• Pros

• "Love the flexibility of Airtable - It's so much more robust than a regular spreadsheet. The different views are stellar, and love the embeddedable options."

• "This product is colorful and easy to use! I love that it pretty much can be built to your liking. Can also be used via phone or tablet to upload photos."

• "Very easy to use Accessible anywhere as long as you have an internet Blocks/Apps are helpful Neat-looking app"

• Cons

• "When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills."

• "For basic task and project management, this is a great tool – but for more advanced features (or, if you're looking for any type of intuitive automation) it's a bit cumbersome. "

• "- The collaboration is great but could be improved with chat/conversations that operate more like Google Docs comments "

Browse Airtable Reviews

Ibrahim from Amana Enterprises and Zillow

Best Database for a Non-Coder

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable is a database, not just a spreadsheet. It allows me to build more complex programs complete with automations, integrations, & an API. A normal spreadsheet just can't match that.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

I wanted something that had pre-made templates and something that could be shared to anyone on any device.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

I needed something that didn't require someone to have a Microsoft account and that could be on my phone or on my computer or where I was.

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do. I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features. Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Cons

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use) Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

alia from Aai llc

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one. We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from. Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

It has so many views. It’s not too much of a drain on resources to set up. Very affordable.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Asana is great but wasn’t the right fit for us for this use. We still use it for project management just not content. It was easier to have all the visuals and fluid views that airtable did.

Zuhairah from Public Bank

All in one platform

Airtable let us to be more organized in collaborating for a project and tracking or finding any error that we are missing while completing a project. Every project is implement with work time frame, so it will be completed before the due date and not missing the project hand over time.

Pros

We have integrate Airtable in all of our work field in the company, and not much learning curves needed to get all the the user fully familiar and get used to the software. Storing document and resources and marking it for which project or user are using it. Limiting access or giving user credential for certain user making the project organization more effective.

Cons

There are too many feature that we are not using and implementing to our system, but still need to pay for it as it is a part of the subscribing plan. A customized plan with a feature that we can select with a lower yearly plan would attract many user to switch to this software. Overall, it is still one of the best project management in the market.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable has more feature to managing a project and a better messaging platform to communicate with my team quickly.

tracy from Concierge Wealth

My Fav project management tool

Saved me hours worth of searching, re-organizing, finding 3 different places/ways to save things to attack and run a project efficiently. I've even gotten our "most veteran"/least tech saavy person up to speed & she learned it in moment vs. her continuing to struggle with excel.

Pros

Pretty painless learning curve for the free version options. I call it a spreadsheet on steroids as it has similar capabilities but the "one click" different views with different sorting/filtering/grouping saves so much time & allows for folks to view their pieces of the project, or the entire project, however works best for their work/learning style.

Cons

I don't have any cons. If you want more functionality, you can pay for the upgraded version, so you have options if the free version isn't enough for your needs.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

More options for views/sorting & filtering saves for at-a-glance kanban, calendar, "who" or what or groups. Much better for visual-oriented people who better grasp tasks when you can see them in different ways.

Oleksandr from PVD Technology

Zero-code backend for my apps

I heard about this service 2.5 years ago, but I tried it myself only last year. The tool is very simple and at the same time very powerful. It can be used for so many different purposes. My colleagues use it as a project manager. I use it as a data store with handlers for my applications.

Pros

Fast and flexible customization of data objects. The ability to use both through the API, and directly by users through forms. A million integrations. And, most importantly, it is a nocode tool, which has a very low entry threshold.

Cons

To do really complex things, you need to apply something else or be very perverted here with the presentation of data and their manipulations.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Only because of the speed of creating objects to store my data.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Usually I used traditional database for my projects

Joseph from Scooter Joe's LLC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Review of Airtable

Excellent experience. I have technical background, but this is a well designed app. Integration with other apps is fantastic.

Pros

Accessible from anywhere, easy to use, inexpensive, full featured, great integration with other apps and services.

Cons

iOS version in iPad lacking full functionality, inability to copy / paste records, even though web version supports this.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Supported on multiple platforms, well designed, cell based formulas, integration with other apps and services.

