• Pros

• "Love this software!! Love the whole concept. This is so easy to use and makes customer service so much more efficient!"

• "Super easy to use. Great tool for communication and business "

• "Love this!! It’s a great way to offer support to families. Love LiveChat "

• Cons

• "In the beginning it was a little confusing understanding how the communication comes through after hours, but after a few inquiries we were able to get the hang of it. "

• "Sometimes the web app is slow to load when I want to supervise a chat, but otherwise, the software is great. "

• "As our business has grown, this program didn't have the features to compete with some of the new services on the market. Great as a simple chat function, but not for more advanced needs."

Browse LiveChat Reviews

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

LiveChat Connects Me to My Candidates Fast!

I get instant connection to my customers with tons of features, customizations, and robust reporting.

Pros

What I like most about LiveChat is it's reliability. When I began researching chat applications to recommend to a client for use in their recruiting efforts, I found a lot of options. I also found a lot of issues. Many of the applications I looked at were complicated and glitchy. Then I found LiveChat. LiveChat just worked. It was solid application whether online or on my desktop and it handled chat conversations reliable while offering all the features I was looking for in a manned chat application. When I spoke with a representative from the company, I found out why. LiveChat set out from the beginning to be a manned chat solution and to be the best in the business. I was kind of disappointed with this at the beginning, because I was hoping for a solution to handle both manned and bot style chats. LiveChat didn't have bots, but they were so far above every other manned chat platform, that I had to choose them. Incidentally, they have developed a bot situation since I first signed up with them and it is just as robust. It's called botengine.ai and I highly recommend it. BotEngine integrates seamlessly with LiveChat and both applications work reliably with Facebook Messenger, Web Pages, Landing Pages, and more. LiveChat offers tons of customization, professional looking interfaces, and robust reporting. I can easily use it on my desktop computer, my notebook, my tablet, or my phone. And just like I said before, it just works.

Cons

If there was anything to dislike about LiveChat, it would be that it is resource-intensive on my iMac. This is a casualty of my business, though. I have to use a lot of memory-hog applications every day, so a lot of times I will enable LiveChat just on my mobile device or my notebook while I'm working at my desk. That way I can still respond to chats without slowing down my main machine.

Excellent Software For Your Website

The experience that i encountered with this software has been superb, it has helped our company turn live visitors into qualified prospective clients, in this day and age instant customer service and support are essential for any business. We use live chat in combination with other software to complete the next steps in our prospect conversion and follow through.

Pros

I like how easy it is to deploy the software on my website and the customization ability that it provides to me. One can customize everything from the chat design the colors and the pop ups the visitor will see. There is availability to custom design it to go with your websites design. The software has availability for multiple users, and 3rd party app integration enabling us to take our prospective client from start to closing in our sales process

Cons

The only feature id like to be able to remove is the live chat link at the bottom of our chat pop up. Other than that everything is superb.

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

We choose live chat because the deployment on our website was more simpler at the moment.

Christiane from Binary

Easy to use and also offers ticket system

Livechat is good, and user interface is very intuitive. They also have ticket system, canned responses, and apps that we can add to their system, free or paid. Price is good, however it needs to increase the speed, response for loading pages/features.

Pros

Livechat is a good option, they also offer ticket system, apps as Knowledge Base that can have internal or public knowledge base that can be shared with clients. User interface is really easy to use, no need for training, very intuitive.

Cons

Too slow, if your demand is high, and you have more than 200 clients waiting on queue the system can get stuck, if you have less clients it should be ok to use.

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

Price, zendesk was too expensive, plus we were trying to have live chat with clients.

Annabel from Pimberly

Good value but lacks some key functionality and integration

Livechat gives us the ability to engage more directly with visitors to our site. It has certain functional limitation which my team find frustrating, however for the price that we pay, it is still good value.

Pros

Livechat has provided a really useful platform for us to get started with livechat provision on our site. The chat interface itself is easy for agents to use. It is also inexpensive compared with other similar platforms.

Cons

There are some important features missing or lacking. Spell check within the livechat itself is crucial for agents to ensure we are always putting our 'best foot forward', while trying to respond quickly to visitors. The automated greetings are great but lack the ability to set logic within the conditions, meaning I don't have quite the level of control I would like over the greetings. The CRM integration has also been difficult to implement, and hasn't worked well for all our agents. Which has caused some issues with manual data entry and some lost data. This integration is crucial to our workflow. The customer service has, overtime, become much more automated and it has therefore taken me longer and been more frustrating to get solutions to issue that I have come up against. While the platform itself has improved in functionality through the time i've been using it, I find the customer support has become less helpful and personal.

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied December 2018

Hi Annabel, Thank you for your feedback, we do our best to create the best live chat experience for our customers and to constantly improve our product. If you don't mind, our Customer Success Team will be in touch to collect a few more information regarding some of the issues you experienced. Cheers, LiveChat Team

Tedd from 2 Brothers

Works so well we don't notice it

Livechat has, simply put, been the best chat software our company has ever used.

Pros

Talkdesk allows us to configure every aspect of our chat presence, from how often chat boxes pop up to what messages are displayed. Its ticketing system is convenient, powerful, and easy to use. Cloud access has allowed easy continued use through COVID-19

Cons

It's tough to think of something our users don't like about LiveChat. We haven't need to contact support, so I'm not sure how robust it is.

Raahul from sbw research & development Pvt. Ltd.

Connect with your visitors with a remarkable chat app

Pros

Chat box appears the moment you get on to the website and you can select the offline time as per your requirements. It provide demographic analysis as well which is really great. Ticketing support for chats is amazing. Ticket generating is quick and simple and you can track all tickets accurately and easily. You can share almost everything on your chats. You can also select your own theme to match with the them of your website. Customization support is amazing. You can add your logo conveneiently and even the photo of the agent.

