• Pros

• "Ease of use. The program is easy to navigate, fast and functional. "

• "The features look great on paper. It would be awesome if it did everything that it's supposed to instead of being functional in theory."

• "Great software for small to medium sized business - good value at this price."

• Cons

• "Some of the older version caused some problems, but the updates were quick and support is good and responsive."

• "Report writer could be a little more robust but overall it is not difficult to get the information you need from the system"

• "Product support has slowed just a bit but most issues are resolved within a few days. No other real negative issues product as a whole is very solid and stable"

Browse Jonas Enterprise Reviews

Paula from Structural Contracting Services

Long Time User

I have been very satisfied and happy with Jonas. Their improvements and new ideas every year are very beneficial to my company. In the beginning of our purchase of Jonas, project management was new, and since then ( almost 10 years ago), it has come such a long way, and has continuous improvements. The changes and the growth that has been made over the last 10 years has made my company more productive, has allowed us to analyze, keep track of certain important items ( job related, and human resource related) and help us grow our company, since we know we can handle any situation internally.

Pros

There are many things I love about Jonas. Here's just a few 1. The structure of the entire software, for example, how the trial balance ties into the general ledger, which then can tie into your job costing and your work orders. In addition to consolidating financial statements. 2. When a mistake is made, you can not delete it. It's there for good. You can fix it, but not delete it. This actually helps when needing to figure something out months later. 3. Job costing module, especially for gross profit analysis. This is very robust module, and works amazing to analyze on a company basis or at a job level basis. 4. Restrictions or an individual user, or a group of users. There are not only restrictions by module, but by button, by job etc. Security and restrictions for administrators all the way to super intendents is great. There have been many times where we have allowed a project manager to do something, and then we realized they shouldn't have access, and we made the change instantaneously.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about Jonas, but there are a couple of items I believe need improvement: 1. Procedures on how to do a specific task, including tricks and short cuts. There is an online module for all procedures, but doesn't give you everything. 2. Jonas Contacts, not very easy to use. Understanding where to create a contact ( job related or non job related), where the contacts are kept, as well as needing more people in my company to understand how to use it.

Dustin from All Temp Refrigeration, Inc.

Excellent Company and Great Software

I think the largest benefit of Jonas is not the software itself, but the people you'll work with. They are a well run organization, and just by their example have helped us improve. The annual User Conference is a great way to interact with Jonas employees, give your input on future development, and meet other Jonas customers with similar concerns to your own.

Pros

We are an MEP contractor with a little over 100 employees in four operating locations. Jonas fits our needs very well. Our previous software did not provide the data we needed to be able to best run our business, especially when it came to multiple operating divisions in multiple locations. We can now easily see profitability on our construction jobs at any point in the project, we are more organized in our service department, and our A/R has improved.

Cons

As with any of these software products, it took us a while to get acclimated to Jonas. The test company they set up before we went live was helpful, but it still takes time to get used to how it all works. Now that we've had time, we are all comfortable with how to navigate the software and get the information we need.

Caitlyn from Georges Plumbing & Heating

Jonas Construction

Overall as a new user (myself) with Jonas, I find it has been a good experience. It isn't the most effective user friendly software, but at the same time it definitely is not the worse; It is worth giving this software a shot. The more you use it, the easier and better it is. Plus, like I mentioned previously, their support team is great. The team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems. I really like that everything we do can be done in Jonas, and we don't have to toggle back and forth between different screens to do our daily tasks. The Jonas Support Team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems.

Pros

It is user friendly when it comes to different departments: project management, estimating, accounting, etc.. Everything is done in one software.

Cons

Working in accounting, I find there are some glitches in the system. I don't find it is as user friendly as Sage50 that is solely based on accounting use. For example, I find where Sage takes 1 click to make a change, Jonas takes 3. It could be a little better developed on the accounting side.

Mike from Cincinnati Air Conditioning

Well worth the time and money you put into the software

Overall we are very pleased! We use EMobile to handle all of our service technicians and the construction package, general ledger, payroll and A/R are all solid packages.

Pros

Great flexibility once you learn how to use it! Put the effort in ahead of time and during setup, get the buy in from your staff and given a little time you will have a solid package that is able to be tailored to your business. We were able to eliminate separate data bases we were keeping on different platforms due to the limitations of our previous software package!