Needed more sophisticated database

Olivia from Acton Circle LLC

Possibilities are endless

As a small business owner I am able to scale with team members and house all of my projects, clients, and tasks in one place. And if I have any questions the support team is only an email away; they are so responsive and helpful!!

Pros

I really love Airtable because it's highly customizable and doesn't have a complex interface like many other project management and crm software. It's very easy to get up and running with your team in a matter of days. There isn't a steep learning curve for majority of users.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to control notifications and filter them.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

I trialed SO many products, but couldn't get over the cluttered UIs and features that I didn't need.

Sonja from Kitchfix

Industry: Food Production

Airtable Reviews

It is so easy for our team to see recurring issues our customers are having thanks to Airtable. Since we have implemented Airtable, we have a smoother way of addressing our most common feedback/issues/requests from customers to make sure we are delivering what is best for our customer base!

Pros

This software has changed my work days for the better! It keeps all of the customer feedback/requests/issues we receive organized in a spreadsheet that is easy for the whole team to see.

Cons

I wish there was a way that data could be automatically entered into the sheet. It takes a lot of time entering in all the info manually when inquiries/calls/emails come in.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Organization, easier collection of data and automation to slack so our whole team can see the issues/feedback as they come in.

Ana from Neenan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy collaborative planning tool

Overall I enjoy this tool and the ease of keeping my schedules organized and being able to access from any device live

Pros

Being able to access and add to different team airtables , my own private spreadsheets and task lists, at any time from any device is so helpful in keeping everything organized. While there are other options out there, airtable is easy to use or edit and user friendly for even the least technically savvy team member - and the price is right too.

Cons

I have wanted a gantt view option for several years - I see that it has been added to the pro plan which we are not on. I would like to learn more about this new feature for my next project. I also would like to be able to see all my commitments across projects in a personal view - and be able to see others overlapping team deadlines too.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Cost and ease of use for all team members

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Ease of use on any device

Bryn from Blizzard

A Near-Perfect Collaboration Tool, No Wobble to This Table

Task and project management with a large team of executives, editors, coordinators and supervisors in an 95% Work-From-Home environment.

Pros

The visual element of this software really sets itself apart from others. This was an easy transition coming from an entertainment background where most everything was done on note cards. Here's a brief list of the good: - There are multiple views catering to organizational preferences of whichever user is utilizing the software. - Alerts are set up easily and can be automated to limit the amount personal email communication needed. Meaning that when a cell is altered a member of the team can get an instant notification. - Data management is a breeze, attaching files to the Airtable sheet is as simple as drag and drop and allows for multiple people to edit the same documents. -Labels and color coordination help to add order to projects with lots of moving parts. The bottom line is that this software is near-perfect for a team to work collaboratively on a common goal and limits the amount of needless communication that usually drains a companies productivity.

Cons

Permissions could be a little cleaner when working in a dual authentication paradigm. The learning curve is pretty steep, rightly so, in that this is a very versatile software with lots of bells and whistles and it would behoove the user to watch some of the Airtable produced learning content.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Versatility, ease of intercommunication and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Needed something more versatile.

Sean from The Green Room

Industry: Performing Arts

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL. We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution. It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation. And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve. The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in) Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable. We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc. In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums) We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL. I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it out) My main complaint - and a complaint of MANY airtable users on the forums - is that the "public view" has both a non-removable branding logo on the bottom of the embed (even in the highest paid tiers) and it ALSO has a non-removable "View larger version" link at the bottom of the embed. If you click the "View larger version" link... it opens up a new browser window and exposes the URL of the public view of the table. So if your content is SUPPOSED to be behind a paywall for your customers... they can now see the URL, copy it, bookmark it, cancel their subscription, and still have access to all of your content. Or they can share that URL with anyone else they want! Airtable has been asked to remove these from the embed window for years. Personally I don't care at all that the logo is there. But we REALLY need to remove the "View larger version" link. We would go with the 3rd party miniExtensions - their portals look GREAT - but unfortunately our platform at Mighty Networks does not accept their iframe embeds. (but it DOES work with airttable iframes!)

