• Pros

• "The software platform is easy to use. I also like that it has a mobile app that allows me to access the program from anywhere"

• "I like the ease of use. It's fast, secure, and efficient. It's a great product."

• "Very responsive in terms of communication and training. The product is reasonably in price and has great flexibility and capacity."

• Cons

• "PDF prints of the graphs could be better quality. However the detail is great"

• "I have to log in every time, but other than that, it is a great product."

• "Honestly, there's not really anything we don't like about them. They have a good product that they continue to improve. I guess I just wish they had more products. "

Browse Asset Essentials Reviews

Caleb from Herker Ind

Industry: Machinery

Asset Essentials

Overall the company has been very good to work with. They are very responsive to questions and issues, and have been there every step of the implementation.

Pros

Asset Essentials has a very easy to use platform and mobile app. It allows my technicians to stay on the move across our 5 facilities. They are no longer tied to a desk top for work order info and completion.

Cons

The only con i have seen is the system does not change the equipment status to unavailable when there is an in progress work order.

Reasons for Choosing Asset Essentials

The ease of use from the manager level to the operators. The functionality and reporting options as well as the integration of advanced technologies.

Robert from Ben E. Keith Foods

Great value and pretty full featured

Pros

This CMMS is fairly easy to learn and to use. I like that it has a "requester" function so rank-and-file employees can enter requests for work/service. Setup is pretty intuitive, though some choices need to be thought out thoroughly. We use it for maintenance and sanitation, both of which are a big deal for us as we fall under food safety protocols (we are a food service distributor). The import function is especially useful during setup. It's nice that you can attach photos/documents to assets.

Cons

I wish it supported handheld units with integrated barcode scanning (like the Zebra TC70). Work order generation from PMs works well but it defaults all work orders to be due at midnight. We have to show that work orders are due at particular times of day (shifts). It would also be nice to have a "true" inspection program. Take fire extinguishers. It would be nice if you could walk through the warehouse, scan the barcode on the extinguisher, mark as pass/fail and move on to the next one. Their inspection doesn't quite work as seaemlessly as that.

Value and feature set.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Robert, thank you for taking time to leave a review! We appreciate your input and happy to hear Asset Essentials is beneficial to you and your team.

Holly from Gresham Barlow School District

SchoolDude User Friendliness

Pros

My overall thoughts of schooldude would be that it serves it purpose for scheduling event but it really is not user friendly. The amount of time that it takes for a new user to complete a proposal to schedule an event is pretty tedious.

Cons

I am not a new user so it is easy for me to access and set of events but even explaining to new users is hard because of the lay out. I think it needs to be more simplistic. For example like when you turn on a new Iphone it asks for a piece of information then you hit next and it asks for another. Then it populates all your information for you to review at the end. One other flaw that I noticed in it for billing purposes is that it does not send an email notification when something new is put on to the calendar. Which would be really helpful when something is added last minute if the invoices are already completed for that day. I am not a veteran and do not know all the ins and outs of schooldude, but I do think these fixes could improve the users experience on it.

Jorge from Bryant Rubber Corp

Industry: Plastics

Robust and Intuitive Asset Management

I am very pleased with their current level of customer service. At the beginning there were a few people we dealt with that are no longer there that did not provide the same level of customer care as the ones that we deal with now.

Pros

We fell in love with the ease of use of the interface. The level of control over the maintenance technicians is phenomenal and the ability to provide a service request portal to users without needing to purchase additional licenses was a huge deal maker.

Cons

As with many new implementations, we ran into a few bugs at the beginning when we first implemented the software. With their amazing customer support, we were able to overcome those issues, but it is something to consider.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear you're pleased with our customer service and that Asset Essentials has been intuitive, easy to use and made your life easier!

Garry from Princess House Inc.

Here is my experience..

We have always had a Preventive Maintenance program and the software allows us to continue with keeping our PM schedule and tracking equipment history of repairs and Work Orders.

Pros

This software is very robust with features that you can use or not. It will just depend on the size of your organization and how much information you want to include when you are doing your implementation. There are areas I do not use due to other software packages that are in our organization. Customer support has been very good. We had time to get the feel of Asset Essentials before we migrated to it. The migration from our old software to Asset Essentials was seamless.

Cons

At this time I do not really have a lot of cons. Maybe the help guide, it is a bit over whelming when you want to look for a specific subject.

