• Pros

• "It's very user friendly and has all the qualities we are looking for when running billing. "

• "The product is very reliable and is extremely customizable to your company needs. The support team is very responsive."

• "It integrates seamlessly across different departments. Customer support is great and seems to listen to feedback."

• Cons

• "It freezes frequently but not sure if it is from the server but we use cloud. The support staff can't tell you exactly what happened when you have some problem but they are good in resolving it."

• "There are many features available to make data entry easier and more efficient, however, current staff were not employed when initial training was done. The Help feature is not easy to navigate."

• "Hardly any cons I can think of. The only small thing is the font size. "

Browse MatrixCare Life Plan Community Reviews

Paula from Heritage

A good partnership

We have made a great difference in our documentation and our careplans with AOD . I do a lot of teaching with this system and enjoy it

Pros

Once a person is using the software they generally have no problems. It has many areas that are useful in LTC. When I put in a issue the response is fantastic and I have learned a lot from support. I liked the last webinar because it focused on LPC not Matrix care which helps a lot.

Cons

Need more ability to change the system on this end. Makes for faster fixing things. If I get someone on the phone with someone who does not know LPC it makes for misunderstandings as they do not understand that we do not have all the same feature.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

easier to use more options in program

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Kept losing data from that system

Jennifer from Masonic Care Community of NY

Years of Use

In the years we have used the software there have been some great updates, some state/federal updates, but no matter what issues come up support is always willing to listen and re-teach when needed.

Pros

MatrixCare LPC is generally easy to use and implement. Contains most if not all of what a CCRC will need to run their business.

Cons

There are some clunky issues integrating different companies. For example even if a resident has an active admission in one company a discharge in a separate company will cancel all resident appointments. Another example would be even though profiles are shared, some attachments are not like hospital records, which would have to be uploaded in two different areas or downloaded and emailed to another part of the campus/etc.

Reasons for Switching to MatrixCare Life Plan Community

We switched from CareTracker and Comet when we first implemented MatrixCare for our Nursing Facility. MatrixCare has and easier way to track census data, billing, Point of Care, MDS and more. We were able to implement a lot more useful things like user defined forms and scheduling.

John from the Hearthstone

Review for MatrixCare-LPC

While it would be nice to be able to pick up the phone and call them (sometimes) they are pretty responsive via email. It would be nicer to have more access to them during evenings (I'm on the west coast) and maybe Saturday or Sunday. The one or 2 times I've had to call them after hours for an emergency they have been very qucik to respond, and the person that responded was the person who was able to assist straight away.

Pros

When we had all aspects of our business been run through it (EHR,HR, Payroll, A/R, A.P. GL, POS) it was easy to administer as there is only one spot to setup, now that we have other systems its getting a bit more convoluted!

Cons

More robust POS with a better GUI (we did use Retail tracker for a number of years) The GUI for the Med records could be more user friendly/intuitive! Pricing is on the high side, I do see they have come out with a "tier" system which may benefit us a bit better.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Well its been 20 years since that decision was made, I don't think the application has weathered well over those 20 years, not when we are using applications that have been developed with the web in mind from the ground up.

Charlene from Woodlands Retirement Community

MatrixCare LPC Review

Overall using MatrixCare has been a good experience. They are working to update the software in many areas to keep up with the market. When you have an issue technical support is quick to respond and try to help resolve the problem. The bad side of that is if technical cannot fix the problem immediately it gets passed on to research and you seldom get updated on the progress from there on.

Pros

I like that it encompasses all of the facets of our businesses. It includes demographics, the medical chart, financial, point of sale and inventory. With Matrix you can have one software package that feeds information into other modules which reduces double entry and possible errors.

Cons

There are areas of the software that need to be upgraded. There are functions that are needed that have not been written into the programming so you have to find other ways of supplying data to your users or it will take them five key clicks when two should be enough.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Again, the integration of the software between clinical and financial made it the obvious choice for our business.

Kimberly from The Village of Gainesville (North Florida Retirement Village)

Matrix Care at The Village

We haven't realized the benefits quite yet. Too early. Poor training. Poor implementation, partially due to Covid. Difficult software to self teach even with the computer resources.

Pros

We are new to using My Chart in AL and MS. We like the ease of documenting for the CNAs. A perfect way to capture all the needed information.

