• Pros

• "Once learned, the product can provide the kind of reporting needed and functions without fail. As I state below, there is a fairly steep learning curve."

• "It helps out with daily work activities. It's easy to navigate through simple tasks."

• "I like its close tie to the iSeries Data Warehouse and the expanded functions over IDEAS that it offers. It also ties closely into Excel and scheduling abilities."

• Cons

• "Difficult to get some of the more "funneled" reports and may take time to have the numbers needed but can be saved so work is not all lost. This saved report then can be used in the future."

• "It will take time in the beginning to become an expert, nothing big flaw."

• "At this time I have no complaints about the difficulty using the program."

Browse Stratum Reviews

Debolina from GSK Pharmaceuticals India

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Data Analysis Tool

Pros

We use this for our Supply Chain Analysis and it has been just great. Its very easy to merge data from different sources and get data modelling done.

Cons

There aren't any cons for this application. It's simple and very userfriendly

Elise from Greatland Corporation

Stratum met our reporting requirements... twice

Silvon was the only vendor that demoed and met our main reporting requirements (twice... initially when acquiring a reporting tool for users on the iSeries and 7 years later when we re-visited our reporting tools for SQL server). We especially needed criteria like "all these but not those". Stratum allowed our users to write and run their own reports, freeing up IT time for projects. The users love the crosstab reporting! Silvon employees are knowledgeable, friendly and caring. The on-line documentation is full of examples and the help videos are great!

Pros

We love the ability to manipulate the criteria. A primary requirement for us for reporting is give me all these (items, customers, etc.) but exclude these few. User lists allow us to do that!

Cons

We definitely needed Silvon's help to get the tool up and running, but they helped us with the extract, load and processing set-up.

Frank from Sage / Stryker

Industry: Medical Devices

Using Stratum for Numbers Review

Stratum is very effective in compiling data and sales numbers for my accounts. I can drill down in many different ways to effectively get the tracings needed to conduct my daily meetings and calls. Sometimes it takes a bit of work to learn how to obtain the information that I am looking for but can always save my progress in order to utilize the report again in the future. I regularly import to Excel in order to manipulate and run totals for my yearly budget.

Pros

The program allows for me to utilize our sales tracings in order to effectively conduct calls and meetings. I can also track my progress and export to Excel in order to prepare for my upcoming days.

Renata from The Neil Jones Food co

November 2014

To be or not to be: Silvon limits or Admin malfunction?

Pros

I like that you can splice and dice data and look at it various ways. If the report set up is done, you can access it quickly at a moments notice in near real time, within a days worth of updates.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of the program is that it does not inform you when you are outside of your authorized limits and cannot perform a function. It needs something else. It just lets you spin and try until you give up or determine it is not in the cards. It's a waste of time and disincentive to exploration. In fairness to Silvon, it it is hard to determine where Silvon's limitations are vs those dictated by administrators.

Linda from Herr Foods Inc.

Stratum Business Intelligence Software

Silvon Software has been providing Business Intelligence software before BI became a buzz word!They provide a robust, scalable solution to deliver business insights against any data set.

Pros

I'd have to say that I like the flexibility of the software the most. Insight to Sales, Inventory, Production, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger etc. can be gained by importing data from these applications into Stratum. The software handles 100+ concurrent users.

Cons

I frequently export to MS Office tools for better graphics and annotation capability.

Gary from Candle-lite Co. LLC

Candle-lite Demand Planning Manager

Overall, I find Stratum easy to use and exceptional to use as I review data at several levels. However, I struggle with the use of filters. As I drill down to several levels , it still pulls all original data in the fields instead of narrowing the list. I would like to see the filter function replicate the functionality of Excel.

Pros

Ability to drill to several levels and change the hierarchy of the fields.

Cons

The filter and search functions is not user friendly. As I drill down to a certain level, I expect to use the filter and only see values that are in the field I pick. Instead, I see all original values . I would to see the filter function perform similar to Excel.

Sarah from Tony's Fine Foods

Industry: Warehousing

Silvon is a Helpful Tool

I am a financial analyst and monitor sales and GP daily for our business. Without Silvon my job would be very difficult to do efficiently. I have seen the capabilities of competitive software and I am very pleased that we have Silvon. Silvon is one of the most useful and user friendly tools on the market, I highly recommend it.

Pros

User friendliness, ability to build custom views on the fly and regoranize data quickly. This allows my team to get down to identify problem areas of the business.

Cons

Would like a multi sorting ability for columns like excel has.