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

Jonas was the only package we felt addressed all of our needs!

Amber from Total System Services, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

An accounting-focused software that focuses on the minutia instead of general ease of use.

Pros

Jonas creates an almost sterile accounting environment where every move is tracked and audited, increasing visibility of individual tasks. Processes are broken down into very small steps which can be helpful if you're looking for an audit trail. The mobile portion (emobile) of Jonas Enterprise is a valuable addition for field workers and dispatchers alike.

Cons

Visually the interface leaves much to be desired. Scale and size are unchangeable and there are many screens and modules that are so miniscule as to render them unreadable. Mobile-wise the visuals get better but are not quite user friendly for service individuals in the middle of a job. Jonas creates such a lengthy process for every single task that it can seem like you are taking 7 steps that could have been accomplished in one. While the audit function of Jonas is a highlight for the developers, as an ordinary user I can say it is something I never use but is incorporated into everything I do whether I like it or not. Boasted as a "true accounting software" I can't help but imagine it was an accountant's evil fantasy to produce such a laborious process to accomplish small daily tasks. When Jonas is forced to go big, it fails spectacularly. Financial reporting is and general overview is so fuzzy and diluted it's almost useless. Because Jonas creates so much data on the micro scale, large reports and financial analysis provides very little useful information. Drill down does not exist in the true sense of the word.

Deb from Continental Power

Great program - easy to use

Overall, Jonas is a very good program, has very knowledgeable staff and fast response times to problems.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is easy to navigate, fast and functional.

Cons

There are modules which you are forced into purchasing in order to upgrade the program although we have no plans to use them.

Gonzalo from SameDay Heating & Air

Good Job Costing

overall this is a solid enterprise software for construction companies

Pros

it is a full enterprise system, it has a nice owner dashboard. the job costing is great and the report writer is also good.

Cons

the accounting side is a bit weak, the balance sheet would get out of balance sometimes. the overall look of the software is a bit outdated.

August 2011

Dave from Standard Plumbing and Heating Co.

August 2011

We have used Jonas for over 1 1/2 years. However, we have recently changed to another software company. The reason we went to Jonas was because our previous system was DOS based and did not have a strong service package. We have a fast growing service department which has increased from approximately 15 techs to over 30 techs in the last 5 years. After reviewing multiple companies we felt Jonas was the best selection for service. However, there was a problem with Jonas on the contracting side. We could not "trust" our numbers. The program would give us different amounts for the same project. It really had problems in retention amounts that differed from 10% retention. I think that some of the problem was our input. It was not easy and for whatever reason we decided (for Jonas) that we should have decentralized inputting of information. Therefore we had project managers inputting information. In the past that was always a function of support staff. Another negative is that they are a Canadian company and the way they perform some of their business practices are different than what we perform. The function and terminology is different. The people are extremely helpful, however. The positives about Jonas is that our service liked the service options available. If you have a service company that does not have a large contracting base I think they would be OK. There is a lot of information in Jonas that can be used to analyze your company. There are also some very good items like the hand held devices and customer information feed back loops, customer scheduling and a very good dispatch board.

Response from Kevin

Replied September 2011

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the acknowledgment of the decision to decentralize the inputting of data. We found that we did have some minor issues but it was the incorrect inputting of data that created the imbalance. We have reviewed this and according to other clients using the same modules, the Jonas job cost retention functionality balances and is sound, the data is trustworthy. Additionally, in regards to Jonas Software being a Canadian Company, we are actually worldwide and a majority of our clients are located in the US. Although our head office is located in Toronto, we are experienced in successfully dealing with our U.S. clients for over 20 years.

Anita from Doran Stewart Oilfield Services

Seems to be lots of issues that are unexplainable by service department.

I hate getting the answer of we will fix it but can't explain why it happened. I am the type of person that likes to know why something is happening. Payroll fixes are one of those issues. When I remove something it should be removed not partly removed and then have to have a Jonas tech take the information out completely and start over. Also when I call in it seems that the people that call back are new and have no idea what they are doing and I have to waste time looking for the payroll individual when time is a factor.

Pros

Easy to get around for the most part. Search function works good but needs more detail. Easy to start a case.

Cons

Fixes seem harder than they should be and when I call in for help on a time sensitive matter the person helping doesn't seem to know what I am talking about.

