• Pros

• "The price is great. Very easy program to use. The program has been getting better and better over the years. The quotes are very nice and professional. "

• "I love this product. It makes doing my repair tickets easy "

• "Price is very good and ease of use as well is very good"

• Cons

• "Everything is fine with it, Drawbacks are minimal"

• "There were a few glitches along the way when I first started using it but real time iron those out I really have nothing negative to say about real time and their product."

• "we have to call them at least a couple times a month to correct the time labor times incomplete and they supposed to give you credit to correct them. good luck they ignore you"

Browse Real-Time Labor Guide Reviews

Eric from Kat Motors

Best Bang for your buck available

Pros

I have used this software for years and love the features and ease of use! This has cut my service ticket time considerably and is quite accurate with the labor times posted. If you are a small shop then you must have this software to compete with the big boys and show a big time appearance to the customer, it reinforces professionalism and integrity of your shop,I.e. letterhead and breakdown of ticket with an appealing look. I would recommend it to all repair shops no matter the size or location. This software has definitely made me a lot of money and helped ensure to not leave any on the table.

Cons

Wish it had older model cars I work on some older cars and a lot are not on the software and I understand I’m probably in the minority on this

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Simplicity and cost of use

Charles from L.G.R.

Great pic for small shops

Needs more features in an additional tier or al a cart add ons. I use this daily, incredibly easy to generate accurate quotes, but a POS system its not...yet.

Pros

Overall the product is very useful. The are very few products for small guys to get away from paper & get access to labor guides. Ive tried all of the $20-$50 monthly options as I wanted a cloud based system that I could work with from anywhere regardless of platform. I really think this has helped me attract more business & close more sales due to accurate quoting. Lets face it people want professional & accurate quotes up front...and when they come back to pickup they dont want surprises either- this gains trust. In this regard RT has actually made me more money & makes things more efficient. How can a small shop justify $100-250 per month for Shop Management? Well theres not much out there that will get you running for sub 100 much less the $25/month I promise ya!

Cons

Now for the downsides...Im anxiously awaiting some upgrades- another tier for those of us wanting AR & Inventory, regardless of the info page here there is no inventory- nada. This needs to be fixed. The Customer owed balance needs to me on the main page so you know what folk are due/overdue at a glance instead of drilling into each work order & clicking thru to the end- its ridiculous to have to do that. Multiple tech assignment would be super helpful as well- each labor line should have ability to assign more than one all of the techs- not just one. Adding part vendors on the fly would be nice too but thats nit pickin. We need inventory Customer AR (and report) as well as Quickbooks online integration. I should be able to use this software to see what oil & filters I have on hand at least! All that said, they promise more soon & are adding payment processing- I really hope its soon!

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Ease of use, price & stability

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

To get the features from Workshop it gets pretty expensive...when you pay that kid on money you expect it to be stable & not glitchy. Had my request & complaints not went ignored for days I may have stayed longer & dealt with it, as there is alot of promise for Workshop. Though when I tried RT & actually saved a ton of time & money & wasnt bogged down with glitches I was sold on RT. WS had many half baked feature sets that were there but didnt work fully only to get aholt of some one and be prodded into spending more $$...then when had to sort out billing errors with overseas CS, thats it Im done!

Ron from Precision Collision, Inc

Was great, now it's terrible!!

I LIKED the reports and the fact it was easy to use and WAS very user friendly, the new "upgrade" makes it take longer to create tickets, find previous customers, find previous tickets, etc. Overall the new system has convinced me to begin a new search for a reasonably priced mechanical software system, very frustrating as I was EXTREMELY pleased with it until the "upgrade". All my guys that use it have asked me if we can switch back, I have contacted Real-Time but have yet to receive a response. If we can't, I will be switching software again, and that is very frustrating.

Pros

It WAS extremely user friendly and easy to learn and use, now they have released an update and forced all users to use the "upgraded" version, which is actually a HUGE downgrade from a user-friendly perspective. It is cheap, that is the only current Pro I can think of for the current system. If they would let us revert back to the previous version, I would give it a 5 star in all categories.

