• Pros

• "Great Customer Support. Consistency from section to section. Ease of use. Speed of screen updating."

• "I love that it's very user friendly and essential in order for me to keep my clients and menus organized."

• "Total Party Planner is the best catering software. I use it several times a day. It keeps track of all my events in an easy to use platform. "

• Cons

• "It sometimes has glitches. I usually point them out and they get fixed sooner or later. The phone app needs real help. "

• "access the Cost analysis page, it would be helpful to see that link on the menu page where the retail cost is decided."

• "Since we are on the beta, we tend to have some glitches-- but nothing major!"

Browse Total Party Planner Reviews

Alex from Joey the Cat Skeeball

One of the few things that actually gets you more time to run your business!

It has allowed us to move into the cloud and keep all of our information in a reliable and easily interfaced system.

Pros

This allows any hospitality professional or small business to present itself professionally and efficiently! It brings together all the different parts of our business under one software platform so we can easily communicate and excel. It is a lifesaver for our hectic industry and we cannot recommend it enough! On top of everything else, the customer service from TPP is rapid and helpful.

Cons

The UI and UX could be a little bit improved. We are used to seeing all the web software interfaces being very streamlined and modern nowadays. As amazing as TPP is, the interface feels a bit clunky and outdated.

Lisa from Touch of Italy

Industry: Restaurants

Efficient and Effective Software Program

Pros

The Total Party Planner software is both an efficient and effective program that I use every day. I rely on the TPP technology to support my busy catering schedule with reliable, detailed, automated information. The program facilitates communication between our customers, our sales team and our staff with ease. Daily reminders keep me on track. From day one, I was confident that it wasn't just a software program, but a partnership between my company and Total Party Planner. The training, set-up and continued customer support is consistently excellent and done in a friendly efficient effective manner.

Cons

I have had very few issues with the program. The Total Party Planner software was designed by people with experience in catering who had a strong voice in the design which was coupled with superior technical programming. This makes all the difference. The software is user friendly, specific to catering needs. Each time I had a question, a solution was provided. In most instances, the technology was already in place. The customer service team walked me through the steps to use it effectively. The company is interactive with me and other catering professionals. They are open to exploring suggestions and endeavor to provide solutions.

Reasons for Choosing Total Party Planner

Total Party Planner was recommended by other catering professionals in my area. I am 100% satisfied with this software program and support.

Sarah from 3 Peas in a Pod

If you are looking for catering or event planning software- look no further!

Pros

We love this software!!! It totally changed the way we operate and it has allowed us to expand our business output. The main thing I love about this software is how intuitive it is! The creator of this software came from catering and created this software to help his family business be more efficient and it was such a great program that he shared it with the industry. It is is geared toward catering, is completely customizable and not just a catch all menu software. And their customer service is UNBEATABLE!!!!

Cons

There are no cons. As a customer going into our 4th year of using this software, I have absolutely no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Total Party Planner

Because it was created by someone who grew up and worked with his familys company in the catering world.

Karen from One Hot Cookie Bakery & Catering

Used for three years and it was great but the new view they have rolled out is full of flaws!!!

It was a great product that served our company for several years. It allowed our business to grow and service a retail store front, a catering and bakery business in a new expanded facility. Currently we are spending more time trying to fix problems with the software than we are spending with clients. It is costing us money in labor, time off task, plus the added expense of redoing the event over and over to get it correct.

Pros

It was easy to use, make changes on and produce a quality product. We were not having any issues so why they made big, big changes I do not understand. For a while we could continue to use the original system but then over night the old system would not work to process payments, create menus, etc. No new manual was created and you must tech support every time you create something new. For the money we pay we should have a quality product again.

Cons

Changes were made without preparation to train the users on the new product and the product was not field tested and fixed before the release.

Carlton from Exquisite Taste, LLC

Exquisite Taste, LLC review of TPP

Pros

The convenience and user friendly navigation!

Cons

I can not list anything I don't like about this software. It is PERFECT for my business!

Reasons for Choosing Total Party Planner

I used TPP with the company I used to work for. It made my job easy as can be. I would not be able to operate my company successfully without TPP! HIGHLY recommend to any business that needs to do the type of work TPP specializes in!

Ilana from Boundary Bay Brewery

Fantastic!

Pros

This program saves hours in all aspects of event planning - initial proposals, budget considerations, contracts, menu pricing, tracking profits, you name it. Their staff is incredibly efficient and helpful. I was working remotely late on a Friday - after business hours - had an issue, and they contacted me back within 30 minutes and had the problem fixed. Awesome!

Cons

It would be nice if it could integrate with FSA Star Solutions database. A final count due date indicator would be nice.

Davii from Catering by MC

Love This Software

Their customer service is awesome: friendly and responsive.

Katie from Whim Hospitality

Good Product with some limitations

Overall it was great. We got our money's worth. It was easy to use and efficient until it wasn't.

Pros

We used this product for many years as we were starting our Catering Company. It did exactly what we needed it to do and it was extremely easy to learn and navigate

Cons

We found as we got more into the catering business and our other services grew that this platform was just not able to grow with us. We were not able to customize the way we needed it. We couldn't track our customers the way we would like and it did not integrate with our other systems so we opted for a system that we could use between departments.

