• Pros

• "It is easy to use. When we first started implementing it, there was a lot of assistance with set-up and training."

• "Matrixcare is user friendly. Very easy to find what you need quickly."

• "I used this software while working as a discharge planner in a nursing home. It was easy in terms of documentation. "

• Cons

• "Some aspects of reporting, setting up features, or making changes are cumbersome. Security templates are too rigid especially for smaller facilities where staff overlap in functions."

• "Occasionally system glitches as well as needs a comment or additional note section for each resident"

• "Some areas could use an update to help improve communication with other employees/vendors/physicians through their internal message system. "

Browse MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software Reviews

Daniella from Parkdale Manor

"Allows for less errors in care"

Makes giving report quicker which means more time to take care of residents

Pros

Gives you multiple choice questions and answers for each resident leaving little room for errors in care

Markus from Healthcare Management Services

Thankful we went with MatrixCare

Excellent and very responsive!

Pros

It is very comprehensive and meets all of our clinical, admission, census, and billing needs. The BEST part is MatrixCare is always upgrading and improving as the needs change, changes are not based on what programmers think would be cool, changes and improvements are all based on the input and feedback from users! Implementation process was AMAZING!!! Full road map provided to implement system, ongoing support throughout process, customized to our needs, and full optimization review at the end to determine what needs greater focus to maximize.

Cons

I really have n0 complaints regarding the product or services.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Point Click Care engaged us frequently as if there were no options and their product was superior, they never fully understood who we were as a customer and we felt that we were to bend to meet their expectations. In the end, the Implementation Plan/Proposal was clearly a differentiator and it ended up being critical for our success.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

At the time, we felt our current product and options were not keeping up with where the needs were going.

Rachel from Eastern Star Home of Illinois

Some Lost and Some Gained

MatricCare works and meets our needs. The size of our building makes the cumbersome parts of MatrixCare that frustrate me not as big of a deal. If I were a larger building, I would be extremely frustrated if I had any experience with some of the other softwares at just how much back and forth there is with this software.

Pros

Customer Service is where MatricCare shines. Our representative follow up is second to none. if we have any questions, they are answered, and answered timely. Great options for uploading documents and growth capability.

Cons

I feel that compared to other softwares, the 'basics'... maybe even the basics that we took for granted before, are markedly more difficult. For example... want to come in and look at everything charted for the last 24 or 72 hours to make sure you're not missing anything and everything is running well and followed up on? That was a click of a button before. Now that isn't possible. Need to chart the same one sentence on every patient? That was amazingly simple prior... now it is an extra 2-3 clicks per patient, per note... and while that may seem trivial, those add up!

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

I was not a part of the decision, so I can't say. As i love the corporation and our service providers, I would guess these individuals and their responsiveness was a huge part of the decision making process.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

I switched softwares when i switched buildings....

Chris from Salt River Community Care

Good review

We have had good overall experience with the program. It is easy for one user to teach another user the functions needed for their daily tasks.

Pros

Cons

The price keeps going up. There may be features added that we are unaware of and could be using. Some employees have a need to have multiple log-ins due to not being able to access certain features with their original templates. It is difficult to go back and set-up new forms or change forms. There are very few staff left at our facility that know how to navigate this process.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

We like the set-up better and ease of finding things. Easy to learn to use.

ROSEMARIE from PIGEON FALLS HEALTH CARE CENTER

Matrix reveiw

I am satisfied with Matrix. I find it easy to move around in the system. I have a lot of rights as the administrator of the facility, so I can see what is new and available.

Pros

all discipline's progress notes are in one place. I can get the picture of the resident in one place. It has observations and events. They assist in getting a clear picture for completing the MDS. Our organization is an Institute for Mental Disease, IMD, 2 smaller nursing homes and assisted livings. Our needs are diverse. Matrix can accommodate the different needs within the organization. We can customize observations, etc. I have given feed back to other organizations thinking about changing to Matrix.

Cons

The piecemeal costs. I am a small facility within a larger organization. I run a 37 bed SNF. As a smaller facility, it is hard to sell the cost, if the rest of the organization doesn't need the particular add on.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

the organization started Matrix in my SNF as a trial. It was initially considered for the functionality and ability to obtain the data in such a way that filling out the MDS was done most accurately.

Elizabeth from Homestead Health Center

MatrixCare Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Homestead has had a very satisfying experience with MatrixCare. As our facility accesses the newer aspects of MatrixCare, we find functionality for options which may not have been available in earlier versions of the software.

Pros

Using MatrixCare for over 15 years, I find it is very user friendly and easy to train. It provides our facility with the access and information needed to care for our residents. Customer support is very professional and promptly addresses issues we may experience.

Susan from Health Concepts

Best software for SNF LTC

MatrixCare has been one of the best software solutions for our organization.

