SentricHR Reviews

4.24 / 5 (126) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 4 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I really like the ease of use and the incredible support! Our rep solves issues quickly and with great ease. I am so impressed!"

• "It's easy to set up and employee and the reports features are awesome."

• "I like that everything is integrated into one system, and it is very user friendly."

• Cons

• "The user interface is a little dated but, functionality is very robust. "

• "none. Only issue we had was getting a response back for a password issue but we resolved it ourselves. It may have been a connection error via the site but it's not a big deal. "

• "what I like least about sentric is the Report options "

Browse SentricHR Reviews

Suzanne from Warren Design & Build

Industry: Machinery

Fully integrated HR platform and exceptional customer service!! Unheard of combo until SentricHR

Sentric has consistently offered a manageable platform form for integrated HR services (payroll, benefits, etc.) combined with easy to use self-service features but the greatest value Sentric provides is in their customer service. They offer proactive training sessions and respond quickly to any and all issues. They truly offer best in class service in addition to a strong HRIS platform.

Pros

Ease of administration for a full integrated HRIS platform...payroll processes seamlessly based on the time and attendance module, open enrollment is no longer painful, data is easily accessible through standard and custom reporting features, and tax filings are completed faster than ever assuring compliance.

Cons

The only "negative" which really isn't a negative is the implementation process. It can feel overwhelming to have so many options, particularly when you are a small organization, but the implementation team is there every step of the way to guide you and ensure you are set up for success on the system for your current and future needs.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Sentric was comparable in price to the final contenders but won out based on their exceptional customer service model.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Primary reason for making a change was previous provider was managing tax and benefit payments erroneously.

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

Thanks so much, Suzanne! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review.

Shannon from IntegraCare Corporation

SentricHR Review

I would say it was mostly favorable, however the implementation process was much more labor intensive on the customer end than we had anticipated, and there were a few miscues in the implementation that did cause some audit/cost issues on our end. The ongoing struggles with the support response time have also been a concern.

Pros

The search and filter capabilities are a positive. The integrated time system and additional functionality of the upgraded time software is much better than what we had before.

Cons

The customer service setup is not as quick and efficient as our setup on the old software. The availability of certain demographic/employment information is no longer available in the pay entry screen as it was in M3, thus there is a lot of toggling back and forth to verify information when we proceed payroll.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

The cost effectiveness of Sentric in addition to it being the platform we were mostly already familiar with.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Shannon! Our team continues to work diligently to make the software easier to use, and we will submit your comment on toggling back and forth to our product team.

Mindy from IntegraCare

SentricHR

Right now I am setting up Carrier Connection and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been guiding me - she is super helpful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] supported me through managing the ACA portion in January and provided reports needed for year end reporting. - response time was immediate and very much appreciated.

Pros

It is visually pleasing and easy to navigate. The software has definitely consolidated the number of steps and amount of time it takes to process payroll each pay period.

Cons

Set up of each component of the product feels kind of clunky and manual. That is why there are so many components that are not in use yet. It takes more manpower to get it set up than we initially were aware of. Trying to get the ATS set up and realizing that the functionality is not what we need to to be. We are also setting up the Carrier Connection right now. Performance management will follow that.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Because we had already been a Sentric customer since 2007 and the upgrade seemed natural with our progression.

Derek from Entertainment Earth, Inc.

The entire platform needs an improvement from web portal to mobile application.

Adding data into a central location.

Pros

I like that I can see my PTO and W2 information. I can easily review my teams hours for the previous and current pay period.