Chef Steven from Memphis Fire Barbeque Company Inc.

Very few things can buy you time to actually run your business - TPP does, and extremely well!

I was you, 1 year ago. My restaurant was running me, requests for catering were pouring in and we had just put our catering food truck on the road. I was stressed to the max, drowning in Excel Catering Event Order spreadsheets and missing catering pick-up orders and panicking my kitchen.I know.. you assume that I'm a newbie, and that's sweet.I'm in my 30th year of cooking for a living, and at the age of 43 own one of the top restaurants in my industry category in our Province. We staff 40 plus people for a 15 table full-service restaurant that turns 10 to 11 times a day from Thursday to Sunday - every week. That doesn't include six figures per year in take-out and six figures in Catering now a year later. Add to that, I'm no slouch on the computer and can code in Excel like it's second nature.Why do you need to know this? It gives you context for this review.Without Total Party Planner to take away the headaches of searching for pricing, building proposals, databasing clients and providing seamless continuity for all of our communication, we wouldn't be able to grow like we have. Yes... evaluate how much the software costs, and look at your business and determine if you can afford it - it's not cheap. However, bear in mind this one caveat.- How much is your time worth? - How much are you spending in repairing your credibility with clients, when you miss a detail? - How much are you losing when you forget to add a detail to an order and have to take it at a loss?- Are your skills being utilized in the right facet? I'm a chef, not an event planner and certainly not an accountant. TPP assists me to be a better business person. I could have designed a database in MS Access, or continued in Excel - but why? My results would not have produced the package that TPP offers.I know what you're thinking... this reads too good to be true, and in fact, there is one thing that needs to be cleared up.This program came easy to me, it all made sense from a Culinary perspective and the types of information required to utilize the program to its fullest were familiar to me. There, I said it, this is a professional level program. Not that it's just for enterprise level clients, but, hospitality professionals. Just be prepared. The learning curve here is quite steep for the uninitiated.But.... Their customer service is outstanding... really... they care - a lot. I use 8 different subscription business services, and TPP is the best!

Pros

This software allows hospitality professionals and entrepreneurs who own small to medium sized operations present themselves in a polished and consistent way

Cons

The steep learning curve would be a con for those who aren't computer savvy. This was not my case, but teaching other staff members has presented these challenges. With proper coaching, which TPP does so very well, and which I have modelled my internal training on, you can be up and running in a fairly short time. Be prepared though, no matter which software suite you choose, there is a ton of hard data that needs to be inputed. TPP handles this really well, and after using it for a year, I can navigate around and produce proposals and maintain my financials with ease.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Chef Steven, thank you for such a detailed and informative review! In addition, thank you for your business. I'm glad we were able to help relieve some of the stress that comes with restaurant catering. We are always working to make the software easier for new clients to learn. In fact, we will be releasing a brand new interface in 2017 that streamlines the entire event building process. We are super excited about it! If there is anything we can do for Memphis Fire barbeque Company please let us know. -- John Cohen

Colin from Delectables Fine Catering, Inc.

Great piece of software, with the best customer service around

I work for a mid-sized off-site catering company. We have used Total Party Planner (TPP) for more than a decade, so we have lots of experience in using this product, over 25,000 events. We started off on the stand-alone version and ran it for about 8.5 years, then switched over to the web-based version more than a year ago. Before we purchased TPP, I tried 3 or 4 other pieces of event planning software over several months. TPP was clearly the best: The most organized, and the easiest to use. And the web-version is easier and faster to use than was the stand-alone version. TPP is an excellent piece of software. It is stable, and just plain works well. You can tell that the people who designed the software have a background in catering, because it does the things you need it to do to help automate the process. Many of our sales people (5) are not what I would call 'computer people', and one in particular took some time getting used to TPP, but now they are all lost without it. One thing we do that is somewhat unusual (for a catering company) is we do a fair number of deliveries where the food is delivered in disposable containers, with no servers, mostly business lunches. We use a different report for these to make clear to the kitchen at a glance that this is a delivery and not a full-service event, and the people at TPP helped us to 'tweak' that report to include everything we needed in it. That was hugely important to us, and TPP was glad to help modify the report. To be fair, I cannot comment on a couple of features. We don't use the room reservation system, as we have no rooms to manage. I also cannot comment on the recipe section of the software, as we used different recipe software before TPP came along and have stuck with it, because the kitchen people know how to use it. The best part of TPP may be their Tech Support. It's simply the best I have ever used, for any software. 95% of the time when we call them, a real person answers the phone, and our issue is generally resolved in 5-10 minutes. On the very rare occasion when we get the answering machine, we always receive a call back within 10-15 minutes. No software is perfect, and TPP is no exception. Occasionally it feels like there is an extra mouse click or two required to do some simple thing, but at least the program is consistent about that from section to section. For event planning, it would be hard to improve upon Total Party Planner.

Pros

Cons

Some things feel like they require an extra mouse click to handle. The report on what has and has not sold over time needs some improvement.

Michonda from Weber Catering & Events, LLC

September 2016

Total Party Planner ROCKS!

