(1,268)

1,268

• Pros

• "very easy to use and great templates. I was so proud of my website and could not have done it without square space. it was very easy to use."

• "Super easy to use and customize. Great integration for ECOM. The templates are clean and not easy to clutter. "

• "Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!"

• Cons

• "It works very well but it lacks translation support and if you need to customize it's components, you'll need some developer to do so."

• "I do wish there was even more customization, though they keep adding new features every year. Figuring out how to custom code in special features can be tricky."

• "The only con I would say is not being able to customize a template more but other than that I love SS."

Browse Squarespace Reviews

Showing -49 - 0 of 1942 results

Jane from Ryder Author Resources

Industry: Publishing

Great design, great features, great support

I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Pros

The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

They have the most customizable templates while still being easy to use, I preferred their aesthetic, and quickly found their customer service better than most other website builders I've tried.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Our original site was Weebly based, but I didn't care for the interface or the design. It felt very cookie-cutter to me, and I was looking for something more artistic.

Anne from Atelier Studio

Easy and Elegant

I love SquareSpace. I would really need to be wowed to switch to another company. This has everything I want (not just need) to create a great first impression

Pros

I love how simple it is to create the aesthetic I want to share with the public. The customer support team was so helpful whenever I met a snag in implementation. That hardly ever happened though, because it is so straightforward to create my own website with gorgeous content thanks to SquareSpace and their templates

Cons

There have been a few times where links have broken on my website and it has been challenging to get them reinstated.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

SquareSpace has amazing customer support and everything I need to run my business.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

After being told that Vista print had all of the marketing materials across the platform for me to do business, I learned that they don’t support certain fonts across the entire platform. The customer support was rude and terrible. One more reason why I love SquareSpace

Andrea from Fresh Content

SquareSpace is a let-down. It's hard to use and is missing basic features. The marketing fooled me!

Overall, I hated using SquareSpace and I was so disappointed because I switched away from WordPress + Divi to give SquareSpace a whirl based on SquareSpace's amazing marketing. What a let down. I will never use SquareSpace again. My client wanted both of his sites designed in SquareSpace because he was also duped by the ads. I made one site and it took forever because I was constantly googling how to do something with code to get the site how we wanted it. If you use SquareSpace be prepared to be frustrated or to hire a developer. Basic functionality is missing and you can't copy anything you've done to use elsewhere. I wanted to duplicate the first site and modify it for the second. You can't do that. I had to make both sites from scratch. Support was absolutely terrible. Zero help compared to the awesome Divi support staff that has made my designing life so great for so many years (I'm not an affiliate, just a fan). Oh! And SquareSpace is expensive! You have to pay for each and every site. With WordPress, you pay for hosting somewhere, like Siteground, and you can add as many sites to that account as you like no charge. Squarespace has pretty templates that you can't modify pretty much at all, and it's expensive with terrible support. Do not choose SquareSpace as your CMS unless you are a developer. Awful.

Pros

SquareSpace has beautiful templates. They are truly gorgeous. SquareSpace also has an easy-to-use sidebar of options that puts everything that you can do on the left side. The interface is as clean as the templates. Hosting of your site is done through Squarespace. That's it when it comes to pros. There are a ton of Cons to using SquareSpace.

Cons

As a WordPress user (who has also designed with Wix), SquareSpace falls short almost everywhere. You can't import your brand font—essential. You have to use code or a back-door solution with AdobeFonts. If you want 5 items in a row, no can do. You get 4 or 6. You can't drag the amount of padding around items and sections. You must use spacer blocks (time consuming and such a bad way to do things). There's no media storage! If you upload your photo it isn't stored anywhere for easy selection later. You must upload the same image multiple times whenever you need it—frustrating. Changes can't be made on individual copy styles. Squarespace sets up its CMS as a global system so if you want to change the way your font looks in just one place, you need to insert code (markdown block). You should be able to select it and change the size or colour. But no. It's CRAZY! So time-consuming. Missing basic word-processing functionality. Squarespace has no plugin options. You can't duplicate a page of your site and you can't duplicate your site! Everything is done from scratch! In WordPress, you download a .JSON file and upload it somewhere else and you're flying. Not with SquareSpace. You can't make your overlays look different per section. Everything applies globally. You can't add borders to images. The biggest CON? There's no undo! No revision history. If you delete something accidentally, it's gone forever. Support is terrible. Every answer is "you can't do that" or "try to find code.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Because my client wanted me to design using this CMS and before I used it I was curious (even excited) to give this terrible CMS a try. What a bad experience! If you are not tech-savvy, choose Wix. If you are tech savvy, choose WordPress with the amazing Divi theme by Elegant Themes. You will be sorry you chose SquareSpace immediately.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Marketing. I was fooled. If the Cons section allowed, I had a laundry list of things you can't do with SquareSpace. Unfortunately, the Cons section had a max size, so I could only communicate a fraction of the things you can't do with SquareSpace.

Bridget from Home Advantage Painting & Maintenance

You get what you pay for

After trying multiple free website building options, I finally relented and tried out the demo version on Squarespace to see what the learning curve would be like, and if it would be worthwhile ot go the paid route for a website. The answer was a resounding yes, and I've subsequently built 3 more sites with them since our first one. I tell every new business owner starting out, check out squarespace, save yourself the headace of the free platforms that limit creativity, and watch your business grow by the day.