Cons

Nothing as such. We haven't faced any problem so far with LiveChat.

chris from Recrea Service & Consulting sl

great chat system for a website, and it's free too.

even though we offer an online booking system to make an appointment for a free video call, that just isn't the same. Some users have a question, and they want the answer like instantly. Then chat is the best solution

Pros

simple, user friendly chat system for our websites. It tracks and shows the visitors and allows them to start a chat. Precisely what we needed

Cons

difficult, because it's pretty straight forward. Come to think about it, nothing actually, it's just works perfect.

Quick way to collaborate with anyone at anytime online

Overall, anyone can figure out how to type in a url and enter a code and quickly solve their problems with someone on the other like. Efficiency at its finest.

Pros

It is always difficult when you are trying to work with someone that is external and you need to see what they are looking at and what they're describing. LiveChat quickly creates a url so you can do so with anyone and share screens. The ability to create tickets and follow up makes things that much more efficient.

Cons

The internet is a risky place, and people tend to always be worried about their information being shared. So sometimes it seems that you are giving someone access to your computer when you are giving them access to help and look at your screen. It can cause some hesitations.

Joanne from Joanne Wadsworth

LiveChat is fantastic for users who live in other countries where calling isn't an option.

Overall, my experiece with LiveChat has been really positive. It's a great way to chat to customer service, to eliminate any difficulties with understanding other accents, and someone is always available no matter my time zone.

Pros

What I liked most about this software was being able to access it from my country where calling a company isn't possible since I'm dealing with unusual time zones.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was that the chat screen was hard to find again if I left the chat for a few moments to open another internet tab.

Allison from Granite Specialist

Essential

Pros

This is essential if you want to be on call for your customers. This is what makes people love your business.

Cons

I wish this software was more affordable.

LiveChat mudou minha empresa

Our company started using LiveChat because we were losing a lot of customers due to the lack of support that was able to solve problems quickly. Before we started using the software, we used e-mail and this generated very slow communication with our customers. We implemented LiveChat just over two years ago and improved the level of our service. Since then, we have increased the efficiency of our work, reduced costs and mainly improved our relationship with the client.

Pros

LiveChat integrated perfectly with our business, the software is fast and allows us to reduce the average service. Because we are able to solve our customers' problems more quickly, we were able to expand our customer portfolio. This means increased revenue for our company. But the most positive effect was being able to improve the way our company was seen in the market. The best thing about LiveChat is that it allows us to work and at the same time provide support to our client, because whenever there is a new interaction, the software emits an audible warning on the mobile device and this allows us to be answering questions in real time.

Cons

Well, we currently face only a few difficulties with the usability of the app for mobile devices, because the web version of LiveChat is perfect, but the mobile version and a little limited, in my view, needs to expand the features in the mobile version, such as the resolution tags that are not allowed to be added in each contact, but the web version has this function. Another issue that implies the use of LiveChat is the cost of implementation, which is a little high by the standards of some companies.

Eric from Touch Support, Inc.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Outsourced Provider LiveChat Integration

Around 5 years ago we began looking for a new LiveChat solution not only for our business, but the clients we represent who offer support of tens of thousands of end users each. Because of thi,s we needed a feature rich platform that integrated with our own internal tools but also was easy to integrate and configure on our client's websites. We looked at a number of different solution providers and LiveChat won our business with a stable platform, easy to integrate with, easy to separate out by customer and also was very budget friendly which is especially important in the outsourcing business. By selecting LiveChat we were able to consolidate down from 3 separate LiveChat providers into one, streamlining both our workflows and our set up process. Over the years LiveChat has continued to provide excellent support for their product and is constantly adding new features and tools that our team enjoys - chat agents, management, and developers alike. Whenever I have had an integration issue or a question about the product their support team has been extremely prompt and helpful in all of their support channels. We are very pleased with our choice to move to LiveChat and look forward to continuing business with them for many years to come.

Pros

- Stable platform - Ease of separation of groups - Ease of integration - Reports and tools (admittedly we export this into our own tool and don't use LC's) - Security and custom rules - Customization and branding - Consistent improvements - Support team is prompt and helpful

Cons

- Some updates cause issues with set up and updates aren't announced very well - Ticket system is 'meh' and we don't use it - No send chat transcript by group, it's all or nothing

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied December 2018

December 2015

December 2015

LiveChatInc Review

We are a 3rd party company using LiveChatInc app as our platform to serve our industry, and its been great. I tried several others, and there were functions I liked, but in the end, we came back to LiveChat because of their ease of use, support, and some unique capabilities other chat companies didn't have. There are a couple of important changes we would love to see to make it more customizable, but overall, I would recommend it highly. I've tested at least 4 of the "top" live chat apps out there … and we came back to this one, as it was the best overall.

Pros

First of all the Support team is very friendly and helpful. This is key and they have always tried their best to help, and were open to my feedback on improvements that could be made. It is very easy to use, very intuitive. Has some unique features I've not found in other live chat apps (example: auto greetings to customers are personal, and come specifically from one of my live chat experts. Other platforms I've used, it sends a generic auto invite, and the customer has to ACCEPT to chat, before they are connected with an agent. We have compared, and this one feature makes our take rate (customer engages in a chat) much higher, due to it being a personal invitation by one of our reps.

