• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Super intuitive. I recommend it to small businesses."

• "It is very easy to use and get started and running...great interface to Quickbooks! We have been able to easily use the FB for our production environment and use it way beyond just for inventory!"

• "It is very easy to use. Modules connect to each other. Reports can be modified easily. The technical help is fantastic. "

• Cons

• "I wish their reports were a little more customizable on our end. We are used to QB reports which are easily customized to our need with filters, etc. They do offer custom reports, but for a fee."

• "Overall, all good. But, plugins could be a bit more affordable to purchase."

• "The menu and navigation can seem a bit convoluted, but I'm convinced this is the case with any software boasting so much functionality. "

Browse Fishbowl Manufacturing Reviews

Ed from Microraptor Computer Services

Powerful, Affordable Inventory and Order Management Software

Stated simply, Fishbowl is the best in it's class, period! Easy to use, incredibly effective and affordable Inventory and Order Management Software.

Pros

Fishbowl offers and unparalleled ease of use. Our whole team was trained and up and running in hours. You simply won't find another software package with the range of features and reliability at this price range. It easily bests other software packages costing 3 times what Fishbowl costs!

Cons

Their call back support could be a little faster, but it's still likely better than most software companies.

Joshua

Can be a great product but will depend on your personnel

Pros

I'm an Advanced QuickBooks Pro Advisor and I specialize in Inventory set up and management. I haven't found any program with as many capabilities at such a low cost range as Fishbowl. Netsuite can handle what Fishbowl does but can easily go into the hundreds of thousands to setup and get started and I found the process very complex. Fishbowl on the other hand, can import from QuickBooks and have you set up and running in just a few minutes, though I stress that this should be used as test only. To accurately use Fishbowl it can take months to setup and learn properly. This largely depends on your current experience with technology, accounting practices and inventory knowledge.

Cons

The support isn't stable. Depending on your time zone, you'll get a different team. Some zones, depending on the day and time, will pick up your call immediately and be very knowledgeable and helpful. Others will take a day to get back to you and you'll get someone who's only been there a few months but will confidently tell you something as fact and you might find our later they don't actually know what they're talking about. However, the online wiki is very detailed so if you're someone who can figure out things on your own, this will be a huge help. Basically, I've found that most people who complain about Fishbowl are really complaining about inventory, which is hugely complex. But if you're a detail oriented company with personnel who don't cut corners, Fishbowl can be an excellent fit for you. Just don't expect it to be easy!

Dave from Bioclear Matrix Systems

Industry: Medical Devices

Results of Request for Customized Pick Ticket Report

We were all extremely impressed with the talent and expertise of the Fishbowl Reports team. They were genuinely interested in helping us improve our processes by designing a report that met our specific needs. They were in constant communication with us throughout the design, installation, test and acceptance phases of our project and truly exceeded our expectations!

Pros

Although we requested a relatively minor modification to the resident Pick Ticket report, we were extremely pleased as to the quality and speed at which the modified report was provided to us by the Fishbowl Reports team. Specifically, we had requested our applicable lot numbers of each of our respective products be visible on the new report, and it indeed operates just as advertised and is a big time-saver for our team.

Cons

We had absolutely no issues with the design, installation or testing of our custom report.

Nathan from Blizzard Lighting, LLC

Fishbowl Is a Highly Functional Software Service

We currently use Fishbowl to manage our inventory, process payments, and manage customer accounts. We are looking to expand and utilize many other integrations for web store and asset tracking capabilities.

Pros

The support team is always ready to dive into your database file and find the root cause of issues in your environment. Serialization and product tracking is very functional and allows us to obtain important history on each item sold Reports have high customization options and with a little SQL programming knowledge you can virtually get any information you are looking for out of the database.

Cons

Growing pains in the earlier years of Fishbowl was a little difficult but many of these have gone away after they switched from Firebird to MySQL platform. It is a little expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl Manufacturing

We chose Fishbowl due to cost and functionality.

September 2016

Leilani from Nature's Joy, Inc.

September 2016

The updates are killing me

Pros

The customer support is great. It's just hard to get a hold of them when you need to speak to a live person on the phone. The people who work there are the nicest and most helpful when you do get to talk to them and they do resolve the day to day issues that pop up. ie, inventory getting stuck in committed status is a pretty quick fix, but then again, should it really happen in the first place?. Bigger problems take more time to fix, but they seem to keep working on it until its resolved. The people they have providing training are excellent. The wikis are pretty easy to access and are pretty good

Cons

This year the updates seem to break something that's had been working. Then it takes hours with customer support to fix and get going again. The phone support team could use more staff because it does take hours to get a call back. The reports are difficult to customize, you have to know programming. There is no simple report writer function or a reports that can be customized. If you have to pick inventory from two locations for one sales order, it will create two invoices. There is no way around that in Fishbowl. The calendar is pretty basic, could use enhancements. The inventory export CSV file does not use FIFO, but average costing. So if you use FIFO or any other method other than average costing, you have to use a different report instead of getting the data in CSV format. The shipping module is frustrating and the way it is set up does not allow us to use carton count efficiently, so we have to change the packing list after it's printed. If you want Fishbowl to count the cartons for you, you have to add each carton manually. And if you do that, it will not total or summarize the number of cartons you have, it will list each one individually. So you could have a packing list that could be several pages long. The UPS integration used to be great and then UPS updated, Fishbowl did not support the updated software and we had to change to UPS Worldship. Definitely a step backwards because the old integration worked beautifully. Now it's more manual and cumbersome.

Miriam from Dargel Boats

Industry: Shipbuilding

Works great for Small Manufacturer

I love the ease of analyzing each piece of our manufacturing process.

Pros

Ease of Quickbooks Online integration, ease of cost analysis

Cons

Reports are not as easy to manipulate as some programs

Sandra from La Mina de Oro, Inc.

Fishbowl Tech Support

Pros

A knowledgeable support team and a WMS with many advanced features needed if an inventory management system.

Cons

Overall, all good. But, plugins could be a bit more affordable to purchase.

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl Manufacturing

Affordability.

September 2016

Vinko from Manufacturing & distribution - wholesale and retail.