Cons

* Mobile application on android is flakey and disconnects constantly even though GPS /location services are enabled. * There are many times I used the mobile app and it caused multiple punches which in the end annoys me and HR to fix. * Everytime I submit a review for an employee, I get an error to contact the system admin. By the way I am the director of IT and this is super annoying to have managers call my department for software that is not managed by us. * after submitting a review the format is stripped and becomes a huge paragraph and hard to actually conduct a review. You should keep the format or all HTML. * Employees that are salary should be able to manage there own time and fix there mistakes in punching in and out. I have to review and approve anyways later for payroll. This is an extra step that causes distractions for both management and employee. * The web interface is not responsive. * the home page should nit display any sensitive information, because when I am conducting a review, I have to login to my account. Employees should never see my PTO. * Its easy to see how much hours my employee works in time and attendance, but its harder to see my own time per pay period, Why? * It was not intuitive to find how to create additional punches or modify segments. having an icon or visual display would help. I have more to add, you can give me a call.

Stephanie from Big Sister Association of Greater Boston

Big Sister Boston Review - Dec 2020

Pros

It is easy for staff to click around, update their information and enter time. Payroll is straight forward and quick to process. I also really like the new hire functions and how it gets all the forms to a new hire easily to track - in this virtual world it has been essential.

Cons

I wish that I could add in holidays rather than contacted customer service. They are quick to respond but they are quick request so it would be fantastic to manage them myself. I also wish the reports were a bit clearer. For example, the Absences report doesn't let me predict ahead and can not always be accurate when pulled.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

It had limited functionality and did not have as many employee features as Sentric. Sentric is also easier for our employees to use.

Response from Sentric

Replied December 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your feedback, Stephanie! Everyone here at Sentric works hard to ensure you have the support you need, and we are happy to hear your satisfied overall.

Kristen from Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

Industry: Libraries

All in One!

We love the system, just looking for better reporting!

Pros

We love learning new modules and how they work together. It can be overwhelming at first but staff will surprise you in how they are eager to do things electronically and adapt quickly!

Cons

The reports are difficult to learn and run and limited in the fields. I wish there was truly a MASTER report that you could pull ANY field, and you weren't limited to what is available under each category. We rarely use the reports because they are cumbersome.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

We had a prior version of Sentric (M3) as our payroll provider and we could retain our payroll records. We also value our relationship with them and their customer service has always been great!

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

Thanks for your feedback and being a long-time, loyal Sentric client, Kristen. We appreciate your comments on reporting--stay tuned for enhancements coming to the software in 2021!

Judith from HR Consultants, Inc.

Just completed the implementation

Our previous HRIS was "clunky" and every time I had an issue and called the support line I'd find out there was a "glitch" in the system and it would be sent to product development to resolve. SentricHR has amazing support who are very responsive and solution focused. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with the SentricHR team!

Pros

As an administrator and project manager for the implementation, I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to get setup. The SentricHR Implementation Specialist assigned to our account was excellent. He was patient and always available to answer questions and provide guidance. I've gone through a number of these implementations with other vendors and what was promised by the sales team always had gaps with what the product could actually deliver without buying upgrades or "clunky" workarounds. We are very new as a customer, but so far SentricHR has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

We have just completed the implementation and have yet to roll it out to our employees, so I don't feel I can adequately answer this question. From what I've seen and experienced so far, I can't identify any concrete "cons" at this point.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Our company had used the Millennium 3 payroll platform for years and migrating to SentricHR was a natural fit.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Too many bugs. I could no longer trust the accuracy of the data or the reports it generated.

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

We are glad to hear implementation went well, Judy! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Yvonne from Robindale Energy & Associated Companies

Industry: Mining & Metals

SentricHR

We have been using SentricHR for a little over 2 months and have not had any issues that were not resolved quickly. The customer support is wonderful and I can't speak any more highly of our integration team. They were always there and addressed our concerns and questions quickly.

Pros

I like the flexibility that we have with this software and especially like the ability to make changes to data and set up as an admin of the system.

Cons

I don't like that it is so reliant on the HR side of the software and that the payroll data can't be more independent on it's own data.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

We were already using a Sentric product but it was only a payroll system. We wanted to move to an HR/Payroll integrated system and SentricHR had the most options for the most reasonable pricing.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback, Yvonne. We appreciate it!

Michelle from Finoric

Industry: Chemicals

User friendly

I enjoy, very much, working with Sentric and it's Support Team. Never have I not been satisfied with a situation.