Cons

The biggest one is the inability to customize Visitors window for our staff. An older version (which we still have to use) used to allow you to set up specific columns of info on each visitor. This way you could see how many times they visited, were invited, refused, etc… without having to click on each visitor to see this info. If you have a lot of visitors it is impossible to click on each of them in a timely manner and know whether to engage in a conversation. This is a big one that needs updated soon. It has taken a long while to have auto invites work properly on all mobile platforms (iPad, iPhone, tablets, etc). It still isn't possible on all, but on most devices now, customers will get a pop up if you send an invitation to chat. Wish you could set up a second Auto Invite (ie. at 1 minute into the visit, an auto greeting is sent … if declined, at 4 minutes, a second one is sent). Unfortunately, not possible. When you send a personal invite, it classifies it as a CHAT, even if the customer doesn't chat with you. So the archives get filled with "blank chats" that you have to leaf through. All of that said, besides the first one, it is still the best live chat app out there, in my opinion. Fingers crossed the Visitor view options will be changed back soon, to allow it to be more customizable for customers.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

Apps for everyone!

We love LiveChat. The availability of the apps that span across different operating systems is a huge bonus and was what initially drew us to the program. Our customers love the program going from chat to form, as they can contact us when we are not available to answer a chat. While the price is a little higher than other live chat clients, this one is worth the price because of the use by multiple agents on a single license. This sold us on the program, and we will continue to use it until it is no longer supported. It’s definitely worth it.

Pros

Apps. Many other live chat options do not include apps, especially not ones that work across both Android, Apple, Mac, and PC. It’s handy in case you are not in front of a computer or have to go from a Mac to a PC, then you have access on both. The fact that multiple agents can use the program (though only one at a time per license!) is very important. Many other live chat programs allow only one per person. This adds up quickly when you have more than one agent. The ability to change the website widget from a chat to a form is great on weekends or after business hours. This allows customers to be able to contact you without having to wait for business hours.

Cons

The only slight con is the cost of the product, but this is offset by the ability for multiple agents to use one license, as long as only one is logged on at a time. To do the same with other programs, you would have to purchase more than one license. So, the cost is justified, but there is still the initial sticker-shock. If the price were a little bit lower, we would be able to purchase two licenses and have two people on at the same time. However, the ability to have more than one person use the license makes it seem like we have loads of agents on at the same time. We did experience one or two bugs, but the tech support was able to fix them quickly so that we were back online within minutes.

Alexandre from Tupiniquim Hostel Rio de Janeiro

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Perfect tool for Tupiniquim Hostel's Live Support

We use LiveChat as a reservation / general information channel for our hostel. Because of this we're able to provide a more humane support and convert these people into actual reservations. Before using LiveChat we tried like 3-4 different tools which weren't (not even by a long shot) as reliable and effective as LiveChat is. My partner did not want to sign up for LiveChat because it was like 300 % more expensive than the ones that we've being using but the cost/benefit is totally worth it. We've had an increase of 400-500 % of actual reservations because of this tool.

Pros

It's packed with powerful features, details about customers that let us deal with them in a better way. The integration with Facebook Messenger is pretty cool (even though it should allow us to click on the person and be taken to his profile). Archiving, tagging and searching couldn't be simpler. Super powerful features for international sites (we use 6 translations). There is no software like this on the market.

Cons

My only complain is that there is no tool for a supervisor or sysadmin to check LiveChat without being logged as a user. There was a plan to do that (I even replied the form) but apparently they shelved. Ohh, and that the app (for iOS) just deals with chats, not with tickets. I use heavily both features.

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied December 2018

Hi Alexandre, Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day! If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-live-chat-software-for-wordpress/reviews/#new-post  Cheers, LiveChat team

November 2015

Christy from Corporations & Companies, Inc. (CorpCo)

November 2015

LiveChat is Great!

We've been using LiveChat for almost 2 years now. It's been so helpful to see who's on our site when they are actually there and to be able to help them when they need it (which keeps them from straying)! We are an incorporation services provider and people often have lots of questions when they are searching for a provider in this field. Though we have the answers to most of those questions on our site, people often want to clarify or they may feel lost when ordering. Having LiveChat makes it easier for our potential clients to reach out to us without having to leave our site or even to pick up the phone. Instant gratification! Thanks to LiveChat, we've been able to quickly convert those people with questions into clients.

Pros

Visitor data is so very helpful for us. When a client has an issue while ordering, it helps us to know what browser they are using. It is also quite helpful for us to know where they are connecting from (country or state) as this can determine what kinds of services they need. Also included with the visitor data are the IP, and the pages visited (and for how long they stayed on those pages). This lets us know about where the visitor decided to leave and what they were looking for...and if we feel the need, we can offer to chat with them (rather than waiting for them to start one with us). LiveChat also makes a verbal announcement when we get a visitor to the site, informing us as to whether they are "new" or "returning" visitors. There is also a verbal announcement when someone initiates a chat ("incoming chat"). The ticket feature is also helpful. When the office is closed or if the technician is away from their desk, the clients can leave a message for us to follow-up later.

Cons

It would be very helpful if the visitor data were logged and saved for reporting purposes via LiveChat. This historical data might prove useful to us when making changes to our site. It would be nice if the incoming chat would also pop-up a separate window. Sometimes I have my volume down or off when I am on the phone and I've almost missed chats that way.

Jennifer from USA Communications

The most convenient way to provide customer service

We love LiveChat here. It keeps our call volume and abandoned call volume down, but also allows us to complete every function that we can on a phone call. We can set up a service call, take a message for a supervisor, turn service on and off, etc. We can literally do everything that we do on the phone but add the convenience for our customers.