September 2016

Could be a good fit/value for some with a few significant caveats

Pros

We run FB 2016.11 with QuickBooks Premier 2015. FB handles quoting, sales orders, your basic pick/pack/ship, purchase orders and inventory. It has BOM capability but we find this limited. The price was right for us, esp. compared to our previous Sage software. Prepare to spend 3 to 4x the cost of the software in customization, support and initial set-up. Find other companies doing what you do (or more importantly the way you do it) and see FB in action. The software continues to have limitations and I have continued reservations about that. Some previous reviews bring this up: one's requests aren't really acknowledged or their sort of pooh-poohed. That doesn't make for a good feeling. Despite all the frustrations, limitations, and problems, Fishbowl has helped us. We'd purchase it again. We're at a point where we are again growing, and I think FB can grow with us.

Cons

I read through all the reviews (at this time 126 of them) and agree with the many that indicate that support is very difficult to get a hold of. I also echo the complaints about the need for A LOT of custom reports for simple things. And the fact that the software has bugs and that you WILL be resetting your server to complete end-of-day export to Quickbooks. Maybe more often if you export more frequently. But it is getting BETTER with every release. Still, there is no "user accountability" (again, to echo another review) with SO, PO, etc. Nor is there accountability with inventory entry. You simply have very few opportunities to have documented the ways in which your users interact with Fishbowl. And this lack is serious and can have consequences for your business. Further: be prepared for the result of the lack of customer support: Fishbowl relies on a network of consultants. You've got to get a good one to help you with bugs, problems, fixes, custom reports. And that can be expensive. There's some good consultants and bad consultants. The best consultants I've worked with admit Fishbowl's shortcomings but see the *potential* I can understand the criticisms of FB's sales staff in previous reviews. But these have to be put into context. I guess it's like a lot of sales people who promise you things. But what I would add is the sales people at the beginning of the process are so attentive than when you arrive to the post-sale status, it's just a little jarring how non-attentive the customer support staff are. So that might be the source of that criticism. From what I understand, you've got a lot of sales people, very few support people, and a lot of earnest, hardworking (and overworked) developers and programmers. I think they want to do good work and make a good product. I could speculate why the difficulties are present here but I don't have a full enough understanding to say anything more useful beyond my initial impressions and conversations with Fishbowl people. Finally: speaking of *potential*, I really do think Fishbowl has been good us and has the potential to be even better. But the number one problem may be the corporate culture. And I think I'm being fair in my assessment here. For the culture is a circle-the-wagons mentality. And it lacks transparency. Sure, there are customers who express their frustrations, but one must put those frustrations and the way the users express them into *context*. I think to its own detriment, Fishbowl does not do this. I'm not sure if I were purchasing today (and without having had the experience with Fishbowl that I now do and seeing what I now see it can do for us) that I would purchase it. One small example: Fishbowl used to have a user support forum where users could interact and sometimes FB employees would participate. That forum allowed us to see ways in which people were using Fishbowl. Apparently, some people were badmouthing the company (sometimes rightly), so FB canned the forum. (I think you can still see a google cache of it). I can think of dozens of user support forums from big (Apple) to small (smaller software) where users proffer all sorts of opinions. This doesn't stop them from allowing the community a voice. Or from users helping one another and building a supporting (and supportive) community that can benefit users. But again, the corporate culture is such that transparency appears to have little value. Perhaps FB wants to "control their narrative" from a centralized place. Many of its users would, I'm sure, defend Fishbowl from silly or inane comments and yet let the substantive comments stand as beneficial. For example: case studies. It's important for the potential buyer to get a full view of what and how FB is serving a particular customer with particular needs. That can influence a purchasing decision. You're not going to get serious help with understanding whether FB is right for you with these with facile, superficial "case studies" not generated by real users themselves but rather downloaded from the company website. These types of things often lack substance. They are more marketing material and than informed aids for purchasing decisions. We were approached to participate in such a study and we said no. In that context, we didn't think it wasn't the right thing to do and it didn't feel like a good fit with our values.

Jennifer from Right Weigh, Inc.

Excellent Manufacturing and Inventory Management Software Solution!

Pros

The versatility of viewing and tracking inventory the way we wanted to.

Cons

It lacked accounting software that we needed.

Unstable, unreliable and inefficient

Very poor overall experience. We were sold on a promise that one year later, has yet to be delivered, and has caused a lot of damage to the company. Would not recommend this software

Pros

Part and product searchability is excellent for companies with lots of sku's POS functionality is OK, but not super.

Cons

Instability: Crashes several times a week - usually have to have a call with support at least once a week Poor accounting integration - QB integration is not as seamless as advertised. Very inefficient: Simple tasks take a long time. all the needed information on a part/product is stored in three separate tabs. For example: you cannot find, List price, cost price, and current inventory in one place. Quirky errors all over the place - discounts disappearing, invoice dollar amounts changing after being posted to QB. Issued orders randomly deleted from the system required items don't show up in the Auto-PO reports Reporting functionality is exceptionally rigid and often unhelpful lack of drill-down information huge wait times for technical support Mistakes cannot be corrected after posted to FB

Cassie from POSS LLC

Industry: Warehousing

FB has abled our business to grow from a home based co. to a 10,000ft fully functioning warehouse

Being able to operate above and beyond to what we used to. We can now compete with our competitors

Pros

I absolutely love that FB is easy to use and easy to teach. It has all the features that our company uses daily. Examples include customer pricing rules, customer "numbers" or customer sku's, Auto PO function, The import/export feature has been a God-send when we need to import products to our website or send information to our customers. The substitute feature is very helpful too. We also really love how we can create custom fields within every module. I really love how the FB team remembers our company when we call and goes above and beyond when we have a hiccup or questions. We can thank FB for some of our company's success. W/o being able to correctly track inventory and use it for daily operations, we wouldn't be operating at the level we are today.

Cons

There aren't things that I like "the least" but there are things I wish FB offered/had that would help our type of business/company. This includes: 1) Since we are a product distributor, we provide a lot of our customers w/ "quotes." FB has the ability to create an "estimate" but no way to store it or look back at it for reference. Pricing rules are essentially only created in our line of operation when a customer begins buying a product. So, we have to create "quotes" on excel sheets and save them on our network folder. So it would be easier if it was all w/in FB. Or if there was a different section from pricing rules that you could make a pricing rule? If that makes sense 2) Wish we could customize reports that are staples of FB w/o paying high dollar. For ex. the packing slip should have a signature line or at least the option to include it. Or there should be options on layouts or what columns to include. Also, we've gotten feedback from customers on how they wish the item # and description where split into different columns. 3) If FB alerted a user if a sales order has been in the system for "x" amount of time. Like a dormant SO in FB 4) Be able to sort the packing slip. Ex. by Item #, customer #, item description, etc. 5) Had a UNSPSC code field. We've found that this is going to be an important code for future web sales.

