• Pros

• "Ease of use and ability to customize reports, the inventory module is set up well, KPI reports are very customization friendly for predictive maintenance planning"

• "Great customer service, including unlimited training, prompt response and flexibility in developing and implementing changes to enhance functionality and user experience"

• "Help is always available, affordable alternative to an expensive software suite. Screens are easy to navigate."

• Cons

• "Occasionally we need to have a special request done by a programmer, but, there again, this company make it as smooth as possible."

• "It's slow, but that maybe our internet. You have to switch between several screen to get all the information you need sometime. "

• "Some of the interface is a little awkward to navigate I wish there was a formal training that was not on the phone/computer"

Browse Megamation DirectLine Reviews

Frank from Sage V Foods, LLC

Great software and support. They are always willing (and able!) to work with you, whether its a problem or enhancements.

We've been actively using Megamation for all of our facilities since 2010 and haven't looked back since. I recommend Megamation without reservation; try it.

Pros

This is a powerful, full featured, world-class, CMMS system quite able to handle all that you can throw at it. Support is outstanding. Where they really shine is; As our business needs change, they listen and respond accordingly. This isn't something you find elsewhere. It has features we haven't yet even used, but plan to as we grow.

Cons

Not much not to like. Online documentation is at times, vague or not current. But, all you need to do is give them a call to clear something up.

Denise from Lewis & Clark College

We are a College campus using DirectLine since 2012. The Mobile app in 2017.

Pros

Megamation has been able to customize DirectLine for our situation. We've been able to set up On-Demand inspections that will create a work order if a deficiency is found. Great for dorm room and mechanical equipment inspections. Their Mobile app that allows maintenance workers access to their work orders from a smart device (Kindle or phone).  The adoption of mobile work request system eliminates the printed copies, allows for receipt of work requests in the field, and improves staff productivity by refocusing time spent on paperwork to time spent in the field. I find their customer service/help desk to be very responsive and quickly solve whatever issue we may have.

Cons

Because the software is customize-able, it took us a while to understand our real needs and how we could make the software work best for us. It was very helpful when Megamation put us in contact with a retired College Facilities person that understood the DirectLine system and the needs of a college system.

Kelsey from Natural Factors

Support for program is fantastic!

Support team has seemed genuinely happy to help me anytime I ask. They are quick and efficient in their support and come up with great ways to use the system to help me!

Pros

Whenever I have a question or need, the support staff is there to aid me! Megamation also has some very usable functions that come in handy

Bryan from Elkay Manufacturing

Review - Elkay Mfg

The program is very good for smaller users or users with few locations. As long as the program is setup correctly it is easy to use and users can work with it right away. We have been successfully using it for four years now and have increased the number of users each year.

Pros

Program is very simple the learn and use. I have setup new plants / users in as little as 3 months time. Most users report the program being simple to use with a short learning curve. Customer support is helpful and available via phone or online 'shadowing' which also helps users with training. Most of my requests for customization have been completed with little or no charge in a very short time. Administration of the program is very easy. I can update user profiles, and/remove functionality and perform many other customizations without contacting DirectLine. We don't own anything so there is no hardware to maintain and upgrade over time. We don't need to maintain the software either as maintenance is included in the annual service agreement. This reduces the burden on our IT staff.

Cons

As a large user the cost approaches that of a purchased system especially when looking at the cost over several years. The system is a stand alone installation and is not integrated with our ERP software. This has made it difficult to use the pruchasing and inventory modules available in the program. System does not currently give us the ability to query all of our plants at once. We have to run multiple reports and merge the data. Limited availability of KPIs or visual reporting. Export data has to be manipulated in Excel to produce charts and graphs; the raw data is difficult to interpret quickly.

July 2016

Joan from CTB, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

July 2016

CTB, Inc., Maintenance Clerk Megamation Review

Megamation DirectLine has been easy to pick up and run with. On the rare occasion that I need help the Customer Service Tech team has never failed to have me back up and running in a very short time frame.

Pros

I can't say enough about the Technical Support Team. They are very knowledgeable, polite and always willing to help. I also like that it is a lease product. To keep a good customer base requires satisfied customers. Good concept!

Rob from NSHA

Great Customer / Tech support

Pros

I like that it is a program for creating work orders and not a different program that has this feature added to it. I like the work order console concept and how it presents your WOs to you, arranged how you like it. I like having multiple windows open while I am working on different things. The team behind this program is very very helpful. They are always willing to help and teach, regardless of the issues. This is the best part of the program.