Pros

It's easy to set up and employee and the reports features are awesome.

Cons

Having to create a new employee when transferred to another company and their records are all new.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

It was not user friendly and I was told that it was horrible to work with.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thank you, Michelle! We take all feedback into consideration and appreciate your review.

Rocio from Eirich Machines

Industry: Machinery

Great software for the price!

Like the system overall and like that SentricHR keeps up with innovation and updates.

Pros

Single platform for HRIS and Payroll plus the ESS.

Cons

Reporting is not very user friendly and clunky.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Single platform and more cost effective

Response from Sentric

Replied December 2020

We really appreciate your feedback, Rocio! Other clients have found our free Connect sessions helpful to talk through specific reporting needs with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Brandon from Hose & Rubber Supply

Industry: Wholesale

SentricHR

Sentric has been very beneficial for us going from just a payroll system to an HR/payroll system, and we’ve added more features over the years. Sentric has allowed us to streamline our processes, assist in compliance and reporting, and gives us information at our fingertips. The customer support is quick and responsive, and I get connected with the right person to help me every time. And on top of all of that, Sentric keeps improving and developing their software.

Pros

I like that we are able to house a lot of information in one place. This makes it easy to access and use for streamlining processes, reporting, and getting information. The document feature has been really nice, and I look forward to additional updates. It's helping us head towards paperless, and it makes it more convenient as we are spread out over multiple states. We recently added the recruitment module and that has been very helpful for our recruiting and compliance efforts. Customer support is very prompt and helpful. When I was first looking at HR/payroll software options, I wanted a dedicated customer service rep, and so I wasn't happy when Sentric initially changed their model. However, having working with them for a couple years, I do really like the customer support, because I'm dealing with an expert in the specific area of the software that I have a question on.

Cons

There are a good amount of standard reports and the ability to do ad hoc reports. However, sometimes I'm not always able to do everything I want in a report. There are also occasions that the system doesn't do exactly what I want. However, I realize that is the case with any system that is designed for tons of clients. And normally, there is a work around that can be figured out.

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Brandon. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The Product Support Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear they continue to hit the mark!

Melissa from Synergy Physical Therapy

My first choice in Payroll and HR Software

Overall, this is the most comprehensive, yet user friendly, HRIS/Payroll system available. Having working with almost every large payroll product on the market over my 30+ years in business, the fact that I have implemented SentricWorkforce in the last 3 companies that I have worked with will be an indicator that this is a quality product, supported by a quality team of programmers, implementation specialists, and customer support and service providers. SentricWorkforce allows our company to drive supervisory responsibilities down to the managers that need it, while providing HR and Finance the confidentiality necessary to maintain our team members' privacy of information.

Pros

SentricWorkforce is a well-designed and well-rounded HRIS/Payroll System. The integration between Time and Labor Management (time cards) and HR (benefits, time off plan, performance) is seamless and makes running payroll a breeze. The Time Off Plans, electronic forecasting, requesting time off, and approval process is always a "fan favorite" with the company employees, and they like being able to manage their own demographic information, direct deposits, tax information, etc. As an Administrator, the wealth of stock reports, along with the ability to write ad hoc reports, means that I can always have the information I need, when I need it.

Cons

The one area where the software can be better, and rumor has it this is being add for a future release, is in providing calendar view of schedules and time off, both departmentally and company-wide.

Alissa from Fisen Corporation

Very User Friendly

Sentric makes payroll so easy for us to process.

Pros

I like that the software has a nice appealing layout. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. I like that employees can go into the software and request their own days off and view their own paychecks. I love the technical support team - they are always so patient and understanding. They are there to help you learn the software.

Cons

I think the reports are a little hard to understand at first. Setting up benefits can be a little troublesome until you know what you are doing. While some functions are user friendly some functions take instruction and practice. This is not meant not deter any potential users, keep in mind that Sentric has amazing customer support. They will call and walk you through any procedure.

