FMX Reviews

4.69 / 5 (354) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 41 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Very easy to use. I Love this product, we us it everyday and when u need help they are always there to help fix or take suggestions."

• "This system has helped us so much streamline so many processes. I highly recommend this this system. "

• "Visually appealing, molds to your needs and easy for customer/staff to use too. This product has been so easy to switch too from SchoolDude, We love it our staff loves it, invaluable!"

• Cons

• "There is no app. We would love one, however the mobile website is decent."

• "Would be a little more handy if an app was available. But it is not to difficult to log on to the website."

• "Some admin functions are a little hard to remember how to use but tech support is so great at walking me through. "

Browse FMX Reviews

Patrick from Rowland Hall

FMX is a great solution for us

Very pleased with the system and it's a great value for the money.

Pros

All in one system, Tech Support requests, Building Maintenance Requests, Calendaring all in one place makes it easy for the end user to navigate and our team members to keep track of everything.

Cons

I wish we had more control of some of the fields and could label them with our internal lingo.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied December 2018

Hi Patrick! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX and that it's working well for Rowland Hall. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Fred from Lakeview School District

Perfect for K-12 Public Schools

Pros

K-12 Public School Departmental Supervisors typically have multiple, disparate systems for Technology, Maintenance, Grounds, Transportation, Facilities Reservations, and inventory. FMX brings all of this together in one easy-to-use portal.

Cons

There doesn't really appear to be any cons, especially considering the experience I've had setting up and configuring other helpdesk portals.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

FMX fit our needs perfectly without the need to use other systems to accommodate our various departments. Technology, Transportation, Maintenance, Grounds, Facilities, and Athletics can make great use of this product. Our end users appreciate having only one login portal for all of these systems, and they only have to learn one application to get the assistance they need.

Susan from VLPP

I'm usually the person initiating all facilities requests from our organization.

It makes it very easy for staff at different locations to alert me to facilities issues, and to follow along to know where we stand on resolving the issue.

Pros

It's very easy to use, I don't have to do much education with staff to teach them how to use it. I really like that you're able to add someone as a follower to a request, too.

Cons

I wish I could search requests by the person who put them in, or see the name of the person who put the request in next to the request itself. We also don't really use the cost or hours options, so It would be useful to hide those and better customize the lists of requests.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Susan! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are thrilled that you find FMX extremely user friendly! In your review you mentioned wanting to search requests by the person who created them, as well as be able to hide cost and worker hours. We would be happy to show you how to do this! We will be emailing you shortly to discuss this further!

Lisa from College Church

Greatest People Ever to work with!

The FMX staff are probably the most helpful people I've ever worked with. They answer often within the hour of an emailed request and many times the reply comes even faster than that. They try to cater to our every need within their ability and then, like I mentioned above, when the program cannot do what we need, they find another way. Best customer service every.

Pros

It is customize-able. Almost everything I asked FMX folks to do was doable. Other scheduling software we looked at either said they'd charge more for every change or special accommodation or that they just didn't offer it.

Cons

The reports. They list multiple room bookings to say, "this room plus 6 others". This was rectified by FMX creating an Excel file that would extrapolate those as that is the report we need. SO, FMX reports wont' do it but FMX created a work around for me that works just fine. The other least liked thing is that I cannot have different times in one booking. If it's a multi day or many time slots event I have to create multiple bookings and if there are special notes about one particular room in that multi room event, I cannot add those notes to just that one room.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Neither of those could do all that we needed

Damon from Supreme Foods LLC (Burger King)

Industry: Restaurants

Game Changer

FMX has changed how we do maintenance. As we began our maintenance team for the franchise our maintenance tasks were verbal with no records of work completed or cost or man-hours. Now we are able to track all of the above and more. We are now able to track inventory, use reports to gather analytical metrics to aid in decision making processes, and track man hours identifying workload and balance of assignments.

Pros

The pros of this software is that it is easy to use. It can be customized to use primarily drop down choices that help to ensure that entries are clear and easily understood. Customer support is fast and thorough. The reports convey viable information to use in making business decisions such as workload, lifecycle maintenance, cost per repair, and identification of top 10 problem pieces of equipment. The list of pros is very extensive.

Cons

If I had to identify a con it would be the import feature. On rare occasions it will freeze during an upload and I would cancel and restart the upload, once the new upload completed it would not allow the work order to be closed due to pending upload. You would then have to close the window and start over.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

We chose FMX over the others based on customer support, cost, and ease of use.

Christian from Victory Life Church

Love FMX!

FMX has not only made us more efficient but has helped us to be more productive by being priority focused. It helps me manage my people less because I can set up priorities in FMX so they know what is important now.

Pros

I product is only as good as the support that comes with it aaaand FMX has excellent support and customer service. Their reps are great at communicating when changes happen and any time I need help the go above and beyond to help me figure things out. I know anytime I need help with something my rep will help me accomplish it with an awesome, friendly attitude. They act like they care about you as a customer...imagine that!

Cons

In the beginning, some of the features were not as user-friendly, but with their constant updates they have continued to make things better and more user-friendly.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Price/Value comparison plus the ability to customize and grow with the software.

Jim from Del-Mor Dwellings Corp.

FMX - one year out and we're happy

FMX has greatly improved our abilities with respect to organization of information, ease of reporting, monitoring follow through on work orders, scheduling preventative maintenance, and planning for future capital replacement needs.

Pros

Ease of use, scalability, alignment with our needs

Cons

There are a few aspects of functionality that are not available, which FMX understands and indicates they are working to put in place as others clients have expressed similar interest.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Positive sales experience with regard to personal interactions, effort made to introduce the product functionality in detail, price point, and functionality that aligned well with our organization's needs.