Pros

This allows customers to reach out and discuss issues that they are having with their service, or to set up new service, without calling in. It helps our company to keep the abandoned calls down, while still providing quality service to our customers. It's also convenient for those customers that need to have a conversation with us but can not be on the phone because they are at work. It provides all of the functionality of calling into our call center in a more convenient package.

Cons

If the customer has an internet hiccup during a conversation, it will drop the conversation - though it does save the history so that they are able to come back without having to repeat everything. I would not call this a major drawback. If a customer calls in, there is a chance that they will have bad cell service and drop the call as well, without the benefit of the chat history. This is not a flaw with the product itself, but more the platform that it draws from and I would say that the flaw is equal to that of phone calls without the added drawback of abandoned calls.

Paul from Gulf Coast Men's Health

Perfect Way to Instantly Talk to Your Customers

LiveChat is a great way to help customers in realtime making you very accesible to customers helping to grow your business and client base. Definitely a great tool for any small business.

Pros

Having looked at many Chat programs we found the best was LiveChat. You don't have to be at your computer all day waiting to see if a chat is coming in because with LiveChat you can download the app and chat with your customers on the go. Utilizing and setting up the chat is very simple and easy to use. You can do it yourself if you have some knowledge of setting up your website or you can have your webhost do it for you by simply dropping in a simple code. You will be up and running in minutes. You can customize your logo if you wish and it is easy to communicate. Adds the touch of helping customers out if they need direction or information.

Cons

There are a couple of cons that we have run into with LiveChat. Recently this problem has been better but from time to time you will not get instant notification if you are relying on the app to use for chatting. The only downside is if the delay is too long you may miss the opportunity to chat with the customer. The other issue we have seen is that the customer can leave a message but you don't really get notification all the time if a message was left so you are on your own to make sure to check for a message.

Osagumwenro Progress from Rivers State Signage and Advertisement Agency

Industry: Government Relations

An Ode to LiveChat

It solves the problem of losing customers to lack of guidance, and then it has helped us gain some repute as a customer centric organisation

Pros

Live chat is a basic, essential, and effective tool for customer relationship management and sales. Having this software integrated into our website has significantly impacted our reputation and bottom-lines. We virtually stalk (lol) clients activity on our website and give the relevant nudge to make a buy, or give the necessary assistance in times of need. Great news is that it does not require massive learning time. Communicating with clients feels like chatting with a pal. Another thing I like about livechat is the integration with facebook. Our clients are on our facebook page most times, having to meet their needs without having them visit our website is a very big one. The integration with mail chimp solves a lot of our email marketing issues as well. One is able to fully customize livechat and set design preferences Analytics: The integration with google analytics coupled with its native analysis functions helps us know what our visitors are doing on the website per time. As a support staff to my boss, livechat enables me get reports of number of chats, time spent with a customer, or response time, and then, evaluate how to improve the service We are able to Pre record responses to certain questions. This saves us a few seconds that is enough to solve problems for another client. Access to chat history: Although this is a premium feature, it is very useful so as to monitor customer queries through till resolution.

Cons

I do not have so much to say about the mobile version. It requires a lot of optimization so as to bring it to the level of the web version. This will fetch the company more money through purchases, and paid adverts on the app platform.

Douglas from eLearning Launchpad

LiveChat Review

It's been positive overall, aside from dealing with privacy concerns for GDPR, such as IP address collection and lack of admin controls for this feature. While many visitors do not use chat, some do, and those that have used it have found it very helpful, and it has resulted in some additional conversions that may have not occurred otherwise.

Pros

- Ease of setup - Reliable operation - User-friendly operational/agent interface - Ability to customize pre-questions to gain consent for personal info collection, etc.

Cons

- Support for options to increase privacy protection of site visitors (ie, for EU GDPR compliance) could be better. For example, disabling IP address collection requires a special support request and then it is entirely removed. It would be much better if IP address enable/disable was an admin-controlled setting that, if enabled, would only remove the last octet of the IP address (like Google Analytics does for IP anonymization) so that geo info could still be collected but without the precision that would create a personal info privacy concern. - Blocking of bot-crawlers from the customer/visitor list is desperately needed, as they present a nuisance to agent operations. - The clearing of the customer list info seems to occur at random/unpredictable points in time -- this should be explained and there should be a button to allow manual clearing of the list by the agent. - The customer/visitor view options should include an "all current visitors" option so that all current visitors , whether invited or browsing, can be seen in one view. - Filters should be expanded to work for all fields, and should be persistent and be able to be saved so that switching views or restarting the application does not cause filter setups to be lost. - There should be a master enable/disable setting to deactivate LiveChat when desired, without the need to go into Wordpress and disable the plugin. -

Great software just wish it integrated with messaging software for easier time maintaining response

Helped us give a better appearance of being on top of the technical world. We did a get a few leads, but not enough for the time needed to maintain the platform for us to keep it. Great if you have a larger staff (staff of 19 with one person available), or if you are willing to invest in the bot and still have someone to maintain as half of their job. Or that is what I found.

Pros

Very easy to use. Highly editable. Support has been FANTASTIC. We changed owners and needed to switch things over, they were so helpful in guidance. Great response on our website.

Cons

How it had to be constantly watched. I wish it could do some of the following. Integrate with messaging app (like iMessage) We would have loved to have multiple people use this for Sales and Service but it was so expensive to have one more license. It would be nice if there were levels, least expensive one license, next level 5-10 and so on. Options for small businesses to help support them, we only have on person who can barely watch the program(which is why we have discontinued it's use at this time). When that person is constantly watching it great results when they are not, it's barely worth the money we are spending. Would be neat to see if it could integrate with Apple Business Messages

Jamie from The Sculpted Vegan

Great tool for online customer service support

One of my favorite features is being able to train the bot and see exactly what FAQs the customer are asking. We believe the more readily available we make information customers need the better service we offer. Specific to LiveChat, we love interacting with our customers in real time and not making them wait on an email reply.