Pros

Ease of use Easing learning curve layout options customizations options sleek templates quick onboarding

Cons

Towards the beginning of my experience with Squarespace, I needed some customer sesrvice and the process to find where I could go for help was not easy. This was back in 2017 however, so I'm not sure if that process has improved since then (I'd like to think so!)

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Because after the demo phase where you can edit a template and build your website, my site was perfect and ready to roll out. Easiest business decision we've ever made.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Because wix was limited in options, impossible to get customer service help with, and the learning curve was painful.

Konisha from The Hair Vixens LLC.

Industry: Cosmetics

Squarespace Review

Overall I love Squarespace. My site runs smoothly I have not had any complaints from customers of card sales not going through of the site not working properly. I do use this app on a daily bases updating inventory, changing images and checking analytics for my social post to see the increase of traffic.

Pros

What I like most about Squarespace software is that it is very user friendly. It has up to date functions and accessibility for you to use other apps in combination with this app. I also like that there is a scheduling feature to take appointments. As a Cosmetologist this was very important to me as a buyer.

Cons

A feature that I like the least would be the shipping page on the features within the website. I feel that it could be more simplified or more automated to link with shipping rates based on the weight and measurements of the product. I figured it out eventually but honestly that part of setting up my site was a headache.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I switched from being with Wix for years because my customers where having trouble with their cards processing and it was losing my business money. I tried technical support and no one could fix the issue so I made the swicth to Squarespace.

Kelly from Self Employed

Online Shop and Portfolio

Very good. I would recommend it to others looking to build a website.

Pros

I use this as a host for my website and for an online illustration portfolio and shop. It is a little pricey all upfront, but if I break down the business plan per month, its $18 a month, which I make back in my store, so I always break even/make money. I like that there are templates that you dont have to know any coding for and they are pretty intuative. Same with the store. I've used this for atleast 5 years now and don't plan to change.

Cons

I've been waiting for them to take away the need to enter a physical address when people buy a free digital download from my store, and I contacted customer service and they were kinda dumb and didn't really help me with my issue, but that's been the only issue I've had in years.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Wordpress was a ton of work to get up and running, and it was hard to make anything look good. I like squarespace's templates a lot.

Maya Jade from Harvard Kennedy School

Industry: Public Policy

Squarespace is my "personal website" platform of choice

Pros

I'm from the old school, where websites were created from scratch using Dreamweaver, and I also built a custom (but poorly designed) site on Angelfire that I still have today. Once Wordpress came along, things started to move in the direction of putting the control in editors' hands, so that knowledge of CSS and HTML were no longer necessary to get your content out there. Today, I daresay that Wordpress has too much of a learning curve, and that Squarespace is taking the lead in "ease of use," as well as the most visually appealing back-end experience for the admin/editor. It's also super easy to set up and very affordable.

Cons

I built two completely different websites using Squarespace (one for personal use and one for someone else's business), and I did not encounter any cons.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I switched my own site from Wordpress to Squarespace because Wordpress was harder to use, I was tired of updating modules and trying to figure out how to get the analytics to work the way I wanted them to, and it was easier to start fresh on the newer platform.

Ethan from Owlchemist

Got me started with certain industries but was never a preferred means

I have used this platform to sell and promote a festival that I assisted in curating. I do branding and artistic direction and squarespace made it quite easy to inject my own images in a manner that made a beautiful website while retaining thousands of dollars worth of sales yearly.

Pros

Popular platform with ease of use so high it makes it quite simple for people to manage a website in general and has assisted many in the build process of websites that have served me and my colleagues for years at a time. Simplistic building features with a solid framework allows for clean construction and sleek looks in a manner that allows those that do not know extensive amounts of code to design.

Cons

Not as many features or plugin support as Wordpress and is not open source. Templates in some respect are generic and design elements may be bland in some respects if not customized appropriately

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Used simultaneously with another production company and preferred squarespace to a certain degree.

Eli from Marathon Strategies

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Website development made easy

When needing to get landing pages that look professional up quickly, Squarespace is a great option.

Pros

Easily and quickly launch customizable website that had all of the capabilities I needed for simple landing page, as well as more sophisticated embedded tools.

Cons

Sometimes the squares can be difficult to move around and can change the entire look and layout of the landing page if accidentally moved in the wrong way.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

More features and functionality that made it more professional looking.

Anne from California CASA

Best Platform for Website Production

I have used it to build a website from scratch for a small personal business, but also for a larger nonprofit organization that converted an aging existing website to a new one using the Squarespace platform. In both cases, I have been impressed with how elegantly everything works and how user-friendly it is.

Pros

Squarespace is a well-designed, elegant solution to building a website when you are not a techie! Their options for designs are generally clean and artistic, and the back-end tools are very useful.

Cons

Some aspects are a little complicated, like connecting the website to a Facebook page or Twitter account.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

We needed to modernize our nonprofit's website, make it more secure, and improve the look. All those things were accomplished.

When minimalism was a luxury

I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Pros

Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Cons

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.

April from April Hale Jewelry

Industry: Fine Art

Great for Artist E-Commerce

Without Squarespace, this pandemic would have had a much bigger impact on my business than it already has had. I am grateful that I have an attractive, easy to use website, especially now when more and more of my customers are buying online instead of in person. Squarespace allowed me to create my own very professional looking web presence without requiring that I have a degree in software engineering or computer programming to do so.