Calvin from Hillcrest Church

My FMX experience

It has made my job more focused. I can now find what I need to do and what I have done in one location.

Pros

It is a tool to keep me organized with maintenance needs and a resource to find assets relating to my job of managing a facility.

Cons

As I say with most any item purchased it doesn't come with the manpower to work it. Being the manager of the software and worker of the tasks I can mold it however I need.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

It was more streamlined in what I need to help manage my job and facility.

Joel from Ironton City School District

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great performance for an exceptional price

Our district purchased FMX because of the need to clean up, define, and adjudicate requests from multiple locations and from multiple departments. The benefits for using FMX were realized almost instantly. As an example, I am the tech person within the district. I now have a centralized location for all requests. My boss can now see where our efforts are being directed towards and the staff can keep a real-time look at requests with information they would not have received without using a system like this. In short, FMX has increased effective communication within the district.

Pros

The software has allowed our staff to become fully engaged with a wide range of request types such as tech requests, maintenance requests, and transportation requests to name a few. Our staff can now track specific requests for assistance and validate the status of said requests. Our district pays a fraction of cost other programs of the same type would charge. We also use integration with 3rd party applications to add in athletic schedule requests directly into the system. This feature eliminates the need to put in schedules in multiple applications.

Cons

I have very little negatives to say about this product. The only downside was implementation. It is helpful if your organization has a clear definition of workflows for each request type prior to implementation. Changing the workflow of requests are not complicated, but can be a bit challenging if the organization has put some thought into this process prior to going live with the software.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

The pricing was on point, the programs features fit perfectly into the requirements for the application, and the end user experience was easy to use to make this application well suited for our organization.

Eric from COMTEX

The software is overall very easy to use, it is very easy to learn, and very easy to set up.

A lot of benefits. PM tracking, repair tracking, inventory management.

Pros

The best feature of the software is its easy to use. Someone with very little computer skill can learn to use it. I also like that it is web based so you don't have a huge program to install on your PC's.

Cons

I dislike that there is still a lot of manual data entry at initial start up. After you get through that phase, there isn't much not to love.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Eric! Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review regarding your experience with FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! Please do not hesitate to reach out to the support team if you should ever need assistance importing data into your site moving forward! We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for being such a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

FMX is very easy to use with great customer support!

Ease of use and simple interface with a great deal of capability makes FMX a great choice at all levels.

Pros

FMX is very intuitive requiring little training and has a lot of great functionality. We really like the ease of calendar administration (dragging and dropping) versus having to reprogramming schedules. The calendar also offers a lot of flexibility with color combinations which work great for us to identify request types and status at a quick glance. The ability for basic users to just send in an email and directly transferring that into a work request really has opened up the system to sporadic users and is a real game changer for us. No need to remember passwords and worry about request types and location names for people who use it once a month! This has really improved the system adoption at all levels, not just with our facilities team. The Customer Success Team at FMX has been outstanding and have gone out of their way to make sure we understand how the system functions and work through our individual requirements. Definitely one of the best I have worked with through MANY software rollouts. Luckily FMX has been so stable that we have not had to test emergency support. Overall it has been a great experience switching to FMX.

Cons

There is some cumbersome functionality with users, confirmations and notifications in our work flow but the FMX team has been great at addressing and looking for solutions. Since we are not using all the features available many of the stock reports are not too useful for us but FMX has helped customize some things and I am sure we will work through more reporting as time goes also.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customizable calendar! Please continue to reach out any time to our support team regarding any issues you might be experiencing with your FMX site, and we would be happy to assist you! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Stanley from Tuscarora School District

Very positive experience so far.

It is a great tool for myself and my technicians. I love that they can access it from their smart phones or iPads. It is another tool in their tool box which helps them do their work faster which helps when budgets are limited and I cannot hire more techs. If they can do their job faster, it is like getting additional manpower without extra cost. If they can get access to important information without going to look for it, it saves a lot of time. It also gives me good data to be able to plan appropriately both with scheduling manpower and with budgets.

Pros

The ability to attach documents, PDFs, pictures, etc. This is great to be able to attach manuals, trouble shooting documents, etc. to equipment which is then accessible to the technicians in the field without going and searching for the information. Also the flexibility to customize the software to suit our needs for equipment, work orders and inventory. This is important to be able to customize the software to how we work in our district. Also the speed at which your team works when I submit a request. I have give them Excel spreadsheets with equipment information and they load it usually within a couple hours or even less. Great response time.

Cons

Not able to reserve inventory against a work order while you are planning and scheduling it. This is huge as when I am planning work to be done and I want to reserve an inventory part so that it is available when the tech goes to do the job. One such work order type is a PM where filters or belts are required, it would be nice to reserve them or be alerted that there are none in stock. I wish I could change the name "Equipment" to "Asset". A company can include roofs, doors, windows, floors, etc in the equipment tab as we are asset manager, not just equipment managers. I wish I could put in a type of equipment or asset and have a secondary window open up in the equipment page which would allow for specific data to be entered as it pertains to the equipment type. For example, if I would select a "motor" type, it would be nice to see a window within the page that would ask me for HP, RPM, Volts, etc. If I would enter an equipment type of a "Fan" , the page would ask for RPM, CFM, Belt or Direct drive, Etc.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi Stanley! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to customization options and the ability to attach documents! I would love to chat more with you regarding your feature requests! There are definitely some solutions here! I will be in touch shortly to discuss these further. Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Michael from Associated Students of SDSU

It has been excellent, any issues that I find are resolved in a timely manner

I am able to efficiently and easily keep track of work orders and planned maintenance and track costs associated with both.

