• Pros

• "The app is easy to use and understand.I really like the flexibility "

• "Sounds cool with so many features, customer support is nice and helpful."

• "Easy to use and gives me the basic functionality I am looking for."

• Cons

• "From the client user end, it's an ok presentation. Clients found it to be a bit wonky at times, and a little confusing to use at times. However, signing up for classes went well. "

• "Some exercises are difficult to find when building a workout for my clients. Very rare but it has happened."

• "I feel there are some features missing, especially within the workout section. However I have sent my feedback to the support group. This was well accepted, so hopefully this will be improved."

Browse Virtuagym Reviews

Oliver from The Wellness Business Travel PA

BUSINESS PLANNING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT

My business model required a software where we can prescribe and schedule exercise for business travellers and the Virtugym software has way exceeded our expectations and in fact has shaped our business plan much more than we could of antipated.

Pros

The software is extremely versatile which has shaped the business direction of our physical activity intervention for the corporate market. The number of exercises and activities listed in the library is amazing, you can really shape your fitness programming to any demographic, we specialise in corporate health and the library provides everything and more for our exercise prescription. Finally, I find that the using the animated personal trainer is really motivating for clients as they are not intimidated by a perfectly toned personal trainer, which can be demotivating, this tool enables you to look at the character and visualise that you can do the exercise demonstrated by looking at an illustration.

Cons

In the membership phase of setting up the software, it would be useful if you can delete membership you no longer wish to keep active, you can only disable them. However, when I asked a member of the customer support team did explain that other users accidentally deleted memberships, so this is why Virtuagym implemented the disable option. So I guess the users need to be more carefull.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Oliver, Thank you so much for your amazing review and the time you took to write it! We are so happy that you and your customers are happy with our product. Of course, we are aware that we can always improve and therefore customers like you who spend time to give us valuable feedback are truly important to us. Hopefully we'll be able to find a more elegant solution to the membership deletion in the future! If you have any more feedback for us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat or email! - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Elizabeth from CFE Nutrition

Nutrition App/Meal Plans

Overall my experience has been well! For the most part about 90% of my clients have been successful using the app. The other 10% really struggle since they are used to the easiness of MyFitness Pal's tracking features.

Pros

I only use the Calorie Counter app and meal plan software. I like that I can see all of my clients food logs, load foods into their meals plans, and customize their macros. It makes it easy to monitor my clients intake to ensure they are hitting their goals to lead to results. Being able to save meals is great, especially when I have clients who eat the same meals a lot, or if I want to save a quick meal for my clients to have access too. I also like how my clients can see the little icon (yellow) to let them know I personally input that food item or created a meal. Overall I have enjoyed using the software!

Cons

There needs to be a way to create a recipe. One like MyFitness Pal, where you load all of the bulk ingredients of the recipe, then attach the number of servings the entire recipe creates so you can log the single serving. It is too challenging for my clients to log food if there is a recipe involved because it is a VERY length process to create a meal based on serving size when it is cooked in bulk. I believe there also needs to be a feature to track the 3 macros in grams versus percentages. Clients have a better understanding when they know "I have to hit 150g of carbs" versus seeing 100% at the top once carbs are hit. In the app, when you click on the percentage circles it gives a large range of macros to fall within. This does not allow for accuracy to truly see fat loss or muscle gain. When it comes to grams of macros, there is a very small window (5g of Pro/Carbs and 2g Fat) to ensure calories are not way over or under. Right now the app can fluctuate 80g which is HUGE that is 320 calories plus or minus on both carbs and proteins , fats fluctuate close to 22g which could be a 198 calorie difference. If someone continually hit high on those macros they would never lose the fat they desired When people input foods, there seems to be a lot of confusion when attaching a portion, or just in general since it autofill's to Macros Based on 100g. I have seen many food items input completely wrong, this could really put someone in a bad position when logging .

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

I liked how it was a completely custom set up with a platform for my clients. I like being able to access each clients food diaries as well as have the option to load meals right into their app! It is extremely user friendly on a coaching stand point and I have had no problems navigating it. The price is also much more realistic for me since I am a super small business. There are some small speed bumps I run into, however, I have been good with overcoming them. I do still struggle getting some clients on board to be patient and take time to learn the software.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hello Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We are currently working on improving the nutrition app and your suggestions will be, of course, taken into consideration. Please feel free to contact us at support@virtuagym.com.

Kayla from KDAVIS Fitness

Great App, horrible customer service

I rate is a 5/5 for the App and a 1/5 for customer service.

Pros

I wish I could rate this App 5 stars for everything as it has been an asset to my business. I use it every single day to run my online business, the app itself is very user-friendly for my clients and easy to use on the back end. It has many great features that make creating and following workouts very easy.

Cons

If you are looking or in need of good customer service, this app isn't for you. They have failed me many times in the customer service department. Slow to respond, sometimes days when I need assistance urgently. My app was down for a month and a half earlier this year, what should have been my best month of the year ended up being my worst of all time. They have a great product, just need to put a lot of work into their customer service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Kayla Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that our app has become such an asset for the development of your business and that your clients find our many available features easy to use. The situation you had mentioned about your app being down, did you mean that your entire app was actually down, or were you referring to the issue we had experienced with custom workouts not playing? As the only record of the issue that we have is with the workouts and that was due to YouTube changing their license agreement and unfortunately, that affected any business that relies on YouTube to share their videos. We would love to hear more about your experience so we can continue to improve the service we provide to all of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and use the code JA18615 in the subject line. Your feedback is very valuable and welcomed! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family."

Theresa from Fit for Me with Theresa

Great Program!!!

Great for the money. I am a very small gym, and alot of other companies, want to charge over $100/month for half of what Virtuagym has to offer! With Covid still here I haven't even advertised to get more people in so it's nice I can still afford this great program with everything that is going on.

Pros

I have been using this program for almost 3 years. I absolutely love what it has to offer to me and my clients. Able to keep measurements easily, plus has a great place to get workouts, and track nutrition. I also the communication board!!!

Cons

There's only one thing that was a block for me and that was when I was training some minor and each of them had to have their own account, and was not able to be put under their parents to just schedule all together.

Price point

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hello Theresa! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience with our system and especially, the coaching module. Your feedback will be of course taken into consideration when picking up new features for future improvements in our software.

Susan from Pamela Bennett Fitness

Slow Start

Client engagement is active with use of the platform.

Pros

Our studio loves the Community feature of this product to share information, updates, and ease of engagement with clients. Ease of scheduling classes and other functions increases the more you use the platform. The use of groups for specific modalities and increased engagement with instructors is another plus. The mobile app and additional Nutrition App through the PRO feature is also a great feature to pair fitness and nutrition.

Cons

The financial set-up was a nightmare at the start as we were not able to use US payment systems. The turn around time from PaySafe was not at all conducive to good business practices. This seems to have been recently rectified with the addition of other payment options.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

not sure as I was not involved in the product selection.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Split with business partner and needed to have a separate and unique platform ASAP.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Susan, Thank you very much for your review! It is quite exciting to hear that our services have become an ally when it comes to helping your business not only meeting but also exceeding expectations in regards to client engagement. We value your comments about the areas of opportunity you've shared as these allow us to better assess our priorities and improve while continuously building a completely functional solution for every single one of our clients! Feel free to contact us at any time by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll be there to effectively answer all questions and address any requests you may have. All the best, Your Virtuagym family!

Valarie from Sport Manitoba

Great for clients, not yet great for the business end

We were super excited when we found this software, and thought it could do everything we needed. But as we got into the set up and transferring from our old system it was honestly a bit of a let down. It is a better experience for our clients and that is why we are sticking with it but really hope to see some development on the back end side of it so it allows us to more easily run our business.

Pros

The customer side of this is great. Being able to adjust the app as we want and the ability to program for clients right in the app is awesome. We are getting great reviews from our clients.