Reasons for Choosing Asset Essentials

Our old software, which was Microsoft Access based had come to the end of its support. The former company was merging and it was just a good fit to be able to convert to a cloud platform.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi Gary, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is making your life easier and that your migration was seamless. Feel free to reach out if you ever have questions or need help!

Justin from Rhinegeist Brewery

Rhinegeist 11/26/19 Review

Overall the system meets our needs and what we are trying to accomplish. I would like to see better reports so that I can "fine tune" my team and trends. Also on the original setup I was suppose to have unlimited storage, then they came back and said it would be "limited." There was also only one version of AE when I signed up, then the added AEE and wanted to change pricing. I was able to work out the issues, but still not exactly what was promised in the beginning.

Pros

I like the support availability and the ease of use. There are still areas where I think they can improve on, one being the mobile app (android/iphone).

Cons

Pulling certain reports and asset history is not user friendly. I have tried to work with them on multiple reports and it is always a nightmare of finding something that will work.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Justin, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your feedback and patience as we continue to enhance and add more functionality to Asset Essentials. If you ever have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager or the Support team. We're glad you're part of The Dude!

Brandy from CAF USA

Industry: Railroad Manufacture

Asset Essentials for Planned Maintenance

Overall Asset Essentials has been an incredible tool to show accountability for work orders on multiple levels from the techs, to requesters, to locations and even assets that are problematic.

Pros

It works great for prioritizing an keeping track of work orders from requesters along with planned maintenance schedules. The Report function is incredibly useful to assess where the techs are at with completion, labor hours, and availability.

Cons

The limited options for the tech accounts provide me with extra work editing their times. The timers are still tedious to use and when a work order is released on an asset it does not show details about the asset (ie. serial number or location) causing the techs to have to navigate to a different screen and research the asset to know which one it is exactly.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Brandy, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear Asset Essentials has been helpful with tracking and reporting. Thanks again for your feedback!

Jeremiah from Manchester Packaging Company

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Overall good

There seems to be a lot of functionalities we do not use. Some of this is our fault due to not having a full-time monitor for DS.

Pros

It is the first CMMS we have used and that has helped us with not letting work orders go unfinished. Made it easy to see what happens at night/weekends at our 24/7 facility without having to call in or stop by. Live Chat is very helpful.

Cons

- Metrics are hard to follow for the following reasons: 1. Each user has to be set up to follow a KPI. 2. KPI's aren't easy to set up and they don't log historical data. - Blanket licenses versus pay-per-license. - Parts entry sheet needs to be on the same page as the work order - similar to labor entry.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Jeremiah, thanks for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear Asset Essentials has helped your team complete work orders and that you've been able to utilize live chat to get help from our support team. Our team would be happy to help you set up and use more functions within the system when you're ready!

Mike from Kulzer, LLC.

Industry: Medical Devices

KNA Reveiw

We converted over from MP2 and utilize Asset Essentials for tracking machine repairs and for scheduling of preventive maintenance.

Pros

Cons

I do not like the network lag as it adds several seconds to each step, making it rather time consuming for my team to use

Ease of use platform, cost effective, mobile app, assisted conversion from MP2

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Mike, thanks for taking time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials is easy to use and that you've enjoyed the mobile app. Thank you for being part of The Dude!

John from The Quartz Corp

Industry: Mining & Metals

Moved from BIgfoot to AE

Good

Pros

Very easy to setup and implement. Easy to work with and great people

Cons

The connector tools seems to be broken. I have had several issue with this . Seems there needs to be some fixes and development completed

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied November 2019

Hi John, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and happy to hear Asset Essentials has been easy to work with. Please reach out to our support team if you ever have questions or need help with something!

