(2,903)

2,903

(1,467)

1,467

• Pros

• "Love this software very easy and very useful "

• "I love how informative and detailed this software is. There are so many great advantages to using this. I love everything about it and use it daily."

• "The thing I love the most about this software is its ease of use. It is straightforward and not complicated at all. Easy for a beginner to use. "

• Cons

• "Indeed is a great tool for higher level positions but does not work as well for catching hires for front line / entry level to lead positions. "

• "The search function could be a little more intuitive: a simple search is easy, but figuring out how to get to the advanced search function could be easier to find."

• "The software itself works great on a computer but on the mobile app is limited and the layout is not as seamless"

Browse Indeed Reviews

Jeff from Financial Services

Great candidate search tool!

Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

Pros

My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

Cons

Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

I used both platforms for a bit of time but it wasn’t long before I used Indeed exclusively. Honestly, the strength and tenure of new hires that I sourced from Indeed told the story....better candidates, better hires, better business decision!!

Andrew from Swarming Technology

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Pros

When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Cons

Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

Flexibility and feature offerings

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Indeed was easier to use and had more options

Jessica from Caregiver

Indeed gets people hired

I’ve had a great experience honestly and I can see them one day coming up with a paid site as well because so many do use this service. I’ve personally gotten hired 4 times with this service myself and it’s always the first place that people tell you to look when they know you’re looking for a job. Best place to look, just stay on there randomly and you can very well be the first person to apply on many jobs sites.

Pros

What I like most is that your resume is always stored and can be downloaded onto your phone, in case of getting a new phone or losing yours, I also appreciate the emails about other jobs available, telling you how many applicants there have been to the same job, as well as helping you fill out your resume to best catch employers eyes

Cons

This was tough coming up with a “negative” , I don’t really have a issue with any of the features except I hated when I applied to a job and the resume didnt paste through and I still had to fill things out, or it did paste through but it went through all mixed up so I’d have to change it

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

I didn’t like that on linkedin they can choose employees based on appearances and on monster I just didn’t like the interface, too much going on

Paid Version is Pointless

In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop for job searchers made them the #1 job posting site quickly. But the dirty little secret is that this model isn't sustainable, and like Monster and Amazon, their first goal was to grow their user base, and then try to force paid versions onto their user base. However, unlike Monster, their product is only good because it was unique and free. There are tons of other sites that now use the aggregate scraping model and are much better programs. In addition, Google-for-Jobs has pretty much made Indeed obsolete by offering the same ability, but using the vast superior searchability of Google with an already existing Millennial user-base. The software is better, and it already syncs with google search. Regarding the paid version of Indeed, it just isn't worth it unless you recruit in large cities, you may need to use the paid version in order to not be buried quickly in their ads, but even then, the effectiveness is debatable when you can update the ad or repost it every few days. Even in larger cities, I haven't seen any quantifiable benefit of using the paid version.

Pros

As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis. The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs. Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

Cons

Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete. Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says. Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull. They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Tiffany from IMCS Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Different from the other big job boards

Overall, now that I have a solid foundation and recruiting process, I really like the candidate diversity it has provided.

Pros

Indeed is so different from any of the other big job boards out there in terms of candidate pool and sourcing experience, though the job posting / application review is pretty standard. Indeed used to offer a pay-per-view of contact information for $1 per view. However, they have moved to a subscription based system, which might be more challenging for individual recruiters, but as an agency recruiter I prefer it. The dashboard is not fancy or bright, it is bare and basic, which makes it more user friendly and readable for seasoned recruiters.

Cons

The basic nature of the dashboard is potential a con as well. New recruiters who rely on call-to-action buttons and ATS integration for candidate management might struggle at first, to my knowledge Indeed is not integrated into any of the ATS I've used, so remembering to search for a pre-existing candidate record and manual resume parsing is required. Indeed also provides an "@indeedmail" email address for every candidate, and tends to populate it's Indeed formatted resume over the candidate's original, so often times their direct email is not provided.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

CareerBuilder's database was consistently out if date, and searches produced irrelevant resumes

Kelvin from Golden Ratio Management Corporation

K. Baker Review for Indeed

Nice experience minus the sponsorship portion.

Pros

Resumes are constantly received and it makes recruiting easier.

Cons

The sponsorship portion needs to be removed. It should be an option you can choose after you post jobs. It tries to force you to accept the sponsorship.

Costs

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

No Costs - we are a small business and this is a plus for us.

Best recruitment service

Nothing but positive feels with Indeed. Completely appreciated the experience and plan on using them each and every time we need to post a job. They deliver and we benefit :)

Pros

Indeed is super easy to set up, post and manage. They walk you thru the process step by step and then keep in constant communication so you are aware of activity and responses. I was able to email from multiple places, add notes, set up interviews and know everything was private until I choose to offer up details. I appreciated the ability (without pressure) to try an unsponsored post to start and add it later. Even the amount and duration was in my control. I did get a phone call, but it was so appreciated and super helpful. Again, no pressure but good suggestions as they are able to monitor and see actions I am not aware of. They helped me hire several good employees with ease!

Cons

I can't really come up with anything to change. Yes, they charge more if you want to go directly to qualified applicants instead of waiting for them to find you, but if there's a time crunch and immediate need it's super worth it. They've done the hard part so it makes sense there's a cost to use it.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We had ZERO inquiries with ZipRecruiter and they charge a fee upfront. Indeed was friendly, cost efficient and productive.

Ashley from CTKEEC

Indeed in Childcare

Overall, we still use Indeed because their software is still more efficient than other similar softwares. The features are helpful. The money would be more worth the investment if our candidate pool was more geared to our field of interest.

Pros

I like that Indeed does have more features to take some of our efforts off our plate when hiring such as phone interview and assessment.