Cons

The business side of things need some work. There are very simple functions that the system can not yet do like; limit sale of a membership, integrate scheduling types (appointments, classes, enrollments), adjust membership and invoice dates (after expiry, adjusting payment processing...), payroll report function. It makes it a lot harder on our end to manage our business.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

We THOUGHT it would do everything we needed and was some bonuses on the client side.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

We were not happy with the price increases of MB and the current functionality

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Valarie, Thank you for sharing your Virtuagym experience! We're glad to hear that our all in one solution has allowed your business to connect with your members while driving engagement and revenue. Also, your feedback is very relevant to us as we continue to strive to become the most complete and functional solution for our clients. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you need us by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll make sure to address all questions and keep in mind any suggestions you may have to improve the system overall. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family!

Brian from Procel Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Not Ideal for Small Business Users

I wasn't happy with the onboarding process as training was mostly independent and delay response time from support team. There was no option to buy out of 12 month agreement due to dissatisfaction with the product so you're left with a product that you dread to use. Only made use of their software for a couple months before switching to another product. Currently waiting for terms of agreement to expire so I don't have to see my account being billed by them.

Pros

I enjoyed the community board feature where updates can be posted in real time to the group/clients which promotes interaction. The app user friendly according to member feedback.

Cons

Not ideal for martial arts based businesses. The templates and features within the software seem catered more towards larger chain gyms/health clubs to track fitness stats important to personal training and traditional group fitness classes. The initial sales call made it appear that it would be easier for a small business to use, but it didn't feel like that at all.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

I only considered this product because I was on a time crunch for my Grand Opening and I needed something simple (which it was not) and something inexpensive.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Way more user friendly. Onboarding was a more pleasant experience very timely responses from support staff. Setting up workflow management and students was extremely easy. Way less stress in how this manages my business

Response from Virtuagym

Replied September 2020

Dear Brian, Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that our community and engagement module has become such a great tool for you to connect with your members! Our main goal is to continue improving while providing our clients with the most seamless and complete all-in-one solution package. Your feedback will be definitely taken into consideration. If you ever need assistance, you can always reach out to us at support@virtuagym.com, we will be happy to help! With warm regards, The Virtuagym Team!

Nancy from Glow Fitness Turks and Caicos

Virtuagym for the solo business owner

They have been really receptive. When their rates did go up - I thought here we go again - and I would be switching software but we found a solution.

Pros

I run boutique private training studio, as well run group classes at another facility. Because I am a sole operator, in my research many of these services can be too expensive as they are geared for gyms and bigger studios. Virtuagym worked with me to design a package that met my needs and I really appreciate that.

Cons

The report system is geared towards gyms and recruiting new members. I have had the same members for years so would love to see reports broken down by product sold each month vs new members.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Mind body increased their rates substantially, which really impacts the small business owner. The only option I had with Mindbody was to cut out features of the package I was using to lower my overall cost, which meant I would have no monthly reports or be able to track group classes and token usage which was integral for me.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Dear Nancy, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our services! We're thrilled to hear that you found an all in one solution for your business to drive results and success while keeping it affordable. Your comments are very valuable to us, which is why we'd like to encourage you to continue providing us with feedback and ideas for us to improve the system every time we can! You can email us at support@virtuagym.com with suggestions such as the one you mentioned about reports and we'll be glad to embrace your petitions. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family!

Jodie from Full Armor Wellness

Great Options and Features

Pros

We wanted to set ourselves apart from all other Fitness Facilities in the area. Virtuagym gave us that ability. We were able to create and customize an App specific to our needs and have the ability to make changes as needed as we grow. I love that everything is in one place and we easily view sales and memberships.

Cons

Some of the functions are not as user friendly as others. There seems to be added steps that could be better set up especially in Point of Sale. It was a learning curve to switch to a new system for us, but it seems to be working smoothly now.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

The customized App was the selling point for us. We also receive more for our money with Virtuagym.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Jodie Thank you for your review, We are glad to hear that Virtuagym has become such a great asset to your business. We love the fact that you find our custom app a useful tool for your needs! Your feedback is very valuable and we would like to hear more about those steps you consider unnecessary. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA31136 in the subject line so we can set up a time to chat about your ideas and feedback. (remember, they are doing us a favor by spending their time on us to give us feedback, make it sound valuable to us as well) Looking forward to hearing from you! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family"

tim from smartfit

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

THE MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND FITNESS MANAGEMENT PLATFORM EVER.

TERRIBLE. TOP TO BOTTOM.

Pros

AWFUL ACROSS THE BOARD. TOTAL RIP OFF. ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. CONSTANT PROBLEMS WITH SOFTWARE. RUN. MINDBODY IS 1000X BETTER. SO GLAD WE SWITCHED BACK TO MINDBODY.

Cons

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. INADEQUATE APP. USER EXPERIENCE WAS AWFUL AND CONFUSING. WAY OVERPRICED.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

WE COULD LEAVE VIRTUAGYM FAST ENOUGH. THE MOST AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. LIMITED HOURS, THE APP CRASHED SEVERAL TIMES. NOBODY WOULD GET BACK TO US TO HELP US. WE LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DURING THE CRASHES.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

OVER-PROMISED SALES PITCH B Y VIRTUAGYM. TURNED OUT TO BE THE WORST DECISION OF OUR FITNESS FACILITIES LIFE. WE SWITCHED BACK TO MINDBODY.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Dear Tim, Your feedback is very much appreciated, It is indeed very sad to hear that our services did not meet your expectations. We've been performing constant improvements to the system itself and the options available that it's a little bit strange to read it did not work for you at all. Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, obstacles will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly, at times it can take longer than desired to solve those. Finally, we've also added several qualified and expert people to both our development team and support for the client's consulting, in an attempt to continue improving our times for solution delivery. We'll definitely look up your account records as I mentioned before, to make sure all areas of opportunity can be accordingly addressed. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. Sincerely, The Virtuagym Team.

Gregg from RiseFit

COULD BE AWESOME BUT IT NOT

Lack honesty and integrity: they have been dishonest on a number of occassions adn never admit that they are lying to you. They promised us a payment provider other than PayPal in 2016, and we are still waiting. They dont seem to care that much for clients outside of The Netherlands. Very poor support: take too long to return communications, many customers IOS APP's have not been updated since 2018 when they claimed to have notified us all about a change in Apple App store policy and even after two years of apps not being updated they belived it was not their responsibility to assist their customers. During COVID closure they continued to charge full price and even took extra payments out of our account while we were closed and had no income.

Pros

WORKOUT BUILDER Extensive exericse library and custom exercises (including videos) are easy to add. MOBILE APPS There are Andriod and IOS App for customers and a Coaching App for coaches to use. They are good when they work. MANY FEATURES They provide features for Club management, and for coaches and customers. Have not found another software company that address all three well.

Cons

EXTREMELY OVERPRICED. Im a small owner operator and they charge me $300AUD a month. BUGS GALORE .It often has bugs and therefore doesnt work efficiently. IOS MOBILE APP - Has not been updated since 2018 and it has taken me over 2 months to get them to do it.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

At the time they had a much better quality product back in 2016.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Hello Gregg, Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you find our workouts and coaching module easy to use along with the features we provide for club management. Your feedback is deeply appreciated, although we work very hard day by day trying to provide our clients with the top-notch service they deserve, there will be times in which technology will have us facing certain obstacles. The areas of opportunity you've mentioned will allow us to continue assessing our priorities with a better focus as we move along into a path of success. Let us remind you to reach out whenever you feel like it by emailing us at support@virtguagym.com we'll be ready to help! All the best. Virtuagym,

Alexander from The Crew Bootcamps

What you see is what you get

Fantastic customer care experience, guided setup done with patience from one of their stuff, always available via phone for quick questions, the product is sleak and customisable to a great extent even without purchasing extra packets

Pros

Full Features and the pricing scales depending on your business size. That means that you get full service no matter how small your business is. Once you grow, you start paying more. It's a fair model

Cons

Still no Onefit integration but it's really a minor thing. I cannot find anything else to fault them for

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Fitmanager and Everfit (same company) charge you for each location you open. This might be good for a gym but it cannot apply to a bootcamp outdoors. You just have small groups of people here and there. They were not flexible enough to allow for this and the costs would have been too high.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Very expensive, very limited for a basic packet, not optimised for Europe (irrespective of what they like to claim)

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alexander Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear you've encountered so many benefits in your product and the tools we have built for our clients to not only meet but exceed their expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will continue to do our best when providing our clients with topnotch services as you all deserve! We look forward to excelling in every aspect of our services and making all the necessary efforts to be part of your business growth. Once again, your review is highly appreciated! Sending you all the best, Your Virtuagym Family.