Pros

I've been using Squarespace for many years now, after trying at least three other website hosting platforms, and Squarespace is by far the best, most versatile, and modern one. It was difficult to find a platform that caters to artists who are also businesspeople...Artist-oriented websites didn't work well for e-commerce, and e-commerce websites didn't work well for art. With multiple pricing options, the platform is perfect for my small, handmade jewelry business. With myriad website "themes" you can customize your website to really tell your story and present unique, one-of-a-kind products. They have an app so that I can easily edit inventory from my phone. Squarespace is easy to use and has all the options that I need for running a business.

Cons

Sometimes the product photos do not show up in the right order, instead of displaying in the order that I arrange, they display in the order in which they were uploaded. Also, I have been using Squarespace for so long that I use an old template, but from what I can tell, I can't transfer my products and images into a new template. I would have to start all over with creating products, pages, and adding photos.

Whitney from Immanuel Lutheran School

Easy to Use, High Quality In-House Website Design

We researched and previewed a number of website development platforms before selecting Squarespace, and we've been very happy with our choice. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn how to customize and brand our pages. It is a great, cost-effective option that we recommend to other schools looking for a tool to manage their website in-house.

Pros

Squarespace is a very user-friendly and cost-effective product that allows us to create, maintain and adapt our school website in-house. Clean, professional templates are easily customizable and provide us the functionality we need to maintain an active web presence. The phone app also provides a good amount of flexibility to make quick edits and adjustments to our site on the go. The ability to create forms that can be directly linked into Google Drives has been one notable positive for us. It gives us the option to quickly customize and create forms that can then be shared and track responses for us. The website analytics function is very helpful in providing us with real-time insights and date on web traffic and usage.

Cons

There are some natural limitations to the ability to customize pages that will come with any basic website development platform. For example, in order to upload video, it must already be hosted on another platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Squarespace had the templates that best suited our school's needs for the right price. We also felt it had the right balance of options for customization, along with being user -friendly and easy to manage and update.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Our old platform was very limited in its functionality with very limited templates and options to customize the look and feel of pages. The product had a very dated feel, and Squarespace provided us the ability to update and modernize our pages.

Extremely easy to use but expensive

Pros

1) We can easily select the fonts and colors of the site from the side menu so that when you select the h1 or h2 it directly applies that heading structure and design. 2) Very clean. By this I meant to say that every option is properly differentiated and well defined. 3) The easy integration of the site with Google Drive creating a google sheet is very much appreciated. 4) The website is by default responsive and that is really helpful when you are just starting out building a website. 5) I have never ran into a problem where I need to get contacted with the customer care as the options on the site are pretty much self explanatory. 6) There are no pop ups or any things that distracts you while creating the website. 7) I have started learning the website building when there was some offer to use the premium feature for 15 days. I thought that after 15 days I will leave the site and will check out another website building services but I stuck to this site after that as the ease of use is too good and the features are easy to understand. 8) There are no hidden charges unless you yourself purchase any add on premium services and everything goes smooth.

Cons

1) There is not smart alignment feature in this website building engine. 2) The price of the basic website is too much in comparison of the other website building engines. 3) Here one needs to have the structure ready before hand designing the website as it goes step by step as changing the site fonts and color will be challenging if not decided earlier. 4) The premium email with the G-Suite feature is too expensive then other service providers. Also the advanced analytics are not provided in the personal plan.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I started building the site using this website building service. From that moment I have explored many engines but this is by far the smoothest of all in terms of deployment and ease of use.

Alyssa from Luminescent Dreams

Squarespace is my favorite web design platform as a boutique web designer

I love Squarespace. I've been using it for over 3 years and have been able to quickly produce several websites with it. I'm a little disappointed by how much Squarespace is limited on design, but the tradeoff is worth it with how easy their platform integrates e-commerce, email marketing, scheduling, and inventory management all-in-one.

Pros

Squarespace is clean, sophisticated, modern, easy to use, and has built-in features such as domain purchasing, email marketing, scheduling, and e-commerce that make it easy to run a business. With Squarespace, I can trust that my clients will be able to manage their website 100% by themselves once I finish designing it for them. With other platforms (like Wordpress), I cannot guarantee the same. I also like how transparent Squarespace's pricing and plans are. It's so easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. In Squarespace, I can design a high-quality website extremely fast and share the draft with my clients easily.

Cons

Squarespace is the least flexible of all the web design platforms that I work with in terms of design customization. There are a lot of different types of widgets and ways to display content that simply aren't available on Squarespace because the platform limits what you can change in the design (probably to prevent websites from turning out bad). I've also noticed that Squarespace websites typically load slower than some of the websites I've built on other platforms like Webflow and Duda.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I can guarantee that all of my clients will be able to manage their website on their own, without any previous of website design knowledge or skills. Squarespace also has some of the best support articles and tutorials, so it saves me time answering customer questions.

Mimi from CPB

Allows anyone to be a professional, easily

Overall, I am pleased with Squarespace. I think it is the most professional website builder out there. However, its price point and its inconsistencies hinder it from getting a 10/10 on my end.

Pros

I like how easy to customize and use Squarespace is and always has been. Especially with their latest version release, site building has become more customizable than ever. Their templates also serve as awesome inspiration. Customer service is also quick, friendly, and efficient.

Cons

There are some inconsistencies across templates and versions. Things like adding a caption to galleries or password protecting a portfolio page - which you'd think would be options, based on previous templates or other modules/page types, are not available across the board. This is frustrating when you're building a site with a specific vision in mind, but you can't achieve those results. CX associates have also told me that there are 'bugs' that are being sent to tech teams, however they can't provide updates on ETA's for fixes. It has been a month since I was told that, still no fix. It's not a good look to have such a tech-forward company fail on promises or updates to users on bugs, or elements that are prohibiting from utilizing the platform in the ways expected. Squarespace is also quite pricey compared to its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Wanted something more professional.