Cons

I am not fond of the cost of sponsored positions and the results of such. We spend hundred of dollars monthly when hiring (which for a small business can be a huge undertaking) and are still not receiving candidates who are meeting our requirements for candidates.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Zip recruiter did not have the option of posting unsponsored jobs to save money.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Craigslist did not have any of the features Indeed offers and we were receiving questionable applicants.

Barbara from Stepworks Recovery Centers

Indeed gives us plenty of candidates for our open positions

Overall Indeed is easy to use. Easy to add my managers to. Setting up job ads is fairly simple and if I ever have any issues, my rep is quick to get back with me.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up new job openings. Throughout the past couple of years, Indeed has made many user friendly changes to make the process simplified.

Cons

I am sometimes frustrated with being charged for applicants who click on the ad who aren't remotely qualified and then being charged for that.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We were not getting the candidate pool we needed with Ziprecruiter.

Sarah from Kneaded Tranquility

Basic Job Applicant Software

You can usually find a body to fill a position and quick with Indeed. It has the basics you need for posting a job and getting applicants.

Pros

I like that it has template responses to your applicants and can make premade notes. Its easy for applicants to use as well. Its just something basic for finding an employee for your business.

Cons

I thing the rejection part needs some other things added because reason for not accepting someone are there. I think the dashboard could be formatted different for a cleaner look. I know its not big things to complain about but those are my biggest complaints if had any.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We wanted something a bit more professional than Craigslist.

Monique from owen deutsch photography

Industry: Online Media

Great tool to find candidates with specific qualifications

I was trying to hire a new assistant to help me take on the workload for my boss, a nature photographer. We had many tasks I could not keep up with. Indeed helped me to find the perfect person with the right qualifications in a matter of a few days.

Pros

I liked that Indeed allowed me to find the perfect candidate to be my assistant easily with the right qualifications. I could easily click through people and label them if I was considering them or not.

Cons

The initial setup to create an employer account on indeed was a little confusing. However, once I figured it out, it was smooth sailing. It was not very self explanatory.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

I tried upwork briefly and the candidates were unresponsive and not qualified.

Sarah from PaintLine

Great for both Employees and Employers!

I have landed every job with Indeed and have hired many people through the website as well! It's my go-to software for both hiring and getting hired. In my experience, this is the platform with the biggest professional following.

Pros

I have used Indeed as both an Employee and Employer. As an Employee, it's super easy and fast to apply to multiple jobs in your industry at once, and search and find jobs in your area. As an Employer, I love how all of the candidates are organized for review in one spot, making it easy to sort through many applicants. Reaching out to applicants is easy too through the messaging system.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to use the Indeed mobile app as an applicant. First, it makes it confusing to apply to jobs since the app recommends other positions in the middle of your application, so you have to make sure you follow all the way through to the "Apply" button. Then, after you apply, your search resets and it takes you back to the beginning of your search results. It's definitely not as seamless or user friendly as some other mobile apps like ZipRecruiter.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

As a hiring manager, we chose Indeed due to the user-friendly platform, the ability to see and communicate with all of our applicants in one section, and for the cost-efficient price. As a user on the other end, I always choose Indeed because I love the ability to write "remote" in the location, whereas ZipRecruiter doesn't allow for that function.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We made the switch from ZipRecruiter since we weren't getting the right type of candidates applying to our job openings. We went with Indeed since it tended to attract more qualified professionals and we had a better range of applicants to choose from.

Luke from Fisher Commercial

My Go-To Site for Finding Quality Hires

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been great. I use them for 70% of all my hires. It's the largest job posting site in the world so why wouldn't I use it. It's pretty easy to use and the features are getting better and better. Indeed is a must have for anyone who is looking for new hires. You can try out other sites but you will inevitably come back to Indeed.

Pros

To start, Indeed is the largest job posting site in the world and most people use the platform when searching for a new job. This fact alone makes Indeed a must have when searching for new hires. Also, Indeed is very user friendly. This means that I don't have to micro manage the job postings. I can hand it over to my assistant and I don't have to worry about it. I also really like their analytics. It really helps me to optimize my postings so I can find the talent that I need. A feature that I really like is having applicants answer certain qualifying questions. This really speeds up the hiring process.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about Indeed but one thing that I must say is that I'm not a fan of the pay-per-click model for ads. With this model I have to pay for a lot of clicks that are irrelevant. If I post a job that looks enticing, I will get a lot of clicks from people who are just curious about the job and not serious about applying. One other thing would be the customer service. I wouldn't say that it's bad but it's not great. I've had issues with my Client Success Manager that has made things more difficult than they need be. This has been exacerbated since COVID-19. I'm hoping once things start to get back to normal I will get some more attention from my account manager and fix the issues that I'm having.

Navia from Airlines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Will you Indeed get a job ?

Overall I have enjoyed Indeed but I still feel as though applications I have submitted were stuck in limbo. Indeed is usually my last option behind Linkedin and ZipRecruiter. The interface is very user friendly, so it is very easy for me to scroll through current job openings with ease. I would recommend this to someone who is very open about what jobs he/she wants and not so much stuck on one specific field. Also I think it is great for those who want a job but not sure what job as Indeed is great with showing a variety of different job postings within your area.

Pros

Indeed's website functionality is one of my favorite aspects that this software has to offer. Everything you need to apply to the job(s) of your choosing is just one click away. I also love how recruiters can find you without you doing any of the leg work. I actually got one of my favorite jobs this way and all I had to do was have an updated resume on my account. The criteria you have to fill out to find what you are looking for is as easy as 1-2-3.

