• Pros

• "I like the fact that its versatile and very easy to use and maintain."

• "fun fast and interesting;easy to use and the training is top notch. Good user interface"

• "I love the Dell brand and this tool is nothing compared to anything else. Boomi is the perfect program to succeed and get everything you need done right and done the first time."

• Cons

• "flow ux is a bit obtuse but at least the components are reusable"

• "When the process is too big its too complicated to handle for the person who dont have any idea on it.. the time one spends on it to maintain is high when compared to development :) "

• "The pricing model, based on number of connections, doesn't make much sense for our situation. But they are good about working with us on options."

Browse Boomi Reviews

Cristian from eSilicon

Industry: Semiconductors

Dell Boomi for your systems integration needs

We have complex requirements to integrate with a various cloud and on premise applications, related to the semiconductor manufacturing business of our company. Also, b2b integration with 30+ suppliers is needed. Though I was skeptical initially that Boomi can cover our needs, after joining their first Boomi World in 2017 and talking to Boomi specialists and with their customers, I was convinced we are on the right track. Now, few years later I can say Boomi was a good choice.

Pros

By definition, Boomi is built for systems integration. What this means is that you get a long list of out of the box integration connectors (90+). We have used Boomi to seamlessly integrate our NetSuite ERP with: - cloud applications: Namely, OpenAIR, Box - on premise applications: Secure FTP, custom API for Oracle Agile PLM and custom apps It has covered most of our integration needs with a relatively small to medium effort.

Cons

Also by definition, Boomi is built with the idea that not only technical people can do these integrations. This is one reason that higher management of a company can be "pursued" to purchase it. However, in reality non-technical people can only achieve very simple integrations with the drag&drop features of the platform. More technical knowledge is needed because most of the times the requirements are more complex and require custom scripting/mapping between data formats.

Eric from Sprinklr

NetSuite to Salesforce Integration

Pros

the ability to fully customize the ETL process between our core business Systems

Cons

The system is very well put together, but it is still a little heavy to use without the proper technical background

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

cost/value was way better with Boomi

Reasons for Switching to Boomi

Their support was horrible and their product had serious limitations

Simon from Entrust Datacard

Fast to build Can be difficult to fix

A host of apps integrated

Pros

Speed of development and range of connectors

Cons

Frequent need to restart atoms. Crashes often.

License restrictions

Boomi Product Review

I would say it has been overall very positive. When I have a problem I know I can reach SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN and he gets back to me so quickly and resolves problems quickly as well. Resolutions are always solid recommendations, never a hack or a let me figure it out scenario.

Pros

Ease of use and company's commitment to the platform and its customers. Monthly updates fix and address problems we are facing and it feels really good to see all the successful customers at BOomi world.

Cons

Flow is my primary con, only because we knew the Flow to Boomi Integrate Integration would be necessary but it seems like it may be difficult tech for the citizen Integrators.

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

Ease of use and best in class.

Reasons for Switching to Boomi

Need to modernize integration capability at the enterprise level. Need to adopt Gartner Citizen Integrator model.

Boomi

7/10

Pros

UI and customer support quick responses also the community

Cons

very thin. not enough complex functionality natively resulting in complex groovy builds which leads to slow run time if volume is large

infa

Reasons for Switching to Boomi

Also Datastage. Switch because cost and single platform for all domains

Benjamin from Sinclair Brodcast Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Getting Started and a great start

Overall it is a good start as we are learning to use it with our team internally

Pros

I liked how we could quickly build integrations without needing to stand up a new environment each time

Cons

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. For me it takes so long to find issues when troubleshooting.

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

pricing was better and it fit better for our enterprise architecture

Impressive Integration Platform

Pros

As someone who is new to integration, I was impressed by how easy it was to learn how to develop integrations on the Boomi Platform. The learning managment system and support/user guides were essential in jumpstarting my company's integration development.

Cons

It is easy-to-use software. I would like to see improvements to Boomi Suggest, but I know it will be better over time due to the machine learning algorithms.

Reasons for Switching to Boomi

The low-code, drag-and-drop interface were a couple reasons that made us switch to Boomi.

Dee from umass

Easy to adopt and role out integration strategy platform

Very positive experience working with this product and the support from Boomi has been outstanding

Pros

This platform was very easy to learn and roll out. How to stand up the infrastructure was understanding the requirements was well documented.