Pros

I am able to efficiently and easily keep track of work orders, planned maintenance items and other requests. I can track costs, both for parts and for man-hours for specific types of maintenance and run reports to see what we are spending the most time and money on. We can use the reports to streamline our processes and predict what equipment may be failing sooner than later. The other thing that is done well is the customer service. There are constant improvements based on customer feedback and whenever I come up with a one off suggestion, FMX has always been helpful in coming up with solutions that allow me to implement what I want and most of the time allow me to make additions myself without having to rely on them to change the format of the system. It is very user friendly.

Cons

Some of the filtering options don't allow me to limit very specific things on the calendar setting. This may only be an issue in our place because of how we are set up, but I can't filter maintenance requests and planned maintenance items per user at the same time. I have to do one or the other. This is a basic issue that we can work around.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Michael! Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! We are so pleased to know that you are such a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to tracking work orders, costs, and worker hours! Thank you for continuously helping us to grow and enhance our software with your feature requests! We will definitely look into these filtering suggestions and keep you updated on any new features moving forward! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Robyn from Gahanna Jefferson Public Schools

The essential tool for me...

I manage facilities use/rental/internal scheduling for the 12 buildings in our public school district. Without FMX this would be a much more difficult task. I love that I can have a visual calendar of the entire district and "dummy it down" to just the exact information that I am looking for by using the filters. Being able to reference an event by a specific event number is essential and the online payment tracking is helpful as well, though it does have some limitations. My community members and staff members have found the system very user-friendly and I'm happy to report that even the most stubborn of the group have embraced the scheduling system. Color coding of the calendar view makes it easy to determine what needs your attention ASAP and I have found working on the system on a mobile device easy to take care of things on the run. Overall I give FMX 5 stars for ease of use by all users and I find the features and functionality spot on most of the time. Whenever I do have a support concern I always get a very speedy response. Thank you FMX for helping me stay organized with this very daunting task of mine. I don't know how I would do it without you.

Pros

The color coding of the calendar really helps me stay on top of things. The ability to look things up by event id and the ease of changing events is something I use almost every day. I created a simple one-page tutorial that I send out to all new members and I rarely get a call asking for help on how to use the system.

Cons

I'm not sure what could be improved, but I feel like the billing could use some help. It seems more labor intensive to me than what it should...I feel like I do things twice as I create the bill externally through excel and then translate the billing info into FMX. Similar with accepting payments...I track the payment externally and then transfer payments into FMX. I would also like the ability to email a community member directly from FMX and those communications be trackable via FMX.

Chris from Faith Baptist Church

Best Fit Solution for My Facility

This FMX solution was an incredible improvement to the old way of doing things. The functions / modules also aligned to my business process better than any other calendar and CMMS reviewed. I had the ability to add fields, create workflow steps, and ensure efficiency without making the process too complex for non-technical staff. FMX assisted me in implementation and data migration from existing system and was able to use several of my recommendations for future improvements. The ability to export or embed the calendar in other sites and tools overcame the final custom printing hurdle. Has been a great tool and transition from our past way of doing business. I have recommended this product to any who ask for a CMMS or Calendar solution.

Pros

The integration of events calendar with facilities maintenance team activities. The members of our staff can all login and view every event, get assigned task, review procedures, complete procedures, be updated immediately. Web enabled. Easy to navigate. Can add new fields. Administration of users and rights. Mobile friendly. Filters. Search Engine. Color coding by type or status. Auto e-mail alerts.

Cons

Key request module more like and inventory module - not designed to track history of person holding key the way I perform this task, since I cut keys in-house and track the return and possible reissue of a key including key fobs. Vehicle request module works for our process but designed more for buses at school and not for vans at a church. Location of added fields on the screen form, not able to remove a field from view that might not be used.

Daniel from Mitchell Road Presbyterian Church

Great program. Easy to use.

Implementing FMX was very easy. FMX staff were quick to answer any questions that came up during the process. It's been a powerful tool that has helped us to be more effective and efficient in our work.

Pros

We were able to replace two pieces of expensive software, scheduling and maintenance programs, with one service that was as much as one of the programs alone. And not only was it cheaper, FMX is very user friendly. Some of our less tech-savvy users were able to pick it up quickly, so we didn't experience much if any lag time after a short training session. In addition, the change over to FMX was super easy with the import function, and any changes to make the data fit our campus were easy to do in house with the tools in FMX. Also, the reporting features and the ability to export past data to a spreadsheet let us examine our use over the past year and analyse how we can operate better next year.

Cons

Having the ability to tie into Building Automation Systems (namely HVAC and door control systems) would be very helpful. FMX may be able to do that, but it's not part of the basic program. You'll need a custom module.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2019

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you're such a fan of FMX! In your review, you mentioned that you'd like to see FMX offer a building automation system for your HVAC and door control systems. This is definitely something that we can do, and we'd love to chat with you more about it! Your customer success manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss this option further. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a great review!

Alejandra from NSB Associates, Inc.

Good for Property Management that has on site engineers, maintenance, etc.

I learned to use through a job that I had gotten and I learned fairly quickly how to handle the site and how to use it to its maximum capacity.

Pros

This product allows the Tenant, in my example, to input their own work orders or maintenance request. They can write what kind of problem they're having and submit photos/files with their request. it allows you to be able to fix a problem without having to actually speak to the person reporting the problem which can lead to escalating a simple maintenance request to an angry customer/Tenant. You can send messages about progress and log on to see what the progress is for your problem.