Cons

Not user-friendly any more, complicated to navigate, requires extra steps to perform tasks that used to be simple. The new upgrade they introduced is a massive downgrade from the original program, I will be looking for a new system.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied October 2018

Ron - It's never easy to hear a potential let down from a customer but I do appreciate your honest feedback. We went to great lengths to make sure the ticket process is exactly the same with the same number of steps and clicks - the only thing that changed was the look and feel and the search. I'm hoping you'll give us a chance over the next couple days because for the customers who have been using it for the last couple months in beta - they swear they would never go back. Nobody likes change and we wouldn't have made this serious investment unless it was absolutely necessary. Specifically - our previous version was released 6 years ago and performance/security technology has made huge advancements that we needed to include in our system. The new site is now more secure, will allow for future expansion in features and all the new tickets you all are making, and more mobile friendly. Thanks for being our customer all these years and I hope you'll give the new site a chance.

Darren from Blue Moon Auto Repair

Auto repair invoicing and labor

The customer service has always been extremely friendly and helpful. For us as a small business the software works perfect. It allows us to customize our invoices and track our customers repairs. Customer service is very helpful with finding labor on old cars or very new cars that may not be in a labor system.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, pricing, does pretty much everything we want. We’ve stayed with this software for several years.

Cons

In progress tickets drop from system after 14 days. There are times when we are waiting for special order parts that arrive past that period and we have to rekey what we’ve entered already.

Options and pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

System down time, wait too long for customer service assistance and poor customer service.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Darren - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I will make sure we look at the in-progress time frame, but the best way to make sure those tickets are never dropped is to complete them as estimates. Estimates don't show up on sales reports and can be edited and changed into invoices at any time. The in-progress was meant more like an auto-save feature so you wouldn't lose your partially completed ticket if you had a customer walk in and need immediate assistance.

Jason from Jasons Auto Body

JASONS AUTO BODY

I just use it because of cost is so low.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate just have to play with the system to learn its uses.

Cons

I wish it had repair help on some jobs like Mitchell has and like for me I wished they would offer a crash -labor estimator like this. Even tech to tech talk for help would be nice.

cost

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

The cost between them made the choice for me

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Jason - Thank you for your glowing review! We do try to offer just what a shop needs at the lowest price possible. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to have you as a customer!

William from Remington Park Motors

Real Time Labour Guide review

Great value. Couldn't run shop without it

Pros

The closest you will get to an accurate time to complete operations. this has increased revenues by approximately 20%

Cons

bit weak on larger vehicles such as medium duty trucks

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Seemed to have most accurate real time labour times.

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

Inaccurate under valued times in other products. when I compared I found I was charging about 20% less than what I should have been charging, I also confirmed my belief that other product was inaccurate on times allowed for most jobs.

Robert from Roberts Customs

Great product at an affordable price

I have used this product since before the website version. It has helped me grow my business and keep the jobs coming in.

Pros

I am able to make estimates and invoices for the customers records as well as mine. I use the lower priced option, but it still helps me price and sell jobs with ease.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It has been a great product.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

The price point was where I needed to be. It has helped me keep my cost low, and profit high.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Robert - it's reviews like these that continue to motivate us. Our goal is to provide shops with a tool to help them keep their "cost low, and profit high" so it's remarkable that you used that phrase. Also, to hear that you have "nothing bad to say. It has been a great product," is music to our ears. We are so happy you decided to share this with us so we can share it with our team. Thank you for being a great customer for all these years!

Juan from Bakersfield Auto Repair

Satisfied customer

Pros

Easy to use, good reports , accurate labor hrs, easy to set up.

Cons

Repair guide, component locations, schematics

Cost

Cost

Jaimie from Flat Top Industries

Small Business Owner

I have been using the Real-Time Labor guide for years. I like it keeps my records so that i don't have a huge file or a lot of storage taken up. I use it daily for all my POS items and records including P & L, state tax and year end sales reports.

Pros

I like the customization capabilities for invoicing. You are able to add your own daily usage and create an invoice that fits your needs. Adding your logo and personal touches is great, plus editing is a cinch.

Cons

The increments of time for the automotive industry could be better when you are making your own labor task as opposed to canned tasks. Plus price per unit prints out in 1/10 of a cent so it must be edited on line items.

Ease of use.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Jaimie - Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are glad to hear you like all the customization you can do with your tickets. We really want to help you achieve that professional look. Thanks for being our customer all these years!