Cons

The lack of ability to lock down file structures

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

Ease of use, pricing model for connections and feedback on support model

Rajeev from Meltwater

Boomi Product Review

Great

Pros

Ease of use and easy to develop and manage

Cons

Atom Queue is not a good enterprise Queue solution

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

Broad list of connectors, easy development

Kelly Michael from Fiber Optic Center

Strong & Complex Integration Tool

Boomi requires a high level of knowledge but it enables endless possibility when integrating data back and forth between systems.

Pros

Boomi allows us to integrate all of our software together, including product management, ecommerce and CRM.

Cons

Boomi is not an easy design, clicks not code solution. There is some complexity in the setup.

Scholl from Lighthouse Business Systems

Boomi - achieve peace-of-mind

We've used Dell Boomi to support Re-pricing and Order management integration over the past several years. Our processes submit approx. 1-2 million API calls a day to our ERP and marketplace channel management platforms. The most important thing I can say about Boomi is the peace of mind it brings...Once you get a process built and tested...it's just works! I worry about all of our other platforms going down or cringe when new updates are released. I've never had that worry with Boomi. They perform monthly releases, and I've never had a release break one of our processes. Given the range of tools available to construct integration processes, there is almost always a way to accomplish a process. Typically the challenge becomes picking the best way to solve the problem with the various options available. One thing that has drastically improved over the past year or two is the information/knowledge base and participation of the Boomi user community. Several years ago if you had questions on how to do something, it would take a while to figure things out. The new Community platform is thriving with lots of very useful information to help beginners get started building processes. The only negative I've ever had and continue to have is cost. Depending on the number of connections (distinct endpoints) you require for your integration needs, things can get expensive quickly. This is one area in which I wish Boomi would get creative. Even if you are using basic local DISK connections or simple HTTP endpoint connections (as opposed to branded connectors such as SF.com, or Netsuite), every endpoint will cost you an additional $300/month. Some pricing-flexibility on bundling certain types of connectors would be a great improvement. For this reason I deducted some stars in the "Value For Money" rating. However, I'll end by re-iterating my opening comments. That cost delivers a huge benefit...Boomi is a robust, stable platform, and you will achieve piece of mind for your integrations that run within it.

Pros

Development environment.

Cons

Cost

Robert from WPS

A Better Way to Work

Boomi is a point-and-click tool that has many features across a broad functional spectrum (e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, Web Service Gateway, Managed File Transfer, Messaging). You use a drag-and-drop interface to create processes, with no coding required (though you CAN use Groovy or JavaScript when needed). What can you do with it? You can: create and consume web services; perform database CRUD operations; get/send files over FTP/SFTP; read/write JMS queues; read/write to file systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe, etc.); send/get email; read/parse/create EDI; etc. Nearly everything you do in an IT shop to integrate systems and applications you can do via Boomi. Boomi isn't ideal for everything. E.g. complicated ETL, voluminous file transfers, complicated processing, etc. But for the everyday IT tasks, Boomi is the perfect middleware tool. Simple tasks can be done in minutes with Boomi: read from a database to create a report and email it; call web services; web-service enable an existing process; create an enterprise web service that orchestrates a process; poll directories looking for files; poll JMS queues looking for messages; copy data between two applications; convert data from one format to another; in short - anything involving integrations between systems or applications can be done in Boomi. At my company we're starting to use Boomi for all middleware activities - it's fast and easy to create processes that perform a variety of tasks. Boomi does the heavy lifting, we just configure shapes, connect them together in a process flow, and then push it to production. Sometimes we have to use code (Groovy or JavaScript) to do complicated things that the tool doesn't natively do (e.g. date manipulation/calculation, call out to a Java Library to create a Java Web Token), but otherwise it seems to do everything we want to do. Nearly anything you can do in Java, .NET, python, perl, etc. you can do in Boomi with little or no coding. Boilerplate development (like creating data services, extracting data to files, running scheduled tasks, etc.) can all be done in minutes or hours in Boomi rather than days or weeks in traditional programming languages. Boomi doesn't replace all of your tools - but it replaces 80% of what you do with those tools and it takes 20% of the time to do it. I'm convinced that it's the future of traditional IS development.

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity of the programming paradigm, and the vast capabilities of the product.

Cons

It doesn't implement everything in a given spec (e.g. I can't access the full request/response for a web service call; I can't use all features of standard functionality like SMB; etc.) The tool needs to mature a bit more so that it can be leveraged more in a variety of enterprises.