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

None of the above gave our clients a searchable index with the ability to TAG files. Airtable wound up being a way to index those files in a spreadsheet and provide links to the files.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

We needed the ability to give our clients a SEARCHABLE index of our files

Mayank from ShivNarayan Animation Studio

Industry: Animation

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable was a better match to our specific needs in terms of project management.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable's features met our company specific project management needs better then Bynder.

Lindsey from Inspirage

Professional Services Company use Airtable for "Smarketing" (Smart Marketing)

Our Marketing Team decided to move our overall planning from Excel to Airtable in early 2020. Our main issue with Excel was that it made collaboration difficult and clumsy. We wanted a solution that provided an easy way for our team to plan both our Marketing Calendar as a whole and individual events. Airtable has streamlined both. For our overall Marketing Calendar, Airtable has provided a solution that shows us all our upcoming events, projects, publications, etc. in an easy to visualize calendar. Our team members can add and move events as they are added and expand the records to include more detailed information. We can easily see what each team member is working on and when their projects are due. For our events, Airtable created a single source of truth for speakers, attendees, parties, etc. The ability to store documents such as contracts, PowerPoint documents, etc. within Airtable means that no one is searching their email for related documents. Airtable has saved us both time and effort and made collaboration a breeze.

Pros

Airtable has made our Marketing planning efforts smarter. We love how easy it is to collaborate using this software. Each member of our team is able to easily add, update and expand on events and content they are working and everyone has a view of the team's goals as a whole. We also love now expanding and linking records gives us the ability to dive deeper into any one event / piece of content and learn more about the status. Finally, we love how easy it is to report on our activities from a bird's eye view or on a deeper level by exporting any of our tables and sharing with our executive team.

Cons

The only con of this software is that we had a bit of learning curve when we got started. We had a few customizations on our old Excel model that we lacked, but we've since been able to get all our functionality back and more. We also struggled a bit with linking records and getting our tables to sort in a way that made the most since for us. Again, we've since solved all these issues and don't miss our old Excel model at all!

Completely indispensable for us!

Despite it's cost and some features we'd still like to see, Airtable is an absolute no-brainer for us. We can track our constituents and their engagement so much more easily than with Excel or a random CRM that doesn't really match our needs. I also have moved most of my content planning, resource banking, quote caching, and attendance taking to Airtable. It's honestly SO multifunctional!

Pros

First: It's a database that is actually aesthetically attractive. AND it's easier to use and manipulate than Excel. AND you can custom build what you need, rather than finagling a pre-built CRM for your specific needs. Also all of the different visual ways of looking at the data/records are key.

Cons

There are some features that are still lacking. Like the ability to read what's in a cell and do something with that information. It's also quite expensive, especially for a non-profit like us.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Raiser's Edge didn't really match our needs for very detailed and specific data collection. It also wouldn't have been as easy to onboard all of our staff, as queries and reports are a bit more difficult and less intuitive to run than simply sorting on Airtable or filtering.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

So much easier to manipulate and search for constituents and records. The sortability, filterability, beautiful views, etc.

LOVE Airtable! Use it for all my businesses

Amazing! Even their customer service is top notch.

Pros

I LOVE Airtable! I use it for all of my businesses (4) and it has become a vital piece of software for running each business. 1. I love how you can build entire databases that are easy to use and navigate. I don't have to teach my teach some complicated software, they get it right away. 2. Its so easy to use and create complicated tables quickly. 3. It works perfectly over every device.

Cons

1. I do wish the form feature worked on mobile 2. I wish the bases could talk to each other

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Smartsheets was just too confusing and I didnt like the look of it. Airatble just looks better, is laid out better, and has better functionality and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable is better in every single way

Tyler from OC

Industry: Philanthropy

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed like the entrance to learning was a lot easier, and it was generic enough where we could make it exactly what we wanted it to be. Also, our devs team was very familiar with the Airtable API, which is well documented and makes it easy to integrate with our third party products.

Shawn from Brady James Design

Industry: Photography

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Other products were too complicated to set up and use effectively, So I did not use them. AirTable is really in a class of its own as far as I can tell.

Main tool

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros

Easy start. Speedy app. Flexible uses. Customizable. Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use. Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources. Constantly evolving. Strong learning resources available.

Cons

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Ease of use.