Kim from Gripping Tales

Industry: Writing and Editing

Top quality website and easy to create!

So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Pros

Cons

The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I switched from another website provider that gauged me with up-charges and constant problems with logging in. I tried an inexpensive provider, and it was impossible with complicated programming.

Alanna from Alanna Winkelman Photography

Love hate relationship.

It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Pros

I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Cons

The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace. For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Mainly, the price for the options offered seemed fair and good for my finances in where I’m currently at with my business.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Wix makes it a little too much work by not having a design portion with preset margins and fonts and what not. I do like that Squarespace lets me set my basics and applies them site wide.

A beautiful website, tailored to you

I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Pros

Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting. Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone. You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Wordpress is effective but I found it much harder to design things when I have tried it out. Wix doesn't look as professional as Squarespace and has many fewer functionalities.

Ian from DOmedia

A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra

Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Pros

At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Cons

The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Listen... don't let their newly expanded advertising budget or the way Godaddy pushes them fool you. Wix makes ugly websites. I'm sorry, but it is just the facts. Squarespace is a bit pricier (although the pricing is more transparent in my option) but you get what you pay for.

Kinsey from Kinsey V Photography

Industry: Photography

Web Design, but make it fun.

I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I switched because I got a chance to use a Squarespace site for someone else. I saw how easy and straightforward it was to navigate, so I was hooked immediately. The designs were also very sleek and beautiful.

Kael from Izaak Walton League - St. Joseph County

Industry: Environmental Services

The best website builder for lightweight needs and support

Overall, Squarespace has saved me a great deal of time managing the website and keeping it updated and current. It hasn't been without its headaches but it's definitely nice to be able to leave it sit for a period of time without worrying about technical difficulties. I used WordPress in the past and it's much, much easier. The major downside is your site will look Squarespace-y. All Squarespace sites have a certain modern styling and it's difficult to give it a unique look but that's the price we pay for simplicity.

Pros

The ease of creating and managing the website are its strongest suite. There is definitely a learning curve and not everything is intuitive out of the box. However, once you get through the quirks it can save substantial amounts of time creating content and maintaining the site into the future. It takes a lot of complexity out of website creation. It's a major relief to not have to worry about updating plugins and hoping something doesn't break. It's mobile friendly out of the box and much easier to handle things like image galleries or even selling products.

Cons

Every website must be on its own plan. No bundles or creating multiple websites on the same server. Choosing a template upfront can be tricky because it's hard to foresee what capabilities you'll need down the line and each template has its own abilities and quirks. You can always change the template but that often requires substantial reworking of the content. Also, you must work with the confines of what Squarespace can do. If you're trying to do something relatively complicated you're likely to run into roadblocks and limitations and you'll be stuck doing it the "Squarespace way" or not at all.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Felt it would be the easiest overall in terms of needed features while balancing overall simplicity.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Updating plugins and the theme was tedious and could cause unknown headaches. Mobile support was trickier. Squarespace was much easier for non-IT people to update and contribute.

Meghan from Hammock Hospitality

Industry: Restaurants

The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites

I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Pros

This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Cons

I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

BentoBox is specific to restaurants - they have a wonderful product, however their set-up and pricing did not work for us. Essentially, you pay them to create the initial site and then it's up to you to edit/take care of after the fact. You pay a large set up fee and a pretty expensive monthly fee in perpetuity. We have five locations and it just wasn't cost efficient. Since I already knew how to use Squarespace and knew how to work with SEO, it was an easy, much more cost-effective switch. Bentobox is a great product, but it is pricey to maintain. As a restaurant, we have simple needs as to what people are looking for when they come to our site.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Our site was continually hacked, there was very little support, it was complicated to use. Our sites were outdated and I wanted to switch us to something everyone on our team, no matter their level of tech expertise, could use.

Patrice from Together Good Co.

Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!

Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Pros

What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Cons

One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

The ease and the pretty professional templates that were customizable.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

The templates and the simplicity.

Laura from The Palm Springs Photographer

Industry: Photography

Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code

Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Pros

I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Cons

What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

Marisela from Alteria

The best website builder!!

We have a very professional website, the website is optimized, it is easy to use for our clients, and has brought in more business because of the look of our website. We are pleased with using Squarespace, in that it allows us to update our site easily, make necessary changes, we are able to look at the Analytics and make changes based on that information. We are able to invoice clients through the website, so everything looks professional.

Pros

There are so many great features with this software, all laid out beautifully with the interface. You can start designing your website using one of the suggested templates or a blank site, but right away you can add images and text, manipulate the look/size/overall feel of the site. The best part is that you can see how the changes look right away, you can see your site on computer screen, or tablet, phone; you can see how website looks in the different formats. In addition, there are Commerce features and many others that are excellent. Lastly, the way that files are saved are organized, very easy to retrieve and add onto the various pages, structures.

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered. I am very happy with how the website looks. The one con is that it takes a bit of time to build the website to your desired professional look... but that is expected of any website building experience. That it will take some time to get to the finished result.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

We used WordPress for a long time. WOrdpress still required a lot of work, and paying for the premium wordpress sites still ended up with us having to do a lot of maintenance and building of the website. We are not professional website builders so changing from wordpress site to Squarespace made a lot more sense for us.