Tracey from Solopreneur

Great Experience being able to monitor things in real time!

Pros

I liked being able to see my business from a variety of angles and to see how things are running in real time. Accounting is an important part of the business so being able to reduce data entry errors was also very helpful.

Cons

Initially I did not like having to fill out forms and give out endless amounts of information (or so it seems) just to look at brochures or have a nosey around past the main levels of the site.

Response from Jonas Construction Software

Replied February 2018

Hi Tracey, Thanks for taking the time to review our software. We really appreciate it. On the plus side, we did recently update the website so that the forms would automatically populate with your information if you've filled it out once prior. We know that can be a little frustrating. If you have any recent examples where the form didn't populate, feel free to send me the urls, and we can have a look at getting those updated. Thanks again, Oren Falkovitz Marketing Manager Jonas Construction Software

Jason from Metal Building Group of Companies

Bang for your buck

We have had a very positive 9 years with Jonas and the Jonas team. If we ever have an issue no matter how big or small the Jonas team have taken the time to talk to us and make sure any issue is resolved

Pros

Jonas Software and the Jonas Team are dedicated to the philosophy that we are in business together! They are constantly improving the software to meet the current needs of the construction industry, partnering with other software companies, welcome input and feed back from the users, all to create a product that is a functional tool for all levels of your organization.

Cons

When I invoice my customers and the contracts are in the million dollar price range the commas don't print on the invoice forcing me to manually adjust the invoices prior to sending them out

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

Price

Jackie from Red River Electric, Inc

Commercial/Residential Electrica Contractor. Jonas was the right fit for us.

We have been live with Jonas for a little over a year. As with ANY software, it isn't perfect and will not suit every need. It is impossible for a software to please everyone as we all run our businesses differently. We shopped several software options, and for our medium size company with a service department, Jonas fit us best. I agree, the reports are very simplistic in format and do take some getting used to. I had to look beyond pretty pictures and format as what is really important to us is the data. The Pro and Con to Jonas is it is HIGHLY customizable. With that, there needs to be a very thoughtful process to how you set it up in the beginning. Which is a challenge since you won't know how some things work until you are using it. It is a very robust software for the price, in my opinion, and will take patience and time to learn all it can do. I found that the very basics such as entering A/P, work orders, creating jobs are very easy to learn. The complexity comes when you want/expect to rely less on outside software and spreadsheets. Our company borders two states, one with a multi-jurisdiction sales tax schedule. Every payroll or sales tax requirement Jonas has been able to handle. Jonas is able to handle multi-state, multi union payrolls. Something we found not very many programs could throw in a service department and it became very small unless I wanted to buy a program that equated us to driving a bus down the road for 3 people while spending 6 figures. No thank you.

Pros

My favorite is the Project Control screen. From there, our project managers can drill down and get all the information they need in one quick and easy place. Each person can customize some of the drill down screens to tailor to their individual needs. AIA/progress billing is easy with the step by step menu. It is also easy to go back and adjust if needed. The ability to set controls across the various modules. Your voice is heard. I have always been able to talk thru a challenge with support and management. They listen and if the demand is there they will put it in the next product update.

Cons

The stock payroll reports haven't fit very well for us. But Jonas is working on that. Cluttered menu items that hang in there because their long-time customers still use them. It is confusing when you are first learning.

Katelynn from Bockmon & Woody Electric Co., Inc.

I am Happy Long-term Client that has been using Jonas since 2001

Great trainers who are very knowledgeable and professional. They work with us to troubleshoot any issues we are having with prompt response time!

Pros

We found Jonas easy to learn because they have THE BEST trainers and customer support. We have gotten to know that staff over the years and they are awesome! Doesnt matter if we have big or small questions - they are always willing to help us. We use the system for A/R, A/P, G/L, Payroll, Project Management, Service Management, Inventory, and Equipment. The reporting is the best part because we are able to fully drill down and see how all projects are doing at any point in time. Weve also been able to grow our service management side because of their Dispatch Board and the mobile solution. We love it!!! And last but not least, the payroll makes my life so much easier, having both union and non-union this makes it a breeze. As a Union Electrical Contractor working in over ten different locals in California, this is imperative to have this functionality. Jonas Software has changed the way the company operates, saving time, making things more organized, and more proficient. Jonas is always listening to clients and they truly care and live up to their promise of being a partner rather than just a provider. We are able to have full insight into our business and weve been able to grow because of the software!

