(8,241)

8,241

(4,596)

4,596

• Pros

• "I like the price, It is very cheap. It is functional and easy to use."

• "this makes my job so much easier! great easy to use and very user friendly"

• "It is SO easy to use! I've used this for years to make emails and I love this program so much. It's great for designing and tracking emails. "

• Cons

• "New interface is good but not as attractive as the previous release. "

• "My only con would be some of the setup was not as straight forward as expected but once the setup is complete the product works great."

• "Reporting functionality could be better. The templates are a little inflexible, but overall easy to use."

Browse MailChimp Reviews

Evelyn from Freelance

Best option for mailing automatization

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

Newsletters Made Easy

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

WENDY from MCJO ACADEMY SDN BHD

Not for a Beginner

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content. Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

Pros

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan. Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

Cons

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms. I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times. For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated. It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

HUBSPOT is a CRM software which can easily store my Leads from my lead form and therefore I could set up my email campaign to the contacts from my form directly. It is very structured and straight forward to use and I love how they even provide a series of educational video tutorials to guide you through the usage of the software. Their email platform is also very simplistic and direct. Although, it may not be as versatile as Mailchimp in the sense of designing and creativity, it offers an easy-to-use set up which ease a beginner throughout.

Melissa from Agua Viva

Great for Beginners

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pros

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Cons

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Aimee from FIE: Foundation for International Education

Easy to use and manage for small business

Pros

MailChimp has certainly evolved and changed to suit business needs in the 5 years we have been using it. At first we only used it for HTML emails, but have since gone on to use Landing Pages, signup forms via Audiences, lead management, etc. As a small marketing team, we need a nimble and easy to use program and MailChimp is it.

Cons

Often times the templates can be frustrating as blocks won’t work or can’t be overwritten

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

CRM was too vast and clunky. We needed simple, easy to use lead management for the minimal contacts and leads we are dealing with

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

Pros

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

Cons

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.

Curt from HypeLife Brands

Robust Email Marketing that Stays Ahead of the Curve

As a startup marketing agency, we’ve used Mailchimp for many years. Unlike most other platforms, Mailchimp has evolved at a steady pace and stayed ahead of our needs each step of the way...not just maintaining the status quo like most other email marketing platforms in this tired space.

Pros

Their ability to evolve in useful ways — mobile app, education program, email to postcards, etc — is what we like most, for sure, and why we stay with and recommend Mailchimp to others.

Cons

The thing we like the least? Small issues like the inability to see Segment sizes in an overview/list view (instead of how it is currently, requiring one to click into each segment).

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Robustness of features, ease of use, and thanks to the ease of use, easiness of handing clients a tool they can understand and use easily if and when there’s an agency to client handoff.

Melissa from TN Turfgrass Association

Budget Friendly

Overall Mailchimp is a great software to use to send out marketing emails to your clients and/or members. There are lots of templates to choose from and the set up is pretty straight forward.

Pros

Mailchimp is a great software for those who have a low budget. You can get the basic features at no and/or low cost. The pricing is based on the number of contacts that you have, which is nice.

Cons

I felt like when they redid the dashboard, it was a bit confusing to me. I have already really understood how tags worked for what the advantage to using them was/is even then I was encouraged to use them.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

I am using Mailchimp because it was the system that was already in place. I have since looked at changing, but the cost and time has prohibited me from doing so.

Shannon from Self-Employed

The Product is Great But Very Pricey

I started with the company back in 2009 and was sad that their pricing necessitated that I switch from them as a cost-saving measure.

Pros

This newsletter software makes it so easy to send beautiful emails. The drag and drop interface and side-by-side editing panels allow you to see what it will really look like in a customer's inbox.

Cons

After the 2000 free subscribers, the pricing gets STEEP really quickly. I truly loved Mailchimp and tried to stay with the company because it's such well-done newsletter software. But for low-margin businesses, it's just too pricey. The lack of minimalist options for those who don't need a lot of fancy features means it prices out those not running a high-margin business.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Aweber was not intuitive at all and the newsletters you create look pretty crappy unless you have design skills. Sendinblue had poor technical support and I was unable to finish the signup process and their team would not provide enough details about why one of the final contact verification steps was failing every time.