Marianne from magictrunk-creative

Beautiful Templates but lacking in Clarity and Customer Support

The intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own website and get it up and running quickly. I didn't get that and felt I was making compromises again and again. I started a blog on Squarespace with the intent of linking it to my website - Squarespace said it would be a seamless process - followed the instructions could never get it to happen so it's still not linked. There was a challenge with my G Suite registration when I went to renew and after days of frustration and the risk of losing my domain I found out it was something on the Squarespace side that had not been completed. Definitely not what I thought I was getting.

Pros

I am an experiential designer so my website needs to really give a potential client a feel for what I do. After looking at several products available I selected Squarespace because I felt their esthetic best fit mine. There many beautiful templates to choose from.

Cons

I'm not a web designer but have clear sense of what I want my website to look like. I thought starting with a template close to where I would like the final site to be like would make the process easier and I could get it done on my own. Not the case. Step by step instructions are lacking in information. Inserting text and content is complicated and the final results were not what I originally thought I was getting and found myself making compromises left and right. The template you choose is populated with the elements (font & images) that caught your eye but you have to remove it all to build your content.If half way through you realize as I did this might be the best way to display my images after all you have to start all over again nothing transfers.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Squarespace looked more sophisticated. The Squarespace templates looked closer to what I wanted for my finished look. For me to get to the same place on WIX or Wordpress it was, it appeared, to be more work for me. I did trials on both but really wasn't that excited by what was possible but the directions and steps were much easier to follow.

Jenna from Jenna Hidinger Photography

Industry: Photography

The Best AND Easiest Website-Creating Software You Will Ever Use!

Squarespace has saved me time, money, and has allowed me to expand my photography business over the past 5 years by providing the perfect place for clients to find me online. Plus, I get SO many compliments on my website! People always comment on how it is professional, clean, and easy to navigate.

Pros

When I first started looking for a platform to create a website for my fledgling photography business nearly 5 years ago, there were a few specific characteristics I was seeking: I needed the platform to be easy to use, quick to set up, and to showcase my photos in an optimal way to potential clients. I found all of that and more with Squarespace! I was able to get my website set up in just a few days and was able to do it without any tears or that "I'm going to pull my hair out!" feeling. If anything, it was the complete opposite! I couldn't believe how easy everything was to set up and how professional my website looked.

Cons

The ONE thing I wish Squarespace had more of: more creative templates. Their website templates are a great, solid "skeleton" (if you will), but you definitely have to put extra work in if you want to make your website stand out from others who utilize the same template.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Squarespace was the easiest to get set up - fast. And it's the easiest to maintain, in my opinion! Many of my colleagues talk about their website woes, and about how hard it is to change certain things on their site. With Squarespace's intuitive drag and drop features (perfect for people who want to stay away from code!), anything can be easily changed at the click of a button.

Derek from Persimmon Development

The best web design platform available

I am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.

Pros

I have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.

Cons

I wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Squarespace is cheaper, more secure, and easier to use.

Cost and security.

Joshua from Presbytery of the Western Reserve

Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one.

Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Pros

Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Cons

Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.</body>

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Honestly, it was probably due to advertising. Squarespace is advertised in nearly every podcast I listen to, and so I decided to tinker with it one day. I didn't hear of Wix until later, was less familiar with it, and so it wasn't my go-to.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Once I had started tinkering with Squarespace, there was no comparison. Joomla is...fine, I guess. It does offer a lot of flexibility that Squarespace does not, but there is a skill-barrier as a trade-off. Using Joomla was a constant rotation of updating the main software package, keeping plug-ins and add-ons (I'm still not sure what the distinction between those is, but Joomla insisted there is one...) up to date, and then dealing with a new round of conflicts between the new versions of the modules with the new version of the software. It was maddening, and our site still didn't look very good.

Jenna A from Self Employed

Squarespace is great for small businesses

My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !

Pros

I have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!

Cons

I think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.

Best option for Small Businesses that aren't IT savvy

If you are a small business or a startup trying to get a professional web presence, or an existing company with a horrible website, don't believe the limitations of a decade ago and "pro" web developers and companies that create websites for you for a large sum of money with continuing maintenance costs. Website development sites like Squarespace allow for any moderately computer literate individual to create amazing looking professional websites and professional emails with little hassle. You don't need an IT department or a website developer, and honestly, your site will look better than many I've had created by corporate webdevs. The trick is that sites like Squarespace use templates that you choose and customize with your own content. The con is, while there are tons of options in templates, what you see is what you get and you can really only customize content and minor aesthetics like font, pages, color schemes, pictures, etc. However, the templates are gorgeous and modern designed sites that will make your website look cutting edge. I've used several competitors, and while Wix is probably my next favorite due to customization, Squarespace is leagues better than any other site developer I've used, including Weebly, Wordpress, GoDaddy, Wix, etc. It is just so simple and the templates, while probably the least customization, are the prettiest ones available that add a professional touch you can't replicate in something like Wix. No IT, no problem.

Pros

Ease of use is unparalleled. Templates are aesthetically unmatched by competitors- it's not even close. The ability to switch between templates whenever you want is amazing. Very professional feel to website with seamless G Suite integration. Cost is very competitive. Mobile optimized websites are lightyears beyond GoDaddy and Wix.