Udayan from Razorpay

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

Pros

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most: 1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs. 2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable. 3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Cons

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more. One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Flexibility and better cross team collaboration. (Also Asana's free version is a joke.)

Theresa from Direct Marketing Group

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed like the more affordable choice.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

We came across Airtable and saw that it was much better than what we were currently utilizing.

Steve from Focus on the Family

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We love the wide-spread support and integrations for Airtable. That made moving to it quite simple and we thought it would be much easier than any other competing product.

So close to perfect!

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events. I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet. The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Cons

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Excel is often slow on my work computer or won't display properly. I was also looking for a way to store attachments/files within my sheet, sort more efficiently, and share online more easily with coworkers. Airtable met all those needs.

Jonathan from Production Glue

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Pros

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.

Delia from Wikihospitals

Why I use Airtable to store my data

I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Pros

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Cost, ease of use, flexibility, attractive front end, speed.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Stress levels. Other proprietary database platforms still required a developer to set the base up. They are all $40 USA a month or more. For that, they are still clunky. I had difficulty seeing all my data at once, and making quick decisions about it. Airtable is easy to use, fast to set up and affordable.

Patricia from OneHope

Game changer

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Ing Siang from Ministry of Defence of Brunei

Early User and a Returning Addict

Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses. Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking. I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face. Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Pros

Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better. I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.). Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable. Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from. Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Cons

Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

Devlyn from ODD BODKIN RENAISSANCE SHOP

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features. I'm currently using it for: -production queue -development outlines and goal setting - inventory tracking linked with vendor management - galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook - managing home chores and tasks - keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Pros

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features. It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook. The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include. You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Cons

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level. One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Brett from Wonderist Agency - Dental Marketing

Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs

As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either. Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

Pros

As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

Cons

For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

Miguel from MiAGon LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative. As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Pros

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet. For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template. Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need. It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database. Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Cons

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features. Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

fantastic solution for information-oriented project management

Pros

* lends itself well to building information tracking resources * simple data-driven layout * scalable project areas my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

Cons

* pricing model * learning curve * communication management * lack of certain standard features there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far. first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily. if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance. there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier. one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information. for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Pros

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer. The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Cons

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column. I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Mathias from Center for Undervisning og Læring

Helped us understand complex projects

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that. When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation. It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable. With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pros

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc. Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it. We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes. An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Cons

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

Jamie from Creative Arts Center at West Virginia University

Industry: Facilities Services

Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically

Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

Pros

We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day. For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time. As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it. Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Cons

Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

Nick from Practical Farmers of Iowa

Airtable for Non-Profit Management

With Airtable, our non-profit staff of ~25 employees went from chatting server locations of files over GChat to having a central location for event planning; communications and outreach planning and tracking; managing ~50 grants with thousands of individual deliverables per year; and coordinating a participatory research network. With Airtable, you can build a database or project management system without any prior database management or programming experience. You are, of course, limited by your own ability to design a system that works.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to customize a complex database/project management system without having to know any programming. It's familiar to users, because it looks kind of like Sheets or Excel, but the built in functionality makes it easier to use. We really like the chat on individual records, so when we have a conversation, we know exactly what it's about. We also like the ability to dynamically link records and therefore integrate all sorts of event planning and data management.

Cons

We'd like to see an ability to manage user access on a more granular level. We'd also like the ability to link bases.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable offered more flexibility with how we could customize and set up the environment.

An amazing platform that seems to have forgotten about some of the basics.

Airtable is about 90% perfect. My experience has been mostly positive and I would definitely recommend the platform to a friend. I just wish a few features would be built out to completion.

Pros

Airtable is a solid platform in most aspects. The UI makes sense, there aren't too many bugs, and the features, for the most part, are extensive. It's very agile, so I'd imagine most industries could use it. I personally use it as a glorified spreadsheet for information that is extremely easy to share with others.