Vivek from Tata Consultancy Services

My Dell Boomi View

Overall experience is good but I still see a lots of improvement points for the development environment. Also memory and multi threading options appears a bit tricky with Dell Boomi. Checkpointing of the processing would add lots of value to the product in terms of recovering the the half way processed transactions.

Pros

Common development environment along with version control and revision history. Development environment on cloud can enable a developer to become productive from day one. Single place deployment and complete code life cycle management. Common Dashboard to monitor the integer landscape components. Automated housekeeping of logs and temporary files.

Cons

Memory management is a bit tricky, no option to allocate memory to specific integration processes. Multi threading not very efficient and controllable. Configuration Parameter management through process extentions is a bit complex and confusing. Dependency on internet for development activity. In case of any network issue developer cannot continue with the development.

David from SFCG

Boomi is fantastic

We have been using Boomi and doing great. I like the way we can break down data into small units of work. It simplifies how to handle multi-conditional pathing and the unit of work level. Currently, I am working at SFCG, using various tools to build integrations into Oracle CX products. When we started kicking the tires on Boomi and in the training and development since that time, I've tried a series of processes out that have given me trouble in other tools. Below is a brief recap of my experience and growing admiration for the way in which this tool has made my job easier. My first goal with using Boomi was to connect to an instance of CRM On-Demand (a task that can on other platforms be a time-consuming endeavor). What I found was a useful wizard, pictured below, with a series of pop-up steps to follow. In other tools, I have spent more time in trying to define the schemas, than actually completing the maps that use them. Boomi reduced that time from my process. This is one small example of many demonstrating how my teammates and I feel as if we were working in black and white and are now working in color with Boomi AtomSphere. Tasks I've taken for granted are complex, time-consuming and meticulous are simplified, streamlined and transformed with powerful features like Boomi Suggest - a handy feature that leverages the collective intelligence of the Boomi community to suggest which fields should be mapped in a Data Map. You don't need to take my word for it, another member of our team, Li Mo started building out an integration to Oracle Sales Cloud, using the SOAP API Connector. He was able to do a complete integration to insert a record into the Account entity, and it took about an hour and a half. Note: it had been about 1 month since we both actually took the training courses. I believe we choose an additional tool that plays to the inner strengths of working in the cloud, and I can not wait until I start full blown to continue development on new integration projects using Dell Boomi AtomSphere.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Not sure

Richard from Sunquest Information Systems

Integration tool with GUI interface is OK for Salesforce-to-SQL integration

We are using Boomi in an on-premise installation to integrate other software. It is adequate. The drag-and-drop interface web-based interface is easy-to-learn and generally responsive. Monitoring and scheduling are fine, though error-reporting is via system-generated emails that must be reviewed manually or via email rules (you need to buy an additional "Connector" from Boomi to send your own emails). Dedication to the GUI interface limits flexibility -- code and SQL statements can be so powerful, but you cannot get to them. There is "Groovy", a Java-like scripting language, but figuring out how and where to call it is difficult -- the in-process and "document" touch points are not intuitive and are not well-documented. Customer support is generally responsive but not always helpful. Their first question is "send me the URL of your cloud interfacing definition", and when we explain that we are on-premise (required for database security) then answers become tough to get and more vague. We get TIMEOUT errors when moving tens-of-thousands of records from Salesforce to SQL. Boomi's response is that the error is from Salesforce so it is Salesforce's problem. However, we did not get these errors from our previous integration tool from Bluewolf. Unfortunately, Bluewolf does not integrate with OpenAir, so we had to change tools. We work around the TIMEOUT by changing schedules and changing the interface approach to moving fewer records. Overall Boomi does the job and we have made it work -- I have no delusion that there is a great tool available for this difficult job of cross-system integration. My interpretation is that Boomi is focused on web service integrations with small message sizes, and the on-premise solution is an afterthought.

Pros

Ease of use; web access

Cons

Slow with large numbers of records to transfer; little access to underlying Salesforce SOQL and SQL

Jacob from Sinclair Broadcast Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Boomi is great for simple integrations, would like to see better organization/reporting

We have successfully tied together several financial platforms with Boomi as well as leveraged it for our master data management of customers. It has shown great promise in early applications and sparked ideas for many more integrations.

Pros

Boomi makes basic integrations extremely simple, non-technical staff are able to view and understand the integrations. There is a lot of power in the platform for complex integrations with the ability to expand using java. Ability to submit test cases is great and lowers the QA load for monthly releases.