Cons

At this time I can not think of any cons.

R. Scott from Chiller Systems Service, Inc.

Jonas Review

Jonas is our third ERP software program we have used in 20 years in business. Learned a lot about selection process' by knowing my experiences with the first two. I also learned none of them do everything, all of them will hiccup from time to time. So my selection of Jonas centered around: 1. Is their customer service responsive (yes), 2. Do they constantly try to improve the product based on customer input (yes), 3. Is the product fairly priced (yes). and is the annual fee structure reasonable (yes). We also needed a strong field mobile platform as we have used wireless field mobile solutions for many years. Jonas has worked very well for us, we continue to get training on new modules and features we can use to make our company process/ better.

Pros

Constantly looking for ways to improve a product and they do not wait until year end to release updates if they are ready they release them. Customer service is very responsive if you need immediate help. Training is very high quality, conversion from our old to the new system was without trouble and well planned.

Cons

Dispatch board does not schedule projects or long term service work well (works very well for day to day calls) but they developed a project scheduler that looks promising for that.

Sandra from Crossroads Refrigeration Limited

Our Jonas experience has been an excellent move for our business.

We have experienced increased productivity on the administrative side of our business and higher accuracy in all areas.

Pros

eMobile and Dispatch Scheduler have helped us to respond to customer service requests in a more organized and timely manner. The integration part of this software has increased our productivity enormously. No more paper work orders! And has made the accounting side of our business seamless from service tech to customer invoice. Payroll accuracy has increased and timeliness of getting invoices out to customers has increased because of the techs ability to use devices to complete work orders and we are not waiting for them to be turned into the office.

Cons

I find the Job Costing module very cumbersome. The job invoicing is a little arduous. When doing multiple customers for monthly draws, it is very time consuming to have to go in and out of each job to invoice. Also, if you do not have a bill to set up in accounts receivable you have to exit the job master, then go to AR to set up the bill to and back into the job master to finish your set up.

Dustin from ATR Contractors

Very Satisfied User

Our company switched software products to Jonas just over 1 year ago. We had outgrown our old system. We've been extremely pleased with both the Jonas software and the Jonas staff we've interacted with. Our company has just over 100 employees in four office locations. This system can handle our multiple divisions without being too complicated or cumbersome to use.

Pros

The primary issue with our last software was an inability to get good reporting and data from the system, especially for our multi-divisional operation. The report writer in Jonas is a very useful tool, and the financial drill-down capabilities are excellent. We also now have real-time job cost data, and more detailed P&Ls, which has helped our ability to manage construction work.

Cons

No software product is perfect. We've had to adapt a few of our internal processes to fit the way Jonas is made to operate, but nothing has come up that we haven't been able to work around. The Jonas trainers are also an excellent resource we've utilized to make the system work as best it can for us.

Bruce from Continental Flooring Company

Flooring contractor / reseller - after 6 years of Jonas experience

Pros

The software handles WIP reporting very well. The subcontractor module provides good controls. The design of sales tax location codes provides good flexibility in sales tax reporting. The product has well-integrated applications. The F2 lookup ability in modules is consistently designed and very helpful.

Cons

1) I would like more standard reporting capabilities. Some reports need Report Generator reports to create. Others require DataMart. DataMart can obtain good results, but it is too complex for anyone but a programmer to design. Almost all contractors have to deal with reporting workers comp and sales taxes, so these reports should be part of a standard product and not need custom programming. 2) During conversion in 2008, it was difficult to fully convert existing data into Jonas and also tie everything to jobs. 3) Portions of the programming have fields with too few characters available. Examples are the Customer PO field in Job Cost and A/R, along with the part number field in inventory.

Jeremy from Prairie Controls Ltd.

Small construction/service company.

Pros

Lots of features and fairly easy to use. Customer support, when we've needed it, has be good and typically provided in a timely manner.

Cons

Old interface. 15 character limit on inventory items (and having to use alternate part numbers) needs to be fixed. Even the alternate part numbers are too small for many of our parts. Purchase order numbers, and cheque numbers are too short. New modules seem like add-ons to the base program, rather than a complete integrated solution. Inability to access some fields for custom reports. Some built in reports are poorly implemented.

