!

Goofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.

Pros

Speed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances

Cons

The pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.

The name Google was the main reason we opted for Google Cloud Platform

Host applications with ease over the most efficient cloud platform - Google Cloud Platform

We have our internal as well as client applications deployed on multi-cloud architecture, and I have personally worked over all the available cloud platforms. We also have built our own cloud architecture for internal purposes. However, by far Google Cloud Platform services are by far one of the best services available in the market. Reliance, cost and performance, all collectively considered, GCP would never disappoint any serious user and who actually wants to ease to deploy and channelize effectiveness to all its customers.

Pros

1. Amazing online community and support documents are available. 2. Supports the complete VM model and micro-services such as managed Kubernetes infrastructure as well. 3. Sole-tenant models are also available - In case you have confidential data to be hosted on applications and cannot take any chance to share your cloud infrastructure with other customers, you can have a dedicated infrastructure, all for you organisations use. 4. Complete on-prem systems can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform with help of engineers from Google. 5. Cost-effective and pay when used model, which helps organisations save funds. 6. Software Development Kit available for Google Cloud Platform, which can be used widely for any service and all via a command-line interface.

Cons

1. Very granular features are available on the platform which allows users to create custom solutions, but can become a little challenging to set up initially due to a large feature set available. 2. The platform heavily rely on the Internet, therefore stable network with large bandwidth is required so as to run the platform consistently.

Trinh from Target realty

Organizes my business

The fact that it’s seamless. Only sorting when you originally save the file is only issue.

Pros

it’s easy to use. I’ve storing all my real estate documents for years. Whenever I print a doc I can send it directly to google storage.

Cons

I wish when you save it to storage you can have the option of putting into a folder at the same time. It’s time consuming to have to send it to the storage and then go to the storage to find the file in order to put it in the appropriate folder.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

I use everything else google so wanted to keep the experience consistent.

Andrés E. from Daycohost

Agility with intelligence

In general it has been a pleasant experience, I believe changes in the processes of the companies point towards their Digital Transformation and that is something vital for the industries of all the sectors. We are talking about a new era.

Pros

I will start by saying that I am not an engineer, I am a Social Communicator and I have been working in digital environments for corporate areas for at least 6 years. That said, it is not difficult to imagine that part of my work is related to developing email marketing campaigns. Task that I perform with a team with profiles of different areas of the company. However, having to send thousands or maybe millions of emails can be a challenge for any company, but having the operational capacity to support operations of this type can be even more so. This is when, based on our experience, I can speak in plain terms about Google Cloud Platform. A tool that undoubtedly was the best choice for the company, since the idea of ​​having dedicated servers is part of the past. Nowadays the best option is to bring services on demand to public or hybrid clouds, and we just did that. Result? We can use the number of servers we need, agility in the process of creating campaigns, continuity. Guarantee that campaigns will be executed and high levels of security.

Cons

The disadvantages, in my case, could be associated with a topic of use. In technical terms, and again I'm not an engineer, I think it's a phenomenal tool. I do not remember a single opportunity in which we lost a campaign for a technical detail.

Renan from RENAN SAVIDAN

I was an early adopter and I will not change it

Early adopter in France - Google Cloud Platform saved my life. I self host my websites with GCP and it provides me such freedom of use. I guess some other platforms started later on and I am not saying they are not worthy but why would I change while I am so satisfied with their services. GCP is free for a while, time for you to test everything. When you know what you need you can scale precisely all ressources or tools, then you are charged very fairly whichever your use cases are. I took benefit of the free trial to discover other technologies I didn't know so much about when that time. I have experimented deep learning/AI applications for music creativity by instance - honestly I would say the only limit is your imagination !

Pros

- Will cover ALL your needs for cloud computing - Knowing how much complex these IT systems are, it is quite easy to use - Fair fees - Best technologies available - Great documentation and community - Includes Google Maps (with API) - Free trial period allows you to test a lot of features for free

Cons

- GCP gives so much freedom over technology it gets hard sometimes, but how can it be else ?

Google Cloud Storage Takes My Work (and Fun_ Everywhere)

I'm always on different computers, so I use this to keep a continuous workflow. I also work with a number of groups and companies who also use this storage, so it makes file-sharing easy.

Pros

I use Google Cloud Storage in both a personal and professional capacity. It's easy to access my files on any computer and to download on personal computers. It's very easy to share files and to work on files with multiple people.

Cons

I don't have any big complaints. Once, when I was working on a project all of the word files in a folder became corrupted and I had to track down the original files and start over, but I don't know 100% if that was because of the cloud storage.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Platform

Dropbox took way too long to load.

Aruna from JLanka Power and Energy LTD

Safe place for your important documents with lot of other features

I am a Google GSuite user for more than 3 years. Cloud storage is the fastest and the safest way to backup and store very important files. It is safer than your personal computers hard disk due to the redundancy maintained by google. Sharing larger files via Emails is also possible with google drive.

Pros

I use google cloud to store my video datasets for machine learning projects. It is very secure because of google guarantees availability and durability. Chrome extension is available for accessing the cloud server and also traditional accessing techniques such as SSH also available. The new collaboratory platform on google servers is another great feature that we can run machine learning models on the cloud server instantly.

Cons

Some times uploading take a longer time when a large number of files are being uploaded. The iOS mobile application has issues when uploading multiple image files. Other than that cloud storage is very effective. Even with the free account users can enjoy 15GB of cloud storage.

Rachelle from Eurasia Language

Useful for Website Design

We are using Google Cloud to share documents and photos over multiple devices for easy access across the company.

Pros

I love the feature in the photos app which lets you search for a photo using facial recognition software. I use Google Cloud storage to upload and download pictures and graphics on multiple devices.

Cons

I would love better integration with Facebook. For instance, being able to search my Google photos on the cloud to post within a group.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Platform

More available storage and easy to use on diverse platforms.

Ease of use.

Muhammad Arsalan from NISUM

Industry: Information Services

Google Cloud Platform Review

GCP or Google Cloud platform is fairly new in cloud competition, where AWS already swallowed major chunk of clients and Azure is holding the 2nd position in terms of number of clients. But GCP gaining rapidly and reaching to masses mostly due to the services it provides and goodwill of Google. I have worked on AWS and GCP though GCP lacks some features and services in comparison to AWS but GCP is scaling up rapidly to meet customer requirements.

Pros

Efficient costing as billing to the “per second” of usage. Better Containerization or Kubernetes support. Specialized in Big Data, analytics and machine learning. Reliable security features. VMs does not have plethora of instance types, you can customize the instance as per requirement. Fast storage with uncapped bandwidth. 300 USD free account on signup to help understand the platform.

Cons

Lack of managed services. Less global data centers compare to AWs.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,095 reviews