Cons

The desktop client needs a ton of optimization. The PC I'm using is decked out and Airtable struggles and is very choppy when scrolling through spreadsheets when there are more than a few columns. This gets worse if you have attachments in the cells. The page designer app could use some love. It's usability is inhibited by the lack of design features. There is no way to upload your own icon for the bases. The form view could use some more love. It's very limited with what you can do with it. Also the 50,000 row limit is really low when you consider the length of time you want to use a base for. The row limit makes me reluctant to use Airtable for some of the things it should be used for. The best example I can think of is if you want to keep a nice record of marketplace / ecommerce orders. If you sell 2,500 items a month, you'll reach the limit in less than 2 years. If you want to track order progress with each step having its own row, obviously it would fill up a ton quicker. If the limit was bumped up to 500,000, I would be much more comfortable with spending more time in airtable. Also the billing is extremely confusing.

Quick and Light Collaboration Tool

I personally really like the design and interface, since I have a fair amount of familiarity with CRM and PMS. It's a good collaboration platform that I made use for with my personal team in my department and allowed us to collaborate with clients as well, without exposing them to some of our more personal project management systems.

Pros

I think it's pretty light and responsive. The UI is definitely a lot more intuitive than most software and platform that I use. The project tracker really reminds me of a JIRA board, and with my team having that kind of a background, it's really been easy to integrate them. But otherwise, it really reminds me also of a spreadsheet platform, just online. I also have to trial every software before I use it, and it's nice to have a free trial that I can sign up for without really needing to speak to a sales associate.

Cons

I think the user permission (such as editing access) is not as well defined as it could be. Also, this seems to be an issue once you get more accustomed to Airtable, is that someone may want to move an airtable but ends up having to just copy the entire thing and perform a bit more manual copy-paste-delete actions.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

It was easier and faster for my department to get a free trial. It seems like their sales/customer team answered just a tad bit faster.

Alexandros from Prometheus Eco Racing NTUA Team

Excel on Steroids with using Databases

Overall, Airtable helped us to better organize our work and even gave us the opportunity to hold information in a way that was not possible before helping, not only us, but new members in the team coming after us as well.

Pros

Being able to link data from different tables was bliss for use in organizing the Fund Raising for our team. Each company was associated with their employees, and also with our team member responsible for communicating with them. Also, every person was connected to their contact info in different tables and we kept track of every interaction, etc. Being able to link this kind of data allowed us to represent complicated data that we were not able to do with Excel. In addition, we used Airable for task management for the same reasons. It basically has endless possibilities.

Cons

I found out that after setting up all of the tables and the columns with info and fields to fill, it was quite difficult for lots of my colleagues to keep up with it and it took them quite a while to get used to the way things were working with Airtable. Also, the mobile app needs quite some work to meet the functionality of the web application

Damian from Westlynn Baptist Church

Fully customizable database

We use it to manage almost every single area of our weekly running. Leaders update their group's attendance online, people submit their details and photo online and as mentioned above we use it from COVID-19 health checks and contact tracing.

Pros

When the pandemic hit, within a few weeks, we had a custom-made solution which allowed members to do the health check from home and sign in and out of venues all using a QR code or weblink. We now have a COVID protocol with contact tracing and have been infection free for 5 months thanks to our AirTable App which does health checks from home and contact tracing also.

Cons

As a charity with many volunteers, if we used the paid version, it would be very expensive. We are using the free tier at the moment but will need to upgrade soon.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

It is customizable the the use of controlled vocabulary and ease of linking different tables within bases is really great as we didn't have to teach volunteers how to use it - we just did some online tutorials and we already have 80% adoption rate which is not bad considering some have just gone online during this pandemic!

The best tool for detail-oriented people!

I love being able to use Airtable for my content calendar and other project planning on a regular basis. If I didn't have Airtable, I feel like I'd be stuck using Excel and I'd be frustrated with the lack of organization. It's the perfect tool for my job, and for all people who need to focus on the details in the planning and project management process!

Pros

I was trying to accomplish something Microsoft Excel just didn't do. Enter Airtable, where all my problems were solved! Airtable helps you organize information in layers, with different options for sorting. You can view information in a calendar view or in an organized table with different filters. I find Airtable a really great software for a variety of things: content or social media calendars, campaign or event planning, project management, personal to-do lists, etc. I have only ever used Airtable as a personal tool or in small groups, but I know that it's a good tool for team collaboration as well. With all the layers, filters and color-coding options, it's a perfect tool to stay hyper-organized and track where everything is.