Cons

One of my biggest dislikes about Indeed is sometimes you have to be very specific with your keywords or the website will pretty much show you every job within a 25 mile radius that has absolutely nothing to do with the choice of keywords you have supplies. For example if you type in "school secretary" Indeed will still show results that are similar such as "Dental office secretary" but not even in the ballpark of what you are looking for. Even if there is only one "school secretary" position located in my zip code and radius preference, I prefer that over continuously scrolling through secretary positions and never coming across what I am actually looking for.

Danielle from Real Equity Management

Our Go-To Job Board for Hires

Other than our inconsistencies with our previous account team, our experience has been as expected. Indeed is our go-to job board that we can count on to produce a hire.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and their tracking/analytic data has improved over the years. I am extremely hands on and like to set up, pause, delete our own sponsored job campaigns which they allow you to do. Finally was able to get our jobs scraped from our ATS Greenhouse onto Indeed so we do not have to manually post jobs anymore (THANK GOODNESS!). We hire about 30% of our employees from indeed.

Cons

Customer Support/Account Managers! Worked with our previous account manager for the last 4 years. He seemed spread too thin and was never my go-to for quick responses to questions I had about our account. He would consistently send e-mails about touching base and go unresponsive after we would respond about times we were available for a call. On multiple occasions we would have a call scheduled, would log into call only to sit on the line for 10 minutes with not response back or even get a follow-up "sorry we missed each other" e-mail. About 1.5 years ago he introduced our account to his Client Success Manager and she was always my go-to for anything I needed! She was wonderful! Due to Covid-19 they have shifted accounts and we now have a new account manager who is super responsive so we are very excited to be working with someone new!

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

We ultimately use Indeed over all the other job board sources as Indeed can consistently produce a hire for us over other sources. LinkedIn Jobs and ZipRecruiter have been very unsuccessful sources for us as far as job boards are concerned.

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Pros

For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Cons

I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Indeed is the most widely used. Anyone posting or searching for a job on LinkedIn, is also posting or searching on Indeed. It's the most comprehensive source for employers and candidates.

Michelle from Food and Beverages

Indeed will take care of you!

It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Pros

I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Cons

Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Craigslist did not have anywhere close to the amount of job postings as Indeed. I did not want to look further than 15 miles away from where I live and that really limits you when it comes to finding job postings on Craigslist. Indeed, however, did not let me down and I was able to find exactly what I was looking for. Craigslist is also loaded with scam artists and spammers and it seems like the people running it do not care whatsoever, even after I had reported a specific posting.

Best of talent acquisition programs

I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Pros

This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume to create a basic format and also allows those with existing CV/resumes to upload them along with cover letters. Once uploaded, they can quickly be altered as time changes the information. Many companies allow a direct application via that uploaded information and the remaining companies direct the potential job candidate to the application on the website for the corporation. Indeed also allows individuals who are talent acquisition specialists to send messages to people who are on indeed to determine if a possible interest in a position might be possible.

Cons

Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Much better features with far more appropriate jobs for my skill level.

German from 5280 Staffing

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Indeed, the main candidate source

We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Pros

The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate. Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Cons

I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

The numbers showed that Indeed would be the most reliable option to maintain a good influx of candidates.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

We were not getting the response we were expecting.

Daniel from www.bug-bubble.com

Have used and referred others to this app/site since 2012, best job search app by far.

At the moment, none. I used Indeed briefly when I was managing a data collection call center but other than creating the initial posting I left most of this work to the HR department. We posted the exact same job description on Craigslist as well and I anylized the productivity numbers of the employees we found through Craigslist and Indeed and the employees we found from Indeed had a much higher retention rate and on average outperformed the employees hired from Craigslist to an extent that justified the cost of continuing to use Indeed, which was quite low to begin with, but when you are already dealing with a high volume/low margin type of business every dollar counts. (Note: I did not "switch" from another product, but I have used many of Indeed's competitors and Indeed is the only one that I have recommended because it is miles ahead of the competitors)

Pros

I really like the ability to easily customize what you are searching for as far as employment opportunities go. Prior to starting my own e-commerce business/after my enlistment in the military I have used Indeed to find 3/5 of the jobs I've had during that period. The algorithms do an excellent job of providing relevant job opportunities based on data provided through the website and what I assume is data collected on users via Google. The email recommendations are honest as well, using the data to quickly give those searching for jobs the ability to see how well any particular posting matches what they are looking for and updates very well over time (e.g. 3 years ago it recommended mid-level management positions for companies specializing in data collection, sales, and customer service - Now it recommends contractual/work from home/marketing management positions despite me not having given them any additional indications of life changes), this is the primary reason I will never unsubscribe from Indeed's email subscription. The ability to apply quickly when you are searching via a mobile device without having to copy your entire resume on an external website and ai filtering of potential employees for the employer are beneficial on both ends, saving time for both parties making the service desirable for both parties that are needed to maintain continued success in this industry.

Cons

Unfortunately, although out of your control, it would be much more convenient if every job posting allowed for the quick apply feature, as mobile internet use is increasing year by year while desktop use is on a similar decline. It would also be nice if there were more options to customize the recommendations you receive. Although as I mentioned the Algorithms do a great job, it would be nice if I could input very specific criteria of job recommendations that are more applicable to those searching for contracted work. For example, I am looking for small to mid size businesses in a specific radius with a population around 600,000 who are looking to optimize their online marketing budget and/or altogether create an e-commerce/online marketing revenue stream. There may be ways to do this that I am unaware of, but if that's the case it should be easier to locate the page within the domain or application to set something like this up.

Jillian from Mt. Elizabeth Academy

Indeed

Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

Pros

Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

Cons

Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Zip recruiter was sending me too many emails that were not matching my needs. I also felt as though the job options were not legit. The jobs offered were not local and unrealistic and did not match my resume. I decided to try indeed and navigated the site myself.