Lesa from C. E. Williams Sons, Inc.

11 Years of Loyality!!

When we first came on board with Jonas in 2007 we had some issues being an excavation contractor in Pennsylvania with the state Prevailing wages, taxes, etc. but Jonas worked through those issues with us and now I highly recommend them!! I have been on many different software packages and Jonas is my favorite!!

Pros

Have always loved the support and ease of logging a support call. Staff is very knowledgeable!! Updates are easy to load. Jonas listens to clients needs for any changes that benefit the client.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Jonas. I have never had any thing to complain about with them. Everything is great!

Cindy from Allerion Oilfield Services

After some training it is a very indepth easy to use program

The customer support are amazing and really know their product!!!

Pros

The customer support whenever you have an issue, question or concern is outstanding, when you log a case they get back to you very quickly.

Cons

The system can be a little overwhelming if you do not have some training, but once you have been working with it for awhile (if you have worked with other accounting software) it is very user friendly at least for the general areas of each module. If you search in the tutorials Jonas is quite good at supplies assistance for most of the modules. Therefore I can not really find a con.

Jason from Schaffer Mechanical

Jonas Software

Pros

The software gives us all the tools we need to run efficiently with modules for Financial Reports, Payroll, Inventory, Project Management, Subcontracting, and more. There is plenty of training available both online, by phone, and in person so all questions are answered in a very reasonable time. Comparable products are considerably more expensive and do the same things Jonas does for a far more reasonable price. the value cannot be overstated. Most importantly, Jonas is one of those companies that truly takes an interest in their clientele and it shows.

Cons

The transition process is intensive so time and dedication is required initially, but once it is done things flow very smoothly.

Nick from ASI Tech

We have been using Jonas Enterprise just over 6 years. Not happy with the product. Unfortunately we spent over our budget at the time and have added all the modules they offer over the years. Lots of promises that the software will be improved and the dat

low budget product

Pros

Unfortunately we spent to much money on this product. I honestly can't think of any pros. we went with this product initially because it was a Canadian company and they would have a better handle on the accounting piece. our accountants think the software isa joke.

Cons

- Currently the it runs on a data base that no one uses, out dated. the company does a great job marketing the product but once you start using it, you will come to discover its not that good. Some examples: Job names, contract numbers, part numbers etc , only allow a limited number of characters. some times client PO's or contract numbers are 15-20 characters or more and the field doesn't allow for more than 12. - Many more to list, will probably run out of room. - Support is not good. - document control does not sync well, cannot drag and drop items from document management or emails back and forth - EBI always go down. - design your own forms has many limitations not customizable - project scheduler is not customizable - dispatch scheduler does not sync smoothly with the software - e-mobile is a joke, not customizable - no automatic update functionality for the software. has to been done manually. have to end all service to update and restart server. - maintenance fees are very expensive, not worth it

August 2015

Judy from Miller Information Systems

August 2015

12-year Jonas user

Pros

The bookmark feature where you can have multiple screens open simultaneously is so convenient. Jonas is willing to accept input on new ideas and feedback on current features to keep the product moving forward. Our network administrator thought the Jonas user conferences worthwhile and learned a lot at the seminars and networking sessions with other users.

Cons

MIS processes an extremely high volume of service calls every month. It has been a learning curve using the new Jonas dispatch/scheduler which is vastly different from the previous dispatch board. Customer service reps have been working with us since the upgrade in March. Plus we are working towards implementing Jonas eMobile in September which should go a long way towards streamling our cumbersome data entry processes.

Virg from Haller Mechanical Contractors Inc.

Jonas is awesome, a MUST software if you are in construction.

Pros

The one entry accounting system is the best feature, everything flows from one module to the other, payroll to cost reports, A/P, A/R etc. You basically get excellent reports that you can customize to your companies needs directly from your standard accounting functions.

Cons

One of the few cons would be the mobility between modules and some of the limited selection features when printing, etc.