May 2013

Beth Lee from Facilities Management Dept., Town of Mansfield

May 2013

Our Facilities Management Department covers the operations of 24 town buildings in our municipality. These buildings also include three elementary schools and one middle school. Our maintainers and custodians handle all aspects of these buildings, from cleaning and grounds work, to repairs, HVAC and inspections (just to name a few). Prior to Maintenance Edge we utilized two work order systems. School staff used an in-house request system through our IT Department, while all other town employees utilized a purchased software (MP2). My position is that of Administrative Assistant and I am the one individual that processes all work requests for our office. This meant switching back and forth between our two systems making sure all requests were processed. Work requests were not addressed during any absences from the office (vacation, etc.), thus sitting in queue until my return. Also, there was not a concise record of completed tasks. I am still the one individual in our organization who uses MaintenanceEdge on a full time basis. However, we have now added our maintainers and custodians as daily users of this program. When we began using it in November of 2012, I realized how simple and flexible this program was. It has met all of our needs, and as I continue to use the system, I find more and more areas we can adapt to its use. It has been extremely helpful in reducing the amount of daily work order processing, as so much is now automated through the program. Instant notification to our maintainers' cell phones and email gives immediate contact on requests and tasks, thus eliminating any delays during my out-of-office time. Automatic routing also eliminates the need to forward work orders to the proper maintainer, since notification is within minutes. This function also allows our maintainers to check on work orders when at a specific building, thus eliminating duplicate travel time. This has greatly improved the productivity of our department. We have also taken advantage of the automated reports function, which generates and emails the specific building reports to the proper individuals on a weekly basis. Everyone, including building directors and principals, are "on the same page" with updates and tasks. MaintenanceEdge definitely helps us all communicate more effectively and efficiently. Finally, from the standpoint of the "requesters" at our many buildings, they find it very user friendly. One 20-30 minute training session was all it took to get all users up and running. The transition has been very smooth, especially with the added assistance from the FacilityDude support staff. They are easy to contact, always friendly, and have the correct answers and information that is needed; and if not, they continue to work on any issues until they are solved. I've recommended MaintenanceEdge to a number of colleagues in local governments in my area. It is a user-friendly system with fantastic customer support. From my standpoint, it is a blessing, and has done wonders for our department!

January 2014

TJ from Spalding County, Georgia

January 2014

A Tool You Can Not Go Without

We initially began using Facility Dude in July of 2013. Are initial goal was to utilize Facility Dude in several departments thru out our Government entity. The startegy was to start out slowly to see if the software would meet our needs. After adding our fifth department last week, we have become very pleased with its performance. Facility Dude is currently being used in our following departments: Parks and Recreation, Public Works, Communications, Community Development and Construction and Maintenance. Each department is on schedule of implementaion of various degrees and levels. The unique aspect of Facility Dude is that the departments have been able to operate seperatley within the same account while the sytem stays intact as a whole. This allows for upper management and county officials to view a snap shot of all departments at any given time. The other crucial advantage of using one work order system is that departments can easily exchange information without restriction. Facility dudes internet based access does not burden hardware specifications allowing us to be creative in finding efficient means of operation. For example we can utilze Ipad technology that is a few years old allowing us to purchase used hardware at a much less expensive expenditure. This carries over to not needeing as powerfull technology in relation to overall hardware costs. Several times while implementing Facility Dude we have come across needs that were not readily tested already within the workings of the original system. Facility Dude has been very helpful in working with us in developing protocols to work thru these "custom to us" features. Currently we are working together in areas that need fine tunning. The overall impression we have recieved from our online in the field staff has been very positive, with an emphasis on ease of use. The support staff at Facility Dude has always be extremly timely and usually instant. The timely completion rate of work orders has decreased from one half to one full day on average. This has been a result of requests from requesters going immediately into the system and technicians being able to see them and route themselves accordingly. Can I at this time do a complete review of Facility Dude? No I can not, reason being is that as much as we have already made succesfull we have not begun to scratch the surface of all that we think Facility Dude will do for us.

Christy from Columbia Public Schools

April 2015

Maintenance Direct has been a lifesaver for our department.

Pros

SchoolDude has the best customer service department! We really appreciate their prompt and friendly staff. Maintenance Direct is very user-friendly and allows unlimited user access. I loved that it was so easy to implement, you only had to enter minimal amount of data before using.

Cons

The only thing I can say is maybe allowing some customization in some of the filed categories instead of having to use their default list. Some districts may use different ways to describe the same function.

Paul from Atlas Manufacturing

First CMMS at Atlas

Pros

MaintenanceEdge start up has been amazingly simple. Once our equipment list was finalized and given to Dude Solutions, their team completed all the data entry allowing free time for our end users to familiarize themselves with the software. The navigation is easy and training went smoothly and quickly. The support staff has been lightening quick about any questions that have come up. On going weekly scheduled meeting with our dedicated representative from Dude have reinforced training and expanded regularly on our knowledge of the program.