William from Employment Assistance

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Pros

Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented. Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is easy because links are provided with each job post which enables you to apply directly via Indeed, or direct you to the employer's careers page on their website. In addition to job postings, Indeed has a large portfolio of career-related resources which help you to prepare for and execute your job search. There are helpful articles about resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other job search topics. Another key element of the service Indeed provides is for employers. Indeed makes it easy to post an open position and provides employers with guidance on how to create effective job postings. The information employers receive about online applicants enables employers to quickly screen candidates and narrow their search to the best qualified. Our organization has used Indeed on many occasions and defer to it for our hiring and recruitment requirements.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Ease of use, effectiveness, value for the money we invest.

Gavin from Lucky's Auto Credit

The Easiest Way to Hire EVER

Overall, my experience has been extremely positive with Indeed. My company and I receive nearly double the amount of applicants when we post a job on Indeed compared to a local company. The online portal is very helpful in the hiring process as it allows all candidates to be accessed in one place and can be easily managed. I love Indeed and will continue using it for all of my hiring needs.

Pros

Posting a job is incredibly easy on Indeed, but the real value of the software comes from the online portal. With the ability to quickly identify qualified candidates, send them a relevant assessment, and then contact them directly on the platform, it's the best hiring tool I have ever used. We've hired our last 5 employees from Indeed.

Cons

A few things could be improved, including the following: being able to download Resumes from Word Documents as PDFs instead of .docx. This would make it a lot faster to print and send to others, without having to open Word and convert to PDF. Additionally, I think that the Messages UI could be improved to be more intuitive. Sometimes it's confusing to quickly glance and see who sent what message.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Indeed had a more welcoming interface, and I had been given strong recommendations by friends and colleagues about how great it was.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

I made the switch from a local company, KSL, to Indeed because I was tired of not getting enough candidates from a job listing. Indeed exceeded my expectations.

David from Options for Senior America

Great Platform for Low Cost Recruiting

We've been using Indeed for recruitment (across many different types of positions) for five years now. I have nothing but good things to say about Indeed and my account rep.

Pros

I've been using Indeed as my primary source of recruitment for the past five years. It is a low cost recruiting platform. They have also added quite a few features over the past few years. Indeed allows end users to post their jobs for free or to set a specific budget for their job (based on cost per click). My case may be different as I've used it for so long, but I believe you are assigned a dedicated account rep to help you along the way and provide support should you have questions.

Cons

While very low cost, the cost per click method does charge you if someone clicks on your ad, whether they apply or not. This can sometimes result in maxing out your specific budget while receiving few candidates. However, from my experience, this is not typically the norm.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

ZipRecruiter was not as cost effective as Indeed.

Alicia from CR Systems, Inc.

Very Helpful Tool

It was okay, I am happy with the end result, it was the process of getting there that could have been simplified.

Pros

What I liked most about this was that I could send questions to the applicant and if they could not answer those questions, then they would not be considered as an applicant. For the role we were hiring for, it was imperative that each candidate met that criteria, we did not want to waste our time or theirs skimming through all those pointless applications. If you dont meet our needs, you are not considered.

Cons

The only thing I did not like and it was actually a BIG DISLIKE is that I was only able to send just one aptitude test - just one!!!! That was extremely frustrating considering we needed to thoroughly pre-screen before bringing people in to interview. Because of this, we wasted so much of our time with people coming in to interview who truly were not a credible candidate. Most would lie on their resumes, or the questions we sent. So sending a test would help us to see if they met even the smallest of requirements. If we felt they cheated the test or were nervous and just tested poorly, we could not offer them a second chance to redeem themselves or allow us to further evaluate the candidates capabilities. We would have to bring them in and waste all of our time. One Indeed Rep reccommended we purchase a software that allowed us to do those types of extra screening! Seriously? This is literally what you pride yourself on and you are telling me to go elsewhere for that service. I am/was dumbfounded that Indeed was lacking in that department, but not even by a little but A LOT! We were able to eventually hire someone but we had to go through so many under qualified candidates first. I honestly cannot say if we will use Indeed again because of this very thing. If we have to go elsewhere and pay for it, then why even consider Indeed again?

Debra from Take Your Life Back

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

Pros

Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

Cons

Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Indeed is so much faster and convenient. Seems they have far more jobs and careers to offer as well. Just the ease and the fast feedback and recommendations of jobs from them is top notch.

suryanshi from American Cyber Systems Inc.

Being Recruiter

Overall experience with Indeed was awesome. As I have used it in my last organisation thoroughly and in present one a bit. But the most helpful thing was it's job posting. You just need to post a job with your unique job description along with the location and specification, then put your email id and boom you will start getting the applications on your email once your job gets published. It may sound like very general as we are having other tools for the same. But trust me the job applications from Indeed is far more better.

Pros

Indeed is a one of the best job board I came across for finding the relevant resumes. I am a US Recruiter but sometimes I also need to recruit for my internal hiring. I found the Indeed to be the best way of finding the profiles of the candidates, who were really interested in the job openings. Indeed provides a great platform for the one who are looking for jobs and also for them who are looking for consultants. It has many features and options to refine your search of applications and make your search more powerful. One who is looking for job can also, post their resumes and can modify their profile according to their need and requirement. It has too many options that you will definitely love. More over the Job Positing in Indeed is the best.

Cons

The only thing I would write here is, that it is bit expensive. But this is only for the employers, applicants can access their indeed profile for free of cost. There are some bugs which needs to fixed. That is it.

Jenna from Self Employed

Good for finding local work

Overall, my experience with Indeed has been very positive. I am able to use their software to have focused searches for employment, while not being bombarded with scammers and underpaying positions. I can really appreciate that now given how wide the internet has become, and how much "fake news" and "fake jobs" are out there.