July 2016

Christy from Main Street Floral

July 2016

Using Fishbowl for a year

I've been using Fishbowl for the past year. I bought it for a few reasons. One of the biggest reasons for me was because it can allow me to save credit card information for clients who continually order through our company. Another reason I liked it, is because I could place orders from anywhere using one of the plug ins. But the biggest reason I purchased it is because of it's accuracy in inventory, and because of the depth of the software features, I know that when I expand and have more than one location, a warehouse full of vases, ribbon, and potentially open a wholesale location for a facet of the industry in addition to the flowers, I'm not going to outgrow the software. I'm not even using all the features right now, but I can't wait until my small flower shop is big enough to have 3-4 locations, and use the reorder points! I know that sounds silly, but the software has been so nice because I can scale it for what I need now, and grow into it. And it's PAID for. That always feels nice :)

Pros

Encrypted credit card capture to charge recurring clients Stores pictures of the products that we sell Easy to add parts and products Lots and lots and lots of reports--- I don't think I've even opened half of them yet! I like how many features it has even though I don't use them all... it makes me think "When I get that far, then I can use this software to {fill in the blank} it's nice to know I literally have no limitations

Cons

I haven't found anything yet!

Dennis from Community Partnership for Child Development

May 2013

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department). We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed. One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it). We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment. Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system. Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment. FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data. Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also. FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

April 2013

Dave from North Park Fulfillment & Distribution

April 2013

North Park is a 3rd Party Logistics and Contract Packaging business, specializing in light manufacturing, warehousing, and B2C shipping services. We provide each customer the service and attention only the 'big guys' get at other fulfillment houses. Our search for a new Inventory/Manufacturing software solution was prompted by our move away from a warehouse operation towards a 3rd party solution for small to medium-sized businesses, that are outgrowing their current warehousing capabilities. Prior to using Fishbowl Inventory, we used 'MS Dynamics AX' (think 'GP' on steroids). Our management team has had decades of experience using everything from BaAn and SAP to high-end custom systems, and even home-grown customized solutions. We chose Fishbowl Inventory primarily based on value, integration w/Quickbooks, and ease-of-use. We've been running for more than 3 years, currently running ver 13.2 Manufacturing, Salespoint and Mobile Warehouse. We highly recommend staying updated with the current version, as improvements and features are continually being added. Initial install and implementation took us less than a full day, including import of Customer, Item, BOM, etc. from QB. User training took a week or so for all our team to be up and running well enough to use it in live production. (Only one of us spent any time in the demo.) For the most part, Fishbowl is simple and intuitive to use. There are very few places or processes where the desired next step isn't obvious. However, we've found many useful tips & tricks that we benefit from greatly, and most would have been learned with onsite training, but we declined initially because of our extensive background with other systems. Customer support has been absolutely fantastic for us! We use the Live Chat option as first contact, and only rarely need to resort to phone calls. Despite the recorded phone tree that is standard today, Fishbowl's is about as short as it can be and still direct your call to the right group. Once there, it's always leave a message and wait for a call-back; but I've always gotten a call within 2 hours (usually less). For truly urgent needs, I've always been able to call back, get the operator and get in touch with Support that can at least identify the issue and suggest some troubleshooting I can do while awaiting Technical help. In 3 years we've only had 1 instance of down-time due to system failure and that was resolved and we were up and running in 2hrs. Biggest benefits of using Fishbowl for us are ease of implementation and use; power/reliability of the system; manufacturing capabilities (only shortcoming there is full MRP/CRP/ERP modules for planning, but for our size and complexity it does surpisingly well). The biggest shortfall of Fishbowl for us is Reporting. The nature of our business doesn't lend itself well to many of the standard informational reports (operational reports are fine). However, Fishbowl is ODBC compliant, their reporting platform is open source (similar to Crystal Reports, but a bit steeper learning curve), and if you're not comfortable with SQL there are several 3rd party options for customizing reports.

Dan from Tour Vinyl

Fishbowl Inventory & Manufacturing: Not great for custom manufacturers...

Inventory management is a breeze, great for warehousing and manufacturing bigger build products, the modules, and UI is well thought out, and very logical, they did a great job with it. They have great eCommerce integrations they added on for magento and amazon which makes it more powerful. The fact that you buy the product up front (with a year of support that can be renewed) makes it seem like you are saving money by owning the software, but you'll need to upgrade every year until the software does what you want it.

Pros

It's great if you are manufacturing the same thing over and over, so you need 500 or 1000 widgets made the same way. It's a pretty powerful tool for warehousing and inventory. It costs for just the warehousing, plus users and add-ons. They'll give you a discount if you ask them, but you almost should just go with a saas program you'll get quicker updates. fishbowl you can save lots of money down the road if you don't buy there support package. They have a pretty good product development team, but it takes them at least a year it seems like to roll out any useful new features you talk to them about.

Cons

Very challenging to set up, learning curve is huge in my opinion. The BOM stages work for the most part, but you'll spend a lot of time in a sandbox database seeing if what you want works (if your doing multi stage builds) If your doing 1 to 100 of anything, and what your making varies order to order, I'd recommend some other software like ordoo, shopvox, or corbridge. They are alot quicker to set up on the

Leanne from McLane Research Labs

Very tough start, but once up and running, seems much more friendly.

Pros

Search function is amazing! Really like Fishbowl for the most part. Ordering, inventory tracking, automatic updating, etc.

Cons

1) Can't look at a part and see how many times it was ordered easily. Have to go in and out of the purchase orders. Would like to look at a part, see how often it was ordered and from whom, how many were ordered and how much we paid in a simple list form. Right now I only see the PO/Vendor without any of the important details like quantity ordered and cost. 2) I also think the Revision for an item should follow the part. It does not. There is a revision field that shows up on the purchase order, but doesn't print anywhere AND is not the same field from the Part Detail screen. In a manufacturing environment the revision for any given part should follow the part around the database, including onto purchase orders so the vendor knows what to fabricate. Right now I have to manually enter the revision on the vendor screen. The revision from the Part Detail screen should automatically populate on the Vendor screen for said part so that when the item is ordered, it appears on the purchase order . 3) I find the documentation sometimes lacking detail. 4) I'd also like to be able to create custom reports myself and without turning back the hands of time and forcing Java to use an old revision (required for iReport). A report creation function in Fishbowl would be awesome! Even my archaic old Parts & Vendors software allowed me to do create custom reports.