Cons

There are a few functions that have been lacking that tech support has been made aware of. Not all of the reports are able to be automatically generated on a schedule, ie. Downtime. I would like to see the ability to toggle some of the fields on or off depending on the end users preferences.

Dennis from Intimidator Inv.

Asset Essentials Review

We had a verbal/spread sheet maintenance system before. This software is perfect for our organization. We primarily use it for documenting and tracking maintenance request and have not concerned ourselves with equipment maintenance cost tracking but the information is there when and if we decided to start doing it. Training was excellent and the instructor was able to answer all our questions quickly.

Pros

The features, ease of access, support and cost are perfect for our application.

Cons

We have not found any issues with the software or had any regrets for purchasing it.

Reasons for Choosing Asset Essentials

Features for cost and ease of use.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Dennis, thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear Asset Essentials makes your workday run that much smoother. We're glad you're part of The Dude!

Shaun from Orion Plastics

Industry: Plastics

Definetantly not for manufacturing, load time galore

Overall i think this is a very beginner software with a ton of bugs and nonfunctional that they need to work out. Progress with bugs and these functionality problems take way too long if ever to be completed. Honestly wish we spent our money elsewhere.

Pros

setting up Pm's was a nice change from using Outlook calendar Work request made it easier for staff to tell me about broken equipment it does eliminate paper

Cons

very tough to start to use it because the lingo and they way they have it sorted doesn't really apply to manufacturing. to customize alot of thing you need them to do it because we don't have access. plus everything takes 5 at least 5 seconds to load. which doesn't sound like much but every thing you click will have load times. The app is terrible and unusable. load times, restriction in functionality. bugs. Ability to put in meter readings is terribly painful You cant add parts while in a workorder. its a separate page you have to go to. and you can't complete tasks while on a computer.

Reasons for Choosing Asset Essentials

I chose this one because it had an app and it looked very useful and they said it would be easy to do a walk around checklist with meter readings. It also was on the cheaper side which made it easier to pass on to upper management to buy in.

Angela from Newport News Public Schools

THE EASE OF IT ALL

Pros

Learning to use MD was so easy. I can enter purchased items, or stock items and then actually track the cost of a job, including the labor. It lets you know what status it is in, New Request, work in progress etc. and each person assigned to that job can actually go in leave notes for the others who are involved. If items have been ordered, you can also notify the others that once they arrive the job can be completed. Working in a school system, you deal with so many locations, and this helps to keep everyone informed and up to date on the latest.

Cons

I wish we had the options of ink colors, so if something is vital, that part could be done in red so that it is very visible.

Jack from Roslyn Middle School

My Experience with SchoolDude

Pros

Ease of use. Significantly less paper work. Quick response when service is indicated. Keeps everyone who needs to be aware of an issue informed. So far the process has worked as advertised. It has allowed our staff to provide quick and accurate responses. There is more accountability when a request is made in writing, approved by a supervisor and acted upon in an efficient amount of time.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. Maybe making deleting a request easier. There are times when the situation submitted has been addressed through a conversation and there is no need for the responder to take action.

Tracy from Amity Regional School District NO. 5

Repair Assistance 101

Pros

Maintenance Direct keeps great records and history of repairs and those who submit them. It helps to retrieve similar issues and generate vendor repairs as a combined problem, rather than piece meal each repair separately. In the long run, it is a tremendous cost savings overall.

Cons

Changes that are not always made known ahead of time that I feel are a sometimes a loss of accessibility. Example is password reset on the administrative side. This has recently changed and it does make it more cumbersome to figure out new user errors such as duplicate logins.

Bob from USD 385

April 2015

Pros

I use two packages from SchoolDude. Maintenance Direct and Facility Direct. We also use Trip Direct in our District. All work great together and are seamless. I can go to one and then it will connect me to the others without having to re-enter passwords. All keep records of past events and searches are simple. Maintenance Direct is very powerful and more than meets our needs. Everything is thought out and setup for a School District, but I can see it used for other Business's as well.

Cons

The only complaint that I would have is that the charts on the Home Page of Facility Direct doesn't export to Excel and when printing it out, it can look strange on the paper.