Pros

I have used Indeed countless times when I was searching for a job in my field. The ability to have a focused search on Indeed is one of the outstanding aspects of this software. Finding a job can be difficult, especially if you have a specialty and you aren't just looking for any old dish-washing job. What I like most about the software is that it focuses on quality jobs, it shows you where it is located, how to apply, and when to apply by. I think that this is essential when searching for employment. If a search option shows jobs that are unrelated or not applicable to what you have searched, then you end up wasting time as a job hunter and that can be frustrating and useless. With indeed, you know that when you are searching, you are going to get the closest answer possible. I also like that there seems to be a good filtering process for getting scams off of the website. When using several other search engines, I have noticed that their software doesn't account for jobs that aren't real, are scams, are unpaid internships, or are weird jobs where you only get paid in lunch or something like that. I know with indeed that I am using software to find myself a real and permanent position.

Cons

I do not have a huge amount of negatives. If there was a way to streamline putting in your information that would be a more helpful part of the software for me. I would also like to be able to see some background about the company directly on the website, that way I can judge for myself if they are good enough to apply to. Or maybe have people rate them or show the average pay? I am not sure, however more info to me is always best when applying for jobs. Even when I am looking for short part time work outside of my self employment I like to do this.

Katie from Bluestem Network

Lots of Features at a Reasonable Price Point

Overall, we were very pleased with our experience hiring on Indeed. There are many features available that are found in much more expensive software solutions and it beats trying to track candidates in a spreadsheet!

Pros

Indeed makes it simple for employers to post a position - you can simply follow the prompts and your job post is live in minutes! You can choose to post the position for free or you can sponsor the posting to increase its visibility. Indeed will give you a guesstimate of the amount you should spend sponsoring the job posting to get the best results. You are able to track the status of applications right in the candidate's profile. Since you can add multiple members of the hiring team to the employer's account, they can review candidates, request interviews and add interview notes right to the candidate account. You can create email templates for efficiency. This is a great place to keep unified records of the recruiting and interviewing process!

Cons

I would love to see a notification/indication if a candidate has previously applied for the same role or another role within the company. I would also like to be able to assign different posts to specific team members - for example, we had some hiring managers that did not log in regularly (or had to be prompted to do so) - but if we could assign 'Review' tasks to specific members they could potentially receive notifications for outstanding to-do's. I would also like to see the ability to add custom statuses to an account, for example, when a request for an interview has been sent "Reviewed" doesn't indicate that the request is complete and we're waiting for a response, but "Phone Interview" implies that you've heard back and a phone interview is scheduled. Having some other options would help the Recruiter at a glance.

Pablo from Everis

My Own Experience using Indeed

My overall experience using Indeed is good, although I really didn't find a job thanks to Indeed. On the other hand, at all times I felt excited to find the jobs I was looking for, and not the ones I didn't like. I also liked it very much, that many people offered work remotely, which confirms the trust placed in the developers of other countries, very suitable for any type of project, like any other person.

Pros

There really are many things that I like about Indeed: · In Indeed you can find any type of job you are looking for. · In Indeed, unlike in other rival applications, there are jobs that in others are not so easily found, and this is a point really in favor of Indeed, since today, more and more jobs are emerging new ones that differ from the typical ones. In my case, as an RPA developer, I have found many offers from the RPA world that in other applications do not exist or even talk about it. · The Indeed team works really well when answering a question. They are very fast and go to detail.

Cons

Perhaps what I like least about Indeed, is that in order to obtain certain privileges that are really useful and outperform you compared to other job seekers, you have to pay a monthly amount, something high. I understand that it is your business model, but there should be external ways or reward certain people for loyalty or other reasons, and that they could enjoy these advantages more often.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

I did it because in LinkedIn I found more localy jobs than Indeed.

Ray Fran from RF Freelance

Simple yet efficient

For many years the Indeed platform has helped me a lot. Some of the most important jobs I got through Indeed, in addition to information about companies and I am always on the lookout to be able to refer to those in need. For me, it is a simple but very efficient platform for the disclosure of vacancies, services, jobs, information about positions, salaries and companies, so I recommend it, both for those looking for a job opportunity, and for companies that want to hire.

Pros

A platform for advertising jobs, hiring, and professional information with a simple but efficient interface, space for evaluating companies, surveys and information on salaries, positions, registration area very easy to understand, engagement with several companies and search sites and jobs, all very basic but well organized. To this day, I receive emails from local places and elsewhere, and I always recommend those in need, because of its reputation, Indeed has a wide reach and pleasant results.

Cons

Sometimes I came across random data in my registration even though I filled it out correctly, and this was a problem that could hinder any candidate in his search for a job, although he has the option of sending a ready resume. I even received in the email inbox many advertisements for expired vacancies, or places outside of my goal when I was still looking for a job, and that got in the way a little when the anxiety spoke louder. I believe that they are unique cons in my view.

Becca from WilsonHCG

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Quality Sourcing Avenue? Indeed!

Indeed allows me another sourcing avenue to look at with easy access to different search strings and locations all at my fingertips. It helps throughout the week to simply switch over to the platform from LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc. and have new candidates to look at and reach out to. I overall really enjoy and appreciate my use of Indeed!

Pros

Indeed is awesome. The ease of use is so incredibly appealing, the resume database is simple to mine, and while it may not be visually the most attractive setup, its simplicity makes it a quick way to scroll and mass-send messages to any and all potentially qualified candidates. The other really nice thing about it is that when sending emails to candidates, you can easily save a template for faster messaging, but it is always on a side bar in their profile so that if you'd like to change anything or personalize it, you can.

Cons

I will say my least favorite thing is that sometimes candidate quality is not up to par. Because Indeed doesn't seem to have set requirements on the information that candidates post, some of it is not always the most up to date or accurate. This often leads to dead ends, whether they be after initial outreach, or during an initial screen when asking about a candidate's most recent experience. There could be a more streamlined or standardized way of having candidates post their information and I believe the platform would benefit from this.