Pros

This software took some time to get set up. We started with Chatbot and only after implementation did we realize we needed Live Chat addition subscription to be able to interact with customers live. Then for the full ticketing features we wanted, we also added on Help Desk. The software does what we want but the total price added up to more than we initially expected. So far it's been great for our rapidly growing company. The story for the Chatbot is a work in progress. However, we believe we are able to provide a higher level of service to our customers who are all around the world. One of my favorite features is being able to train the bot and see exactly what FAQs the customer are asking. Another feature we love is interacting with our customers in real time and not making them wait on an email reply. It's also great that we can assign tickets directly to the person who can solve their problem reducing overall response time to the customer.

Cons

We started with Chatbot and only after implementation did we realize we needed Live Chat additional subscription to be able to interact with customers live. Then for the full ticketing features we wanted, we also added on Help Desk. The software does what we want but the total price added up to more than we initially expected.

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

It seemed to do more of what we wanted and not limited to a specific platform like social media only.

Reasons for Switching to LiveChat

We wanted a bot that could answer questions when our team wasn't available.

Shannon from Automobiles

Live Chat for Instant Results

LiveChat is something we use to communicate with our online customers daily. It allows us to aid them without having to speak on the phone. Overall it is a fantastic product that aids in our daily productivity.

Pros

I love how simple it is to keep in communications with our customers. It is an easy software to use and has some features that make things much easier for customer service representatives. My favorite part is the canned responses or snippets. It makes things easier when keeping up with company expectations of what is expected in a call.

Cons

Some of the manager options could be a little easier to use. When monitoring a chat that someone else is taking occasionally there is a delay.

Jessica from Torino Foundation

Industry: Medical Devices

LiveChat - Great Communication with our Customers

Overall, this has solved a huge hole in our business - communication with our customers. We have been using LiveChat for over 4 years, and I wouldn't consider switching to another platform. The customer support we have received from LiveChat has been A+.

Pros

LiveChat has been a staple of our business for many, many years. We continue to use this software on a daily basis to stay connected with our customers whether we are in the office or away. When in the office, we stay logged into LiveChat to easily chat with our customers to help them navigate our site or answer any questions they may have. When away, we utilize the software to allow our customers to message their questions. You have the option of setting all the notification settings tailored to your communication style with your customers. And, you can easily add, change or delete employee/users from your account. Additionally, you can set different levels of access based on these employees.

Cons

The price is a bit heftier then other competitors. Pricing is based on number of users to the account. Besides this, I have never experienced something I didn't like with the software.

Kaleb from MyShoeHospital

Great for our needs

We're the online arm of a century old shoe repair business, and wanted to offer a way for our customers to quickly ask questions about potential repairs, check order status, etc. without the need to call or send an email and wait for a reply. At first I was against having a chat function because I believed it would take up too many resources from our small processing staff; having to sit in front of the computer all day and waiting to see if a chat came in - they have lots of other things they could be doing rather than sitting in front of the computer. Using LiveChat's API functionality, I was able to some custom programming and integrated LiveChat with some Philips Hue lightbulbs, so now whenever a chat comes in, there are lights that start flashing all over the builiding so we know to get in front of the computer, but that leaves us free to go about our regular business during the day and saves us from having to keep one person tied up looking at the computer. It's worked out great for us so far!

Pros

We find LiveChat to be very user friendly, and especially like the API functionality.

Cons

I can't really think of anything we dislike about LiveChat, it suits our needs perfectly.

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied December 2018

Hi Kaleb, Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day! If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-live-chat-software-for-wordpress/reviews/#new-post  Cheers, LiveChat team

CYNTHIA

Livechat gives us a professional look.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the Livechat interface ,and this is a major factor while I adopted the program as my startups customer chat solution. It is affordable, which is very cheap when compared with the enormous benefits we have gotten from this program over the last one year. I like the Livechat customer support department. The support team have continuously served my startup very well. We get responses to our queries instantly via chat messages and the support team also forwards us periodic write-ups guiding us on newer ways we can use Livechat ,to grow our business. I am provided with daily and periodic stats and metrics which easen the process of measuring the performance of my customer care team.

Cons

Livechat is just the real deal. However I am not overly impressed with its mobile app,I will like to see a better improved mobile app. which will remove the need of always having to access Livechat from a desktop or laptop computer to make major changes or customization.We should be able to do everything from the mobile app.

Basiirat from IROKO Partners Limited

Livechat is magical.

Our customers regularly inform us that they get a faster response to their questions,when they communicate with my organizations customer care team via our website ,as against when they put a call across to our support telephone line. Livechat enable our agents communicate faster with customers than they do via the telephone ; therefore it has made the customer care team work faster,efficiently.

Pros

I have used Livechat for over eighteen months and I get impressed by the sheer quality of this program. From the interface,which is among the most intuitive of any software solution I use as work ,to its customer support which is available to resolve our needs within seconds of getting on their website. Livechat also has a broad array of features which will improve any customer service department. Among these large library of feature on Livechat ,I particularly love the sneak-peek feature.The sneak-peek feature let me see what a web visitor is typing even before it is sent and I have had a few visitors try to ask me how I seem to know what they are typing; I tell them it is Magic.

Cons

Livechat needs to broaden the functionality of its mobile app. At the moment,it only allows for it to be used to chat with web visitors and nothing more.