Cons

I am the go-to guy in the shop for this stuff. I am learning it as I go with the help of the support team. When I first started to use the program as a user it fount it was a little clumsy. Not being able to "double click" on the description of the work order to open it. Having to close the "View work order" screen and open and "Close work order" screen to close it when the work order was done. Opening multiple windows and navigating through them was not something that came easily, but now that I know its obvious. This program is great and can do lots but for the person who turns the wrench it can be a little too much for what they need it to be, for now.

Terry from Loch Lomond Villa

Megamation - a great resource to us, we use it primarily for Work Orders, Equipment inventory and PM

tracking work orders, tracking equipment repairs, prompts for Preventative Maintenance, daily, weekly , monthly.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support, the Megamation staff are always proactive they call us regularly to see if there is anything we need, whenever we have a question they are always prompt and helpful

Cons

I have no complaints, we only use a small portion of Megamation's capabilities, I'd like the font to be larger. Other than that I am a very happy user.

David from Saralee

Saralee Lips Reveiw

Highly recommend, Great tool, user friendly, great tech support always will to change and modify application to meet our needs. I use this tool everyday for maintenance work flow management, inventory tracking and purchasing. I have worked industrial maintenance for 25 years and by far this is the best CMMS tool I have used.

Pros

Module based application Total inventory control; able to link inventory to equipment and assets, also able to issue inventory to work orders. Purchasing Module, able to generate purchase orders (auto reorder) based on min max levels pm and work order interface, able to attach Microsoft word and excel docs to work orders and pm's. Maintenance shift log, maintenance personnel are able to document work completed on there log approved by there supervisor. (Great function) Maintenance KPI (KEY PROFORMACE INDICATERS) the system auto tracks KPI on a work order console dash board, Great function able to drill down to specific Equipment and people. The following are some we track. 1. Time planned 2. Time scheduled 3. Time documented 4. Inventory turn 5. PM Completion 6. % Maintenance down time. This alone has pushed our TPM (total productive Maintenance) Program ahead.

Cons

I have no complaints, most maintenance organization only use 30% of there CMMS. We use 95% of our system and have problems that are not addressed immediately.

Kevin from Goodwill of Greater Washington

Industry: Philanthropy

Highly functional application - terrific customer service response and flexibiliy

Pros

Cons

The software (administrative portion) is not the easiest to use and the reporting is a bit clunky. In terms of ease of use - this application has extensive functionality and, in my experience, it is difficult to make such applications "completely" friendly to users who don't have a level of experience working with CMMS systems, so I don't consider this a drawback.

Ralf from Panolam Industries Auburn Facility

DirectLine - Direct Success

We are thrilled with DirectLine so far. The system is very user friendly and as we trained all our managers, supervisors and group leaders, we haven't missed a beat in creating work orders. We have also started up PM programs in several departments (with all documents needed scanned into the system) and we are now working on generating reports. The support from your team has been tremendous. All changes we have requested has been granted and every question we have had, has been answered. We are eagerly looking forward to what the future is bringing.

Pros

User friendly, great support.

Cons

Nothing we dislike at this time.

Joe from Grand Traverse County

Megamation Directline CMMS

The Customer service is world class, Training either onsite or remotely is accomplished very well and at minimal cost

Pros

Cons

Photo inclusion is a bit clunky and difficult to utilize smoothly, cost per module is initially a selling point but as the system is setup it would be better to have all modules available.

Pamela from Amgraph Packaging

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Love the support staff. Always an answer quickly. I can't say I've ever been disappointed.

Organization, history, tracking.....list is long.

Pros

The software is suited to best fit the needs of my company. As we grow this software grows with it. When we first started the set up it was with a second facility in mind.

Cons

The only thing that needs improvement is the reporting. Its very general. It is easy but I'd like to have my weekly reporting export directly into a chart set up. Maybe better training.

Richard from Municipality of West Perth

Drinking Water and Wastewater Operations Maintenance recording made easy

Shopped around for a CMMS application for almost a year, we consider this a solid platform for our maintenance programs.

Pros

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for some staff who did not use the system on a frequent basis, but support was available.

Kevin from Facilities

Industry: Semiconductors

My experience with DirectLine has been very positive

I have a very good idea of what maintenance activities are being done in my group. It's straight forward to schedule the maintenance.

Pros

The software works well and predictably. I appreciate the support I have received from DirectLine. Having 24 hour support is fantastic. The support Staff is always helpful and they are quick to fix my issues.

Cons

Too many mouse clicks for a scheduler/superuser. I think they could do a better job making some of the redundant tasks more streamlined.

Rick from Cape Breton University

CBU MegaMation Implementation

Over the past 5 years I would estimate that I have recommended MegaMation to 50 organizations. The highest recommendation that I can reference is that the use of MegaMation was a condition of my accepting the position that I am in now.