September 2015

Pamela from Viana Roofing & Sheet Metals

September 2015

A Simple, Highly Customizable, Multi Function Software

Pros

I have used Jonas to process Accounts Receivable,Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory, and Job Cost since 2010. The modules are easy to use and financial reports can be customized for better decision making especially in Job Cost. The Inventory Module helps to track levels to re-order and specific materials used per job. Overall, I think this is a great software for the Construction Industry because Labour Costs, Materials, and Overheads can be easily retrieved in detail.

Cons

In the future, I would like to be able to retrieve scanned vendor & customer documents(WSIB & Certificate of Insurance) through the Vendor & Customer Modules(Contractors & Subs). This will be better for tracking purpose.

Nathaniel from Mason Mechanical

Jonas Software - Old Technology, slow and limited

The usability of this software is its downfall. It is not compatible with other third party software. It is very time consuming to learn and operate. The system is extremely slow and cannot easily generate the simple reports that are available with almost every other accounting software I've used to date.

Pros

The software includes a service dispatching software & accounting platform. There is a digital document management software included (Digio) which is a good concept, but the functionality is not up to par with competing software on the market. There is also an e-mobile platform available for this software. The interface is not difficult to use, but it can be very temperamental.

Cons

The software is extremely slow and the reporting capabilities are a joke. Running a simple stock report will take hours to compile and slow the system down for every user. The stock reports are barely useful. I've heard from other users that if you have a full time SQL expert on staff to create custom reporting directly from the database instead of through Jonas, it is much easier to get the information you need. The software is also incredibly expensive and the support leaves much to be desired.

Andrew from Royal Fence Limited

Jonas Construction Software - Ease of Use and Payroll Simplification

Pros

Jonas Software has made our jobs in Accounting much easier than our past system. Our payroll is very complicated with many different unions and specific parts of payroll burdens going to different union locales - and Jonas has made this very easy to set up. We are constantly finding new and easier ways to simplify daily entries.

Cons

There aren't too many cons - but the major one that has stood out to us is that there are so few characters available to enter AP invoice numbers.

Elizabeth from Alpha & Omega Endeavors Inc

Great software and fantastic people!

Many thanks to Jonas Management Team and Jonas Support Staff for fantastic adventure at work during past 5 years of using Jonas Software!

Pros

Logical, intuitive software to work with and timely, accurate reports Actually able to be creative with Design your own report module.

Cons

I find that Help Docs search is not giving the desired outcome. I like better Video Tutorial Section.

Paolo from LPI Mechanical Inc

Pros

Overall easy to navigate and the layout is easy to follow. Like that you can quote in a work order, use the work order once approved and bill through it. POs are easy to set up and track. Overall great software! Job costing and tracking is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to see something where it will show you only your open work order when you login. Like an open call que, I find the way it is now you have to run a report and we loose track easily of what we opened. You dont see it, you dont know about it type of mentallity. Job invoicing has too many steps, seems like you have to go through so many areas before finazling the invoice.

David from Doran Stewart Oilfield Services

Excellent software with good support at a reasonable price.

Overall we are quite satisfied with the product, the people we have dealt with and Jonas' support.

Pros

Fully featured, integrated accounting package. The Job Costing is detailed and the range of reports is extensive.

Cons

Setup was time consuming and the inability to enter field hours and usage without an internet connection is not good.

April 2015

Amy from Air & Energy, Inc.

April 2015

Extremely happy with Jonas Software.

Pros

I like the Accounting part of this product, being able to drill down and see exactly where the information is coming from as well as being able to see who did what and on what terminal. I also like the reporting capabilities that Jonas offers. I also think that the customer support is outstanding! Thank you Jonas! You have a great team!

Cons

I think that the contracts have been probably the weakest link for me. I would like to see more discussions on the service contracts. It would be nice to have more than one session offered at the conference on Service Contracts. We are still relatively new with this software (April 2013) so I am still learning.

Karima from Marzz Electric Ltd.

Very happy with the software and overall experience with Jonas!!!!!

The software is great!!! Makes my work life a lot easier and I look forward to any upgrades and improvements Jonas has to offer.

Pros

What I like is that you can get the exact reports you want. The software is easy to use and understand. And I like it as it is structured and geared towards the construction business. The ability for Management to view and review daily standings, keep a track of many projects.

Cons

I believe the creation of a report can be a bit challenging, need more custom designs. That's all I have for now, the more I use the software I will see if there are any places where improvements may be needed.

John from Managed Services, Inc.