Cons

The templates are amazing, and there are a lot of choices, but if you don't like the options, you are stuck with what they have. Customizing is very limited within the Template framework, unlike Wix. In order to be glitch-free and mobile optimized, the templates have very little customization.

Dave from Bleeding Heart Art Space

Industry: Music

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pros

Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Cons

Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

Virginia from Zenergy Technologies

The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners

Pros

There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times. Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Cons

Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.

Kyla from IMPRESSED by nature

Easily Create an Ever-Beautiful Website

I have been using Squarespace for my e-commerce business for a few years now and love it! Squarespace sites are easy to create and update, while always remaining beautiful. I have used other drag-and-drop website building software in the past and even though the layouts looked right when I was editing, once I viewed them live and on different devices, there were always problems. With Squarespace's platform, my site always looks exactly the way I expect it to. I recently added the e-commerce component to my site and while it doesn't have a ton of features, like other sites, it works perfectly for what I need. Some templates are better suited for e-commerce, so if that's what you're looking for, make sure to look into which ones those are. Squarespace websites are also automatically optimized for search engines! Last year I took an SEO course to improve traffic to my website and a bunch of the suggestions involved manually updating parts of my site every few months so that search engines would continue to find my site. When I inquired with Squarespace about how to go about this, they let me know that their platform already does this for my site automatically--yay! I also discovered a variety of other SEO features that are built into every Squarespace site, so you don't have to worry about updating or even knowing about much of it--it's all done for you! While Squarespace doesn't offer customer service by phone, they are timely with responding to inquiries via email and their robust online knowledge base has answered many of my questions in just a few minutes. They also offer a chat feature Mon-Fri. Finally, one of the reasons I decided to switch to Squarespace was for integrations, like MailChimp--they make it easy to connect with my customers and streamline collecting their information. They also just added an integration with PayPal for checkout, which I can already tell has made purchases easier for my customers. Overall, I am extremely happy with Squarespace and look forward to discovering, even more, features!

Pros

Ease of use Beautiful designs Great customer service Affordable useful integrations (PayPal, MailChimp, etc) built-in SEO constantly updating and adding more features

Cons

e-commerce platform has minimal features No customer service phone support Some features are only available on a limited number of templates

Cheryl from First United Methodist Church

Squarespace

I have used this software for several years now and feel I can keep our website current and looking inviting all without having any formal web training.

Pros

I am not a web designer by any means. I was handed the task of keeping our website up to date and to add things when needed. It is very easy to use this software to do those tasks. The help center is amazing. I can find instructions to walk me through the steps needed.

Cons

There is not really anything I have found not to like. The only issue I have had is getting photo blocks to align on a page where I would like them to go.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I wasn't involved in the reasons why they went with Squarespace over WordPress.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

We needed a new website and it needed to be updated by me. Previously I had to hire someone to do the updates for me because in Joomla it was too complicated for a non-web designer.

Gabe from Information Services, University of Oregon

An high quality web solution for non-technical people who need create and manage a website

This product helped me launch my web storefront quickly and easily. It was truly a pleasure using this solution for my personal business.

Pros

- Beautiful templates. Initially they offered relatively few templates compared to other website providers, however, all of their templates were very polished. Since their early days, they have plenty of templates to get you go quickly for almost any look you are going for. - The page editor is very easy to start using and experiment and becoming productive. - Product management: Product management is great in how you can manage dimensions, price, inventory, etc. When you make sales, it decreases the inventory accordingly (quite a nice little feature). The dimensions you input for your products works hand-in-hand with shipping options you offer with your storefront. HUGE benefit here for making sure the products you offer and are puchased will fit in the right boxes your customers purchased. I cannot emphasize how awesome this is. -Sales reports and analysis tools: This is so nice to track your monthly/annual sales and correlate them to your promotional and marketing efforts.

Cons

- Pricing: More expensive than competitors, but you are paying for refinement and amenities. For non-technical people, refinement and features may be worth it. For Technical folks who can develop their own website, pricing may deter them from using SquareSpace. - Template customization confusion: From a non-technical perspective, it may be very confusing why one template reacts differently to similar changes to layout/content creation. This could cause some frustration for those users.

Karl from Cedaero

Industry: Sporting Goods

Squarespace is beautiful, but lacks some basic functionality

Functional and beautiful when it works. Very limiting in the area of sales tax.

Pros

Squarespace makes it easy to build a nice website without too much coding know-how. It's very flexible, even for taking orders for customized products.

Cons

Squarespace lacks the basic function of making certain products tax-free. For instance, we don't have sales tax on clothing in MN, but we do on hard goods. If you sell both of these products on your website, your out of luck because the tax setting are tied to location only, not products. This makes selling both retail and wholesale through the same site virtually impossible without some serious workarounds. Myself and many other people have made squarespace aware of this basic issue for more than 3 years, but insofar they haven't come up with any solutions.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

Squarespace offered a reasonable price and a large number of integrations. I also was the most user-friendly when setting up complex product variants.

Amy from Fans of believe pictures

Industry: Writing and Editing

Not an Easy Company

Please see the con section above this review for my biggest complaint thank you!

Pros

Pros are that they have a stylish looking site and they have many options for templates to use for your site.