Cons

If you don't have an email address you can not use it because it is all based online, some tenants may be of older age and may not necessarily work off of emails or depend on them so it is important to make sure that all or most of your customers will be able to use it as well.

Response from Katie

Replied May 2018

Hi Alejandra! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so happy to hear that FMX gives your tenants easy access to submit maintenance requests from the convenience of their computer or smart phone. In your review you mentioned that users are unable to access FMX unless they have an email address. I wanted to tell you that we do have some solutions for this that would allow everyone, with or without an email address, to access FMX. I will be reaching out to you shortly through email to provide you with more details regarding these options! Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We look forward to working with you! Thank you, Katie Zwick

Brandon from Girard School District

Industry: Facilities Services

FMX is hands down the CMMS to use

We were using a different CMMS and it was cumbersome to use. I started looking at different programs and came across FMX. I also looked at several others. FMX appeared to be easy to use and it provided a lot of flexibility with being able to customize fields in any part of the system. Not to mention that all the modules are included in one price. The old system we used we had to pay for each module. The switch over was painless with the help of the employees at FMX. They have been great from the very beginning. They continue to provide updates to their programs and they notify us every time one is made with a helpful tutorial. They have also contacted me if I would like any additional training on any part of FMX. Any questions I did have, they have answered promptly and offered to make the changes or adjustments for us. They truly care about their clients and go above and beyond to make sure they are happy with the product.

Pros

I love the each of use that each module provides for the end user and the customizing that is available to the administrator.

Cons

I wish there was an actual app to have on our phones for FMX. It would add to the ease of use for the maintenance person using it daily on the go.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Ease of use for all users, affordability, customization, and reference call for another school district using it.

Brian from International School of Kuala Lumpur

Excellent Notifications

Great system with good customer service and training.

Pros

The ability to set up automatic notifications for almost all action triggers makes this product a true workflow master. We have a facilities team of ~20 staff. They access automatic email notifications on their phone, use the links in the email to go straight to their tickets, update, resolve and close the tickets, all on their own phones. Our customer satisfaction for maintenance issues is excellent. The hosting service for this product has been very reliable. The user interface is intuitive. Standard import templates are included and easy to use, allowing us to organize on spreadsheets all our data and easily import to GoFMX. GoFMX has made our jobs easier. Custom fields and forms allows us to create custom request types for any use. The extra modules besides maintenance requests offer some great workflows as well. We will be looking into using the scheduling module soon.

Cons

You cannot customize the interface. The menu buttons say what they say, you cannot change them.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied December 2018

Hi Brian! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX, especially the email notifications feature. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about the Schedule module. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Norman from Shelterwood Academy

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Product, Company and Support

Worker efficiency Cost efficiency Accountability Structure

Pros

We choose this product because despite the times we live in we still have some employees that claim to be computer illiterate but with FMX there really isn't any excuse. You either can read or you can't. Every thing is pretty much straight forward. I would say that the cost efficiency would be the second highest pro to this service. We receive a lot for our money and they have been quite generous.

Cons

Really need a mobile app. Also would love to be able to control when to send emails; having an email go out every time there is a change in the request can become very annoying to the requester/follower which then creates this culture of disregard toward fmx emails.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi Norman! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! It is so exciting to know that you are a fan of FMX! I would love to know more about what features you are looking for in an App, and I will be in touch shortly to discuss this further! In regard to your request for more control over when emails are generated when it comes to work requests, I would be more than happy to pass this along to our development team for further review! Thank you for the suggestion! It's information like this that will help us to continue to better enhance our system and give you the best FMXperience possible! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Daniel from DuBois Area School District

FMX has made our lives easier!

FMX has helped us become more efficient for tracking our IT and Maintenance work orders. We can accurately determine project costs and provide our users with quick resolutions!

Pros

I love the reports and the easy of use. Active Directory integration has made it do dimple for our users to enter tickets!

Cons

Not a con but I would LOVE to have an iOS mobile app!

FMX is so much better

Becky from LCBC CHURCH

Set it so you don't forget it!

FMX has helped us to organize different types of requests, inventory, and maintenance. The staff is always helpful, quick to respond, and they offer customizable support. I have often been offered more than one way to work through an issue and that shows me that my customer support is really looking out for our growth, not just getting a task done.

Pros

I appreciate the way I use this system to manage so many different facets of daily work. These are a few of my favorite things: 1. I don't lose information, the ticketing process is helpful, clear and easy to use. 2. I can drill in super specific on details and usage or I can keep a wide focus, therefore meeting the needs of many different projects and management styles. 3. There is room to grow, it doesn't just meet the needs of where you are today, it is also ready for the future growth. 4. The staff - I know that isn't software, but the fun training videos they post and they way they engage the user is important to how much I enjoy using the software as a complete experience.

Cons

That I can't use it at home to manage my family.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

I wasn't part of that process

Nick from Glacier's Edge Council Boy Scouts of America

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Overall Great, but...

Overnight, our operation became more efficient. While we were tracking maintenance by other means (excel and paper requests) this system is significantly better.

Pros

Love the format and ease of use. Working on 4 sites with only 2 full time guys and a slew of contractors and part time help, this system keeps it straight. I'm a visual organizer, and their calendar based system is perfect. Reporting is also pretty fantastic, allows for specific reports for each asset owned and managed in the system!