George Rex from ROC Aire Consulting Limited

A Great Email Automation System Built with Fun

My experience with MailChimp has been nothing but rewarding. Now I am seeing the value of such masterpiece in email automations.

Pros

I like the fact that MailChimp adds fun and hand-like artworks to represent certain stages and outcomes in their system. This is really intriguing to me. I noticed that MailChimp has started working on a new email design editor. Though still in a beta version, I am pretty in love with the look and feel already. I've used this new editor to send out over 3 email campaigns and it has outperformed it's expectations.

Cons

I previously had challenges with the classic editor, especially with finding simple things like where to locate header elements and even adjust added contents. I would like to see this improved in the new design editor.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

MailChimp has a record of better customer support over the others.

Jennifer from Hunting Park Christian Academy

Easy to use and free!

Overall, Mailchimp has been the best email solution for our nonprofit. It was very easy to learn for our team. It is intuitive and, best of all, free for all the features we need! I have not had any issues with it. I love the tracking and the ease of keeping multiple lists.

Pros

There are a ton of templates to make designing your emails easy. After that, it is simple to easy replicate that email or use the templates to create new ones. The emails are made of different elements that are easy to rearrange by clicking and dragging. It is easy to choose between text boxes, outlined boxes, pictures, pictures with captions, etc. You can customize the ratios between the picture and caption. It is simple to customize the background colors, font colors, etc. There is enough customization to make it look unique, but not too much to overwhelm. I also love the ability to publish easily to Facebook. There is also the option to send multiple test emails to different people to get feedback and see how it looks before you send out the final product.

Cons

Sometimes I wish there could be more customization with adjusting the picture sizes to the exact size I want within the frame. It's definitely something I have had to work around.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

We switched so long ago that I am honestly not sure what alternatives we looked at. We were so impressed by MailChimp, I didn't need to look any further!

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

The cost of Vertical Response was getting too high. We were also having formatting issues with Vertical Response, like the text changing to purple in the final email but not in the previews. It was a frequent problem that they weren't able to fix and we were paying too much so we looked for an alternative.

Aliaksandr from Self-employeed

It is a good service, but for users with experience in Email marketing

Well, Mailchimp is great for customers who cooperating with business a lot of time. Also service is great for a beautiful newsletters. But the cons looks depressive. And I realise that I will use Mailchimp, but not for a long time, because other services are got better solutions and more loyal rules in the part of emailing. Overall score is 7/10. But because of design and UI total score is 9/10

Pros

Absolutely great design and graphics of Web and app versions Great support Good delivery to recipients

Cons

Well, the most uncomfortable this is that the HTML editor available only in paid plans. It is not good, guys, really. Also it will be good if in Mailchimp will be the Email validation service in paid plans. Because I was banned for that thing, and the saddest part is that my customers are got their emails and Mailchimp customers service says that I shoul do a double opt-in procedure, even I've got the legal rights to mailing my customers (btw my audience is more than 10K of emails) And one more thing: I hope that doon will be available a World Map with the real-time open/click actions

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Because of UI and paat experience

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Because I don't want to use both services at the time

James from Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use.

Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe. Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool. Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost. Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete. Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting. API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage. They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair. Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Tina from Fantasybooksland

Industry: Publishing

Best for beginners and experts alike

My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

Pros

After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out. Reasons: - it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away. - the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done). - you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc. - you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation. - create tags so that you can easily manage your audience. - contains easy email builder. - emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite. So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not. It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

Cons

The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account. If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Mostly because of the limited features they offered.

Madison from Oxford Recovery Center

My Favorite Email-Builder

I love Mailchimp. When I started at a new company last year, I convinced them to switch from their previous program to Mailchimp for email building because it just provides a better product. They've been ecstatic and we find ourselves using it more and more. At all of the companies/organizations I've been privileged enough to work for that use Mailchimp, it has been a critical tool in marketing, sales, and communication. I cannot speak highly enough of it, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Pros

Mailchimp is the best email builder I've ever used. I've worked in many other programs over the years but none work as seamlessly or have the same visual result as Mailchimp. In addition, the audience management feature is accessible and easy to use, and their analytics are incredible learning tools. That being said, my experience with Mailchimp is primarily only in the email builder, and I have not done enough with their other marketing features to be able to speak on them.