Dana from Michels Trl sales

Great basic system, easy to nav

Used it a long time and good for the money

Pros

Easy to use , nice lay out. Simple inputs

Cons

Not saving input values, cannot see last part cost will save sale price but not cost

To spendy

Sandy from Big Papa's Truck & Trailer Repair

I USE THIS EVERYDAY.

Overall I love the program, I have used it for many many years now.

Pros

I really like how you can run reports, for labor, or techs, you can get a varierty of reports.

Cons

The thing I noticed if you get called away from the invoice program it will just log you out, and it does not always saved it.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

It seemed easier for me to use

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Sandy - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I'm happy you find the reports useful - we have plans for even more reports to help you see how good your business is doing. As for logging you out - it should only do that if you're idle for more than 4 hours and that is for your safety and security. Any tickets you are in the middle of should be available in the in-progress section for you to pick up right where you left off. If either of those don't seem to be happening for you feel free to give us a call and we'll try to help figure out what's going on with your setup.

Mike from Chattos Automotive

Why not?

No complaints, just what I described above!!

Pros

Its very user friendly and pretty straight forward, but i might be bit tech savy over most!

Cons

As we proceed forward as we all know technology gets better, faster and cheaper as supply goes up. There are now competitors that offer a 3d screen of the parts area you are working on and suggested process and procedures at a much lesser price then Mitchelles or alldata. I would love to see Real Time step up to that!!

Price

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Mike - Thanks for your great review! We are always looking for ways to improve and give our customers more of what they are looking for. We appreciate the suggestion!

Joe from Boulay’s garage

Real time labor a must have for auto repair shops!

When I first open my shop in 2013 I did not really know what I was going to do about and invoicing system. It was Motors Chiltons etc, but being a sole proprietor it was too much of a monthly fee for me to sign up for. I was about to open my shop a week later and I really didn’t know what I was going to do then I stumbled upon real time labor it was a godsend! Everybody has been so helpful at real time it’s easy to set up I highly recommend it for any shop owner. Thank you so much real time labor it would’ve been very difficult to start this business without you! I’m coming up on my seventh year in business August and I am still using real time labor to this day!

Pros

I started my shop in 2013. I found it very easy to use also cost effective.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

I Chose real time labor because of its simplicity to use and affordability.

Dano from Hotrides & Coolcars

Great Real-Time product!

Great inexpensive labor time guide and invoice system, I have used it for over 8 years now!

Pros

Customization and accuracy of labor times!

Cons

Number of labor times not available in the system.

Price and ease of use!

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Dano - we are so happy to have such a fantastic review from a customer that has been with us for so many years. We look forward to serving you for many many more!

BYRON from BEN HILL AUTOMOTIVE

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ. PAYS FOR ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'VE READ SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS OF OTHER SHOPS. THEY WANT EVERY SINGLE ESTIMATE TO BE PERFECT. NONE OF THESE PROGRAMS ARE PERFECT. OVER THE YEARS I'VED USE REAL-TIME AS A BACK UP TO EITHER MITCHELL & OR ALLDATA. REAL TIME HAS SAVED ME FROM LOOSING A TON OF MONEY $$$$$$ IF I HAD WENT STRICKLY WITH THE "BIG BOYS PRICING" I'D BE IN THE "POOR HOUSE" NOW. THIS ESTIAMTING GUIDE IS A MUST HAVE. AND YOU GUYS THAT WANT MORE FROM THE PROGRAM, THEY HAVE AN ADVANCED PROGRAM TOO.

Pros

KEEP A FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OF HOW MUCH YOU RAISED THE PRICE WHEN YOU DOUBLE CHECKED REAL TIME & I BET YOU BE LOOKING AT A MINIMUM $ A MONTH IN ADDITIONAL INCOME. PLUS IF YOU EVER WORK ON A MEDIUM TO LARGE TRUCK - REAL TIME HAS THAT INFO AT NO EXTRA COST. A DOUBLE BONUS!!!!

Cons

NONE

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2017

Thank you so much Byron for the awesome review! We agree with you - every shop SHOULD have the Real-Time Labor Guide even if it's just for a second opinion.

Dale from Extreme Rides LLC

Great program

It's been a great tool for my company.