Pros

The company is forward thinking and works to best tailor the product to the current regulatory needs of the SNF

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Overall the product had a much better flow and easy to instruct and learn from all levels of technical ability.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Needed to partner with a solution that was headed in the same technology direction that we were.

Laurence from Valley View

One Platform

Fantastic experience and history with MatrixCare

Pros

We will soon be adding Mealtracker and Accounting functionality which will allow us to have medical records and these other functions all on one platform.

Cons

Can't think of anything, the functionality of product works for us.

Healthcare Documentation Review

In our line of work, which is healthcare, nurses do a lot of documentation, which is the legal way to do it, but due to the stress of trying to finish their documentation, they forget the real essence of nursing, which is patient care. Quality patient care is not provided when nurses have to worry about documentation and whether or not they will finish charting on time.

Pros

What I like most about MatrixCare is that you can just answer specific questions that are relevant to your line of work and you don't have to worry about the irrelevant questions. You just save your answers and your tasks are done!

Cons

What I do not like about this software is that they have to put a lot of questions in there instead of simplifying it --- although we do not have to answer all of them, I think it is a waste of time and effort putting them there in the first place.

Elizabeth from Lincoln Tech

I felt ok using this software.

No real benefits

Pros

The ability to upload patient pictures made it easier to identify them when giving medication. Especially fror those nurse who did not know the patients.

Cons

Difficult to locate what you needed to review. No easy way to pull up just the orders though when you did find them, the order sheets were very detailed.

Michael from Whitney Oaks Care Center

Serves its purpose for my field

Good, serves its purpose, but would like to see an upgraded version, more user friendly with drop down menus.

Pros

Cons

Some features are not available on the care planning option such as drop down menus. In addition, trying to get specific things narrowed down by category is not easy, or simply not possible on this version. Also, the services would drop more often than should be expected, causing inconvenience while trying to work.

Lisa from Clearview

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

after the sales pitch, very frustrating

I would not recommend this product to anyone. MatrixCare has taken our facility back 10 years. Normal daily functions are split because very little is able to be accomplished at a corporate level but have to be accomplished facility by facility (we have 7 facilities!!!), so many of our reports that need to be run week by week are taking us 7 times longer.

Pros

Very little...but I do have to say that their staff try really hard to fix problems. Unfortunately, most of whom I've spoken with do not have the rights to correct most of the issues that I call in for.

Cons

We are unable to customize to our needs, and if customization is needed, it will happen ONLY if other facilities request the same "customization". Getting and keeping users in the system is next to impossible with the built in requirements by MatrixCare. We have been working with their customer service for almost a year on 2 different problems we've experienced from the start, beginning this past Feb., still working on it. We were promised, not once but SEVERAL times during the sales pitch that updates would be 10-15 minutes and extremely unnoticeable...in less than a year our NOC shift has had over 50 HOURS of downtime because of all of the (4 HOUR) updates. Sometimes updates are run not once, but several times a month, each at 4 hours downtime.

Jennifer from Westerly Health Center

Userfriendly!

Pros

Matrixcare is user friendly. Very easy to find what you need quickly.

Cons

There's not current ability to sign documents. I think this is coming, but would be helpful with agreements, ect.

Craig from Wear LTC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

MatrixCare Review

Pros

We deal with if through an interface with our LTC Pharmacy software. It is pretty intuitive and works well with our system.

Cons

We often have interface issues with the VPN not working. We don't have issues with our other software interfaces. This is changing this quarter, so hopefully it will be better.

David from Kings Harbor

Satisfied customer

Pros

Ability to insure regulatory requirements met.

Cons

Report writer could be more powerful. Ability to track accidents and incidents

Matt from Viaquest

Need more features

I like it and would recommend this software for its ease of use

Pros

It is really easy to use and to navigate once you get used to it. Screens are not cluttered and “clean.”

Cons

It would be much more helpful if I could drill down with the searches like “show me all patients belonging to nurse “x”

Tanya from Mercyhealth System

This is an easy to use program.

Pros

The training built into the software is excellent and the application itself is simple to use.

Cons

I would love to see customizable security template builds available within the software.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare - Skilled Nursing Facility Software

Ability to customize the application to fit our needs.

September 2015

Julie from Augustana Care

September 2015

We transitioned from one EHR to MatrixCare. The best transition I have experience in my career

The MatrixCare clinical software is very end user friendly and fairly simple to maintain. Good solid advice and foundational work in the clinical build was essential. The reporting capability far exceeds what other products offer in my experience. All MatrixCare staff from the Account Manager, to PM staff, Clinical Education staff and development staff are exceptional in customer service and knowledge of their software resulting in best practices and software design. I do hope that given development on the financial software that we can move to a totally integrated system some day in the future.

Tammy from Rockdale Healthcare Center

Great System

Provides a great solution for our care setting needs. Very user friendly

Pros

Ease of the product, great clinical support

Cons

None. The software meets all of our expectations.