Victor from DivvyHQ

No Helpdesk solution beats Livechat.

Livechat has helped my organization grow its email marketing list via its integration with Mailchimp. Primarily,Livechat has led to reduced bounce rate on our website and also a faster response time to customer complaints.

Pros

Livechat is the most intuitive Helpdesk solution I have tried.It has got a reliable support team for companies and organizations using it.I like the regular email newsletters sent to users by Olga Kolodynska of Livechat ; these newsletters provides insights into newer ways via which we can maximize Livechat to close more sales ,reduce website bounce rate and increase revenue for my organization. I also like how I am able to respond to tickets opened by our customers by simply replying to the email notification sent by Livechat as against logging into the Livechat interface itself.

Cons

Inability to respond to tickets via the mobile app.At the current time,the Livechat smartphone app. Is only used to chat with web visitors.There is no way to transfer chats ,or even make use of the canned response feature via the Livechat app.

Manoj from Certification Guru, Pune.

bad ticketing system

All here are talking on Chat feature, that is really nice comparing to available on the earth! It's not the complete solution to customer support requirement. Need to use another helpdesk solution for ticketing and email reply. Ticketing system is really bad, no separate canned reply available, need to use same available in chat. The reply emails can't be customized and very "old n ugly" interface displayed to end user in reply email. Powered by Livechat" can't removed in ticket reply. I contacted to support desk on this, but not answered well: "Yes our product manager know this..., we will update you." No proper/firm answer "When I can modify this ticket reply?". I think, they will see your subscription period, say for 1 year then standard answers. Might be different experience in trial or monthly subscribers. I am finally searching for good ticketing/email reply service.... search never ends for customer support team for good all in 1 solution!

Pros

chat is instant, fast reply and appropriate geo-location.

Cons

Ticket system is really need "good modern interface" updation. Customization options are not available for ticket system. Need to work hard on ticketing seriously, comparing to helpdesk, desk.com or groove

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied October 2016

I'm sure there are improvements that can be made. Thank you for the detailed review, Manoj. ps. If you are looking for certain canned responses we suggest using a grouping system. Something like a prefix before an initial canned response. t_ (for tickets - #t_sales) and/or c_ (for chats -#c_chats). This way, you will narrow down the list of available tags.

Ravi from Biocon

Industry: Biotechnology

A remarkably good chat option

Pros

They have a very interactive customer service section. The very fact that they are user-friendly makes them even more unique. It shows detailed information about the person and the other end. This is especially helpful when you belong to any kind of business group and can offer your help with regard to the services available in that specific place. Also, the feature wherein if the person is not online at the other end you could still leave a message so that it could be caught up later, is really good. And, since automatically generated greetings are present, all the manual initial greetings need not be told all over again to each of the contact.

Cons

It would have been even more helpful if another separate page was generated whenever a call appears so that they wouldn’t go unnoticed. The mobile app needs to be improved a bit more. It doesn’t show justice to the desktop version.

Stay in touch with customers

We are able to include LiveChat on certain pages of our website to get the best customer interaction. Our representatives like using LC because it is easy and there are never any issues. Customers have never complained about our LC function and use it often to ask questions. We love it!

Pros

Live Chat is super easy to use and our reps have no complaints. We have had a great experience with our customers as well and implementing it onto our website. Customers can easily speak to a real person through chat and get a fast response. We can see what customers are typing so we can prepare to answer quickly and with enough time to provide the best answer.

Cons

I do not like the stock photos included. It's not a big deal since we use real photos of our staff, but for those who want to use a stock photo - many of them look too fake and almost uninviting. Not a huge deal breaker obviously, as the product itself is great, but in case you have to use this feature.

Emilia from GHL Systems Berhad

The most feature packed support solution.

Pros

Setting up Livechat is as simple as copying the Livechat html code provided to new users during the signup process and pasting into the html section of your website code and you are good to go. Livechat is the most feature packed helpdesk support solution out there .It integrates with the most popular CRM solutions out there like Salesforce and Microsoft dynamics. I like how every chat conversation between support agents and web visitors are archived for future referencing. The sneak peek feature puts support agents one step ahead of website visitors ,by letting them see real life what a visitor is typing ; even before it is sent.

Cons

I dislike how basic the Livechat mobile app. is ,only allowing chat conversations between agents and website visitors. Also we are unable to delete message archives ,except we contact Livechat and they delete it from their end.

LiveChat is everywhere!

It integrates very nicely with our system providing good information regarding clients that come into chat

Pros

This product is very easy to use and has a great integration to Zendesk ticket management. Support is always very helpful when needed

Cons

Their application sometimes proves to be glitchy and often times out but still worthwhile. Should there be a disconnection, the chat is passed to the next available agent

Jeremy from BeyondHealthy.ca

One of the best if not the best

Very good and couldn’t run our business without it, look forward to future improvements.

Pros

Excellent feature set and customization especially on the desktop app. Works great with woocommerce.

Cons

Mobile app support has been a little flaky with login issues for almost a year. Seems latest update to the iOS app has mostly fixed this but still some lingering issues. So many more features could be added to the app as well. Also don’t like that you have to be on upper tiers to have a simple feature like hours available. We often forget to close the app down and have customers trying to reach us off hours.

Response from LiveChat Software

Replied December 2018

Hi Jeremy, Thank you and really happy you like using LiveChat, we do our best to make it even better, every day! If by chance, you had a moment to leave us a review at WordPress, it would help us even more deliver the best live chat experience to our WordPress users: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-live-chat-software-for-wordpress/reviews/#new-post  Cheers, LiveChat team

Engage quickly and easily with customers on your site

Generally, we really like this. It's easy for clients to get a hold of us with a quick question, and it's a great option for clients who don't want to call.