Pros

If I can't find a job customer service always helps me price it out!

Cons

Everything works greatfor me. Never had a problem with anything.

Price

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Dale - Thank you for the great review! We're glad to have you as a customer!

Mike from MK Services

Great

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. Able to access from any device or computer

Cons

Not being able to edit vehicle selection after starting tickets

Cost and less hassle

Edward from Great Mechanisms

Vin scanner and mobile app

Pros

I really love the fact that you could type in the license plate and reveal the Vin number for a particular vehicle

Cons

I do a lot of presale inspections, Instead of using another application to scan the Vin on cars without a license plate is irritating. I would love to do it from inside Real-Time Labor Guide and it would be great if I didn’t have to be in a browser and could use a app

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Edward - Thank you for your honest review and the high marks you gave us. You are not the only one who has suggested a VIN scanner and we agree that it would make starting a ticket easier. It is definitely on our list of potential features for the near future We always appreciate new feature suggestions!

Elisabeth from Oklahoma's Transmission Man

Easy to navigate

Pros

Easy to navigate. Very functional, its great that I can add parts and specific labor to our shop and store for quick reference.

Cons

Customer Service has not been the easiest to get ahold of the few times I've needed too.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied February 2019

Elisabeth - Thank you for your great review! We work very hard and reach out for tons of feedback in order to make the system as easy to use as possible. I'm sorry you've had a hard time reaching us lately - the beginning of the year is always very busy with annual updates but if you leave a message we won't leave the office until our voicemail box is clear, and usually we get back to you a lot sooner then that. Thanks for being our customer for the last several years - we look forward to many more!

Nick from Modesti's Car Care Center

Real-Time labor guide helps with estimating

Overall, Real-Time Labor Guide has gotten us out of some jams for sure. Had we used the traditional labor times we would have short changed ourselves.

Pros

I like the low,avg,high industry labor times and the notes on certain jobs indicating errors with traditional labor guides.

Cons

I have to buy separate licenses for each copy. Also, navigating the menu is a bit dated. I'd like to see more effort put into integration so advisors can build a labor estimate quickly.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Nick - Thank you for your awesome and honest review. We're so happy to have you as a customer, and glad we could get you out of some jams and save you from short changing yourselves!

JOE from BROSS TIRE SALES

ONLINE LABOR GUIDE

DOES A GOOD JOB AND EASY TO USE.

Pros

THE EASE OF USE AND THE ACCURACY OF THE LABOR GUIDE

Cons

NOT ANY REAL NEGATIVE ISSUES. DOES LOCK UP SOMETIME WHEN MORE THAN ONE PERSON USING THE LABOR GUIDE.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

OVERALL QUALITY OF THE SYSTEM AND EASE OF USE.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Joe - Thank you for your great review. We work hard to make sure our service is as easy to use and accurate as possible. You are right that if another person uses your username and password to log in on another computer it will log you out, and that is why we suggest separate users for shops that need more than one person in the system at a time. Thanks for being our customer for all these years!

John from John's Car Care

Best way to invoice my jobs

Makes keeping track of customers and their vehicles so easy I can do it.

Pros

Very easy to use and configure the coverage is great and can even use custom types of vehicles overall the best software for shop invoicing.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Did my homework and was the best price for the best product

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

John - It's feedback like this: "Did my homework and was the best price for the best product" that makes our day. We're so happy we can provide the shop management service that you need to help you run your shop. Thanks for being our customer for all these years!

GARY from Gar's Repair

GUIDE USER-CREWCHIEF

NICE TO BE ABLE USE YOU AS GUIDE FOR TIME ENVOLVED IN SOME OPERATIONS.

Pros

NICE TO USE YOU AS A GUIDE TO KNOW TIMES ENVOLVED,ALSO LIKE THE WAY YOU PEOPLE LISTEN WHEN WE CALL AND TELL THERE NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTMENTS TO SOME LABOR TIMES! BILLING OUT LABOR ON INVOICES IS SO MUCH EASIER WITH THIS GUIDE.

Cons

NOTHING,WELL SATISFIED WITH IT,EASY TO USE,COVERS ABOUT EVERYTHING ENVOLVING JOBS.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

LIKED IT WHEN IT WAS FIRST SHOWN TO US,BEEN WITH UP EVER SINCE.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Gary - Thank you for the fantastic review! We're so happy you've been our customer all these years!