Total party planner is awesome! We've had it for about 10 years and continue to grow and use it more and more! The biggest thing it has helped with is showing us when we are making money! I love the features and ability to plan and account for labor in the kitchen and at events. I LOVE that once I have my recipes in, it will generate for my staff exactly how much of each ingredient to use as well as PRINT ME OUT an ORDER list!! As we have grown over the years, this order list feature saves considerable time and the event production keeps our staff on proper useage. I also use it to run my sales tax report - SO FAST, better than adding all my events by hand. Creating proposals, checking accounts receivables, so many reports, and there are even reports and features that we have yet to take advantage of. We are able to take credit cards thru TPP. The site is never down, I use the webbased program so that myself and my staff can access and work from home or our phone or anywhere we can get online - creating a flexible and family friendly work environment for us! In the catering industry, in international catering groups that I belong to, myself and a multitude of others are known as the tpp groupies! We are always promoting and singing TPP praises as the go to catering software program. I recommend them to everyone and have even suggested using this program in other industries to associates of mine. That the founder came from a catering family business background is evident in this success of this program.

Pros

That it is web based, no info is lost if my computer dies and is accessible from anywhere for myself and my staff thus creating a flexible family friendly workplace for us. I love all the reporting capabilities from sales tax to labor needs and projections, sales projections, order list, ingredient needs for recipes. I love that all my clients info is in TPP for life and I can find and copy previous events, that I can take credit cards through them, that they are always helpful and quick to respond to issues, and that they select update times during the middle of the night so that I don't have to worry about accessing the system due to updates . The system is always available to us while also being on the ball updating with improvements.

Cons

The only downside is that I am still realizing all the features. TPP has helped us to grow and we're so busy now, it's hard for me to find time to play with other features. We continue to notice features and realize new and helpful updated features.

September 2016

Steven from Chef Binks Inc.

September 2016

The do all easy to use event management software .

First off I want to say that I am not being paid or compensated to write this review. I have been using total party planner for over 20 years. As a professional chef In my career I have owned a banquet facilitiy, 3 restaurants and five catering companies. I have also consulted for many clients starting up new catering or banquet operations and seasoned veterans focusing on organizational management and culinary . The things that I always look for when implementing a new organizational management piece of software or system is speed of integration and ease of use. Total party planner never fails. Ever. Event bookings client management party planning culinary integration costing all done effortlessly. When the software was first introduced I had zero computer experience nothing. I booked my first party in 10 minutes without even doing a tutorial. The reason I mention this is to emphasize the ease of use. In this modern age of ultra simple apps and dumb down software many times we find ourselves sacrificing attention to detail or the ability to do something specific and unique to our business. This is another area that total party planner shines. The guy that invented the software is the son of a caterer and was probably working weekends in a professional kitchen when he was 10 years old . He knows all the little details and things that make our lives easier when doing a catering job or running a banquet. All the details like what items to pull for a party staffing and client special notes are integrated into a easy to follow format. When I have consulted for clients either starting up or running a catering or banquet business the first thing I always notice is they have multiple salesman and secretaries handling all the paperwork and Client details. I have always been able to cut at least half of the office and sales staff by implementing total party planner. Yeah, do the math in your head, how much money would that save a year? LOL for solo operators the time savings alone is monumental. Allowing you to focus on the fun stuff like developing new recipes designing new menus or making a clients party extra special. No one wants to spend time doing paperwork this allows you to get back to what we all got into this business for, creating great events. If you would like to chat with me about this software and how it works hit me with an email and I'll give you a ring. Chefbinks@chefbinks.com

Pros

Ease-of-use and speed of integration with little or no computer experience.

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like about this software. It is designed by a food service guy for food service people so it really nails it on all levels.

Brian from I.K. Catering- "Catering with Class"

We love TPP!

I have been using Total Party Planner for my catering business the last four years and I can honestly say I don't know what we would do without the software. It is the lifeline to our business and helps to keep us organized in the office and in the kitchen! The value of time savings and the functionality of the software is invaluable. They are constantly adding new features and functions to make life easier for the end user. I can honestly say every person that uses the system and program learns quickly and is able to use the components of the software that apply to their job position very easily. I honestly recommend any one with a catering or food related business to check out Total Party Planner for their software solution. It has changed how we do business and has increased our revenue streams as a result of the added organization and time savings the program provides our company. From pack lists to recipe analysis to food cost tracking this software has it all! Highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, and professional presentation

Cons

The speed of the program. I wish some actions within the program had a faster loading time.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Brian, we have enjoyed serving you for the past 4 years. Congratulations on the new Venue and we hope that Total Party Planner will assist you in growing that venture. Our new screen designs (coming soon!) have all new optimizations that I think you will find very speedy. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to myself or the team. --John Cohen

Craig from Pinx Catering

Total Party Planner (TPP)

TPP is a robust piece of software. You can really tell that John and his team have had every experience in the catering industry and that they have put these experiences into the software. This has been very helpful for us as we fell into catering. Now we are looking to fine tune our operation. The plug in services have worked very well for us as well. TPP has helped take us from a 30k company to just under 7 figures. Thank you.