Cons

Maintenance request system is clunky. If a middle management person or above enters a request, life is good. If a person from outside the organization (building user, customer etc) submits a request, it is lost in space until I happen to see it when it is past due. NEED, like absolutely needs to be something that generates an email to the admin of that building to assign to a worker so it does not get lost.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Nick! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that FMX has made it easier for your organization to stay organized using the calendar feature. We are also happy to know that you find the reporting module extremely helpful! I will be reaching out to you shortly to further discuss the maintenance request module and maintenance request notifications! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

March 2013

Thom from Pontifical College Josephinum

March 2013

I am writing to express my satisfaction with Facilities Management Express (FMX). With buildings that total over 300,000 sq.ft. that were built during the depression, my team and I face many challenges in this aging facility. In the past, the method of communicating the facility needs of staff and students has been fairly disorganized, and many times, disjointed. Now that we have implemented the calendar-based, end-user request system that FMX offers, we are much more organized. Everyone that needs to know about a calendar entry is in the loop! FMX has been a huge improvement for me and my team. In it’s simplest form, FMX performs three basic functions. It... - Manages facility and IT maintenance requests - Schedules planned maintenance tasks - Reserves rooms, resources, or equipment The ease of use of this calendar-based system eliminates the need for extensive training. As a matter of fact, I believe that if a person knows how to use a computer, they can use FMX. It is extremely simple. Facility and IT maintenance requests for are a snap for staff and students to enter. Once the requests are in the system, we know instantly. Since FMX is designed for accountability and communication, it has lead to higher end-user satisfaction ratings for my department. FMX also offers students and staff the ability to place schedule requests in their calendar. These requests for rooms, resources, or equipment reside on the calendar, too, and an email is sent to any of the administrative personnel, support personnel, or members of my staff that need to know about that request. This feature helps the approval process and prevents cross-scheduling, since double-booking cannot be accomplished. Everyone in the organization appreciates this function. FMX assists me and my staff in the implementation of planned maintenance tasks. Since we began using FMX, we are now accomplishing more planned maintenance than ever before. My staff is more accountable, and they work more efficiently. The reports that I gather help my department to proactively plan for equipment failures and maximize the life of the school’s equipment investment. I am happy with this facilities management solution because it has gotten everyone at the Josephinum working together. Our students and staff are pleased with this product because they know the status of their own requests, every step of the way... from the beginning of the process to end. I recommend FMX because it is truly a cost-effective solution that simplifies facilities management for any size organization.

Alyssa from Vestil Manufacturing

Good & Bad

Over all it is very user friendly, the customer service and walk through on the whole system was made very simple and explained very well. There are a few things that the development team is working on that would be great to see in the near future.

Pros

It is very user friendly. When maneuvering around the system.

Cons

Some of our pricing did not get captured for old work orders. A lot of people are having an issue with the reporting and tracking of the system. We would also like to see batching. As in being able to move several pcs of equipment to a new department instead of doing one pc at a time.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

FMX was less complicated and more cut and dry when maneuvering through it.

Matt from The Rockhampton Grammar School

FMX In K-12 Education

Overall, I'm very happy with FMX. I chose this product, I designed the use cases, and while it is not as fully-featured as I'd like as my role in IT, it does the job admirably.

Pros

What makes this product appealing is its simplicity, and ability to bring together all the disparate ticketing queues into a single product, while still maintaining separation of those queues. Being a school, we are a large multi-campus environment. For facilities maintenance, which is the key target audience, the system is purpose built as a ticketing system. It's not an high-end system, in that you won't be loading in electrical schematics of your buildings and tagging geolocations of power points, but as an operational software package it's ideal. With the framework of your campus already in the system, adding in an IT Department ticketing queue, and subsequent custom queues makes good sense.

Cons

This is a ticketing system with inventory and asset management. It is NOT a hyper specific IT helpdesk, nor a hyper-focused Facilities Management tool, as I mentioned in the Pros section. It does what it does VERY well. If you are looking for something beyond an tool for running operationally, this may struggle.

Tony from Elmwood Local Schools

Great program to keep track of schedules, transportation, and work requests for my school district

Simplification to the 4 areas that we run through the software. The best part is I can approve when I am not at my desk. Under the old paper method, everything sat on my desk until I returned.

Pros

ease of use, keeps track of work request and progress/completion timeline. Almost everyone in my organization finds it easy to submit a request in one of the 4 modules we run.

Cons

At times, sends to many emails, but the enhancements over the past couple years has allowed users to edit this preference to a level that they are comfortable with. If I am doing a list of building use requests, I have to open each to approve. Wish I could click on the ones I want to approve, click approve and then approve all at one time, and not individually.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Tony! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience with FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! It¿s great to know that you have found the enhancements over the past couple of years to be accommodating to your needs, and we will make sure to always take your requests, such as these, into consideration as we continuously work to enhance the FMX software! We will keep you posted on any new features! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Jerry from Texas State Aquarium

Great experience, all of our users love how easy this platform is.

Ease of use, simple to setup, simple to push out to end users, has many modules, all of which we are able to use.

Pros

The fact that is has so many modules, and we are actually able to use all of them. Not like some software packages we get, and only use one or two modules, because we have no use for some. FMX has modules that we actually want and use.

Cons

Lack of dynamic reporting. The reports are pretty much all set, and we can pick which report we want, or support can make a report for us, but there's no way for us to pick and choose reports on the fly as we want. We have to pick from pre-defined reports.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Jerry! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use! Our development team is always looking for ways to better enhance our reporting module, so information like this is very crucial in helping to make that happen! We will definitely keep you posted on any updates that are made to the reporting module moving forward! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Marcy from Marysville Exempted Village Schools

FMX Review

With my permission, FMX has had potential customers call me for my review and honestly, it really is a great software and service.

Pros

FMX is a collaborative program easy for School and Community to see schedules. It prevents double booking, it's a full-service program for scheduling, price acceptance, invoicing and collecting, it keeps everyone in the know from Administrators to Custodians to Community.