Ryan from L.I.F.T. ACADEMY

By far the BEST training software for Fitness Professionals!

I have been using Virtuagym since April 2016.. I have used other platforms for my business (Mindbody, AmStatz, MyPTHub).. Virtuagym is on another level. There is a reason why they are internationally recognized and used by gyms around the WORLD. What sets them apart from any other service out there is there database of exercises and the ability to demonstrate each movement without having to be sent to a youtube video. The workout builder is awesome and very easy to use. The ONLY problem I can say about it is I wish there was a way to switch between reps vs time on exercises, and allow a way to create supersets & circuits. I have been able to easily work around that by just adding a note in the specific workouts I create. And their customer service has already confirmed them working on updating that portion of the software. Speaking of customer service.. They are amazing! You can call them anytime and speak to a real person! If you email them about an issue, someone replies within an hour. Scheduling clients is super easy. The app allows clients to register for their classes and automatically tracks remaining sessions/credits. The nutrition side is great for holding clients accountable and works similarly to myfitnesspal, but better, mainly because it is integrated with the workout portion of the program allowing clients to track calories burned/consumed. As the trainer it allows us to monitor each client individually allowing the info to remain private between trainer/client. The software also has a online portal allowing you to create "groups".. This allows you to separate members and easily communicate with your entire team. Overall I absolutely LOVE Virtuagym. Whether you're running a small studio (like me) or managing a large capacity box gym, investing in Virtuagym will instantly separate you from your "competition", especially with the custom mobile app! *****5 STARS ALL DAY! *****

Pros

Everything! But most of all I like the Workout Builder. 2nd would be the "Online Portal"

Cons

The ONLY thing I wish they would update is the Workout Builder.. Offering buttons to more easily switch reps/time, type of workout (circuit, hiit, supersets). Also maybe a way to copy exercises if you are doing them more than once within a workout? Virtuagym has already confirmed they are working on updates. In the meantime I have been able to easily work around these by adding little notes within the specific workouts.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Ryan, thank you so much for your feedback! Just reading this made us feel proud about the hard work we all put into creating not only a great product but also cater each client's specific needs. As my colleagues have already confirmed, we are currently building a new version of the workout editor which will include many more different functions such as circuits and supersets. All best, Alkistis

June 2016

Joost from Medisch Centrum Zuid

June 2016

VG can be big

I like VG because it offers it all. In the beginning the development went very fast, but lately I didn't see a lot of improvements. The small details make VG hard to work with. And also for training, I don't like it. It's to complex The supportservice is great and doing the best they can. I hope the development will show some results in the next year.

Pros

Virtuagym tries to be a total sollution, and will be that. But for no it's "in progress". Has a lot to offer. The foodapp is great Customer administrations is good, but need a lot of solvings Roster app is great. Easy overview of groupsessons and PT. Extra pay options are good.

Cons

Trainingsapp is to difficult to use. Takes to much time to search for excersises. App is not ready for Ipad. Customer administrations is not perfect, but for that goal it has to be perfect. It's so unhandy that you cannot undo your actions. Coachingapp is not usable to coach. I want to get a sigh when it's my cliënts birthday, when they want or need contact with an instructor. Taskapp is not easy to use.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2016

Hi Joost, thank you for your honest and elaborate feedback! We are very sorry to hear that you feel Virtuagym is not offering the things you need as a total package at this point. Lately we have focused a lot of attention on creating new option in our Financial part. For example, we now offer recurring online payments for the whole world! Next to that, we've had updates like iCal/Google Calendar connection with the scheduling app, scanning your POS items with a barcode scanner, more check-in options and in the next update you'll see we've been working hard on a Walkthrough system for new (and existing) customers! In the upcoming months, we expect to release more features regarding invoices, but also a new Schedule and of course the long awaited Workout Editor. We are still working on that, it's just a huge project! We'd love to have a call to talk about important things you feel are missing and how we could improve your experience. I will contact you later this week! Regards, Floor

Andeas from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Good platform, but no payment system support in Denmark & bad customer service

Good platform, but really bad service. They dont fix bugs thats not working, slow custom service. If you have a gym or fitness center in Denmark / Europa dont buy this system. Payment does support it & there not helping you fixing it!

Pros

- Easy to use - alot of features - Good app setup - Good platform layout.

Cons

- Support reply is really really bad..... Long reply time when you write a email. - No phone line for service or support. - Automatic payment system does not support Denmark (Paysafe, Mollie Sepa, Gocardless dont work in denmark) - Still working to get the automatic payment system to work, but there not helping out.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Hello Andreas, Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym! We're glad to hear that our tools and services work fine for your business and are easy to use. We've worked really hard to come up with the most complete solution for our clients, it's wonderful to know that our app set up and platform layout are a plus for you! Feedback is one of the most important pillars on our company, which is why we'll definitely take a closer look at your interactions with our client success team and continue to work to provide you with the outstanding support you deserve. Let us remind you to reach out at support@virtuagym.com and we'll share with you our new enhanced phone line for questions, concerns, and requests! Wishing you all the best, Virtuagym,

Daniel from SD Fitness

Virtuagym: great all-in-one system

My partner and I began with Virtuagym after I had investigated their booth at the 2016 Club Industry Show in Chicago. From a mobile-fitness owner's standpoint and for traditional clubs, this system can be your go-to for a complete software. First off, their support is exceptional with live chat and dedicated, rapid email response. All of my concerns and questions were always answered in a timely manner and from my requests, they've made changes to our system for us on what we wanted. For specific feautures, Ill touch on a few, but their pdf catalog/brochure really lays out everything nicely for what is offered. New and existing members can sign up for the system via request or going to the club's "online shop" where they may browse the club's products and packages. They can view a schedule with the club's class listings and book their spot. Member's receive their own profile page which can be customized and it is part of the club's own social feed. Groups can be added for different demographic purposes for what population the content speaks to. Members can create their own workouts from a large exercise and activity database, track their progress with many measurement options. Track food with a huge database of foods as well as create your own meals by saving particular foods in the nutrition diary as a meal, so it can be accessed later if the client makes and eats the same thing. Nutrition facts are clearly displayed and this can be a good tool, however does take time and work for one to become proficient and willing to do this all the time. The system syncs with Fitbit for basic statistics and VG has their own activity trackers that go with their system, NeoHealth, which could be a promotion to members. From a personal coaching standpoint, I would grade this system a B. Ive been told some updates are near that would work out some kinks and be useful additions. Push notifications, a "circuit/superset" option in the workout builder, majority of posts on the social feed go through, but some receive an error and most be re-entered. But alot is offered. You can send workouts and activities to the client's activity calendar, set up and fill in their meal plan and set goals. For business, everything is offered. Point of sale, kiosk check ins, marketing, services, memberships and more can be edited for the individual club or coach's liking

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Daniel, Thanks for your nice review and for your accurate description of our service! It is great to see how well you are doing and how efficiently we are helping you run your business! Features such as push notification and superset editor (and much more!) are currently in our roadmap, and we hope they will be implemented soon, in order to make us deserve your A-grade! We thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to write this review, and please do not hesitate to reach out if anything! Have a great day, Walter - Virtuagym Customer Success Department

Alex from AG Training

Good product for my Online PT business

Overall I'm satisfied to be able to have a tool that takes lots out of my plate in admin processes.