Jonas Construction

cumbersome and not very user friendly reporting is terrible

Pros

complete set of modules

Cons

reporting and user interface and ease of use

Response from Ashley

Replied February 2017

Hi John, Im really sorry about the pain youve been experiencing. I know that an apology doesnt make up for what you are going through, but we have been trying to get in touch with you but havent been able to reach you. We did notice that you are currently on an older version of Jonas and not utilizing a lot of the modules that Jonas has to offer and believe that this might be the root cause of some of the issues you are experiencing. Our newer versions have a different user interface and are included free of charge with your annual maintenance fee. We do apologize and hope you have some time to connect so we are able to work through this and build a strong successful partnership. Please feel free to call me back at 1(888)789-9073 ex. 2504 and we will schedule a complimentary system review. Well keep trying to get in touch with you if we dont hear back! Ashley Pagliaro, Manager, Account Management, Jonas Construction Software

Janice from Lewis Accounting

Jonas Accounting Software

Awesome

Pros

Multi User, able to handle large Corporation, expandable, great support, strong company with resources available to assist product users.

Cons

Learning curve but well worth an accountants time, excellent support not a lot of negative to say except this sentence is way to long.

Luis from LPI Mechanical Inc

The product has outstanding features tailored to our needs.

Pros

Jonas is one of the most versatile software systems for our type of business in the construction industry.

Cons

There are very little cons that I encountered. There may be other ways to approach the Digio that may facilitate saving emails and documents in to the projects.

Patrice from BAULNE inc.

Integrated system for service & construction

Pros

All in one system; all employees use the same system. Both service and install departments have specific functionalities

Cons

After 6 years using Jonas, I can tell that if you have a recommendation on how to make Jonas better, the management team will listen to you.

Xiaoxia from Stran Technology IT Services

Director of Accounting

Pros

Overall the products are pretty accurate in processing data and generate financial reports, most of data can be downloaded in Excel for us to analyze.

Cons

The system should not allow unbalanced JEs to be posted, in addition, it should make it easy to run reports by Dep. IDs

Robert from Aire Rite

JONAS Enterprise a masterpiece in the Making

Pros

Jonas is a great multi-faceted ERP. It covers all your accounting needs and takes risk in developing innovative solutions to our needs. There is a modern dispatch scheduler that allows you to manage your technicians, eMobile that allows techs to work paperless and provide immediate results. Among a few.

Cons

I have no complaints. I would add though that when deploying new products that more release information should be included with standard procedures.

Chris from LPI

Jonas is a great all in one system

Pros

This software works great to tie all aspects of your business back into one central module. It covers 90% of what you need in day to day business.

Cons

There are a number of small issues or oversights that the support team really does not have answers for, you are basically left to live with these. For example on the job invoice template there is no second comma seperator, there is also no line for subtotal after holdback, we were forced to pay for a custom form design to add what should be a standard feature. The scheduling module is lacking and needs some work.

March 2015

Kathleen from LiDAR Services International Inc.

Comprehensive Program

Pros

This program is easy to navigate and is very user-friendly. We have people with a variety of levels of accounting knowledge that use the program without issue. The ability to adapt the program to various enterprises has made this program a favorite with our Board.

Cons

It is difficult to have a "like least" facet of the program, as I like all aspects. The customer service is great, the program is adaptable to various industries, and has different modules to meet the needs of a growing company.

Robyn from Grant Aggregate

Jonas Review

Pros

Great software for small to medium sized business - good value at this price.

Cons

The inventory control/counter sales module is a bit weak, and this is what we use the most. More options in the report generator would be great. Customization charges can be overly high with regards to changing standard forms (invoices, POs, etc.). There is a DIY program, but it is not very user-friendly.

May 2015

Marie from Harriman Construction, Inc.

May 2015

Looked for Jonas as a solution. Only found problems.

Pros

After investing in this software and using it for six months in the construction industry, hoping it would provide a solution to integrating a full service project management, doc control and accounting system, our general contracting company had no choice but to return to Sage 100 Software. Jonas was horrible.