Cons

Airtable is not a software you can hop in and start using quickly. I needed to really play with all the features and figure out what everything did before I made any progress on making this system work for me. You really need to explore and use Airtable's learning features to get a handle on how to make it work best for you. I would have never known all that Airtable could do if I didn't take the time to learn! But once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to keep my stuff organized and use it for everything I needed to.

David from Solanimus Inc.

Industry: Computer Games

Honestly, the cure for the common spreadsheet

I didn't like Google Sheets,and I didn't like sharing Excel or .csv files all the time through Dropbox, Slack or email. Airtable is gloriously pleasant to use. After using for several years, no bug has ever intruded on me when using Airtable, which makes a very small list of products I've ever used on a regular basis. I don't use other Software as a Service tools anymore for CRMs, email lists, or really data tracking of any kind. Everything like this can be done in Airtable in a way that is flexible and fully understood and clear. My most common recommendation is for people to just start by using Airtable for free simply for a shared grocery list, then go from there.

Pros

Airtable doesn't even require a tutorial, pricing is easy, the forms are far easier to distribute and embed than other similar tools, and their integration with really every kind of data I use is seamless. Also Airtable's Blocks blow my mind.

Cons

I feel like their pricing page could be a bit more immediately intuitive and simplified, though that's seriously nitpicking because it's better than most pricing pages. Also, the Universe functionality isn't as widespread across different fields as it might seem at first, if people are only looking to use templates from other people.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Google's account login systems broke too much and Google Sheets was too cumbersome to use compared to what I thought was possible. Then, I found Airtable.

Evan from Marquette Transportation

A Database in the Cloud!

I have used Airtable since beta, and overall been very happy with the product.

Pros

I love the ability to link records in tables to create a customized view/form that allows for easy data entry.

Cons

Doesn't work Offline :( this is the #1 issue with the software, but in order to do what it needs to (collaborate and sync) always on connectivity makes sense

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

the ability to create custom forms and views.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

the ability to view from smartphone and make changes really helps!

Caleb from Visuals by Impulse

Industry: Graphic Design

Airtable is the backbone of our team!

At Visuals by Impulse, Airtable has allowed us to consolidate our technology stack into fewer tools by leveraging the power of blocks. It’s the one tool we don’t want to live without!

Pros

We love using the blocks, color filters, the variety of custom views and last but not least, all of the applications that you can integrate to make your data work for you.

Cons

The only thing we dislike, is how the workspace permissions are setup. It’d be nice to choose which users need “blocks” and which users do not, within the same workspace.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable’s Kanban board is rich with features and we found far more use cases by making the switch.

Sydney from Intero Advisory

Highly Recommend

We've implemented Airtable as a CRM for lead generation and tracking communication with new propsects for each of our clients. We are also using it internally as a CRM to track our clients, we have a base for managing our podcast production, our weekly blogs, and each of our contractors have their own base to track the progress of their work.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how clean and uncluttered it looks. It makes sorting, filtering, grouping so easy and easy to read. It also it so easy to track metrics - no need for formulas anymore.

Cons

I wish it could hide rows otherwise there is nothing I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Airtable seemed to fit our needs best. We've created over 30+ bases internally and for our clients. I love having the templates as ideas in how to customize our bases.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

We needed something we could easily sort, filter and group for our clients that looked clean and was user-friendly. A lot of our clients are not super tech-savvy and they are able to understand how to use Airtable and come to love using it.

Jennifer from Lexli International

Great for organizing and collaborating

All of our team members work in different locations, so we needed a cloud solution for communicating and organizing our projects and duties. Airtable has been a great solution for tracking and organizing projects across all of our locations.

Pros

It's like a spreadsheet on steroids. You can create fields with checkboxes, dates or dropdowns as you need to really create what you want from the program.

Cons

Some of the cool benefits are only available at a price level that is too high for our current budget.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

We also use the free version of Trello for some projects.

The price tag.

Russel from Institute of American Indian Arts

Airtable in Higher Education

Airtable has proven to be a very reliable tool. It's been easy to learn and customize. It's also been easy to teach others at our institution how to work with Airtable as a collaborative tool, or for their own projects. Airtable has become a necessity in our operations. We use it to track all sorts of data and activities. For example, we use it for an end-user trouble-report form that sends notifications to Slack. It's proven great for us to track inventories, log events, and monitor basic projects.