Angela from La Hacienda Treatment Center

Love SentricHR

I would highly recommend SentricHR to my colleagues. I love how easy it is to use and the customer support is awesome.

Pros

SentricHR is extremely user friendly, and tracks everything we need it to track. We love being able to direct employees to their own profile to see paystubs, sick and PTO balances, and the use of the forecast option. I believe this empowers the employee more than we know!

Cons

There seems to be a few glitches here and there with SentricHR. I love the constant updates and believe they are necessary, however it seems to always change really random things. This is probably also a lack of knowledge on my part.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Not sure, I was not involved in the choosing of the software.

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

We appreciate your review, Angela and are extremely pleased that you love SentricHR! We do update the software on a regular basis and understand that keeping up with the release notes can be challenging. As an alternative you can utilize our free Connect Sessions so you can talk through what's new in SentricHR with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Vicki from VPI Corporation

Industry: Plastics

Sentric is fantastic

The implementation process was so well run and everyone at Sentric is extremely helpful. The critical support area is super responsive and great with following up to make sure problems or issues are addressed or fixed.

Pros

We implemented the time & attendance module and it was customized for all the crazy union rules and labor rates we have. It has saved me a ton of time as i can trust that Sentric is calculating pay correctly.

Cons

The reporting function could be a bit more user friendly and customizable, in both the payroll and time & attendance areas. I do have reporting for several plans that are non-calendar year that are tough to do.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Sentric was the best value and extremely customizable for the pay and labor rules we have.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

I needed a time & attendance module that would automatically calculate timecards. I had previously been calculating them manually which was no longer efficient for the number of employees we have.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Vicki. We definitely appreciate you taking the time to post the review.

CHERRI from CCAA

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Customer Service Team Ever!!

If there is ever anything I do not understand, need a path to reach or operator error, Sentric amazing Support Team is fast to respond and make me feel as if even my smallest concernm is a major concern with their personalized response.

Pros

Easy to use dashboard Unparalleled training Team

Cons

I use that user had more ability to create reports themselves without having to pay for custom reports & even when some of our custom reports need to be updated or changed, there is another fee involved. Wish the feed did not lock so many items at the top making me having to scroll down anytime I need to see changes made by HR for me to Process.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thanks for post, Cherri. As for custom reporting, our Ad Hoc Reporting functionality should allow you to create your own custom reports. That being said, there are plans to make that tool even more flexible and powerful early next year. The pins that are locked at the top of your feed are defined by your company's administrator and can be modified by your organization. Please reach out to our support team if you have any questions.

Carly from Advanced Home Health

Helpful Staff

Our overall experience with SentricHR has been there has been many new features that impress us. The Staff has been extremely helpful and understanding while training us and giving us the amount of time we need. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been wonderful!!

Pros

The on boarding features are very impressive. Currently we are still in the process of setting it up. It is very detail orientated which we enjoy, it just is taking us a bit to get started on it.

Cons

There are several places where the same thing can be done which makes it a bit difficult to know if you are changing the correct features in the right places. The auto pay section is very frustrating for us, but we have managed to work around it. We also do not like that we have to message a generic help line instead of having a direct contact for items.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

We chose SentricHR for the capability of our employees being able to enter their hours themseleves. Unfortunately that turned out to not be the case. We also chose the product because we wanted the HR portion built in.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your review, Carly. We appreciate and take all feedback into consideration as we continue to develop the software.

Jaye from Crown Point Enterprises, Inc. dba All Occasions Party Rental

Very Impressed

See the Pros above. My overall experience with SentricHR, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been fantastic. I came into this position about halfway through implementation and they were both very supportive during my transition and held off closing the implementation process until I felt comfortable. Very, very happy with these two!

Pros

The customer support has been awesome. We went through two other payroll software companies in the year before we switched to SentricHR and the major difference has been the people. At both of the previous companies, we were stuck with "support" that was more aggravating than helpful - IF they were even available to help. EVERYONE at SentricHR has been very supportive, and I feel like the software is so easy, I call it "idiot-proof." I love that there are plenty of ways to correct your mistakes without bothering anyone at the company.