Joseph from PSG

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent customer service / OK software

Customer service on Stratum is top-notch. Questions and service issues are addressed quickly. The software absolutely does what it says it will do. The cons are primarily around some of the difficulties of building reports. It is impossible to copy and paste a measure item so it is more labor intensive than it seems like it needs to be to build and alter reports. This is especially bad at the beginning of the year when reports need to be changed. Overall, I give Stratum 4/5 stars because I am happy with the support and the way the program operates other than the report building.

Pros

Service

Cons

Report building

Lupe from Creative Converting

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Stratum Viewer Survey

I personally love Stratum, and especially Viewer, because of the flexibility setting up reports and its quick response time. the ability to slice and dice the data is endless. The business considers it a very powerful too. For me, I would like to see two areas changed if possible. The node concept on the attributes is difficult to train on, and adds steps to every filter. If they were designed more like the measures where you can edit them without opening them up to the 2nd node would be wonderful. Also the verbiage used within the software sometimes isn't very user friendly. Terms such as member list, edit attribute relationships caption expression and format string are not terms that are readily understood or received by new users. I still love it!

Pros

The flexibility of drilling down from year to months, and then back up. Also the ability to drill down on unlimited attributes. Ability to budget within the tool and at any level. The pre-built Stratum expressions in Viewer. The flexibility of inter-changing rows and columns. the ease of creating/applying conditional filters.

Cons

The node concept of attributes, the limitation of pick up fields, the export at size 13 font, the fact that the filters don't export out with the report, the difficulty of adding budget where no history exists,

Mark from Titan International, Inc.

Silvon Viewer Review

Titan has been a customer of Silvon for 20+ years and still with them because of value for the money. Recently working on moving the solution into a hosting situation to better reflect today's business requirements.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

not real time data

Mike from CertainTeed

Industry: Building Materials

Sales Reporting at your fingertips!

Stratum is a good sales reporting tool and very easy to use. The issue at year end when the tool has January data and you want previous months data, the filters have been corrected to display the data. Previously you would have to set up two reports and have the filters set by year and months. Thank you!

Pros

Cons

Doesn't have data visualization or an impact tool.

Michael from Thermo Fisher Scientific

Industry: Medical Devices

Long-Time and Very Satisfied Stratum Users

We have been using Stratum in its various iterations since the 1990's. Each new version and release has been am improvement of a very fine product. Their support and service rank amoong the highest I have ever dealt with in over 35 years. You can't go wrong by selecting Silvon Software and Stratum.

Pros

Very powerful and flexible

Cons

Slightly complex

Stephen from CertainTeed

Industry: Building Materials

Using Stratum for Financial reporting & analysis

I find Stratum a useful tool for month-end reporting of sales results and analysis by customers and channels. Even though Stratum was initially bought by our Sales organization for their use, our finance organization is able to use Stratum by tailoring data views that enable us to understand the drivers of our monthly sales including customer pricing. Even though stratum has graphing capabilities, due to our internal presentation requirments we download stratum data to Excel and create our graphs using Excel.

Pros

Ease of use in creating views and downloading to Excel

Cons

Difficulty in using existing views as the year rolls-over to new year. Many existing views do not allow editing to change the year.

Mark from Tony's Fine Foods

Our experience with the Silvon Product

Pros

I like the fact that the software has grown with the industry and is the outcome of the company listening to it's customers. Silvon has done a good job staying knowledgeable about many niche industries including the fffood industry. They treat their customers like a partner. I always enjoy sharing our challenges and vision for the software and feel their team wants to hear our opinion. The Silvon software has been a great fit for us as we liked the versatility of the software (integration options, calculated fields, virtual dimensions, etc.). The access speed of the cube reporting has been a huge improvement for us as we transitioned from the thick client application.

Cons

Sometimes the software can be challenging to maintain (from the administration side). We are used to supporting our own software, but have looked to Silvon to help us maintain this area.

Derek from Citizen Watch Company of Canada

Stratum Review

Stratum consistently meets our needs and when it does not the issue is quickly resolved. It is an easy platform to learn and teach.

Pros

ease of use, multiple selections

Cons

The loading time but it is standard with comparable platforms.

Matthew from Tony's Fine Foods

A great analytic software

I love all the features of silvon reports. I use this software every single day in my work...the only thing that this reporting software really needs is an undo button because sometimes when building a report if you click something you didn't mean to you have to start over in the report.

Pros

Great reporting, nice graphs, easy to use

Cons

No Undo button

Alicia from Neil Jones Food Company

November 2014

Powerful tool for data extraction

Pros

Silvon is great for getting reports on demand quickly using company data that in the past had to be handled via pivot tables. Once a view is set up, even the least tech-savvy user can get the information they need in the click of a button. Their folks are attentive and have many ongoing training opportunities for the casual to advanced user.