Gordon from Leeds American Motors

Indespensible resource

Overall this is a fantastic product at a great price. It's easy to use, and when I've called in for additional assistance they are super helpful.

Pros

Real time labor guide gets you to repair times very quickly.

Cons

Sometimes for certain repair topics the descriptions can be vague. For example I've never found a good description for a complete CV axle assembly. It says "axle shaft", inner boot, outer boot, etc. Would be helpful to have an additional choice.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Gordon - Thank you so much for your honest and glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer!

Jens from ARC Customs LLC

Best bang for the buck!

It's help me increase my profits and have better time management on jobs.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to find the task you're looking for. Some labor times are extremely low but those are getting much better.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Jens - Thank you so much for your honest and glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer and that we can help you increase profitability and time management!

lance from lances service inc

Effective

We have had it for years like it alot it helps us do invoices quickly and effectively very user friendly

Pros

Very user friendly all my office personnel use it daily so if I'm not here they know the customer history and can effectively get a quote

Cons

It sometimes doesn't have the correct hours for a job and sometimes no job listing at all this is probably less than 10 percent of the time

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

They kept raising their prices but never improved their site it was not as user friendly

Will from WP Automotive

Great Peogram

i have been using this software for about 6/7 years now and it’s the only invoice program i use.

Pros

It’s easy to use and it makes it legible to customers compared to reading an auto repair invoice from a dealership or other shop where you can’t find what was even done to your vehicle and just see the total.

Cons

the times for the jobs sometimes could be better and more accurate.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

the price and easy use of the program and learned it very quickly.

Sabrina from Dynasty Collision and Auto Repair

Excellent software!

It is a software we have used and loved for years and will continue to use!

Pros

We have used Real-Time Labor Guide for our shop for over 5 years and as our shop has grown we have purchased other softwares but always keep our real-time subscription. We also do repairs on classic cars and this is the best labor guide software out for estimating labor times for older vehicles.

Cons

Through the years the software has not made any big changes.

Kevin from K&M Imports Inc

Overall, we very much like the software. We have been using it for 6 years, and will continue to do so.

Pros

Ease of use. Very low cost. Estimating, invoicing, and reporting are all there.

Cons

Labor times on larger/less common jobs can be all over the map when checked against other sources. Sometimes much lower, and sometimes much higher.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Kevin - Thank you for your honest and glowing review! We are so happy to have had you for a customer over the last 6 years. Here's to many many more!

Manuel from The Emissions Specialist

Alwsome Real Time Labor Guide

Very helpful.

Pros

It Gives you all labors specifically and gives you a/CAUTION when need be to get proper labor. Been user for many years, Definitely will keep recommending.

Cons

When new software updates it takes a minute to adjust.

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Easy,fast and Reasonable price.

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

Much faster to find labor on parts,and cant beat the price $10 a month.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Manuel - Thank you for your honest and glowing review! We're happy we can help!

Randy from Northside Truck & Auto

I have used Real-Time Labor in our business for several years, It is very easy to use.

I would highly recommend this to anybody that need a guide for flat rate time.

Pros

We are mainly a heavy truck repair shop. Software is very easy to use. I use it as a guide for the flat rate repair. The information in it is consistent with other repair shops as far as time.

Cons

Only had a couple of things that was not covered as far a repair.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Randy - Thank you for the fantastic review! We are so happy to have you as a customer!

Fhara from Multi Auto Services

Very Helpful

I’ve been using Real-Time Labor Guide since 2013 and it helped me so much it has been very easy to use. Very simple to understand

Pros

Very eazy to use. Very affordable price.

Cons

I would really love it if they would add diagrams and specifications, part locations and more body part options

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Fhara - Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy you have been our customer for the last 7 years, and hope to keep meeting your expectations well into the future!

Scott from Complete Product Solutions inc.

It been a few years but...

Customers always loved having detailef estimate

Pros

Great fast product. Used daily for years. Customer service was outstanding. Maybe had 1 or 2 access issues, resolved immediately. Alan, who i think may have been owner always helped.