Cons

So far everything has been great. Nothing comes to mind.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Complete lack of support and communication - even after a major event at the second company that was so disastrous it could have cost us our business. No one cared until the news we were leaving hit the sales team - and then they reached out to us and had the people who should have cared at the time reach out to us as well - but this was MONTHS after the event and long after we were using and very happy with SentricHR.

LeAnne from Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine

SentricHR Fan

We have had a great experience with SentricHR and I can't stress enough how great the support staff is. I've never had an issue that was not quickly resolved other than the mobile app.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and all the training and support staff are outstanding. Our organization does not use the software for payroll but may transition to that in the future. SentricHR has helped us streamline our processes into one location.

Cons

When I have found something I would like the software to do, support has been able to create a report or find a work around. One thing we've had trouble with is the SentricHR app for iPhone users; it won't load.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

It was the best overall value and product that fit our needs.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

We appreciate your feedback, LeAnne, and thanks for the report on the iPhone app. We don't have any reports of the app not functioning but If there is still an issue, please reach out to Product Support.

Brenda from Cascade Connections

I like working with Sentric and have found the reps to be accommodating and friendly.

Pros

I have found Sentric to be fairly easy to use and your reps are generally pretty quick to respond to questions.

Cons

I think that sometimes questions or requests are lost in translation when it comes to email. There have been times when what I have attempted to communicate has not being interpreted correctly. That can be frustrating, although you do have some reps who will pick up the phone and call to be sure that everyone is on the same page. We have learned allot about the software through trial and error. There are probably many more benefits to using your program that we just have not figured out yet. It would be very nice if you would offer more training in all the aspects of using Sentric.

CHERYLE from Thermal-Vac Technology

Ease of doing business

I had a wonderful experience, I had to convert data from the old system and the team made sure I knew it was overwhelming at first, but then it got easier, and with that ease my system loaded well, my data was safe and secure, the training to the staff and employees on how to use it was so easy. The support from SentricHR is the best I have ever had with a software company. They are all a great group of people!!!

Pros

The ease of review employee profiles and the entering of data. The flow of the data, using a one system log in to retrieve your employee data. Time Card access and Employee Self Service.

Cons

I don't have anything to list at this time, but one wish list would be that once you type the employee's name in instead of hitting the Search button the system would automatically pull the name up.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

The cost savings, the ease of using the system.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Cost, easier system, user friendly,

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

We're glad to hear things are going well, Cheryle! Our people make us who we are, and we're happy to hear you think so, too. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

Agnieszka from Animix

Industry: Machinery

Easy to use, great technical support

Pros

It is easy to use, Sentric works consistently on improving, adding new features and staying up- to-date with its software. Customer service is prompt, and always very helpful and response time is quick.

Cons

few glitches after updates, but nothing major

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

We were looking for company focused on small businesses.

Linda from The Village School of Naples

Sentric Workforce is so helpful

This solved our problem of keeping track of all Employee information and having it all in one place is just wonderful.

Pros

I like that Sentric is able to handle so many functions. We use it for everything! We keep all of our staff information, qualifications, benefits, payroll, etc. in the system. We also use it for recruiting and posting jobs as well. We can track our applicants and all of our openings. Once the applicant's information is in the system, it transfers over when they are hired so we do not need to reenter addresses, education, etc. It also has the capacity to run reports. We use it for so many functions, we don't know what we would do without it!

Cons

Some of the functions (such as reports) do require practice but the more you use it, the easier it becomes.

Michael from Walters Consulting Services Inc.

Very Robust Software and excellent US based sales and support to customize your solution!

Excellent! The implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was especially helpful in getting our internal payroll up and running. She was also able to do this with a quick turnaround because of deadlines set by the parent company.

Pros

The ability to white label for all of our underlying companies.