Jeff from MJM & Associates

May 2013

If you are considering Fishbowl for your business, you will be making a wise choice. Let me tell you a little about our business, what we were using before Fishbowl, and why we decided to go with them instead of the many choices you will have. We are a manufactures rep agency servicing the HVAC and plumbing industry. We work directly with the wholesale market and warehouse about 750 - 1000 sku's. Before Fishbowl, we had no inventory program in place - other than notebooks and getting up to check the shelf. As our business continued to grow, we quickly realized the need for some sort of help in managing our inventory and purchasing. In the 2 + years since full line integration, we are very satisfied with our decision and continue to find tools and reports that we didn't even know exisited. It's a very complete system. Our decision to go with Fishbowl wasn't an easy one. There are a lot of programs out there that will do the same thing Fishbowl can and at stagering range of costs. We looked at over a half a dozen systems, ranging from the 6 figure programs to the custom coded excel based from the local starving student. The decision was made based on the following facts - Fishbowl works directly with Quickbooks, our current accounting program. It works with excel which makes updating prices and importing product lines very easy. The other deciding factor was their support and training. Training was a huge concern for all of our associates. Since most of us had only been working out of notebooks or memory of inventory levels for years, and with varying levels of comfort with any computer program, going to any inventory software program was a very scary thought. We made the decision to invest into the on-site training they offered and it was the best decision we could have made. There is a learning curve, no doubt about it and it can be steep depending your level of comfort and savy with a computer. But rest assured, the support and training got us the answers and assistance we needed. The only thing I could say about Fishbowl in a negative light, is it's a little bit of a "one size fits all" program. There are some feature/functions that in our business just aren't needed. However, as a growing small business we like the idea of having tools at our disposal even if they are left in the tool box. It's nice to know we have them. We are very happy with Fishbowl. It has helped us grow our warehouse business and find loose ends in sales, stocking levels, and purchasing practices which all means at the end of the day we have become more profitable because of it. The more time we put behind us the more valuable the data has become. We are now even doing credit card transactions right out of Fishbowl! Trust Fishbowl. They will be there for you, provide an inventory program that will work and help you grow the business.

Fishbowl Good For SMBs Wanting An On-Premises ERP, But Prepare To Outgrow It.

It provided a decent ERP for the price but is definitely geared to low transaction volumes.

Pros

Fishbowl is relatively easy to use (by nature, ERP systems are complex) and is relatively reliable for companies whose transactions number in the low hundreds per day. Their support is quite effective but may be slower than you like -- if your business is effectively down due to an ERP issue, the last thing you want to get when you call support is voicemail. Unless things have changed in recent (2017) releases, one must update the local client with each system update, and that can be problematic for small shops that do have centralized software management and have restricted local rights on their PCs. They did change from FireDB to MySQL late last year, which improved performance drastically, but the database still requires a lot of optimization, care and feeding in order to get peak performance. Eventually, the company I worked for decided that it had outgrown FBI and migrated to NetSuite.

Cons

* Slow support response * Relatively slow performance * Cannot cancel running batch jobs * They recommend(ed) running Quickbooks and Fishbowl on the same server, which meant an extremely expensive server was required. The alternative was to split the two apps onto different machines and experience super-slow batch updates (some ran hours)

December 2015

Nick from Scale-Tec

Industry: Farming

December 2015

Precision Ag Industry Inventory Control

Pros

Fishbowl is a great company to work with! They are a solutions based company that strives to take the input of their customer. When we first implemented Fishbowl Inventory Software three years ago, we utilized their on site training to help assist with the setup and initial training. They don't just provide a cookie cutter approach to their support and training, they realize they work with all types of industry and have been able to adapt their software to work in nearly every need for inventory related purposes. Their software is easy to use, better than a DOS based system, and has great user interface for easy training of employees.

Cons

Fishbowl is very good at answering your questions and their tech support. Sometimes you have to leave a message and they have to return a phone call, however it is in a timely manner, and they generally have a solution prior to calling you back, getting your issue resolved in a timely manner. Their "live chat" on their website is a good alternative if they are unavailable by phone and your question just can't wait.

Ron from Lighting & Electrical Wholesale LTD (LEW)

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Fishbowl Inventory. Thank you Support

When I purchased Fishbowl there were many issues and I was very frustrated. After several attempts I met one of the CSR and can I say what a breath of fresh air he was and is. It is nice to meet someone who has your concerns on his mind when he approaches you and the way he handles matters is the way any company owner appreciates. He has been above the call of duty every time he handles my concerns. I must say my hand goes out to him and would shake his hand any time he is the room and give a smile and acknowledge him with the same respect he gives to me as a business owner running a company smoother thanks to his help and encouragement. As a business owner we are challenged every day and with the daily grind you feel at times lost and alone. After meeting him and having a person in your corner with you striving to ensure you have little challenges is beyond a relief it is a dream instead of a nightmare. Thanks for being part of LEW and making me feel like I have support instead of pressure!

Pros

Inventory Tracking is the biggest thing. Easy of use with Sales Order and Purchase Orders. It sends my accounting info to Quickbooks automatically at the end of the day.

Cons

Set up was a little time consuming. It took some effort to get everything in properly and just adapting to the new software functionality.

Michael from MFC IT Solutions, LLC

Needed Database tech support for failing upgrade

Helps the various departments of our company work together better.

Pros

One of the team members was my point of contact for our recent issue. We started upgrade at close of business and ran into issue late in the night. The upgrade process had been test driven successfully on the new target servers prior but something in the tag data at the moment of upgrade caused a failure. We opened for business the next AM dead in the water. They were excellent in his handling of the issue and giving it the attention we needed as our business was on hold due to the issue. The DB Tech that worked on the problem was also on point in the solving of the issue.

Cons

Only cure for bugs is full upgrade. Given that we have many custom reports it does not make it an easy option. Would like to also see support for iReport as it is bundled with your product but discontinued on it's own. Lastly, would like to see a solution that would create true "Admin" level accounts. We have in house admins that get all rights but cannot affect "Company" (and other misc) settings without using the factory "Admin" account.

Emil from WingIts Innovations, LLC

Positive. Fishbowl performs its functions efficiently

It replaced a very old and unreliable product. By integrating with QuickBooks, we greatly expanded the candidate pool for our accounting department. We were able to grow our business with lower growth in staff.

Pros

The user interface allows new users to become proficient quickly. The ability to incorporate bar codes and product images is helpful. It is a great substitute for the Inventory module of QuickBooks if you need to do a lot of kitting and assemblies as well as calculating landed costs for imports.