Pros

This software has the capability to bring together all the disparate parts of our business (admin, kitchen, delivery, service) under one roof so we can all communicate and grow together. That in and of itself is HUGE. It is also web based. Another major coup for small business owners. And the customer service

Cons

UX is not very intuitive. The flow is a bit clunky for my tastes. I prefer the drag and drop simple flow with colors to illustrate the differences in the sections/functions.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Craig, I'm glad that TPP has helped Pinx Catering in it's rapid growth. We agree with you that initial data entry is important to companies just starting out with the system. As far as the UX, we will be releasing an entirely new event module design very soon. It's currently in limited release and getting some great reviews! I think you will be happy with it's new intuitive flow and design. We look forward to sharing it with Pinx Catering in the next few weeks. --John Cohen

Alissa from Georgia's Smokehouse Food Truck & Catering

Amazing Software, Stellar Customer Service

From start to finish TPP's customer service was always friendly, and above & beyond helpful. If they didn't have a feature, they worked on creating one. They have great work-arounds to manage almost anything you need. The use of the software increased our efficiency, productivity and therefore profitability almost instantly. It takes a little bit of practice to get everything sorted out and create proposals but once you get the hang of it you fly through them send customers professional and thorough proposals and invoices super quickly and close the deal. I can't say enough good things about the service and the staff! Totally worth the cost.

Pros

The details and the ability work around and create your own options. The menu details and invoicing ease was great too.

Cons

At the time I was using it (I stopped 2 years ago to raise our son and hire someone to take over for me) there was very little I could do on a mobile device or phone. The ipad version was very difficult. I think that's been worked on but I believe it still lacks a lot of features of the full computer version.

Angie from Jonz Catering

Thanks for making me look good!

I just wanted to let you know what a great product that we believe that you have! I first researched your product, after a rave review from another local caterer, I then convinced the company that I was working for to get your software. When I made the change over to Jonz Catering, the owner was still using 'Hammer and Chisel' (Office Word and a calculator, not EVEN excel!!), to do catering proposals. I told her that even as AMAZING that I am, my typing skills leave something to be desired! If she wanted productivity and an updated, professional look, I needed to bring her into the 21st century!! She dragged her feet for about a month and then finally looked at the website'she was hooked! At least once a month for the last year she has thanked me in one way or another for 'revolutionizing' her life! About 6 months ago, we got robbed and they stole her computer. We lost a lot of history for the business, but now that we are in the cloud, we didn't miss a beat. She was so happy!!

Pros

The fact that it has so many functions and can provide so many different reports

Cons

That there isn't a room diagram function with it.

Calvin from Naomi's Catering

It has been a life changer

Well, I started out as a desktop user and I cannot say enough about how TTP changed my life--it cut my time planning events in half and my food cost went down 10%. Making a shopping/ordering list is now something that I can do in 10-15 minutes for a whole week's worth of orders. Customer service is A+++++. They are personally invested in my use. It is unbelievable how helpful the staff is and their follow up. I love the way support calls back to check on me a day or two after a question or a problem. If you take the amount of time you save on event planning, menu costing and ordering and put an hourly dollar value on it, you will find that TPP costs probably half of that a year. I'm just a small business with around $300,000.00 in annual sales and it changed my life. There are also features that a larger catering business would find extremely helpful. I use some new feature regularly and I am always surprised at how much time it saves me. Just do it! The cost will never be an issue because Total Party Planner pays for itself!

Pros

menu costing, event costing, financial information

Cons

Nothing you can do anything about--the data entry.

Davii from Mi Chicas Celebrations

I Love This Program!

I have been using TTP for approximately 4-5 years. It is the most convenient way to do menus, keep track of menu items, do proposals, invoicing, checklists, almost everything I need for my catering company. They are super responsive to emails and calls and very very nice to work with. In addition to the benefit of your information being stored OUTSIDE your computer (which is much safer - yes I've lost mine), they do frequent updates to the program resulting in easier use and better applications. They have an app. It doesn't have too many functions yet. I'm hoping that will improve soon. But it's useful for looking up basic event information on the go. Try it out! It's one of the best out there! (And, yes, I've used others)

Pros

Ease of use, easy to figure out, training videos, responsive staff. Takes care of my whole business in one place!

Cons

Mobile app is almost useless to me. I wish it had more functionality.

Lendy from City Catering Company

TPP Helped me grow to over 10 million in annual revenue.

I started using TPP's desktop solution in 2005. We wuickly switched to their online solution within the year. In that time TPP has helped City Catering grow to over 10 million dollars in annual revenue. Their catering background shows in the forward thinking updates to the program and their support team is fast and responsive. We use the program to its fullest and have had excellent results. TPP is a valued partner in growing my business.

Pros

Very user friendly. Knowledge of the catering industry was used to design it.

Cons

I don't have any. As with any product there are always small bells and whistles you would like but they are frequently added in the constant updates.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Lendy, Thank you for the 11 years that you have entrusted Total Party Planner to manage your company data. As an early adopter in 2006 of our hosted cloud version, I know you have seen a lot of evolution from both our product and our company. We hope to continue working with City Catering Company Company for the next 11 years so you can see even more growth. --John Cohen

Arin from B.Lin Catering

Great Tool for a Growing Catering Company

Total Party Planner has been an amazing tool for our small, but quickly growing catering company. The features are exactly what we need, and the program is extremely intuitive to use, which makes it a breeze to learn for our new event coordinators. TPP's customer service team is extremely responsive and will get back to you within hours (if not minutes!) of a report of any issues or questions. We highly recommend this software!