Ashley from Pacific Union College

Great Product and Great Customer Service

Pros

The product works great for the administrators, technicians, and users. We get positive feedback regularly about our use of this product. And if there happens to be something we don't understand about the product or some way we think the product could be improved, the customer service is happy to respond to requests and take recommendations into consideration.

January 2016

Nathan from Anderson Technologies

January 2016

Preventative Maintenance software

Pros

The software has the best (easiest to navigate and common sense flow) user interface out of the 4-5 competitors that I evaluated. The sales rep that I worked with was low pressure and responsive to my needs and questions. Implementation cost and annual service costs were very competitive. The after purchase training and setup was also very positive. I have a point person and scheduled time blocks for training and continue to have great customer service 3 months after implementation. In fact my training rep. emailed me today asking how things were going and if I had any questions.

Cons

In a perfect world, I would like to tailor the software to my specific needs and industry. Facility Dude is a generic software from the sense that it accommodates the language and requirements spanning several very different industries. I have had to be creative in a few cases with how we classify groups and naming convention. Not a big issue however the inability to have some level of customization would be my only complaint.

Kim from Rogers Public Schools

Tech Request Made Easy

Pros

I like this product is easy and straight forward in entering a request. Only the facts are needed; not any unnecessary questions to clutter the request.

Cons

It is a little irritating when you can't login when you forget to pull down to itdirect and have to start over; there needs to be an option for iDevices or Android devices and netbooks rather than hardware. Finally, when checking on tech requests, it would be nice if the list pulled up with newest first. I know that is an option at the bottom, but sometimes I forget and have to go to end;

Doris from Saint Anselm College

April 2015

SchoolDude software is outstanding.

Pros

SchoolDude software is user friendly, with amazing reporting features. The Client Services Team goes above and beyond in support of the SchoolDude products. Client Services is not provided from a foreign country. The staff is easy to understand - there is no language barrier. SchoolDude University provides a unique opportunity to expand product knowledge and build relationships with peer institutions.

Cons

There is not a single aspect that I am unsatisfied with.

Dale from Pacific Union College

Wonderful and Amazing

Pros

The Product is easy to use, and has wonderful reporting capabilities. Since the product is web based it can be accessed from anywhere. Since the product is web based School dude has the capability to do comparisons on how you are doing in relation to the rest of the world. This shows me what areas we need to improve on and what areas we are doing great on.

Cons

We cannot have a work order assigned to more than one person. Can you guys please change this?

October 2014

Thom from Landmark Christian School

October 2014

A good fit: SchoolDude's MaintenanceDirect and Landmark Christian

Pros

One of the most compelling reasons that we went with their product is that their applications are built exclusively for the needs of educational institutions. The company has basically put all of their eggs into that basket, which gives them an understanding of educational facilities and their maintenance requirements. Educational environments (be it public, private, or higher) are in a class all their own and are met with certain challenges that other businesses may not necessarily face. All of the staff I have had the pleasure of meeting and/or speaking with exhibit a sensitivity to and knowledge of those unique needs.

Cons

Having come from a completely paper system to an automated system such as SchoolDude's, I haven't experienced any flaws worth noting.

Nick from York County School of Technology

School Dude Review

Pros

The product is always up to date and keeps in real time with requests that our clients have put in that help us to reach them faster. It also is an easy to use source for checking into the history of requests along with dates submitted and dates completed.

Cons

Sometimes the product does force some of our tickets into a limbo of sorts when we've tried to assign it employees. It goes into a place in which it's not assigned nor is it open. This issue has caused conflict several times in which someone is waiting for help but we had no idea until we do a full search in which it will then be visible.

Janine from West Carrollton Schools

SchoolDude - Awesome Product - Awesome Service

Pros

Questions? Your answer is a phone call away, and there's always a human that answers the phone! We use Facility Scheduling and Maintenance Direct. Both products are easy to use and it's easy to train users in our buildings. SchoolDude also offered conference call training when we did the initial set up.

Cons

I can honestly say I have not had a negative experience with SchoolDude.

Cindy from SpringISD

MaintenanceDirect

Pros

MaintenanceDirect is very user-friendly. If you should have a issue navigating the system the customer service/ technical support is awesome.

Cons

I would like to be able to batch close work order but craft, assigned to, and/or purpose code.