Cons

Report writing/modifying is cumbersome. End user is captive to Fishbowl or 3rd party authors. There should be more flexibility akin to Quickbooks for users to add/subtract columns of data as well as filtering by multiple criteria. Most filters are all/everything or just one Customer, Vendor, Part Number, etc. We also had to have custom reports created for some very basic inventory management reports - FB's main purpose. More end user input should have been/should be sought EDI implementation is possible, but through 3rd party providers and automating order processing is limited.

May 2015

Cindy from Cellu-Con, Inc.

May 2015

Great Customer Service to help navigate the software

Pros

Fishbowl has been a good fit for our company so far. Learning a new software is almost like learning a new language, so it does take time to get to know all the features and understand how this software was designed to "think". This is where Customer Service comes in... and this is where Fishbowl shines. They have GREAT people on staff that are always willing to make the time to give you the training or the help you need. On rare occasions, they don't have an answer right away and will have to get back to me, but they always get back to me with an answer to my questions. We also had a problem with a glitch in the software, and after letting our Fishbowl rep know, it was fixed with the next upgrade. Woo! Hoo! Our main purpose is getting Fishbowl was to have the ability to track lot numbers, and Fishbowl has given us that ability. We like that we are able to track multiple delivery dates on a single PO as well. We've not been able to do that in the past. My biggest brag on Fishbowl though is their outstanding Customer Service. They don't sell their product then leave you on your own to figure it all out. They've been with us every step of the way and have taught us much.

Cons

The most difficult part of Fishbowl has been using the Reports. We haven't quite figured out how to utilize them to pull the information we need. But I believe this is because the needs of our particular business aren't the needs of most companies. We also have the option to have custom reports made for those particular needs. Some of the formatted reports do not include grand totals.

Adam from Green Cover Seed

Industry: Farming

In the knick of time!

Fishbowl Inventory was a great success in our first year of utilization. The biggest and easiest improvement was the vast reduction of manual order duplication, as we were able to have orders submitted from our website directly into Fishbowl, and then have sales orders pushed directly into Quick Books on the back end of the system. As we learn to better use Fishbowl, we are more accurate with reporting to our customer's accurate data, and also keep our sales representatives up to date with inventory levels, pricing, and order tracking on behalf of their customers. For the record - our small seed company grew with the help of Fishbowl Inventory!

Pros

We really like the data transfer capabilities with an API interface from our website order platform, and the data push into Quick books on the back end. So much time has been saved from manual data entry duplication. The ability to have multiple users from all over with remote hosting allows sales reps from TX to MT to place orders and see inventory availability prior to order placing. Having the opportunity to write our own I-reports to meet our specifications.

Cons

We haven't been able to make mobile applications work yet for our systems. We still have challenges with the real time tracking of inventory between locations with using bar-codes, scanners and mobile devices.

David from Fidalgo Coffee Roasters

The Way Software Should Work

If you are a small business manufacturer, this is the system for you. Don't even question the price. It is 1/10 the price of "enterprise" systems with all the features you need. If it sounds like I'm a fan-boy, I am. I love it when software works the way it should.

Pros

The program is intuitive and extremely in depth. We a food manufacturer (coffee roaster) and we invoice through Fishbowl. We are not yet using the mobile app, so I can't talk about that. Unlike our accounting system (brand Q), one module smoothly integrates with the next. It is easy to administer and our users just get it. It is the standard by which other database systems should be measured. The integration with Quickbooks is painless. Fully automated and has never, never failed. I have not had one single

Cons

Their chat support isn't the most knowledgeable. They do have the option of custom fields, but there isn't the option to make some fields visible/invisible. The server occasionally locks up, however, all you need to do is restart. No fuss.

Marla from Bocar

Super satisfied with the Support I receive - Yeah Eastern Team!

Pros

Fishbowl software allows my company to always be in the know of our inventory position. It is EASY to learn and easy to use. This week I am adding 7 more users and having All my "on-the-road" salesmen use FISHBOWL directly. For Sales processing, for Inventory stocking orders, for Creating customers etc... Its that easy to use!! A big shout out to my EASTERN Support team for the great support through CHAT, and to Jordan Boyce as he currently has been really taking care of my issues for my immediate upgrading of my use with Fishbowl. Adding FISHBOWL HOSTING to my affiliation with FB to secure that my Mobile Salesmen are using a STABLE environment!

Cons

Some REPORTS are not in the nicest format, nor have the best "filters" to navigate. As well Little features [like spell check in email body templates] are missing, but Fishbowl does often upgrade their platform with new releases which often has these fixes.

Terry from Nature Plus, Inc.

Industry: Chemicals

Flexible, but not perfect...

Downloaded the demo (most current version) and found most feature impressive and easily configurable. Minor little things bothered me, such as a non-standard DB, no easily accessible hooks, and limited printer support (we use BarTender Labels, and wanted to tap into printing them within FB, but had no luck). For me, this is a not a show stopper, but I've been spoiled with other ERPS, LIMS, PIMS, and MRPs. Overall - it works with QuickBooks - which is great if you have to use Quickbooks, and it covers about 90% of your business rules out of the box. Again, flexible, but not perfect.

Pros

The interface is slick and looks fun to use. The dashboards will keep even your most attention-deficit workers accountable with the easy to understand graphical display. For the price, it will get your small to medium sized business working with proper ISO practices without too many issues. I love that it's all encompassing and covers all the areas needed to properly control your finances within the manufacturing sector. Not too big, not too small. Comfortable.

Cons

Understand that I've been doing informatics systems for a few years, so I'm used to having 'options', or at least access to an SDK so that I find some ways to trigger events. I'm also a Microsoft fan, so foreign databases and java scripts leave me a little intimidated. I'm also a cheap SOB, so if I can't do it, I'll be damned to pay a consultant to make my reports for me. That being said, if you like the generic reports and labels, this is a no-brainer, but if you're picky, it's slightly annoying.

KATHY from NATIONAL THREADED FASTENERS

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Good, Solid WMS

Fishbowl is a good, solid warehouse management system. It has all the functionality needed to manage our inventory and warehouse (over 1500 bin locations and 5000 sku's in a 25,000sq ft whse) . Customer support is always helpful and friendly.

Pros

Cycle Counting Functionality, Lot Traceability, Can track customer specific fields like Country of Origin, Carton Quantity, any specific as needed. The activity report is very detailed to track parts and what user touched them last. We import and are able to easily hold the product in our inventory for dollar value but as 'in-transit' (not sellable or pickable) once it sails until it actually hits the door. Inventory dollars between FB and Quickbooks are very accurate.