Pros

How intuitive it is to use for event planning (I honestly haven't delved deep into the rest of its features yet at this point, but I'm sure I'd love them too!).

Cons

It does run slowly on occasion, or even freeze up and you have to wait a few minutes before you can access your events.

Response from Computica

Replied December 2016

Arin, so glad to hear that TPP has been an asset to B.Lin Catering. Definitely try some of our extended features outside of the event planning. We know you will love them! As far as the issues you mentioned, the team is working on a new server architecture coming very very soon. TPP has been receiving a tremendous amount of positive buzz in the industry which added thousands of new users this year. Our new load balancing model will definitely better prepare us for both the present and future in terms of response time. -- John Cohen

Neal from A Passion for Catering

The software is very easay to utilize. Very user friendly and packed with manu usable features.

Pros

At a glance you can see upcoming events, schedule staffing, run payroll reports, initiate event workshetts for the culinary staff as well as the packing department.

Cons

Every once in a while when you need customer service, I want to talk to a person. I do not want to leave a message and wait for someone to get back to me and if I am not standing by the phone when they call we play this ring around the rosey for hours. This area definitely needs improvement.

Response from Computica

Replied June 2017

Neal - thank you for the feedback for our Client Care team. Our commitment to providing unparalleled support in the industry has always been the cornerstone philosophy of our entire company. We've had a significant spike in new business this year so it has put a temporary strain on the Client Care team.You'll be glad to know we are adding 3 additional staff members to the Client Care team and I expect to see a significant decrease in needing to leave a voicemail. A new Live Chat option is also coming soon too. --John Cohen

Cymbre from Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

TPP has transformed our business productivity, professional appearance and efficiency.

Pros

TPP was very easy to set and customize to our specific business model. The pricing and inventory functions have saved us hours and hours of man time. The uniform and professional "look" of our proposals, contracts and invoices are top notch.

Cons

For me it is too easy for user error in Xing out of program. No stop of warning before you exit out. Not being able to emails staff from other areas is a big concern.I like to track conversations between other staff members and staff in order to decrease redundant queries and have a record.

Response from Computica

Replied June 2017

Cymbre - thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear we are saving you hours and hours of time. As far as communicating with staff within the program... stay tuned! We are currently working on an internal notification system within TPP that will greatly enhance communication and reduce redundant queries. I have also put a ticket in to see if we can set a warning before closing the program. --John Cohen

Amy from Tuscan Hall Banquet Center

Amy's Two Cents on her life in TPP

We found TPP a couple years back when we first started Tuscan Hall Banquet Center, and needed an online option. I was working here part time, working from home, so online access was needed for my boss and myself to be able to log in and see what I was doing. Mobility was a big asset. We like the functionality of TPP, there are so many things we still are not using because our business has boomed so quickly, but I use TPP every single day! We rely on TPP for everything. Who know as a full time events specialist that many hours of my week would be spent on data entry ( and I type FAST!!! ) . What I enter has such an impact on our daily events and catering lives, its super important that I understand each and every aspect of TPP and that it works correctly! We use our calendars daily and the export feature is still giving me issues, but I am so busy I have not had time to call. We really like the customer service, the quick responses, and the fact that you care about our small business makes us happy. We will stick with TPP! We cant function without you!

April 2015

Rick from Emily's Catering Group

April 2015

Best investment in my business ... hands down.

I have been a TPP User for well over 9 years (in business 11) and have to say it's THE BEST investment I have ever made for my business. I looked at all the big players - you know the systems with unlimited marketing budgets that their customers pay for. Then I spoke to TPP.... they were friendly, hungry for the business and intelligent. After a while with the desktop version I upgraded to the online version. What's great about this program is that updates are made seamlessly, the information resides on their servers and I can retrieve the information pretty much anywhere with an internet connection. Try that with some of the others. What really blows me away, however, is their customer service. I recall several years ago, migrating form the desktop to the online version. Some of what I had become accustomed to was now "new" to me. I had been working on a HUGE proposal for what seemed like hours and when I went to format it, the information was in completely different order than what I was used to. I called the owner, John Cohen, who alleviated my stress and asked me what I would suggest to correct it. I asked about drag and drop which back then was somewhat new online. John told me he'd look into it and take it under advisement. Not even one week later, he called me to introduce me to the not yet released update. After that I was completely sold!!! I have heard from others who were early adopters who share similar stories about how great this company is to work with. Personally, I wouldn't even consider any other company - even if they offered their product for far less money (which they won't). If you want to make your life easy and your business much less stressful, there truly is no other catering software to consider!!!

Response from Computica

Replied May 2015

Rick, Thank you so much for the kind words! The feature that you mentioned we implemented for you on the event menu is STILL affectionately called the "Kerzner Drag & Drop"!! And yes, back in the day that was a relatively new technology for web-based applications. To this day, our developers continue to push the envelope to always remain on the cutting edge of technology. John Cohen Founder & President

Sarah from Creative Hands Cuisine

Long Time, Happy Customers!