Cons

Process reporting has a lot of information but it isnt always easy to view. When managing errors on a mobile device we must request the desktop version to even view the error specifics. Reporting on overall usage of the platform can be a challenge currently, technology is a data driven world and I would like to have more robust reporting to view runs/errors/platform stats/ and deployed processes all in one place.

Chris from altium llc

Boomi as our IPAAS

Pros

can build integrations with no code at all. We were able to setup and deploy an integration from Salesforce to Netsuite in a week. The platform ease of use makes it easier to train new employees on the platform

Cons

Don't have any cons with boomi, the community is great and support is helpful

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

Ease of use and speed to deploy

Forget about code

If you lack of developers, is a good choice. You can train someone in no time so is able to create process for the company. For too complex process, it can be a challenge maintaining them. Is expensive...a lot, just recommended for big companies.

Pros

There is no need of an advance developer to make simple but long process. Connect to different APIs protocols like HTTP, Odata, SFapi, etc. Connect to smtp or sftp/ftp servers and other external services. You can connect to almost anything and just moving the mouse.

Cons

You cannot code, and sometimes that is bad... if you have performance issues you don't have to many options. You don't have code to refactor. The version control it's far from git or similar. I't very expensive, if you have developers, an app that make all that is way more cheaper that maintain a Boomi atom. It's very annoying not having a way to audit the connections, sometime the connectors fail and you don't have a good log to see what happen.

Martijn from Enable-U

Steep learning curve, great community and amazing performance

Having experience with different integration platforms got me up and running in Boomi relatively quickly. However, due to the differences, the learning curve was rather steep still. There are a number of non-intuitive features, that require advanced knowledge of the platform to get right. Fortunately, there is a very active and very knowledgeable community of other Boomi users, always willing to help out those new to the platform. Whenever there are problems with functionality, the community is the go-to place to get it resolved. The disconnect between the designer platform and the execution engine is a key feature in the astonishing performance of the processes. As far as process performance goes, Dell Boomi is the best experience that I've had. Both when it comes to processing large amounts of data in a small process, as when it comes to processing incidental data in large complicated processes, Dell Boomi never fails to amaze me.

Pros

Performance; the community; the smooth, all features included development platform.

Cons

A number of features take quite a lot of time to develop in the platform. The lack of XPath search and map functionality is tough to handle. Web service integrations (the core business of my company) feel rough and rudimentary, a lot of work still needs to be done on this field

Sujit from Pioneer Natural Resources

September 2016

Very Good integration tool but need some improvements on specific area

I have very good experience of this tool on Application and Data Integration side. I love the way Boomi release and roll out the connectors and patch versions in all environments. However, I see some improvement needed on Application integration side related to Atom Queuing full compliant with JMS spec 2.0 version and also, some improvement needed on the Administration side for example there is no start/stop functionality on deployed process. Monitoring and management of Boomi process like if source or target system is down then automatically stop the bommi process and start it up automatically when target systems comes online.

Pros

Easy to Use In built Connectors

Cons

1) Date Function support is limited. 2) Lacks Dynamic process generation support - cannot read a database, obtain a result and then launch 1-N processes based on the results on a query. This forces us to fallback to DB Stored procedures for dynamic processing. 3) No field-level encryption option. 4) Improve dynamic handling of values on processes (e.g. Retry configuration) and Connection (e.g Timeout) 5) Have capability to integrate with Source Code Management tool 6) Ability to run a process with "Listener" starter in Test Mode 7) Email Alert generate if the deployed service or Listner is down. 8) JMS Message Selector usage in Atom Queue. 9) Ability to receive email alert by process

Srinivas Chandrakanth from Infosys Technologies Limited.

#1 Leader in iPaas Integration

I have used Dell BOOMI in various enterprise level integration over the cloud. Across the different technologies that are available, this is the best one which was proved. I worked in providing solutions to different to different clients and clients are very much happy with the continuous integration. Support was all time helpful and one must not forget community as well. I'm sure that BOOMI will rule the cloud space in the coming years as well reason being the security aspects are handled perfectly. This was the only reason that firms look for their data. B2B integration is made easy and can be done without any difficulty. Help documentation was awesome and it was illustrated in a lucid way. There are live examples to get started as well. Finally, it's worth your money for seamless integration.

Pros

Seamless Integration, Support, Help Documentation, Community, Robust Runtime, Flexible orchestration style of development.

Cons

Minor bugs are taken care in each and every month release maintenance.