Cons

Does not have an EASY way to handle 'outside processing'; It can be done with transfer orders, but it is a bit time consuming. Currently, the Activity Report is losing user ids.

Patrick from Graettinger Hardware

saves time and money

This is a great start-up and small business POS program. It is robust and will allow your company to grow with out paying out for additional software upgrades. The inventory controls, vendor and receiving modules work great together. You don't have any limiitations when creating new part numbers. Custom pricing is easily learned.

Pros

For a wholesale / retail business, this is a feature packed program that handles most day to day operations and is accurate. Being PC / Server based, you don't have lag time or glitches. It's a good solid program. Integration with QBO is seamless... one button updates or create a schedule. Unlike other software companies, the service package is affordable, and the support staff is top notch.

Cons

This program is great for start up and smaller businesses, but the downside is the upfront initial cost. After using Fishbowl Inventory, you will find that the benefits outweight the cost.

Charley from We Olive, LLC

Great Inventory Software for blending eCommerce and wholesale orders

We have used Fishbowl in our corporate warehouse for over 5 years. Fishbowl makes processing both eCommerce and wholesale orders easy and organized. It also makes purchasing inventory a breeze with in depth historical reporting and sales forecasting. I would also highly recommend investing in the Janam handheld scanner running Fishbowl mobile software; makes cycle counts hassle-free. There is a slight learning curve, but is still much easier than other inventory systems we've used in the past.

Pros

Best part of Fishbowl is their reporting. Being able to analyze past purchasing and sales reports to better forecast inventory movement is crucial and Fishbowl nails it. I also like that they have a direct import and export function to link with our eCommerce site.

Cons

Michael from Mag Specialties Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

Top Notch Support

Our company has used FB for many years now and rely heavy on its capabilities to run our business. From a support standpoint I rate it A+

Pros

Fishbowl is a simple but robust solution and meets our requirements from order entry and order fulfillment at our Headquarters and manufacturing facilities. It integrates with Salesforce via a API and is continually improving. The Fishbowl Plug-in team specifically Jacobi Sardoni is great to work with as they focus on the problem, help you resolve it and educate you on the way. Over all very professional in their efforts. Thank you!

Cons

From a sales perspective, the Salesforce API was initially limited but has gone through some major revisions to become a more robust API we can trust. Their are still some features that need to be improved relative to fulfillment.

Morton from TraumaFX Solutions, Inc.

Materials Manager

One thing that I am most grateful for is that we chose a software package that is actively being improved... constantly... that is a real plus.

Pros

The company is continuously improving the product. They listen to their customer's suggestions... and also keep abreast of changing ways in which businesses function in our changing world. When they detect 'bugs'... they fix them!

Cons

As with most all software packages... the reports are not the most robust... However, there are 3rd party programmers who partner with Fishbowl. I run our entire business relying on reports that I have designed and then paid the 3rd party programmers to produce... the cost is very reasonable. This isn't really a 'con'... as almost all software has generic reports due to the fact that there is such a diverse user group.

Cathy from Pinnacle Graphics

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Customer Support Saved Us!

CSR in Customer Support saved the day with her patience, total understanding of Fishbowl, and being able to get us up and running again so quickly. She is very good at seeing the big picture of what needs to be done, and then pull in database techs and use her own expertise to quickly fix a complicated software problem! Thank you so much, CSR! You are awesome!

Pros

We had to have a total reload, upgrade and re-enter inventory and parts for our entire company. We are a small company and do not have the breadth of experience to handle IT and software issues quickly. Thanks to Fishbowl and their support team, they filled the gap for us!

Cons

instruction manual rather cumbersome, much easier to just call customer support. Hard to figure out solutions from the manual for non-IT oriented people.

Sean from CMMG, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Fantastic Product and Support

Pros

Ease of use, it hasn't taken more that a day or so to get new users up and running in their departments. WE have several Fishbowl subject matter experts that have picked up the more advanced stuff in a few weeks. I've never had to wait more that 24 hours for a support issue, and if its urgent I can usually get support that day. Our integration partner has been fantastic and Fishbowl is working flawlessly with our Quickbooks and website, we've even had a few custom reports made to expand our inventory control.

Cons

The one feature i would really like to see is a "make from" function. So I can use raw material, make parts from it, and have Fishbowl consume the raw material and add in the parts made from it. I know I can get around this with a bill of materials but it can consume a lot of time for a simple procedure.

AL from A-1 Telecom

Industry: Wholesale

Fantastic Software with Unlimited Tools and A Very Knowledgeable and Helpful Customer Support Team!

Overall the Software is extremely user friendly and can work with a multitude of different size and types of companies. Fishbowl offers the ability to break free with the sophistication and automation it brings. The best part is the customer support. The support staff is knowledgeable and helpful beyond request. I can honestly say one of my best experiences with a support team in the history of my business has been with the Fishbowl team. They have helped us with integration in places that we had no knowledge about, this is truly the value add. I recently had a great experience with a team member of fishbowl, Jason, who literally helped me all the way through an issue I was having internally.... and then he even followed up with me a few days after just to check in and make sure all was still well! My honest opinion, Fishbowl is the best you can buy.

Pros

User friendly Multi-functional for many different types of sales and locations Advanced ability to automate procedure Works with current business model and also allows for advancement in years to come

Nathan from ION-TOF USA

Overall a product that suits the majority of our needs and is easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use and was pretty easy to learn. It seems to integrate pretty well in to quickbooks although I would prefer it keep the item (part) numbers on the QB invoice rather than saying FB_Item.

Cons

I would really like to see an equipment rental feature included. I have asked for this on many occasions as it is a key part of our business. The other feature I would like to see is the implementation of QR codes. Our main supplier uses these and it would be great if we could just scan their qr codes. Last issue is in the reporting of historical stock values, it seems to me that I sometimes get different values when running the same report on different days.

Veronica from Global Organics LLC

ERP to Fishbowl

We migrated from an ERP software to Fishbowl and have found the software easy to use for our day to day operations. We did have some customizations but overall the implementation process was very simple to get through.

Pros

The ease of making corrections in Fishbowl is a simple process unlike our original ERP software, and the tracking function within the software is great for our periodic inspections. The reports available in the software are a great value in and of itself, they are functional and easy to use. The import/export feature is a great benefit for setting up the software as well as making any changes or additions within the software.

Cons

Make sure that all units of measure and their respective conversions are set up prior to entering any transactions as once there is a transaction in against a part or product this cannot be changed.