Pros

Airtable is incredibly versatile and easy-to-use. It offers the advantages of a relational database, without the need for coding and consultants. Multiple custom views of data (with flexible filters and sorts) add to Airtable's flexibility to meet a variety of needs. Sharing of views is easy, making Airtable the perfect tool for all sorts of collaborative activities. Our cloud-based data seamlessly updates to all sorts of devices. Integration with services such as Slack is also seamless.

Cons

A few pro-level features are very useful, but quite expensive to implement on a team level. Blocks features haven't proven to be as robust as we'd like to see. The simple pro-level upgrade to the online form feature (adding images and completion link), is very useful. But the costs per user/per year add up fast.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Ease of use, much lower cost, and ease of customization.

Matt from Partners for the Chesapeake

Airtable is like a spreadsheet on steroroids

Pros

Airtable....where have you been all my life! I've worked in the non-profit field for the better part of 15 years. Mostly for small organizations with tight budgets. We are constantly looking for ways to manage information for grants, donors, program data, you name it. With limited staff and budgets, we're pretty much relegated to Google Sheets or Excell. CRM's like Salesforce and DonorPerfect are nice, but complicated and expensive for a small organization. Then came Airtable.... Airtable is incredibly simple to set up. In two evenings of work, I set up a base that will manage a project involving 8 different NGO's operating in 5 geographic regions to engage over 500 community groups. I shared the base with our team and they were able to pick up how to use it in about a week. We've been using Airtable now for about 6 months and people LOVE it. The way it allows you to filter and view data is simply amazing and a game changer. I couldn't even begin to calculate how much easier my and our teams' lives are using this tool for our project. What's great, is the other NGO's involved are starting to adopt Airtable for other work within their own organization. I HIGHLY recommend this product. The future of spreadsheets is here, and it's name is Airtable!

Cons

Honestly, there is not much I don't like about this product. The one flag I do have is that when it comes to budgets, Excel and Google sheets probably do have Airtable beat. Other than that, my experience has been nothing but positive thus far.

Tim from Houk & Associates, Inc

Industry: Wholesale

Airtable--a simple to use solution for keeping track of your dats.

I keep track of tons of things for my business on Airtable: Orders log (with order profitability for each order), purchase order # generator and log, Parts Inventory and re-order, tax documents (uploaded0 and a lot more. I come up with new uses every once in a while. Airtable is a reasonably priced swiss-army knife for my business information.

Pros

-It is super easy to set up. It looks like a spreadsheet--and you can use it that way, but its much more powerful (and simple for some things) -It shares data very well for my small group. I can actually see someone typing in characters when they are making changes to a *base* that I'm using. -Data can be displayed in many ways: Grid, Form, Calendar, Kanban, Gant. -Data can be manipulated, sorted and filtered in almost any way. You can save your "views". This is far easier to do here than in Excel. -I often import huge spreadsheets to sort, filter and separate data to make more understandable reports.

Cons

There are a couple of improvement that would make sense: -When you add a new record in a base the sheet does not autorefresh and sort. You have to manually go to the menu and sort to get everything in the right order. -The formatting for printing grid reports could be improved. They look great on the screen, but not quite as nice on paper. (maybe I missed some trick)

AirTable is a great tool to streamline operations

AirTable has been a great tool for our business, allowing different departments to improve their processes and save development resources.

Pros

AirTable is very easy to learn and provides significant low-code functionality that can streamline operations and create efficiencies across all departments. AirTable is also a great way to analyze, visualize and mobilize data, with the ability to integrate to other systems. The Blocks feature add lots of use cases, and allowed us to utilize AirTable in all departments, and even to program our products.

Cons

There are data restrictions on AirTable, and any of their "tables" can only hold 100,000 records at most. This presented some challenges for us since we had materially more records that needed tracking and mobilization. Also, it's not cheap.

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

AirTable at the time was the right fit, and was quick to respond to us; also the UI was very friendly and helpful.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,122 reviews