Cons

There are only a few features about Mailchimp that are lacking, but they pale in comparison to the power and capabilities of the entire platform. I would love the option to use an image as a background in an email, I would love to be able to add attachments to an email (i.e. a PDF, image, or another document), and I would love to be able to embed a wider range of items into the "code" widget (i.e. a pdf book-flipper like Flipsnack, or a video embedded from a site other than YoutTube, like Wistia). However, overall my experience with this plaform and its capabilities is overwhelmingly positive, and these are only small critiques and wish-list items.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mailchimp was the only product considered.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

All-In-One News Latter and Email Marketing Platform

It's a very useful platform for business owners, and it can help to improve the performance of a marketing campaign by giving us some insights about the campaign. It helped me a lot to build a strong repetition and to be able to not spam my customers and let them run away. I wish they can add more features and keep updating this great platform and we will keep talking about it and recommending it to our friends.

Pros

They have a Free plan and I really like it because It allows me to send up to 2000 emails monthly. Very easy to use and the UI is very clean and it's for everyone. Mailchimp Drag and Drop option are great because it's very simple. I really like their Integrations with a wide range of popular platforms. Everything is in one place and you really don't need any other Platforms. I can create and build a contact list for my marketing campaigns/promotions and to reach out to my customers. It allows me to automate my emails and get an analysis of the performance of my campaigns. They have a lot of templates, and you don't need to create anything from scratch. I'm getting a lot of information about my promotions, and which one is performing very well and this helped me to focus more on some "winning products". They really helped to solve my Marketing problems, and they really helped me to reach my business goals and to build a good repetition and I really can't change it to another platform because my customers already recognize MailChimp emails. They have also, a great support team and they offer a lot of tutorials and blog posts to help us understand how Mailchimp works.

Cons

They can improve their reporting system because it's not accurate sometimes. They can give us more control to build an email automation system. After all, they are doing a great job, and they keep adding some great features and I feel like they are listing to us and giving us what we need exactly for a better experience.

PETER from Mill Pond Music Academy

Industry: Music

Super-Appealing. Informative. Eclectic.

It’s my vehicle for marketing. I can communicate everything I need in one letter to lots of people. I switched to another product because it was connected with my website, but their newsletter features were too difficult for me to learn. I dropped them and demanded my money back. Mail Chimp is the way to go.

Pros

If I can use it, ANYONE can use it! Seriously! I am a music guy with a growing music school. I don’t read directions. Mail Chimp is very intuitive. I can gather all sorts of related information in one attractive newsletter for all my clients, instructors, performers, performances, and theater staff. It allows everyone to see what’s going on, find out more about one or all items, and it’s presented in a way that doesn’t cram a million words and pics into one page.

Cons

Mail Chimp has added tons of features since I started. Along with the added features, the price went up. I only use the newsletter feature but Mail Chimp offers website creation which I’m considering switching to.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mail Chimp was my first choice and is simply intuitive for me.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

GoDaddy (For newsletters) was too difficult to use and I had to demand my money back.

Stephanie from Blue Elephant Creative

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched. As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems. They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.

Jeff from Brixwork Real Estate Marketing Inc.

Industry: Graphic Design

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

Pros

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

Cons

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Ease of interface - much simpler and minimalist interface that non-coding staff on my team can use easily.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Self-hosted solutions are just awful - too much security & maintenance, server tweaks etc. - always use a subscription and pay the monthly fees to best leverage the know-how of those who do it full time. As soon as SaaS solutions became available (Mailchimp, Constant Contact) we sought new options and tried Mailchimp, and was very happy.

Alekhya from Webskysolutions

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

I chose mailchimp over GetResponse because initially i wanted to have a trail with this software for free so that i can get the fully paid version based upon my experience after testing with the trail version. But GetResponse doesnt have a free plan for testing it. But mailchimp allowed me to have a free plan for trail version. I was liking Mailchimp upon trying the free plan with trail version and then purchased the fully paid version currentl for my business.

Ben from The Delta Chi Fraternity, Inc.

A User-Friendly, Cost-Effective Choice

I'm extremely satisfied with MailChimp and I know our company has benefited from it. We're saving money every year while also exceeding the quality we were previously accustomed to.

Pros

When I started at my company, they were using a different email management platform. At the expiration of our contract, I shopped other options and was familiar with MailChimp from use at a previous company. It was, without a doubt, the standout choice. The price, user-friendly interface, and no contract made it leaps and bounds above other options.