Pros

Easy to create workouts and deliver them to my clients. Keeping track and accountability are major for keeping motivation. The business admin has been very helpful to keep finances easier

Cons

The customer service communication at the beginning with me was not good, take to long for getting and answer. I see they have been working on it, but still, lots more to do to improve post-sales client service

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

I was looking for a product offering food tracking and workouts. My Fitness Pal still being a little easier for my clients to track food that Food app but the benefit of having the Progress track and exercises on the same platform was the main reason for changing

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Alex! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are excited to read that you have found our workout components and administrative module useful when guiding your clients throughout their fitness journey! As a team, we want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your initial communication with our customer care division. We will continue working towards becoming more effective when addressing our clients' requests in order to deliver outstanding service! Once again thank you for your suggestions! With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family.

Rebecca from Strive2BFIT

Satisfied customer

I think a lot of work needs to be done on the client interface in terms of scheduling workouts and how they view these. The word that comes to mind is clumsy.

Pros

Easy to use once you know how. I have been using this for bookings and managing my accounts and it works well.

Cons

The cost to increase membership base. I run Group training and would love to be able to add these members onto the system but it is gets too expensive. If I could I would use the booking functionality more. Further to this the app in terms of clients experience is not great and east for clients to use and understand so I tend to not use this. When putting in place programmes for clients it is confusing for them to find the workouts. This needs to be simplified.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Because I had used this when working at a gym before going out on my own and knew how to use it.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Rebecca Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are happy to hear that you find our modules for booking and managing accounts useful for your business. We would love to discuss with you further how you envision a more user-friendly interface for your clients and we understand that this is the #1 priority for most of our clients. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA35287 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon! With warmest regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Emm from Tick Fitness and Physiotherapy

Tick Performance

Being in another country does make it difficult to follow up with any issues

Pros

I like the content and the presentation, back end content, and app store app

Cons

I am still waiting for Ezidebit Aust to become apart of the integrations - I was initially informed it would be less than 1 year to onboarding but 2 years later I am still waiting.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

To access better back end content

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Emm Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that you find our content and presentation, positive aspects of Virtuagym. We would like to hear more about those areas of opportunity you feel we can continue to work on when it comes to better access to back end content. Unfortunately, our partnership with Ezidebit has been put on hold. With their current pause of payouts to clients, we are unsure when this can be picked up again. But we will make sure to keep you posted once there is a change in their situation. Please feel free to write to us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA23872 in the subject line. Many thanks, Your Virtuagym Family"

Mariano from Ultimate Physique Fitness Centre

'Client Success Team' & Updates problems

Not as it was described upon selection

Pros

Workout plans, meal plans and invoicing on 1 software

Cons

'Client Success Team' & all the issues that come up with each developer's update. After doing our best to keep up with the numerous issues encountered we have 2 major issues that are severely affecting our business. We have already emailed the 'client success team' for months but no temporary solution/help was provided and honestly we doubt even if the issues were understood, further to the replies received. We also asked for the contact details of someone at a higher position and where informed that he can give us a call only next week! 1 of the issues has been reported 3 months ago and till today no feedback/solution whatsoever were offered. It's already the second day with the 2nd issue and this is keeping our business on hold. For obvious reasons such issue is costing us a lot of money plus damage to our reputation with our clients.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Mariano, It sounds like you didn't have the best of experience and we are deeply apologetic for that lapse in service. We will reach out to you shortly to see how we can improve the value we provide to your business.

Anna from AnnaRockstar Fitness

Wish the Product Would Work as Advertised

Frustrated

Pros

Customer service is friendly and easy to access

Cons

I give feedback all the time to customer service. I'm frustrated with Virtuagym. I've made several attempts to create motivating challenges for my Rockstar Clients only to be disappointed because Virtuagym is not working right and their data is not being processed into the challenge. This is soooo disappointing. I get my clients all excited for a challenge, they sign up and then it doesn't work. It creates mistrust from them in me and the app and it's a let down. Especially since I am a loyal customer with over 100 members. Also, STILL waiting after months on the sycn for Fitbit to be corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Customer service was easier to contact

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hi Anna. Thank you for sharing this with us! We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had with the challenges. We are already picking this fix up for a near-future release, so hopefully, this will have a positive impact on your business.

Allen from PinkLadies

Customer retention and ease of communication was our primary goal this software smashed those goals

Pros

The fact that I can communicate with all my members in one place, schedule, take payments and have the full functionality of the finance section, but also add in as many staff members as needed specifically to their individual departments just Love this option. Great to track memberships and attendance as well as online option to our business. The support by far is AWESOME the team that looks after the UK clients are simply incredible and they go over and above to help and have worked late working on our system and to know that you have a full office pulling out all the stops to make things awesome for your business is such a relief. Telephone, email and chat feature are the support methods and when that office is shut other offices worldwide pick up the issue and assist so the support package is by far the best I've come across and without them I would have not stayed with the software. But they have gone above and beyond to help us get it right and that I value a lot, team is fantastic real-life hero's

Cons

The notifications are not very quick, and the apps are individual as opposed to being just one for portal, food and coaching. Lot to get head around at first but support is incredible

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2018

Hi Allen, Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear you're happy with our product and services. As a company, we try to improve and learn every single day and that is why your feedback is so incredibly important to us! We know what a daunting and difficult process it is to adapt and learn a new system. There is usually a lot to learn and not much time to do so - However, that is why we are here to help, assist, consult and guide you. Please do know that if you have any feedback or require any assistance from us we're happy to help! :) - Anna, Virtuagym Client Success Department

Francesco from Ponteroca

Virtuagym Review

I run about 20 clients online, 95% don't even live in my country. Would be a lot harder without the app.

Pros

Ease of use for me to get workouts to my clients directly on their phones.

Cons

I think its not that easy to get clients stats, pics on the App. I think trainer should be able to set reminders to clients and clientes get measurements and pics on their app that we can see easily when coaching.

Branded App

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Francesco, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Virtuagym! We are thrilled to hear that you are making the most out of our coaching module by connecting with your clients at all times and helping them achieve their goals. Your feedback and comments are highly appreciated, we understand there are some areas of improvement and commit to working on them to provide you with all the tools your business needs to continue driving success! Remember you are welcome to contact us at all times by emailing our support team at support@virtuagym.com we'll be ready to expertly answer your questions and approach any requests you may have. Sincerely, Your Virtuagym family!

Jessica from Corporate fitness works

Virtuagym- CFW

Overall the system is okay. The staff for Virtuagym when calling in should know how to answer every question when asked. The product could have an updated appeal to the server. Make reporting overall easier and have tutorials for learning all aspects of the system rather than having to schedule a meeting with a rep when they don’t know all of the answers to help which delays the process.

Pros

Different options members have with logging their information, easy manual check in process

Cons

Out dated, not being able to merge multiple favorites to one, active with a profile is misleading if the members have not completed the waiver for reporting, reporting features aren’t 100% helpful (shouldn’t have to export in order to run a report). With being with the company for a little over a year the system has went down a lot.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Jessica! Thank you very much for sharing your input in regards to our services and solutions. We are glad to hear that you've taken advantage of the data logging and manual check-in tools we have developed for our clients! Your feedback about the merging options, reporting features, and system steadiness is very valuable to us. We would love to have a conversation with you about the areas of opportunity previously mentioned, feel free to write us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA24699 as the subject of the email. Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family.

patrick from phyto nutrition

I have had success with the Virtua Gym software package.

I have been using the Virtua Gym branded app & all in one package since September 2016. Initially it took a bit of time to navigate the system and find out how I could use the features for the services we offer. After some testing, we built new meals plans, as well as integrated workout plans through the software. My team of Dietitians have been able to incorporate the Virtua gym software into some of our planning and tracking, and our clients have had great success. The software is all inclusive, it has many features available to you, so you can customize your software package to your needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the product, and it has allowed me to expand my services offering. Customer services has always helped me with any issues I've had. I recommend VirtuaGym!