Cons

My only real complaint is that the formatting component (Planner) does not come standard and is an add-on for an additional fee. As my company did not want to invest in this fee for every user, most everything that comes out of Silvon has to be reformatted in Excel which kills a lot of the time-saving aspect of one button reporting. The coding used is also somewhat convoluted if you're not a programmer.

Nick from Expera Specialty Papers

Good bang for your buck

The software was setup easily with great support from the company, and managing the software takes a little more work than we thought. However it comes with great features and functions that more than meet our expectations. I would recommend the software but keep in mind it will require a lot of training for the users.

Keith from Stanley Black & Decker

Gives us what we need

Stratum.Viewer provides the data analysis tools that our business needs to run successfully. Most users are happy with the product, and our user base is constantly growing.

Pros

No software loads on PCs

Cons

Amount of time to reload cube

Karen from PPC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Stratum Review

Stratum is a wonderful easy tool to use! All the information you need with a few clicks. Great graphs and pie charts.

Pros

Easy of use.

Cons

Nothing to report.

John from Neil Jones Food Company

October 2014

Great tool as long as you don't need too much detail.

Pros

The software is relatively intuitive. Learning and mastering it doesn't take an excessive amount of time. Changing how you are viewing and sorting data is easy to manipulate.

Cons

It doesn't seem that it is designed to go from a top-level view drilled through to a detailed view. Also, multiple calculated formulas can really slow down or freeze the view you are looking at.

Thomas from Lactalis American Group

Lactalis American Group - Stratum Review

Pros

It's versatile and is easy to learn and use for most individuals, but some find it difficult. They offer continual application improvements available from year to year. They have outstanding support and responsiveness and offer exceptional training materials and audio/video tutorials.

Cons

I dislike the inability to freeze column headings on multi-page views.

Michelle from Creative Converting

Stratum Viewer makes budgeting easy

Stratum Viewer is easy to learn and the views are endless. We use Stratum Viewer for our annual budgeting process. Budgets can be entered at various levels (product, group of products, customer, territory, by month, etc). Users can quickly build views to allow this. Data can be uploaded from Miscrosoft Excel in seconds, literally. It takes additional preparation time to enter a budget for a product for which no budget history exists (new item). Conversations with Stratum IT suport helped us bridge that gap.

Pros

ease of use, easy to manipulate, simple to understand

Cons

entering budget for items for which no history exists

Kathy from KapStone Container

October 2014

Silvon Product review for our company

Pros

This product gives us the ability to look at our data company-wide/multiple locations in an accurate and convenient way. I like to initially see the overall picture then like the ease of going in for more detail. The support for issues and training are top of the line

Cons

The only thing I can say on this is it is not the product or vendor that i might have an issue with, but the use of all it has to offer that we as a company are not taking advantage of.

Will from Follett FHEG

Stratum Viewer at Follett

Pros

Cons

The daily update cycle is lengthy. This could be a reflection of our data, but it is a constant irritant with the users. Some views are run long, but this could be our data and the analyses the planners are doing.

Steve from Pharmavite LLC

Stratum by Silvon - Dependable Sales Data and Insights Delivery

Pros

I like the reliability. It's easy to build ad-hoc views on the fly. I also like the ability to select different time buckets for different columns on any report. Stratum always works with you as a partner

Cons

Stratum interface is showing its age. There is an opportunity to modernize. Services such as SSRS and PowerPivot enable nice cosmetic enhancements to view Stratum data. I'd like to see improved product support team's depth of product knowledge.

Anand from Westlake Chemical

Stratum Demand Planning

Pros

The Stratum Viewer application is we- based and visually appealing to an end-user. Our end-users seem to love it. From an IT standpoint, we are thoroughly appreciative of the consulting support we received to implement the project within an aggressive timeline. They are seasoned and responsive professionals.

Cons

I wish the planner application was web-based as well.

Jose from Jakes

Industry: Wholesale

Many of my end users are enjoying the power of information on their tips. In the past they had to wait for IT department to create reports and now they have the ability to create their own

Pros

Ability for users to create their own reports

Cons

A bit difficult to create some templates

Michael from World's Finest Chocolate

Best value BI tool on the market

This system was a straight forward and easy implementation and has been an invaluable tool to our sales and finance teams. It remains low maintenance and is an easy system to train and on-board users to.

Pros

Ease of implementation and use. Extremely cost effective solution

Cons

Would like for some basic visual dashboard and charting functionality to be built in.

DS from Biobee stores

Industry: Biotechnology

Very good

Pros

It is a flexible supply chain management software. Inventory, manufacturing, business can be tracked completely.

Cons

May take time to become an expert but it depends on the individual.

Mike from Del Papa Distributing

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Del Papa Stratum

Pros

Cons

There is a fairly steep learning curve to get to a point where it is easy to use and can be frustrating for the new user.