Cons

With other email platforms, it usually involved signing a contract or creating some kind of time obligation. As such, I was accustomed to being assigned a day-to-day contact or point person for any of my concerns, questions, etc. With MailChimp, actually speaking to someone without already having an account seemed next to impossible. I think having someone to speak to when setting up a new account would have been nice to make sure we were covering all the bases and starting off on the right foot. That said, they do have support forums that have tons of information, if you're up to reading for an extended period of time.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

The interface and customization were some of the first things to stand out. Beyond that, it came down to best value and not requiring a contract.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

MailChimp was cheaper, easier to use, and didn't require a contract.

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Robust feature set, but overly expensive for startups and developers

Overall, Mailchimp is still one of the best mailing list providers out there. Its broad feature set and ease of use are an amazing help to a new company just getting started. If you're not looking for custom integration or transactional emails, this product is one of the best.

Pros

This is probably the easiest mailing list platform out there. It takes minutes to set up your account and get started sending emails to a list. For developers, the Mailchimp API is a dream. It's incredibly well documented and there are dozens of integrations already built in almost every platform and language to make integration into your software even easier. Contact management is simple with access to things like custom fields in a user's profile. Groups and segments are also easy to manage, though it can be confusing at first since there are multiple ways to segment an audience. There's also an option to do transactional emails through mandrill...but this actually turns out to be an issue when you look at the cost.

Cons

The cost of the product is its main issue. For starters, Mailchimp recently changed its cost structure to include unsubscribed customers as part of the total customers you pay for. That means for a small company with a low customer adoption rate, you either end up spending way more than you want for a small list, or you have to spend way too much time pruning your list constantly to save money. It's a huge waste of time and/or money. The second main issue, and actually the larger issue to me as a developer, is the cost of sending transactional emails. If you want to send your customers a password reset email or a account verification email (both very common in almost all applications) you have to have a paid account AND you have to pay for a chunk of transactional emails. It ends up costing a small company over $30/mth just to send password reset emails through Mailchimp. The cost makes more sense at scale, but this software seems built to get the small guys started. It's really a deal breaker for me.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Ease of use and a great developer API are the primary reasons I choose this product.

Javier from Mateo y Sanz

A must-have to mail marketing

The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pros

Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content. The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Cons

There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience. The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

Eranga from Personal

Mailchimp Review

According to my opinion, the overall experience with Mailchimp is great. If they can resolve above issue I think this application will more great.

Pros

In Mailchimp, they offer 2000 free mail sending capacity for beginners. It helps a lot who newly entire to the marketing carrier. Because of those, more people attracting to the Mailchimp and they continue with payments afterwards. And Mailchimp has the amazing inbuilt facility to design our customized email campaign template manually which other Softwares may not offer. That also attract people to use this application.

Cons

Mailchimp disables the import facility once they detected the high bounce rate from the audience. In that case, people cannot import more emails to the current audience without using manual email adding. Because of that, there is a trend that people show less continuing. So as a solution, if Mailchimp can add a mail verifier part first and add the good once to the audience I think it will help to the users and user may lead to continue without left.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mailchimp can send 2000 mails at a time plus awsome templates and easy to customized and saves the valuable time that making designs for emails.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Because sending mail capacity was 50 at a time.

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

I switched organizations and this one has always used Mailchimp. We have considered other providers, but the cost of switching is very high in terms of time to invest.

Feyisayo from Fabeny Consulting

Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy

My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

Pros

1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer. 2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp 3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent. 4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

Cons

The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Moonsend is new in market and does not have the robust features that I needed.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Get response is out of my budget. The basic plan on getresponse is $15/month while mailchimp is $99.9/month

Noah Eric from Ownit Broadband AB

Excellent marketing system, total control of the platform and campaigns.

The tool has been very good for my work as it has allowed us to meet very important objectives for us in the area of marketing, its great performance is what makes it ideal for meeting all our needs and personally is what I love most about this excellent software.