Pros

The many different software features to run a health clinic

Cons

I was told that the software would link with fitbit scales, however, they do not link to the scales, only the trackers.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Patrick! Thanks so much for your kind comment. Familiarizing with the system at the beginning might indeed take more time than after becoming a Virtuagym master. This is absolutely regular, as it relates to a new and revolutionary way of working! We are very happy that this time was well spent and we hope to have addressed you to the best, as we always strive for! We're working to expand the range of hardwares that we connect to, therefore stay tuned in order to get the best out of our service! If anything, please do not hesitate to give a shout and we'll be happy to help you out. Have a great one! Walter - Virtuagym Customers Success team

Pamela from Sharlin Health Neuro Fitness

Perfect for a boutique fitness center

The setup and support have been amazing. It was so easy to set up personal training packages and sign up new members.

Pros

Keeping track of invoices and member sessions is a breeze. I love having a branded app to share homework with members and the ability to use it to help create community.

Cons

The integration of zoom for online training is not automatic. You still have to send them the link. Two different schedules is kind of confusing as well. Workout handouts aren't easy to read for members and there is no way for me as a coach to create a favorites list of exercises.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Cost and exercise programming integration.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied October 2020

Dear Pamela, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It's incredibly helpful to know that you like the billing and the membership modules and that you have found the Custom Mobile App that useful. Our team is continuously working on improving our product, and including the link to an online event after a booking is already on our roadmap. Please feel welcome to browse our knowledge base and our YouTube channel for walkthroughs of all of our features and answers to frequently asked questions or email us at support@virtuagym.com if you need assistance on the above-mentioned topics. Again, we thank you for taking the time to rate us, we're very appreciative of your kind words. The Virtuagym team.

Tracy from Village Fitness

Great product, terrible "contract terms"

After 15 months of using the system it is now more than I need and far too expensive given that I have downsized my operations. I have tried to cancel only to be told that because I was into a second term of the 12 month contract, and not provided notice within the month before renewal, basically "too bad - pay out your contract - that's what you agreed to over a year ago". The sales guy explained to me on sign up that I was committed for one year... alarm bells should have sounded then... When I asked where my renewal reminder was 3 months ago I was told they don't do those and that these are the terms I had agreed to. Even big end insurance companies are required to provide renewal notices! Most subscription services confident in their product give the ability to cancel your subscription at any time.

Pros

The product is great for a big end gym. I like the social media side of things in building a community.

Cons

As a personal trainer of a small business it has proved more than I need and far too expensive given our exchange rates.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Tracy, Thank you so much for you feedback. We do indeed prolong contracts with 12 months, as stated in the terms and conditions. I am sorry to hear that according to you this has not been clearly communicated. If there is anything we can help you with then please contact us via support@virtuagym.com.

Terrence from Bodylinez LLC

Good product

Good

Pros

Pretty easy to use. Does a good bit for my business.

Cons

Some glitches in the program and mobile app is tough

More features

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

"Dear Terrence, Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that your experience with our solutions has been both seamless and useful. Your feedback is very valuable. Would you please share with us some more details about those glitches you've encountered? Please email us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA15177 in the subject line. Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

Marshall from Blue Line Strength Training, LLC

Improvements

Overall good experience but difficult to make payments.

Pros

Overall easy for clients to set-up and use.

Cons

For some exercises it would be nice to have a feature to record videos or be able to post live streams.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Marshall Thank you very much for Review! We are happy to hear that you find the tools and solutions we have built for you easy to use. Just to make sure you take complete advantage of our tools, let us share with you our current streaming options: 1. Here is a link on how to create a custom activity in which you can upload your own videos https://virtuagym.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201870881-Workouts-How-do-I-add-a-video-to-a-custom-activity- 2. We recently launched some other options for streaming and you can find further information here on both articles https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/explore-virtuagym-new-integrations-live-stream-on-zoom-youtube-google-hangouts/ and https://business.virtuagym.com/blog/live-streaming-via-your-virtuagym-community/ We hope you'll find this information useful for your business! Best regards, Your Virtuagym Family."

May 2016

Justine from Babes on the Run

May 2016

Not what I needed

This software is better suited to someone wanting to manage clients one-on-one, manually. After trialling for a few days, I realised that it wasn't going to suit my business coaching needs as we do some group programs (as do many Personal Trainers and gyms) and I need a system that has automations integrated and the ability to tag and group my clients based on the programs they are doing. This system cannot do this. This company doesn't advertise a free trial period like many competitors but is still bound by the cooling off period on its contracts. I cancelled 5 days into trying to set up the system. A week later, after advising the product wouldn't suit, I am still waiting on an answer about a requested refund and cancellation of my contract. Even though by law, Virtuagym must provide at least a 7 day cooling off period, 8 days later they still won't confirm that I can cancel. I still have to wait 'on management reviewing' my case? I have trialled 3 other systems and haven't had any issue up to this point. There are some amazing programs on the market but it's hard to ascertain the functionality of system until you work in it. I have now had to advise my bank of this dispute and to challenge the current charge plus any further. I am really disappointed with this poor service.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied May 2016

Hi Justine, Thank you for reviewing Virtuagym. It's a pity our software didn't completely match your needs. I would like to clarify something for the readers of your review. We do not offer a trial right now, because we want to help you get the most value out of the system. A guided onboarding process has been the most successful for our existing clients. Our solution is very extensive and flexible, and therefore we prefer to help our clients getting the most out of it based on their needs. Together. Also, as far as I know, a 7-day cool off period only applies to consumers, and not to businesses. I can see you signed a 1-year contract with us. By law, I don't think we did anything wrong. This is the first time I heard about this specific case happening, so I assume that's why it takes a bit longer to get back to you. Our support team will be back in touch with you soon, and I'm sure we'll find a satisfactory solution. Best regards, Tommy Klouwers Marketing Manager

Pascale from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Terrible Customer Service

Highly recommend against using it.

Pros

Variety of workouts and easy to use for food logging.

Cons

The customer service! First it took about 1 month before I could even use the customized app. Then I couldn't see my workouts in my app. Apparently that was an Android issue and took about 3 weeks to be fixed. I used the software for some time and, since my client don't really use it, canceled my 1 year commitment 30 days in advance. But nobody seems to be available to acknowledge my cancelation. There's no phone number, no chat feature or anything. Very upsetting and time consuming. They better don't charge me again since I fullfilled my 1 year contract.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hello Pascale, Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the CMA process can be a little overwhelming and take a little too long for our clients to complete. Because of that we had since introduced a CMA Specialist to make the process fast and easy for our clients. Glitches with Android is something that is unfortunately outside of our control and we work closely with Android and iOS to find a swift resolution do minimize the inconvenience caused to our clients. All that being said, we do wish to apologise for the delayed cancellation process. No excuses there and we do appreciate you taking the time to bring that lapse in service to our attention. Thank You!

Shane from RiseFit

Will be good in another 1-2 years I think, but currently not as great as it makes out it is.

Pros

The software has the beginnings of a well rounded, professional platform - IOS and Android applications complement the Web Portal Interface. Many of the features are workable, some are much better than the other alternatives on the market.

Cons

Lack of visibility in product's development - as a client we don't know when a promised feature will be released (if ever). Basic functionality such as the ability to create supersets inside the workout editor took years to implement; VG stated that this was because the workout editor needed a complete redesign; but did not give anyone any idea of when this would be released other than *soon*. Billing automation is clunky and does not integrate with many of the vendors in the market.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Shane, Thank you so much for your feedback! We completely understand your point about the transparency of the development of the product. Our road map changes based on the developments in the fitness industry, so providing actual release dates is not common in the SAAS world. We do want to become more clear in the way we communicate updates. Thanks!

So much to offer

I enjoy using Virtuagym and so do my clients.

Pros

I love how much the software has to offer! I wanted a software that does it all to automate some of the work. They have scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges, etc. The customer service has been amazing!