Cons

We have a lot of Community use and the calendar got very busy, making it easy to miss events. However, FMX has Customer Service that could write a book about Customer Service. I reached out to our Rep and was given directions on how to work through the calendar. Anything you need, any questions, or suggestions have been sincerely welcomed by the FMX Staff.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

From the initial meeting, we were pleased with the Customer Service, the price, and it did everything that we would expect and more.

zachary from Palm Beach Tan

Best company Investment

Nothing but positive, especially when it comes to productivity.

Pros

The number 1 PRO to this software is how it cuts your time spent facilitating, scheduling and organizing requests for you team in half. I spend 50% less time using FMX because of its easy to use platform to complete tasks than our company's previous ways. It is great!

Cons

Report update time. I wish reports were in live time. Sometimes when I look at an inventory report it states updates as of 18 hours ago, at certain times I need 100% accuracy and do not think we should have to wait for it to update that infrequently.

FMX has greatly streamlined our facility operations .

One centralized platform that can be used for the facility and transportation operation of the district.

Pros

The fact that it is a one-stop platform for all of the stakeholders in our organization to use. It replaced about 4 other pieces of software and pulled our whole facility management tools together in one program.

Cons

There isn't a lot that I don't like. Maybe that at one point there were a few changes made that weren't communicated as well as they should have been but the good customer support team helped me to figure those changes out quickly.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to streamlining all of your facility operations! As we are consistently updating and enhancing the FMX software, it is highly important to us that you are always aware of all of these updates and enhancements! We would be more than happy to make sure you are on our monthly email list so that you are guaranteed to receive this information each month! If this is something that you would like to do, please let us know and we would be happy to take care of this for you! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Colin from The Bernard Group

Industry: Printing

FMX has provided a very user-friendly solution for organizing the management of all my equipment.

Keeping track of preventative maintenance and repairs for 326 pieces of production machines and facilities equipment across 5 buildings was overwhelming before FMX. It is so much easier having a software solution that provides reminders, calendars, work request tickets, inventory, and reporting all in one solution.

Pros

The calendar module and the preventative maintenance module are very useful for staying on top of equipment issues in a very easy to use platform. The maintenance request module is very easy for all of my operators to accurately record their requests for help. The reporting module is very helpful when pulling reports for my upper management. Also, the FMX support staff is incredibly responsive and helpful!!

Cons

In the main calendar view module, there are no notification icons to visually see that a new request has been added, modified, or responded too.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Colin! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! It is so exciting to know that you are such a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use when organizing your equipment items. Thank you for the suggestion for FMX to add notifications to the calendar view regarding new and modified requests. I would be happy to pass this request along to our development team! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

latina from U.S. Space & Rocket Center

pleasant

Pros

Ease of use and user interface Downtime Calculation Reporting dashboards Can integrate multiple service departments and have user autonomy

Cons

Don't like the "hard-coding" of request type colors because if a task is delinquent, it will never change color. Would prefer code to allow for "request type colors" to change to "state colors" if task(s) goes delinquent. Would prefer a guide/library on what "features" mean and allow regarding user levels Inventory calculation isn't as start forward When request is placed on "hold" how is time calculated once request is taken off "hold" Enhance filters with in planned maintenance module down to "type" when displayed on calendar Allow for filters on calendar to display service request module and planned maintenance module down to "type"

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Latina! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are happy to know that you find the FMX software easy to use! I'd like to learn more about some of your desires for the software, so I will be reaching out shortly to discuss this further with you! Thanks for being such a loyal customer; we look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Tiffany from Hilliard City School

Industry: Facilities Services

Wonderful product to help manage your schools facilities and calendars.

Having FMX has helped the schools better manage who and when the school facilities are being used. There is no more double booking of events. All staff can see whats going on in their buildings and request spaces when needed. There have been some bumps in the road but the customer service is always there to help and fix any issues we have had.

Pros

I have been using FMX for 4 years now. When first learning how to use the system, I found it very user friendly. FMX has helped keep all 26 schools facilities and calendars organized and easy to manage from one central system. Our HVAC system is now connected to FMX as well as Arbiter. Having both of these systems talking to each other has been a huge help. The best feature for me is no more double booking. With 26 schools and hundreds of resources to manage it can get very busy, so having this helps make my job a lot easier.

Cons

The reporting isn't where I would like it to be but it's a work in progress.

June 2016

Anthony from Cherokee Nation Early Childhood Unit

June 2016

Simplified productivity

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use, and the customization is virtually limitless. Our program simply provided FMX an approximation of what we wanted to do, how we wanted to use the software, they plugged all the information in and we were up and running in no time. Before FMX, we averaged about 45-50 work orders and requests per month, with approximately 7-10 of those being unnecessarily submitted. After FMX, we average 75-80 work orders per month, with each being fundamental to the success of our program, and each being completed in a timely fashion. FMX has organized, simplified, and amplified our facilities productivity.

Cons

I guess I will say, the aspect of this product I like least is there is no way to have a running total of expenditures for each physical location that work has been performed on. To specify, although each request does allow the end user to add a total cost per work order, as an administrator, I cannot simply open a specific location and visually see a total amount spent for any given timeframe, e.g., $X/year, or $X/month, etc. Now that I have said this, I must admit, our program has only been using FMX full time for approximately 3 months, and it is very possible that my issue is in fact a non-issue. I simply haven't asked if it can be customized as such. Take this negative comment with a grain of salt.