Pros

Mailchimp is a marketing tool that I have used for a long time and I know it well, the platform is ideal for any kind of company that wants to market with agility, the software allows its users to have a very pronounced growth in a very short period of time which is something very good that offers very few platforms and mailchimp is one of them, Personally I must say that I have placed all my trust in this tool because it allows me to make campaigns with high strength and very good designs, its interface is very practical to work because it shows all its functions easily which allows a very large performance to users when working, offers different templates that are very good to use in different campaigns, in general it is a tool with a great performance with high profitability for people who buy it.

Cons

Milchimp currently requires very few improvements to perfect its operation, the one I would like to see most improved so that it doesn't have limitations is its drag-and-drop option as there are occasions when it limits movement in designs and this is something that has prevented me from editing my designs to my liking on many occasions. This is the only complaint I have with this software so far and I hope my opinion will be taken into account for future improvements.

Tim from Lookwhoo LLC

Industry: Online Media

Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform

Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pros

I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Cons

The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

I chose Mailchimp over alternative platforms because I had some clients who used to use those other platforms and they didn't hold up to the power Mailchimp provided even in their beginning phases. I've been with Mailchimp for quite a long time and know the ins and outs to almost every aspect of their platform. Because of this, I usually will educate my clients why going with Mailchimp is a better solution and have switched many over to utilize all that Mailchimp offers and so far, it's been working beyond expectations.

ESTER from Automotive

Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training

MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pros

I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups. Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard. MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'. You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time. Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Cons

Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

Ankit from Univibe Network Private Limited

Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation

Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pros

Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Cons

The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Ease of use and implementation and the way I was able to customize the marketing automation as per our company needs. The company also has amazing and super fast customer support which helps you in any possible manner even going out of their way.

Ian from Top Roofing Inc.

Good, but could be great.

Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Pros

What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Cons

Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Price and easy-to-use. We have since grown out of Mailchimp.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Klaviyo offers significantly more features, options, and automation.

Eve from Spadora Corporation

Free for the first 250,000 subscribers no cost - must have a mailing address

Positive experience sending emails and letters but you need to have a mailing address a real physical address a po box doesnt count. I guess hoping people do not come to your house is a big deal. I was very scared about having a real location and I was scared random people would show up as they did before at offices to stalk. I guess at this current timene place it's safer to use your real address but many years ago it was not or may not have been. It is important to make sure all your ducks are in a row- your corporation is current for example, the po box or the mailing address is current for example mine wasn't and I saw peoplel at the post office that i would rather not see.

Pros

Mailchimp is pretty easy to use and has increased its features in the last few yeqrs. The first 150,000 to 250,000 subscribers are free and then you pay after so it gives you time to build your fan base. When I used old emails I got reports for using old emails and it got disbanded so I recommend using current email subscribers so there are no surprises - or make sure they know they are signing up for your newsletter inbox. For example we threw an event and I emailed all subscribers but they did not know we were the organizer it was for working women so most unsubscribed. In hindsight I should have had people subscribe or put on a disclaimer that we would market.

Cons

The fact it's so easy to be taken down if you get one negative report. I guess we got a few negative reports and quickly a lot of unsubscribers the first day we emailed a few hundred people from a tales of extraordinary women event. The problem I gu ess you encounter is how to try and get these customers or clients or readers to read your services that I am still working on ideas for how to get people to sign up.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Cost that it was a free product even though the newslettter was not as striking.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Emma created a beautiful design but charged money for each subscription so that is why we moved

Ura from Ura Jae Inspires

Great resource when starting your email list

My overall experience is mostly positive. I'm loyal because Mailchimp gave me the start I needed to build my email list. I'm grateful for the learning experience.

Pros

I like the ability to get up and started fast using the software. It was one of the only platforms that allowed me to start for free at the beginning of running the business. I also like the ability to hold my resources in the library to provide for my customers.

Cons

It's hard to get a stylish form without code or use of a plugin. Some of the processes are difficult to manage even with the guides. I still have not figured out how to create segments from one list. There must be a user-friendly way to create segments than what is available now.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

I started with Mailchimp because my mentor recommended it.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Kajabi and Gist are better at helping me grow my business as a course creator. The software is easy to use saving me time and money. The community is awesome!

Jacob from Voice123

Top Email Marketing Software

I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros

- Easy to set up VERY quickly - WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use - They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc. - Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there - You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time) - It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Best user interface, free for first 2500 contacts, can start sending out emails in literally less than 1 hour of work.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

GetResponse is also a great email marketing software, and DOES have some extra functionalities like SMS automation that is not included (at least as far as I am concerned) with MailChimp, however the user interface is far less comfortable and logging in to my account sometimes was even very buggy.