Lucas from CJGlobal

September 2016

We totally regret the purchase!

Pros

The Part & Product feature works fine. The Calendar function is good. This guy (can't say his name) was the ONLY PERSON that should not take the blame for a bad customer support. He was excellent and I am very thankful to him!

Cons

Everything, or pretty much everything. Customer service is TERRIBLE, really, I am not exaggerating, it is the W O R S T P A I D customer service I've ever seen, looks like that they are your customer instead. Glitches, you will find MANY glitches! After 7 months using it and having issues with my inventory quantities day after day, month after month, I came across to a discrepancy in my inventory numbers that I was sure that wasn't a human error, got (miracle) on hold with their support team and what happened? "This is a glitch in your database that we can't solve, what YOU(yes, we, the customers) will have to do is to start a NEW database, from ZERO" And guess what? "Oh, by the way, you CAN'T import SO's that were already fulfilled/shipped(that means that we LOST our HISTORY of everything that we sold from the past 7 MONTHS!)" Do you think they helped me to import data to the new DB? No they did not, they simply stated that this is unlawful and they would not be helping me on the process. Plus, but not least, you CAN'T, as well, import fulfilled PO's, meaning that you also loses the history of your purchases! (like, dude, seriously?) Everything above is part of my recent issues, pretty much all that had happened around 09-01-2016 - 09-15-2016 _____________________________________________________________________________________________ Let's talk about scanning (yes we also did the mistake of purchasing the scanner and Fishbowl GO). Mind you that I am not even going to talk about the promises that were made in terms of fulfilling our needs and stuff, so you can assume that everything I am concerned about, it's just because we've spoke about it before purchasing it. Scanning(Fishbowl GO) is SIMPLE, that's the word. If you need to scan order's(doesn't a matter if it's a SO or PO) by boxes, FORGET ABOUT IT, the system will bring over the total amount of pieces/boxes that you are supposed to receive right after the first scanned bar code. What I want to say with that is that you ARE NOT ABLE to scan orders by boxes, having the sum of everything at the end, and THEN matching with the order. Police actions Pretty much everything in the system can be changed, when comes to dates, memos, SO's, PO's, etc. But Fishbowl won't hold a tracking of who has changed it, it simply won't. That's a big deal for us, and I believe for the majority as well. UOM - Conversions Be careful when setting UOM's and Conversions, this can REALLY screw up with your inventory! Training DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TAKE NOTES ABOUT THAT - IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT! They will usually provide you with a 12h (the basic package) support, which will be also used to train you. Along the way with Fishbowl, pieces of information were given to me in a monthly basis. Meaning that I did not have someone that would come to me, study our needs deeply and work with it. Instead, I had to "play with it(as per what they told me to do)" and find errors, problems, situations where I'd need support with, in order to get an answer. YOU MUST KNOW exactly what you need, you must let them know it, and you must BOTHER them in order to get information. They will simply careless if you have a big issue. It took me about 6 months to fully (if I really do understand it) understand the software, and it was VERY painful. I don't even remember how many times I took the blame for errors that I came to realize that weren't my fault, but fishbowl's lack of information (or misleading information). I would not be writing all that if I was even a bit happy with the purchase, my life has been a nightmare since we bought it, mind you it was 7 months ago. The software isn't that bad, Fishbowl's consultants are the problem, or it's company's culture. Do yourself another favor, look trough all the bad reviews in here, it's very easy to manipulate good reviews, but the bad ones you cant. Make sure you have everything explained, and PLEASE, use the 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE to dig into the software, even if you have to create fake SO's and PO's to test it, even if you have to spend 8h/day during the whole month working on it, but DO IT, I assure you that it will help A LOT to really find out if that works or not for your company. I hope that you understand that this is a review of a very, very, VERY disappointed customer, and that in any situation I'd dispose myself to screw a company like that if I wasn't right. I hope you read it all and wish you better luck than what we had! :)

June 2016

Carlos from Decline to state

June 2016

Absolute Ripoff

Ignore any of the positive reviews they are clearly lies placed by the company. Notice how only the negative reviews mention any specifics. If you can adopt this software to fit your business needs, you will quickly find it is not a scalable solution whatsoever. The software allows for minimal to zero customization and requires to follow every step of their preset workflows. The product is essentially an open-source, i.e. free, database packaged with a one size fits all schema and a slow and clunky front-end. They include an open-source reporting platform (iReports) and market it as having fully customizable reporting. Yet they do not support this free reporting platform and barely support getting it connected if you're patient and don't mind waiting up to a week for answers. They also sale a completely impractical mobile interface that will quickly make anyone prefer to run over to a computer before trying to navigate their handheld device software. It could NEVER be used by someone operating a forklift. This product is a complete RIPOFF targeting a great group of suckers, i.e. businesses without the financial or technical acumen to move beyond the world of QuickBooks. Before you spend $50,000 on a bad, bad, solution think about return on investment and whether your business plas to grow. Then find one of the many scalable ERP systems that can be implemented for the same price, even if it takes a little longer to get setup. Better to get by with spreadsheets for 6 months and have a real solution down the road then waste time and resources in solution that if you're lucky enough to get to work, you will outgrow in a year. THIS SOFTWARE SUCKS A !!

Pros

The 2016 front end looks slick. There is an API, but it will cost you more to hire a progammer to figure out how to integrate with it than to just get better softwate that plays better.

Cons

THE SUPPORT IS HIDEOUS, THE MOBILE APP IS USELESS, SALESPEOPLE ARE LIARS

August 2016

Jason from JF Services LLC.

August 2016

So much bang for the buck!

I've been using Fishbowl for a little less than a year, and have found the functionality to be amazing. We manufacture a lot of strange products, from Ukuleles to Canoes, and the bills of materials, and work orders are a life saver when trying to determine total cost and price for products.

Pros

Fishbowl integrates with Quickbooks, and if use the offered training well you'll rarely if ever have to get into Quickbooks. Find it easy to use and understand with the fantastic training offered by the support team.

Cons

If you have a slightly more complex business model, or maybe a business model that doesn't follow the normal flow than you may have to adjust your business flow, or take a couple more steps to make Fishbowl work for you.

Gary from Summit Business Associates

Industry: Computer Hardware

Overall my experience with Fishbowl has been positive, it has evolved a lot since we started in 2013

Pros

From an administrator standpoint it is very easy to implement and maintain. From a end user standpoint it is very easy to train new Fishbowl users, all modules are designed with the end users ease of use in mind. Technical Support personnel are very knowledgeable and usually isolate and fix and issues quickly.