Cons

Because it has so much to offer, it has been a bit overwhelming setting it up and learning. However they offer lots of training videos and 1-on-1 training, you just need to set time aside for that.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2018

Hi There! Thanks for leaving such a wonderful review for Virtuagym! We are glad that you are enjoying our product to take of your scheduling, coaching, exercises, nutrition, activity tracker, point of sale, online shop, challenges. It sounds like Virtuagym is taking care of some heavy lifting so that you can focus on making the world a healthier place! We work very diligently to give you the tools to do what you do best so I will pass your review along as it will provide our team with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. I know you mentioned that because it is a lot to learn a new software that you have felt overwhelmed. Nonetheless, we are happy to be here with you and for you every step of the way. Just reach out, we are just an email away at support@virtuagym.com ! Thank you, once again, for your kind words.

Greg from Workout Anytime Franchising LLC

Review of Virtuagym App Platform

Good, better, best - from due diligence through launch and ongoing support we could not have asked for a better rollout process and support. Their platform is intuitive and easy to set-up and they have worked to customize a detailed integration with our Club Management Software ABC Financial. Been impressed at every turn - cannot recommend them enough!

Pros

Robust platform with comprehensive feature set and support and implementation team that consistently goes out of their way to provide education and guidance every step of the way.

Cons

Really like the entire package - looked at every options out there in detail and Virtuagym checked all the boxes. Their ongoing support has made it an absolute pleasure to work with everyone on their team!

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Comprehensive platform and feature set, extensive experience supporting enterprise level club chains like ours, and a deep support team.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Greg! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Virtuagym. We are happy to hear that your onboarding and launch processes turned out great! And look forward to being part of your growth and success. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym Family

Junior from Pacific Beach Training

data driven!

I love using virtuagym as a trainer, but even more so as a business owner. It has made my client management so much more efficient. My absolute favorite part is the simple set up of the body metrics! As a trainer, it is imperative that you keep good notes, as well as document accurate changes in their body, strength, cardio, etc. And since we do this weekly, the paper stacked up fast in each client folder. Now, I save the paper cost, and purchased an additional laptop for the gym. We can't say enough good things about virtuagym and their staff! Happy to be a part of the team!

Pros

pretty user friendly. And a lot to offer.

Cons

the workout builder needs to hurry with the options of circuit workouts, and drop sets.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Junior! Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to have you in the Virtuagym family! It's so nice to hear that Virtuagym helped you with both the practical as well as the administrative aspects of your fitness business. Also your feedback about creating a payroll option for staff sounds amazing so I will make sure to discuss this with our product developers. Kind regards, Alkistis

Cassandra from FitRoom CF1, LLC

After using several other software's, Virtuagym is by far the best!

VirtuaGym has given us an amazing online platform to offer everything you and your client needs. The software is easy to use, super affordable and can handle just about anything we need it to do in order to run our fitness center. The members really enjoy the applications especially the nutritional guidance. It has been absolutely amazing to have the ability to add our own QR codes, youtube videos, video workouts, and images for our pro members to have access to has been valuable. Building the classes, schedules and memberships took some time to figure out but the support was above and beyond all competition. They never complain about how many times we ask for help and are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. VirtuaGym is constantly updating their software to meet the needs of this industry and I am excited to see how much they grow in the future. If you dream big for your business then there's no need to shop around for any other software/membership program.

Pros

Easy to Use Versatile Great Customer Service Affordable

Cons

App can be difficult

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2017

Hi Cassandra, many thanks for your enthusiastic review and kind words! We are happy and proud to hear that you and your clients find the system interesting and comprehensive and we are looking forward to hear your success story! All best, Alkistis

Alessandro from Fitness Trainer

best program in the fitness industry

Having this program has helped me to expand my clients

Pros

What I liked most about this program is the large amount of exercises. The application of training and nutrition are fantastic. Customers will be really happy.

Cons

What I liked the least is the time taken to build a training card. It can be improved.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied October 2018

Hi Alessandro, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our software and that it has helped you to expand your client base! Also, thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important that we get this valuable insight into your user experience so we can continue to improve our product every day. If you have have more feedback for us or a good idea or suggestion, you can always let us know via our contact page: https://virtuagym.com/contact. In addition, please never hesitate to reach out to our support team via support@virtuagym.com - We are happy to help! Thank you for your time to write a review. Best wishes, Anna - Virtuagym Client Success Department

Brent from Rochester Athletic Club

functional and flexible

Virtuagym is great to work with and address our needs quickly. They also help us come up with solutions that help us get the most out of the features.

Pros

Virtuagym offers the ability to put all of our content and services within the App which makes it easy for our members to access all of our content in one convenient place. It is easy to add tiles on the app that access other websites or companies we work with.

Cons

We have been happy with this product since we decided to purchase it.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied January 2021

Hello Brent, Thank you for your review and the confidence you have placed in us! It is highly pleasant for us to know that you are happy with our software. Please do not hesitate to contact us at support@virtuagym if you need further assistance.

Josko from Kraken Fitness

Worst customer service ever, they don't care about you.

Terrible.

Pros

There were absolutely no pros using this product. Every other system I used was better 10 fold. I have used Mindbody, Acuity, Appointly, and other similar fitness apps.

Cons

1) They lied in their sales call. When I asked about payroll they navigated around the question and didn't answer it directly (they don't offer pay roll). They told me that it was a mindbody substitute and while it looked great, their appointment booking was in BETA with many of the features missing. When I told them that I was dissapointed that they lied about the software they denied everything. When I asked for the sales call, they told me that they would give it to me as soon as possible that was 2 months ago... When I call, their managers are always on "lunch" or "in a call" 2) Extremely poor customer service. Constantly ignoring me. Taking days or weeks to respond. Blaming me for issues. Extreme lack of communication with other team members. They have been "attempting to speak to their manager about my case" for the last 30+ days. Good luck getting anything from these thieves. 3) They almost tried telling me that i'm tied into a year long contract. And finally they cancelled it. AFTER taking one more payment from me just a couple days before HAHA. And now that I'm asking for a refund are constantly ignoring me, saying that they'll get it to my asap, but nope. They just want to continue lying about everything thinking that i'll go away. 4) They told me that my implimentation of the software would start on December 9th and they began charging me then. but they didn't start until January.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Because they lied to me in the sales call.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, Josko Thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear that your Virtuagym experience was not as you expected from the sales standpoint. During the sales process, your needs are analyzed and our sales team will adapt our different modules accordingly. Nevertheless, I understand that the lack of clear communication must be very frustrating for you. We will definitely look into the details of the communication that took place between our you and our team and address any possible areas of opportunity we may find on our way. Once again thank you for taking the time and sharing your opinion. With Warmest Regards, Virtuagym, "

Janine from Fitness Gear + Training

DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE

Dealing with virtuagym has been an absolute nightmare. If I could give it less than zero stars, I would.

Pros

The only positive thing about virtuagym is being able to put our company's circuits in the app for clients to use during open session. However, we were told that we'd be able to film and upload our own exercises and that has only worked once. I've spent HOURS editing and uploading videos only to have them not work. It's beyond frustrating. It took 3 weeks to hear back about this issue and all I received was "Currently, there is a bug that is affecting a few portals the same way and it is almost ready for deployment by our software developers." 6 weeks later and the videos still don't work.

Cons

Everything about this software is a joke. We've had countless issues dealing with them and little resolve. The biggest issue we've had is the "system" copying contracts and adding unpaid credits to client’s profiles. We've had over 130 credits applied which is over $10,000 worth of sessions. I work for a small business and if we hadn't noticed this, we would be out of business. We’ve had contracts ended and added by the “system” as well discounts being added or not removed. It takes days, sometimes weeks to hear back from anyone about anything. When they email asking if the “ticket” has been resolved and I say no, they close the ticket out and we never hear back from them regarding the issue. I’ve been asking for weeks to get a call with upper management for my boss to speak with someone and we finally got something worked out and the call was canceled and hour before it was supposed to happen. I would use extreme caution doing business with them. I was not a part of the company when we brought VirtuaGym on, but they must have a good sales team. However, that’s where it ends.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

I was not a part of the company when they made the change, but the main reason was because virtuagym offers an app for the clients to use, but again, we can't upload our own videos into our circuits like we were promised so we probably won't be using them much longer.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hello Janine, We are of course very sorry to hear that you have had such an unfortunate experience. When dealing with software technology it is impossible to avoid bugs, issues, and glitches even for large companies like Google, Apple, Netflix, and Facebook. That, of course, does not make it any better for you as a business and can take away precious time and occasionally money. Unfortunately some fixes take time, more time than desirable and the support team do their best to answer client queries in response to the problems. It seems that in your case, the situation was not handled to your satisfaction and we would be happy to discuss it with you in further detail. Please email us at support@virtuagym.com and put reference code AH34431 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!