Cons

We don't know what we don't know. Poor training plan and implementation. We are not utilizing the platform to its full potential and paying a lot of money. Difficult to navigate from certain screens to the next. Not a big fan.

Reasons for Choosing MatrixCare Life Plan Community

Corporate decision. Already using AOD for financial component.

Donna from Falcons Landing

Accounting Manager review

My overall experience is positive. The support staff is very knowledgeable and is to contact with issues that arise. They are also helpful when I need reports and at times have had to create reports. Training new employees on the software is relatively easy as well. I also like the ability to review documents prior to updating, to ensure all is done correctly.

Pros

The Matrix system is easy to use. I was not here when it was originally started. I have now been using it for 16 years. The modules work together well. When the Census is updated the billing software is tied together to make the process easy. I like being able to drill down and find details in the General Ledger. I like the updates are usually smooth.

Cons

We don't use all the features, as there are so many. We had thought about utilizing the payroll piece, but decided against it when it came to find out we would be responsible for filing the taxes. The only thing I find frustrating is that 2 people can't be on a record at the same time. I have to wait for someone to close before I can review and discuss issues.

Mesfin from Vinson Hall LLC

Billing, CIP and Fixed Assets modules

Very helpful and quick support personnel. They make life easy.

Pros

Billing:- I use 1st/3rd party and using it since 2013 and so far don't have major problem using and exploring it. CIP and Fixed Assets:- The CIP is just for recording the data. Other than that anything you want to do with the data you have to save it and do it in Excel. It needs to include some features to get reports by projects and be able to transfer the data to fixed assets instead of doing manual journal entries which is time consuming.

Laurie from Butterfield Trail Village

Pro's and Con's of MatrixCare Life Plan Community

We enjoy having everything on one platform eliminating the need to import and export all the time.

Pros

One of the things I like most about MatrixCare is the All-In-One software platform. You can go from producing Year-End Financials to scheduling a ballast replacement to adding a Payroll bonus to billing a resident for wound care in seconds all within the same software.

Cons

The item I like least about the software is the ability to find easy answers to "How to..." questions. It is very frustrating when looking for answers on the Community Support or Help sites, they are NOT user friendly. I don't want to read 100 blog entries in order to figure out I should probably watch one these 15 video's to figure out which one I need.

andrew from PREOK

one stop shop

ive been using the MC LPC system in some form (AIM,AAOD,AOD,MC) for nearly 20 years. ive seen it evolve and conform to the industry unlike any other platform out there. I have been a member of the CAB since it began and seen the work of that team change the software positively many times.

Pros

my favorite thing about the software is that it simply does more, more than any other package, to truly move to a paper free environment MC LPC is the product that gets you there. also the customization and relationship of the vendor and the client.

Cons

because of the amount of data, the system will frequently not run at a decent pace for the users. this causes some discord with the users. better reporting would be the only want/need

Jennifer from Jennings

LPC Review

We are trying to make it easier for the staff to document all that is needed while spending as much time as they can with the residents.

Pros

The ability to write ID notes from all over the system and the ability to be in something, but use a link to review other information and then go right where you left off.

Cons

The physician order module to remove the time codes and make it easier for staff to remember to add information to an order. We implemented years ago and set up the system with the best practices at that time. Seeing now how some companies are doing things can be frustrating. I wish we would have a best practices for now explained and someone to help keep up with this.

Leah from Westhills Village

Overall, a good product

Customer service is exceptional and they have a fantastic number of experts that can assist with your questions and even with brainstorming different setups in the software.

Pros

We operate a life planning community with the need for facility management in both licensed and unlicensed settings. We like the operability across all of our level of care and the ability for the patient chart to stay within one software.

Cons

Integrations with other software products are very expensive. They offer a number of other software solutions for needs such as retail sales, meal tracking, etc. that are not fully integrated.

Grace from Epoch Senior Living

After you understand this software inside out, it's such an awesome product.

I was able to do my job very quickly. It's hard to use at first, but I really loved using it after I understood it well. It's very organized as well. I wish I knew how to make software like this.

Pros

- Organized - Flexible in types of reports you want to run - Support team is great - You can use it anywhere as long as you have Internet

Cons

- Some of the calculations were incorrect, so you have to make extra steps to make it work properly - Some features, that made it very easy to use, like for rate increases, you need to buy them, otherwise it would take hours to find the residents that are up for a rate increase.