Cons

I wish the reporting side of Fishbowl was more robust, Home Care Industries is a manufacturer they rely heavily on making sure raw materials are on hand or on order to meet customer orders. Having a true MPS or MRP as part of Fishbowl with be a great enhancement.

April 2016

Chris from Burlington Merchandising and Fixtures

1.5

April 2016

Did not work out

Pros

Customer support is thorough when you are able to reach them. Software was very easy to understand and implement. There are a few valuable stock reports. Data module allows you to write your own SQL queries.

Cons

1. IT issues a. Having to reset company server every Sunday. As per IT department, this is a known issue on Fishbowls end with no plans to fix b. Having to reset fishbowl server every day due to export failures. Again, known issue. c. The client stalls on our staff daily. Just this past week, collectively we've had to kill the application 40 times due to random lock-ups. This is not an issue on our IT department's end. d. Our quickbook's database has increased tenfold due to the amount of exports fishbowl has made over the last three years. Manuvering in Quickbook's is now a nightmare here in Canada since users are unable to compress the database anymore. 2. Internal Control a. No audit trail as it relates to changes to SKUs, POs, SOs, changes to inventory valuations b. Inability to lock down PO and SO items after they are issued c. Inability to police SKU creation. We need users to be able to create SKUs and submit to management for approval. Once approved, the SKU details are locked down. Fishbowl's user account control is VERY limited. 3. Reporting a. Poor inventory reporting not able to view listing at a specific date. Fishbooks workaround does not reconcile to the quickbooks ledger since the report is only a snapshot and not an actual valuation at that date. b. Not able to customize views on reports such as POs, SOs, etc. c. Inventory days aging calculation is flawed. If I move inventory to another location, it resets to zero. That is not how days in inventory is properly calculated. Fishbowl cant calculate this measure since historical values are not stored. Same with GMROII. d. Inability to create custom reports to track measures such as inventory performance and turnover. Historical carrying cost data is not stored. 4. Poor integration with Quickbooks a. If SKUs accounts were not correctly mapped, a change must be made in both fishbowl and quickbooks after the fact. If we were able to police SKU creation properly, this would rarely be an issue. b. Live inventory valuation in Fishbowl almost never agrees with ledger and I cant figure out why.

Beverly from PBL Enterprises INC - Zaugg America

Industry: Machinery

Good program. Poor support.

We have used Fishbowl for 10 years. Until a year ago we had very little problems and required hardly any support. We have always purchased the annual support package. Now they have grown and their support team seems to think I should be a computer guru or have someone working for me that is a guru. I just want the program to work so I can run my business. I don't want to learn how to FIX their program. My last successful export was Oct 21. It is now Nov 4. Can't run a business this way. Fishbowl is causing us to lose money in our busy time of year.

Pros

Great software when it is working.

Cons

Support that I pay for

Matthew from EFTP

Great Functionality on a Robust Platform

Once we purchased the software we used the trial-period to best understand how the software functioned and how we would utilize it in our business. Once we were comfortable with it, we integrated it into our daily operations. The customer support has been very good and really makes this product work fur our business. Without the high level of support that we received, we wouldn't have kept the software.

Pros

Good integration with QuickBooks and a lot of functionality for business operations.

Cons

The learning curve is a little steep. This platform can help you manage almost any function in your business, so you will have to have a clear understanding of your internal processes and how best to reflect those in FishBowl. This can take some time, but it is worth it in the end.

Lovely Program and Software - Great Customer Service!!!

As a whole this has been a breeze, easy set up and functionality, easy to keep all our inventory correct on all our currently connected selling sites. Great response time both phone calls and e-mail inquires. This company and it's software program is wonderful al around!

Pros

This is a very simple to use program, and may be a little overwhelming at first look, but they are great about remote access long-ins and talking you through things, they usually resolve an issue very quickly, and are always happy to help! Inventory connection, keeps all our inventory on all our sites correct all the time, and keeps us from accidently overselling from platform to platform.

Cons

Cost. I understand to a degree, but this would be the only down fall at the moment. It is amazing, but costly, and maybe after a while it will balance out a bit better. We are glad to have spent the money, we needed this.

Randy from Car Wash Systems inc

Industry: Industrial Automation

Fishbowl Rocks

Pros

The software is very powerful, yet easy to use. There are many simple things that make it easy to use. For instance, after you are done inputting information, you just hit enter to search. With other software, you often have to take you hand of the keyboard and move your mouse to click on something to search. Blows Quickbooks multi-inventory away.

Cons

The main screens of the customer and vendor modules have the contact information greyed out because you can't edit them from that screen. The greyed out areas are difficult to read.

Pam from POSS LLC

Overall pleased with Fishbowl

Inventory control is our biggest benefit.

Pros

The use of the dashboard as a quick overview and how modules are linked within sales orders or other modules, makes moving from one module to another easy.

Cons

Learning the program was a challenge but after a few trial and errors I can easily maneuver through the program. Also, I dislike the inability to customize reports ourselves. Paying additional fees to have reports created just to add a signature line on a packing slip is a downfall. Wish it was more user-friendly when it came to report changes.

Sheri from Sandstone Creations

Industry: Furniture

Great tool at a great price

Would love to have someone available to answer my questions when I call and not have to leave a message or send an e-mail. Timing to resolving my problems is key to my happiness!

Pros

Nice well-rounded tool--it does a great job at managing everything from inventory to invoicing to charging our customer. Hard to find a solution that does all of that well and stays within a small business owners budget.

Cons

Quick books integration could be better. The integration itself is seamless which is great, but reading the Fishbowl data in Quickbooks could be better.

Sebastian from Body Armor Outlet

Good software once you know how to use it

Pros

Utilizing the all of the features, reports, and support of this system will help your company grow to be successful. Being able to make groups for customers is extremely helpful especially in the field that I'm in because we have state contracts and different pricing structures for different customers.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this product is that it runs extremely slow. We have about 8-15 users and sometimes it's a painful process. If it was ran on the cloud it would be much more efficient.

David from Innovation Cabinetry LLC

Customer Support Working Hard

This company has made huge strides with the Customer Support departments. They are responsive and understanding with improvements everyday. Our account manager and the support and plugins teams are willing to walk through and find answers for all questions we have. Great service and heopfully they keep improving.

Pros

Very easy to use and manage. Out of the box you get a great number of features and reports.

Cons

Price is a little on the high end but their Sales Account Manager are willing to work with you and get you what you need and within a reasonable budget.