Bernadine from The Tasty Love

Easiest way to find a job

as a job seeker I was using Indeed lose to 3 years now. It's so easy to set up and apply to jobs. I've heard back from many employers I applied. It's was the easiest way for me.

Pros

I've been on job hunting for few times on and off between past 3 years. This is the most easiest job seeking website and app I've came across so far. I have tried all the popular and non popular job platforms, but Indeed was the most effective one of all. I heard back from many employers. It was so easy to set up the account and enter all the details in my resume. Once you select the job area you're interested in, it's super easy to get job recommendation. You can go through the recommendation and apply with just one click. Your cover letter is automatically saved when you apply for the first time. Then on you just have to click apply, viola.. your application and cover letter automatically being sent to the employer with just one click. And you can save your favorite jobs, Jobs that you would consider applying later. You can see all the applied and saved job listings on your dashboard. And you can download the indeed resume and share it with anyone without worrying to design a resume. I love that part about indeed a lot.

Cons

I've been using it close to 3 years now. I like all about it. There's nothing I can say that I like least about using Indeed.

Get Your Dream Job

It has been good with Indeed because I got by First Job with the help of Indeed and this is the reason I have a soft corner for them.Sometimes I feel good when people come and talk about the good deeds or initiatives of Indeed ,or how indeed changes the life of millions of near and dear one's by helping them to get the right job.So this all matters for any employee who are working or employees who are looking for candidates to feel the position.I feel such organization should be appreciated who are contributing everyday towards mankind or make this world beautiful with a Job for every led to live his life with Pride.

Pros

What I like about the software is the Popularity it earned across the Globe about Job Opportunity.It is a unique website and very useful for individual or organization who look for New opportunity.One of the best thing about indeed is one can segregate opportunities by applying the appropriate filters to get the best result.No matter you are a organization who created positions as per their requirement or you are a individual who look for new opportunity as per your experience or background everyone would find it easily as per one's needs.It is a Platform where Organization and Opportunity Perform together for the best potential in a business.

Cons

What I least like about this software is the un-interrupted call flows which sometimes makes me annoyed and may be this experience would be for all .So I think indeed need to find a mid option where such situation should be taken care of in a more organized way . Like Time frame should be adhered very strictly , best time frame to call , or expected date ,phone lines , correct person . This website got all such options but all it needs is to implement it in organized manner to be emerged as the leader in this business.

Barbara from Streetbees

The new age of job search.

Absolutely amazing i could never complain about this amazing company. I am grateful for all of the wonderful positions they have found me and my friends and family.

Pros

What absolutely stunned me about this software was the ease of use. I have contacted so many job positions through this company and they care so much about your results they contact you. Never have I found such a caring company willing to go out of their way to see if I obtained an interview and if not giving me words of encouragement. I value a company that doesn't see me simply as an investment and genuinely care about me as a person that's rare these days for sure. I would absolutely and have recommended this software to anyone seeking a job position.

Cons

I simply wish their was faster results in getting back with a company.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Because they simply dont have as easy a process.

Zavud from University of Trier

Industry: Environmental Services

Review for Indeed

Pros

I have been using Indeed for a year now to find either a professional job/internship or part-time/student jobs. The platform is extremely easy and simple for everyone to use. It only took me a few minutes to register and start looking for a job on the search engine. What I like most about Indeed is you do not necessarily have to add/send your documents (e.g., CV, Certificates) every time to different companies. It will keep your documents stored and ask you if you want to change something before every submission. I use Indeed almost daily because you can see a lot of new job offers every single day. Some of my personal experiences on Indeed: I have found my internship in a big company with the help of Indeed. Also, when I started doing my master in a foreign country, I easily found a part-time job on Indeed to cover some of my monthly expenses.

Cons

There are few things that I would like Indeed to improve. As a foreigner living in Germany I use the German version of the website which does not allow me to switch the language from the country's official language. Since there are many international people living in different countries, I believe that Indeed should give us options of languages to choose instead of forcing us to use the website in the language of the country that we are living in. What I also do not like so much about Indeed is it sometimes keeps showing a job offer too long. I have had some experiences in which I applied for a job and they replied to my submission saying that they have already hired someone for the position I was interested in.

I love indeed!

I have truly always loved indeed. It’s great by using the app, as well as browser. To tell you the truth I have the app downloaded but I use indeed.com more in my browser, I think it’s easy to go to, and always shows me the jobs new in my area, or recently added jobs to my liking.

Pros

I have always enjoyed working from home, and here on indeed it’s very easy to find a work from home job with indeed. Very easy to use, easy to check for jobs in my area, ones I’ve applied for, interviews I’ve been given, and so on. It’s super easy to create your indeed resume and update it right from indeed. Indeed also has exams you can take that can show up on your resume when employers check out your resume! It’s probably one of my favorite things about indeed. I truly love the ease of checking jobs, new jobs that are posted all day everyday are easy to distinguish. Overall, I truly enjoy indeed. I am one of those people that even though I have a job I love looking at jobs online, even if it’s just to see what new work from home adventures there are, or jobs in my location.

Cons

I wish it told you how many people have applied to different jobs. I think that would be the only thing that I like least is that it either says ‘now accepting applications’ or it days ‘many applicants’ I wish it would be more to the point.

Iqra from Jubilee Life Insurance Pvt Ltd

Indeed - Convenience for Job Searching

My Overall experience was good throughout I got a job from indeed and my friend also earlier. It is a HUb for jobs in which field you are searching or location.

Pros

Indeed is a good medium for the new applicant and as well existing one. it has a great platform to get Jobs in various fields and categories as per expectations. it has great features for intimation through email for a new vacancy. it has a good user interface, easy to access the account, and user friendly and helps, the applicant in a very efficient manner. Company reviews also available for an applicant before submitted a resume and also save resume for applying to different companies. It's best in its customization features.