Cons

The user interface is a little dated but, functionality is very robust.

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Competitively priced, SentricHR offers a full suite of tools to help an HR and payroll department function effectively. Also, they offer multi-site branding.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

ADP was expensive and did not offer the HRIS ability with the white label ability for different brands. Much more competitive on price.

Response from Sentric

Replied October 2020

We're glad to hear implementation went well, Michael. Thanks so much for your positive feedback!

Transitioning and adapting to Sentric Workforce has proven mostly favorable

A better understanding of how payroll/time clock software integrates with HR.

Pros

System works well for mid-size organizations and can be customized according to the organization's needs and pay rules. More or less it was a seamless transition from the larger payroll provider I had utilized in the past, as well as more affordable. The account representatives that I deal with the majority of the time are professional, kind, hard-working, and knowledgeable.

Cons

We utilize Attendance On Demand, which is the time clock side of Sentric and it is more challenging to correct issues since it's a 3rd party application. Additionally, some of the features within Sentric are less than user-friendly and do not often have clear instructional guides on "how-to's" (I can assume this is mostly due to all the customizations).

Matt from Block Imaging

Industry: Medical Devices

Top notch customer service. They are very responsive and have been helpful in implementation.

Sentric helped us streamline multiple software systems into one all in one solution for payroll and HRIS and ATS. Helped a lot in simplifying our time tracking to payroll.

Pros

The payroll module and open enrollment are great. Love the performance management feature as well. If you have some basic html knowledge, you can do a lot to make the system your own.

Cons

I believe there is room to improve on the ATS/Recruiting portion of the software. It works and can get the job done, but would love the ability to put more notes and chat with hiring managers within user profile. I will note that Sentric has consistently made changes and continues to get better.

Ryan from Anthesis

Anthesis Review

Overall, I feel that the experience using Sentric has been a positive one. Support from Sentric is the best thing since during implementation there is only so much time to learn as much as we can about the core functions of the software. It is nice to be able to call support or use the help section for relevant articles and previous training.

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is the Time section. It helps the most when it comes time for payroll.

Cons

The feature that is the least used is the candidate section. I feel that there is not much of a compelling reason to use it as of now.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

We appreciate your feedback, Ryan. We constantly strive to improve the product to help our clients achieve their goals, and there is a free integration to ZipRecruiter coming in an upcoming release. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we're doing!

Arlyn from The Children's Institute

Industry: Individual & Family Services

New to Sentric HR but very impressed!

We are greatly improving the candidate experience with the Applicant Tracking and onboarding system. The is critical as we are a people oriented organization.

Pros

Cons

Non that I can think of currently. Everything has been great

Response from Sentric

Replied December 2020

We appreciate your detailed feedback, Arlyn. Thanks for continuing to trust SentricHR as your tool to manage your workplace!

Deborah from Big River Resources

Stellar - Wonderful

Payroll, expertise, simplicity, access to information, reporting

Pros

It does everything we need it. Customer service is prompt and professional. Sentric is always working to improve the software. Recommend to all my friends.

Cons

Time keeping....the time keeping side of the software is not as great as the workforce side. Feel it could have an overhaul or needs some major improvements compared to how our previous time keeping worked.

Bethany from Oakmont Country Club

Great Customer Support!

I could not be happier with the service we receive from the SentricHR team!

Pros

The customer support is fantastic! Always helpful and friendly! The software continues to be upgraded and adapted as business needs change.

Cons

The reporting features could use some improvement with ease of use and functionality.

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Bethany! Your input helps us shape our priorities, and we appreciate it.

Beth from Trib Total Media

Overall a good experience in the beginning -

Time and attendance has made our life easier. Used to do a lot of manual keying.

Pros

Ease of operation - Easy to understand reporting system. Easy to navigate in the system to find information that you need.

Cons

The change from one contact person to the support team. Can't get some reporting items to run how we would like them to be. And not being able to change our GL without being charged.