Yechiel from Plymouth Rock Energy

ETL Made Easy

I started working in Boomi with no prior IT experience. I walked into an already complex business model and some pretty complicated processes. I was able to quickly catch on and make myself an important piece to the 'Integration' team. My company has premier support and this team was very helpful at times when trying to build something difficult. Even as someone who is not familiar with coding (javascript/groovy) the ready-made components make it easy to use. Although sometimes, you will need to use scripting and there's no getting around it. But all that is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. The ability to extend processes to different environments is also great, allowing you to test a process in multiple worlds. There are lots of 'out of the box' connectors that make the transition a breeze. Lately, Boomi has been really picking up the slack on their releases. They rolled out a new community and Ideas page. The reference page has been given a facelift as well. If only they made certification cheaper, I would think of getting one.

Pros

Drag and drop canvas, easy to use.

Cons

Flexibility

Lawrence from Ducks Unlimited Canada

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Integrating System and Data to Help Save Wetlands

Overall I would say that my experience with Dell Boomi has been very positive. The sales and support team have always been prompt and friendly without the pressure. We're currently in transition from a monolithic on premise custom build system to a more off the shelf and distributed architecture and Boomi has been essential to this process from day one. In the near future I believe we will be added Master Data Hub and API Managment services to our account and will be interested in getting a better understanding of Flow.

Pros

The recent change that I like the best is the redesign of the Groovy/Javascript IDE shapes. Prior to the redesign the old text box was a major pain point, but the redesign removed that altogether.

Cons

Sometimes having to set authentication/directory information in a properties shape prior to the non-starting connector shape can be obtuse and with simpler integrations can add unneeded complexity. Perhaps if there was a way of setting the properties in the the connector shape, but allow them to be overridden by a properties shape earlier in the process.

Cesar from Resonant

The best & the bad

The Best: 1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client. 2.- GUI comfortable, better month by month with the updates. 3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need. The bad: 1.- Tracking log of process execution of many days before (10 days) is impossible. 2.- Debugging is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debugging groovy. Thanks to all the team!!!!! César.

Pros

1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client. 2.- GUI confortable, better month by month with the udates. 3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.

Cons

1.- Traking log of process execution of many days before (10 dyas) is imposible. 2.- Debuggin is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debuging groovy.

Trey from Flint Hills Resources

Industry: Oil & Energy

Go to Boomi if you want to innovate

Overall our experience with Boomi has been great. Integrations that have previously taken months to build, test and implement can now be done in weeks. Not only that but Boomi makes it easy to build modular integrations, so if one piece no longer works for you it can be easily replaced.

Pros

Boomi is a tool that can be picked up easily by just about anyone and allows for very quick development. Boomi makes prototyping integrations incredibly easy and quick and moving those solutions to production takes a few clicks.

Cons

As with most graphical programming languages there are limitations as to what the tool can do, and while there may be workarounds that can be done in the system sometimes those carry performance implications.

Christiaan from ABSI

Easy and reliable tool for all your integration needs

The software enabled me to create many integrations in just a few weeks instead of months. You don't have to write any code which speeds up the developing, testing and deploying of your integrations.

Pros

Dell Boomi provides many features to support integration development. It's easy to transfer data from one system to another with the use of default connectors and simple mappings. Boomi also provides your with the tools for more complex integrations. For example you can use business rules and decision shapes to validate your data and transfer it to different endpoints. Error handling and monitoring is also really thought trough.

Cons

The performance on the Boomi Cloud is not optimal. However, you can active an Atom Worker by contacting your Boomi rep to speed things up a bit. I only heard about this after a while and I wonder why the performance is not enabled by default.

George from Student.com

Easy to use product for fast development

Boomi is a fantastic tool to use for integration between systems. Reusable components speeds up development and implementation, changes are easy to propagate through all relevant processes and the UI is very intuitive and easy to learn. Features are limited by willingness to upgrade the account but a lot can still be accomplished with just the standard set of features available. A great adaptable platform that can handle all sorts of mess with an active community forum that provides support and help as much as possible and regular updates with features suggested by the community itself is leading this product to even better times ahead.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive. Simple to set up schedules, deployments, tests. Changes are easy to make, test and rollback. Copying map functions that were recently added!

Cons

Limitations imposed by account features and cloud atom. Search can be slow, drop-down loading can also be slow for document properties for example. Adding identifier instance also collapses entire json tree which takes many clicks to reopen. Logs aren't the greatest, not always as detailed as it could be and are temporary.