Cons

No major cons found in indeed regardless sometimes it keeps sending email Lil frustrating.

Ronesha from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Indeed gets the job done by getting you the job

My overall experience is excellent. indeed is the place I tell people to go if they want a great job. I hardly go to other sites because indeed is number 1. I've received great jobs on indeed. If someone doesn't get a job it's not indeeds fault!

Pros

I love how you can choose to go back to jobs you visited. There were times that I was so scared Because I told myself I'll find the job later and apply because it didn't have quick apply and i couldn't find it , so that feature is handy. I also like that the resume is already available so you just press apply. It's handy that you can sort by city and state

Cons

Recently, over the past year or maybe in my eyes the past yeat because thats when I looked for at home jobs, a lot of fake scam jobs have gotten through. I think for stay at home jobs they need to make it tougher for employers to post jobs.. i think they should have it where you can temporarily change your resume. For instance, a job asked fir me to put the Salary in the resume and if I would have forgot to edit that then I could have been underpaid for a job offering more. Sometimes when I search for remote jobs it brings me jobs that aren't remote. I notice that employers mention the word remore so it pulls the job up but they may say something like the job is not remote.

Sophie from EmployAbility LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

I use Indeed daily for job searching and exploring the job market for my clients.

It helps me find the perfect opportunities for my clients to apply to in a quick and easy way.

Pros

I love that Indeed allows an in depth search in the job market. I work as a job developer helping people find work, and with all the unique job goals I love using Indeed. It is updated hourly, allows you to use key words, really hone in on what is competitive and available in the job market. I also love the advanced search options, it really helps narrow in on what i'm specifically looking for.

Cons

I don't like that Indeed allows recruiters to post staffing agency things. This clouds up the market as we only look for permanent and direct hire positions. I also don't like that things stay on for 30+ days. At that point, usually the positions are filled.

Response from Indeed

Replied April 2018

Hi Sophie, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you've had such a great experience while using Indeed! In addition, you can filter out staffing agencies by using our Advanced Search, www.indeed.com/advanced_search. At the bottom of the page select "Exclude staffing agencies". Lastly, if a job appears on Indeed this means the employer has actively posted the job themselves and should mean that they are hiring for the position. If you have come across an ad that is no longer hiring please contact our team directly at capterra@indeed.com with more information so we can further assist. We wish you continued success in your job search!

Nichole from Shelby Counseling Associates, PSC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Best site available

I have hired many administrative employees as well as licensed professionals using indeed. Their applicant pool is the largest I've used and provided us with the most success. The cost is competitive.

Pros

The resume pool is extremely large for basic position as well as specific licensed and certified positions. I also like that I can made my add have as much or as little detail as I would like, I can have the applicants answer certain qualifying questions.

Cons

I don't like that I have to pay per click on my add which means unqualified people can click and we are charged, but they do a very good job making that not be a constant issue.

Previous success.

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

Zip recruiter did not have a qualified enough resume pool.

Jannatin from Dollar Tree

BEST BEST BEST tool to get you the job you need!

Overall, this software is one of the best ones out there for those looking for small jobs or even big jobs. You have all these options right at your fingertips and you can either apply directly or it will lead you to a company link! Really love this software!

Pros

I can upload my resume, make a whole resume on there by filling the needed spaces, then have it downloaded so I can use it if I needed a hardcopy. Indeed jobs can also narrow searches to help you get a job close to you. I also get amazing job offers when I have my resume uploaded online and available to be viewed. So if I struggle to get the jobs for myself, this software helps with finding me jobs when I could not! Amazing! There are also amazing quizzes and assessments you can take so that the employer can quickly identify whether you are capable for the job too which helps a lot!

Cons

I did not like that sometimes there are searches that come up and do not have the actual information displayed correctly. Such as you get a picture of a work place but they did not try to get more digital information off the people who made this posting. This however is the smallest issue you could ever find because other than that this software is incredible and helps so much with giving us the jobs we need or want!

Angie from Fast Water Heater

Excellent Recruiting Tool

My Account Rep is super easy to get a hold of and her team works quickly to resolve any issue we have. She has helped tailor our budget based upon our company needs. It's not the least expensive recruiting tool, but it works for our company if a budget is set and kept.

Pros

We are able to set up our monthly budget to recruit for personnel and promote our company culture. The resume database is super easy to use to look for and contact potential candidates.

Cons

The crazy algorithm used to set the pricing for clicks - based on 'demand' - am not sure what that number is as it varies all the time. Our positions typically run high for price per click because many companies are looking for the same types of people we are.

Reasons for Choosing Indeed

Budget and ease of use; it also integrates with our current ATS very well.

Rohullah from LILLC

Indeed Review

In general, I consider indeed one the best and most reliable source for job seekers as well as recruiters worldwide. This is due to the fact that there are less fake jobs available on this platform compared to other similar apps. and it is very easy to create your own Resume online and apply for any available jobs within several minutes. You can update your information any time you want. Moreover, there are so many assessments available on this platform for assessing the candidate for different position. I strongly recommend every job seeker to use app for getting their dream jobs quicker and much efficiently than any other apps in the market.

Pros

What I like most about this software is its simplicity and usefulness. Indeed is probably one of the best and most trusted applications for job seekers and employers worldwide. I found a job with Language Line Solutions with this app. If someone wants to subscribe to specific job titles, then they will receive notification about those specific positions in their emails, which is quite impressive. A lot of other job searching platforms cannot deal with fake jobs the way indeed deals with them. There are minimum fake jobs on this app because they have created better security for job seekers.