Deb from Mount St. Mary's University

Mount St. Mary's University Physical Plant

Communication is our biggest gain. FMX allows the user to follow their request thru to completion. They are given notifications everytime there is an action performed with their request and entered into the system. (i.e. part ordered). Techs add comments that user is able to read that keeps them informed. We have experienced very little issues that have required customer support but when we did, they responded quickly.

Pros

Very easy to manage. Very user friendly. We rely of work requests from the entire campus and the system is so easy for them to understand once they become a user. We are able to track our requests. The system sends notifications to requestors so they are able to see where their request stands. Communication is key. System is very easily customized to fits our needs.

Cons

there are a few features that FMX doesn't have that one of my older systems had but overall its much easier to use.

Unknown

Beth from Catlin Gabel

Customer Success Managers

Our customers now click once to open a portal that will help them request transportation, tech or maintenance support and schedule resources. Providers are able to track hours, equipment use, inventory and plan ahead for projects. Using the response option on the modules keeps pertinent communication attached to requests so no searching through email archives to access additional communication notes.

Pros

Many of our teams used different software that were not compatible. FMX was able to collaborate with the various leads and provide one system where we all experience success in customer service. The team we worked with at FMX live up to their "Customer Success" titles!

Cons

Exporting/importing data across all modules would be an asset, but right now only certain modules share information.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied December 2018

Hi Beth! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX. We're so glad that you have enjoyed working with our Customer Success team! Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and/or feature requests at any time. We are always happy and ready to assist! Thanks again for writing this wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer! We look forward to continuing to work and grow with you!

Bradley from Manheim Township School District

Facilities Scheduling Made Easy

I would be remiss if I failed to mention how spectacular their customer service is. Every single time that I've reached out for assistance, they have promptly gotten back to me and done so with a gracious attitude. I've actually emailed them to tell them that they are by far the most responsive vendor that I've worked with.

Pros

The schedule request module is terrific. Being able to set up approval queues, notifications, recurring events, and more have made facility scheduling much more streamlined. Plus we can export the event data for display on our public website, and we can even automatically import our athletic schedules from an outside service. In addition, their import templates are ridiculously easy to use!

Cons

Occasionally, a feature may require a few more clicks than what seems necessary. But overall, that's a pretty small complaint.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Better price, better feature set, (much) nice interface.

Kell from Flinders Christian Community College

This software has greatly improved the way we do maintenance.

Pros

Great at communicating with team members and clients. User-friendly and the interface looks good. The reporting tool that helps communicate to stakeholders how resources are being used. The number of features included. The multiple users that can be assigned to a task

Cons

We use our phones to check our tasks but unfortunately, there is no phone app available yet. This is small but being in a different time zone and not have the quick option of a phone call.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Kell! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review for FMX! It is so exciting to know that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to maintenance tracking and reporting! Thank you for the wonderful feature requests! We are always looking for ways to best enhance our software, and information like this helps us to do just that! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Stephanie from University of California, Davis. Division of Student Affairs

The Perfect Fit

FMX has provided the tracking system we needed and a communication piece that our users love. Users love this system for checking on status of orders or adding notes, photos, etc. Our overall experience has been excellent. The staff at FMX are friendly, helpful and, if any issues/questions arise, they quickly address the problem, which has been very few. I highly recommend FMX.

Pros

FMX is extremely easy and intuitive for our users which range from students to academic professionals. It is an excellent communication and tracking system that allows users to attach photos. As the system administrator, it is extremely easy to setup, maintain and add users, especially since I'm not an IT professional.

Cons

There really isn't anything that we don't like about the system as it has been a perfect match for our needs.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Since our needs are simple, as we were not looking for a major asset management system, this was the perfect fit in terms of it's simplicity, which I understand is what the founders and designer of the system had in mind.

Roy from Marshall Creek CDD

Industry: Facilities Services

Head and shoulders above the rest

The ability for multi departments to input requests and being able to customize views specific to each department is perfect. We maintain a 2200 acre development with multiple buildings, parks, streets, est. We are multifaceted similar to a municipality and FMX was able to customize every feature to fit our community perfectly. We recently added the ability to manage our vehicles and equipment which is very nice.

Pros

Ease of use. This was our number 1 criteria and FMX stood out from the others Reporting. The dashboard system makes customizing reports effortless. Support. Absolutely important and they have been outstanding

Cons

We have not come across any down side. Every time we discovered something that was not meeting our need, the support team was quick to modify the program to fit.

Reasons for Choosing FMX

Primarily the calendar view function. The demo proved to be very user friendly and we liked the fully custom set up.

Bonnie from East Clinton Local Schools

Transportation made easier

We use FMX for trips, maintenance, bus repair and technology requests. It is a great tool for each department to see what needs done and nothing gets forgotten.

Pros

We are able to enter transportation requests into the system and everyone is notified when a new trip has been added. It is very easy for our bus drivers to see the trips and accept them. It also shows them the address for the trip so they can find the best route.

Cons

Many times we do not have enough drivers for all the trips we have, so one driver will take the trip and drop off the students and return to school. Then another driver will go pick up the students later and bring them back to the school. We are unable to assign to separate drivers to a trip if they use they same vechicle, even if the times are different. This causes us to make two trips for the same group-one as a drop off and one as a pick up

Dean from Precision Planting

Industry: Farming

My first six months with FMX

Experience: We selected FMX after reviewing 6-7 other CMMS alternatives. Our decision was based on 1. ease of start up, 2. allowing requestors to submit an email and NOT log into a system, 3. the drop and drag flexibility on the calendar page which makes it simple to move a request to another day, 4. ease of adding a new request, and 5. a program that is simple to customize and move around in. BUT, there are a couple of things I'm looking forward to FMX fixing. First, the ability to customize the work day length on the calendar setting. Currently it is set up with a 24 hour day and I would like to be able to change the day to fit the needs of my operations. As it is it requires a lot of scrolling and makes it impractical for use or planning. Secondly, when approving or deleting requests there are duplicate buttons to push to complete the transaction. This redundancy is not necessary. Customer Support has been terrific and I'm confident that the issues I have will be resolved in the near future. I heartily recommend FMX!