Cons

Occasionally, but really rare labor listed to low. When there was a error, the number was obvious. Just double checked on Napa

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied October 2018

Thank you Scott for your great review! We love having you as our customer!

MARCIANO from MASTER AUTO ELECTRIC

EASY TO USE AND VERY AFFORDABLE.

Pros

VERY EASY TO OVERWRITE PRICES, PARTS AND JOB DISCRIPTION.

Cons

ENGINE SIZE CODE SOMETIMES NOT LISTED FROM THE LIST.

FRIENDLY USER SOFTWARE.

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

LITTLE BIT DIFFICULT TO USE BACK ON THOSE DAYS, DON'T NO RIGHT NOW.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Marciano - thank you for your awesome and honest review! I'm glad you found us easier to us than some others out there. We're happy to have you as a customer!

Douglas from York county Vehicle Maintenance

VERY USEFUL

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS ALWAYS THERE WHEN I HAVE NEEDED THEM

Pros

THIS SYSTEM CREATES A VERY USEFUL ESTIMATE TO PROVIDE TO MY OUTSIDE AGENCY CUSTOMERS.

Cons

I WISH THAT THIS SYSTEM WOULD SAVE THE ESTIMATES AND OR WORKORDERS CREATED OR AT LEAST DRAFTS. I GET DISTRACTED WITH PHONE CALL OR CUSTOMERS AND COME BACK AND THE WORK I STARTED WAS LOST DUE TO THE PROGRAM TIMING OUT.

THIS SYSTEM WAS IN PLACE WHEN I STARTED THIS POSITION

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Douglas - thank you for your great, honest review. You may want to consider upgrading to the Real-Time Pro as that service saves every ticket you make including estimates and even partially completed tickets for a time. You should be able to take a free-trial of the upgrade at any time - feel free to give us a call if you would like us to talk you through it.

Randy from Slightly Modified Auto Repair

Great software for a great price

Pros

I love this product. It makes doing my repair tickets easy

Cons

Sometimes finding the actual repair type is a little bit difficult due to the way they are categorized.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Randy - Thank you for your honest and glowing review! We tried hard to setup the categories in a way that makes sense. Don't forget to use the keyword search if you ever have trouble finding something in the categories.

Sean from Family Auto Care

Very Thorough and Accurate

Simple product that is intuitive and fast. Seems to have many features we haven't even tapped into but look forward to taking advantage of. Very well laid out and a must in any shops labor guide arsenal, and extremely reasonable pricing!!

Pros

All the labor guides that are integrated into the big name services like Alldata and Mitchell, don't go back as far as Real-Time does. Easy to navigate, and often includes obscure job tasks I wasn't expecting to find. The range of low to high hours per job is also on point and fantastic feature

Cons

Loses some of the older years as it includes the later models.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Sean - Thank you for your honest and awesome review! We're happy you find our service intuitive and fast. We work hard to make sure it's as easy to use as possible.

Ryan from R.E.A.AUTOMOTIVE

5 star review for real time labor guide

I use the system almost everyday. Its easy to use, understand and very affordable.

Pros

The ease of use, the price point. It was super easy to train my secretary on how to use it.

Cons

Sometimes there are specific labor operations that are not on your software but others such as identifix or michell ondemand.

Price point.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Ryan - Thank you for your glowing review!

MICHAEL from TK'S Auto

Most accurate Labor guide I've found

Pros

the ease of use is outstanding and the accuracy of the times is right on in most cases.

Cons

I have not yet found anything to not like

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

the reviews and the cost of the software were excellent. I started twenty years ago with disc application, then cd application and now online where ever I may be.

Jeff from On Track Automotive

Real time review from a dummy

Pretty easy and strait forward. Sometimes the simple things slow you down and this is one of them.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and use. I really like the simplicity and ease of use.

Cons

Nothing now that it has a custom feature for abnormal vehicles or repairs.

Price and features.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Jeff - Thank you for your glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer!

Mark from Rustoration Body Works

Repair options

Great

Pros

Very user friendly and your are able to customize certain things. I work with farmer so the tax exempt button is nice

Cons

Sometimes the repair performed option are not always there

Reasons for Choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Bang for buck was very good

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Mark - thank you so much for your honest and glowing review! We're happy to have you as a customer!