Cons

Although this app is quite useful in terms of finding a job, but one thing I do not like about this platform is that there are some expired jobs still available on this website. When you apply for these type of expired positions, you will get an email from employers that they already have gone through the next step in their hiring process but the job is still available on indeed.

Amanda from eScribers

A MUST for job seekers!

Pros

Indeed has been the easiest app and service to use. When I moved to another state with my family, Indeed helped me with finding a job that has been great for my family life and schedule. They've also been great with recommending other possible fits in a job for me. I continue to use Indeed daily, as I simply love seeing what job options are out there!

Cons

No cons that I can think of currently. It really has been incredibly helpful and an all-around best app for me as a job seeker and career explorer!

Reasons for Switching to Indeed

ZipRecruiter really wasn't providing any great options and fits for me. I tried and tried with job apps with no luck. I think Indeed offers a much wider range for job seekers.

Jose from BrightStar Care

Job Board Leader

Overall, Indeed is still an important piece of any recruitment plan especially as they add additional technology .

Pros

Posting on Indeed is simple and sponsoring jobs is a quick process. Most of the candidate communication can happen through the system. Customer service has always been available to help improve a job post or offer suggestions to increase applications. They have also added a hiring event option to share your hiring event directly with candidates which has been a great addition to my account.

Cons

Job postings are not picked up by Google Jobs so it is important to post positions on other job boards or make sure your career page allows for Google to index your positions. Costs can be high depending on the positions.

Gabriella from GABResources

Industry: Mining & Metals

An easy way to recruit and to find a job

My experience with Indeed has been really good, we have been able to successfully source good talent. I recommend other employers to give it a go, irrespective of company size!

Pros

I have used indeed on both ends of the spectrum, as a recruiter and as an applicant. I first encountered it as an applicant. I found it relatively easy to put an application through. I did not need to create an account and fill in a lot of information, this way I was able to focus on the job I was applying for and getting all the right documents ready instead of the admin of filling in a long application. As a recruiter, I have seen how this translates into quality applications. Some of the best applications I have gotten were through indeed where I could see that the applicant spent time reviewing our company and job description. I found the recruiter dashboard easy to use, I was able to seamlessly sort through over 400 candidates and then export candidate details to a different database in a .csv file.

Cons

When recruiting because of how easy it is to apply you also get low-quality submissions but adding a criterion and using the available filter options helps. When coming to recruitment management, the option to message candidates could be improved to add more color or graphics, I found the response emails to be a bit bare? As a job seeker, I do not have many grievances other than the "Easily apply to this job" arrow was initially not being clear that it's for jobs that I could apply directly with Indeed to, and the other ones are hosted on external job boards.

Vaishnavi from EtaGen

Industry: Utilities

Get it right the first time

Overall I would say the experience is positive. I still rely on Indeed for my job postings and have had quality candidates come through

Pros

As a recruiter, I have used Indeed for the most part of my career. It is the #1 website or tool almost everyone goes to when trying to find a job. I love that they have a resume search database. With unemployment being at an all time low, active applicants have dwindled down. I also like that we can incorporate our own screener questions in the application page before the candidate can submit their resume.

Cons

Once, in my early career with a different company, I made a mistake with a job posting - instead of specifying a job as full time, I had mistakenly chosen commission. I thought that I had unchecked that box but looks like I didn't. Indeed supposedly doesn't support commission only jobs (although I have seen countless posts). So they took my posting down and my account was "blocked" from future postings. Although they said a representative will reach out to me to solve the issue, they never did. It took me more than 2 weeks to finally get the problem sorted out. But that was a while ago and I have had no problem since then.

Shaun from self

Stress-free job applications at just 1 click!

I overall highly recommend Indeed out to anyone out there who is really stressed out and not feeling that motivated in their job search. I have found so much success in attaining interviews based on the results from my assessments being listed. Also with the "easily apply" feature, you can send out more applications in less time which networks you out to so many other companies, putting your resume out there for numerous agencies and companies to see. I truly feel it is one of the best job search websites out there that meets the standards of today's rush-rush society. Good luck with your job search people!

Pros

What I liked most about Indeed was the fact that once your profile is filled out, you can "easily apply" pushing one button just like Ziprecruiter. On top of that feature, Indeed thoroughly has assessments you take to help demonstrate to employers your skills being tested out so they don't have to. That in itself makes the process of attaining an interview at a higher rate than without the Indeed assessment results listed.

Cons

The only real complaint I have about Indeed is that in the job alerts within my emails I seem to get some the same job listings I already was emailed the day prior. Not sure if they have any control of that or not.

Elyzabeth from Southern New Hampshire University

Industry: Mental Health Care

You'd be silly not to use Indeed.

On a personal note, I got my last job through an application I submitted on Indeed. Throughout the years, I have been involved in the hiring process at work. We utilize two forms of employee applications. One being traditional paper applications and resumes, and the other being Indeed applications and resumes. Quite frankly, I prefer the Indeed applications for the sake of legibility and documentation. Having an online source for applications gives you a greater sense of security in knowing that you wont lose an application, and you do not run into the issue of someone having poor penmanship . Which, in my experience, has lead to individuals not getting a job. There is something about "ugly" handwriting that turns some employers away, despite the actual qualifications of an applicant. Indeed takes that away, and It's nice.

Pros

Indeed is probably one of the easiest forms of job hunting there is. The fact that it's accessible from your phone, and from your computer, is awesome. What I like the most about Indeed, is that you are able to communicate with potential employers/employees through the website itself. Rather than having to sort through your personal email in order to find an email from a specific employer/employee, Indeed provides you with an email system, within the system. Keeping all of your conversations between potential employers/employees organized in one place.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Indeed, is that you are not able to apply to all jobs from the website. Which is probably not even Indeed's doing. That may be due to the policy or desires of a particular company who is seeking employees.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,989 reviews