Jeremiah from Colorado Glasses

My Go-to for email marketing

Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable. I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros

Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes. Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money. Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection. More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons

In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love: 1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans. 2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point). 3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts). As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Ultimately it was the free plan that made me choose Mailchimp. None of the other platforms gave me lifetime free usage for a smaller number of subscribers.

Greg from New Frame Creative

Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing

Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

Pros

The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

Cons

Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Initially it was because we liked the interface for building emails... it was easier to style them the way we wanted to. As time has passed though, we've seen that the features available in Mailchimp far exceed those available in Constant Contact.

Dayley from Nam Fah Sai Co Ltd

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A safe option

I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pros

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Cons

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

MailChimp was my first choice. However I later switched to Klaviyo due to it having more features. But After using Klaviyo for nearly a year, their team had no intentions to update their Wordpress plugin which was causing peoples websites to run slowly, and their plugin was very buggy. So I returned to using MailChimp was is the safer solution.

Alex from Tiger Marketing

Simple to use, intuitively designed and good value!

We've used MailChimp for years with our clients. We generally choose it as the best option because many clients like to control their email marketing at certain times and they often don't have time to waste - MailChimp has a relatively short learning curve compared to alternatives and it's easy on the eye. In that sense, it offers the best of both worlds, for us and for our clients (though as mentioned, the lack of robust automation and easy to follow automation flows hold it back slightly)

Pros

- Email builder is incredibly easy to use and offers lots of functionality that's easy to grasp with a quick learning curve - Able to create social adverts, forms, landing pages and send direct mail all from your account - it's becoming more an all-in-one marketing platform than ever with new features and changes seemly every few months - Strong integration support makes it easy to connect most commonly used services like Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey and eCom platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce - Easy to understand reporting that clients are able to digest quickly - It's free with limited features, but they're generally perfectly adequate for non-power users and a small database of fewer than 2000 people - Customer support guides are aplenty - there's lots of literature on every topic and it's very comprehensive - Erm, 'MailChimp Presents...' - they make their own original streamable documentary shows now - and it's actually decent!

Cons

- Automations are relatively basic when considering this as automation software - alternatives like ActiveCampaign are more robust in this area, especially when it comes to complex rules and automation flow visuals - Lack of someone to speak to when things are going wrong - you're pretty much on your own with the guides available (perfectly fine when you're IT-savvy, not so much when you aren't!)

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Simplicity for both time-strapped clients who need to use it themselves at times, strong support documentation (despite lack of real human support) and wide integration options.

Trevor from Disruptive Advertising

A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing

I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

Pros

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Cons

Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

We still use Klaviyo a lot (and love it) but for the business that is just getting started in email marketing, Klaviyo's cost is too high and it comes with features that likely won't be needed in Year 1.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Mailchimp was both cheaper, and more robust for what we needed. Additionally, the Constant Contact revenue tracking (through custom UTMs per campaign) was a mess.

Geoff from PrimeRates Holdings, LLC

Easy to get started, still needs some additional features

I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros

I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons

I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Again, pricing and easier integrations with my tech stack.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Cheaper and easier to integrate.

Nate from Ivie

Mailchimp is the end all be all...

Mailchimp has allowed me to not only grow both my business' engaged clientele base, but also fans of my music and label! It's also allowed me to provide campaigns and reporting for my clients that are easy to understand and digest. With just social, it can be hard to cut through the saturation, but with email marketing, you're going directly to your Interested audience and able to create incentive for them to not only continue to engage, but to share with others. It's been truly amazing.

Pros

The ease of use is off the charts. Aside from that, their pre-fab templates help you get you to market quickly, amazing analytics, integrations and flexibility, and incredible resources to help you learn and become an ESP pro. They make it easy to grow your audience with pop-up forms that can be integrated on your website, or separately, and make it a good point to stick to industry regulations. They're the most robust ESP on the market, and you shouldn't use anything else. Plus, their branding is just fun, and every now and then, they'll do something special for their customers (i.e. free socks and swag).