Pros

Looks professional and pleasing to the eye. Loved the free trial to understand how it works and was easy to implement/install and learn to use. Great way to engage with customers in a quick, efficient way. Love the transcript features, canned responses, pre-chat survey, and 'Leave a message' option when logged out.

Cons

The logging out part/option not to accept chats is more complicated than it needs to be. We've had users log off (of thought they had) only to find a customer started chatting, but we were closed and there was no operator available. So it looked like we were accepting chats when in fact we were not.

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

Features, pricing, and their customer service is fantastic.

Ileana from Mathnasium

Chat with me Live

We use live chat daily to speak with leads that visit our center. It is a great avenue for people that are unable to speak at a specific moment or for leads that can not be reached via phone.

Pros

Live chat is a great tool for your website. Using a simple link, you can integrate it into your website so that leads can chat with you live or leave a message for a follow up. You can create templates so that you have quick responses to send. There are tons of features and updates are completed quite frequently.

Cons

Must pay per user so if you need multiple users, it can get costly. Reporting can be difficult as well since the reporting does not always give me access to the lead data, without me having to manually pull the information.

Reasons for Choosing LiveChat

cost was a big factor and the fact that it could be integrated with our website easily

Best chat on the market

Pleasant onboarding and professional help customizing our setup. Overall just a pleasant experience working with the tool.

Pros

Having tried several (10+) chat software to find the right fit this is the easiest, most customizable, and affordable solution on the market.

Cons

Can't really put anything to the product. Perhaps a bit better Pardot/SF integration.

Michael from Keka Technologies Pvt Ltd

LiveChat keeping visitors happy with quick response

Timely response to the visitors, good notification alerts, generation of form submission in non-working hours. Good interface and user-friendly.

Pros

It has a very simple installation, it won't take a long time to integrate with the website. You can set automatically triggered messages with a test to visitors, you can customize it by setting different field so that it responds timely. In case of now working hours, it allows visitors to set a form submission which helps our team to reply them back at the earliest. It gives a view from which location the visitor is chatting. So that we can assign the chat to the right team member. It has a good notification alert, we can enable voice message every time we receive a text from a visitor. Which is cool. The archives help us to check the history of the past chats so that we don't miss out any details.

Cons

Live Chat has a good interface and functionality. However, it is a bit expensive.

Zeeshan from PureVPN

Better Live Chat softwar

Pros

LiveChat provides you better user experience and reporting tools. You can easily monitor KPIs and Agent availability. You can rout specific Chat to specific Group of Agents. You can set pre and post chat survey.

Cons

Ticket system needs improvement to replace Zendesk

For better Reporting and KPIs monitoring

Emin from China Outbound Tourism Research Institute

A good software for all sizes of companies for customer relations activities

Via the Livechat, we communicated with all departments such as operations, accounting which saves our time with very useful features and options. You can enjoy different shades of customisation, professional interface and robust reporting features by using it with different kids of devices.

Pros

1) The daily chat summary function helps you to review the statistic performance of Sales department 2) Possible accessibility to LiveChat with all kinds of electronic devices. Especially, there are not any technical problem when you connect with your smartphone 3) Via LiveChat, you can provide fast, reliable 24hours customer service without any breaking point in connection 4) Daily notifications about the performance of the work teams help you analyze the work procedures analytically in daily basis

Cons

1) There are lacking information for customers concerned with location, page visiting, and browser 2) In the case of internet disconnection, the software doesn't inform you about the issue. 3) Despite the fact that 30 free trials are very advantageous, the price of advanced version could be expensive for small based companies with less budget

Customer support isn't an issue

Pros

I have been using LiveChat on one of my eCommerce stores and it is such an amazing app that always does the job. What I love the most about LiveChat is the availability of multiple apps which allows me and my agents to offer support 24/7. You can use it on Android, iOS, and pretty much on any device. There are a few great features for eCommerce such as sales tracking and ability to set goals. These are the two features that I have always loved and used. Though sales tracker is just basic in nature but it gets the job done. LiveChat comes with a lot of interesting (and useful) features that make your life easier. I haven't used all of their features but I know that they are there and when I'd need them, I will use them.

Cons

I have two issue with Live Chat. First, its a bit pricey. If you are small business, blogger, or a startup founder, you will find LiveChat a bit pricey. Second, the mobile app has bugs. It works but it can be improved. You don't get full access from the mobile app and there will be times when you will have to switch to web interface to get a thing or two done.

Laurie from Mulberry Holiday Cottages

Software connected our Web Traffic to our Sales Team in a meaningful way

The software allowed us to leverage additional Sales Team activity from our web traffic - letting us increase engagement with customers and drive additional sales.

Pros

The chat routing functions allowed me to segment traffic on particular pages to relevant parts of the sales team. Reporting allows us to monitor productivity of team members & the success the tool is having with regards to generating additional activity for the Sales team. The control of the Engagements function lets you customise your strategy, you can be disruptive to user journey if you feel it's needed or more relaxed in showing off the chat tool by withdrawing pop-ups and forcing the user to engage with you. The support team is great, and the integration is easy

Cons

I dislike the inability to control the engagements based on device, e.g. being able to offer less pop-up engagements on mobile than by desktop. The user group functionality can be a little clunky at times.

Chatbots can never replace Human touch

Livechat has been a great tool for all my clients that we having implementing it to and they see the growth in sales and high conversation rate of traffic.