Cons

Customer service is extremely lacking. Even when you contact customer service they give you an answer and expect you to follow a video tutorial you never talked with anyone one on one! If you do they make it seem as if you are supposed to have some expertise when they say no experience is necessary in their commercials. I've been using the site for years for several different sites that I run and published as a writer but recently I started taking down my sights one by one and trying to find different companies or Company host them instead. Every little question I have ever had with Squarespace has been nothing but a complication! The only reason I have not taken down my final site to find another website hosting company in its Stead is because I feel the transfer of the site would be much too complicated. I am still in the stages of taking one of my sites completely down and I was told I could not take it down off of Google without going through a million different steps even though there is nothing on this site any longer! I'm thoroughly irritated as this has been very confusing to my customers! For some reason this is the only site I am having trouble with on Google with them so customer service is a big con for me on this site!

Bryan from Bryan Caplan Marketing

Every Website We Build Starts with Squarespace

Years ago, when I started my marketing agency, I would pander to my clients. This one wanted WordPress - another wanted Joomla. The technology was too much to handle, and the site quality decreased as a result. After years of working with WordPress, we decided to only build on Squarespace. It's been a great choice that has helped us grow our portfolio immensely.

Pros

Squarespace has made it super simple to create a new website. Every single website we build now is on the Squarespace platform - and that's for a reason! The software is user-friendly, the buildouts are quick and painless, and the customers are always happy with the finished product.

Cons

Styling and formatting could be easier on the Squarespace builder. I hate posting up images on pages and blog posts. There's no easy way to resize the images and ensure they look good. I also hate the blog formatting. I want my blog to be aesthetically pleasing - instead, it looks like a robot just spit it out.

Wordpress sucks. Simple.

Karla from Aiane Karla Design

Best Website Platform

Squarespace has helped me to grow my business without the hassle of endless hours of tweaking and customizing website designs.

Pros

Squarespace is very easy to setup, use and manage. I love that updates don’t require constant tending and managing like Wordpress does. The templates are clean and allow you to focus your attention on the content and clean design. The new Squarespace app is such a huge time saver and allows users to manage their websites and blog posts without having to be at a desktop.

Cons

The new Squarespace app is a bit buggy and occasionally says I don’t have internet connection, even when I do.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Wordpress required so much of my time. Plug-ins required manual updating and managing to ensure websites functioned seamlessly. I made the switch to Squarespace because the onboarding process in Squarespace was so much easier and more intuitive for my clients.

Caley from Caley Newberry Boudoir

Best Business Decision I've Made

Pros

My husband is a web designer. I have the ability to have a custom website made for me, but I also hated to ask him to fix things, and I hated going through all the code myself to update the site. I switched to Squarespace over five years ago, and it was the best decision I could have made for my business (and a great one for my marriage, too ). If you don't need a huge, elaborate website, but still want something clean, beautiful, and easy to maintain, I can't recommend Squarespace enough.

Cons

Every now and then, I run into limitations in a template that I wish I could change. Why certain blog styles aren't available in every template baffles me sometimes. I'll find a template I love but hate that it can't have a sidebar somewhere or that there's a blog overview rather than going straight to the blog itself.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

It was the easiest to use and best product.

Dakota from Advent Fine Jewelry & Body Piercing

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Absolutely the best website building platform for small businesses!

Choosing Squarespace to build my website for my business is the reason I'm able to continue growing my small establishment. Since I'm able to use the analytics and connect further with Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools, I'm able to properly target my correct audiences and monitor their traffic accordingly. I'm able to test what works best for my company, and quickly modify anything that isn't working. Squarespace is one of the software's that I accredit my success to.

Pros

For the minimal price that you pay, you get an incredible amount of features. There is practically an infinite amount of uses, especially if you have even the most basic understanding of CSS, which you can apply to every template. You can easily connect all of your social media, upload pictures, easily migrate content to new pages and templates, the list goes on. If you get stuck on something, the company has page after page of help guides, and since Squarespace is so popular and has been around for awhile, there is even more information and troubleshooting from actual users. The built in analytics are so easy to understand, and all of the necessary information is right there. You can easily connect API's, email servers, etc right on your account. Using the page builder is so easy. From rearranging content, to fully customizing the text and format-there really isn't anything you can't do with your website with this software.

Cons

My only complaint is what everyone else complains about: the templates! There's almost 100 templates now, so there's plenty to choose from. The main issue is that the templates tend to not have all of the functions you want, and you have to sacrifice certain functions for another. For example: you may need sidebar navigation, but the templates your client likes don't offer that, and you can't cross templates. I understand why you can't have ALL of the features on one template, but some templates with crossed features would be great.

Jessica from Bungalow 56

Sleek Beautiful Websites

We have been using squarespace for over 3 years and love it. There are plenty of tutorials to help along the way and the tools within the platform can help create any type of website.

Pros

When searching for the perfect platform for our design business, we needed something that would showcase our work with clean lines and beautiful templates. Squarespace was the perfect fit! I loved the ability to customize every aspect of the templates as well so that we could incorporate our store, online catalog, intake forms and portfolio.

Cons

There is some learning curve with this software. It took me a few online tutorials and customer service chats to really figure out where everything was and how to use the features. Once you spend the time to learn, this platform is amazing.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Wanted a cleaner look for our website and didn't like that you had to purchase every feature for a monthly fee.

Cassandra from Apparel & Fashion

The best way to advertise your business!

I had used another website maker when I first started my company but I’m so glad I found Squarespace! The program over all is amazing. You’re able to design your website with whatever pictures, graphics, fonts & colors you like. You can personalize the website to your consumers liking and you’re able to get feedback from the customers in real time. I’m not tech savvy at all and this program made me feel like I had been designing websites my entire life! If you’re a business owner, there’s no need to pay someone to design a website with technology like Squarespace. Plus, for the price you’d be crazy to go anywhere else!