Velmurugan from TATA Communications Ltd

Dell Boomi is Awesome

This is my first middle ware. I am enjoying the work i do now than ever. Boomi simplified the number of lines of codes that we write to integrate/automate any process. I started learning this on my own, i never though it would be that easy to learn, of course by referring the documents that has been provided. During the certification course as well, i find it easy to complete. However, for me, the certification course is not worth for the money that I pay, Mainly because of the content. The expectation was it will cover all the components available with Dell Boomi but it is not. Over all, i am enjoying the integrations that i am configuring with Dell Boomi. The recent updates in community as well as Boomi platform is really good.

Pros

Easy to learn Easy to configure local atoms easy to make any changes Amazingly quick support team Knowledge stored community

Cons

Content and the cost of certifications.

Very Useful

I started my career with Boomi technology and I am very glad to be apart of this wonderful technology so far. I love to part of Boomi ever.

Pros

I love Boomi's Gentle learning curve;their most user friendly UI;most interactive community;very useful user guide and process library and LMS. I like the new features and functionalities they incorporate in every releases. Boomi is the best Integration and Cloud tool I have ever used.

Cons

Some things which needs their improvement like providing flexibility in running the same execution simultaneously with multiple extension values etc. But Very few cons. Their API Management should be improved.

Kamlesh from Daiwik Business Solution pvt Ltd.

Dell Boomi is Tool which make your Organisation Integration Easy and Cool

I am amazed with this integration tool it is very easy and flexible tool. Too many people believe that only technical guys can learn this kind of integration tool but trust me, I am a MBA guy who does not have any technical skill but I learned this very effective and right now I am handling too many projects.

Pros

Integration that u can rely upon. Quick to get a simple integration going. Some of our integrations took just a few hours to build. Transformation of profile format with ease. Flexible tool and access anywhere in the world. To have fewer departments and more profits in less time then u can go for Dell Boomi.

Cons

Not easy to troubleshoot failures. Unable to easily access payloads and components. Dev mode is painful with a limit of 10 records. Running processes even on dev mode takes a long time. Takes at least 20 seconds before starting to process.

Britto from Mindtree

Boomi - walks the talk with clouds!

I have been working on Dell Boomi last 3 years and I fell in love with it. And the Boomi community is being knowledge repository ensuring you get all your solutions needs. I have also been one Boomi champions for helping may developers to excel in their design and development.

Pros

I have worked on many integration tools in my IT careers but the most interesting and fun to design is Boomi. It's ease of use is tremendous and any developer would love it. And who ever has basic knowledge of Integration can learn quickly.

Cons

Some features are missing like audit logs use of ease and extensible properties change needs to be locked why making changes after deployment.

Boomi Makes IPaaS easy

On the projects I have been on Boomi has been able to deliver everything that the clients have wanted and more. From EDI, to API integrations, and even MDM integrations, Boomi has been able to deliver. Developing for these projects has been straight forward and support has been awesome!

Pros

Boomi makes integration development a simple easy way to connect to other applications. The ability to create patterns that can be used in other integrations within Boomi makes development simple and accessible for new projects.

Cons

Minor performance issues with large volumes of data. There are also instances where some component windows do not work as expected or have a poor usability due to limited visibility.

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

The cost was very competitive and the service provided was top notch.

Nick from WPS Insurance Corporation

Fast development with an easy-to-use interface

It has been a very positive experience partnering with Dell Boomi. They are there every step of the way, are ultra-responsive and eager to help. They can and do act to make improvements to the product based upon our feedback. It is exciting to see the product get better all the time.

Pros

The interface not only makes designing and programming easy, it also makes processes easy to update in the future. The design makes it simple to re-use components, you don't have to re-invent the wheel every time or slog through a lot of code when you need to make changes. Boomi also has an epic user community that been a great problem-solving resource.

Cons

There need to be more built in features to reduce the amount of custom scripting and SQL that needs to be written.

Geoff from Steel Lynx Inc.

Used Boomi to connect our Newer versions of software to older Cloud legacy systems.

Pros

Was able to use the API connections with Boomi to integrate requests from acquired newer customer facing software to our existing legacy cloud systems to be able to handle the offerings without creating a new backend. This worked. It didn't always work great and it took some setting up, but once it was working it generally stayed working.

Cons

Huge learning curve. You will need to leverage Dell's partner offerings and train up Boomi experts within your organization through Dell Boomi classes. Reading through and interrupting the Logs is speciality all its own aside from the knowledge needed to setup the interfaces in the first place. If it breaks, you will likely need help in fixing it.