Pros

In the world of web development, offering support to clients or perhaps adding more value to web sites will then mean either adding chatbots or live support services. If you would go with chatbots, customizing them is time consuming and sometimes its boring for clients knowing that they are not talking with a human being on the other side. I have tried alot of these live support plugins but none of them offers so many features like Livechat. What i really love them most is the fact that its so easy to install on any website, be it php, asp or javascript based frameworks. Also the desktop application for agents come in handy for the team to give support to clients and best of all the capabilities of offline messaging to emails its very useful during after hours or when you are offline.

Cons

It might look pricey for small startup but at the end of the day its worthy having unlike using chatbots.

Christina from Funtrackers

Love when Live Chat is on a Website I visit!

Love the instant access LiveChat gives you to tech support and the way it automatically lets the customer know when the support is or not available. The sites that take the time to customize it to let the customer know when the support will be available again is even better. A great addition to your site. Love it when I visit a site that has LiveChat! Love that it is free for the end user

Pros

- Instantly feel better about the site I am visiting when I see the Live Chat logo, because I know the site cares about their customers enough to offer a free and convenient way to offer support. - easy to access the support by simply clicking the logo and depending on the site offering minimal information to start the chat - if the chat is unavailable it gives you the information right away - Free for the end user so a definite pro when needing quick tech support

Cons

- I have had an issue where the tech is helping multiple people at one time. It really does not reflect on the software it self as much as the particular site. it would just be nice if the Live Chat had a way to display, tech currently helping 2 or more people at one time, please be patient. - not all sites if you accidentally close the window will automatically keep your chat open so you have to start all over which is a pain. Yes it is my fault for trying to multi-task but sometimes necessary.

Susie from DrJays.com

Easy to Use with Excellent Customer Support

I find LiveChat very easy to set up and use daily, and I'm not a tech person at all. Everything is designed in a way that's logical and clear, so most of the time I can navigate around and do everything myself. They also have a lot of optional free plug-ins which you can install, or not, to enhance the functionality of the system. And if you need help, use their Live Chat (of course!) for quick and friendly assistance. Their help department reps are live people who actually help you and don't just send you canned responses.

Pros

Our customer service reps like the feature where they can see what the customer is typing before the customer hits "enter." This gives a little extra time to research the customer's issue so as to have a quicker response or resolution.

Cons

It would be nice if they added a spell check or grammar check to help our reps communicate in a more professional way.

Dipin from SIS, Ahmedabad

Live chat, a very reliable tool to handle conversations.

Pros

We found this application very intuitive and easy to use. I just love their customer service and support team, they handle issues and get back to you at the earliest. The other applications available are quite buggy and complicated, but this one is absolutely easy to deal with. If you want to search for something, tag or archive, this application has made all that simple. The application is very user-friendly They have got the best of stats and metrics are used, which has helped me in forecasts etc.

Cons

I found it very difficult to transfer my chats. I had found that the archived chats are quite difficult to load. The mobile application needs updating, it looks quite outdated compared to other applications available.

Alan from HCL Technologies

A chat application integrated with a lot of features that boost your customer service capabilities.

Pros

Has a lot of features which you wouldn't find in other real-time chat applications. The customer service and support are quite responsive and quick. An easy to use interface. Helps to tailor service for customers based on their needs. In comparison to the features provided, the application is very cost effective. Reporting, metrics, and statistics are well updated. Higher conversion rates are experienced in live chat when in comparison to other applications, as here the customers need not accept the chat request for representatives to connect with them. Visitors data provided can be utilized.

Cons

The mobile application requires a lot of improvement as compared to its desktop versions and we won't see every live chat features there.

Praveen from Accenture

Our company use LiveChat to help with the support team.

Pros

My main function at my current title is to develop software and also give support to customers who use the software, We work based on a ticketing system which entirely works on LiveChat. Customers submit issues and questions as a ticket through Livechat enables FAQ page and the application prioritizes the tickets based on the importance. We have set certain parameters for the app to understand the priority. That helps us to sort out tickets in quick manner.

Cons

Now I am using grammarly tool inside the chat window to sort out typing errors and grammar mistakes. If there is an inbuilt feature that helps to detect typos, that would be great. As sometimes I use several devices and installing grammarly on each device is not economical.

Gary from Swiftpage

The chat platform we've always wanted.

Pros

It still amazes me how flexible and powerful the LiveChat chat system is, while still retaining an easy to use, intuitive and straight-forward user interface. Administration is a breeze and a pleasure (and I don't give that compliment lightly)! Up-scaling is painless, and their support staff are lovely to talk to, and super helpful. The developer documentation portal for their APIs and libraries is most likely single best example I have ever come across. A huge win for LiveChat if you have any integration or customisation in mind.

Cons

As someone who focuses their use purely on the live chat features to augment an existing ticketing and CRM system, the inability to turn off the ticketing features is an annoyance. The plugin-like apps offer some amazing potential, but lack a proper sandboxed development environment, and access to a couple critical sources of customer data.

Krissy from Lloyd Jones

Communicate with Customers 24/7 with Live Chat

We use Live Chat for customers who visit our website to speak with someone after business hours. It helps capture traffic we may not have been normally able to get, and have the customer's basic questions answered and information collected.

Pros

Live chat is a great feature that allows prospective customers/renters to communicate with someone 24/7. It captures hot leads, that may be doing apartment research after business hours. The live chat representative collects the prospects name, email and phone number- so that we can contact them during business hours and further assist them.

Cons

Sometimes the Live Chat representatives can come off negatively towards customers. The responses they give are often too "robotic," and can make the customer feel as if they are wasting their time. I've seen chats where the customer quickly signs off from the chat once it doesn't have the authentic, human communication feel.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,108 reviews