Pros

Ease of use, free trial, monthly price after free trial, the ability to make changes whenever you want, the options to chose from as far as color, graphics, fonts etc. and just the overall ease of use.

Cons

The only thing I can semi complain about was getting used to the software and how to work the program in the beginning!

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

The price, the things you can do within the website, the options you have to make your website as personal as you want and the ease of use.

Saw Squarespace advertised online

Scott from Predictable Hire

A little more expensive than some other options, but very much worth the simplicity

I got a beautiful website setup fast. It looks great, operates well, and never requires any updating or maintenance from me.

Pros

The best part of this software is the simplicity of it. I have tried to dabble in WordPress and setting up more revenue driven websites, and it just gets too complicated for me. I don't want to be hosting and updating my own versions of the backend, or worrying how a certain plugin will interface with anything. Squarespace is fantastic for this because it's just dead simple, and does pretty much anything you want it to. It doesn't have more powerful features than hosting your own site through WordPress, but it will get you 90% of the way there and that's certainly what matters for most people out there. The support is fantastic as well. Their software is generally very straight forward and can be figured out with a few quick searches, but the few times I didn't know what to do they were there for me and walked me through literally step by step on how to do anything. I consider a good amount of my monthly fee to them to be going towards the piece of mind knowing someone else is out there managing everything about the backend for me, and can give me advice whenever I need it.

Cons

With simplicity comes concessions in the way of customization. For one, you are very limited with what sorts of plugins/add ons you want to put on your site. SEO for example, you basically just work with Squarespace and hope theirs works pretty good. As a result, you just don't have control over every little piece that you would if you built your own site up. However, I am not super technical. I think an appropriate analogy is cars - If you're a mechanic, you want to be more hands on and customize/maximize everything you can because you enjoy it and know what you're doing. Then there are people who aren't mechanics, but sure enjoy a nice car that works well and looks sexy with the understanding that you take it to a professional when you need help. I'm the latter and Squarespace is built for people like me.

Malena from Luv and Lace Photography

My favorite website builder of all

It's my favorite website builder of them all. It's harder to customize than the traditional web site and the price is a little higher than some other options. However, you can do a lot more with it than other builders allow. There's even some moving themes that I love. Once you get your bearings you can understand how to use it and really see everything they have to offer. You pay a bit more but you get your money's worth. You're also able to create a custom domain for an additional 20 dollars a year which is a great deal to me.

Pros

You get your money's worth. There's more options than any other website builder. You're able to create a custom domain for a great price.

Cons

It can be harder to work through when customizing your site. You have to pay a bit more than some other builder site options out there.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I was able to link this one to my site easily and have a cheap domain with it all.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

Affordable domain I could link to my site.

Neyda Jose from Paxata

Excellent design templates

This software is really useful because thanks to the fact that it provides the best tools for the design of sites or pages it is much simpler to do this process without having to do it from scratch, besides the pages designed with it can have a great commercial growth thanks to they can position themselves in a much simpler way, which is why it is the ideal tool to grow and make known any type of business.

Pros

I really like this platform based on the design of pages or websites because it provides templates that adapt automatically to devices, but also offer a very modern and attractive design so designing web pages with them give a unique touch and very visually attractive, it also has an extremely elegant interface that can be navigated to visualize the progress of what has been done without having to do it separately, but by means of a preview which is an excellent advantage, since that in this way you have an idea of ​​how the page will look and if it fits what you are looking for, it also provides very complete tools for design where you can select the logo, edit styles by changing colors to give it a touch more personal to each design and not only you can modify it also the images or add from other platforms, that is why designing with this software is really great because provides everything necessary to build a good page that can represent a business.

Cons

One of the things that I do not like and I think they could improve is that it would be great to choose elements to attach on the page can be done through a bar that is displayed to the side because that way it would be much simpler to work and Do not get disoriented with what you do.

Ananga from Anxiety Slayer / Living by Desi g

A beautiful platform with excellent support

I began using Squarespace for my personal development blog and later built a second site to host our podcast and online courses. I have also built several sites for friends and colleagues including a yoga studio, a nursery, an independent publishing house, and a community choir. I find Squarespace intuitive and easy to use with good analytics. I recently upgraded my sites from version 5 to 7 and I’m very happy with the look and feel of Squarespace 7. Highly recommended.

Pros

The beautiful, clean look of Squarespace and ease of customising design. Scalability for display on mobile devices. Excellent customer support which is consistently prompt in response time, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I’ve been using Squarespace for 9 years through various versions and I’m happy to continue doing so.

Reasons for Choosing Squarespace

I liked the look of Squarespace, and I was attracted by the free and customisable templates included.

Katie from Freelance

Best Out There

I love having a Squarespace website. I was able to find templates that I loved and share it easily, not having to worry about whether or not the website would crash or the server would go out.

Pros

The ease of use of Squarespace is the best out there. The drag and drop software, easy to follow backend and capabilities make this the perfect platform for anyone wanting to create a website, no matter what their background is. If you know how to work a computer, you can create a beautifully designed Squarespace website.

Cons

The only con of the platform is switching templates. I liked to change up my website template every year or two, but I couldn't just change the template and have the content populate, I had to create a brand new website in the back end and make it live. It just made the process a little frustrating and time-consuming.

Reasons for Switching to Squarespace

I wanted an easy to create website that looked amazing.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,942 reviews