Amy from Checkmate Boxing

The WORST Customer Service ever....but really good App based system for workout tracking

I was attracted to them for their features, which I have not found a comparable replacement (maybe I'll will try programming my own in the future), but honestly, it is never going to be a one-stop shop as I was hoping with the way their system is going. I absolutely DREAD talking to their customer support system as they are very ignorant and stubborn about their policies, I think there have been a few people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have been understanding of our issues and actually tried to help. Everyone else seems to think that our problems are not their problem, and don't really take the time to truly understand their own software. Payment system is absolute crap, you're better off using a different system like Stripe or Square. Their scheduling went down for a whole day and all we got was a "SORRY" e-mail. I mean...our customers were unable to book for a whole day which is several hundred dollars in revenue and that's all you can say? We switched to a different booking software when that happened. But I will most likely keep virtuagym for the fun features they have like the workout tracking and such (and also because I am inadvertently locked in for a 1-year contract that was never fully explained and keeps increasing because no one will take the charges off....yay.)

Pros

Their workout trackers are awesome. I love that they integrate with different companies (though maybe not particularly well) as I was trying to set up an integration with AccuroFit and after two month, it still seems they cannot figure out how to do this. I purchased their recommended bioimpedance scales which is great because we are able to run gym challenges, and members love being able to track their lifting workouts and have a workout player whenever they want. We regularly use the community portal aspects of the software and the app based system makes it easy to talk to members and send notifications about specific things.

Cons

Their salespeople are good. Good enough that with their features alone they can convince you to purchase a YEAR LONG subscription without trying it out. By the way, they don't ever explain to you what features you're paying for or when your pricing goes up, why that happened because you accidentally made some changes that affect your subscription. The customer support team/on-boarding team is absolutely dismal. From day 1, I felt like I was explaining to their support how their system worked. They have no idea what is going on and they basically give you 2 30 min phone calls and expect you to figure it out on your own (when they can't even figure it out). I wanted to setup a system that allowed for different credits and booking based on levels and their onboarding specialist asked me during our first phone call "What software did you switch from and why?" I explained that I switched from WellnessLiving and what I liked about them and person managing our account told me "Well maybe you should have stuck with them." They have an difficult system for trying to reach anyone to answer your questions. They use Zendesk, which is both incredibly confusing as it goes into (how I understand it) a central e-mail system which can take them 1-3 days to get back to you. At which point, they respond with very unhelpful advice or flat out ignorance. Also, their pay service integration sucks. It is very difficult to use them for bookkeeping and POS and I ended up just resorting to Square.

Reasons for Choosing Virtuagym

Price point and available features, including integrated community and workout trackers

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Needed more interactive community features and better integration with other products.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Amy, We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Tracking and the Community modules of our system but are devastated to hear that you had such negative experience with the service that you had received. We would love to reach out to you and see how we can improve the situation. Please check your in-box :)

Stephanie from FIT Ritual

Virtuagym is a SCAM

We never agreed to a start date and were charged for a start date, and have since been charged on a monthly basis, despite having expressed (both via email and via phone conversations) that we were not comfortable with moving forward and wanted to pause on any kind of start date. Meetings have been canceled last minute, representatives that we have worked with are all of a sudden "no longer with the company" or have decided to take an impromptu vacation the day after you spoke with them about another call that week. When expressing cancelation of the service, we were told for the first time that we signed a contract for 12 months, and that it is clearly stated in the "terms and conditions", a box that was checked upon submitting a setup fee payment for the TRIAL service. When we said we didn't realize that the terms and conditions listed a 12 month contract, we were told that "it is not their responsibility to make sure we understand the terms and conditions". THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

Pros

They have a great sales team which will convince you that they have amazing customer support, an innovative platform and can meet all of your business's needs. Moments after your first phone call, you will be unknowingly entered into a 12 month contract.

Cons

You cannot contact any employee directly. There are no public phone numbers. You cannot speak with anyone of management level or above to escalate any issues. You don't even get a personal email address -- your only point of contact is a ClientServices@virtuagym email address that says someone will get back to you within 3 days..... REAL helpful when you're trying to run a business with their software and then you can't get any support in crucial moments.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Virtuagym was convincing enough to lead us to believe that they had more to offer our customers for less money per month.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Dear Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback on the experience you have had with Virtuagym. The 12 months agreement is a term that is clearly stated and must be accepted before a payment can be processed. Indefinitely delayed start dates are unfortunately not an option. A sale cannot be closed without a start date entered by the client. We can, of course, understand how that may not work for some of our clients and we are sorry to see you go.

taylor from Revenge Body Gym

SCAMMERS- BUYERS BEWARE!!! This is long but please read I am trying to save you some coins.

THE WORST! After a few days of dealing with a faulty product and receiving little to no help with my issue, I reached out to my account manager, to have my money refunded and contract canceled on 11/8. I've used other services in the past and I've never had to sign any contract that did not "allow" me to cancel, which should have been a red flag. They also have no trial period which is another anomaly with Virtuagym and also, another red flag. She waited just a day before a week (11/14) to respond to me and she claimed that my contract was submitted for cancellation because "management handles cancellations". When I responded and asked who I should be waiting to hear from, she did not respond and that email remains unanswered. I'd like to note that prior to me reaching out for a refund, she was very quick with her replies. After that, getting in contact with someone was nearly impossible no matter how many times I called or emailed them. I made my last call to them the day after Thanksgiving and left a voicemail saying that I was waiting until Monday before I called my bank to dispute the charge. I waited until Wednesday and heard nothing so I disputed the charge. The funniest thing about all of this that the workout editor as I am typing this STILL does not work. Finally, on 12/5, almost a month since I reached out, I got an email saying my contract was being submitted to management...even though she claimed she submitted it on 11/14.

Pros

I liked the multiple discussion groups that could be created. Theoretically, virtuagym has features that COULD, could being the keyword, change the game. Unfortunately, the system had way too many glitches to be used for business purposes unless you are trying to look like a joke who has no idea what they are doing.

Cons

Faulty Workout editor and the other glitches I experienced. I wish I could add video to these reviews to show what the workout editor was doing since its hard to explain, but basically, it was not working as it should AT ALL. Even customer service AND my account manager, who conveniently disappeared when I asked for my money back, admitted that the redirects that were happening within the editor made no sense. It was clearly faulty. I was also unable to message clients within the software because it would tell me "no records found" even though if you went to the client list, they were clearly in the system. I was also given little to no guidance when I was having an issue with payments, not processing. Basically, everyone has to be manually charged if you have a service fee in place. So all my clients were only being charged the service fee, and the monthly balance would land in outstanding. When I reached out to customer service about this and asked if there was something I need to do manually in order for the rest of the payment to process, I was told no. I even asked a follow-up question to MAKE SURE there was nothing I needed to do. Of course, it was later revealed that the outstanding balances were there because I did not send the invoices, which means YES, you do have to manually process the payments as I guessed when I contacted customer service, even though they apparently don't know this themselves.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied December 2018

Dear Taylor, Thank you for writing your detailed review. I made sure to look through your history of communication with our consultants and get a clear picture of the events. While I would have to dispute your statement about receiving "little to no help" with your issues, as I can see that other than weekends and holidays, the team has been very diligent and fast with their responses; I do see that you had a few issues within the system. Unfortunately, when dealing with technology, problems will always arise and while we try to deal with the issues quickly and thoroughly to minimize the disruption to your business, at times it can take longer than desired to fix a problem. I am sorry that you had felt that you were scammed and not delivered what you had expected but I can genuinely say that the team had worked hard to answer and resolve your issues in a timely manner. Do let us know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with. Sincerely,

Sean from SC Vital Fitness

Not what i was told

Nothing

Pros

The functionality of the coaching app, is nice - That's it.