Pros

Ease of use Drop and drag feature on the calendar Customer support Ease of entering tickets

Cons

Limitations on customizing the calendar to fit the needs of my operations. The lack of ability to create any report I want whenever I want. There is no app so I am limited to using FMX through my browser on my phone or iPad.

Jennifer from APCC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very easy to use and has greatly improved our teams communication.

We now have a way to keep track of maintenance and projects that we have done. It also has greatly improved the communication within our team.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use. Anyone can sign on and figure it out without training. The times where we need help, customer support has been excellent. They are quick to respond and help.

Cons

It would be better if there was a way to restrict the user to certain locations within the building. We have multiple tenants in the building and right now we can only restrict down to Building level. It would also be very helpful to be able to incorporate maps for an interactive selection. This would then help lessen input mistakes.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customer support! It¿s great to know that we have been accommodating to your needs thus far, and we will make sure to always take your requests, such as these, into consideration as we continuously work to enhance the FMX software! We will keep you posted on any new features regarding your requests! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this great review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Chad from The Village Network

Good Value for Money

FMX has enabled us to solve work flow tracking on our maintenance tasks. FMX has also helped us streamline our vehicle allocations through the transport request module. FMX has also helped us on our compliance with being able to ensure compliance related tasks are being done on time and then archived for easy access during audits.

Pros

Its easy to use and setup. It has a lot of features to fit many needs in an organization. The support is fantastic and they can assist in anything. It is very customizable and overall fairly easy to administer.

Cons

Not many cons, the largest one for me is there are a few areas that we just cannot customize to our liking, so we have learned to use the system the way it is. FMX is always making updates and improvements, so I expect some of these small specific changes I would like to see will be fixed in the near future.

Unknown

Jason from East Clinton Local Schools

Great way to efficiently track and manage many aspects of a facility in one product

Pros

The product is modular allowing the choice of implementing one or several modules. For our district, we started with maintenance and technology, but expanded to transportation, bus maintenance, and scheduling.

Cons

Sometimes, it is hard to get all of the users on the same page. The software almost allows too much customization, in the fact it can allow you to tweak items that may impact other aspects of the product.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi Jason! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to efficiently tracking and managing several different aspects of your facility! I would love to chat with you a bit more about your current issues regarding customization. I will be in touch shortly to discuss this further! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Kathy from Space Camp

Industry: Museums and Institutions

So much potential

Pros

The ability to put multiple departments into one system is great. Once you figure out how to use the features, it's great. Once I submit a ticket, the updates I receive are in real time and allow for conversations to be held back and forth through email, rather than having to go into the system each time to post/review an entry.

Cons

This could just be how my company has it set up, but the time frame given for something is simply not in real time. We have our facilities system integrated into FMX. We have our thermostats controlled by our facilities team. We have to submit a ticket through FMX to get a room temperature adjusted. It puts the ticket completion date out as 2 weeks from submission. Granted, it doesn't take 2 weeks for a room temperature adjustment to be taken care of but it can be a little disheartening to those new to the system.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied February 2019

Hi Kathy! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! It's great to hear that you're a fan of FMX. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve our product and make sure you have the best possible experience. In your review, you mentioned that the completion date for your thermostat adjustment requests is set to two weeks out from the submission date. We would love to help you set this up so that you don't have such a long gap in time! Someone from our support team will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you with this! Once again, thank you for your support!

Joe from University School

This software works very well to schedule our needs, and support has been fantastic

Pros

ease of use. customer support has reached out continuously, which is not the case with the software at our other campus (schooldude has had poor support in my experience)

Cons

that it does not integrate with our school calendar. This would be a huge help. Also, I'd love to see a 'blueprint' view of the building, in which we could assign work orders, PMs, etc so that they are spatially.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi Joe! Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a huge fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and helpful customer support! I would love to chat more with you regarding calendar integration and any other feature requests you may have! I will be contacting you shortly to discuss this further. Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Charlie from Oldfield Club

Nice program with easy to use features

Pros

I like the fact that there are ways that we can customize the system to our property that make it more accurate for users.

Cons

The training of all the bells and whistles can be a challenge especially for new users, finding a place to start a new user to get them familiar can sometimes be tough given all that the program can do.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied April 2018

Hi Charlie! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and customization options! I would love to chat with you a bit more about options for training sessions for new users, as well as getting you the right user training guides that will help to efficiently train and on board new users on your FMX site! I will be in touch shortly to discuss this further! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

David from Associated Students of SDSU

Industry: Facilities Services

I find the system to be quite valuable for reports and easy for staff to use.

Ease of work requests and scheduled PM's.

Pros

It is really simple to educate someone on how to use the software. In addition the customer support help has allowed us to easily modify everything for our needs.

Cons

Still wanting to apply the bar code reading of each piece of equipment and have the PM for that exact piece of equipment come up.

Response from Facilities Management eXpress

Replied March 2018

Hi David! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for FMX! We are so thrilled that you are a fan of FMX, especially when it comes to its ease of use and helpful customer support! We appreciate your feature request for connecting QR Codes with Planned Maintenance tasks, and I will make sure to keep you updated on this request moving forward! It's requests like these that help us to continuously enhance our software! Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this wonderful review. We look forward to continuing to work with you!