Scott from Verson

Middleware Grows Up

Having focused on middleware and process automation for quite some time, I have had the opportunity to review and use a number of platforms over the years. These range from incredibly cumbersome to overly simplistic and virtually unusable; on-prem to cloud and hybrid models. For years integration/middleware vendors have advertised that their product can be configured by the business analyst although this has been a reach at best. Boomi realizes this goal while also providing the ability to generate complex time sensitive integrations that leverage user defined code where needed. Boomi provides a comprehensive and growing support community to complement their internal product support that has been nothing but stellar. Response is quick and robust. While there is always more to be learned, Dell's Boomi is the product that we all envisioned but until now has been unavailable.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Nothing yet.

Brian from DJO

Accelerate Integrations

Dell Boomi makes Integration with Healthcare hospitals and clinics very easy for us. We can do a typical integration in hours or days rather than weeks or months as with traditional integration engines.

Pros

Easily able to integrate out of the box. Powerful enough to use for complex use cases.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about Dell Boomi.

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

We did choose Boomi due to the fact that the Boomi Atom sits behind the firewall and is lightweight and robust. Therefore we do not have to deal with VPNs and firewalls.

dishant from Lionbridge

Just loved it but something is still missing

My overall experience of Dell Boomi is really good. I really loved the fact that one doesn't need any high level programming skills to integrate with ERP systems. Boosted performance of many projects of mine in a very less time. I uses Dell Boomi mostly for reporting purpose.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to use. Compatibility with other apps is really very good. The number of connectors available in the software is good. A huge number of tools are available for the development. Threat protection feature is really useful.

Cons

Although it is a value for money product but not all the customers can buy it, so the first concern is of the price. Debugging process must have been simpler but still a little bit complex now. It is not compatible with excel. The logs created had not enough information and this can be troublesome for someone whose system ran into a issue and can find problems while solving it. Less documentation.

Jae from IQNavigator

Great Product, with a bit of a learning curve

Hello, I've been working with Boomi for about 3 years now. When I started working with it, I thought "this is going to be an uphill battle". And it was, though it was not necessarily the tool itself. The integration endpoints all have their particulars and peculiarities that can be time consuming. Business processes can also make for some head scratching. However, the robustness of Boomi can usually make fairly straightforward work of most integrations, and I have come to love the "creative" solutions that are sometimes needed. Still, compared to building integrations from scratch, Boomi amazes me at how fast we can go from dev to deployment. I wouldn't mind seeing more fleshed out descriptions of functions in the documentation, but the community is a great source of information when the documentation feels ambiguous. And it's an active community, not a dusty old forum forgotten by time, so that's a real plus.

Pros

Development of complex integrations takes days, not months.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features should probably have better or maybe just more examples in the documentation.

Thomas from Benefitfocus

Industry: Import and Export

September 2016

Essential tool for delivering for our customers

Boomi is an essential product for our company that is needed in order to deliver for our customers in a timely fashion. I know that when I need Boomi it is up running and will reliably processes time and time again. We are able to make updates on the fly without disruptions which is critical in the heat of the moment.

Pros

The system is very reliable as I can run processes through it routinely without having to be concerned about uptime. Once configured it works every time. It is great being able to plug in Boomi to some of our other automated systems and having feedback as to what happened with the file. Our teams are able to easily update existing processes without disruptions.

Cons

It can be time consuming to setup when creating a new complex process.

kalaiselvan from Bahwan cyber tek

Dell Boomi Review

Overall it is very easy tool to learn and develop integration with other applications. Checkpoint for debugging is very impressive for trouble shooting the problem.

Pros

Dell Boomi is an component based drag and drop tool for different types of integration. We can do the development in browser based cloud dell boomi UI with different set of components and adapters. UI is very simple to develop and deployment is very friendly with inbuilt version control . We can use Groovy and Javascript for custom logic business handling. Components functionality avoid developers to spend much time on coding

Cons

The number connectors/adapters available for integration with heterogeneous application is limited. Since development happens over browser in cloud, any dis-connectivity with internet will block the development.

The best solution to deploy changes automatically.

Various type of Integration activities like Monitoring and deployments.

Pros

Dell Bhoomi provides automatic support to deploy all the latest changes on a branch. It automatically checks for the latest changes checked in and then deploy automatically. It also provides automatic testing of various code modules. Monitoring and Event tracking also are the useful features.