Sean from Kansas Tire & Service

Good quality, Needs more HD

Its great, passwords can be a pain, though when are they not

Pros

I like it gives you options for time, wish it showed actual book, then real time. I wish it could integrate with sms.

Cons

Everything is fine with it, Drawbacks are minimal

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Sean - Thank you for your honest review and we are so happy to have you as a customer!

David from Briest Automotive

Have been using it for over 8 years and have found it very useful. We also use Alldata to cross reference labor times. tried their invoicing/ management software but found it too cumbersome.

Pros

Price is very good and ease of use as well is very good

Cons

Going forward it may be good to have it able to transfer to accounting systems

Robert from Convenient Auto Repairs Services

Curious

Quick estimates are now possible for my customer's.

Pros

Able to use phone app Support does respond

Cons

There no reward when I call to point out errors in Labor Time discrepancies w/ real world experience.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Robert - Thank you for you awesome review. We're happy you are now able to provide your customers with quick estimates!

Jeffery from JT Automotive

Great for beginner shops

I have been using this program for several years now, customer service is great. For a small shop this is a great investment.

Pros

The ease of using a tag number to get all information on vehicle.

Cons

Does not pre fill fields on frequently used parts.

Pricing and no contact.

Reasons for Switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

All data is to expensive.

Justin from Fabick CAT

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Shop Estimates

Overall, very satisfied.

Pros

you can easily add parts, misc., labor and can go in and update/edit the document anytime

Cons

Inaccurate labor times for older Caterpillar engine related repairs

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Justin - Thank you for your honest review and we are happy to have you as a customer!

Michael from FLEET TRUCK AND REFRIGERATION

review

I use it as a reference guide to compare with alldata and motors

Pros

easy to maneuver through has a wide years of coverage

Cons

some times are too generic and are incorrect for specific applications

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

Michael - thank you for your glowing review! We're so happy to have you as a customer!

June 2016

Ray from Grant's Garage

June 2016

Are you kidding me ? Haters are just going to be Haters

What do you expect for $10.00 a month .... The program does what they claim it to do quite well. Sure some of the labor times are wrong just like every other labor "GUIDE" out there. At least they are attempting to create a "Real Time" program to be fair to the techs and customers. If you have a problem with the labor time let them know. I think with enough constructive criticism and truthful testimonies from real techs. The labor times will be changed accordingly until the times are correct. They also give you 3 labor options to choose from which the low one is close to Mitchell on several vehicles I have compared. We all do not have access to factory tools, equipment and data therefore the labor guide should reflect that as well, Hence a little more labor time. Getting the job done right or getting the job done in the allotted time of what a guide says are usually two different times anyhow. These are guides not mandatory labor times, should be used and modified as needed. Rust - Corrosion - Owner Repair - Oil/Grease Soaked Engine - Electrical Parts that have been upgraded with a new harness or pig tails.... Etc. Labor should be fair but not a race to meet the book time. Times are changing and labor guides should as well.

Pros

Affordable, Easy and quick to get an estimate now with invoicing options . A good second opinion for $10.00 a month if you have a system. Do not have to be at the shop computer to get an estimate for a repair. You can use your cell phone if needed.

Cons

Still working to get real time labor correct on all makes and models. Which would seem to be a ongoing process for the life of the program.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2017

Thank you for the review Ray. You are right - we will continually review and ask for feedback to get our labor guide as close to perfect as possible.

Khaled from Kals auto service

Greatest invoicing and labour guide system

Pros

It saves all invoices and makes pricing a job a breeze

Cons

Search criteria should improve By adding make and model and year in the same category

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied May 2020

Khaled - Thank you so much for you honest and glowing review! We are so happy to have you as our customer!

John from AIR COOLED ENGINES PLUS

Nice labor guide for the money

Overall it is pretty good. I have stuck with it because it is close with most things I work on.

Pros

Simple to use, easy to navigate. Gives three levels of pricing.

Cons

Biggest issue is sometimes there are operations that do not apply to the vehicle selected, and nothing that applies. It would be nice for a 1% increase per year to compensate for dealing with rust. I do this manually as I live int he rust belt and a 50+ year old car defies the labor guide, I don't care what guide you use, but customers want estimates down to the penny.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Replied June 2020

John - thanks for the honest review and for being our customer all these years!