Chantele from Special Tree Rehabilitation System

LPC Community

My overall experience with Matrixcare Life Plan Community has been incredible. I really like the how to documents and the webinars. The platform is a great tool for resources needed for training newly onboarding staff members.

Pros

One of the features that is most impactful about the platform is the data analytics. The ability to do a dip dive into the data is awesome.

Cons

The feature that I feel could be improved on would how the system lags sometimes. As the clinical system administrator, I receive calls from end users often complaining about the slowness of the system.

Linda from Immanuel

MatrixCare -LPC

The experience has been very good.

Pros

Matrixcare LPC is user friendly and has a lot of features that are useful across all levels of care -AL,IL,MS etc. It has good reporting as well within the software and the team also has the ability to assist with custom reporting as well. The customer support is also very good.

Cons

Currently with our organization, Matrixcare does not work with Single Sign On, as opposed to other softwares that we are using. It is another extra password to remember.

Kate from Deerfield Episcopal Retirement Community, Inc.

MatrixCare has many great features but is not a super intuitive software

Mostly positive. We were with the former AOD that was purchased by MatrixCare. I think they are currently going through some growing pains.

Pros

It is a very robust software that has many features that we are continuing to learn.

Cons

For the accounting portion, the reporting section is lacking. I would also like for them to work on the print function. You have to select a printer before it will build a report....I would prefer to build the report and then get to choose where I would like for it to print.

Debbie from Crandall Medical Center

User friendly

We have a great relationship with the team and appreciate their quick communication when needed.

Pros

The ability to progress through the program with ease is do important in a busy medical building. Our nurses are busy caring for patients and appreciate the user friendly product we provide for them.

Cons

The software could be better in the area of physician orders entries which I s as m hoping is coming in the next update.

KIM from butterfield trail village

MatrixCare Review

Excellent. Highly recommend the annual conference also. Very educational. Best service and experience.

Pros

Customer Service and Support is excellent. They are very responsive and help to customize the software to our business needs. Client Care Community is very helpful.

Cons

Report writing functionality could be more user friendly. Speed on the Cloud can be slow when running reports.

Megan from Presbyterian SeniorCare Network

MatrixCares

I am very comfortable using this product, and I appreciate having access to updates and training.

Pros

I use a lot of the reports in my role. The doc codes make charting easier. Ability to do mass order entry and mass ID note entry makes our jobs easier.

Cons

The links are finicky. The speed could be improved.

MatrixCare One, data analytics, and it met our Network's needs

Amanda from Salemtowne

Matrix LPC

Pros

Ability to retrieve patient data with ease. Our CNAs are able to easily enter their documentation after a reasonable orientation to the software.

Anne from Whitney Center

Good Software with Some Ease of Use Problems

Pros

This software has great potential capabilities for the Business Office of a LIfePlan Community. They are continually improving the product and their service is top notch.

Cons

There are too many places that you need to duplicate data in multiple screens for the finance pieces of operations to work correctly.

Colleen from Goodwin House Incorporated

Great comprehensive software

Pros

-Answers has solutions to meet most of our needs as a CCRC. -The Answers team always listens and explores ideas. I actually feel as though I help to make Answers better when my idea is accepted. -The Answers team actively seeks interoperability opportunities and works hard to get them up and running. -The customer service is terrific.

Cons

I don't have many things that I don't like. For me, the biggest problem I have is that there are so many ways to use Answers that getting everything into practice is a continuous process. That is a good problem though.

Candice from The Culpeper

opinion of a user

Pros

As more modules become automated it is nice.

Cons

There are many functions that take a lot of "clicks" to complete a task. There are some things functionally that if you make a small mistake you are unable to back track and fix it, like infection tracking and TITO.

Kim from Cross Keys Village - The Brethren Home Community

Very happy with this software

I am very happy that you are keeping the LPC module separate from the Skilled Nursing module

Pros

Their billing program & financial program are very easy to use.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes of this software

Akia from Penick Village

Pros

Helpful support when needed about changes to the software.

Cons

The updates and changes should be emailed to the facilities that use the software.

Marcia from Presbyterian SeniorCare Network

Industry: Information Services

Pros

Reports, the Smart chart where you can see everything.

Cons

The many clicks you have to do to print, especially a face sheet.

Kirstie from El Castillo

User Friendly

Pros

Ease of use. Nurses can problem solve easily.