Cons

Jonas overpromised in their sales, and underdelivered to the point of negligence in both the product and the service. We paid for add on modules that were never installed or followed up on, the training was inadequate, and the support was horrible. Please do yourself a favor, if you are a general contractor looking for a solution as above, and do NOT consider Jonas. It was a very expensive mistake for our company, in terms of the issues that it caused us. I was never so glad to go back to an imperfect program as Sage 100. We cleaned up our files and worked with a consultant, and I am so happy with Sage now after our nightmare experience with Jonas.

Gary from Bockmon & Woody Electric Co., Inc.

Jonas is easy to use and Jonas is spending the money to make it better and stay up with the times.

Pros

That it has good Job Cost reporting features / E-Time Sheets / Direct Deposit / Work Orders that work very well. All modules work well.

Cons

Sometimes support takes a little to long. Some of the modules don't seem like they have been finished.

Paul from Sundex Inc.

Complete ERP Solution

I am a consultant that works with utility contractors and construction companies. I have worked with many different type of companies with a range of different ERPs. This variety has put me in a unique position to comment on Jonas compared to others. Jonas fits the construction business very nicely. With solid fundamentals of an Enterprise ERP (accounting modules) it rounds out the system with powerful modules for construction companies (project management, job costing, job views/reporting, document management, job tracking/profit/expenses, etc.) The beauty of this system is that all the modules are fully integrated just as you would expect. I have been directly involved in implementing the document management system, Digio, and it saved my client thousands of dollars per month. Also, paying bills electronically (EFT) has reduced fraud along with all the postage and labor of sending out cheques. Because Jonas has been around for many years is has best practices built into every process. The downside of its maturity is that some of the old reports are not as pretty as the new ones. Another negative, is the complexity of the report generator. It is very powerful which makes it harder to learn. Probably the most important highlight of the Jonas organization is their support. After the sale you get more attention than before. Technical phone support is outstanding.

Dan from Holaco Installations Limited

Just Make Sence

Pros

Once the setup is complete, the product is very easy to use. I also like the constant updating of the product.

Cons

The interfacing with other products such as Accubid is difficult, as well as the setup is a bit complicated.

Luke from LPI Mechanical Inc.

Best Integrated Software

Pros

- Very robust reporting, and easy to customize reports - Easy to use and easy for new employees to learn - Support is pretty quick at resolving any technical issues - Everything is integrated, accounting, scheduling, project management, time entry in the field - Jonas really understands the industry

Cons

They are always developing and releasing new modules. I'm always excited to see new modules being released. Currently waiting for geofencing to be added to Field Time.

August 2011

Anh from Western Oil Services Ltd.

August 2011

Our company services the commercial and industrial fuel service industry. Our major customer is Shell, and we target other customers such as the local municipal governments and transit authorities. We are also involved in the construction of fuel dispensing systems, vehicle wash systems and hoists. We implemented Jonas about two and a half years ago, and have been very satisfied with its performance. We were using another system at the time, but the functionality of our previous system did not suit our needs for the construction or service side of our business. Jonas offered better functionality through the work order module to better handle our large volume of service calls. It also allowed us to better manage our costs in our construction department with better reporting tools. The implementation went well with some minor hiccups that were resolved quickly by the implementation team. I needed about 4-5 months to get up to speed with the software, from start to the day we began using Jonas exclusively. The training experience was very good, with the trainers arriving in our office for face-to-face training time. The #1 reason that I would recommend Jonas to other users is for its support staff. Jonas's technical support has been exceptional. They are quick to respond - when I was a new user and had to call them almost every day, I felt I was still a valued customer and not someone annoying them all the time.

Katie from Civil Solutions Associates

Jonas significantly helped organize our gym members and payment schedules!

Pros

We use Jonas at our gym to organize our members and contact information. It is very quick and effective. Relatively easy to use once you learn the basics.

Cons

There are multiple routes to accomplish the same tasks, which can be confusing at times. Sometimes we have difficulty making changes to member accounts.

Zhiwei from Rivers Contractor

Good product and good value

Pros

Always looking for integration in construction software, Jonas did well in that, And everything we did with all the modules flow smoothly.

Cons

Tiziana from LPI Mechanical Inc.

Sales

Pros

Easy to review all quotes and confirmed business for accounts. Easy to navigate through, searching for information is somewhat easy.

Cons

Does not have a CRM component, running reports at times difficult to remember how to search the criteria of what report you are trying to create. Some times it takes a few too many clicks and pages too get to the next step. Search button takes a while.