Jim from Harper Creek Community Schools

Director of Facilities

Pros

I have had great success using both the Maintenance Direct program and the PM Direct program. Both have assisted my District with becoming more efficient with the Maintenance work orders and the Preventive Maintenance schedules. The online help or direct phone help is outstanding as well.

Cons

There really is nothing about the schooldude program that I do not like at this time.

Butch from Centerpoint School District

Review of Maintenance Direct

Pros

As a Technology Coodinator, I evaluate a lot of different software. ALL of the School Dude products are simple to setup and very easy for the customer to use. The tech support above and beyond what is normally expected. They were able to fix my routing issue in less time than it took for me to login to the portal.

Cons

I wish School Dude was more affordable. On the other hand, you get what you pay for in life.

Cheri from NMT

Suddenly going downhill

I'm afraid SchoolDude has stretched itself too thin and is getting ready to implode. Sooooooo many problems this year. These problems that belong to SchoolDude are truly having a negative impact here.

Pros

When it worked right, which was before 2017, the inventory direct was a great tool for our Warehouse (over 4000 items). Before 2017, when things started going haywire, the PM direct was good; it could have been better. The Maintenance Direct still seems to be working.

Cons

In March of 2017 I do not know what changed; support has never been great but we started having all kinds of bizarre problems and most have not been fixed. The problems have been turned over to their developers......where they stay I guess.

Gary from Lower Merion School District

Web Based Maintenance Management Systems made Easy

Pros

The product is cost-effective. The only hardware I need is a computer, smart phone, or tablet. The vendor is in touch with the needs of the clients they are trying to reach.

Cons

I would like the product to have more capability to clean up clutter in various data fields. I would like to have more contact from my account representative/manager.

tyler from cmi

Industry: Dairy

never can log in

poor waste of money cant even log in only once in a while very very poor

Pros

software is well organized that is about it

Cons

everything, I can never seem to log in to the web site this is a website problem, also the program runs really slow if I knew what I know now I would have never invested so much time into this useless program

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied June 2019

Hi Tyler, We're really sorry to hear this and would like to work with you to make things right or better understand how we can improve. Our support team is available at 877.868.3833 or support@dudesolutions.com at your convenience. If you prefer that we contact you directly instead, please send us a direct message with your organization's name/contact information and a client success manager will be in touch immediately.

Norm from Major Cable Manufacturing Company

Easy to use and capable.

This system will satisfy our needs for at least the initial five years of a conversion to RCM.

Pros

Ease of use for price, great reporting. The Dude Intelligence reporting is newly developed and comes right out of the box with great graphs and organized data.

Cons

Currently limited in long term root cause failure analysis due to restricted levels of asset organization.

May 2016

Ruth from Western Oklahoma State College

2.5

May 2016

Better than what we were using

Pros

User Friendly for both techs and requester to make work orders.

Cons

The reports do not allow for various options I may wish to use to generate a report and entering of work orders as an administrator is very time consuming. Would also like to attach a file when creating a work order, not have to save it first then go back and upload file.

Brad from CWCMH

February 2013

We have multiple facilities across three counties, so we are mindful of travel time and expense. We can easily see the most important items and address those first. MaintenanceEdge has also enabled us to do benchmarking and analyze our data to determine how we are utilizing our resources. Information from the system is essential when we advocate for additional staff or plan for future needs. The amount of training for the end users was minimal, staff were able to use the system in just minutes after receiving start up notification which included log-in and short introductory training (Less than 5 minutes and this was done electronically and individually without any special face to face or group training sessions) which made implementation and training costs minimal particulalrly for work requesters. The customer support is fantastic and has exceeeded my best expectations. I have and will continue to recommended MaintenanceEdge to several of my peers that manage Healthcare Facilities across the United States. MaintenanceEdge is a great product with great support, a winning combination for the facilities I'm responsible and my team that manages them!

Melissa from Hot Springs School District

Simplifies tracking maintenance issues

Pros

With multiple campuses - being able to track work orders, in particular being able to search specific rooms or areas that have issues, has made identifying trouble spots or failing equipment much easier.

Cons

I have had no real issues with this product that have not been solved by their support team.

December 2015

Wesley from UNITED LINEN INC

December 2015

I couldnt be happier with this system

Pros

It is extremely user friendly and the more we learn about the system the more it has to offer. All of my techs were able to navigate through the system and get the basics down in a matter of minutes by day 2 they were creating work orders and asking about searching work history on equipment.