We have been using Total Party Planner for about 10 years. We LOVE the software and the benefits it has to offer. We really wouldn't recommend any other software for catering companies.

Pros

Very straight forward once you learn the program.

Cons

Since we are on the beta, we tend to have some glitches-- but nothing major!

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Sarah, many, many thanks to you and Camille for being such long time clients of Total Party Planner. Creative Hands Cuisine was one of the EARLIEST adopters of our revolutionary cloud based solution introduced back in 2006. Your input on our BETA team is invaluable and is helping to pave the way for future evolutions of the software. We apologize for the BETA team glitches. I know it comes with the territory, however, I'll make sure the team is aware. Sometimes it's just that we get so excited to release all of the great new things out to the BETA team for feedback! -- John Cohen

Adam from Common Plea Catering

Adam Gooch, Common Plea Catering

I have been using TPP for over 7 years now. I love this software because it is good with all the different areas of catering. Some software is good with Invoicing and Sales but has no function for BOH. TPP is good at many different categories.

Pros

All the different categories that this software provides. Also being web based it is easy to jump on from anywhere.

Cons

Would like to be able to arrange inventory according to our inventory. Would like for info to be able to put on the menu item reports.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Chef Gooch, thanks for believing in Total Party Planner for the past 7 years. It's been a pleasure to work with you and we will continue to work hard to evolve the software. Your suggestions for improvement have always been a huge benefit to the entire user community. We'll touch base soon about the inventory sort. -- John Cohen

John from John Serock Catering

Amazing Customer Service

We have been very happy with TPP for the past 4 years that we have been using them. Their customer service is second to none. One of the initial things I loved and made me choose them over some of the pother options was their upfront pricing. The price they quote you is what you pay. No surcharges for upgrades and they integrate seamlessly with other 3rd party software that we utilize in our day to day operations.

Pros

Customer service agents are always available when we need them.

Cons

There is an initial time investment on the clients part getting set up, but I pays down the line.

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

John, we appreciate and thank you for your business over the past 4 years. The Client Care team was absolutely thrilled to read your comment about being second to none. To them it makes all of their hard work so worthwhile. As far as pricing, we have always believed in a fair model that includes the important functionality you would need to run a successful catering company. --John Cohen

Richard "Dickie" from Kings Korner Catering

Industry: Restaurants

Total Party Planner's First Customer

I started with a Competitors software some 20 plus years ago. I immediately found it to be OVER priced. The promises made by that competitor about Customer Support- didn't happen. Then, by fate, I was presented the dreams of a young man that created Total Party Planner (TPP). I have NEVER ONCE, in all these years, been denied the help that I needed in Customer Support almost immediately, every time! I know others that use TPP and they agree with me. Additionally, I am 70 years old, technology challenged, and guess what? I learned in a few hours how the master the program ! I am not only pleased with the quality of those people at TPP but can't understand why a consumer would go any where else. My thought, you might find a whistle or bell somewhere else but in my Catering business its called Customer Service !

Pros

Easy to Use

Jennifer from JPM Catering

Happy customer for about 4 years!

I shopped around for software for our catering business, tried one other company but discontinued the service, when I did a trial for Total Party Planner, I switch right away and have been using it ever since. TPP software is very user-friendly for people like myself who are not extremely tech savvy. The help desk has always solved my problems or answered a question within minutes of calling, which is a greatly reassuring feature, for the fast pasted work of catering and needing solutions quickly. I would highly recommend TPP software for any catering company who is growing and needs to organize, streamline and make their operation more efficient.

Pros

Efficient overall tracking of food sales, staff, and inventory, helping our business grow by making it more organized.

Cons

The one thing we've had troubles with is not being able to delete menu items but only making them a discontinued item.

Mike from The Dutchman's Caterers

I've used this software for years, it only gets better...ALL THE TIME. Really a terrific company.

it just works

Pros

Allows my company to generate professional quotes with all information that a client needs. Prices, product with description and amounts. I can built menu items quickly and accurately allowing me to food cost each unique event menu. I can staff events quickly and know my labour cost as well as allowing the client to see their cost. There is so much more Total Party Planner does. If there is a question I may have I can email and get an answer back quickly, if I need an answer NOW, I can phone the tech line and there is always someone there, oh wait, 1 time I had to leave a message, and was called back within 5 minutes. Terrific company, software and service.

Mark from Crave Catering

Great value

Been a TPP user for almost 8years now. They have a great product and they know catering. I also like how responsive they are. I've made a few suggestions and they made changes that helped not only me, but the rest of the TPP users. Such a valuable experience!

Pros

Flexible, easy to use, very responsive. They are a small, family owned business.

Cons

They are a small, family owned business

Response from Computica

Replied October 2016

Mark, thank you for your 8 years of business. Please feel free to keep those suggestions coming! Our team loves feedback from the community because it helps to shape the future road map of TPP. Although the company started out as a small business, we have grown to be one of the largest catering software vendors on the market today. We serve thousands of users across the US, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, India, Italy, and even in the Philippines. -- John Cohen

Sherri from Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

Changed our Business

TPP has changed our business. Gone are word docs, spreadsheets and calculators. We are fast, efficient and can track food costs, sales and many many other details with the click of a button. It is intuitive and easy to use. WE ADORE customer support who have helped us through our many questions and help us to progress using the crazy amount of possibilities with the software. They also listened to our previous processes and help us to fit them into TPP or offer other more efficient options.