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about Mailchimp. So long as they continue to grow the integrations and capacity to link with outside vendors and applications, they'll continue to rule the market.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

I loved their brand, to start, and found the user experience to be just phenomenal. However, it ended up being for far more than that - much of which I've mentioned above.

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mostly convenience, ease of use, and price. Also because I had a lot of experience using the product at a previous job.

Laura from Parent School Organization

An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!

My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros

I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons

I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Four years ago when I began using this product, the startup process was easy and quick. Importing my initial audience was important. The growth of new audience members was not important as I had a closed audience of families in our school district. MailChimp quickly and effortlessly brought our Parent Organization communications to the district families from an series of email chains through classroom "room parents" to one centralized "voice" of our organization, which was timely, consistent and professional.

Doru from Ivatherm

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business. First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok. Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary. Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Ease of usage, cost.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Better functionality, ease of usage, friendly interface

Ian from SCW

Industry: Security and Investigations

Solid Tool for Email Marketing

My overall experience with Mailchimp was a positive one. It worked well with our CRM, and was well supported by their sales and service teams. We used Mailchimp to drive email marketing efforts and, in turn, drive inbound leads and software demo requests. It was incredibly successful, as the company has continued to grow throughout our time of using mailchimp. Additionally, we saw an increase in inbound leads each month over the first 12 months of using Mailchimp. While the send and contact restriction did cause some frustration and delays, the overall experience was quite positive. I would recommend Mailchimp to other companies.

Pros

What I liked most about Mailchimp was it's ease of use (for our applications) and the company's customer service. It was very easy to use Mailchimp in conjunction with our CRM, HubSpot to help our email marketing efforts. We would sort, export, and download targeted lists of customers from HubSpot and upload those lists to Mailchimp. This process was incredibly easy and allowed us to be more efficient and timely with our email marketing campaigns. Additionally, any time we had any questions or issues about Mailchimp, their customer service and sales teams were always incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the pricing plan restrictions. My software company had a very, very large customer and prospect base. We targeted many different markets with a large number of people within each organization. Our software could be used by entire companies, so reaching out to many different decision makers or users was an effective marketing strategy. However, the pricing plans restricted us to a certain number of sends and contacts per month. We often found ourselves having to meet to discuss where we were going to make cuts to our email marketing efforts, which took away time from being productive. We essentially had to ration our sends on a monthly basis, because we did not see the value in the price increase for more sends. Although it would have helped our company operationally, it would have been too expensive. I feel they need to increase the number of contacts and sends for each pricing plan.

Lisandro from E-learning

Mailchimp is behind the competition

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pros

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Cons

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

Randi from Randam LLC

Mailchimp is my go to for newsletter marketing especially for setting up a new business

Mailchimp overall is the easiest newsletter service. They connect with with websites such as Mailchimp and Shopify which are pillars in the industry. The plugins I have to use are simple to install. At times other newsletter services are more difficult to connect with a website. I start all my clients up with Mailchimp and they are all very pleased. Your interface is simple enough for a beginner to catch on to, but now with your growing features a real whiz can get in there and create a robust email marketing experience.

Pros

I've been using Mailchimp since I think Mailchimp was invented. Mailchimp is way easier to use than most of the other newsletters services out there. It's easy to import your lists, set multiple kinds of audience lists. I like that you're keeping up with the other services and added automations and tags. I find it very easy to build nice looking newsletters too. I always start any of my clients with Mailchimp first. You're the most user friendly interface. Pro-free to start under a certain number of subscribers too! You now have most if not all of the features a growing organization with a deep marketing strategy would need.

Cons

My biggest cons was that I found originally years ago you did not have all the features thatsome of the other competitors had. AWeber had better automative responses/ journeys/scheduling capabilities that your service years ago did not offer. So when I started with you I did have times when I did have to switch softwares for growing clients who had other needs. You now have those features so I find I can start with Mailchimp and stick with you now for the long haul.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

Mailchimp is always my go to. The main reason: I find you're the easiest interface, it's fast/easy for me to setup and to make nice looking emails.

A Necessary Tool for a 21st Century Business that's Reasonably Easy to Use, with Great Support

We are required to send out newsletters to our investors (over 800 of them), and this had made it easy to design good-looking emails. And you can save templates, etc., to use over and over and modify them each time. We've never had a technical problem with it, although we've had issues with 3rd party apps and linked software connecting to Mailchimp. But I contacted their support and they were able to help me fix the issue, even though it wasn't their own software! I thought that was nice of them. They could've said "That's not our app, so we can't help you," but they didn't -- they walked me through a fix.