Lindy from Puremist

A Good HRIS System

Pros

Sentric is a pretty good HRIS system. When it comes to employee self-service, it is intuitive and easy to use. From an administrator stand point it is also pretty intuitive, but if you have any issues it's pretty easy to get help through the Community Hub or from your representative. I haven't run into any downtime, which is great. The program is updated approximately once a month (as needed) and is during low-access times.

Cons

It doesn't do all that we hoped- for instance the calendar only shares with supervisors instead of the whole team. They are anticipating that this will change in June or July of 2018. Also, the only way to add pay stubs is to use the Sentric payroll administration. We are unable to upload employee pay stubs securely from another payroll administrator. Their time administration is also a bit wonky- the punch in/out on a cell phone doesn't always work like it should. That said our representative is great about sending in feedback to developers and keeping us apprised of changes that we have requested!

Megan from Allcare Medical Management, Inc.

Sentric HR Review

I am very satisfied with the product and support of Sentric HR. I can typically find all of the information I need in one system, which is great. I also live by the Sentric support team. They are always so awesome, friendly and helpful.

Pros

Cons

I am happy overall with the Sentric system. I think there are always improvements that can be made to anything, but nothing specifically comes to mind.

Response from Sentric

Replied January 2021

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, Megan. Thank you!

Beth from The Ziegenfelder Company

A user from 2012

Pros

i love it for managing payroll and benefits. The Sentric support team is always helpful, responsive and supportive

Cons

i wish there was more cross-functioning between the SentricHR software and the AOD Time and Attendance

service for one

Response from Sentric

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your review, Beth! We value the strong partnership we have with you and your organization.

Sandra from Ambrosia of The Palm Beaches

Industry: Mental Health Care

Fantastic Service

The ease of the software is really great. There are a few things that need to be tweaked. Transferring from one company to another should be much easier than it is but that is my only real complaint. Our account representative is OUTSTANDING! I do not know what I would do without her. She is so knowledgeable and patient. She is a great teacher and always thinks ahead. I am so thankful to have her.

Pros

Ease of the software

Cons

Not being able to transfer from one company to another. The system does not keep track of terminated employees and the day they are terminated. That is done by us and not the system which it should be

Response from Sentric

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the feedback Sandra. We'll be sure to pass it along to the product team and let Bridgette know you're singing her praises!

July 2016

Rachel from NHSI

July 2016

Good services for the price!

Awesome implementation from start to finish, although the implementation team should probably learn more about the backend of the system, as we ended up creating more PTO policies than we needed (there's an override function I wasn't aware of).

Pros

Easy for me to use as an administrator, and they just added a mobile app, which is awesome!!

Cons

Some of the self-service functions should be more user-friendly.

Response from Sentric

Replied July 2016

Thanks for the feedback Rachel! We'll be sure to forward it onto the implementation team and product team!

Elizbeth from Ambrosia Treatment Center

It is very effective to have and saves our HR department time.

Pros

Most employees can update their own stuff such as insurance, w-4's, banks information and they can pull previous stubs. They can request PTO and have an overall count of PTO time available and left. You can also check for future PTO availability for those people that like to plan ahead.

Cons

Sometimes is not as user friendly, where employees call to ask where what is. For Example when an employee needs a past check stub, it is a little hard to see the date change in the corner at the bottom.

LeeAnna from Advanced Home Health

SentricHR - Customer Oriented

We have been with Sentric HR for over a year now. The customer support they offer is tremendous. Lots of helpful and friendly people - especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was our implementation specialist and continues to be a reliable support for our team! It is fairly inexpensive compared to other products offering similar services, but yet maintains a professional look.

Pros

Customer Support is Great - not "just a number" to the company (like the larger payroll companies) Lots of functionalities that are new to our company and help elevate our HR team. Interface looks good, too!

Cons

There are too many steps (and clicking) for one simple task.

Growth within company & Needed the electronic HR capabilities

Response from Sentric

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post, LeeAnna. Our team works hard to make sure you have the support you need. We're glad to hear you are seeing the end result of their dedication to you and all of our customers!