Pros

The software was easy to implement on the fly. It understands catering the way we do it. Customer Support ROCKS!!!

Cons

It was so easy to jump into we missed some important details in the initial stages so are having to redo to take advantage of the many, many features 2 years later.

Mike from The Dutchman's Caterers

Industry: Food Production

Fantastic Product, Fantastic customer support

We have been using Total Party Planner for 10 years now. It only gets better and more powerful as time goes by. I used to put proposals, menus etc. on Excel, not professional enough in this day and age. TPP makes us look professional. Food costing is so important if you want to stay in business, I did not do food costing and it was killing us. In TPP you can build recipes down to the Nth degree, you will know what the menu cost is. This also goes for building staff for events, having it pre-costed so you will know if the price you give is correct. Stopping in at the TPP booth at Catersourse, I met John Cohen, the owner. I am still thrilled that he listened and was able to understand my needs and get me signed up. If you need catering software you owe your company to call Total Party Planner and get onboard.

Delaney from Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

It changed the way we work, build events, and our efficiency as a company

Creating a more efficient way to create proposals for our clients.

Pros

I love how easy it is for us and how easy it is to review for our clients. I also love how everyone in the office can few all of the events at the same time.

Cons

I don't like how complicated and time consuming getting quantity and pricing for food is. We get kicked out of TPP pretty frequently as well.

Response from Computica

Replied June 2017

Delaney - we are glad to hear that TPP has made things easier for both your staff and clients! We will have a member of our Client Care team reach out and see why your security session may be timing out. In many cases it is a simple browser setting that can be adjusted. --John Cohen

Leslie from Seven Loaves Catering

Industry: Food Production

Couldn't operate with it!

The value for this software is amazing. We are able to schedule, produce and manage hundreds of events. Client management, recipes, costing, order lists, many reports, event worksheets for the kitchen, and inventory management just scratch the surface of what TPP can do. I love the extras, such as credit card processing, and linking to my other favorite programs. The customer service team is ALWAYS available to help you solve any issue and listening to your suggestions. They are always making improvements to better serve the client. I can't say enough good things!

Pros

Contact management tools and tasks to stay on top of every event

Cons

I would like to be able to schedule future emails to clients.

Jonathan from a dash of salt catering, llc

Great catering software

We tried another program (a big name) and it was a disaster for us we use Mac's and the program didn't support them so we had to go through an interface. The big problem was that program wasn't flexible. We love TPP we use it with the Chrome browser. The only improvements I'd like to see 1. have the system format phone numbers, 2. the ability to customize the gratuity field to use our vernacular. Five stars

Pros

I no longer have to remember to update worksheets when I make a change to the menu or pack list

Cons

the ability to change the name of the gratuity field PLEASE FORMAT PHONE NUMBERS

Jamie from Weber Catering, LLC

Total Party Planner makes my job so much easier.

We have been using Total Party Planner for a few years and found the program to be very beneficial to our company. We have always had great customer service from the initial training through present day. Total Party Planner has been great about hearing our requests and making the changes to the program. The ease of working from anywhere with your computer or phone is beyond convenient. We have been much more efficient with our time by using the program for completing proposals, submitting orders, and giving kitchen staff production worksheets. Wonderful program and company...very pleased with the products and people!

Pros

Very easy to use and always expanding to help our business grow.

Tim from Carson's Catering

September 2016

The Best Catering Software on the Market!

We could not be more satisfied with Total Party Planner! It's such an amazing program that has been extremely helpful and essential to the growth of our business. We began with the desktop version and moved to the web-based version when it became available, and we could not have been more pleased throughout every step of our 10 year relationship! The owner, John, is very hands-on and helpful with any assistance that we have ever needed. If you are looking for catering software, I highly recommend Total Party Planner.

Pros

Cons

I like everything about his sofware!

Neal from A Passion for Catering

TTP Catering Software

I have been using this software for quite a few years now. I have tried other products but find this product by far to be the easiest and most efficient to use. From proposal stage to contract to invoice as well as staffing, this system handles it all seamlessly. The reports are varied and offer all that is needed. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Pros

Easy to use. The ability to adapt most of the items specific to your business.

Cons

There a few things such as an invoice for deposit that require more steps than it should. Also, I would love when you send the proposal that you could attach the contract as well.

Easy to use, great customer service

Tracking and Preparing for Events

Pros

Easy to setup events, integrates with google calendar and quickbooks. Great for tracking events, preparing menu's and listing setup instructions. Also used for Labor tracking and cost, menu creation and inventory.

Cons

when adding items having to enter amount and check them off also before it will post, seems like double work. Some reports are do not give enough detail. I would like more items available when I setup my own Query.

Delaney from Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

Organized with Ease

Total Party Planner (TPP) has been a Godsend for this company! Everything is all in one place. You don't have 1 million files for one event! It's easy for you, easy for your clients to read and comprehend, and easy to train others on too! So grateful for TPP for giving us ultimate organization with ease! :)

Pros

How everything is in one place and how all of each events' information is shared on one cloud for all other planners to see!