Cons

I have had to input all my assets, vendors, manufacturers, etc. the data entry is still ongoing after several months. I would suggest hiring someone for data entry.

Margaret from Centerpoint High School

School Dude

Pros

The screens are easy to follow, most of the time it uses drop down boxes for filling out information. We use three products from School Dude. Maintenance, IT Direct and Trip direct. All three of these are very easy to use.

Cons

At times there are too many boxes that are required to be filled out.

Brent from Roswell ISD

April 2015

The software works very well to manage my helpdesk requests for IT.

Pros

I like how easy it is to keep up with all my requests. It is much easier than requests coming to my email and getting lost with all of my other inbox items.

Cons

I would like for the process for doing a query to be much easier. It is not a simple process!

Derek from Cardinal TG

Industry: Building Materials

Dude Solutions for Maintenace Department PMs

Having all of our maintenance PMs and annual projects in one program has made it easier to plan ahead.

Pros

Organization and the timeline that the reminders would come out.

Cons

With a web based program there is always the possibility that you will not have access to the program at all times.

Response from Dude Solutions

Replied December 2019

Hi Derek, thank you for leaving a review! We're thrilled to hear Asset Essentials has helped with organization and planning ahead, especially for PMs and annual projects. Thanks for being part of The Dude!

Deborah from New Jersey City University

March 2015

Best Customer Service ever!

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use and maintain. Great customer service. Great peer discussion group.

Cons

I would like to be able to assign the work orders to more than one person; I would like Action not taken in red to disappear out of the Action Taken box

Joe from Pine Crest School

June 2015

It's a great product!....

Pros

I like the warehouse affect being able to put all the information that you have in the warehouse and match the warehouse product to the job...

Cons

I like it the way it it is you don't have to change a thing....

Ryan from Pine Crest School

Was Amazing. Totally made or campus effeicient

Pros

Everything is amazing. All support, is great! Maint Direct and all other products work great together.

Cons

It slow at times when out of range of wifi or LTE. Maybe there could be an app for Windows tablets.

Michael from York County School of Tech

I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time

Pros

School dude is always up and running. I have used school dude for over 3 years now and it works all the time. I have never had a time where i tried to sign on and it was down.

Cons

I don't like how when teachers submit a school dude they come in twice sometimes.

Caren from Bentonville School District

April 2015

I have really enjoyed work with SchoolDude!

Pros

It helps me keep track of all our work and preventative maintenance.

Cons

FS Direct is harder to understand all of it. It takes the longest to learn.

Allison from SAISD

SchoolDude.com

Pros

This software is very user friendly and fairly easy to navigate. It is a great improvement from our previous work order and inventory system.

Cons

Even though it is web based, this could cause issues if either of our networks go down for any significant amount of time.

Holly from Onslow County Facilities Maintenance

February 2013

We provide maintenance support to over 30 departments located throughout our county. As a local government, we are mindful of our accountability to citizens and also like to ensure we are offering a high level of service to our customers. With those things in mind, we decided to begin using MaintenanceEdge to make sure we efficiently do the best job we can. Getting set up in the system was no problem at all, we transferred over some information from our last system and the system is simple enough to use that we only needed minimal training. One aspect of MaintenanceEdge that we appreciate is the ability to have an unlimited number of users. It’s made it easy for departments to set up users to enter work orders. Another benefit is that since it’s so user-friendly, the technicians have no problem navigating it and inputting information. The fact that the software is web-based is helpful because we can access it from anywhere and don’t have to worry about upgrades. This is an exceptional product and I recommend it.

Chris from Teknion Furniture Systems

MaintenanceEdge by Dude Solutions

We are launching the use of MaintenanceEdge to manage our Preventive Maintenance system, replacing a spreadsheet based system in place for years. The system is used to create Preventive Maintenance tasks specific to each piece of industrial equipment, and schedule them recurring as required.

Pros

Very simple and intuitive to use. Permission levels can be set up to let users have sufficient access to edit database records and fields without too much restriction. This allows for good customization.

Cons

There are limitations with search and look up features for certain fields of the data records. In most cases, one can search based on any data field, but in some key cases this is not easy and a round about way of finding a record is required.