Jessica from Big River Resources

Industry: Oil & Energy

Excellent HR services

Pros

The product is easy to use all the way around. The most functional piece for our company is the ease of pulling data from the system. Any reporting that a company needs completed is a breeze using Sentric.

Cons

I still believe the time system could be improved.

2015

Response from Sentric

Replied September 2020

Thanks so much for your review, Jessica!

Lexi from The Vista School

Industry: Philanthropy

HRIS and Payroll System

Pros

customizable, many options, completes the following functions: payroll, benefits, qualifications, employee profiles, talent management, reports, attendance, notifications, and is user friendly once you get to know the system

Cons

When something isn't customizable and you have to wait for your next upgrade in order to possibly get it.

Lyndsey from Coen Oil Company

Generally a good experience. Able to customize Sentric to our industry.

Attendance, Benefits Module, Recruiting

Pros

Very user friendly. Our employees are able to use. The mobile app is a huge plus for our employees so they can view their pay stubs, schedule, etc.

Cons

There are some features we wish Sentric had that Sentric is not capable of doing. The customer service is lacking at times.

Scott from First Team Real Estate

I have used this system since January 2017. Pretty straight forward!

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Navigating through the tabs and finding information is intuitive. Making changes on the timekeeping side has helped us manage hourly employees.

Cons

The reporting is less than optimal. We would love to be able to download reports into Excel that are dumped columns instead of having to convert the data into columnar format. Very inefficient. Would like to see a web based version!

Donna from BergerABAM Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

BergerABAM HR Generalist

I enjoy using Sentric except when I need to delete/remove an employee record due to a duplicate or other reason. When this occurs, I have to notify our service rep to remove the employee record. Not sure why certain issues are controlled by Sentric instead of our HR team.

Pros

Easy to use once you figure out the layout of the Sentric software.

Cons

Ability to make certain changes in Sentric instead of having to contact service reps. Sentric seems to control certain aspects of the software.

Rachel from Colliers International

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Customer Service is excellent and people are easy to work with

Pros

The ease of using the payroll services and HR. The services are good and the customer service when we have issues is timely

Cons

The app does not work correctly. The cost effectiveness when implanting new features seem to be very expense.

Jayme from Standard Bank

Some things can be confusing to navigate but the support teams are great!

Easy to run reports to complete other tasks. A good place to store personnel information.

Pros

The site provides everything you need in one place. Prior to using this system we had to rely on personnel files, so this makes it a lot easier.

Cons

Sometimes hard to navigate. There are also glitches with new hires and setting them up to appear correctly the first time when it comes to actually processing payroll.

Amanda from Borghi USA, inc.

Survey

Overall experience has been good

Pros

what i like most about sentric is the Customer support

Cons

what I like least about sentric is the Report options

Response from Sentric

Replied December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Amanda!

Greg from Fragasso

Great HR software for the price

Overall, this system is easy to use and has robust features

Pros

Ease of use, great implementation team and customer service

Cons

They can continue to develop further technologies to aid in process maagement

Linda from VNA California

Payroll Software

SentricWorkforce was easy to use and was very functional payroll wise, no payroll software is without issues, but Sentric's customer service was excellent. I really miss them and was sorry we had to change providers, not a decision made by the payroll department here.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

None

Wendy from Montauk Energy Capital Inc

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Very good!

The ability to have everything centralized. Very good support.

Pros

The ability to house everything in one area. One stop shop. The technical support is fantastic. It is accessible to all employees in various degrees of permission level.

Cons

Sometimes it can be complicated and not intuitive. It took quite awhile to become proficient. I've been using it a little over a year.

Ashley from Colliers International

Overall Great Platform

Easy payroll processing!

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to use! I also love the customer support. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. They certainly go above and beyond for their clients!

Cons

Updates to the system can cause glitches in the first 24 hours, however, Sentric is steadfast about resolving all issues expeditiously.