Cons

Sometimes TPP can have some software glitches and just stop working in the middle of your workday.

Jerin from Funkys Catering

Fantastic Software and Team to work with

We found out about TPP when we went to the Caterer Source conference in Denver. After reviewing the software we decided to sign on with them and it was a great decision! John and his team have worked very hard to create a software program that has the caterer in mind! User friendly, scaleable and the support team is very helpful and responsive. Being web based has definitely help us be more mobile and responsive to our customers. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Pros

easy to use web based

J'Val from Devour Events Inc

SO excited about Total Party Planner!

The customer training and support has been outstanding. It is really helpful to be learning how to use the system with someone who has working at a catering company so they have a clear understanding of what the day to day and event to event work is within a catering company. I also really appreciate that they have a system or suggested process to follow in terms of how to introduce the software to your company in stages as opposed to having everything ready for full functionality at the start.

Pros

I really like how it has been designed by people who have worked in the industry so they understand how it is going to be used and how it can help.

Cons

I wish there were more creative options for what the client proposals can look like.

Reasons for Choosing Total Party Planner

The fact that it had been designed by someone who had grown up in the catering industry was the main reason why I even looked into it. I also felt like the interface was much more intuitive and easy to understand as compared to Caterease. And the pricing and payment options (based on numbers of users and applications used) was very competitive as well.

Melissa from Attitude on Food

Why did we wait so long to get TPP!?!?

We switched to TPP a couple of years ago because we needed a software that could do more for us as we continued to grow. Transitioning something like this isn't always easy, but the customer support we received from TPP, made everything happen pretty smooth. We still don't use it to it's full abilities and that is going to change in the next year. We are excited to see just how much more a software can impact our company!! Oh, and the reason, I only gave 4 stars on Ease of Use, is because of me! ;)

Sue from The Oaks

Great for event planning businesses

Great customer service, have always been fast to respond. Courtesy call to check on how we are doing a few times a year.

Pros

Easy to use, web based, keeps track of all details for events, integrates with google calendar and Quickbooks, schedule staff with email notification, tracks inventory, great report function for payroll.

Cons

I would like more options to create my own reports.

Amber from Chef Jeff Catering

Saves time so you can focus on the food and service

It saves us times!!! Improves communication between the client team and kitchen/production team Helps keep our events and inventory organized

Pros

I like that I can quickly whip up a professional proposal and send it right within the system, this function alone saves me hours and is worth the price. It is so easy to make changes to a proposal. We are starting to use some of the other features including the costing and pack lists and it's all just making our business more efficient and productive. I wish I would have found this program sooner. I would strongly recommend to any caterer.

Cons

I would like the ability to have a couple of screens open within the same window at the same time.

November 2009

Megan from Mr. & Mrs. Catering Service

November 2009

Can't Live Without Total Party Planner

Absolutely two thumbs up! The price is great! The product is easy to use! Customer Service is always there to answer your questions if you have any. Total Party Planner would be an asset to anyones business.

Pros

This product has made my life so simple. Our entire company is run through this program from the initial entry of the event, to the pricing of the event, to building the menu, to the closing of the event and sending it over to quickbooks via the web. The ease of clicking on my party via the calendar, the ease of finding a client or venue as well as changing them during set up of the event, the ease of adding menu items when creating the menu are all great. Total Party Planner is always making their product easier to use through updates from their knowledge and clients input. We have the web version and the business can be tracked from the comfort of my home or when out of town or on vacation. Because we are on the web, we have full access to our company. We can email invoices or proposals from anywhere. I can go on and on on how great this program is and how it has made my life easier in our catering business.

Cons

I can't find any cons. If there is an issue, we call customer service and make a suggestion and the folks over at Total Party Planner usual try to implement the idea if it makes sense for the users.

Rhonda from Joe's Catering-Panhandle Restaurant Group

Precious Time Saver

When I became the catering director for an established well know company in our area we were using an appointment book, Microsoft Word, Excel and a huge whiteboard to keep up with events. To say the least it was confusing and hard to keep up with. Party Planner streamlined this process and saved me hours of office time plus it has given us a more professional look when sending proposals and invoices to clients. I am also able to copy reoccurring events and make changes easily for my clients. I absolutely love it!

Pros

It streamlines all documents needed for my staff to fulfill their individual jobs. I also love the mobile app.

Kristin from Icon Hospitality

Icon Hospitality

So far, great experience. The transition was smoother than we expected but took some time/energy due to the catering software we used in the past. I am sure there is alot more we could use Total Party Planner for within our company, but it will just take more time to explore.

Pros

More reliable than our last catering software company

Cons

Does not fully integrate with the some of our systems the way we would like it (outlook, social tables, one hub). Ideally we would like to be able to send our BEOs through our One Hub system for signatures but I knot this is a new feature you are starting.

Nancy from Gourmet Caterers

Best Software for your money & easy to use!

I've been a user of Total Party Planner for at least 6 years. It is such a complete program that it makes it easy to keep track of our business. I highly suggest the purchase of the online program. The support given to your company to put the system in place is absolutely fantastic. Thanks John & crew for making our experience so great!

Pros

Ease of setting up

Cons

I like everything have found nothing bad