Sue from Greatland

Reporting Tool review

Latest version is okay. Not quite as intuitive as the previous version. Don't care for the way info now diaplays when the report is run.

Pros

Display of various report dimensions

Cons

Display of information after query/report is run.

Bernie from The Neil Jones Food Company

November 2014

Stratum is very easy to use

Pros

I like the ease of use and speed of retrieving information. It is very easy to filter monthly and annual information as well.

Cons

The view finder is difficult at times. I find getting the correct information loaded is a little difficult.

Michael from Tony's Fine Foods

Great Data and Business Intelligence Tool

I've been a Stratum user for 5 years. Not only is the software package easy to use, the Stratum support team is always quick to help whether it is a simple question or an advanced syntax formula that is needed. The Stratum team is always working on updates and really strives to know how the customer is using the tool, in order to make improvements.

Scott from KI

Empower Your Users

Stratum Viewer is a web based Business Intelligence tool for users to easily slice and dice and analyze your companies data. Its a nice tool but lacks some of todays more common features like creating robust visual dashboards, creating data marts on the fly from multiple data sources, and providing full support on mobile devices.

Jennifer from Hoffmaster Group, Inc.

Quick Response / Lacking Documentation

We do receive a quick response on our submitted questions and request for help. Documentation is severely lacking. There should be some technical documentation that's easy to use and to help explain setup and basic functionality. How do the files relate to the tables you create, etc.

Meghan from The Neil Jones Food Co. {628}

Silvon review

Pros

You can do so much with the software.

Cons

I wish there was better training on how to use it. I don't know if that would be more of an issue with my employer, or Silvon.

Jason from World's Finest Chocolate

Managing Director

With the Stratum software, I can easily create standing reports that I use on a daily basis. However, more importantly, Stratum allows me to create ad hoc reports effortlessly to dig into individual questions that come up on a daily basis.

Britney from The Neil Jones Food Company

Software Review

Pros

Cons

At this time I have no complaints about the difficulty using the program.

December 2014

Sandra from The Neil Jones Food Co.

Sales Reporting Tool

Pros

Silvon provides a great way to pull and manipulate vast amounts of data.

Cons

It's difficult to get the hang of in the beginning. After a while, it's a bit easier.

Ann from Neil Jones Food Company

Silvon review

Pros

I like the ability to pull specific data on the information needed.

Cons

It was difficult to create reports from beginning.

Joan from Candle-lite Company

Stratum review 2016 usage year

Once I used the program for a while, it became more intuitive. It does lack user friendly copy/paste functions, as well as ease in renaming a file. I still have figured out how to rename an existing file.

Jonathan from Hampton Farms

Great Business Tool

Our sales staff loves the software and the reports they can generate. They use this day in and day out to run reports on sales data as well as running trends for determining input products to purchase.

Jeff from Follett Higher Education Group

Great viewer for accessing data

Overall, the Stratum Viewer has great versatility for digesting large amounts of data. The multi-dimensional nature of the software makes it an efficient tool.

Adam from Creative Converting

A reasonably simple tool

Stratum is a relatively easy to use database that helps slice and dice data. Many different ways to view data help with business decisions.

Adrian from Hoffmaster Group Inc.

Functional product but lacks in support

I manage the back end Silvon's Stratum products for my company. While the use and set up are fairly simple, trying to get information from their customer support at times can be like pulling teeth. Getting answers to my issues that turn out to be rather simple solutions often take a day or two of back and forth emails until they finally give me a solution. The lack of troubleshooting help on their website and having to go through emails further pushes this inconvenience.

Sabari from FCI

Industry: Food Production

Complete

Pros

A software suitable for manufacturing and wholesale distribution. The software is very flexible. Can track complete supply chain starting from inventory, production, sales, accounts etc.

Cons

It will take time in the beginning to become an expert, nothing big flaw.

November 2014

Lilia from The Neil Jones Food Co.

1.5

2015 Sylvon Servey

Pros

Once you build a report, your view data is automatically updated and there is no need to rebuild your report.

Cons

The formulas are a bit complicated. I would like to see more improvements to the view set up. Freeze panes would be helpful.

Tammy from The Neil Jones Food Company

Silvon Feedback

Pros

I like the ability to compile very large groups of data into one useable report.

Cons

I would like to be able to manipulate the data a little more. Some of the formatting available limits the views that I create.

Kevin from Worlds Finest Chocolate Inc.

Visuals need to be enhanced...

Stratum is basically a giant pivot table. It allows for data extraction but I think there is serious room to enhance the visual displays. Visual enhancements are a must...dashboard options (with multiple data pulls), graphs, geo-mapping, sharing and drill-down capabilities would be very nice to have.