Cons

Updates can be a little clunky. New features can be confusing.

Joanne from The Hearthstone

Lovely Software

Great! I enjoy coming to work and using MatrixCare LPC. The support team when I run into problems have been super helpful too.

Pros

Cons

Hardly any cons I can think of. The only small thing is the font size.

Pamela from Cantata Adult Life Services

June 2015

A software that meets all your business and documentation needs

Pros

Cons

I think that customers aren't always educated to the depth of the power that this software holds and that leads to customer frustrations.

A program with lots of potential

Pros

The program is diverse and is implemented across our campus in various different areas such as nursing dietary and our deli.

Cons

The program could be polished a bit more for the end user. Sometimes problems become a bit complicated

Patricia from Creekside

User Friendly

Could enter and take off orders for nursing staff to see

Pros

Ease of Use-taught myself to use program in one afternoon

Cons

No specific program for nurse practitioner or Physician assistant

Trish from Shell Point

MatrixCare review

that it is "clunky" and old fashioned but gets the job done

Pros

I like audit trails and would like to have with other pieces of the software.

Cons

Too many screens to go through to get what you want. Favorites helps, but would prefer less clicks. I think we have not fully implemented nursing pieces that may help, but this is their biggest complaint. Order entry with mart time code and then entering vitals on emars are the other complaints. I think sometimes where to build items or turn on items is not always intuitive

NA

Jennifer from Salemtowne

MDS

It has not been a good experience. I have use other software that is much more user friendly.

Pros

I like the feature that allows update of the nursing assistant care guide from within care plan, even though often

Cons

The software is difficult to navigate, many steps to get to what I need. Support is not always timely. It is difficult to customize the product after having it for a while ( not initial set up). I can not transmit to CMS directly from the software.

Stacy from CRSS

Overall Very Pleased

Pros

Using this in a CCRC setting, I like the ability to transfer a profile from one level of care to the other.

Cons

Although a profile will transfer between levels of care, some documentation will not. It means you have to upload some things twice.

July 2015

Rick from Francis E Parker Mem Home

July 2015

Excellent product; be wary of costs

Pros

Excellent product and services; very responsive to issues and requests for enhancements.

Cons

Can be very pricey, especially for organizations in growth mode. Working on enterprise pricing model; hopefully this would address.

Nikki from Genacross Lutheran Services

MatrixCare Life Plan Community reviews

Pros

Some features are user friendly, the flow of information to enter is easy to follow

Cons

Doing Retros… Doesn't seem to always pull and correct all the information, the cloud is slow at times and kicks you out.

MatrixCare

This is our main software to manage cases. It is helpful in some ways but cumbersome in most ways.

Pros

All client's information is in one place. Able to filter by names and other categories to make things easier to find.

Cons

It is cumbersome to use. Not able to customize the view. Lots of error popups that are disruptive and unnecessary

Jordan from Penick Village

Robust but Pricy.

Pros

Cons

The software is a little overwhelming. You really have to train and meet regularly in order to use it to its fullest potential. It is very time consuming and costly and is not customizable.

May 2014

M. from Skilled care facility

May 2014

Please don't purchase this!!!!!

Overall the program has one great feature--being able to chart in mar/tar for a specific time period for a specific group. It's too bad it just doesn't work. It freezes or shuts down constantly. "Sort table" and "Range" boxes flash constantly. If tech support is needed (which is nearly every week upon update), you have to pay. As far as ease of use, the newest update is a mess. Instead of a generic home page where I can see a list of names with different tabs, I have to select a name first, wait 10 to 40 sec for it to load, then all my charting options are listed on the side. Changing from patient to patient at the push of an arrow button is eliminated entirely. Now one must back out of the mar, wait for it to load, then back out of that patient's home page, wait as it loads again, then you may select another client. Not very well thought out.

September 2014

Dawn from Martha & Mary Health Services

September 2014

Great Product to use

Covers a lot of areas from General Ledger to Clinical, MDS, Rehab, Resident Management, Marketing and Enterprise analytics. Very customizable and scalable. Company is very customer services oriented. A great product to work with!

Supreeth from Comau Power train

Great and Nice Experience

Pros

Great Environment and people. Hardworking and dedicated management who always encourage to development.

Cons

Nothing such only few deadlines in the software improvement needs clarity and also frequent updates required.