Cons

I explicitly asked that when i purchased virtuagym, would it be possible for my clients to have a limited number of PT sessions on a weekly basis, starting on sunday and renewing on the following sunday....however i wanted them to be able to book at least 30-60 days in advance as my clients like to plan. I was told that this was possible and i would have help setting it up, this has not happened. I have had virtuagym since December and was looking to implement it into my gym facility by mid january, however due to the lack of help from support, i am no closer to getting what i need from the software. I even offered to pay virtuagym to set it up for me as i thought it may be me that was doing something wrong, they declined and their rep. stopped conversing over the support line. All i wanted was for my clients to book 1,2,3 or 4 Personal Training sessions per week, at least 30 days in advance - How can this be so hard..!!?? At the moment the system allows me to book 10 sessions in 10 days and i was told "That's ok, the client will be notified if they don´t have enough credits to attend the class" All i want is that the client can't book the class, i dont want them to book to be told nearer the time "sorry you don't have enough credits" they will turn up and say "but i booked and the system let me?" Very frustrating for a business owner and terrible customer service

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2018

Hi Sean, Thanks for the time you spent to review our product. We're sincerely sorry if you are experiencing an unpleasant situation with the product and with our CS Team. We took a look at the conversations you had with our consultants over the last days, and we noticed that there was rather some confusion between the many questions asked and the many solutions provided, which inevitably leads to confusion and frustration. Our advise is to send one, fully detailed email to support@virtuagym.com, explaining exactly the challenges you are now experiencing, the way you would like to work with the system and - if you like - any improvement that you would like to see (maybe there are some features you aren't aware of yet!). Plus, with our live chat service, we can help you further with your real time queries. We believe that - this way - we can achieve a way more constructive communication, helping your business to take off with us! We stay at disposal. Your, CS Team

Robert from Rise Fitness ho ho kus

Terrible Terrible Terrible, stay away!

If they provided a good service that people wanted to continue to use, they would not need a 12-month contract. They have great, slick, fast talking, smooth sales people, and the website is great and it all sounds so good. They do not offer a free trial and the only way was to sign up. They had me convinced, and they said that all that I wanted they would deliver. Well, once I signed the contract that all changed. With a hefty set up fee, which included them loading the excel list of my client info into Virtuagym, they didn't do anything else, so that is a huge rip off. Then the story continued to fall apart even more. They claimed to have this amazing app for workouts which turned out to be incomplete, and not able to adjust a parameter in it like they promised it did. The sales tax is included in the pricing, so for US market this is an issue, and they had no good solutions. During the sales process they said they have tagging feature which for my business is key, and when I got to use the program the tagging feature was up, but you could only add tags, the delete button they told me has not been built yet and there was no reporting I could pull from the tags, essentially it was useless. They said well in few months we will have. I asked what is few months, they had no answers. Then they gave me a huge runaround about canceling and this being a breach of contract. Oh they also had they numbers wrong and they 2.5x charged my monthly fee, and demanded a fee to get out of contract, while acting like they were doing me a huge favor, after I with my staff put in over 20 hours of work to enter information, and research and work through all the problems we came across. Totally dishonest, totally wrong on so many levels.

Pros

Great sales people that can sell ice to eskimos. The ideas sounds great, and I was super excited to start to use the product.

Cons

The features they promised were either not developed yet, others were not fully functional, and those were the key features they told me about that got me to buy into their product. They took money upfont and wouldn't refund me even though what they promised they couldn't deliver. In over 10 years of being in business this is one of the worst companies I dealt with. End of they day, reputable and confident companies will provide a free trial and no contract. I highly advise to skip this company and look at others that offer a free trial and there are many companies that are month to month because their clients are happy and want to stay with them.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied February 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback. It's been a while, but we are happy that we have established a good relationship and solved your issues. Continue giving feedback so we can further develop our software.

Claudia from KarmaKin

A user-friendly app!

I started working with the Virtuagym software a few months ago and I am quite pleased with the experience so far! It was important for me to get an app that was personalized and had the functionalities that I needed for myself and my clients. Virtuagym did just that for me! They took the time to understand my needs and offered me a monthly plan targeted to that; they didn't try to sell me extra systems or functionalities that I didn't need. I really appreciated that! Their customer service is absolutely A+++! They always get back to me quickly by email or phone (which is great; who calls people anymore right?!), they offer webinars when you get started and so much more! Everyone I spoke with was super nice, friendly and helpful! As the software itself, I like how easy it is to use and how quickly my clients understand how to track their food, follow their training programs (awesome exercises videos!), join a challenge, etc., thanks to the helpful tips you can find directly on the app when you first download it or on their support database on their website. The only thing I would like to see them add in the future is the option of doing all the admin stuff (professional coach account) from the app itself and not only from a browser. I would like to be able to send my clients messages, see their food diary, plan their workouts from my phone too via the app - just to make everything more accessible! But overall, a great app, great customer service and super easy to use!

Response from Virtuagym

Replied March 2017

Hi Claudia! Thanks for your very kind review. This makes us very proud, as our daily work is alwaysfocused on providing the best service and assistance to our clients. About your feedback, we really totally get it! We're currently working to improve our coaching service on mobile side, therefore stay tuned! We appreciate your valuable time and wish you a very great day. Walter - Virtuagym Clients Success Team

Joe from Corporate Fitness Works

Great Fitness Platform

Think it's an overall great experience!

Pros

I like the multi-use function between employee and member. I also like the business tracking, exercise programming and post blog applications.

Cons

It would be great to have more ability for creativity in the blog section and it would be nice not to be so restricted in the posts.

Reasons for Switching to Virtuagym

Facebook gives us the ability to post Live events.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied August 2020

Dear Joe, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Virtuagym's services! We're thrilled to hear that you find our all in one solution a useful tool for your members to connect and engage seamlessly. Your feedback is also very valuable to our company. Let us remind you to email any suggestions and ideas you may have at support@virtuagym.com We will make sure to share these useful thoughts with our developers! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family!

Lee from Sentinel Leisure Trust

Virtuagym Review

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use product with a vast array of content; excellent after care from the designated account manager! Highly recommend.

Cons

It’s a shame the integration with specific tech isn’t more extensive.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied July 2020

Dear Lee, Thank you very much for your review! It is very rewarding for us to know that the tools we've worked so hard in developing and building for you, are exactly what you expected them to be. We will continue to do our best effort to provide the most complete all in one solution for you and all of our clients, including of course the integrations module. Your feedback is very valuable to us! Sincerely, Your Virtuagym Family,

James from Jamie Scott Fitness

Professional Fitness Software

Very pleased.

Pros

The features of the software is top notch and very easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes I need more customer support and it takes days for someone to respond to my questions.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

"Dear, James Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are thrilled to hear that you find our solutions to be outstanding and easy to use! One of our main focus as a company is providing top quality customer care, and the feedback you've given in regards to the communication topic is of great value to us. It will help us to continuously improve the speed and standard of service we provide. Sending you the best, Your Virtuagym Family."

Mario from PHLEXX

LOVE IT !

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software , my clients enjoy using the app, I think its a great online gym.

Cons

It would be great to make a better feature for customizing the workout plans.

Response from Virtuagym

Replied April 2020

Dear, Mario Thank you very much for sharing your experience with Virtuagym! We are excited to hear that you find our software easy to use and your clients are enjoying the app we have built for them. Your feedback is welcomed, let's talk about those areas of opportunity you encountered on our workout module, feel free to write to us at support@virtuagym.com using the code JA19935 in the subject line. With warm regards, Your Virtuagym family.