Pros

It has to be their support chat function and their useful Help articles. I did not get into my business so that I could run mail marketing software, so I appreciate anything that helps ease the learning curve. Email marketing is a necessary evil, and Mailchimp lessens the unpleasantness considerably. With no prior experience, we got up and running quickly. (We tried a few of these apps, and this one seemed the easiest.) It's complicated running email campaigns and newsletters, but once we mastered a few basics, I was very happy with the results. And it scales up as you grow. When our mailing list grew, it did not become exponentially harder to use. They offer a lot of bells and whistles that we don't need/use, but our emails look good and are easy to compose, adding graphics, etc. It automates a lot of repetitive tasks for you -- like your footer and address, etc. And we've never had a problem getting reported as spam. And this may seem minor, but I like the whimsical nature of the occasional chimp graphics. Don't get me wrong -- this is work, not play, but it's nice to see a little chimp every once in a while when you complete certain tasks. Business is hard, so a little levity along with the functionality is welcome.

Cons

The price! It gets expensive quickly. I guess the upside to that is it makes you hone your marketing so you are profitable. You have to cut out waste and hone your mailing list so that it's more efficient. And from my research, the other programs cost about the same. I don't mind paying for ease-of-use, but I wish they would explain "cleaning" and "archiving" and other functions that would help me get my monthly costs down. I'm not planning on jumping ship anytime soon, but if they raise their prices again (they just raised them recently), then I will be gone.

Easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

Mailchimp was easier and suited our needs more. Also friends recommended it.

Emeka from Haptics Nigeria

MailChimp made email marketing very easy and cheap

I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's been so amazing. It's so amazing that I've adopted it as the email marketing software of choice even when I'm teaching my digital marketing students. Being very easy to learn, easy to use, and also free to start, I've kept recommending it to people. It's such an awesome software.

Pros

MailChimp is an email marketing software. I so much love this software for so many reasons. These reasons include: 1. Easy to learn: MailChimp was the very first email marketing software I used. Even though I was only a newbie in email marketing when I started using it, it was so easy for me to learn. 2. Easy to use: Using MailChimp for email marketing is very easy. It has templates that only need to be edited to give beautiful email outlook. There's no need to do html coding of the email - this could have needed some technical know-how. 3. Landing Page Builder: With MailChimp I'm able to build landing pages for products. I didn't need a website to build a landing page. I used MailChimp for that. 4. Facebook Integration: It's possible to Integrate Facebook to MailChimp. This is very easy. No programming knowledge is required. By integrating Facebook to MailChimp, it was very easy to run Facebook adverts for custom and lookalike audiences using my email subscribers list. It's also easy to run Facebook adverts with lead generation objective right from MailChimp. 5. Free to start: Something very beautiful about MailChimp is that it can allow a user to have up to 2,000 subscribers, and be able to send up to 12,000 emails per month on the free mode. This was very helpful as I never had to spend any money on email marketing for my startup. MailChimp helped me save cost. 6. Analytics: MailChimp have provision for email analytics. This helped me measure some metrics.

Cons

Not withstanding all those benefits, I have some things I don't like about MailChimp. 1. Affiliate marketing: I'm also an affiliate marketer. I've read that MailChimp is not very kind to affiliate marketers. They imposed a very strict measure on the type of product to be marketed. This has made me not to consider it in my affiliate marketing venture. 2. Cost on the long run: Another thing is that after a business has exceeded the 2,000 subscribers, or 12,000 emails per month benchmark on the free mode, one will have to purchase a package to keep using the software. Apart from those two cons, MailChimp is generally an awesome email marketing software.

Erin from The Seeing Place Theater

Industry: Performing Arts

Worth it for any company starting out

I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

Pros

I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

Cons

I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software. I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

Reasons for Choosing MailChimp

We decided to use Mailchimp primarily because of the price structure. We have less than 500 names and it seemed silly not to try Mailchimp.

Reasons for Switching to MailChimp

We didn't feel we were getting more value for the price point than we would get from Mailchimp.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 14,017 reviews