Pros

This is my second launch of MegaMation in a facilities application. The previous instance was in a hospital setting and it went smoothly as well. Both applications were customized to meet my specific needs and this is an evolving process; not just an initial start-up service. Often they have had a better idea about how to meet my specific requests, sometimes in ways I hadn't even considered, and other times we've both had to go back to the drawing board. The outcome is always consistent though, we always get what we need.

Cons

In both places that I have used MegaMation, it is hard for the IT people and Privacy people to wrap their heads around the concept of off-site servers and not "buying" the software. The best analogy one can use is that we all use on-line banking with our personal information out there in an off-site server and we don't own the software.

Terry from Loch Lomond Villa

Megamation

Pros

We use the software for work orders, equipment lists, repairs, and tracking, the software has tons of applications to choose from and the support from the staff is exceptional.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software

Alex from poraver north america

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Fantastically versatile, exceptional customer service and support for even the smallest issues.

Allows us the benefits of keeping up to date on all things maintenance, allowing improved equipment availability.

Pros

Effectively made this a one stop shop to provide a tool kit to maintenance and engineering, for any industrial environment. It is also configurable to our needs.

Cons

Can be a little overwhelming at first until your organization understands it's abilities and how you want to use them.

Casey from Lake Washington Institute of Technology

Helps us stay organized

Pros

Customers now have a single path to get their needs met. This has allowed us to properly organize our time.

Cons

Some of the modules in the product are unnecessary for us.

Burke from Vancouver Island University

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great system, lots of options.

Good support response.

Pros

Great system, lot of options. Good customer support. I am using characters to fill up this minimum requirement.

Cons

Some delays and difficulty in setting up custom features. Some technicians are too technical in their communications.

Brandon from Dentsply Sirona

Good

Pros

It helped us move from papers to paperless, easy to look up information if you know what you're looking for. Costumer service is excellent!

July 2015

Charlie from SDCCD

July 2015

Money Well Spent and Money Saved

Pros

Having MegaMation Directline is like a custom built system tailored for your specific needs at an off the shelf price. We are the APPA 2011 Effective and Innovative Practices Award winner. MegaMAtion Directline was a vital part of our lean enterprise processes in facilities management.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. They have a wonderful staff and a great product.

Keith from IQE

Industry: Semiconductors

Facilities Manager utilizing Megamation Directline

Pros

Very professional CMMS with excellent support. Gives up great method to track, schedule and document preventative maintenance.

Cons

Somewhat awkward to navigate until trained and get some experience with it.

Antonio from Can Art

General Manager

Great experience. We appreciate the support in uploading out data

Pros

The Mobile app is a great tool to use. Accessibility to as many user we want. Simple to use and configurable to our needs

Cons

It is a good software on overall but there is many glitches, most due to improper use and lack of training. More webinars on you tube should be available.

Gordon from Vanderwell Contractors 1971 (ltd)

System fits our needs very well>

Overall nice to work with.

Pros

The system modules are very easy to identify and operate. Very comprehensive list of functions. Customer service has been excellent.

Cons

Unable view picture of equipment along with the equipment information. No print function for PM's unless the WO is scheduled.

Tyrone from Cafe Valley Bakery

So much to choose

After viewing a demo of the direct line software I found it to be full of potential. I truly enjoy having that amount of freedom to do with the program as I choose.

Pros

This is a cloud based product, so no need to load your servers.

Cons

The cost for some is a bit pricey.

Jon from Tacoma Community College

Megamation Review

Customer Support is Great, but the program is difficult to learn and there are no " EASY" text instructions to help you.

Pros

The program works well when you learn it.

Cons

Difficult to learn.

Bill from Olympic College

March 2011

My review of the Directline program

Keep up the good work!!!

Pros

This program is very easy to use, the reports are great and fast. The support is always there and if a question can not be answered at the time an answer will come in a very short time frame. When i help people start up the program it does not take a lot of time for them to be using a module.

Cons

There could be more web based items avalible to the system.

Stacy from American Packaging Corp.

Well supported and continually improving CMMS

Since our implementation of DirectLine, Megamation has completed may customizations to meet our needs. These have help us to satisfy regulatory requirements, improve our business management and gain acceptance from users.

Chaitanya from CTG

an extraordinary asset to us, we utilize it principally for Work Orders, Equipment stock

Pros

Clients presently have a solitary way to get their requirements met. This has enabled us to appropriately compose our opportunity

Cons

For us it took a while to comprehend our genuine needs and how we could influence the product to work best for us.

Robert from Case Farms

DIrect Line review

I would highly recommend megamation system to any company

Pros

Excellent maintenance software programs.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about system.

Buddy from Sage V Foods

Preventive Maintenance

I would highly recommend this software

Pros

They have a great search engine for all modules.

Cons

There are none at this time