Cons

Dell Bhoomi is costly to use as various packages have different features. Advance features fall into the costly one.

Bradley from Brigham Young University

Boomi Integration for Higher Education

We have hundreds, perhaps thousands, of different applications and services on campus and we desperately need integration and Boomi looks like a great solution. We are early in its use and so far it looks like it will make a huge difference on simplifying access to data for our campus community.

Pros

Like the visual layout at the higher level with the ability to use scripts for more complicated details. Great support. I reported a bug, everything has bugs, and a fix came in the very next release.

Reasons for Choosing Boomi

I wasn't part of the purchasing decision but understand there there wasn't another product that could do all that we needed it to do.

Lacey from Weyerhaeuser

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Biztalk to Boomi

Pros

still implementing but like the thought of having less sys admin work and low code and less complex

Cons

None at this time.

Ramish from Sky

Industry: Broadcast Media

Boomi is a powerful automation tool which allows non technical individuals to do complicated process

- Being able to design,develop, implement and execute processes in a short timespan - Rolling back production processes with bugs is quick and efficient - Version control - Complex architecture can be done in a simple manner (maps, business rules, decision shapes etc.)

Pros

Pros of Boomi - - Easy to use interface - Fast and reliable support guide and helpdesk operatives - Powerful tool for non technical background individuals - Deployment of dev process and roll back is very efficient and easy to do

Cons

Cons of Boomi - Load can be an issue when transaction count exceeds a certain limit - Reporting has to be compromised when dealing with load (turning low latency mode on but sacrificing process reporting) - Moving to multiple molecules requires a separate license purchase. Existing package only allows a certain threshold

Tara from Pre-Employ.com

Boomi has helped us move our company forward in ways we didn't think possible.

Pros

The visual way that boomi is presented allows for easier explanation for our non-technical executives, it allows us to show them the complex processes visually so that they can get a better understanding of what the process entails. The new boomi flow is also very exciting and we can't wait to leverage it for our organization.

Cons

Sometimes the new products and features can be overwhelming and not communicated as well as I would like.

Stijn from Alcopa

Both the product as the organization is really flexible and agile to work with.

Pros

Very agile to work with, they are one of the few vendors I know that invest in the success of the customer even after you signed the contract. we have full support on our problems and

Cons

the fact it is still growing and within my region I only had one partner to choose from, I decided I like the product but not the partner, Boomi came around and expedited the onboarding process and training of a partner of my choice, how bad turned to good.

Key to integrate our customers, but sometimes challenging doing things correctly

Overall, the experience has been positive for us as a Partner and our customers. The biggest area of improvement is within monitoring as we expect the product to have those capabilities baked in and not us having to develop our own monitoring.

Pros

Dell is great for connecting disparate systems and helping us streamline our go-lives.

Cons

The biggest complaint with Boomi is the lack of built in monitoring and the level of knowledge within Support when calling in. Most of the time when relying on Support I have combed through the kbases, documentation and community forums. It can be frustrating getting kbases I already tried back from support.

Joshua from Zendesk

Boomi - quick and easy

Boomi is a great solution for building integration and automation solutions. There are many connectors to choose from as well as generic SOAP, REST, etc. connectors. Boomi is intuitive and easy to pick up. Hosting processes in the cloud or locally is a breeze. Boomi has a growing, engaged community of users and is constantly adding features based on community requests.

Pros

Quick, easy, intuitive. Constantly improving the UI and experience. Monthly updates to the product based on community input. Setup is easy.

Cons

Traditional programming logic such as loops and counters are not straightforward. No script debugging or advanced code support. No external repository support.

Dell Boomi Review

Identify, manage and develop key organizational capabilities for business transformation initiaitives. Develop future states and identify gaps. Assign roles to different areas. This tool helps the users to identify, develop and manage all steps in diffeenet phases of transformation, develop different views of projects and programs and other related tasks.

Pros

Great Tool to manage and prioritize tasks for IT Transformation initiatives. Develop key aspects of projects and programs. Manage them as a leader.

Cons

Takes little time to learn it. Users need to learn tool diligently before using it.

Boomi Developer Ease

Pros

Ease of developing an integration. The product is self document there are a lot of options for connectors pre-built. There is a vast support network of resources help and training available to aid in understanding the development life cycle.

Cons

The product requires a lot of resources when running. Some development processes and methods are not as straight forward and take experience and trial and error to work around what should logically work 1 way but need to be handled in a less straight forward manner.